Final Fantasy RP OOC *Sign-ups open*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Final Fantasy RP OOC *Sign-ups open*

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:40 pm

I was kind of going to model it a little after Final Fantasy Tactic Advance's System: The linear plot is always available. It's up to you when you want to continue.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Heh. Provided you can make the plot wait for you, that's not a bad idea.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby The Master Incarnate » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Sorry, most of those were typos I didn't spot. They are fixed now. However, Vincent is not an avatar. It was never stated in the CS that he was. In fact, it's says the exact opposite.
"If...The Doctor can be young...and strong...then so can I. The Master...reborn!"

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:04 pm

In any other RP I would reject him on the basis that he has nothing to him. In this RP, however, that is fine... as long as you can figure out how to complete him.

@Veg: Well, the world's a wasteland so there's nothing to do until you start reconstructing things.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Regalus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I can haz question concerning classes and abilities. You mentioned that the abilities section is for character specific abilities; but then that makes me wonder, how many class abilities do we start with? I mean, are we assumed to have mastered our respective classes and have our unique abilities in addition to them?

Also, assuming we can give a proper description and ability list; would you allow for unique classes, or must we specifically choose one of the pre-existing ones?

Postby Karo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:39 am

My sheet is done Geo.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Tartaurus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:07 am

Name: Toma Levine

Race: Human

Job: Freelancer

Appearance:

Special Possessions:
Compass
Rock climbing equipment
Parachute
General survival supplies

Special Abilities: Well, he's a siver tongued bastard, and he can down a soda like nobody's business. He's also very agile, and can do some damage with his grappling hook.

Personality: Toma Levine is a swashbuckling, vagrant explorer in search of ancient treasure and fame. He is a self-titled Mystical Explorer; a bit of a flake, he can apparently persuade creditors to finance his ventures with ease. Despite his tendency to run out of money by purchasing good food and drink, he is well equipped with lore and information, making mention of the Rainbow Shell and Sun Stone.

Background: He was hired to track down the Rainbow Shell by the village elder of Dorino. He ultimately did track down the location of the Rainbow Shell, which he narrowed to the Giant's Claw off the coast of Choras. Unfortunately, he was not able to penetrate the lair itself, still plagued with Azala's old dinosaur henchmen. Before his first attempt at the place, he instructed Crono and his party to take his drink and pour it on his future grave on the West Cape. After doing so, his ghost arose and revealed the location of the shell. Back in the medieval period, he noted that he was not sour about getting beaten to the treasure, but declared that he would most definitely find the Sun Stone first (another treasure he was beaten to by the heroes of time).
After having failed miserably at both jobs his reputation had diminished considerably.
Last edited by Tartaurus on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Location: Somewhere dark, I'm bound to what I think is a chair. I can still smell chloroform...

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:56 am

@Reg: I'm leaving it up to you guys to determine how to use your class. For example, if you were a black mage, I would be fine with you using '-aga' level spells in desperate situations, even if a video game black mage would be using that as a normal spell.

Unique jobs are fine with me as long as you explain them as well as you did in that post.

@Karo: Nice job. ACCEPTED! *thunderclap*

@Tart: As I explained before, job=class in this instance. I edited the CS to explain that as well.

GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:13 am

"It's 'Treasure Hunter'!"

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:56 am

Question:
Geomancer wrote:In order to prevent an all-out war, the gods have made an uneasy truce not to attack each other's avatars.

I suppose what you mean here is that a god does not attack the avatar of another, not that avatars themselves can't fight? Do you mind if I make a character that's bound to come into conflict with the other players? I just watched this and now I'm raring for some lawful vs. chaotic action.

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:51 am

Yes, it meant that gods would not attack avatars of another god unless, of course, that avatar attacked first. Go for it, sword of Alexander!

GMancer

Postby Regalus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:40 am

Well Vegedus; if you so desire I may be able to give you a proper target, seeing how I'm considering making an Avatar of Leviathan. Surely striking down an avatar of that fearsome serpent, is right up your characters alley. Especially seeing how Leviathan is one of the more stereotypical chaotic deities out there.

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Well, I was already considering Karo's Bahamut avatar, and depending on how thiefy she is, I might have an excuse :P

But feel free.

Postby ViviGlow » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:52 pm

How exactly does one become an avatar...? In the intro it seems to state that the powerful people have the capability to be any god's avatar so what actually decides which one gets them?
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:14 pm

There's two ways to become an avatar: crises or duty. Crises usually involves a life or death event in which you need the god's help (see Karo's character) while duty is a deliberate act of serving the god and eventually asking for their boon. A god might also offer the status of avatar to those who impress them. Leviathan might offer it to someone who manages to keep their ship intact through a huge storm while Shiva might offer it to someone who lives in a frozen climate and is self-reliant.

GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Duty, totally.

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:20 pm

Out of curiosity, does anyone plan on being anything but a human?

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Blue-cat people might be interesting... but I think they had their own kind of racial rules and kinks which I cannot remember...

Or Al Bhed for the swirly eyes...

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:32 pm

I haven't decided yet. It's the obvious choice, but I keep thinking there's a race out there, or one I could come up with, that would suit my concept better.

Postby Regalus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm not going human; though I am still sifting through races. I believe Huang Long is interested in this RP and is thinking of making a Chocobo, avatar of Bahamut. Though he has yet to sit down and write any specifics to my knowledge.

Postby ViviGlow » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:42 pm

I was planning to make an avatar of Shiva.. not gonna go blue people I think, want the turning blue to be noticeable :P

Postby Tartaurus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:18 pm

There, Freelancer was one of them.

Location: Somewhere dark, I'm bound to what I think is a chair. I can still smell chloroform...

Postby Karo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Regalus wrote:I'm not going human; though I am still sifting through races. I believe Huang Long is interested in this RP and is thinking of making a Chocobo, avatar of Bahamut. Though he has yet to sit down and write any specifics to my knowledge.

A bird that turns into a dragon? That sounds amusing.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Geomancer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:25 am

I assume he is from the Chrono series but... you don't want him to have any combat skills whatsoever?

GMancer

Postby Tartaurus » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Hmm. I guess I'l add something. There.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing