Mortal Kombat: Aftermath (OOC- GET OVER HERE!...and signup.)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Mortal Kombat: Aftermath (OOC- GET OVER HERE!...and signup.)

Postby Archrival » Fri May 06, 2011 5:36 am

Mortal Kombat: Aftermath.

Setting:
It has been a year since the events of Mortal Kombat concluded with the defeat and destruction of Shao Kahn. Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Jax and many others that fought so bravely for Earthrealm are dead. Raiden having altered the original Mortal Kombat events due to visions sent back to him from his future self managed to stop Shao Kahn, but he did not defeat the underlined threat that was Quan Chi and his alliance with Shinnok the fallen elder god.

Now Quan chi has taken over Outworld claiming it as his own and once again threatens Earthrealm, he has also freed Shinnok from his prison and the pair has begun to forge an army to destroy Earthrealm. Raiden having a heavy heart from his previous attempts to save Earthrealm and the loss of many of his friends and comrades has once again stepped up to redeem himself, he is joined by Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade two of the only Earthrealm Warriors who survived the previous Mortal Kombat.

The pair had gone separate ways after the events of the previous Mortal Kombat. Sonya had been promoted to Major which was previously Jax’s Position and Johnny Cage is once again a highly paid movie star but is doing movies of much better quality as he has become a more humble man after Raiden’s influence. But upon hearing about Quan Chi’s Plans with Shinnok and their takeover from Raiden they immediately join his cause.

Players:
You will be either members of Raiden’s new Earthrealm Resistance, or Quan Chi’s Outworld/Netherrealm army. There are very few characters still remaining after the previous Mortal Kombat but if you wish to be a surviving character then that’s fine by me.

The list of dead are as follows: Kung Lao, Smoke, Sub-Zero/Cyber Sub-Zero, Nightwolf, Kitana, Jade, Stryker, Kabal, Liu Kang, Jax, Motaro, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot, and of course, Shao Kahn. Those that are unknown after the events are: Goro, Kintaro, Mileena, Kano, Baraka, Reptile, Sheeva, Scorpion, Sektor, Cyrax, and Ermac. Any characters you feel worthy from MK4 onwards (Original Timeline) such as Kenshi, Bo Raicho, Reiko, Tanya etc. Are available for use.

The goals for the players fighting alongside Raiden is to stop Quan Chi and Shinnok any way possible, even if it means killing those that are trying to stop you. As for those sided with Quan Chi (Side of evil) it's basically a killing spree of the heroes before taking over Earthrealm. If anyone has a different agenda I'd class you as neutral but you guys are pretty rare and yes if you feel it relevant to your character you can swap sides but only during the course of the Rp or where you feel it emotionally relevant.

Information:
If you are not familliar with the franchise then I suggest you go check out this Mortla Kombat based wikipedia page for all information regarding games, characters, storyline and anything else MK, this youtube series will help visually with backgrounds on some of the characters because obviously in this RP most of them are dead also it shows how their personalities are bit better than the games because no game character can top a video of a real life one.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Alliance: (Good or Evil)
Appearance: (If an original character I want text only, if a already established character then I want both picture and text.)
Abilities: (Don’t go too mental here, yes I know there are Thunder Gods, Elder Gods, Human lizards, Cyborg ninjas and god only knows but in fairness to each other don’t go too powerful)
Grudge: (This is not required but it'd be more interesting if you had a character you were intent on going after such as Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion or Sonya vs. Kano etc.)
History: (I want at least a paragraph or two here.)

Accepted
Good:
Vegedus: Koroza Takeda "Hawk"
Brad: Kashoku Right
Hana: Hua Yin Jing
Ro Wong: Shaun Ventres
MyLittleSister: Kong Sorou
Glacier: Glacier

Neutral:
Zelosse: Krim Artesh.
Iris: Ermac

Evil:

Need work
Last edited by Archrival on Tue May 31, 2011 2:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Re: Mortal Kombat: Aftermath (OOC- GET OVER HERE!...and signup.)

Postby Glacier » Fri May 06, 2011 11:35 am

Hmm, Sub zero is dead huh? Time for a new student of Lin Kuei to take the spot light.

Enter Glacier Mk. II

Postby Archrival » Fri May 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Well first Sub-zero got turned into a robot like Cyrax and Sektor instead of Smoke getting transformed, then he got killed like half a dozen other earthrealmers when Sindel killed em all while she was buffed up by Shang Tsung's soul.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Sat May 07, 2011 4:19 am

Can I be Sheeva?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Sat May 07, 2011 5:32 am

Dibs Sektor-type character.

Postby Archrival » Sat May 07, 2011 5:51 am

My_Little_Sister wrote:Can I be Sheeva?

Of course, I suggest trying to find the second of the old films for interpretation of her. I know most say the films are shit but in terms of representation of the characters I feel it's ok. I actually think Mileena would suit you more in terms of personality.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Sat May 07, 2011 8:25 am

Who's Mileena?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Archrival » Sat May 07, 2011 8:29 am

SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Thinking of making a surviving Shirai Ryu or Special Forces character...
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Archrival » Sat May 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Scorpion survived for the Shirai Ryu and only Sonya is left of the special forces, obviously original characters for either groups are most welcome.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 08, 2011 4:40 am

I'd rather make an original character than potentially fuck up the personality of an existing one, anyways.

Postby Zelosse » Sun May 08, 2011 4:59 am

Name: Krim Artesh

Alliance: Neutral

Appearance:
Like most of the cyborg ninja's before him Krim is no longer considered human. His body flesh and organs were stripped away to be replaced by a prototype cyborg program and armor upgrade. Krim's body is unlike his former allies, his armor is stronger but lighter. Normally this would be a problem but unlike Sektor he does not rely on explosives or energy based weaponry and instead relies on the ninja art of concealed weaponry.
His body may have been altered but his humanity remains intact due to an overload in the control chip implanted in his brain. Krim retains free will and an inability to be controlled, along with his incredible skills before becoming a cyborg he was a force to be feared by even the most powerful of creatures. A master of deception, but in no way weak at 1 on 1 combat.

his armor has a dark blue color to it, strong plating on his wrists with less armor on his biceps to allow controlled motion without compromising speed or protection. His chest has 3 vents where his abs would be and a compartment on his chest that slides open to reveal a series of darts and shurikens coated with a very strong killing poison. The rumor has it that 1 drop could kill even the strongest of sorcerers, but such things are not truly known since none have tasted the poison and lived long enough to tell another person about it.

his boots are padded on the bottom with strong shin guards with a large knee protector overtop, thigh pads give him the look of a samurai. A series of weapons are built into his thighs including two long daggers with a strong handle guard. The blades are curved like snakes, razor sharp and incredibly fast in his capable hands.

Overtop of his armor is a very long coat, long black sleeves with elaborate wave designs along the rims that sag down a few inches from his arms. The coat reaches down just past his knee's and is tattered at the bottom only showing hints of his armor. A long hood is sewn into the coat to cover the robot eyes and mouthpiece that symbolizes him as a cyborg. Krim uses this coat as a momentary distraction to the unaware and uses the lack of vision to better make use of his various small projectile attacks.

Abilities: Increased prey tracking and the ability to see into an opponents move based on previous views of said ability. A quick learner and a perfect ability to memorize anything seen. He is deadly quiet and excels at misleading attacks including feints and armor piercing blows disguised as simple attacks. Due to his Metallic body he is very durable to blunt and sharp attacks alike.

Grudge: Krim is a creature of neutrality, existing only to survive and outlast.

History: Krim at a young age was an incredibly gifted fighter, even during his starting years he showed exceptional skill in precision with both projectile weaponry and swordplay. Demonstrating keenly his ability to memorize an opponents attack and either copy it to a degree or simply block it. When he was later turned to an advanced prototype of the cyborgs that were known as Sektor and Cyrax he quickly surpassed them in different fields. While they all had a unique skill display that he could never compare to, Krim was still an extremely dangerous fighter.

During the transition of his brain to the cybornetic chip that controlled his every movement and thought there was an unexpected malfunction with the chip that caused momentary insanity and an insatiable lust for blood. Though nobody was killed, many people were seriously injured and near death yet allowed to live. His first and last showing of sympathy for previous comrades.

He disappeared into the shadows for many years, briefly emerging to join forces with a good or evil to better serve himself and his will to outlive everyone else. But one knows just by the way he fights that it is more than just survival, Krim want's to make something out of himself and the world he called 'home' but what that is nobody knows.
Last edited by Zelosse on Thu May 12, 2011 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 6:04 am

Is he actually Lin Kuei? And I'd just go over it and check punctuation and capitols I swear there are some mistakes and definately some missing capitols. Other than that I like it, if this runs long enough I'll probs think about asking you to come up with both and alternate costume (if you're original) and fatality (again if original).
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 08, 2011 6:26 am

I don't think there's a need to come up with a formalized fatality. Just encourage people to end every fight in a brutal, fatality-like manner, rather than having a set one to use every time.

Postby Zelosse » Sun May 08, 2011 6:36 am

Arch who you talkin' to.

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 08, 2011 6:56 am

Considering you're the only one who's submitted a CS, I think it's you.

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 6:59 am

Vegedus wrote:I don't think there's a need to come up with a formalized fatality. Just encourage people to end every fight in a brutal, fatality-like manner, rather than having a set one to use every time.

Good plan

@Zelosse: You indeed.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Sun May 08, 2011 9:20 am

Archrival wrote:Mileena and her background.

She's hot for a computer generated video game character.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 9:29 am

My_Little_Sister wrote:

Knew you'd like her, plus she has a sultry yet vicious personality being the fact she's part Tarkatan.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Sun May 08, 2011 9:30 am

Archrival wrote:
My_Little_Sister wrote:

Knew you'd like her, plus she has a sultry yet vicious personality being the fact she's part Tarkatan.

Tark... huh?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 9:31 am

Tarkatan, it's an Outworld race.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Sun May 08, 2011 9:39 am

Alright... I guess I could be her... I don't know what to do... Should I just make an OC?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 am

Just make a CS of her if you like her, maybe modify her appearance to your own liking?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Sun May 08, 2011 9:51 am

It's not her appearance, it's her attitude, a little too dark for me. I have an idea! Sheeva's good twin!
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 9:52 am

That would be Kitana.....who's dead. Oh wait you said Sheeva not Mileena, she doesn't really have a twin as she's Shokan and they are pretty generally evil.
Last edited by Archrival on Sun May 08, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Next

Return to Role Playing