Animal Kingdom OOC.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Animal Kingdom OOC.

Postby Villain » Mon May 30, 2011 11:00 am

You're gutting me here, I had a whole line up of dino's (And prehistoric animals) planned ranging from Troodons , Herrerasaurus, Baryonyx, Platybelodon, Acrocanthosaurus, Andrewsarchus, Velociraptor, Giganotosaurus, CARNOTAURUS, Gracilisuchus, Spinosaurus, Scimitar Cat, Tarbosaurus, Dilophosaurus, heck even a Dimetrodon, and finally the T-Rex.

Now lets think, what obscure animal can I use?...

Vilain's List:
Black Dragonfish
Saltwater Crocodile
Regal Horned Lizard
Gharial
Wolverine
Raven/Crow
Nile Crocodile
Nile Monitor
Komodo Dragon
Vampire Bat
Tuatara
Basilisk Lizard
Frilled Lizard

Can I use these?
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Mathias » Mon May 30, 2011 11:13 am

Fummofu wrote:What is the time period for this RP?

There isn't one compared to our timeline. Some animals prefer a Medieval lifestyle while others are more modernized.

Villain wrote:Can I use these?

A gharial would be interesting. You never hear about them.

Postby Villain » Mon May 30, 2011 11:22 am

Probably because the Gharial is the wierd uncle to the Crocodile and Alligator that stands in the corner smelling paint and staring at people with his lazy eye with the only form of communication being a gurgled murmur here and there.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Mathias » Mon May 30, 2011 11:23 am

Now will you be in the UPW?

Postby Villain » Mon May 30, 2011 11:27 am

Fine..... Although being a carnivore with no vegetarian capabilitys is going to be hard.

And the turtle sage doesn't have any correlation to oh I don't know the turtle sage from Kung Fu Panda?

Postby Mathias » Mon May 30, 2011 11:36 am

I don't like that movie.

Turtles have always been considered sagely because of their longevity.

And no one says you have to be a carnivore. Becoming Domestic alters their physical capabilities.

Postby Glacier » Mon May 30, 2011 3:55 pm

How is being a veg so hard? I had a vegetarian wolf last time

Postby Fummoffu » Mon May 30, 2011 3:58 pm

@Math: Sooooo domestics can just fly in with jets and bomb other domestics' castles?
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Mon May 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Not quite; by "modernized," I meant they can use guns. They don't use jets and bombs because some of them have wings.

If an aerial assault is desired, they'd have to make an arrangement with the bird Domestics.

Postby Fummoffu » Mon May 30, 2011 4:16 pm

So flintlocks? AWESOME.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Mon May 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Well, my character Jack will be using machine guns and other heavy artillery. He also makes his own bombs and such.

So it's up to you, just inquire for approval.

Postby Asmodai » Mon May 30, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm still a bit confused at the appearances of the animals. Are we humanoid (anthromorphic) or are we just smarter versions of the regular animal? Because when I read Mathias' CS, Jack is only 2 feet tall, yet Ryute's character Hideo is 5'7"

Either way, I'm going for the Lammergeier, or Bearded Vulture.
Wikipedia wrote:The Lammergeier has learned to crack bones too large to be swallowed by carrying them up to a height and then dropping them onto rocks below, smashing them into smaller pieces and exposing the nutritious marrow. This learned skill requires extensive practice by immature birds and takes up to seven years to master.

Bombs away.
Mephobiac

Postby Mathias » Mon May 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Appearance is entirely up to you. I'm leaving that open. What I imagine for my anthropomorphs is either an animal becoming bipedal (this pertains to all quadripedal animals) or simply becoming humanly intelligent (they can speak; pertains to most animals that are already bipedal or aerial/aquatic). For the case of insects, they grow larger.

Also, I've never heard of that bird before. Interesting.
And you all don't have to feel obligated to choose obscure animals (though that makes it easier for me to come up with characters based upon more common animals).

Postby Mathias » Mon May 30, 2011 4:46 pm

I should also note that Jack's weapons compensate for his lack of natural defensive capabilities. So if you use an animal that has natural "weapons" (claws, beaks, talons), they might be more likely to use those over synthetic weapons.

Postby Fummoffu » Mon May 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Char’s Name- Sefu Safari

Char’s Species- Meerkat

Char’s Physical Traits - Sefu is covered in sandy golden fur. His tail is not bushy like all other mongoose species, but is rather long and thin and tapers to a black or reddish colored pointed tip. He uses his tail to balance when standing upright. His face tapers, coming to a point at the nose, which is brown. His eyes have black patches around them and he has small black crescent-shaped ears.

Char’s Build - He is long and slender, standing 3 feet tall, yet agile with strong built legs for speed.

Char’s Natural Traits - Sefu is quite the trickster and appears sly due to his agile body language. Due to his species usually being preyed upon, he is extremely vigilant (He has keen hearing and remains alert and aware of his surroundings). Like cats, Meerkats have binocular vision which gives them a large peripheral range, and depth perception. His slender figure and strong legs make him very agile.

Char’s Personality – Sefu has a rather chaotic tendency. He loves having fun. The kind of fun he loves is what is seen as chaotic. He acts as an enforcer of UPW and prevents any harm to befall any domestics or wilds who are threatened by the enemy. He loves the adrenalin and the thrill one gets from being at the front, fighting back with all kinds of destructive weapons of war. The hype of battle is his cocaine and he is terribly addicted. He is a trickster at heart as well as an all round good domestic for he has chosen a righteous path to ensure the safety of all wilds.

Char’s Background – Sefu joined UPW because they offered him the chance to fight the good fight, simple as that. Although he fights more for the thrill, he does show compassion for wilds and takes his job seriously. Before he joined he was an avid daredevil. He performed many dangerous stunts, whether on a skateboard, attempting moves upon the highest ramps, or on a motorbike, souring through the air over a row of Elephants. The alluring power of the UPW captured Sefu’s attention. It promised him a life on the move battling the forces of tyranny and defending the existence of all Wilds. There he met (insert name of iris’s character here), now his best friend and fellow freedom fighter. Sefu became fond of guns and vehicles which heightened his love of war. He was rather sharp with a sniper rifle and Ak-47, but could duel wield desert eagles as well. Grenades and flamethrowers were favourites as well (Basically anything that went BOOM).
Last edited by Fummoffu on Tue May 31, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Tue May 31, 2011 12:36 am

I feel like people will be wanting character renderings from you, Fummo.

Postby Fummoffu » Tue May 31, 2011 4:04 am

Heyo, new design.
Is he accepted?
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 am

I don't not accept players.

Is he wearing a bra? :P

Postby Tuor » Tue May 31, 2011 12:44 pm

Haha, that's what I thought.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Tue May 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Hahahahaha now I cant stop seeing it either xD

Curiosity, is this more a comedy RP or a serious one (I probably already know the answer)
Mephobiac

Postby Fummoffu » Tue May 31, 2011 1:00 pm

All you guys think about are bra's and bewbs.
Goggles dammit lol

Whether he wears a bra or not he's still awesome and chaotic.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Tue May 31, 2011 2:02 pm

Asmodai wrote:Hahahahaha now I cant stop seeing it either xD

Curiosity, is this more a comedy RP or a serious one (I probably already know the answer)

As in real life, there are funny people and there are serious peole. It's entirely up to your characters.

Fummofu wrote:All you guys think about are bra's and bewbs.
Goggles dammit lol

Whether he wears a bra or not he's still awesome and chaotic.

I knew they were goggles.

Postby Fummoffu » Tue May 31, 2011 2:05 pm

I know you knew.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Tue May 31, 2011 2:13 pm

Would it be too much to ask if I wanted to start this tomorrow? Could all of you get your sheets in?

Postby Iris » Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 pm

I should have mine finished in a couple hours then.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing