One Piece - War of the Gemlords IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: One Piece - War of the Gemlords IC

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 am

Hodo flinched a little at the sudden brightness of Kino's Fox Flare, and turned to see what in the world he thought he was doing. He looked like he was basically inviting whoever might be in the town to parley. Not that whoever was here didn't know where they all were, but doing something like that might be more of a curse than a blessing. Still, he should support his captain in whatever endeavor he chooses. Hodo hid in the shadows of the nearest alleyway.

The whoosh of an object moving through the air caught Hodo's ears and he looked up in time to see a bizarre plant monster with what appeared to be a scarecrow riding on top jumping over the houses. Quickly and quietly, Hodo jumped up and used the gutter as a pivot to somersault himself backwards and landed on the house with only the slightest scuff of his shoes on the material of the roof. With any luck, Pumpkin Rider wouldn't notice he was there. Hodo was a few houses behind the Pumpkin Rider as he tore off the bag over his head.

Hodo blinked in mild surprise. It was a person. Hodo watched him carefully, ready to act if he made a hostile move.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Matthonius » Sun May 29, 2011 2:43 am

Smoke billowed from a broken window as Matthew left the store. His body was covered in stings but he's had worse. In his left hand he held a handfull of burned hornets on wich he was gratefully chewing, someone must like him if he is given such a delightfull snack. He then started walking towards where he saw that flare. not noticing or not caring that the fire was starting to spread.
Dragonborn Dragonborn, by his honour is sworn, to keep evil forever at bay
and the fiercest foes rout, when they hear triumph's shout.

Dragonborn for your blessing we pray, and the scrolls have fortold, of black wings in the cold
that when brothers wage war come unfurled, Alduin bane of kings, ancient shadow unbound
with a hunger to swallow the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50u0zUeCmU

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Sun May 29, 2011 3:30 am

[Loop Lionheart - In the Lighthouse, getting agitated]

When the voice of his mysterious adversary had started echoing in the room, Loop was tempted to tense once again. Thankfully, he had already established that a cool head and flexible stance were his best options at the moment and he latched on them like a parasite. Blocking out the laughter, the knight strained his ears to find the location of its owner. Yet, 'Almost...no. There! Wrong, Echo.' , he found himself unable too. The room was just too damn acoustic, built like a damn opera house. Loop briefly wondered if that was intentional.

Despite the fact that most of loop's attention was focused on his search, a small part of him took the time to analyze this person's...no, this, being's words, for no human who was human at heart would threaten so casually to rip out the heart of another. A loud inorganic noise came from his left.

A noise? Loop's pupils suddenly contracted.

What was that sound? Something had moved nearby and, judging by the sound, fallen over on the ground. Did this creature knock something over? Or was it the creature itself? A mistake or a trap? Reaching out with his senses, he quickly judged the exact distance and bearing from his location. Yes, his original deduction was correct. The sound was coming from the next room. How would he move to it without giving the creature an opening? The answer was that there really wasn't a way, not with the situation being what it was. Sure, he was pretty certain he could protect himself from all sides and any attack it could produce, even now, but he didn't know what this creature's abilities were, not for sure, and frankly, with Coil's safety on the line, he didn't want to risk it.

Still, the fact that it was asking questions instead of attacking even in these most advantageous of positions, the best that Loop would allow it to have, showed that it was more interested in the former than the latter. He could keep the creature talking, he could keep it distracted. Even if the creature was attempting the same with its own batter, Loop was ready for it while it would be not. That would increase the knight's chances of a swift counterattack or rush at best or leave the situation equal as it already was at worst.

"Walking damned? Is that what you are creature?" Loop begun, subtly turning his back to the next room's doorway and beginning to slowly backtrack. "If these are your lands we had no intention of trespassing upon them. We are simply lost travelers who came to you island with hopes of some rest, fresh supplies and safe place to spend the night. If you give us those we shall leave quietly at dawn." Somebody seeing Loop walk with his back turned towards the position of the enemy would think him mad. Yet the knight knew better. The shadowed room in frond of him had more hiding spots and avenues of attack from where the creature could attempt to back stabbed him, than the bare doorway behind him. As long as he kept his senses extended and focused and kept in mind to expect an attack from behind, this was the best approach.

He had to keep talking.

"But first, creature, answer me this and answer me truthfully. What became of this island and its people? What turned it into the barren wasteland i first saw when i disembarked? Before you speak though, creature, bare in what mind you have that depending on what you answer, i may be forced to end you." Loop said, with his eye narrowed and a very threatening edge in his tone. Distraction or not, the knight had been curious of the answer. Loop was a protector of the innocent first and foremost, were this creature the one that had desolated the town and its inhabitants, it was a threat that we he had no alternative but to terminate.

"We Knights of the Royal Coil have sworn to cut out the heart of anyone who has rotten it. As one of champions of this order, if you truly are a monster with no hope of salvation, i shall be obliged to turn my vows into actions, even if they lead to my downfall." The knight said grimly, his right hand coming to rest at the hilt of his spring blade. Midway to his speech, Loop had crossed the threshold of the next room and turned to survey its contents. Always on guard, he gave a critical gaze at what appeared to be three-dimensional map of the nearby town. There were peculiar boxes of different coloration at several parts of the scale model. Plans, Loop realized with a frown. He had given the creature's intelligence too little credit. Could some of those boxes represent the positions of the pirates he had sailed with? Was the creature surveying them in some way? How much had they tangled themselves in the web it had spanned?

Regardless, Loop knew only one thing for certain, that this was very bad news. If the creature was indeed hostile he had to eliminate it immediately, lest the knight's unlikely allies suffered in its hands.

The knight's eyes then shifted to gaze at the pumpkin that seemed to rest on bucket, its fiery gaze overlooking the miniature town. Loop frowned, his senses were receiving peculiar vibes from it. In hind side, he had seen pumpkins all-over the island when the ship made port. But what was one doing in what obviously was the creature's war room. Did the creature make them? It made sense, although he knew there were strange qualities of plants in the world he lived in, Loop doubted there was a kind of pumping that grew naturally carved to resemble jack-o-lanterns. But why waste all that time and effort? Plus, there was the strange feeling they gave off.

A funny thought flashed right then through Loop's mind. Were these pumpkins, as insane as it sounded, spawn of the creature in one way or the other? Were they minions? Or was it possible that...was it possible that they were the creature itself? Something like a physical manifestation of a spirit, perhaps? As he had said before, strange things were not unusual in this world. It was surveying them in some way or the other, after all. The knight was abruptly feeling very uncomfortable. There were too many questions and far too few answers.

Loop's suspicious glare kept boring holes upon the strange pumpkin. With a light twist of his wrist, he half-released the hilt of his spring blade.

As long as there was the possibility that...
Image Made it myself. (Tukinode may not reflect the ideas of his original creator)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:06 am

Hi-ho, hi-ho, hi-ho hi-ho hi-ho. Echoes of bad whistling echoed throughout the ship, the warping caused from it bouncing around the ship didn't help either but soon he'd have elft and that wouldn't be a problem. Alley-oop. Some running was heard above the deck, a foot hit the rail and a thin figure leaped off the ship, somersaulted and landed on the dock, crouching down as his boots hit it. Arca paled slightly as the wood underneath him gave slightly, although it was nice that it didn't give much resistance, that landing would have hurt more otherwise. He quickly stepped off the indents in the wood and skimmed along the dock, pausing only to stare blankly at one of the nastier looking pumpkins, kick it right into the sea and speed off again, doing a few cartwheels, somersaults off things and duck and roll randomly along the ground, with plenty of "whees" and "oofs".

This place is a hole. he said as he ran/skipped past some of the more decrepit houses. Although...lot's of interesting things can grow in a hole. He muttered thoughtfully as he slowed and peered into a house hidden by shade. Are there any little friends to make in here? He cautiously walked to the doorway and pushed a button on his goggles. The gloom disappeared to reveal thousands, maybe even millions of thin greyish threads in the air. Ooohh, yes. Just what little beauties are in here? Come on, come on dearies, come to papa. A heisatant gloved hand, the fingers bare to feel the touch, reached out to touch the webs only two inches hidden in the darkness, who knows what would have happened to a person who'd have just walked in, it would have been nearly impossible to see, it would certainly have been a nasty way to go, walking into a room entirely full of spider web and...Oh yeah...you are lovely, aren't you?

He crooned and purred as dozens of little spiders, the biggest being half a centermetre in size, scuttled across and from the deep depths of the ginormous web to his fingers and scuried around them, swarming up his arm, dozens, nay hundreds of them now, of the tiny beings. He giggled and dipped a finger from other hand into the swarm on his hand and pulled it back again to take a closer look at the at the one females spider hanging from the finger and the three males walking around the strange fabric of the glove. Oh look at that colour, you're just beautiful little creatures. Most of them were pitch black but the smaller ones, the females, had dashes of dark red on them. What a lovely hue that is. He chuckled and stepped away into the light, one arm nearly entirely submerged in a black seething mass but when he stepped back into the light, they started jumping, scaling down on spider web, crawling down him in an effort to get back to their home. Oh no, no, don't go, ohhh. He said miserably as the black line disappeared quickly along the ground into the house.

Well, at least you four stayed with me, eh? He said to the remaining four on his other hand that seemed perfectly happy to stay there. Righto, let's put you somewhere safe. He put his hand on his hand, pushing it slowly into the hair, then took it away again. Now to find the rest, aye? Let's go. He walked off down the street, whistling happily and casually stamping through, throwing rocks at or kicking each pumpkin he came across.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Archrival » Sun May 29, 2011 9:31 am

Jack nearly jumped when the blade flew out of nowhere and impaled itself on the door. But he didn't jump out of fear but jumped due to not expecting such a trap, in fact he was rather determined to get to the bottom of this whole thing. He knew the blade hadn't come from a sentient source and was definately triggered in some way, he cautiously made his way towards the table. He eyed the pumpkin in the hat suspiciously. "Hmm this looks oddly familliar, almost an obvious sign this was Stitch but why would he want an entire island gone? It makes no sense." Jack sat down at the table and waited for said pumpkin to come to life as he knew it would.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Geomancer » Sun May 29, 2011 9:41 am

*On the rooftop*

Either Kino wasn't listening or he wasn't taking Stitch seriously. "Alright, thanks for the information. I wasn't planning on staying here long anyway. See, this is just kind of a pit stop. After my last failure, the results of which you are familiar with, I decided I needed people to help me. I managed to find a chance and took it. Unfortunately, we badly need a doctor and I remembered how well you patched me up so I was hoping you could join my crew. What do you say?" He smiled brightly.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Zelosse » Sun May 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Black sails billowed in the wind, the flag returned to a blinding white with multi-colored eyes. The Gem-Warlords flag. A symbol of power in these seas that even the world government avoids at all costs, normally there is a fleet of 10 or so ships but instead it was just two small ships with a crew of maybe 30 people aboard but each one was just itching for a good fight and the sight of blood spilled.
Behind them were the Amethyst and Sapphire Gem-warlords.
The ship had nearly reached the docks unnoticed amidst the strange events upon the island.

Sarah stood on the deck of the ship as it slowly turned to bring the cannons in range, her sword was sheathed but her right hand was on the hilt in a drawing stance, a sick purple glow was flowing out of the sword and up her hand as she was preparing for her first attack. The entire world went silent for a single moment as the screaming of steel pierced the night, the armored ship the survivors had come on was now severed in half cleanly, the docks had also been slashed down the middle but seemed stable enough for the time being.

Within minutes the tiny island would be filled with the foulest pirates the sea had ever harbored. Sarah smiled like a loving mother as her crew began to row to the island, screaming and hollering for blood shed, there would be no survivors. But Instead of arriving on the docks as a wave, some of the crews simply went around the area and arrived on the other side to prevent a proper defense from an attack head-on.

-Sarah Orlana-

Idly holding up her left hand, she looked at the wedding ring that adorned her finger. How long had it been since the man she'd loved died on the docks. Her new crew after establishing command amidst the chaos had reported a well dressed gent dead upon the docks, with a small rowboat nearby. The man she had loved was a coward and had intended to flee without her!
Yet why did her heart ache at the loss? He betrayed you, Sarah! Why do you still harbor feelings for a man who tried to abandon you at the alter... Her berating was ended as Zale, the Sapphire Gem-world, took a tremendous running leap from the deck to the severed remains of the survivor ship and finally stopping on the beaches of the island. "Come along Sarah, you will find comfort in battle." He called out to her.
The smile on her face grew, she knew he was right. With grace, the woman performed the same jumps as her superior and arrived on the beach bellowing orders. She would lead the charge.

As Sarah was calling out names she caught a glimpse of two people upon a building near the middle of the Island and figured that would be a good place to go.

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun May 29, 2011 8:19 pm

_Charon_

" I am the keeper of this unholy prison, so yes, yes I am." The voice replied, confirming to the knight that he is the walking damn. "And what entitles you to ask me that, you waltz into my home, smashed my favorite pipe, and threaten me, you get you nothing. " And then went on to say " You're lucky to leave here with your life." There were twelve green pieces, the knight should have realized that was far too many pieces to represent them. His blade collided with the pail than the pumpkin, as the pumpkin sprouted wooden limbs, and rolled over to block. " I'm sorry, sir, but you're not piercing my hide so easily." The pumpkin remarked as he release the pail and grabbed a broomstick. Between them was still the table as the pumpkin man had to back up.

" I thought it was you, Mister Valentine. It has been quite a long time. " The pumpkin spoke, it then stood up and sprouted wooden limbs. " The master ordered me to attack the door as soon as it was opened." He explained as he dusted himself off and grabbed a hold of his other blade. The way, the pumpkin spoke and held the dagger, Jack would recognize it was the pumpkin named Hex. " It's people died a long time ago, before he was a devil fruit user." Hex explained and then answered the gambler's question " And the reason, why the island must remain empty is simple, Mister Valentine, the entire island is a trap for the Gem Warlords, an explosive one at that."

" Why do I always get difficult people." The man would be Mister Stitch & Sow complained with a lather loud sigh. He turned around and started to stoke his chin. He has dealt with types like theses before in the past. In the distance, he spotted something unusual to him. " What's this?" He questioned, as he reached into his dress jacket for a scope. He raised his scope up to his right eye, and what he saw, was more people was heading into his city. With the scope, he searched for where, they could have possibly came from. An unsettling smile had formed as soon as he seen the flag of the enemy's ship. " The entire city is rigged with explosives at key points, help me gather the gem warlords into the center of the city, and then, I might agree to your terms." He said to Kino. He grabbed his sack and placed it over his head as he then said " Hallo Hallo, Trick or Treat." becoming the scarecrow once more. " Come follow me!" The scarecrow man said as he leaped off the building's rooftop.
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Tue May 31, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Matthonius » Mon May 30, 2011 12:43 am

The thumping sound of Matthew running was now periodically being interrupted by the cracking sound of cockroaches. He had seen the enthusiastic girl being chased by a swarm of these things and he also saw how a pumpkin reared up and joined the chase, Well not while he was around.
Now he was quickly gaining on the pumpkin creature who had paid no attention to what was happening behind him. then all of a sudden it could hear heavy footsteps and then stop. It had just enough time to turn around and see a giant shadow jumping towards him with cleaver raised upwards.
Slice and Dice!!

Dragonborn for your blessing we pray, and the scrolls have fortold, of black wings in the cold
that when brothers wage war come unfurled, Alduin bane of kings, ancient shadow unbound

Postby Karo » Mon May 30, 2011 2:27 am

~Aelelia~

Aelelia continued to run as she heard the cockroaches skitter after her, turning down the streets in order to get to the center of town. She would have gone down the docks and jumped into the water to avoid them, but she wanted to know what was so special about the book she had grabbed. but when the pumpkin began running along beside her, she couldn't help but laugh in amazement. "A talking jack o' lantern! How adorable! It's too bad you're not very nice, little one. I don't plan on keeping the book, I was just curious as to what it was." She turned as she heard someone run up nearby, and her smile vanished completely as she watched the large man swing down at the pumpkin. "No! Polaris Throw!" She quickly dashed in between the man and the pumpkin, and grabbed the arm swinging down with the cleaver in hand. She slipped her shoulder underneath the offending arm, and prepared to flip him over her back. Forgetting about the cockroaches, she worked towards saving the pumpkin, she had never seen a talking one before, and wanted to learn more about it.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Matthonius » Mon May 30, 2011 3:15 am

Time seemed to slow down as Matthew flew through the air.
There was a lot of power in that girl. Why would she stop him while he was trying to save her she must have guts, He respects that. Then Matthew remembered he was falling. He hit a wall which did'nt do much to stop him and landed with a loud thud sending dust in all directions.
Matthew groaned as he pulled himself up; Why the hell did you do that!?

Postby Archrival » Mon May 30, 2011 6:46 am

Jack was neither surprised nor confused when the pumpkin spoke, he was used to it after having spent quite a few years with Stitch's pets. "Yes it has been quite a long time Hex, and yet it seems like it was just yesterday that we were a crew together." Jack pulled out a card from his waistcoat and began to twiddle with it in his hands. "And so you did but you know that would not put me off searching this place, I've faced far more dangerous things." Jack was intrigued by why Stitch was actually here, as the pumpkin mentioned Gem warlords his curiousity was peaked even further. "Gem Warlords? Who or what are they and why is your master involved in this and them in the first place?" Jack asked certain that the pumpkin would somehow know due to the strange link between them and their master Stitch.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Mon May 30, 2011 2:23 pm

(Note to MM: I know i may be going a bit far and i'll edit if you want)

[Loop Lionheart - Badass mode]

The knight's eyes hardened at the sound of those words and his blade flashed. With great clarity he saw as the pumpkin he had aimed grew limbs and rolled away from his strike. Loop's sword instead tore a flawless fissure through the iron pail, nearly cutting it in two. His murderous gaze fell upon the peculiar vegetable, his ears completely ignoring its words. He had been right; the pumpkins were this creature's servants. Loop set his legs to the ground, charging up for the required short range leap.

"If that is your is answer creature then you leave me little choice!" The spring blade reflected the moon's brilliance upon its elegant silver scabbard as it was thrown spinning in the air. "As a knight of the Royal Coil i will deliver!..." Loop's calloused hands closed around it just as it fell past his side, holding it upside down. With the back of the blade, he struck, hitting the table in its underside and sending it into perfectly vertical flight while leaving the objects on it completely undisturbed. "...Retribution!" With his only obstacle hovering over them, Loop's fiery emerald eyes met those of the pumpkin.

'Spring step.'

The knight's blood-stained armored body flickered the short distance between his adversaries, his spring blade already back in the sheath by his side and turned right-side up. His flowing ebony locks shadowed his face as his right hand once more clenched around the hilt of his weapon. He was still a step too far to slice the pumpkin itself but this was enough for its weapon.

'Spring Rain'

Three lines of silver flashed over the broomstick held in the pumpkin's hands, the spring blade's handle already being twisted back into its scabbard. The wooden instrument fell apart, split into four perfectly even pieces, two of which were still held with the pumpkin's wooden clutches.

"May you rest in peace." Time seemed to slow down as Loop unleashed his springblade for what he hoped to be the last time in the lighthouse. His left leg crashed forwards, shattering the floor beneath it and covering the last step the knight required to enter within in range of a killing strike. His sword shot forwards in a rising diagonal arc, indiscriminately tearing through the stone floor in order to slice Loop’s vile enemy in half. Unless the creature’s minion had enough speed or insight to dodge, the knight’s pet would be eating demonic pumpkin for dinner that night.
Last edited by Deathmaster Forse on Mon May 30, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Made it myself. (Tukinode may not reflect the ideas of his original creator)

Postby Karo » Mon May 30, 2011 2:58 pm

~Aelelia~

Aelelia dusted her hands off and looked back at the pumpkin, smiling once she saw it unharmed. Then she turned back to the other pirate just in time for him to ask her why the hell she did that. She looked at him for a moment, then brushed her blonde hair out of her eyes, the dark purple almost matching the early nighttime sky behind her. "That is a sentient pumpkin you were about to squish. What right do you have to end the life of a self-aware piece of produce just because it was chasing me?" She placed her hands on her hips and looked at the man, her smile fading as she lectured him.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Matthonius » Mon May 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Matthews eyes widened as he listend to the girl lecturing him. But I... But you... He then looked down in shame.
I'm sorry... Its just when I saw you being chased it brought back memories and my instinct took over. He then turned to the pumpkin.Please accept my humble excuse for trying to turn you into a chopped salade. He then sat down on a pile of crates and looked at the girl waiting for what she would say next. something in her reminded him of his little sister. That brought back painfull memories but it also reminded him of his duty

Postby Belwicket » Mon May 30, 2011 9:17 pm

Kurz Weber: Back to the Ship

Kurz had gotten lost soon after trying to chase a couple of his crewmates. With a sigh, he tried to find his way back to his ship. He'd heard a loud sound but didn't think anything of it at first. It took a long time but he eventually found it.
"Pirates." he said to himself as he saw them around the destroyed ship. He raised his rifle to look through the scope in an attempt to find the one in charge. He failed.
With his anger growing, he began trying to find any crewmates in the mass of people.
If he would find any, he would try his best to assist them by shooting the pirates coming at them from behind.
If he didn't, he'd shoot everyone and hope a crewmate would soon show up.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Rough Giraffe » Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 am

Hodo blinked. He set the entire town to blow up on a whim? What the crap?

As Pumpkin Rider jumped off the roof, Hodo followed him. "You've had explosives around the island this entire time? What if lightning struck and set one off? The whole city could be destroyed by accident."

He sighed. "All right, well, it doesn't matter I guess. What's your plan to draw out the enemy? I'll help however I can."
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:46 pm

_Charron_ The Pumpkins

Obviously something was unusual about that Knight's weapon. What caught Nex's attention was how he used it and the small machine noise before he struck. There was a trick to it, but what was it, the pumpkin questioned with its lit eyes were to glue to the knight. Its entire focus were the movements the knight made. Whatever it could learn, its master will benefit. The knight set aside the obstacle in his way, and quickly closed the gap. " Spring Step....Spring, of course. That explains the mechanical noise and fast drawing speed of his blade." Nex figured out and not a moment to soon as the Knight had already sliced up his weapon. Its weapon gone, Nex knew the Knight had planned to finish this, but now it knew what to look for. The knight stepped forward, it felt like an eternity had passed them by as it waited for the mechanical noises of his weapon. It smirked and jumped to the left, avoiding the killing blow at the last second. " Sorry, I've got better things to do today, than dying." It remarked with a wink and then tossed the two remaining pieces of its broomstick, making a run for it. " By the way, the Gem Warlords destroyed your boat, want to get a new one?" Nex asked as it ran for its life.

" You know, I think he still thinks of you as a gambler and not as a pirate. If anything he'll probably claim your delusional and say that they are two different things. " Hex mentioned, revealing that Stitch& Sow still has an issue with pirates. He leaped off the table and headed straight for the door. " Well the gem warlord, just got rid of your ship. So they're evil, now let's go take over there empty ship." It then twirled around its dagger as it opened and walked out the door. " Just like old times, wouldn't you agree."

The heavy foot steps alerted Dex, but when it stopped, Dex drew out his gun from under his hat. If the feet stepped from behind, there was only one conclusion, the supposed attacker had leaped. Dex turned and aimed his gun at the cleaver wielding leaper, only to be surprised that the girl, he was chasing had stopped the man. " Because, I'm interesting? That's why, you helped me?" Dex questioned with its gun still held up, aimed at the cook. " Quite foolish, but now, I have new order and we have a common foe, the Gem Warlord." The pumpkin Dex went on to say. " The city rigged to explode and we need a ship, bring the book with you, and follow me."
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Tue May 31, 2011 5:24 pm

[Loop Lionheart - From this day forwards, will forever hate pumpkins]

A slight widening of the eyes was the only indication of surprise that emerged on the knight's face. The little devil had dodged his slice. How resentful yet at the same time, how remarkable! For a piece of produce a mere tenth his size to avoid such an attack. Sure, Loop hadn't made any arrangements for the possibility just cause he hadn't been expecting it, but actually escaping a spring blade's blinding slice was a feat that spoke of skill, no matter what the circumstances were. How had it done it though? He had a few theories but...

The side of Loop's sword met the remains of the pumpkin's ruined weapon as they were tossed at him, they flew with such force that they imbedded themselves to the farside wall. The knight himself was already shooting forwards, in quick pursuit of the runway vegetable.

...He'd have to ask it before he killed it.

Speaking of questions, the pumpkin had asked him one a second before. Something about boats, a destroyed ship and the illustrious Gem Warlords? What did the most feared pirate crew in the North blue have to do with a new boat and his own ruined vessel?

His own ruined vessel?...

"Wait, WHAT?!"

Postby Karo » Tue May 31, 2011 5:44 pm

~Aelelia~

Aelelia smiled at the man as he easily submitted to her lecturing and apologized. "That's better." She looked down at the pumpkin as he spoke, and continued to smile. "Just because you're interesting? That's not the case at all. I have a strict policy of never fatally harming any sentient, speaking creature, even if it means me harm. I will gladly incapacitate one, but never kill. Unfortunately, there is no way to safely incapacitate a speaking pumpkin so far as I can tell at the moment." She watched the gun cooly, obviously unafraid of it. She had spent a lot of time around guns thanks to her father, and was comfortable with them. And the best way to avoid being shot was by not showing fear when a gun was pulled and to just remain calm. She nodded as the pumpkin explained that they would now be working together against the Gem Warlords, and that the city was a trap. She dropped the book into a pocket on the side of her captain's coat, just near her hip. The book barely fit, but she was going to need both hands free if the Gem Warlords were on their way. "Lead the way then, mister...?" She gestured towards the direction they had been running, looking quizzically at the pumpkin, hoping for him to introduce himself.

Postby Archrival » Tue May 31, 2011 5:46 pm

Jack nodded thoughtfully as the pumpkin minion explained that Stitch didn't think of him as a pirate. "I suppose your right in that I'm more a gambler than a pirate but I enjoy being both equally." At the mention of their ship being destroyed Jack jumped to his feet and clenched his fist, he was angry as hell even though it wasn his ship they'd travel quite far on that thing and he was just getting used to it. "How dare they!? Damn right we're gonna take their ship, and give them a lesson they'll always remember!" Time to test his new modifications, he pulled his mac out of the holster and press the button on the handles shaft, the mace began to extend in length and top opened up into two fists facing opposite. "Old times but with some new changes, let's go kick some Gemlord ass." Jack said as he stormed out of the building into the area near the pier.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Zelosse » Tue May 31, 2011 6:22 pm

-Sarah Orlane-

The pirates had taken the outer ring of the island fairly quickly, the amethyst gem warlord had seemingly disappeared but was likely making her way quickly to the center where she had spotted the foxfire boy and the odd scarecrow. There was something about the scarecrow that disturbed her and yet intrigued her all at once and she needed to know what it was.
Sarah would have answers and then his head.

With grace and immense skill the Amethyst Gem-warlord jumped upwards and used a nearby wall as a sort of springboard to propel herself upwards to where her targets had been earlier only to find the two had repositioned. Glancing down, Sarah caught a glimpse of the scarecrows tophat bobbing up and down. Taking a quick pace to the other side of the house, Sarah leaped off and unsheathed her sword midair, bringing it into a firm position behind her back.
Screeching metal was the only noise this deadly woman had made, the sudden whistling of the wind followed closely as Sarah slashed at the scarecrows back from the right shoulder to the left hip, hoping to catch it by surprise and take away it's mobility. The fox boy would have his own problems.

-Zale Marlin-

Amethyst was fast, faster than most other Gem-warlords, but that didn't stop Zale from following closely enough to keep vision of her. When the woman leaped at her target he was already in a bullrush forwards while the foxboy and the scarecrow were busy looking at the threat above them.
With a speed that belied his massive size and armor, Zale caught the fox boy with his shield and sent the poor kid a good distance away but cringed, he hated using a surprise attack like that no matter the circumstance.
Advancing with his sword drawn and the shield securely attached to his back the Sapphire warlord emitted a presence of absolute certainty, this man had the confidence born from countless victories over strong foes and circumstances.

"I will say this once, Submit and you will not be killed by my hands." His voice was stern but honorable, as if speaking to an equal fighter.

-Random assailants, yay!-
(Find your name, fight accordingly)

~Jack~

The moment he stepped out into the open there was the smell of gunpowder igniting, a cannonball from the ship leveling the building he had just been in a moment before in an instant. Outside was a small group of attackers wielding cutlass' and seemed well trained in their use, one pirate in the back ordered an attack while thrusting a long spear forward. He was clearly in charge of this squad.

-Hodo-

*Thunk*
A throwing axe implanted into a nearby wall mere inches from the assassin's head, the assailant was hunched on top of a roof with a face concealing mask and a heavy black cloak making him little more than a shadow. Two small daggers were inhand ready to be thrown, 3 more such attackers bearing brown cloaks appeared from the doorways. The Gem-lords little hitsquad.

-Matthew and Aelelia-

Cannonballs began to fall on the pair at random, none aimed for them but the general area, quickly reducing the walls to dust but thankfully the pair were unharmed. When the dust settled they saw two people standing in the wreckage, a host of pirates behind them brandishing cutlass'. The larger of the two had a massive curved axe, the other held a rapier. The pirates behind the obvious leaders charged forward to swarm the cook and the young girl.

-Kurz-

From somewhere in the distance there was a brief whistling noise, a moment later there was a bullet hole in the wall next to his head. The shot had been fired from aboard the occupied Gem-warlord ship on the crows nest but the night made it hard to get a good sight, if Kurz had any hope of winning in a long range fight against someone with the highground he'd need to draw him out and pray for a lucky shot. Thankfully there was plenty of things to hide behind and get a good shot in.

-Loop and coil-

The lighthouse was unmolested and free of enemies in the vacinity, rowboats lined the nearby beaches where the pirates had landed. Apparently they had no idea someone was in their and believed the enemies to be solely in the center of the town. A huge mistake.
One of the boats had a series of cannon fire being launched, but the other was quiet save for a few shadows aboard the deck. An easy target.

-Mquinny- (the hell is your characters name again?)

From behind the Shipwright there was the sound of steel being drawn, numerous times, as a small squad of pirates swarmed up the street at him. Leading the charge was a large man wielding a morningstar in each hand. The heavy hitter of the crew, it would seem.
Last edited by Zelosse on Tue May 31, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Kurz Weber: Sniper Battle

Kurz looked at the hole and began rolling before seeing the man in the crow's nest. To make it more even, he put his rifle on his back and jumped up to catch the roof next to him before climbing up, rolling a little more to make sure he wouldn't fall off. He still wasn't as high as the other sniper but still had a good shot. "Hot Streak!" he yelled, firing the flaming bullet at the man, though he was hiding in the basket, more than likely reloading. He didn't know if it would work but began loading another few shots.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Archrival » Tue May 31, 2011 7:03 pm

Jack Valentine: Unfair odds?

Jack cocked a brow as he turned just in time to see the house he was just in get leveled by canon fire from the Gemlord ship, he didn't really care as long as he wasn't in there, it wasn't his house and there wasn't anything of value in there. Next he adressed the small band of pirates that had seemingly sorrounded him. "Is this the best the Gemlord's can muster? I've fought worse than this in my younger days." Jack said before plaching his mace back into it's original form and holstering it. Now he was empty handed but not unarmed, with a quick flash he created a smoke cloud with one of his roulette balls in front of the group of pirates. In the midst of the confusion he quickly unholstered his rifle and fired half a dozen shots, once the smoke had cleared all the pirates wielding cutlasses were on the floor dead while the group leader was still alive but very much on his own. "Now what'll it be stranger? Spare ya life and let you run back to ya captain or blow ya brains out and take ya head as a trophy? Care to make a bet?" Jack stated stated calmly and coldly with his rifle carefully aimed at the spearman.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Geomancer » Tue May 31, 2011 7:48 pm

*Rooftops*

So great was Kino's rage that he didn't even notice Stitch's transformation, nor his departure. "Hey, that's my first ship! Not a tiny fishing boat, not a merchant vessel! It was a ship! And you... degenerates just cut it in half! Arrrggghhh!" He shook his fist at the enemy vessel before realizing something was coming. "Wazit?" He turned just in time for his face to meet the shield. He flew off the roof, necessitating that his opponent actually go to the edge of the roof and look down to shout at him. "Owww... that wasn't exactly apologetic..." He got up, incredibly underwhelmed by the blow. He squinted at his opponent, then looked at himself. "Oh come on, you've got a sword and I've got my fists. How's that sporting? Tell you what, you throw your sword away and then we can fight. And if I win, you tell me which one of you idiots cut my ship in half!"
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing