Hunter X Hunter RP OOC *Sign ups Open!*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Hunter X Hunter RP OOC *Sign ups Open!*

Postby Geomancer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Hunter X Hunter RP

Monstrous animals, rare species...
Buried riches, hidden treasures...
Worlds of demons, unexplored lands...
The wore "unknown" seems magic...
And some men are attracted by this force...
They are called "Hunters"!

The world is not what most people see. There is a deeper world, some of it steeped in shadow, some of it brilliant with light. The people who explore, and survive, this world are known as hunters. These people are skilled beyond measure and even seem to wield some kind of supernatural force. Each is ready to die for their goal, for death is a constant danger in many hunter's lives. Some enter the world of the hunter for money, others for a specific goal. Some seek to simply explore the endless world that is beyond the reach of most people. However, few people are actually fit to be hunters. Most of them fail to even find the starting line. Many more die, quit, or fail during the brutal test that is taken to become a hunter. The ones that are left are the cream of the crop, the elite. You are one of these elite. You have successfully passed the test and have just received your hunter's license. However, the inkling feeling that the world beyond is still out of your reach filled your minds. Eventually, you found out about the force called 'Nen'. You have been taught the basics but no more. Now is your time to walk on your own two feet.

This is how the RP will work: Each player has their own goal. I'll try to set it up so that you'll interact often but you won't be permanent partners, unless you manage to work something out on your own. Sometimes you may even be enemies. However, while I prefer that my players avoid killing each other, unless both players agree to it. During your time, you'll eventually develop your abilities, maybe under duress.

CS

Name:
Appearance:
Background:
Goal: (Must be important enough to continually risk your life)
Nen Type:
Hatsu Technique:

Format for techniques:

Name:
Type(s):
Effect:
Rules (if any): Rules are a restriction of sorts. It doesn't have to have a punishment. If you don't follow the rule (or rules), your ability simply might not work, such as if you need a specific object to use your abilities. By restricting your abilities, you gain more power.
Punishment for breaking the rules: Punishments can add even more power. Not all hatsu skills have them, however, just as not all of them have rules. The more restrictive the rules and severe the punishments, the more powerful your ability becomes.

Explanation of Nen:
It's... well, this puts it best: http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nen

Learn it, love it. In addition, it has a chart showing the different nen types in a circle. The nen types next to your nen types have 80% effectiveness, the next ones over have 60% effectiveness, and the complete opposite has only 40% effectiveness. Therefore, it's best to stay near your primary affinity.

An example that I think the page should have included was Franklin's hatsu skill. He is a conjurer/materialization (for the record, I prefer the second title) user and creates metal orbs which fire out at very high speeds, capable of shredding normal people easily. Although he did not have to, he cut off the tips of his fingers and connected them to his fingers using chains. He believes that looks more impressive and because of his willingness to do that simply to look more impressive, his hatsu skill became even more powerful.

No more Transformation, please

Examples of Hatsu Abilities from the RP

Reinforcement:

Name: Perfect Balance
Type(s): Reinforcement
Effect: This allows the user to balance on any surface. While doing so, his weight on the surface becomes zero.
Rules (if any): None
Punishment for breaking the rules:

Name: Up the Ante
Type(s): Reinforcement
Effect: As he is dealt damage and deals damage, his nen increases. In addition, the stronger the opponent is, the stronger his nen becomes, though it is not scaled perfectly.
Rules (if any): Must stay within fifty feet of enemy
Punishment for breaking the rules: Complete loss of currently increased nen

Transformation:

Name: Force Wave
Type(s): Transformation
Effect: The nen gains the property of 'pushing'. Touching the aura results in a sudden force pushing the target.
Rules (if any): Must be in addition to a fast, sharp movement (such as a punch)
Punishment for breaking the rules: Fails to activate

Name: Pitch Black
Type(s): Transformation
Effect: Gives the nen the property of 'darkness'. Creates a large globe of darkness.
Rules (if any): Must keep eyes closed
Punishment for breaking the rules: Instantly deactivates and strikes user blind for five minutes

Manipulation:

Name: Ink Painting
Type(s): Manipulation
Effect: Allows ink to be used as bullets or blades by flinging the ink using a certain pattern.
Rules (if any): Must use larger brush
Punishment for breaking the rules: Fails to activate

Name: Wind, Water, and Earth Bender from Avatar
Type(s): Manipulation
Effect: Allows the user to manipulate a certain element but cannot create it
Rules (if any): Must be able to move. Movement depends on bending type.
Punishment for breaking the rules: Cannot be used

Materialization:

Name: Bonne's Greatest Creations
Type(s): Materialization
Effect: Creates a small, sentient robot-like creature with a certain ability. Can create up to 24, each with a different ability.
Rules (if any): May not take any quick actions. Each robot is incredibly weak, except for their ability. They can be commanded but aren't very smart and very childish. The more created, the less time they can remain. One can remain indefinitely, 2 to five last for 10 minutes, 6-15 can stay up to 5 minutes, 16-23 can stay for 1 minute, all 24 can only last 30 seconds.

Name: Nyoi-bo
Effect: Creates a red staff with gold caps on the end. The staff can change its length and width at will. It can even only be winded at one point.

Name: Needlepoint
Effect: Can create small, cactus spines from either normal size to the size of a quarterstaff.
Rules (if any): Only a certain amount of needles are available per day. Larger needles 'cost' more than smaller needles

Emission:

Name: D-Breath
Type(s): Emission
Effect: Creates a blast of energy from either the mouth or hands put together. Blasts from the mouth are in the form of a ball of energy while energy formed from the hands are in the form of a beam.

Name: Gunbound
Type(s): Emission
Effect: Can fire blasts of energy from the guns of varying sides. The shots can ricochet off of other objects.
Rules (if any): Must be fired from two specific guns.
Punishment for breaking the rules: Does not work

Accepted List:
Viviglow- William Cross
Nelo Angelo- Luciferi Della Morte
Draken3000- Darastrix Navnik
LittleGirlDeath- Ekatrina Kacha
Last edited by Geomancer on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 am, edited 7 times in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Re: Hunter X Hunter RP OOC *Sign ups Open!*

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Hmm looks cool, I think i will join in eventually. I have a few questions, but i will get back to on them.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Geomancer » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:37 pm

If you need some help, talk to me over AIM and I'll help you hash something out.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:05 pm

I'll be signing up here soon... nearly done with my character.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Geomancer » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:23 pm

The Hatsu ability you guys create can either be created mid-game or before hand. Either way, you need to notify me of what your choice is.

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Name: William Cross

Weapon of Choice:
Lancelot – A sword inherited through his family line, handed down through the generations and coming to him... it is his best sword purely of its own right by sharpness, toughness and weight... and it holds powers he has yet to unlock...

Colada and Tizona – A pair of swords perfectly matched and balanced for each other that lend themselves very well to two-sword style of fighting.

Appearance: Image
Typically a happy man he doesn’t often get upset and manages to maintain a cool head. He usually wears slightly loose clothing commonly going for more resilient materials as an outer layer of clothing for protection.

Background: William was born as the first and only son of a long line of descendants reaching back all the way to Lancelot of the medieval era, through his life he was raised with a mixture of the olden beliefs of chivalry and honour with the modern world’s ever changing opinions and concerns... he was trained in swordsmanship from an early age and just as his ancestor long before him he developed a distinct skill with swords able to overcome the majority of opponents that came before him...

However due to his commitment to chivalry he would never hurt a woman and hence never really beat girls in a fight, only matching blows rather than dealing any... though this only really mattered for one girl as in the sword school his family ran the majority of those learning were men. It was at the age of twenty one that he received Lancelot from his father... told the tale of Excalibur, a miracle sword forged by bringing all twelve of the swords together to the knight’s tomb contained in a location that was once known to all the descendants of the knights and now is left with only his family.

Goal: To collect the Knights of the Round, a set of 12 legendary swords each with their own special nen ability in them which does not require skill with that style of nen but does require certain conditions to be met, with them all he aims to forge Excalibur.

Nen Type: Transmutation

Hatsu Technique -

Name : Every Sword

Type(s) : Transmutation

Effect : A blue aura surrounds a target he’s touching, this aura usually takes on the size and shape of a normal sword no matter what object it is wrapped around. The aura gives increased sharpness to the covered object hence able to make a stick into a sword, etc.

Rules (if any): The object must be straight and solid with the closer it being to being an actual sword the greater the sharpness gained. The ability can never be used again women.

Punishment for breaking rules: If he uses it against a woman he will suffer the harm of his actions.

--------------------

Well here's what i've got, tell me if there's anything I need to add or alter.
Last edited by ViviGlow on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Name: Luciferi Della Morte

Weapon of Choice:

Bloody Rose: a Kilij (http://deadliestwarrior.wikia.com/wiki/Kilij) stained red in the blood of it’s enemies. Passed down the Della Morte line from generation to generation, the blade is said to only be able to be wielded by one with the blood of the Della Morte’s running through their veins, as well as their unique nen signature, which it’s wielder is able to infuse into the blade, creating devastating nen attacks.

Appearance:

Pretty much this, except no gloves, the tail coat is open, and the tails slightly shorter. His hair has white tips instead of full black.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/3 ... _IANLY.jpg

He also has this tattoo on his back.

Background: The Delle Morte family was once one of the most feared and respected family of hunters, taking the most dangerous and challenging jobs. However, that changed one day, the day Luciferi was born. The current generation of the time had all but vanished, being killed left and right, usually assassinated while they slept. Only Jullian, a woman married into the Delle Morte family, remained, and her unborn child. Jullian went into labour, and after delivering a healthy boy, she died mysteriously, leaving Luciferi to be raised by the Luciferi family’s servants. Luciferi lived life as a normal child, protected by his servants from the reality of his family’s past, and their untimely demises. However, one day Luciferi came across a hidden room in the mansion. Inside the room was a silver chest, and within the chest was Bloody Rose. As soon as Luciferi touched the blade, the knowledge of his family’s past came rushing into his mind. Luciferi exited the room a different person then when he entered. His goal: He would avenge the mysterious murders of his family, and rebuild it. He would become…a hunter.

Goal: Avenge his family, and return the Delle Morte family to it’s former glory.

Nen Type: Reinforcement

Hatsu Technique:
Name: Cloak of the Chaos Blade

Type(s): Emission and Transformation

Effect: All of Luciferi’s nen is forced into bloody rose, turning the blade completely black, as well as a dark aura surrounding it, and the arm Luciferi is wielding the sword in. The aura around Bloody Rose gives Luciferi many possibilities. He is able to extent Bloody Rose’s reach through the aura, or unleash shock waves of the aura. The Aura can create a shield, and, when enough nen is forced into it, can create beasts of dark aura that are controlled through the blade.

Rules (if any): A constant supply of nen must be pumped into Bloody Rose to create the aura, the centre of the attacks. The more complicated the attacks, the more nen must be spent.

Shadow Reach: The Aura around Bloody Rose becomes an extension of the blade itself, giving Luciferi an advantage in battle. This technique requires only a minimal amount of nen to be pumped into Bloody Rose.

Chaos Shock: When Luciferi wings Bloody Rose, the aura surrounding the blade can be separated from the blade, and sent flying towards the opponent, creating a damaging shockwave. This technique uses more nen, to replenish the used the aura.

Shield of Darkness: This is a defensive move. Luciferi plunges Bloody Rose into the ground, and manipulates the aura to create a shield to protect him from most attacks. This move takes a medium amount of nen to use. The aura that takes the hit for Luciferi cannot be reused, and more nen must be spent to replenish.

Children of Chaos: Luciferi’s most devastating attack. The aura around Bloody Rose takes the form of demonic monsters that are control through the movement of the sword. This attack takes an extremely high amount of nen to use, and if used consecutively, can result in complete depletion of Luciferi’s nen.

Punishment for breaking rules: If Luciferi Uses this technique too much, the aura that surrounds Bloody Rose becomes corrosive, slowly eating away at the blade itself, as well as the portion of Luciferi's arm it surrounds.
Last edited by Nelo Angelo on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Geomancer » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Coolio.

@Nelo: Accepted

GMancer

Postby Belwicket » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:40 am

i may or may not join but keep a space open for me and i'll try to study it more so i really understand the 'verse
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Geomancer » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:04 pm

Keeping a space open won't be a problem. The RP doesn't seem exactly popular.

GMancer

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Sorry i haven't gotten around to CS yet, I do still intend to join. Just haven't been hit by inspiration yet.

Postby Geomancer » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:06 pm

No problem. Newbies are welcome. Just expect quite a bit of criticism. And two of my biggest pet peeves is spelling and grammar. Make sure to run it through Word or something similar (there are programs online such as http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/).

GMancer

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:25 pm

No problem, I am generally pretty good about grammar and with criticism. As long as its positive :mrgreen:

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:43 pm

So can we use guns and such?

Also, lol at the darkness of Nelo's character. Lucifer of Death? haha
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Geomancer » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Yes, guns are allowed. In the HXH universe, they seem to even have automatics.

GMancer

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Ah, all right. Just making sure because so far people only have melee weapons.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Nelo Angelo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:36 pm

lol, so you got that, eh Tuor?

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Name: Darastrix Navnik
Weapon of Choice: His Hatsu
Appearance: Darastrix stands at 5'10 with short dark hair with bangs that come down and red eyes. He has a lean build that belies surprising strength. He wears long black clothing that is made of cloth, with scales all along the torso and down the arms and legs to elbow and knee level. He wears no shoes. Burn scars on limbs and torso. He carries no weapons. This is basically what his face looks like, just give him red eyes. When he enters berserk mode, his eyes look like this

Background: Darastrix was born into a clan of dragon worshiping fanatics. The child of their prophecy, the one born with red eyes, he would bring about the resurrection of the Great Dragon, said to have been slain by King Arthur himself (my attempt to tie characters together, i hope you dont mind Viviglow.). Shortly after his birth, all of the clan's shaman gathered to infuse him with the soul of a dragon. While this did not happen in a literal way, their Nen altered his in a strange way. It created almost another personality within him, one that the Shaman molded to match that of what they believed to be a dragon's. They then burned him, repeatedly, to make his Nen know flame, and continued to burn him on a regular basis.

As Darastrix aged, he discovered that, with practice, he could form a protective cloak of Nen around himself. With further practice, he could extend the cloak to attack, the cloak being much stronger than he. On his 18th birthday, the cloak formed into the shape of a dragon. The shaman recognized this sign, and told Darastrix what they had planned for him. His body was to be used to resurrect the Great Dragon, using its crystallized heart. Darastrix was outraged and flew into a fury. It took the combined efforts of all the cults strongest warriors, and the shaman themselves, to subdue him. He escaped, barely, and fled. He left the cult in disarray, however, and the shaman fled. He now hunts them to exact his revenge.

Even though they were cultists, they were not savage or uneducated. Darastrix can speak English (or whatever language is spoken in the IC) quite fluently. He is gruff, but kind, and if you manage to befriend him, you will have a friend and protector for life. Likewise, if you cross him he will never forget it and will kill you the first chance he gets.

Goal: Exact revenge on the cult that raised him, and to retrieve and destroy the Great Dragon's heart.

Nen Type: Transformation (Transmutation?)

Hatsu Technique:
Name: Dragon Cloak
Type: Transformation (Physical and fire attributes) Emission for fire
Effect: Surrounds body with a dragon-shaped, solid aura. Can also use fire breath attack.
Rules: Time limit
Punishment: Berserk mode
Last edited by Draken30000 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Okay, first off, you shouldn't have revealed your hatsu ability yet but, oh well.

Next, the hatsu format should be (and I'll put this up in the first post)

Name:
Type(s):
Effect:
Rules (if any):
Punishment for breaking rules:

More appearance and scars should show up on your body from the burning
Break up your background into paragraphs

Your format (example):

Name: Dragon Cloak
Type: Transformation (Physical and fire attributes) Emission for fire
Effect: Surrounds body with a dragon-shaped, solid aura. Can also use fire breath attack.
Rules: Time limit
Punishment: Berserk mode

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Oh noes, its an eviiiill dragon... or ya knows... they could become friends, no particular reason to be hatin on each otha.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Also, now that I look at it, your goal is way too similar to Vivi's.

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Wouldn't he technically be looking for all the swords as well?

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Alright, so should i edit in the Hatsu? Also, I was trying to think of a way for their paths to overlap. Perhaps have the scales hidden near, but separately from the swords. Or maybe even have the swords have a map that leads to the scales. I'm just trying to make things easier for ya Geo lol.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:14 pm

You don't need to. I like a challenge.

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Go for somethin completely different and let him think up intriguing ways to cross our paths... he likes it that way.

Next

Return to Role Playing