Gallifrey: Time Academy (OOC) STILL OPEN | Still Alive!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Gallifrey: Time Academy (OOC) STILL OPEN | Still Alive!

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:49 am

Wonder how long it'll take for his brain to reformat... I'll just give it one minute, in-game. Then he'll probably just pluck the cat out of the tree.To hug it and pet it and squeeze it and love it and hold it and give it loooots of attention......

Doc: This brings no end of amusement for his wife and daughter. They keep a hologram of a kitten around just to get a laugh sometimes. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:04 am

And name it George? Someone else should probably get the cat before Lennie does.

Anyway, good lead away there. One moment I'm thinking "Oh and now we're going to see him showing off Shiro's powers" and then "...okay, didn't see that coming."

Anyway, I think I'll just have Shikin be a total cadd and walk into class wearing one of their skulls over his face and a dark robe over his normal clothes.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:14 am

That innocence is one of the reasons I love playing Shiro. I just can't help but go "D'awwww" at him sometimes.
Demon of Elru

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:01 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Anyway, I think I'll just have Shikin be a total cadd and walk into class wearing one of their skulls over his face and a dark robe over his normal clothes.
If he does, the tutors will not be amused. And he'll probably earn himself a trip to Cardinal Braxiatel's office, if he's lucky.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:05 pm

So there are still memories of that house to be found then.

Maybe just the skull then.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:25 pm

What's the most I can do with starting a party in class?
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:41 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:So there are still memories of that house to be found then.

Maybe just the skull then.
Amongst the older Time Lords, yes. They'd get the reference.
sam4books wrote:What's the most I can do with starting a party in class?
How do you mean?
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Yikes, I'd rather piss off everyone then just the old ones, harder to have him just...disappear.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Whenever the tutors leave, bring out balloons and stuff.

The usual mischief :3
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:05 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Yikes, I'd rather piss off everyone then just the old ones, harder to have him just...disappear.
>;)
sam4books wrote:Whenever the tutors leave, bring out balloons and stuff.

The usual mischief :3
Oh hellz yeah. Certainly.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 am

I just discovered this and it's annoying me. Shouldn't a nano-span be 0.2 seconds?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:23 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:One moment I'm thinking "Oh and now we're going to see him showing off Shiro's powers"

Should know that I am now very tempted towards this while Shikin is in the tree. >3
Demon of Elru

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:26 am

I suspected that the moment I wrote that Shikin shook leaves down on him.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 am

Oh, I doubt they'll touch him... If I do post what I'm thinking of.
Demon of Elru

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:39 am

Go ahead, it'll be fun.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 am

One tree, coming down!
Demon of Elru

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:48 am

See, I considered that but I thought I'd go for the gentle, subtle and above all, normal approach.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:53 am

Ro Wong wrote:One tree, coming down!

Aw geez, curse my lack of time lately. Now I have to respond. Just walked over and blew that poor tree to smithereens... Now just to figure out how in the heck to go about this.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:09 pm

That was my second reason, although Shiro probably hasn't blown one of his chances with her by creating what is apparently an abomination existing in a living hell with blood magic so he should be fine.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Strangely enough even I'm not entirely sure which action was more severe. Sure Shikin may have done that to the poor flower, but the bush from whence it came is still alive, healthy, and untainted as far as she knows. The flower is just a part of a whole, a bit of consciousness stripped from the whole and altered with seemingly magics. That kind of mutes the offense a bit. Shiro on the other hand has straight up murdered a living being for no real determinable reason other than for teh kitteh. It wasn't for food, or tools, or building material or any such thing like that. It was pure childlike reckless abandon. What his offense really hinges on is what the value of a single tree like that is to Tos-Strue and her species as a while. Is it really that much of loss when some grass is eaten bare, or trampled, or swept away or something? What about when the same happens to a tree or even a grove of trees. Is a single tree worth more than grass because it is a more complicated thing? Heck, that tree's role in the ecosystem at large could also be factored in depending on if the system is in balance or not, thriving or decaying. Of course even that depends on if it was free growing or planted there like those in the oh so nice sculpted parks that are about. This is what I get for playing a plant. I have to analyze the moral and ecological ramifications of the death a single tree to a race of plant people, just get a scope on what my character's reaction is going to be.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Wouldn't it be sort of the same way humans view animals? Grass would equal flys, bushes equal dogs and trees equal humans, something like that.

And...was it the sheer fact of what Shikin did to the plant that was wrong, not the value of life tainted then? And is it like the flower was a seperate consciousness that when joined with the bush was just part of a greater whole?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:11 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Wouldn't it be sort of the same way humans view animals? Grass would equal flys, bushes equal dogs and trees equal humans, something like that.

Not sure yes, still mulling it over. I do like that analog though.

MQuinny1234 wrote:And...was it the sheer fact of what Shikin did to the plant that was wrong, not the value of life tainted then? And is it like the flower was a seperate consciousness that when joined with the bush was just part of a greater whole?
Yes pretty much. It's become a mutant abomination in essence. That's not to say it is without worth but the actions Shikin took are certainly at fault.

The flower itself is part of a greater whole. I'm playing a bit of a distributed consciousness as far as lower order plants are concerned. In losing a leaf or a flower or a branch or something, a plant loses it bit of itself. The fallen parts aren't so much dead until they finally wither and wilt. They each will have a bit of 'consciousness' if you will to them, small of course, but there. Shikin's flower probably a but more since it got fraked with but I digress.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Okay, last thing, in his defense, he had no idea, like none, he thought he was helping the thing. The highest thing he can connect even remotely psychicly too without bursting through a few mental damns would be about human level, he burnt as many psychic bridges as he could as the paranoia grew.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:57 am

I can tell Shiro is probably going to be one of those people who unintentionally pisses everyone off.
MQuinny1234 wrote:I just discovered this and it's annoying me. Shouldn't a nano-span be 0.2 seconds?
*Shrug* I just copied the conversion chart I found.
Time Lady

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:08 am

If it helps, he'll be only happy to go out of his way to make it up to folks when he does. XD
Demon of Elru

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing