Wushu: After the End [OOC] This is the True End

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 am

Theme: Optimist
Jumping: Earth

Name: Tacey
Concept: The silent pacifist, that can teleport!
Gender: Female
Age: 17

Appearance: WIP. Will probably draw something.
But the image in my head, pictures her with dark red hair, bordering on black. It's kept sort to minimize the amount of mass (more on that later). She has a short stature, which makes her quite fast in an urban environment. She has a slender build, but is quite curvy and well developed.

As for clothing, her regular clothing consists of a simple white tank top with a dark green vest over it. Stitched up denim jeans are what she wears for pants, often having many holes and patchwork on them thanks to her rather active running and jumping through the underground.

Image

For "work clothing" she has a skin tight suit. This was made to minimize the amount of mass she was carrying, but not have her run around naked. She hates this thing, and always feels embarrassed wearing it. But in matters where one extra jump could mean the difference between life and death, she'd take the suit over regular clothing. And it provides quite the distraction if she ever was caught.

Trait 5: Pacifist
Tacey is a non-fighter. She loathes killers, and would never resort to killing another human being. Given her surge ability, it's hard to catch her, so fighting is hardly ever necessary. However, if she finds herself cornered because she exhausted her jumps, she would fight to knock out instead of killing even in the most dire situations.
If she ever sees someone kill another person, that person would fall in huge disposition. Killing is not something you can justify.

Trait 4: Displacement
Tacey has the ability to teleport herself 4 meters (around 13 feet) in the direction she is heading (i.e if she's falling, she'll teleport downwards.). This can go through solid objects like crates and furniture but she'll mostly use it for walls, floors and ceilings.
The amount of "jumps" she can make depends on the amount of mass she has to transfer. When she's on a assignment, she usually wears a skin tight suit. It's a very skimpy suit, making sure she's carrying around the least amount of mass. She absolutely hates wearing it, but it beats exhausting herself from carrying too much mass or going naked.
With the suit she can jump up to 5 times in a row, whereas if she were regularly clothed she could pull maybe 2, a maximum of 3. She has never tried to jump with another human.

Her ritual involves her clearing her mind completely. No thoughts whatsoever. Which is harder than you might think. Tacey has learned to do this in three ways.
Her first, and most effective method, is meditation. She merely focuses on her breathing to enter a trance like state. It took her a while to learn this technique.
The second, and her favorite method, this through music. Tacey loves classical music, or more precise modern classic. She just floats away during those songs, often even dancing. It's a more difficult method, because she'd awfully conscious about herself and will snap out of her state in embarrassment if someone were to catch her.
And there is a third method, but she prefers not to think about this one. And it's one she doesn't actively engage in. Lets leave it at that.

Trait 3: Tumbler
Tacey has lived her entire live on the streets, which isn't easy for a mute person. Especially the years before she met Erroll were daunting. Try finding work as a kid when you cant talk, or beg when you can make no sound. So she had to learn other ways of making due, this often involved stealing. This made her fast, agile and flexible, being able to navigate through the underground at blinding speed. No wall seems high enough to stop her.

Trait 1: A shade of green
Tacey was rescued by Erroll when she was only a young girl of 14, probably on the verge of dying. He took care of her, nourished her back to strength and even showed compassion for the mute girl. That was all about 3 years ago. She has grown to see him as a brother, a father, a friend and perhaps even a lover. Ever since, she has not left Erroll' side and is quite possessive of the man. Especially when he interacts with other woman. She will then often invade in their conversation and cling to Erroll, while giving the other woman cold stares. Which is probably why she doesn't really have any friends, or female friends rather.

Extra Trait: 1, silence is golden
Tacey was born a mute, unable to make any sound. This was probably the reason why her parents had abandoned her at such an early age. Life is hard in the underground, but harder when you have a handicap. She was bitter back then, before Erroll. Being in the underground and all, she has never learned anything like lip reading or sign language. Not that there were many people in the underground that understood sign language.

Chi: 3/3

Personality: Happy, quirky and inquisitive. Tacey is generally a fun person to be around with, if you can figure out what it is she means. But also very self aware and conscious about herself, especially when she's wearing that suit.
She's always scared of somehow embarrassing Erroll, just by being herself. So in the beginnings she usually just keeps quiet and hides behind Erroll. This makes it hard for people to really get to know her.

During assignments she tends to be somewhat of a coward, especially when it concerns confrontations. Not in the least because of that suit she has to wear to conserve energy, but also because she's actually afraid of hurting people. She'd still fight if she's ever cornered, but never to her full potential.

Background: There's a lot of her past that Tacey just wants to forget. Or more specifically, everything before she met Erroll. But alas, the human mind is not a hard disk you can just delete files from, as Erroll would tell her.
She has absolutely no recollection of her parents. Not that she wants to, they abandoned her when she was a kid, so screw them! Life was so horrifyingly tough when she was a kid, she couldn't find a job anywhere thanks to her disability. And begging also wasn't brining in much. Every day was a fight for survival. A fight she was slowly losing.
By the age of 14, after spending numerous years on the streets, she already knew how to navigate around without being noticed. But her body was slowly starting to tear itself down, she didn't have the energy anymore to fight it. It was around this time that her surge ability started to manifest, a teleporting ability, most likely formed from her desire to leave this wretched place.
Figuring she might as well die with a bang, she started to jump around the city like crazy. Until the jumping had exhausted her so much, she collapsed in someones living room. Luckily for her, this particular living room was owned by Erroll.
He took her in, nourished her back to health and actually took care of her. The gratitude she felt towards this stranger was something she couldn't have worded, even if she could speak. From that moment, the silent, bitter girl grew into a more quirky woman, enjoying life at it's fullest again.
Thanks to the newly gained confidence she managed, with the help of Erroll of course, to land a courier job with an organization called Leaf. It has ideals very similar to the ones Blue Sky used to have, wanting to recolonize the earth again. Leaf however takes a more peaceful approach, never really engaging in confrontations with Cytek or any of the other rebel groups. It's still a small organization, consisting out maybe 20 people and so far it's mostly a delivery service for the other rebel groups. The way it usually goes, is that Tacey can go to the HQ and receive a assignment, telling her were a package needs to be delivered. It's a fast paced business, with many other similar organizations on the prowl to take down the runners. Given her surge ability, she is among the best of the runners Leaf has, so far achieving a perfect delivery ratio. She never knows whats in the packages though, and prefers to keep it that way. It makes her job a bit easier.
Last edited by Asmodai on Mon May 16, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image
Mephobiac
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14659
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: Cruising in my Atlas
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 10:05 am

Huh. Interesting. A pacifist AND a mute. You're sure not making things easy for yourself. I'm not talking about your character, I'm talking about RL you, specifically. You're going to have to conduct all your communication in body language or through a proxy and you're gonna have to fill out combat details in non-obvious ways (obvious being dead-on violence, of course).

Both are doable, however, so I'm cool with it, as long as you realize this is not gonna be an especially easy character to play. Both traits are very interesting, and certainly appropriate as traits, though it's "interesting" as in, "boy, this is gonna make our lives interesting" :P.

I'm missing a piece of the puzzle, though. You mention "missions"; Who is she working for? What does these missions consist of? Blue Sky is hardly above fairly callous murder, so I wouldn't assume she throw in with them.

I'm gonna reserve ultimate judgement until the sheet of this Erroll, Iris, I assume, lands, but other than the comments above, it's looking good.

BTW, is that parkour I'm smelling? I luuuv parkour in RPs, delicious, delicious Detail fodder.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 14, 2011 10:21 am

I know, I think I just created the most difficult character to RP as :P
Hmm oh yeah I added missions in there, but I kinda decided to remove that later on... but forgot to edit that. I'd love to have her work as a messenger of courier of some sort, but who'd hire a mute and renegade surger? And she wouldn't leave Erroll alone. So I'll edit that later on

And yes, thats parkour. I've been playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Brink. And I still absolutely love Mirror's Edge. Parkour is beautiful, and it works so well with her surge.
Image
Mephobiac
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14659
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: Cruising in my Atlas
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 10:50 am

Asmodai wrote:I'd love to have her work as a messenger of courier of some sort, but who'd hire a mute and renegade surger?

Who, indeed? You tell me. Really, tell me. Come up with something, don't think too much about whether it makes sense broadly. It's a big city, weird shit happens.

The reason I mentioned Blue Sky is because they'd hire her. But she probably wouldn't let them. Perhaps a similar, but more principled, rebel group?

To begin with, I assumed it was Erroll that had got her a job, and that she worked through him. Perhaps that could be a lead.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 14, 2011 2:14 pm

There we go, added a small group called Leaf. Mostly courier work, but could also do other things behind the scenes that Tacey isn't aware of. She's just a courier after all.
Image
Mephobiac
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14659
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: Cruising in my Atlas
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 3:05 pm

BTW, here's a couple of pictures of vanguards from Ar Tonelico. That's where the Guardian/Surger concept comes from, so that's what we're talking about when it comes to guardians. Perhaps not the exact same aesthetics, but half-armors, cybernetics and big weapons.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Iris » Sat May 14, 2011 4:13 pm

The history may need a bit of 'cleaning' but overall I'm happy with it. Give me a shout if you want me to alter anything Vegedus.


Name: Erroll Vanders

Concept:The Sarcastic Hacker. Home is where the heart lies.

Gender: Male
Age:20

Appearance: Erroll is of the average male height, barely making the 5”11 marker with a slight muscular tone, his short, messy black hair and brown eyes further aid him in blending into the crowd. For this Erroll is thankful, it’s the only thing he’ll thank his parents for.
His features are marred however by the bags under his eyes which has been caused by his constant tinkering and his worry. To hide this flaw, Erroll occasionally uses sunglasses as he walks through the busy and crowded streets.

Erroll’s clothing is rather torn up and reflects his social status. It consists of dirtied jeans or the oddly patched up trousers, a somewhat greased up shirt, a grey hooded sweat shirt and some worn out sneakers. Even his equipment appears to be ‘hand-me-downs’, his Neural-interface module attached to his spine are outdated, his wrist mounted 'N.I.R-modulator' is somewhat damaged, his knockoff digital wrist watch and his large headset that he wears around his neck probably should be replaced.
To power all this technology are four cylindrical Bioelectrical-batteries. These batteries are charged up through the user's daily intake as well as taking up unused energy or 'waste' energy found in the body.

The Neural-interface module is what allows him access to networks, broadcasts and other forms of media, it appears to be a set of three small triangular studs along his spine.
The N.I.R or the Neural Interface for Repairs is his tool kit for when on the job. The name earned the irony award upon it's creation. It was also suspected the man in charge of the naming department was drunk and subsequently fired. Regardless the N.I.R stores a variety of micro-tools as well as data banks that hold common repair programs.



Trait 5: Cynical but caring.
Erroll is a fairly cynical man and his remarks tend to use sarcasm. Caused by a sense of paranoia, distrust of the authorities as well as his parents, have left him with minor trust issues. While his actions can be kind or helpful, Erroll’s comments are anything but.

He despises the Cytek government but the rebel factions have yet to earn his trust due to the fact he has to look out for Tacey, if they were caught then she’d likely be thrown into the military or worse. While the rebel’s intentions may aim to improve the lives of those that dwell inside Athana, the risks are great and Erroll must carefully consider them for both himself and Tacey.

When he fights for Tacey, Erroll's cynicism comes into play often talking as he delivers a beatdown. From pointing out the inconsistencies of a person's job, to sarcastic congratulations for sharing what he had for lunch, Erroll will gladly point out these facts. Such is his bravado that he himself has stated that in the event of his death, someone should clearly tell him he has died, just so that Erroll's spirit could backhand the observer. Course this is merely a theory.


Trait 4: Subterfuge and decoys.
Some hackers can turn the city into their personal play ground, others can turn weapons against their masters, some use dozens of high tech gadgets to see them through the day. Erroll believes that those are the ones who’ll get caught in a moment of carelessness. Knowing that the chances of getting caught is constantly rising he began specializing in creating decoys and subterfuge. While his equipment appears to be damaged nigh on useless, they are only small fragments of a greater puzzle.

His very clothing is part of a intricate virtual suit that he utilizes to hack systems to gather information or simply to observe actions. His sunglasses are in fact augment reality for the wearer, they allow him to create a virtual keyboard that only he can see. This keyboard’s positioning is determined by the wrist watch which allows Erroll to hack without raising too much suspicion due to the fact it appears as if he’s merely fidgeting. The Neural-Interface module, N.I.R modulator and even the headset have been altered so that once they are in close proximity of one another he’s able to hack rather efficiently.
For instance he can use the N.I.R to cycle through which program he wishes to use to hack a certain mainframe, use the Neural-Interface’s networking connection to remain online and prepared to alter a system’s memory and so on. While the headphones appear to more for aesthetics the fact is that Erroll has in fact added a variety of micro-technology into the ear pieces to allow him house his programs. In the event he's discovered the 'chips' can erase the programs and giving the headset the appearance of a wireless inbuilt music player.

His specialty is creating diversions through the combined use of misinformation and the city’s holographic projectors to create ‘threats’, sending the police to chase ghosts and shadows without endangering the lives of others. Much like Tacey, Erroll disapproves of senseless violence and does his best to avoid involving those whom he perceives as innocent.
Because of his job as a general repair man, Erroll is able to ‘fix’ objects, replace or help install new equipment, all the while he secretly alters small fractions of files, adding in his own temporary files so that he can easily backdoor into the less secure networks.

However should he fight, Erroll uses the city's holographic projectors to aid in his fighting styles by having them overlap him and create decoy attacks often making it appear as if he's split into multiple beings during a single strike. Another technique he uses is creating multiple holographic images and uses them as decoys until the moment is right to strike.


Trait 3: Tinkerer by nature.
Erroll has always had a knack with his hands, from fixing automatic doors to more complex machinery, the young man has shown in his studies that he is attentive and willing to learn something new.
Yet he cannot keep his hands still, when a piece of hardware is newly introduced to him, Erroll eagerly pulls it apart to learn how it operates, taking his time to bit by bit gain an understanding. Although his current social position is rather low, his skill as a ‘handyman’ have given him an on and off again job at the local repair facility. When one of their workers is unable (or unwilling) to fix a broken screen or speaker in the slums, it’s normally Erroll who gets the grimy task.

However few know that he is also competent with coding, Erroll goes out of his way to display ‘amateurish’ understanding of how coding works. In fact it’s known to his ‘employer’ that he doesn’t even have a computer in his single room home.
Once again because of his trust issues. Erroll isn’t fond of displaying his hacking ability openly with others, in fact he uses an alias that is completely fictional when he hacks. Complete with holographic image and name; Harvard Cold. A businessman-like appearance with short blond hair, deep green eyes and a pale complexion.

Trait 1: Never ending thought-cycle.
Everybody has thoughts, even if to others they are incomprehensible, it's only natural after all to reflect on one's past or future. Erroll is normal in this regards save for one fact, he can't stop thinking. In fact most times he is over-thinking, while it aids in his preparations before a mission or a job the fact his mind constantly wanders at times may cause him to lose focus on the present.

To elaborate; when you're every day slob thinks about his day, he may eventually wonder what tomorrow will bring. Erroll's thoughts run a gauntlet inside his brain, chaos runs rampant as his paranoia takes into consideration of who might be trying to find him or Tacey, perhaps an over-zealous rebel faction believes they are the key to the city's freedom, maybe a Cytek rogue assassin has discovered it was Erroll who altered his orders and is now out for his head. It's conceivable that his boss is fed up with the fact Erroll does a better job than most of his full-timers, thus giving him a promotion, creating dissatisfaction between those who've worked in the business far longer than him.

Even in his sleep these thoughts go through his mind, in the early hours of the day he wonders if he's still dreaming after all with the state of the city he might as well be. Waking up with a kind thought jealous companion... how can this not be a dream? When did he earn such companionship?


Extra Trait: Trait 4, Preparation is key
Remaining calm in the field even under pressure if a trait Erroll values, those who show this earn a couple points in his books. Remaining flexible is even more impressive.
Because the situation can change in an instant Erroll keeps multiple ideas in his head just in case something goes wrong, always hoping for the best but is prepared for the worst... he hopes.


Chi: 3/3


Personality:
Erroll’s main problem is the fact he doesn’t give people his trust easily, the fact Cytek constantly observes Athana’s populace has made him hesitant to do so fearing that should they be discovered, they would take Tacey away. He’s also obviously known for his cynical personality, preferring to banter with those around him more for the intellectual humor than simplistic praising. Yet for all of his words and dysfunctionalities, Erroll remains a caring person to those whom he trusts.

Due to Tacey’s inability to speak or use proper sign language, Erroll normally translates her gestures and looks to those speaking to her, often adding his own quips as well.
As a hacker Erroll prefers to remain flexible and informed, on the occasion where he’s had to hack into a system for whatever reason, he tries to leave a small ‘door’ floating about so that he can access it at a later stage. Naturally he attempts to keep it as minimum as possible and only does it on less than secure items.

Background:
Originally he was born to a middle class family, owners of a small but well of retailing business, his parents would often take advantage of the scarcity of certain goods gladly taking behind the counter deals or increasing the price make profit. The elder of two sons, Erroll showed at an early age his intelligence and tendency to ‘fiddle’ with broken appliances. He also showed great interest in more advanced technology. From computers to the holographic images on the streets that advertised. As years rolled his studies kept him occupied and at first he showed much promise but his time studying slowly began to alter his perceptions, the city of Athana was in a state of stagnation and there was virtually no space for growth in the future. Society would inevitably grow more and more desperate, the underground was proof enough. The more he thought about it the more he became aware that his actions in the end would be fruitless... Frustration built within him, frustrated at his own reflective nature, frustrated with his parent’s way of business, frustrated at the fact in the end his actions past, present and future would have little impact.

Perhaps he was too smart for his own good, perhaps he thought too much into such events... for a teenager whose motivation once lay in curiosity turned to disappointment and a sense of hopelessness. His desires to learn vanished and with that gone, Erroll left the school at the age of 16, to those around him it appeared to be another ‘drop out’ case. Unwilling to study or work for his parents Erroll was able to secure a rather shaky deal with a small private repair business, allowing him to work on the occasion earning him a small income where he could live off. It didn’t take him long before he choose to leave home, much to his annoyance his parent’s influence got him a small apartment room which simply consisted of a small kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom.

During the day he worked on repair small electronics, while during the nights he began to expand on his skills hacking mostly for his amusement, he kept his actions small, interrupting small advertisements, maybe alter some messages here and there. Just small stuff at first, of course what begins small slowly grows, while he did not hate the Cytek government he felt no obligation to them either considering their laws. He began to experiment with other bits of technology he came across, already having figured out that doing anything too suspicious would put him in hot water, so he patiently waited, taking the time to familiarize himself with what was given to him. Bit by bit his knowledge grew and his hacking grew bolder, he began to take a sense of enjoyment of his actions. If the world was going to crumble why not have a bit of fun before you snuff it?
Yet after a year and a half something interrupted his daily routine, while working on repairing a damaged cleaning-bot a rather emaciated girl suddenly ‘popped’ into his life. She didn’t barge in through the door, she wasn’t from work, she just ‘poofed’ into his bedroom and then crashed into the opposite wall. At the time, Erroll simply shrugged it off as him suffering a hallucination after all he hadn’t slept in two or three days now, besides he had seen stranger things during these episodes... course after thirty minutes he decided to ‘confront’ the illusion and to his shock he realized that this was in fact real... His neighbours thought his shouts were a sign of frustration or a difficult task so they didn’t assume anything though they did request that he keep his curses to a minimum.

It took him a couple minutes to calm and compose himself, it’s not every day that a surger just jumps through a wall and into your life, let along one that was utterly exhausted, filthy, dressed in rags and rather emaciated. It took him even longer for him to get the girl to eat something, it annoyed him to learn that she was a mute and it appeared she did not have any way of communicating with him. Part of him wondered if he should just report her to the authorities and get her out of his hair. She was clearly a surger after all and by law she was to be registered. Yet his conscience told him otherwise, the girl was too weak and most of all too frightened.
The first few nights were rather uncomfortable and awkward considering there was one bed and since she was injured, Erroll sarcastically offered that she sleep in his bed, course her being a mute meant there was no witty response... not one that he could understand anyway.

Three years passed and the two have forged a strong bond with one another. It started with him giving the young surger her name; Tacey. From there on their understanding grew, Erroll began to understand how she communicates, what the gestures meant and what kind of personality she had behind her shy nature.
When ‘Tay’ found a place in the rebel movement known as ‘Leaf’ Erroll was hesitant but in the end relented, while he knows the risks involved he’d rather take them on with Tay rather than let her go on her own, not until she’s ready.

Although he's still cynical, Erroll has silently admitted he might have found his motivation to keep trying to find a way to improve the future now.

Themes: As he hacks; Mind Heist- Inception
His daily life; Holiday- Green Day
Last edited by Iris on Tue May 17, 2011 1:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
Status: Lurker
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Beyond the stars.
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Name: Marx Peterson
Concept: Robocop meets Transformers (Head Masters) meets Mazinger Z
Gender: Male
Age: 35

Appearance:

In his new body, Marx Peterson has a height of 6 feet. His head is octagonal shape with two antennas sticking where the ears are. His eyes are a complete blue visor, with an actual mouth and nose. They also seemed to have attached on a black mustache and a pointy beard on his chin. The hands and forearms, are huge and oval shaped with long and thin fingers. The legs are long and pointed like scythes .


The Big Body, is a hover tank with thrusters on the bottom, sides, and the very back of the tank. It has three huge cannons with two automatic gun turrets on the sides of the tank. Where, Marx Peterson sits is within a pod in between the two rotating double cannons, from here, he can control the cannons, and program the turrets on the tank. The pod, also is able to eject Marx straight into the air for him to transform into his huge robotic form, that stands 15 meters tall. When in giant robot mode, two cannons rest on the back until it needs to be used, then it will rest on the shoulders, while the third cannon is housed in the chest cavity. The face is similar to Marx Peterson's face.

The

Trait 5:

~It wasn't his choice~

They removed the spine cord, brain, digestive system of a mortally wounded Marx Peterson and transferred into a mechanical body. All done without his consent as he was simply the best candidate for conversion due to his service, and psychological and medical records. Now he's treated more as a product than as a person.

Trait 4:

~Guardian Prime Unit 01~

-Main Body- Head Master

The main body is where Marx's organic material is housed in. The armor shell was made tough enough to handle huge explosion and penetrate buildings. It had to be tough for not only did have Marx's organs, but various chemicals weapons and gear. The right hand is able to retract into a sprayer that sprays a gas that alters any material's crystalline structure, to make them as brittle as glass while the entire right arm transforms, becomes a flame thrower. The left hand retracts into a launcher that fires quick drying clement, that allows him to capture enemies alive while the entire left arm transforms into dual chainsaws. Inside the right and left side of his thighs are two double barrel plasma handgun. Also his entire body can transform into a giant head that attaches to the BB, his ride.

-Big Body-

Big Body, BB for short is Marx's ground transport and the second body. Once the main body transforms into a giant head, the BB vehicle transformers into a headless giant robot. Both are able to combine into a giant machine, that wields a pole ax with an energy blade and a ray-gun, that is the size of a rifle, that melts things. On the shoulder's and in the chest, are cannons that fire missiles and explosive shells. While on the forearms of the giant is turret guns.

Trait 3:

~Training from Hell~

Marx, before he became a cybernetic monster, he was a solider. He was trained to be best of the best. To think outside the box, and be creative in a combat situation, the proper way of handling and maintain of weapons, and to survive virtually anywhere, using limited supplies. Psychologically taught to keep calm and be level headed in a crisis. So that when in Experiential mode *(Bullet Time), he could overcome his natural instincts and use his training .

Trait 1:

~ Reprogrammed ~

Marx Peterson's greatest weakness is that if an enemy downs him, renders him offline, he can be easily reprogrammed. An experienced hacker can transform this mechanical killer into a bumbling idiot or switch his loyalists from Cytek to the Hacker. However, given Peterson's training and combat capabilities, its not an easy thing to achieve.

Extra Trait:


Chi: 3/3

Personality:

Reliable as you can could always count on Marx to help, whether he's asked to or not. He can be a leader and a follower as he knows when to follow orders and to give them. His loyal to Cytek and his company can be stronger than Titanium as long as their is no reason for mistrust. He would gladly take a bullet for a friend and his lips are tightly secure if given secrets. When on duty, Marx Peterson on the best of his ability, will often attempt to follow an order to the letter, and do it with the most quality.

Background:

Marx Peterson, proud solider of Cytek, graduated at the top of his class and has held a clean, no nonsense record is killed on a routine transport mission. It was like any other mission in the beginning, open roads with no enemy sight until it came crashing to a halt as one of the lead vehicles was hit by a rocket. A firefight broke out against the soldiers of Cytek and one of the rebels, to control the contents of the transport. With their captain gone, Marx Peterson took charge of the surviving members of his team to form a defensive perimeter against the oncoming rebel attack. However, did Marx in was his bonds to his form company as one was them was wound on the battlefield in between a crossfire. He risked his life to save that member, getting fatally wounded as he was practically shot everywhere.


The last thing, he knew, he was on a surgery table and in the corner, near the enterance was the superior that assigned the mission having a discussion with the rebel leader that staged the ambush.


Notes: *- Check out the Time Manipulation section of Five superpowers your body is hiding from you
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 20 times in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:10 pm
Location: Orbiting around a planet in a giant robot's head.
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Interesting setting and rules, Vegeta. Considering a Guardian, if anyone's got a Surger.
Image
For the Greater Good
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 11824
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:15 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Geomancer » Sat May 14, 2011 5:32 pm

I'll create a surger once my inspiration gauge reaches full.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 7380
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: In a Funk
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 6:23 pm

@Iris:

First up, this may seem a lot of fuzz over a pet peeve, but:
Iris wrote:his MP3 player, a Blackberry

These things do not exist. This is the far, far future. I'm deliberately a bit vague on the timeline, but it's at least 300 years from the present, in which there's been rapid technological developement. The Blackberry brand is long dead, probably along with every electronics manufacturer that exists today (even if Apple existed in the year 2100, I wouldn't let them into Athana :P). The MP3 format isn't used anymore, because computers no longer work remotely like they do today.

Generally, the technology is learner, smarter, cheaper and more powerful than ours in every way and in every facet of life. If you like the aesthetics of these things, that's fine, you can keep them. I mean, headphones are cool, so they still exist, even if I'd think there'd ought to be thought-controlled-inner-ear-audio-transmitters. As long as they're not Samsung headphones. Similar for the other stuff. Instead of a black berry smartphone, you might have a *made up brand name* cleverdevice. Make up your own buzzwords. The overall idea of the different components making up a stealth hackers outfit is cool, though.

The main idea is that, well, this isn't our world. Too much have changed. Nothing is the same, except the struggles of man.


Your trait number 5 could use a bit more "oomph". It shouldn't just be a personality trait, it should be a defining part of their being. When the chips are down and shit hits the fan and moral dilemmas abound, it's this trait that the character acts according to. Note how the trait 5 of the two other characters is a life goal that motivates his every action, and a unbreakable principle, respectively. Erroll needs something to live, or die, for.

I'd suggest taking either taking "cynical" or "caring" to it's logical extreme: Either Erroll is a downright "Nihilist", that wouldn't even bother to dodge a train if he couldn't be bothered. Or, nothing matters more to him than his renegade Surger and will do anything to "Protect Tacey". The latter is probably preferable, because I nihilist character is going to be very passive to play.

Your extra trait is a bit vague. I think it's essentially that Erroll always has a crazy MacGuyver-esque idea appropriate to the situation, which works as a Wushu Trait, but I can't quite tell by the wording.

The backstory is cool. I like'd the "meh, this place is doomed, screw it" and laughed at the incident with a random girl poofing into his house.


Lastly, and most critically though... I was kinda hoping you'd pick up some of Tacey's slack, but Erroll's just as much an non-combatant as her. Both of you seem to be more geared for running away from fights than anything. And this RP will have combat. Sorry if I've not made this clear. I'm gonna have to meditate more on this to see if I adjust to this, and I'm not going to force anything, but you'd be doing me a favor if made your characters a bit more kick-ass. Refer to the first part of the Character Sheet section. The non-killing is fine, that's only gonna complicate your lives, not mine, but it'd be nice, if say, Erroll also used his illusions to distract people while he sneaks up on them and knocks them out, rather than just lead them away from him.

I can imagine doing some cool chase scenes with your characters, but you can't spend it all running.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 6:24 pm

NeoWarrior7 wrote:Interesting setting and rules, Vegeta. Considering a Guardian, if anyone's got a Surger.

Coool. I was hoping we'd get at least one. I hope you won't mind making him bad-ass.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Iris » Sat May 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Righto, I'll be editing so that I'll be picking up on Tay's slack then as well as the other edits. What kind of tech would be readily found on one's person then? Or is that the point that we're so far now that everything is easily concealable?

Edit: As for the MacGuyver thing, you're more or less right. Would that be an acceptable trait?
Status: Lurker
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Beyond the stars.
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Actually, kinda sounds like a neat in game thing, learning that you can't keep running away from all your problems, but maybe I've seen too many movies.

I'll see what I can do.
Trying to think of a good weapon, especially that would go with a shield. Speaking of, are there energy shields? What's weapon technology like?

Only other problem I'd have is traits, especially on a fighter. It's a bit of a new idea for me, really. Not really sure where one should end and the next start.
Image
For the Greater Good
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 11824
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:15 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 6:44 pm

@Iris:

A hacker's tech isn't necessarily concealable, since he needs computing power proportional to the stuff he's breaking into. But they have their ways of concealing, as cybernetics or your example.

Normal, everyday tech, yeah, it can be as miniaturized as is practical. Most people (well, middle class and up) always carry an, uhm... Unicom (just made that up) on their person, which fulfills the purposes of most things you'd put in your pocket: It's a computer, phone, ID, credit card, multimedia center, and connected directly to any other computer device you might own. Oh, and it's form is malleable.

Feel free to fill in any other details yourself, as long as it's sci-fi. Hypothetical tech videos like this one ought to get you in the right frame of mind, just think even more futuristic.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 6:55 pm

NeoWarrior7 wrote:Actually, kinda sounds like a neat in game thing, learning that you can't keep running away from all your problems, but maybe I've seen too many movies.

Yeah, I've thought of that. Which is why it could work, I just need to know if I can make it work in the context of the RP.

Trying to think of a good weapon, especially that would go with a shield. Speaking of, are there energy shields? What's weapon technology like?

Energy shields? Yes. Laser, plasma, forcefields, the whole shabang. Actual, physical, knight-like shields are used too, though, but of course made of some seriously hard allows and with various tech integrated in them.

As mentioned, there as certain focus on melee weapons among Guardians, though not to the exclusion of firearms. Since each guardian has his own weapon, they tend to be fairly unique, with various gimmicks. Examples are a rocket-powered lance, twin shields with sawblades along the edge, and a blade made of nanomaschines, who repairs it and infest whoever it slashes. Warhammer 40K isn't a bad source of inspiration either, with it's Chainswords and what not.


Only other problem I'd have is traits, especially on a fighter. It's a bit of a new idea for me, really. Not really sure where one should end and the next start.

Playing a fighter, or having having stats for it, or what do you mean? The recap of the traits is that 5 is something personal and important about the character, 4 is a combat style, weapon or power, 3 is an everyday, handyman skill, and 1 is any kind of weakness. Something the character isn't good at.

I'll probably have another example character up tomorrow.
Last edited by Vegedus on Sun May 15, 2011 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Iris » Sat May 14, 2011 7:16 pm

I've edited most of my tech, traits 5 and 4, I'll finish on working trait 1 tomorrow when I wake up. I'll fall back to having sever trust issues. Is there anything else I may need to change Vegedus?
Status: Lurker
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Beyond the stars.
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 3:36 am

The tech is issue you've fixed nicely. I hope you'll bring some of that dry humor ('irony award') into the game.

Trait 5 and 4 both works better as traits now, with the added quips, so I think they're fine now.

I'm slightly iffy on trust issues as a weakness. Kinda like paranoia, it's actually a strength if someone IS out to get you. Then again, it's a nice roleplaying hook. Meh, it's fine.

The extra trait could still use some rewording to make it clear what exactly it represent. I think I get it, but I'm not sure it's the same as your vision. You could for instance re-dub it "Preparation": Erroll always got a backup plan.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Tuor » Sun May 15, 2011 3:51 am

So we should use 40k as a reference for weapons? Also, what is clothing like?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18401
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 5:31 am

40K, for instance. 40K has cool weapons, so it's a good reference for cool weapons. Plus, the chainsword, along with a gun blade, is pretty representative of my taste in weapons: It's a sword... and a chainsaw, double the awesome! This setting isn't quite as gritty as 40K though, so weapons need not necessarily be as brutal.

Mainly, I made that reference because Neowarrior has Tau in his set, so I knew he'd get it.

Hm, clothing. Fashion is always the part I have the hardest time envisioning for my beloved sci-fi.

Well, formal clothing hasn't changed completely changed. The tuxedo still exist, but comes in quirkier variations, such as with embroidery, fancy patterns and straps.

As mentioned, there's a lot of sub-culture on street level, and there's sub-cultures to sub-cultures. Things get positively freaky. Glowing, morphing tatoos, gene treatment to give animal-like traits, and clothing made out of plastics or metals.

There's a general, everyday fashion of "segmented" clothing. Different pieces of clothing that looks "grafted" in a way similar to how pieces of machinery is. So, for instance a pair of white shorts, with a black legs in thick fabric, fastened to the shorts with thick, metal clamps. In this manner, stiff fabrics, who keep their form instead of conforming to the body, are also commonly combined with regular textiles, kinda like how a tuxedo makes your shoulders look wider than they are.

A fabric called polycloth is quite popular in the underground. It's synthetic and very thick and dense, so much so that it's made thinner over joints. It's hardy, cheap and reasonably comfy, but makes you look kinda blocky.

And lastly, as with so many other things, technology is often directly integrated into the clothing. Nanomaschines can be used to make a shirt that never stains or needs ironing. Colors and shape of the clothes can change dynamically. You can make a psychedelic shirt which weaves and pulses. And ironic, internet t-shirts come in animated versions :P
Last edited by Vegedus on Sun May 15, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Iris » Sun May 15, 2011 6:21 am

Hmm, true about the trust issue. I think see if I can think of something that can further expand the first trait.

Edit: There we go, I've altered trait 1.
Status: Lurker
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Beyond the stars.
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 15, 2011 9:56 am

Now with added picture.... LETS HOPE SHE WONT STEP INTO ANY GLASS!
Image
Mephobiac
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14659
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: Cruising in my Atlas
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 9:58 am

Oh, you be tempting me!

And wow. That was more revealing than I had imagined.
Image
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10197
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Location: Denmark, at world's end
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Iris » Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 am

I am curious to know the story behind how she convinced Erroll to buy that for her... It would be hilariously amusing and probably awkward for the two of them. But then what's new.

Edit: Also if we are using some inspirations from the 40K universe, I suggest digital weapons. They'd fit in perfectly I think.
Status: Lurker
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Beyond the stars.
Gender: Male

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 15, 2011 10:04 am

Vegedus wrote:Oh, you be tempting me!

And wow. That was more revealing than I had imagined.

Is it bad that I actually had a more revealing suit lined up first? But then thought "Wait... I'm not drawing a pornstar right now."
Image
Mephobiac
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14659
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: Cruising in my Atlas
Gender: Male

Next

Return to Role Playing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Scrambles and 2 guests