Wushu: After the End [OOC] This is the True End

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Last call for submissions

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:41 am

A quick, basic overview. I'll try to get more ideas into writing soon.
Not sure what a good weakness would be.

Name: Roland Stenberg
Concept: A Guardian of the Law

Appearance: When not on the job, he favors basic, functional clothing, such as long pants and plain shirts.

When on duty, he uses his personal armor. In appearence it's a mix of a SWAT armor and plate armors, matching modern tactical suits with heavy alloy plates. It is colored primarily with blues and blacks, and has a logo of the Cytek military on the front.

Trait 5: I Am The Law
Outside Athana lies a barren wasteland. Their city is the last and only bastion of humanity, and Roland will fight to protect it. But the greatest enemy is that within, and to combat it, the law must be upheld.

Trait 4: Iron Knight
Roland wades into battle clad in fairly heavy powered armor. Combined with his cybernetics, he's considerably stronger and faster than the average civilian, as you may expect of a Guardian. His armor and weapons are fully intregrated, with a heads-up display in the visor of his helment. He carries around a large shield, contructed of durable alloys to resist attack from whatever gets thrown at him. Both his armor and shield contain concelable hooks and straps for holding equipment. While he's trained in and can use a range of weapons and equipment, his main weapon is his right gauntlet. With nanotechnology, on command it can create a set of curved blades attached to either side of his arm and a plasma gun on top. While not a weapon of finesse, as the blades move with his whole upper arm, Roland is somewhat skilled in melee, focusing on powerful slashes or stabs. The plasma gun can vary most of its features for a range in firing strength and speed, from a burn to melting holes through walls, and single accurate shots or rapidly firing bolts of plasma. It also keeps his right hand open. His secondary arm is an advanced handgun, shaped like a futuristic revolver pistol. Rather than cartridges, its actually a railgun, using magnetic fields to propel small bits of metal at high speed. Drawing from a mass of alloy, nanites shape each round beforehand in the chambers, and the magnetic field can be varied for a range of different rounds and trajectories. As a backup, there's also a knife straped to his armor, to the left of his chest. He typically keeps a few grenades and spare equipment on hand, especially retraints.

Trait 3: Enforcement
Before recruitment in more military Cytek forces and eventually being made a Guardian, Roland stopped crime as an officer of the law. Besides an excellent knowledge of the laws, procedure, and security around Athana, he's trainedd in dealing with suspects, interrogating witnesses and his specialty, chasing down criminals.

Trait 1: No, the Law is the Law
No one is above the law, especially him. While proactive in his work, he steers clear of overstepping his athority, and follows orders. Sometimes, it gets in the way of handling the problem, especially when it stops him from following his gut.

Extra Trait:

Chi: 3/3

Personality: His most defining trait would be determination; Roland works towards his goal regardless of odds. Honesty was a value drilled into by his father, while his job (And a fear-suppresing) cybernetic implant) has taught him bravery, particularly in combat. While he follows Cytek to protect the city, more than that he wants to uphold the law. If there was a better system, he would definitely consider it. While he gets no enjoyment from death, it's often been proven the only method and so when he's forced to he'll take down criminals without a second thought. Roland seeks to eliminate Blue Sky; even though there message seems nice, he's seen what they're resort to, and taking them down would send a message to the other groups they inspire. While ruthless in his execution of the law, Roland really is just taking the course of action he feels is best. The city really doesn't know what's best.

Background: Roland's involvement started when he joined law enforcement right out of school. This was for several reasons; he'd always had an affinity towards physical activities and active work. It was also partially for his view of the world. His parents sometimes told him stories of the war in Athana's early years, and of the world outside. But most important of all was when his mother died when he was thirteen, a victim of a bombing by some of the cities "freedom fighters". Already skewed towards them, his view of the terrorists theatening the city only slid further away during his years fighting them on the streets. He's seen plenty of people die to criminals. With relentless endurance and strong will, he made it into the anti-terrorism unit, and carried out several raids on bases or suspects. Before long, Cytek took noticed and put him into the Guardian program. While he mostly deals with whatever missions he's handed, he also likes to apply to aid actions with the departments he used to work with, where he still has friends.
Last edited by NeoWarrior7 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
For the Greater Good

Postby Vegedus » Wed May 25, 2011 8:55 am

Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:51 pm

For the Greater Good

Postby Asmodai » Wed May 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Oh no, now you made me look up this again. I remember stumbling upon that a few years ago with a friend in class. We couldnt stop laughing for about half a hour. We even got kicked out of the classroom. Looking back, I dont get it. It's not that funny.
Mephobiac

Postby Garethcool » Thu May 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Vegedus wrote:Regalus, Garethcool, Fummofu and NeoWarrior7 have all expressed interest, but have yet to show any character concepts yet.

So my CS is nothing then? I'm still making his story and stuff, just gimme like 2 more days.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Vegedus » Thu May 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Huh. Somehow managed to forget that you had already posted a preliminary sheet. I think we're nearing critical mass for the amount of players I can handle.

Postby Tuor » Thu May 26, 2011 6:36 pm

How many do we have? 8?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Vegedus » Fri May 27, 2011 1:10 am

11, I think.

Postby Tuor » Fri May 27, 2011 1:55 am

o.o
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Vegedus » Fri May 27, 2011 2:03 am

Including the people who aren't accepted yet, of course.

A bit more than I usually have at the tabletop table :P

But few in comparison to some of the ensemble games around here.

Postby Garethcool » Fri May 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Yeah, ten is pushing it for tabletop gaming for a single game.

Postby Vegedus » Fri May 27, 2011 1:37 pm

I've played with 8 players and it was a booooorefest. Players had to wait forever to get their turn to do anything at all and quickly disconnected from the game. It didn't help that it wasn't a quick, awesome system like Wushu, but something much slower... It was home made.

Postby Garethcool » Fri May 27, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm starting a pathfinder group with eleven people (including the GM) but we're splitting into two 5 player parties that are gonne be rivals. For shits and giggles.

Postby Vegedus » Fri May 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Man, pathfinder is fashionable. I don't think I know anyone who are sticking to 3.5.

Postby Ionix Baelgos » Fri May 27, 2011 4:44 pm

I really like 3.5 myself. >.> <.<

Postby Vegedus » Fri May 27, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm rather soured and raging against everything DnD myself :P

Postby Ionix Baelgos » Fri May 27, 2011 6:02 pm

I can see why you would be, but I think I got lucky with my experiences....mostly. In my case, it just depended on the player-pool. Playing with immature people made D&D Suuuuuuck. Playing with people that were somewhat mature made it fun, though plenty of work.

But yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. I am enjoying looking through and seeing what the Wushu system has to offer. :mrgreen:

Postby Tuor » Fri May 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Vegedus, are you gonna put a pool limit?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Garethcool » Fri May 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Vegedus wrote:Man, pathfinder is fashionable. I don't think I know anyone who are sticking to 3.5.

Pathfinder is just 3.5 but 'better'.

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 28, 2011 3:28 am

Tuor wrote:Vegedus, are you gonna put a pool limit?

A dice pool limit? Yup. Everytime. I assume you've read the original rules which kinda treats it like a optional feature, but as far as I'm concerned, it's not. Without a limit, whoever goes the most TL;DR, wins.

I'll generally be setting a specific limit depending on the conflict in question. More epic, important conflicts get bigger limits and so on.

Postby Tuor » Sat May 28, 2011 4:27 am

Oh good
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BobSagat » Sun May 29, 2011 4:07 am

I know I'm incredibly late, but I've been interested in this RP since the beginning. I simply wasn't sure if I'd be having consistent internet access until now. Give me a day and I'll have something up.
I know I'm incredibly late, but I've been interested in this RP since the beginning. I simply wasn't sure if I'd be having consistent internet access until now. Give me a day and I'll have something up.

Name: Louis Logic
Concept: The gentleman thief without a shred of courage

Appearance: A thin man of middling height with the physique of a marathon runner. He has high cheekbones and narrow eyes that hint at an Asian ancestry. He has short curls of dark hair and his eyes are a distinct shine of blue. He usually has an easy smile, as if someone had just told a pleasant joke.

His attire seems to be that of a well-dressed professional, a black suit, tie, gloves, shirt and slacks, but that is only half the truth. In reality he is a well-dressed professional thief, his clothes are embedded with bits of gizmos designed to best fit a man who needs to break in and run away. His gloves contain microfibers that extend and retract at will, giving him the ability to scale a straight wall with ease. The bottom of his shoes have a friction scaling function that works somewhat similarly to his gloves. On one end of the scale, Louis would be able to stand still through a typhoon and on the other end, he'd be able to grind a pipe as smoothly as if he were flying. His tie doubles as a grappling hook and rope, the apparent cloth able to stretch like putty or stay as strong as steel while still remaining as flexible as a tie it should be. The end of the tie carries similar technology to Louis' gloves so that it can securely grab onto any surface and stay sturdy enough to hold Louis' weight and whatever loot he may be caring.

The entirety of Louis' suit and slacks are in fact bulletproof to small arms and the inside of his shirt is lined with ballistic gel meant to soften any impact, including that of knives. Of course, the price of looking good is that none of these safety features are quite as effective as wearing actual body armor. But the appearance of being a simple undefended businessman is usually security enough.

Trait 5: Be Polite
Louis believes in etiquette. He understands and appreciates the intricacies of high society, he thrives in an environment where courtesy is required. Life is so much better when people are mindful of their manners, there's no need for any fights or rough housing to break out. If people were just a little more considerate and little less rude, everything would certainly improve. And one of the obvious benefits is that being polite and well-dressed makes people more likely to trust you. Louis will pleasantly hold the door open for you, mind your groceries and help your wizened old mother cross the street, but the very next day you'll find your safe completely empty except for one little note with a single word, "Sorry!" Because robbing someone is really something you should apologize for.

Trait 4: Run Away!
If avoiding fighting is the moral high ground then Louis is on Mount Everest. There is a certain dignity to fleeing for your life when a dozen security guards are trying to capture/maim you and Louis has it. The gentleman thief is very practiced is running away, he possesses excellent stamina, sprinting capabilities, leaping, climbing, etc. If he were to ever put those athletic abilities in actually fighting he might be an actual threat, but as it is he's much more content jumping over a wall than running through it.

Trait 3: Thief
His aristocratic sensibilities are fairly costly, but he manages to pay for them by not paying at all. He's very good with locks and breaking them, he's a capable security hacker and an excellent pickpocket. He spends the same amount of time sneaking past guards and climbing walls as he does sweet-talking his victim out of their password. Louis Logic wins his bread by taking it.

Trait 1: Fear
Who wants to die? Not Louis Logic, that's for certain. I mean come on! Once you're dead, you're DEAD. So final, so completely without possibility! It's a terrible thing to behold and Louis shudders to even think of it. While his profession does have considerably more risk than your average job, Louis only has just enough bravery to see a heist through and no more than that. Never ask the man to stick his neck out further than he has to, he won't do it. If the man's life is in danger, Louis will cower and squeal, he'll tell you every secret he knows and beg you for mercy ten times over before you've even asked him his name. Feel free to threaten and cajole him, it'll probably work. Well until he runs away that is.

Extra Trait:

Chi: 3/3

Personality:
Louis genuinely believes in the virtue of being polite. He will be as courteous as possible, no matter the situation, circumstance or who he is talking to. He will smile and speak softly and he will do things that some would consider kind, but to Louis it would simply be rude to do anything less. He has an easy time speaking to people and enjoys the chatter of smalltalk. In the criminal underworld, he has plenty of friends and acquaintances and knows how to handle most folk. All in all, Louis is a simple man, charming and kind until the moment where his life is in immediate danger at which point no further words will be spoken until he is firmly out of harm's way.

Background:
Left to the streets an orphan at an early age, Louis has had to fend for himself for most of his life. He had no knowledge of his parents or how he had been abandoned, only that he needed to survive and survive he did. Stealing and fleeing, scampering underfoot of people who would kick at him, constantly fearful of police sweeps and wary of other children life him who would try to steal what he had already taken. Louis managed to live long enough to make a name for himself as an excellent lockpick and thief. At that point he began getting jobs to break into places or steal things. He rode with the seediest of thieves and convened with the hardest of criminals and stole and stole. Doors opened to more doors and he became thoroughly experienced. Eventually Louis could finally go solo. Once he had enough money, he began a career of infiltrating high society cliques and homes, stealing from the upper-class folk that he would befriend. Louis has more or less reached the status of "rich", but it takes hard work and lots of thieving to maintain that lifestyle. It's a good thing he's so good at it.
Last edited by BobSagat on Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 29, 2011 4:22 am

Cool. If you're fast, I don't mind.

Postby BobSagat » Sun May 29, 2011 7:19 am

Aaaand... done.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 29, 2011 8:17 am

Another runner? I might lump you in with Iris and Asmodai. Or Tuor for max banditry.

Polite is nice. I can imagine that being hilarious being brought into every conflict. Thief's good too.

As discussed earlier, with Asmo, MLS and Iris characters, the rest of the traits can work, provided that you're prepared that he'll sooner or later have to confront his fear and might get into a situation he can't run away from, character growth ensuing etc. etc.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing