Wushu: After the End [OOC] This is the True End

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Keep the Characters coming

Postby Garethcool » Fri May 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Just wanted to get his bare bones down. How are his skills thus far?

Name: Samuel J. Hawken
Concept: Hacker looking out for number one.

Appearance: Standing at a respectable 5"6 Samuel is often able to blend into crowds by being completely normal. His eyes are brown, flecked with bits of gold, that seem to glimmer in the right light conditions. He has short brown hair that looks unkempt, as if he hadn't slept in days and his beard seems like that of someone who just doesn't have the time to get around to shaving it. His clothing on the other hand is completely different. His shirt is always pressed and crease-free as if he had just taken it off the hanger, the same applies to his coat, whether it is a suit-jacket or a trenchcoat. He tends to wear dress-pants with the suit, and jeans with the trenchcoat, but both coats contain a surprising amount of hacking gear. Each coat has enough gear on it to allow Samuel to hack into advanced systems in a few minutes, making him rather good at what he does.

Trait 5: Computronic Superiority - Samuel would trust his life to something he programmed any day of the week.

Trait 4: Quick Destruction - Samuel has a nack for breaking things, with style and speed. Samuel can cause something to break by a 'defect' or just break if he has even mere moments with it.

Trait 3: Breaking and Entering - Often having to resort to thievery Samuel has become very good at entering places undetected, and covering his tracks when he does.

Trait 1: Fear of Nature - Samuel has a rather bad opinion on the natural world. ANimals and plants give him the heebie-jeebies.

Extra Trait: Quick Development - Samuel can easily upgrade the efficiency of a weapon or program with ease. It cannot Surpass the item's maximum potential, but with extra parts available it wouldn't be hard.

Chi: 3 of 3

Personality: Samuel is twitchy to put it lightly. He has issues trusting anything and anyone who isn't technology, or using a piece of technology. He records all of his conversations, just in case someone decides to hold something against him. Samuel seems very normal while online or speaking over a phone, but gets very nervous when actually face to face with people. He considered this to just be a part of his lifestyle and he shouldn't have to deal with people when his job is to get Person A information about Person B so they can kill eachother.

Background: Samuel learned quickly that growing up in an advanced world makes you grow up in an 'advanced' manner. Samuel embraced technology from a young age, wanting to learn about coding instead of the birds and the bees. This focus allowed Samuel to advance past others years older than him and got him a job at Cytek when he graduated highschool. Working for Cytek was interesting at first, but he quickly learned that everyone wanted something in this wonderful world, and for someone with the right skills it was easy to get or manipulate this information. Being able to delete someone's 'strikes' with just a few keystrokes made Samuel a very 'valuable' member of the Cytek team, but a nuisance to the members higher up. Samuel was moved to a different branch of the company, now in charge of obtaining information for Cytek, rather than tampering with their own information. Of course, for enough money Samuel is willing to do almost anything...
Last edited by Garethcool on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Very nice. You may want to detail them a bit more, but the core concepts fit within the categories and all that, and fit the game nicely, so it's looking good so far.
Iris wrote:I think Vegedus is waiting for a couple others to finish their CS before he'll start.

Yup. Ideally, all characters, though I'm very anxious to get started. I think we have Neowarrior, Regalus, Mastermind, and Garethecool's characters pending ATM.

Ionix Baelgos wrote:I'm looking forward to it.
I imagine Gary's gonna probably be stumbling around, and that any rebel group he does affiliate with would be incredibly disorganized. If he's getting conspiracy theories, high organization is likely a no-no.

Deal.
Last edited by Vegedus on Sun May 22, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Boredom got me, and I kinda like this guy's idea. I basically wanted to make a level 10 surger, that even Cytek couldn't possibly hope to stop. I want him to work for Cytek though, as he would most likely side with the most powerful faction.

WIP

Name: Reaver
Concept: Psychopathic power eater

Appearance: The true face and posture behind the one called Reaver is unknown, as it is his power to steal your everything. He often wears a new body every few weeks, mostly because the old one started to bore him.

There is however one distinguished mark that makes him stand out, the one thing he cannot change. His long dark leather coat. A rugged looking coat that covers him shoulder to ankle. It moves, even though there is no wind, fueling much speculation that the coat is in fact alive.

Trait 5: The Psychopath
Reaver kills because he enjoys it. There's nothing more to it. It's not about some sick sense of revenger, or a thirst for power. Although that last one is a happy by product of his surge. No, Reaver just does it because he can. Though he does it within a certain degree. While killing off the entire population of Athana would be fun, it would only be a short lived fun. Besides, what would he do after that? He's seen the outside, there's nothing there. So he moderates himself, seeing the population as nothing more than cattle. And like any farmer knows, you don't just kill off your entire herd. You keep a few around for breeding, so there's always a steady stream of fresh meat.

Trait 4: The Hunger
Reaver's surge is something you can only imagine in your darkest nightmares. He is able to conjure up a legion of tentacles, each one strong enough to crush a car with ease, or puncture a human body. But his most prized power are the two snakes that seemingly grow out of his back. He refers to them as Sodom and Gomorrah. Sodom, being the more sharper one of the two, was the one who struck at vital spots when your guard was down, easily able to puncture armor and skin alike to disable someone in one ferocious strike. Gomorrah, being larger and featuring a more snake like head, was meant to go into a beserking frenzy, attacking the target without letting up, thus giving Sodom the opening for the finishing blow. Gomorrah is also the only one capable of devouring a human in one go, by unhinging it's lower jaw. The two snakes seem to have their own kind of sentient intelligence, often squabbling with each other over who gets to eat the heart (or other body part). The lesser tentacles lack any kind of mouth or intelligence and are completely under the control of Reaver.

When Gomorrah devours a victim, it allows Reaver to take over everything that man or woman had. Appearance, memory, skills, you name it, he can take it. Reaver will often use this knowledge to go after the victims loved ones. Taking the victims appearance to blend in, get in close and then finish them all off. He doesn't care whether they're woman, children or elderly, for him it's just part of the fun. He revels in it. Which in turn is also his ritual, he has to enjoy what it is he is doing. A quite easily maintained ritual if you asked him.

His power makes an interesting turn when he manages to devour a fellow surger. As said before, he gains his victim's everything, which also includes any surge powers that person might have. This makes Reaver a very, very dangerous opponent to fight. You just can't tell what he'll do next. Though he doesn't like using other peoples surges. He prefers to get in close and flay you alive with his tentacles, while Sodom and Gomorrah are already fighting over who gets to eat what part.

Trait 3: No moral compass
Reaver has no morals, he'll kill who he likes not caring who it is. Hell, he'll slaughter an orphanage for fun if he feels like it. He doesn't how it happens, as long as it happens. Though, the more gruesome it happens, the more fun it often is.

Trait 1: Let there be darkness
Light weakens him. It doesn't completely abolish his powers, but it does make him more sluggish. Which is why Reaver likes the Underground so much, especially the lowest levels. He can still move around the Upperground, causing wanton destruction and general mayhem. But it would be less enjoyable.

Extra Trait:

Chi: 3/3

Personality: Ruthless, sadomasochistic and cold. You want to stay away from Reaver. He's always in control of the situation, whether you want it or not. He likes to play with his victims, often leading them on wild chases through the cities many alleys, before catching them and torturing them for a bit. He likes to know what makes people tick, literally.

Background: blahblahblahtexttexttextblahblahblah
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Can I have him, then? This dude seems more like an end-boss, than a player character :P. He just doesn't have the same roleplaying opportunities:

Me: "Okay, game start. You're in the city square, *bla bla* "
Reaver: "I eat the other characters OHM NOM NOM NOM!"
Me: "... Game over."

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Oh sure, go right ahead. Can I still write the background? I kinda wanted to set him up as a total badass, actually assaulting the Cytek HQ... well technically they attacked him, he just wanted a talk with the CEO. Wasn't his fault everybody got so trigger happy. He enjoyed it though.

He was basically meant to be kind of like Freddy Krueger (love how the spell checker actually has that name in it's dictionary). You don't fight him, you run the hell away from him and hope he doesn't catch you.
Mephobiac

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:37 pm

I really don't like those kinds of characters.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, yeah, it's not a horror game. Running is mostly for those characters who are made for doing so.

My next real life Wushu game is going to be action horror though. Plenty of that shit.
Asmodai wrote:Oh sure, go right ahead. Can I still write the background? I kinda wanted to set him up as a total badass, actually assaulting the Cytek HQ... well technically they attacked him, he just wanted a talk with the CEO. Wasn't his fault everybody got so trigger happy. He enjoyed it though.

If I actually use him, which depends, I may to change anything or everything about him, so whatever :P

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 22, 2011 4:45 pm

D:
D':
D'8

Oh well, he's yours now. Like I said, it was just boredom. I figured we could use a more action oriented character in this RP, but I overdid it a bit :D
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Sun May 22, 2011 4:51 pm

No really
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:23 pm

By the way, Vegedus, what are the Cytek colors?
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Sorry, been trying to work on it. Lots of stuff been going on recently, and the Witcher 2 to boot.

So, speaking of colors, Cytek or the city got any kind of logo?
For the Greater Good

Postby Fummoffu » Sun May 22, 2011 7:24 pm

What are the limits to the kind of Surger powers one can have?
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
Buy Gold
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 22, 2011 7:26 pm

As far as I know they're pretty limitless, but the more powerful you are, the more attention you attract.
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Sun May 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Fummofu wrote:What are the limits to the kind of Surger powers one can have?

Don't do what Asmodai did
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

BECOME A GOD!
Mephobiac

Postby Fummoffu » Sun May 22, 2011 7:29 pm

No tentacle raping cars?
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
Buy Gold
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Oh Japan, how I hate you for ruining the awesomeness of tentacles
Mephobiac

Postby Fummoffu » Sun May 22, 2011 7:35 pm

I have a few sickening ideas for a character.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
Buy Gold
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:56 pm

I don't know about you guys, but when I think of a Surger, I would think of Stands.
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 22, 2011 7:59 pm

I think of them more as the Contractors from Darker Than Black, seeing as they have that whole ritual thing going on as well
Mephobiac

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:00 pm

True, but I liked Jojo, more than I did with Dark than Black, which is why I styled my first surger on that concept.
More Robots

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Updated, my guardian (main character, and only character to start with), Vegedus.
More Robots

Postby Ionix Baelgos » Mon May 23, 2011 2:28 am

I went ahead and did a picture of my character- Gael 'Gary' Malagan.
Gary Malagan
I might post the one without the background, which I like a little better.

Postby Vegedus » Mon May 23, 2011 3:02 am

... Moustache.
Fummofu wrote:What are the limits to the kind of Surger powers one can have?

It should be kept in perspective of the other characters submitted. Shouldn't be much stronger than what everyone else has. Joseph is probably strongest Surger among the players so far.

In general, you probably shouldn't have a Surge that's strong enough that you could topple the entire city and make it your bitch on your own. Strong, yes, but not strong enough that the character wouldn't have a reason to work together with others.

As for what the Surges can do, in form of breath, there's no real limit. I'm mostly concerned with power level.

Mastermind001 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but when I think of a Surger, I would think of Stands.

Asmodai wrote:I think of them more as the Contractors from Darker Than Black, seeing as they have that whole ritual thing going on as well

And I was inspired by the Song Magic of Ar Tonelico as well as the shooting-yourself of Persona 3. So whatev's :P

Mastermind001 wrote:By the way, Vegedus, what are the Cytek colors?

NeoWarrior7 wrote:Sorry, been trying to work on it. Lots of stuff been going on recently, and the Witcher 2 to boot.

So, speaking of colors, Cytek or the city got any kind of logo?

Uuuuuhhh.... My first guess would be blue and gold for some reason, but I might whip up a logo or something.

Mastermind001 wrote:Updated, my guardian (main character, and only character to start with), Vegedus.

Ho hum, looking good. In terms of personality, you should keep in mind he's probably going boring to play if he's too robotic. As I see it, his loyalty to Cytek is programmed and absolute, but he still acts like a normal human in every other way.

Then again, Transformers were always more human than robotic, so I guess that was your intention to begin with.

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:36 am

Then again, Transformers were always more human than robotic, so I guess that was your intention to begin with.

Indeed it was. So is he accepted?
More Robots

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing