Wushu: After the End [OOC] This is the True End

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Wushu: After the End [OOC] Sign-ups veeeery open

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Name: Marx Peterson
Concept: Robocop meets Transformers (Head Masters) meets Mazinger Z

Appearance:

In his new body, Marx Peterson has a height of 6 feet. His head is octagonal shape with two antennas sticking where the ears are. His eyes are a complete blue visor, with an actual mouth and nose. They also seemed to have attached on a black mustache and a pointy beard on his chin. The hands and forearms, are huge and oval shaped with long and thin fingers. The legs are long and pointed like scythes .

The Big Body, is a hover tank with thrusters on the bottom, sides, and the very back of the tank. It has three huge cannons with two automatic gun turrets on the sides of the tank. Where, Marx Peterson sits is within a pod in between the two rotating double cannons, from here, he can control the cannons, and program the turrets on the tank. The pod, also is able to eject Marx straight into the air for him to transform into his huge robotic form, that stands 15 meters tall. When in giant robot mode, two cannons rest on the back until it needs to be used, then it will rest on the shoulders, while the third cannon is housed in the chest cavity. The face is similar to Marx Peterson's face.

The

Trait 5:

~It wasn't his choice~

They removed the spine cord, brain, digestive system of a mortally wounded Marx Peterson and transferred into a mechanical body. All done without his consent as he was simply the best candidate for conversion due to his service, and psychological and medical records. Now he's treated more as a product than as a person.

Trait 4:

~Guardian Prime Unit 01~

-Main Body- Head Master

The main body is where Marx's organic material is housed in. The armor shell was made tough enough to handle huge explosion and penetrate buildings. It had to be tough for not only did have Marx's organs, but various chemicals weapons and gear. The right hand is able to retract into a sprayer that sprays a gas that alters any material's crystalline structure, to make them as brittle as glass while the entire right arm transforms, becomes a flame thrower. The left hand retracts into a launcher that fires quick drying clement, that allows him to capture enemies alive while the entire left arm transforms into dual chainsaws. Inside the right and left side of his thighs are two double barrel plasma handgun. Also his entire body can transform into a giant head that attaches to the BB, his ride.

-Big Body-

Big Body, BB for short is Marx's ground transport and the second body. Once the main body transforms into a giant head, the BB vehicle transformers into a headless giant robot. Both are able to combine into a giant machine, that wields a pole ax with an energy blade and a ray-gun, that is the size of a rifle, that melts things. On the shoulder's and in the chest, are cannons that fire missiles and explosive shells. While on the forearms of the giant is turret guns.

Trait 3:

~Training from Hell~

Marx, before he became a cybernetic monster, he was a solider. He was trained to be best of the best. To think outside the box, and be creative in a combat situation, the proper way of handling and maintain of weapons, and to survive virtually anywhere, using limited supplies. Psychologically taught to keep calm and be level headed in a crisis. So that when in Experiential mode *(Bullet Time), he could overcome his natural instincts and use his training .

Trait 1:

~ Reprogrammed ~

Marx Peterson's greatest weakness is that if an enemy downs him, renders him offline, he can be easily reprogrammed. An experienced hacker can transform this mechanical killer into a bumbling idiot or switch his loyalists from Cytek to the Hacker. However, given Peterson's training and combat capabilities, its not an easy thing to achieve.

Extra Trait:

Chi: 3/3

Personality:

Reliable as you can could always count on Marx to help, whether he's asked to or not. He can be a leader and a follower as he knows when to follow orders and to give them. His loyal to Cytek and his company can be stronger than Titanium as long as their is no reason for mistrust. He would gladly take a bullet for a friend and his lips are tightly secure if given secrets. When on duty, Marx Peterson on the best of his ability, will often attempt to follow an order to the letter, and do it with the most quality.

Background:

Marx Peterson, proud solider of Cytek, graduated at the top of his class and has held a clean, no nonsense record is killed on a routine transport mission. It was like any other mission in the beginning, open roads with no enemy sight until it came crashing to a halt as one of the lead vehicles was hit by a rocket. A firefight broke out against the soldiers of Cytek and one of the rebels, to control the contents of the transport. With their captain gone, Marx Peterson took charge of the surviving members of his team to form a defensive perimeter against the oncoming rebel attack. However, did Marx in was his bonds to his form company as one was them was wound on the battlefield in between a crossfire. He risked his life to save that member, getting fatally wounded as he was practically shot everywhere.

The last thing, he knew, he was on a surgery table and in the corner, near the enterance was the superior that assigned the mission having a discussion with the rebel leader that staged the ambush.

Notes: *- Check out the Time Manipulation section of Five superpowers your body is hiding from you
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 20 times in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Interesting setting and rules, Vegeta. Considering a Guardian, if anyone's got a Surger.
For the Greater Good

Postby Geomancer » Sat May 14, 2011 5:32 pm

I'll create a surger once my inspiration gauge reaches full.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 6:23 pm

@Iris:

First up, this may seem a lot of fuzz over a pet peeve, but:
Iris wrote:his MP3 player, a Blackberry

These things do not exist. This is the far, far future. I'm deliberately a bit vague on the timeline, but it's at least 300 years from the present, in which there's been rapid technological developement. The Blackberry brand is long dead, probably along with every electronics manufacturer that exists today (even if Apple existed in the year 2100, I wouldn't let them into Athana :P). The MP3 format isn't used anymore, because computers no longer work remotely like they do today.

Generally, the technology is learner, smarter, cheaper and more powerful than ours in every way and in every facet of life. If you like the aesthetics of these things, that's fine, you can keep them. I mean, headphones are cool, so they still exist, even if I'd think there'd ought to be thought-controlled-inner-ear-audio-transmitters. As long as they're not Samsung headphones. Similar for the other stuff. Instead of a black berry smartphone, you might have a *made up brand name* cleverdevice. Make up your own buzzwords. The overall idea of the different components making up a stealth hackers outfit is cool, though.

The main idea is that, well, this isn't our world. Too much have changed. Nothing is the same, except the struggles of man.

Your trait number 5 could use a bit more "oomph". It shouldn't just be a personality trait, it should be a defining part of their being. When the chips are down and shit hits the fan and moral dilemmas abound, it's this trait that the character acts according to. Note how the trait 5 of the two other characters is a life goal that motivates his every action, and a unbreakable principle, respectively. Erroll needs something to live, or die, for.

I'd suggest taking either taking "cynical" or "caring" to it's logical extreme: Either Erroll is a downright "Nihilist", that wouldn't even bother to dodge a train if he couldn't be bothered. Or, nothing matters more to him than his renegade Surger and will do anything to "Protect Tacey". The latter is probably preferable, because I nihilist character is going to be very passive to play.

Your extra trait is a bit vague. I think it's essentially that Erroll always has a crazy MacGuyver-esque idea appropriate to the situation, which works as a Wushu Trait, but I can't quite tell by the wording.

The backstory is cool. I like'd the "meh, this place is doomed, screw it" and laughed at the incident with a random girl poofing into his house.

Lastly, and most critically though... I was kinda hoping you'd pick up some of Tacey's slack, but Erroll's just as much an non-combatant as her. Both of you seem to be more geared for running away from fights than anything. And this RP will have combat. Sorry if I've not made this clear. I'm gonna have to meditate more on this to see if I adjust to this, and I'm not going to force anything, but you'd be doing me a favor if made your characters a bit more kick-ass. Refer to the first part of the Character Sheet section. The non-killing is fine, that's only gonna complicate your lives, not mine, but it'd be nice, if say, Erroll also used his illusions to distract people while he sneaks up on them and knocks them out, rather than just lead them away from him.

I can imagine doing some cool chase scenes with your characters, but you can't spend it all running.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 6:24 pm

NeoWarrior7 wrote:Interesting setting and rules, Vegeta. Considering a Guardian, if anyone's got a Surger.

Coool. I was hoping we'd get at least one. I hope you won't mind making him bad-ass.

Postby Iris » Sat May 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Righto, I'll be editing so that I'll be picking up on Tay's slack then as well as the other edits. What kind of tech would be readily found on one's person then? Or is that the point that we're so far now that everything is easily concealable?

Edit: As for the MacGuyver thing, you're more or less right. Would that be an acceptable trait?

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Actually, kinda sounds like a neat in game thing, learning that you can't keep running away from all your problems, but maybe I've seen too many movies.

I'll see what I can do.
Trying to think of a good weapon, especially that would go with a shield. Speaking of, are there energy shields? What's weapon technology like?

Only other problem I'd have is traits, especially on a fighter. It's a bit of a new idea for me, really. Not really sure where one should end and the next start.
For the Greater Good

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 6:44 pm

@Iris:

A hacker's tech isn't necessarily concealable, since he needs computing power proportional to the stuff he's breaking into. But they have their ways of concealing, as cybernetics or your example.

Normal, everyday tech, yeah, it can be as miniaturized as is practical. Most people (well, middle class and up) always carry an, uhm... Unicom (just made that up) on their person, which fulfills the purposes of most things you'd put in your pocket: It's a computer, phone, ID, credit card, multimedia center, and connected directly to any other computer device you might own. Oh, and it's form is malleable.

Feel free to fill in any other details yourself, as long as it's sci-fi. Hypothetical tech videos like this one ought to get you in the right frame of mind, just think even more futuristic.

Postby Vegedus » Sat May 14, 2011 6:55 pm

NeoWarrior7 wrote:Actually, kinda sounds like a neat in game thing, learning that you can't keep running away from all your problems, but maybe I've seen too many movies.

Yeah, I've thought of that. Which is why it could work, I just need to know if I can make it work in the context of the RP.

Trying to think of a good weapon, especially that would go with a shield. Speaking of, are there energy shields? What's weapon technology like?

Energy shields? Yes. Laser, plasma, forcefields, the whole shabang. Actual, physical, knight-like shields are used too, though, but of course made of some seriously hard allows and with various tech integrated in them.

As mentioned, there as certain focus on melee weapons among Guardians, though not to the exclusion of firearms. Since each guardian has his own weapon, they tend to be fairly unique, with various gimmicks. Examples are a rocket-powered lance, twin shields with sawblades along the edge, and a blade made of nanomaschines, who repairs it and infest whoever it slashes. Warhammer 40K isn't a bad source of inspiration either, with it's Chainswords and what not.

Only other problem I'd have is traits, especially on a fighter. It's a bit of a new idea for me, really. Not really sure where one should end and the next start.

Playing a fighter, or having having stats for it, or what do you mean? The recap of the traits is that 5 is something personal and important about the character, 4 is a combat style, weapon or power, 3 is an everyday, handyman skill, and 1 is any kind of weakness. Something the character isn't good at.

I'll probably have another example character up tomorrow.
Last edited by Vegedus on Sun May 15, 2011 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iris » Sat May 14, 2011 7:16 pm

I've edited most of my tech, traits 5 and 4, I'll finish on working trait 1 tomorrow when I wake up. I'll fall back to having sever trust issues. Is there anything else I may need to change Vegedus?

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 3:36 am

The tech is issue you've fixed nicely. I hope you'll bring some of that dry humor ('irony award') into the game.

Trait 5 and 4 both works better as traits now, with the added quips, so I think they're fine now.

I'm slightly iffy on trust issues as a weakness. Kinda like paranoia, it's actually a strength if someone IS out to get you. Then again, it's a nice roleplaying hook. Meh, it's fine.

The extra trait could still use some rewording to make it clear what exactly it represent. I think I get it, but I'm not sure it's the same as your vision. You could for instance re-dub it "Preparation": Erroll always got a backup plan.

Postby Tuor » Sun May 15, 2011 3:51 am

So we should use 40k as a reference for weapons? Also, what is clothing like?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 5:31 am

40K, for instance. 40K has cool weapons, so it's a good reference for cool weapons. Plus, the chainsword, along with a gun blade, is pretty representative of my taste in weapons: It's a sword... and a chainsaw, double the awesome! This setting isn't quite as gritty as 40K though, so weapons need not necessarily be as brutal.

Mainly, I made that reference because Neowarrior has Tau in his set, so I knew he'd get it.

Hm, clothing. Fashion is always the part I have the hardest time envisioning for my beloved sci-fi.

Well, formal clothing hasn't changed completely changed. The tuxedo still exist, but comes in quirkier variations, such as with embroidery, fancy patterns and straps.

As mentioned, there's a lot of sub-culture on street level, and there's sub-cultures to sub-cultures. Things get positively freaky. Glowing, morphing tatoos, gene treatment to give animal-like traits, and clothing made out of plastics or metals.

There's a general, everyday fashion of "segmented" clothing. Different pieces of clothing that looks "grafted" in a way similar to how pieces of machinery is. So, for instance a pair of white shorts, with a black legs in thick fabric, fastened to the shorts with thick, metal clamps. In this manner, stiff fabrics, who keep their form instead of conforming to the body, are also commonly combined with regular textiles, kinda like how a tuxedo makes your shoulders look wider than they are.

A fabric called polycloth is quite popular in the underground. It's synthetic and very thick and dense, so much so that it's made thinner over joints. It's hardy, cheap and reasonably comfy, but makes you look kinda blocky.

And lastly, as with so many other things, technology is often directly integrated into the clothing. Nanomaschines can be used to make a shirt that never stains or needs ironing. Colors and shape of the clothes can change dynamically. You can make a psychedelic shirt which weaves and pulses. And ironic, internet t-shirts come in animated versions :P
Last edited by Vegedus on Sun May 15, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iris » Sun May 15, 2011 6:21 am

Hmm, true about the trust issue. I think see if I can think of something that can further expand the first trait.

Edit: There we go, I've altered trait 1.

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 15, 2011 9:56 am

Now with added picture.... LETS HOPE SHE WONT STEP INTO ANY GLASS!
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 9:58 am

Oh, you be tempting me!

And wow. That was more revealing than I had imagined.

Postby Iris » Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 am

I am curious to know the story behind how she convinced Erroll to buy that for her... It would be hilariously amusing and probably awkward for the two of them. But then what's new.

Edit: Also if we are using some inspirations from the 40K universe, I suggest digital weapons. They'd fit in perfectly I think.

Postby Asmodai » Sun May 15, 2011 10:04 am

Vegedus wrote:Oh, you be tempting me!

And wow. That was more revealing than I had imagined.

Is it bad that I actually had a more revealing suit lined up first? But then thought "Wait... I'm not drawing a pornstar right now."
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 10:26 am

Very bad. You and your boobed drawings.
Iris wrote:I am curious to know the story behind how she convinced Erroll to buy that for her... It would be hilariously amusing and probably awkward for the two of them. But then what's new.

You can tell the story in the game if somebody asks :D

Digital weapons? I'm actually not familiar with that part of 40K.

Postby Iris » Sun May 15, 2011 10:40 am

Hehe, I look forward *Cough* I mean, I hope no one asks, the story would be mightily embarrassing for the both of them.

Digital weapons are what the inquisitors occasionally wear, they are concealed weapons (or other mechanisms, such as shields or tracking devices) in the form of rings, necklaces and other small trinkets that are easily hidden.

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 am

Ah. The concept made sense once I found out it's "digital" for "digits", not related to electronics.

Well, sure. It seems feasible for such to exist in the setting. Very small, concealable laser weapon, in various forms. I like my weapons big and obvious myself, but you can have something like that if you want.

Postby Iris » Sun May 15, 2011 10:51 am

Yeah that would be my bad with spelling again :P. I tend to type what I hear, anyway I've got a couple ideas for later in the RP that may aid in picking up Tay's combat slack. After all Erroll will be working on improving his own tech as time goes on.

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 10:55 am

Sounds cool. I think we can use Neo's idea of having your characters on the run to begin with, and them have them fight back as things get serious. You'll also get a chance to change or get new traits at some point in the RP.

And the spellings correct. That's the confusing part. Both words are spelled exactly alike, but mean different things. Digital and Digital.

Postby Iris » Sun May 15, 2011 11:00 am

...How I hate thee English language... you confuse me terribly.

I'll being sending you a Pm about the ideas I had.

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 am

BTW, your new weakness is looking good. I think it can work as a trait. Especially if it also means he gets easily distracted.

*likes the mental image of Erroll getting caught up in thought during a battle and getting face paunched while distracted*

Next

Return to Role Playing