SPN OOC: R.I.P.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

SPN OOC: R.I.P.

Postby Hana » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 pm

SPN

Voted on here by Keiran, Geomancer, Ro Wong, Amaranthine Ali, and Garethcool.

TOC:
Infodump & Sheet - This post
Approved Characters
"Dad's Diary"
Music To Hunt By

"Now listen here, son. You wanna hunt, that's fine by me, butcha gonna get yourself killed if ya rush off half-cocked. Whatcha need to do is research. One, how ya gonna deal with the ghostie? Bullets won't hurt it. Iron'n salt'll make em poof away, but that ain't gonna solve the problem. Naw, whatcha wanna do is find out where the bitch's buried, dig'er up, 'n salt'n burn'er bones. Now if ya wanna thank me, buy me a damned beer."

The supernatural exists. Ghosts, vampires, spirits, malicious gods...All of them are real, and most of them eat people, or at least kill them. Most people don't believe in the things that go bump in the night, but a few, usually those who've lost a loved one to something's dinner, know very well what's going on. These are the people who've forsaken their homes and jobs to take on a more righteous occupation: Hunter.

This is a personal horror game featuring a healthy amount of comedy. It's based on the TV series Supernatural, but a complete knowledge of the series is not required. In fact, all PCs will start off with extremely basic knowledge, so even if you are a fan of the series, be prepared to have your character bumble around a bit. It's part of the formula.

Allusions to pop culture are a must, as are one liners and snarky comments. Collaboration between players to create family units is very much encouraged.

(Addendum from Idea Thread: After thinking and thinking again, and then having a friend that doesn't watch SPN read over what I had, I decided that to include more information would be futile. For those that know the series, it would be redundant, and for those that don't, well...It would be a disservice, because their characters will learn anything they need to know in-game. )

Character Application
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Birthday:[/b] (Day, month)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Hunters are usually pretty scruffy-looking, but can be either suave or wholesome. Details are really important here. Jewelry, scars, tattoos, whether your forehead crinkles up all weird like Sam's does when he's worried, etc. Get into the minutia. Most characters in the show have a appearance schtick, like Bobby's trucker hats or the fact that Sam and Dean rarely change clothes.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Self-explanatory. Be thorough. Anger issues, dislikes, likes, often-used nicknames for others, etc all goes here.)

[b]History:[/b] (Keep it short and concise. How did you become a Hunter. Are you grouped with any of the other PCs in a hunting or family unit?)

[b]Theme Song:[/b] (Read the second paragraph [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_%28TV_series%29#Music]here[/url] to understand the weight of classic rock. You don't [i]have[/i] to use a classic rock song, but it would fit with the musical themes of the show if you did.)

[b]Do you mind if your character is/becomes something supernatural?[/b] (Yes/no question here. Examples include being one of the Special Children, becoming possessed for a long period of time, turning into a vampire or other creature, becoming a vessel, etc. You as a player cannot actively CHOOSE to be any of these things. You can just tell me you don't mind it and see where the game goes.)

[b]RP Example:[/b]
(Pick at least TWO of the prompts below and write. Write in the same writing style that you will use for the RP. Don't pare down or conflate anything. Just write how you would if you were already playing the game.)

[b]RP Example Prompts[/b]
(You can delete this section of the sheet after you've completed the Example.)
Death
Revenge
Chocolate
Johnny Walker Blue
Impala
Sunshine
Separation
Obsession
Religion
Out of Ammo
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Approved Characters

Postby Hana » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 pm

Approved Characters
Sylus "Snakes" Nakes - Ro Wong
Grant T. Barclay - Garethcool
Robin Macmillan - Berry-tan
Sam "Twitch" Williams - Asmodai
Benigno "Nino/Maxi’" Maks - Keiran
Samantha Winston - My_Little_Sister

In-Progress Sheets
No Name Yet - Akaine
Mark Gunderson -Tuor
Anthony "Tony" Conley - Elend X
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

"Dad's Diary" - Information you might know!

Postby Hana » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 pm

"Dad's Diary" - Information you might know!

People
  • Bobby Singer
    • Veteran hunter
    • Owns Singer Salvage Yard
    • Numbers for Business Cards
      • Health Department - Lou Dunbar
      • Police - Pete Lovell
      • CDC - Frank Castle
      • FBI - Tom Willis
      • Federal Marshall - Bill Wagner
  • The Winchesters
    • John - veteran hunter
    • Sam & Dean - John's sons
  • Meredith "Merry" Lear
  • J.B. Beretta
  • "Red"
  • Zeke
  • Elijah
  • Gabriel Brooks

Locations
  • Singer Salvage Yard
    • Sioux Falls, SD
  • The Devil's Trap
    • Bar outside of Blackwell, OK
    • Well-known in hunter circles

Monsters
  • Ghosts
  • Risen Dead Things
  • Bloodsuckers
  • Shapeshifters
  • Demonic Entities
  • Gods
  • Other
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Music to Hunt By

Postby Hana » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Music to Hunt By
Here is a (by no means exhaustive) list of mood music for the game:

AC/DC - "Back in Black," "Hell's Bells," "Highway to Hell," "You Shook Me All Night Long"
Alice in Chains - "Rooster"
The Allman Brothers Band - "Ramblin' Man"
The Animals - "House of the Rising Sun"
Asia - "Heat of the Moment"
Bachman-Turner Overdrive - "Hey You," "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"
Bad Company - "Bad Company," "Crazy Circles," "Movin' On," "She Brings Me Love"
Billy Squier - "Lonely is the Night," "Too Daze Gone"
Black Sabbath - "Paranoid"
Blue Oyster Cult - "Burnin' for You," "Don't Fear the Reaper," "Fire of Unknown Origin"
Bob Dylan - "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
The Bob Seger System - "Lucifer," "Two Plus Two"
Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
Boston - "Don't Look Back," "Foreplay/Long Time," "Peace of Mind"
The Chamber Brothers - "Time Has Come Today"
Cheap Trick - "Surrender"
Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Bad Moon Rising," "Lodi," "Run Through The Jungle"
Def Leppard - "Rock of Ages"
The Doobie Brothers - "Long Train Runnin'"
The Doors - "The Crystal Ship"
Filter - "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
Focus - "Hocus Pocus"
Foreigner - "Cold as Ice," "Hot Blooded"
Free - "All Right Now"
Grand Funk Railroad - "Bad Time," "We're an American Band"
Iron Butterfly - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
Jefferson Airplane - "White Rabbit"
Joe Walsh - "Rocky Mountain Way," "Turn to Stone," "Walk Away"
Journey - "Wheel in the Sky"
Kansas - "Carry on Wayward Son"
Kip Winger - "Smoking Gun"
Les Paul & Mary Ford - "Vaya Con Dios"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Down South Jukin'," "Poison Whiskey," "Saturday Night Special"
Metallica - "Enter Sandman," "One"
Motorhead - "Ace of Spades"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Road to Nowhere"
Poison - "Every Rose Has Its Thorn"
QueenSryche - "Silent Lucidity"
Quiet Riot - "Bang your Head (Metal Health)"
Ratt - "Round and Round"
REO Speedwagon - "Back on the Road Again," "Can't Fight This Feeling"
The Rolling Stones - "Laugh," "I Nearly Died"
Rush - "Fly By Night," "Working Man"
The Scorpions - "No One Like You"
Screamin' Jay Hawkins - "I Put a Spell on You"
Screaming Trees - "Look at You"
Son House - "Downhearted Blues"
Soundgarden - "Fell on Black Days"
Spinal Tap - "Stonehenge"
Steve Carlson Band - "If It Ain't Easy," "Night Life"
Steve Winwood - "Can't Find My Way Home"
Stevie Ray Vaughan - "House is Rocking"
The Stooges - "Down in the Street"
Styx - "Renegade"
Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"
Three Dog Night - "Shambala"
Tito and Tarantula - "Strange Face of Love"
Triumph - "Fight the Good Fight"
UFO - "Rock Bottom"
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Re: SPN Setup

Postby Hana » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Open for business!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Re: SPN OOC: Accepting Chuckleheads Now

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Dad's diary?

Postby Hana » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Cutesy show-tie-in way for me to include a faq, important NPCs, and integral information in the OOC. In the beginning of the show, they refer to their dad's diary for a lot of their research on how to kill monsters and who to contact and whatnot.

Yeah, I'm a nerd.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh, that's right. C: Awesome.

SUPERNATURAL RP EPISODES!

Postby Tuor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:59 am

CS Away!
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Belwicket » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 am

Name: Samantha Winston
Birthday: 07/01

Appearance: She is short, standing at only five feet tall, and is always wearing black leather, including gloves. Her shirt is skin tight and long-sleeved, no design, with a vest over it as well as pants that cling to her legs and a very short miniskirt. Her boots come over her pants and stop mid-shin. Her pale skin is nearly almost covered by her clothes. When she takes off her helmet, her dark brown hair,--almost black,--seems to surround her face like a frame on a picture, complimenting by her chocolate brown eyes. She is not very curvy, but that doesn't make her any less pretty. She also always has a black backpack on her back which carries her non-weaponry gear, including, but not limited to, her journal and other books as well as her computer and rations.

Very rarely (if ever) is she seen without her bike, pitch black and small, built for speed, as it is her only means of transportation. She doesn’t know much about the bike other than her parents built it from scratch, as well as the one her father had used.

Personality: She is not an easy girl to piss off and can usually keep her cool even in the toughest of situations. The only thing that will make her show rage is demons. She keeps her emotions well hidden around others and only lets them out when she's alone or with someone she can trust. She's sometimes considered a loner but prefers the company of others, though it is sometimes difficult to earn her trust.

She also loves to write. She records everything in a journal of her own, any information she gets, any demons she kills, anything that happens, it goes in her journal, though it pales in comparison to the journal of Sam and Dean's dad. She is hoping to one day turn it into a book.

The one thing she does that nobody else seems to understand is that when she finishes a battle, she will place a cross in the ground, signifying the deaths of innocent people. She is not Christian but often does things that would make her seem so. The crosses are an example. Another good example, she often carries a bible in her backpack.

She dislikes coffee and tea, drinking Mtn Dew more. She loves animals but is also wary of which animals she approaches. The only things she fear are fear and heights. She loves pizza, more meat is better. When traveling, she gives her mother’s maiden name to the authorities, Ashley Jenson.

History: She had a fine life until she came home one night to find a man with pitch black eyes standing over the shredded bodies of her parents. She looked at the claw marks across their chests and clenched her teeth. She leapt at him, hoping to kill him but he knocked her against the wall before he laughed maniacally and ran out the door. His voice echoed as he ran, “You are not my target! Don’t put yourself on my list!” She knew the cops would blame her if she called them claiming it was a man with black eyes. Her parents had taught her very little about demons but enough that she knew what to do. Her parents had warned her of one of the rooms they kept locked and now it was time for her to find out what was inside. It had been filled with special weapons, a pair of blades made of iron, bullets filled with salt, too many guns for one girl to carry, and a single book. Inside were stories of the adventures her parents had before she was born, the life they gave up to raise her. After that day, she began living on the road.

Theme Song: Our Truth by Lacuna Coil

Do you mind if your character is/becomes something supernatural? I'm alright with it but I'd rather she didn't. I will leave this choice to you.

RP Example:

Sam rode her bike through the sunlit streets of a small town, trying to ignore her growling stomach. It had been a couple days since her last meal. "Gotta find somewhere to eat." she said to herself as she pulled her bike into a gas station to refill it. After getting her gas and paying the man behind the counter, she saw something she hadn't eaten in a long time, chocolate. She grabbed 3 candy bars, each different, and set them on the counter with a smile, her growling stomach almost echoing through the nearly empty store. The man shook his head and rang up the chocolate. After paying for it, she tore into the first bar with a moan. She pocketed the other two before heading out the door, back to her bike to finish eating. It didn't take long and she was once again riding her bike in the sunshine.
Last edited by Belwicket on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 am

Sis, I'd like a lot more personality. Like, really get down into the quirks of who the character is, so I know what to throw at her.

History needs at least a little more. How'd she escape? Did the demon just poof away? How'd she learn what the demon was and begin her hunt? Were her parents hunters or civvies? Stuff like that.

The RP example isn't bad, but it's not great. The fighting could use more description and sentence variation, but it's by far not the worst I've seen. Fairly good grammar and few misspellings. The main bad point is that it's way too over-the-top, though.

I'm going to PM you a little lore that may help you rewrite/improve your sheet.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:46 am

I knew it wasn't that good but I didn't know what I could do to make it better. Thanks for the advice, though. ^_^
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:13 am

Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:18 am

What the heck is that?

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 am

A hint, a mystery, and me being goofy, all at the same time. ^_~
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Keiran » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:54 pm

I shall make one, soonish.

Postby Belwicket » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:14 am

I don't know what else I'm missing. I know it's not done and I need more, I just don't know what.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:47 am

Just ask Hana
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:41 am

I'll send you an in-depth PM soon, MLS.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Akaine » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:16 pm

Hmm, this attracts me :D I'll have a CS up asap fo' sho'.
WIP CS HERE:
Name:
Birthday: August 13th

Appearance: She's a tall muscular woman, just short of six feet, with the build of one that's always been in shape and more than enough scars to show her job's description. Her hair is black and cut short into a faux-hawk(that can be styled into a cute pixie cut in case she needs to dress like a civilian), which makes it harder for an opponent to grab and yank her around. Under her very dark green eyes, are lines from insomnia, and her skin in slightly tanned from working outside.

She has a flat stomach and no piercings: they'd get in the way of fighting...but tattoos? She's covered. Infinity symbol boldly taking over most of her left hip, music notes behind her right ear, colored sleeves on both arms (The right forearm arm is covered with a tally of all of her captures/kills, with plenty of room for more, and the upper arm is covered with waves from the cover of Pearl S. Buck's "the great wave" book. On her left arm, there's a full moon on the top of her shoulder, with dark clouds around it, a scene of a graveyard, and on the left forearm, there's a huge peace sign colored in a dark green over the top of her wrist, and a snake coiled around the rest of the arm that turns into a dragon near the tail end.). On her right hand, there's a tattoo of a black ring on her middle finger, and on her pinky is a red ring. On her ankles, she has a think band of blue tattooed there, much like the ones from Mugen/Samurai Champloo. And finally, on her right knee cap is the tattoo in golden oranges and yellows, of the sun.

As for scars, she has a multitude of light, small scars all over her body, particularly those on her hands, knees, elbows and feet. She has a large scar from a laceration on her right hip/butt cheek that's a nice shade of spider-webby silk. Another identifying scar would be the one that splits her eyebrow, slightly at an angle, as if somebody was trying to cut her head in two with a diagonal slash. She also has calluses on her fingertips and palms from working out, writing, and fighting.

The usual outfit would be a loose-fitting v-neck t-shirt over a tight tanktop, both of either black or blue, black underarmor pants, (occasionally switched out for slightly loose rough jean shorts in warmer weather). In cold weather, she wears underarmor pants, longsleeve underarmor shirt, and whatever warmer clothes she can find at a cheap price: nothing lasts long when blood-covered. She always has a pair of aviators: either the silver reflecting, or the clear brown variant and they're usually over her eyes, but once in a while, she'll put them on her forehead instead. Of course, they almost always get broken, but she manages to acquire another pair almost immediately. Her nails are usually done in a light shell pink, that they almost blend in with her skin tone, which is a nice shade of pasty with a hint of insomnia.

When somebody gets her mad(a rare occurrence), her brows scrunch up and attempt to touch, but are always about an inch apart. The rest of the time, her face is relaxed and looks bored, despite the fact that she's always thinking about one thing or another. The only time when she looks super serious is when she's distracted by a book, and she's unable to finish reading it at the moment. The only time that her guard appears to be down is when she's doing her nails; she looks surprisingly carefree.

As far as cleanliness goes, she likes to remain clean and showers regularly, and wears Bath & Body Works white tea and ginger perfume when she feels like it. While this isn't very good for hiding when she's being the hunted instead of the hunter, it's a small vanity (like the nail polish) that she allows herself.

Personality: She will, by no means, let anyone wear her sunglasses. As far as she views it, they're hers, and one of her precious things that she'll get pissed off if somebody messes with them. Much in the same way that most people get miffed if people mess with someone's hat or hoodie repeatedly...except she uses violence.

She's usually not one to be overly violent (sunglasses excluded) since she'd rather use brains to get out of a bad situation unless it can't be helped, unless she's on the job, then it's a free-for-all. She often stops by the Devil's trap for a beer if she's reading a book, or something much stronger after a rough job.

She tends to bite her lips to the point of bleeding unless she has some sort of chapstick on her, just because she's bored. When she meets other people for the first time, she's very stiff, as though she was begrudging a possible friendship, or guarding herself from a hidden foe. For 'damsels in distress', she usually calls them 'blondie' even if they're not blonde, which is ridiculous, but she figures that "If you're going to act like a bimbo, then you're going to be treated like one." To those people that she respects, she is willing to follow orders, but will always use her brain instead of following orders like a blind sheep. For the large number of people that she dislikes, she usually gives them nasty nicknames based off o the traits that she dislikes about them. For example, if somebody does nothing but boss her around with no idea of what they're doing, then she'll call them a "chick" or "Chicken" because they're acting like a chicken with it's head cut off, running their mouths without a brain to direct it. etc.

She has a respect for nature and animal's lives, despite her sometimes grisly job, and it might have even multiplied her appreciation for life.

History:
(Keep it short and concise. How did you become a Hunter. Are you grouped with any of the other PCs in a hunting or family unit?)

Theme Song: Wild Child- Wasp Oh man, the big hair :D

Do you mind if your character is/becomes something supernatural? No, torture her, please.

RP Example:
(Pick at least TWO of the prompts below and write. Write in the same writing style that you will use for the RP. Don't pare down or conflate anything. Just write how you would if you were already playing the game.)

RP Example Prompts
(You can delete this section of the sheet after you've completed the Example.)
Death
Revenge
Chocolate
Johnny Walker Blue
Impala
Sunshine
Separation
Obsession
Religion
Out of Ammo
Last edited by Akaine on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Kemious » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Wait when did Hana comeback? Save me a spot!
The Dinobots can combine! What they combine to is death!

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/d/d2/The_B ... 2_full.jpg

Postby Hana » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Been a few weeks now, hehe.

I look forward to seeing what you guys will throw at me!

MLS, I haven't forgotten you. I've just been doing the family thing. I will be PMing you, but it may have to wait until Monday for me to really get in-depth into working on it.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Ok, thanks, Hana.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:55 pm

I lied. Check your inbox now, MLS.

....What? Don't look at me like that! The boys were playing vidja games. I had the time!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Garethcool » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Peekaboo~
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Next

Return to Role Playing