The Plummet Of Hinden - Out of Character - Sign-ups [Closed]

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Plummet Of Hinden - Out of Character - Sign-ups [Open]

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Hana wrote:Sondheim was a pedo? Where did you hear that?

My folklore professor.

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 pm

It's a mashup of fairy tales including Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Little Red Riding Hood. Everything goes to hell and then ends happily ever after at the intermission, and then in the second act goes even FURTHER to hell.

Has my favorite line ever from a musical:
Prince Charming (to Cinderella after she finds out he cheated on her): "I was raised to be charming, not sincere!"
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby sam4books » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Sweet.

I'll add it to my list of things to watch :3
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:20 pm

It hadn't been performed as often, despite being a good production, because of this fact.

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm

...That's odd, because I was completely unaware of the fact and I've seen it about a bazillion times...I even worked on a KC Rep showing of it...

And my research does not show any evidence of Sondheim being a pedo. Sauce please?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Talk to my professor.

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:56 pm

For into the woods, I had to sing about Giant Boobs as Jack, so more likely I would think its all about fetishism.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:19 pm

A story doesn't have to reflect a writer's own beliefs.

Postby Garethcool » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Into the woods, Into the woods~!

I got to watch it as part of my choir class a few years back. It included an anatomically correct wolf costume.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Yeah...the Wolf is a pedo for Lil' Red.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:10 pm

That's the version I saw in Folklore.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:50 am

"Here's a good one."
Tyrn knelt down in the thick undergrowth, deftly brushing aside the moss entangling the telltale purple shoot of the Otrin plant, revealing its bulbous root. Luftshroom forests, naturally, didn't contain any dirt, but the thick patches of moss allowed sufficient amounts of water and nutrients to collect for plants such as these to flourish. Being an abhorrent of technology for years, coupled with his natural dexterity and balance, had quickly led to Tyrn to the decision to become a forager. Surprisingly tall, even for an Aeran, he was also a natural climber. Whipping his shoulder-length brown hair out of his face, he realized that he had been speaking into an empty glade yet again. Well it's not as if there's anyone else for me to talk to, he thought sardonically as he cut the bulb free of the undergrowth. Ever since his arrival in Hinden Tyrn had been forced by his natural shyness to blend into the luftwork, so to speak. Moving from one village to another was rather rare, due to the tedious amount of work involved in transportation and lack of credible reasons to leave one's home village in the first place, but as fate would have it this was exactly what had recently happened to the Kaedis's.

Tyrn's mother, a quiet, considerate woman, had officially left her position as an innkeeper in a close neighboring city, Aeloch, to "provide a better atmosphere for her children to be raised in." Better atmosphere my ass. It was his uncle, Reagas, who was to blame for the unwanted disruption in his life. Ever since his father's "unfortunate fall" on their two-man ray hunting expedition, Reagas had constantly been shooting lewd stares in his mother's direction, prompting her to "move on" and "find another man." Well, Meara had had her own ideas about that. Doubtless fearing for the safety of both her and her son, she had taken Tyrn with her and fled to this place. A place where the people were all strangers, and no matter how he strove to overcome his bashfulness, Tyrn couldn't put two words together around his peers. Maybe this forest is where I belong. I have the skills; perhaps it would be better for me to just live out here forever.

Interrupting his brooding, a Worker Munkant popped its head out of a nearby bough, wiggling its barbed antennae as it sampled the unfamiliar scent. Munkants weren't especially aggressive, even if provoked, so Tyrn knew he had nothing to fear so long as he refrained from crawling into this particular luftshroom. Still kneeling, he made a gesture at the Munkant, making protracted clicking sounds while doing so. Antennae still rippling, the Munkant scurried up the sheer bark face of the gigantic mushroom. A few seconds later, several bright yellow fruit dropped onto the ground at Tyrn's feet. Being alone with nature all day does have its benefits he mused, pulling the stem off of and indulgently biting into the fruit's soft exterior.

On a whim, he took the smallest of the fruit that had dropped and tossed it forcefully upwards. Quickly unshouldering his bow and nocking a single long arrow, he sighted along the carved marks in the bow and let loose in one smooth motion. Jogging over to the impaled fruit some thirty yards away, Tyrn pulled the arrow free and wiped the chiseled tip free of juice. Don't wanna get sloppy. You never know when you'll need a bow. While not his only memento of his father's, the well-worn bow was certainly his favorite and most prized. Having been designed for his grandfather, it nonetheless fit his frame like a glove. Suddenly noticing the rapidly deepening dusk, Tyrn grabbed his pack, took one last fruit and started briskly on his return to the village he now had to call his home.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:29 am

Iris wrote:Remember that in the FMA universe it was stated that automail works because they are able to get cables to the brain that act like the nerve system. It's one of the jokes if you'll remember that Winry at times enables the cables when Ed least expects it. Hence the sudden pain.

But as this is BR's world, he might have different views on how a prosthetic limb works. For all you know it could be a tradition prosthetic.

I do remember that, one of the funniest parts of the series.

And I was asking BR to see if it was like FMA or if it was more like traditional. If like FMA, I was thinking of replacing 1 or 2, or possibly, though doubtfully, all, with prosthetics. If not, just 1/2 an arm, just past the elbow, into a blade of some sort.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Mathias » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Oh, no, BeeAre! Your RP! D:

Postby BeeAre » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:39 pm

i have been having some rough days, which is why i have not been updating. even right now. Pain.

a prosthetic in this universe would be traditional, however: there is an association of trama or psychological factor with losing a limb. Diseases here are mostly environmental in nature, anti-biotics are not in wide supply, medical practice is far and few.

the result of this is: if you have more than one prosthesis, you are mostly going to be associated with the accident/cause of those prostheses. In a small town like Hinden, that might allow some outside the box thinking to adjust one of these false limbs to be more useful, but it wouldn't be very far along.

Prosthesis equals medicine equals therapy equals introspection equals belief equals religion, the chain links very easily. This is why medicine is so rare: it is poorly regarded. People here get sick from sources, plagues and fevers are fought until unavoidable. The people here are highly critical of beliefs without substantiation; they live in the sky, they have historical record pointing to a great calamity and experience its effects every day!

The Thondor, a gigantic and now believed mythical creature from before this cataclysm, played a big role in the delivery of the weather from The Creator, The Great Spirit, God, what have you. This belief is still held to by some of the more prominent family blood lines, but most people have become a bit jaded philosophically--it's why everyone is so good at intuition in this world. They don't like to be introspective, so they avoid it, and it helps them redirect inward thoughts out into their environment. This is a society of projection.

A prosthesis or any sort, arm, leg, maybe even an organ system, would mean this person has to deal with the demons of the world, as it were: they have to think about themselves in a way that perpetuates personal philosophy, because they would have to be alone, resting while everyone is out doing things.

I find this world allows for a great deal of adventure because of it, which is why I am starting with this concept out of the interrelated concepts I have (let the speculation begin). The tendency of us all in an RP to reflect on the actions as they come to us is exaggerated here, in a world that is the result of exaggeration.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:23 am

BR, it's kinda tricky to make a character for your RP, seeing as I have no writing experience or imagination, nor any free time at all, ever.

Huh. Seems this post didn't get the reaction I thought it would.

Oh well. I'll start thinking up my character now.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Belwicket » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 am

Thanks for the explanation, BR. If I decided to go with only part of her arm?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby BeeAre » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:01 pm

My_Little_Sister wrote:Thanks for the explanation, BR. If I decided to go with only part of her arm?

Like what, a hand? that's easy enough. a finger, too.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Asmodai » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:05 pm

"Clean up those tools, Rose. Watch those gauges, Rose." It was her best impression of Ani, which wasn't all that good. Unless of course Ali suddenly had a very high pitched whiney voice. "Unload those crates, Rose." Which was her current task.

She didn't get it, why was she unloading these crates? There were some dock workers sitting right there. Doing nothing if she may add! They were oogling her, something she normally wouldn't mind. But not right now, not when she was carrying a heavy crate filled with god-knows-what. Placing the crate on the ground, through the knees not the back, the men started to whistle. She let out a long sigh and closed her eyes, leaning on the crate she had placed on the ground, which only provoked more whistling. Didn't these men have anything better to do?

An idea slipped into her mind, a devious idea, a cunning idea. But it would require some acting. Slowly she lifted herself upwards again, pretending as if this little crate weighed a ton. Arching her back, making sure to stick out her chest as much as possible. She stretched with a loud moan, carefully keeping the group of dockworkers in the corner of her eye. One of the younger men, under the encouragement of his colleagues, stood up and started to move towards her 'Gotcha.'

"Well hello there pretty miss." The man wasn't all that bad looking. Dark brown hair, a rugged skin and he was fairly muscular. "A pretty lady like you shouldn't be carrying such weights around." He was a smooth talker, too bad he was up against an even bigger one. She put up her most innocent face "Oh, but I have to get all these crates unloaded within the hour or else my boss will get mad at me again." like that would happen, Az most likely didn't even know Ani put her up to this. "You know, me and the boys got some time to spare." the man was smiling broadly, nice white teeth "We could give you a hand with this." Rose clapped her hands together and made a little jump "Would you really do that for me?" Men were so easy.

It would've taken Rose around 45 minutes to unload the cargo hold, mostly small crates. The larger ones were obviously handles by crane. The dockworkers managed to do it in 20. She was sitting casually on top of one of the larger crates, enjoying the sun, when the younger dockworker approached her again. He was sweating and looked rather flushed, he had probably tried to impress her by doing the work as fast as possible. "We.... We're done unloading." He was trying to hide the fact that he was out of breath, it was kinda endearing really.

Nimbly Rose jumped off the crate, landing before the man. She brushed past him to see if they were really done, and they were. With a broad smile she turned back to the man, who genuinely seemed proud of himself. Ani never mentioned anything about work after this, so as far as Rose was concerned, she was free now. She liked to explore towns. Since every town was so isolated from the others, it made them pretty diverse yet similar. Sometimes you would stumble across little things that were so simple, yet so ingenious. Her toolkit was filled with all sorts of weird looking tools, some of which she didn't even remember what they did.

With another jump, this time a bit more energetic, she hugged the man and kissed his cheek. "Ooooooh thank you!" and with that she suddenly ran off, towards the town. Leaving a very bedazzled man in her wake. If there was going to be any trouble, it was Ani' problem now. Her job was done, now it was time for some fun!

Another dockworker, an older man this time, who had helped with unloading the crates moved next to the younger dockworker. The younger dockworker stood there frozen, hand on his cheek. The older dockworker scratched the back of his head "So... Eeuhm... Does this mean we're not getting paid?"
Mephobiac

Postby BeeAre » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:20 pm

we're shaping up to be a fine cast of characters. I'll leave sign-ups open for a few more days and then I will begin posting our opening scenes.
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby dragoonofdeath » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:57 am

Sweetness. I think I need to flesh out my guy a bit more, seems weak compared to the others.

Then again hes a techology inept metalworker. What's there to flesh out?
PONIES, PONIES EVERYWHERE
Blood Lord wrote:
dragoonofdeath wrote:Am I the only one here thats not a grammar nazi?

Only when you log on.

Postby Fummoffu » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:52 am

Pulling out of the RP.
Just make her jump off the ship or be an NPC.
I don't really care.
Last edited by Fummoffu on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Iris » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:59 am

Awww, sorry to see you go bro.

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:40 am

BeeAre wrote:
My_Little_Sister wrote:Thanks for the explanation, BR. If I decided to go with only part of her arm?

Like what, a hand? that's easy enough. a finger, too.

Half an arm, just below the elbow.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Fummoffu » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Forget my previous post. Having a difficult time at the moment.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing