The Plummet Of Hinden - Out of Character - Sign-ups [Closed]

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: The Plummet Of Hinden - Out of Character - Sign-ups [Open]

Postby Mathias » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:47 pm

I should make a character if only for the art.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby sam4books » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:14 pm

"I'm going out now Trisha!"

The loud voice of her flirtatious sister caused Trisha to wince, as she pricked a finger with the sharp end of her tiny needle. Her sister practically danced across the floor, with the grace of a doe from the forest, something Tisha never seen, nor did she believe would see. The loveliest of ladies, with mean kissing the tips of her long delicate fingers. Trisha looked at her own fingers, which were the fingers of a woman who stayed home and worked all day instead of hosting parties like rich young ladies would.

She was a seamstress, and a caretaker, all rolled into one. Every day one of her brothers would earn a rip or a tear from hard labor in the farm, and every morning and night she would spend her time mending these rips or tears. And when she's not doing that, she is waking the children, sending them off to school, one by one, and tending to her second eldest sister's children, wherever she may be at the moment. It seemed years since she ran off with that con man, who insisted he was an honest adventurer. He seemed foreign, strange, and altogether untrustworthy, with that hidden smirk written across those bearded lips. Three children, she had left her, each far more terrible than the last. Often did her family give her trouble whenever they wailed hours into the night, and neighbors too, who beat at the doorway to announce their displeasure with the largest group of related peoples that mankind has seen. Hardly did she ever get to produce a dress or skirt for her own pleasure, leaving her to her dull and mangy dress and veil which she fashioned on a hot summer's night. It was with this veil that she hid her face from society.

Roundly angled, a flat wort or two on her chin, dull brown eyes with bags forming under them, and an untidy mess of wavy brown hair. For her, to look at oneself in the mirror each day was a tragedy. As she looked upon her dancing doe of a sister, she wondered what faraway land she might have been borne to obtain such beauty. Every single person in her family was hardy and strong, it did not make sense to her how such a roughly built tree can produce such a flower. To say that she was jealous was a vast understatement. There were many times in her life that she would try on her sister's dress to see if wearing it would magically transform her body. But alas, she would only discover, much to her dismay, that her sister's clothes did not fit.

"Where will you be heading sister? If you don't mind me asking."

"Ooooh", responded Alfinia with a coy smile, "A place, a special place, in a special area at a special time."

"Will you be seeing that daredevil of a man again?" Trisha asked, ignoring her sister's playful mood. She was afraid she'd have to mend another dress tonight.

"Oh no, sister. Where do you get such silly ideas?" The playful doe engaged herself in picking a flower from the vase by the window, testing to see which flower would look good with her outfit. "I am single" she insisted. Trisha rolled her eyes at this, and sighed quietly to herself as her sister exited the home, which was built on manpower alone by her great grandfather. She hoped that she wouldn't go out to search for crystals, her sister's natural curiosity and naivete had no bounds. Surely one of these days she would cause great harm to herself and her family, like the second eldest Pamilia once did. Soon her brothers would awaken, and head out into the fields to do their work. She was not yet done mending the eldest brother, Kel's work shirt yet, and although she knew that he was kind to his sisters she did not want to disappoint anybody. As her father once told her, "Honor, above all else, must be kept sacred." But no matter how much she cared for her family, she did not want to stay in the house for long.

When Pamilia was still inside the house, she used to tell stories that she heard from men she messed around with. They were tales of adventure, of vast mountain ridges and exotic beasts. Trisha had never looked at a mountain before, so it was curious to her to here such tales. Sometimes, on her way to the market to fetch some food for her family, she heard old drunk men tell of their adventures to skeptical pedestrians. Sometimes she would stop by to listen, before the other man would shoo her away.

Ever since her mother died, it has been hard to realize these dreams. She found work at a local sweatshop where she found decent pay for schooling, but it was becoming more and more of a bearing on her shoulders to continue her studies. How long would this kind of life continue, and when will things begin to change?
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Asmodai » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:38 am

Oh I've been meaning to ask this... sorry if it's already covered, I have not yet read everything... but what exactly do people use for ammunition in guns? Because I can imagine that bullets aren't that easy to come by, in a world all torn up (literally).
Harpoons? Or other objects fired by air pressure (I had an idea for a metal crusher that compresses scrap into balls, to be fired from a air pressured rifle.)
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Garethcool » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 am

I'll be joining this, as soon as my PM'd query is given an answer.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Belwicket » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:17 pm

BeeAre wrote:
My_Little_Sister wrote:What are the limits on prosthetics? Maximum number of limbs? Weapons hidden in them?

reminder, you are a young adult: your backstory would have to be rather specific and outlandishly tragic to achieve multiple organ failures/limb amputations and THEN to further WEAPONIZE them.

I was thinking she could have possibly had both her legs blown off by a land mine or something and her arms chopped off when she was a kid by a psychopath... Would that work?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby BeeAre » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Ammunition: Guns are fairly reliable and accurate, but people still use the bow and arrow for day to day situations with hunting game. Guns are seen as special situation-type tools, since bullets take some effort to make--However, this being a world of innovation, air guns are becoming more and more popular. Real guns are still distant and frightening.

I'm going to say that radio has been invented maybe two, three decades prior, but is not popular yet--Some folks have short-waves, the big cities have a network, most licensed ships and city councils have one, but they aren't 24 hour easy listening yet.

I am fascinated by the "dangers and trials of high-society" spin, Sam. I wonder where we'll go with it. :0)

MLS, that is WAY too much story and nuance for someone's physical characterization. Too much chance to start the story with in a way that won't make the character caught up in their emotions without some finagling. Let's instead finagle the circumstances themselves. I have a few ideas, myself, if you're at a loss, but I don't want to just immediately step on you with what you CAN do since I am telling you what you cannot. :0)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby sam4books » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:57 pm

BeeAre wrote:I am fascinated by the "dangers and trials of high-society" spin, Doctress. I wonder where we'll go with it. :0)

I'm confused. Are you talking to me? Or... :/
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby BeeAre » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:00 pm

sam4books wrote:
BeeAre wrote:I am fascinated by the "dangers and trials of high-society" spin, Doctress. I wonder where we'll go with it. :0)

I'm confused. Are you talking to me? Or... :/

o.

yes.

sorry. you are both fummo-drawn ponies. D:
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby sam4books » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Lol. It's alright xD

In passing

Postby Fummoffu » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 am

May we have early record players?
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:23 am

BeeAre wrote:MLS, that is WAY too much story and nuance for someone's physical characterization. Too much chance to start the story with in a way that won't make the character caught up in their emotions without some finagling. Let's instead finagle the circumstances themselves. I have a few ideas, myself, if you're at a loss, but I don't want to just immediately step on you with what you CAN do since I am telling you what you cannot. :0)

So I can't have both arms and both legs replaced? How about arms or legs? Or 1 of each?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Iris » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 am

You know if you lost both arms and legs you'd be dead due to blood loss in a matter of seconds right? Especially if your character lost them so early. Losing one limb at an early age is hard enough, losing more ends up being extraordinarily traumatic physically and mentally.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 am

Yeah. You're basically fucked, mentally and physically.

Postby Belwicket » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 am

The limbs wouldn't work like automail?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Iris » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:39 am

Remember that in the FMA universe it was stated that automail works because they are able to get cables to the brain that act like the nerve system. It's one of the jokes if you'll remember that Winry at times enables the cables when Ed least expects it. Hence the sudden pain.

But as this is BR's world, he might have different views on how a prosthetic limb works. For all you know it could be a tradition prosthetic.

Postby Asmodai » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 am

Because Fummo challenged me... and I dont turn down a challenge!

But this is NSFW... Sorta
Rose is not just a namesake. She lives by that name! Beautiful to behold, but get to close and you'll feel the thorns. That, and the tattoo of course.
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 am

Will it work if I challenge you to draw Telai? Hehe.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Asmodai » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:02 am

I only have one thing to say Hana...

Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:04 am

Gnawsome*!

*Gnarly + Awesome
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 am

No, you meant "capable of being gnawed upon."
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby sam4books » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 am

Hey guys I'm tempted to draw Trisha as a character from every musical I can think of that has a cliche young lady who dreams of something more.

Amongst these are:
The Sound of Music
Fiddler on the Roof
Westside Story

Should I?
In passing

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:33 am

Into the Woods?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:52 am

Haha, Into the Woods. Written by a pedophile.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Sondheim was a pedo? Where did you hear that?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby sam4books » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:09 pm

Never heard of Into the Woods.

But now I am curious. What's it about?
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing