Hunter X Hunter RP OOC *Sign ups Open!*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Hunter X Hunter RP OOC *Sign ups Open!*

Postby Regalus » Fri May 06, 2011 10:51 am

No you made a good point, no need to be coy about it. Besides a little crazy is always nice to have while trying to be creative.

Postby Belwicket » Sat May 07, 2011 4:22 am

Hana wrote:Ah, but what if by "put her parents into retirement" she means to kill them? >_>

Doesn't make them less important, but it DOES turn the background on its ear!

Don't mind me. I'm just a little insane lately.

I could see it meaning that for another character but not Sapphire. She wouldn't "kill" them, she'd wait until they were... dying... and "put them out of their misery".

EDIT: i've edited Sapphire, Regalus, and used about... half of your questions, some of them were unnecessary because of the answers of other questions. Looking at the sheet myself, it looks much better, but I am a noob compared to you. Your opinion?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Regalus » Sat May 07, 2011 1:13 pm

It seems pretty good now; though I have a few nitpicks. Mostly it's that hunter exams aren't written. There's no real training. Usually you travel to the site of the preliminaries and have to pass a series of physical, mental and sometimes ethical tests in order to make it to the end and pass. There aren't really classes; usually it's just a couple of random hundred people or more stuck taking the same tests as you. You could call it a 'class' I guess, so as I said I'm mostly nitpicking.

Though it seems you didn't quite under stand my suggestion. I didn't mean for you to put them all under the same tag, but rather having them all be the same power. For example Weapon Grab and COntrol both work along the same lines, you move an object with your will. Flight, same thing, you are moving yourself through shear will. Therefore, instead of making for hatsus with specialize applications; just make telekenisis. It would simply be a manipulation ability which allows you to move and control objects with through your will. With appropriate rules and punishments it could be pretty strong; and it would allows you to flying combat rather than just out of combat.

Postby ViviGlow » Sat May 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Technically the exam could be written, seeing as the exams are at the discretion of the Hunters hired to oversee the exam. Training at best can just be learning nen, if you have nen proper then you'll almost certainly be able to pass the exam. Class... you could say you were the top of it if the final test has some kind of scaling system...
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Draken30000 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:36 pm

"Hey whats going in on this..*sees Reg's post* HOLY WALL OF TEXT!"

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Regalus » Sat May 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Hehe. Yeah, I have a bad habit of doing that; it doesn't happen that often, but when it does...it's really something. Though if you really want to see wall text check out this post. It is by far the longest literary work I've ever done online. I'm quite pleased with it.

Also, will post in the IC as soon; school and paperwork bogging me down.

Postby Belwicket » Sun May 08, 2011 9:17 am

Alright, which ones would I change?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Regalus » Sun May 08, 2011 11:57 am

Well it's like I said; it would be simpler if you had just one ability which allowed you to move objects (i.e. telekinesis, wind manipulation or something similar to it), as it's the main theme you have for yourself. Weapon Grab and control are both the manipulation of object, one pulls an object to you while the other allows you to control objects in flight. Overland-flight is you moving yourself through the air, while quickstep could be done as you moving yourself really fast.

As I said, what you have is a cluster of techniques you can do; what you should have is the ability which allows you to do them and more (i.e. TK, Windmanipulation, ect), as this would still allow you to do the techniques that you wrote up and a whole hell-of-alot more depending on how you want to go about it. That and it'll make your sheet look tidier.

I originally suggested for you to just make your hatsu TK as TK does everything your techs do, and fits with your over all theme; given the fact that Saphire's nen training was zen based, and zen is where the motto "mind over matter" comes from if I am not mistaken. Once again this is only a suggestion.

Postby Draken30000 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:51 pm

*clicks link* Reg......there is something wrong with you o.O

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Regalus wrote:Well it's like I said; it would be simpler if you had just one ability which allowed you to move objects (i.e. telekinesis, wind manipulation or something similar to it), as it's the main theme you have for yourself. Weapon Grab and control are both the manipulation of object, one pulls an object to you while the other allows you to control objects in flight. Overland-flight is you moving yourself through the air, while quickstep could be done as you moving yourself really fast.

As I said, what you have is a cluster of techniques you can do; what you should have is the ability which allows you to do them and more (i.e. TK, Windmanipulation, ect), as this would still allow you to do the techniques that you wrote up and a whole hell-of-alot more depending on how you want to go about it. That and it'll make your sheet look tidier.

I originally suggested for you to just make your hatsu TK as TK does everything your techs do, and fits with your over all theme; given the fact that Saphire's nen training was zen based, and zen is where the motto "mind over matter" comes from if I am not mistaken. Once again this is only a suggestion.

And I thank you for your suggestion but there is a reason for each of them to be different. Some of them she has forced herself to only use them out of battle. That and it would look a little bare with only 1 hatsu.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby ViviGlow » Wed May 11, 2011 6:22 am

Well actually most characters have one hatsu which they use in a variety of ways as he has been describing, I can only think of two characters with multiple hatsu's not including the thief/copy people because... technically they only have one...

Postby Hana » Wed May 11, 2011 3:31 pm

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds with my last post.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Wed May 11, 2011 8:33 pm

ViviGlow wrote:Well actually most characters have one hatsu which they use in a variety of ways as he has been describing, I can only think of two characters with multiple hatsu's not including the thief/copy people because... technically they only have one...

Well, I guess that makes sense...
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:24 pm

The surprises never stop with Geo. I hope that I didnt overstep my boundaries

Postby Belwicket » Thu May 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Are her hatsu better?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Regalus » Sat May 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Okay, two things though. TK is a manipulation power, as you are using your nen to move objects. So you may want to change it and maybe your nen type to match since it's your primary power.Secondly, I don't think you have to limit the distance to ten feet. If you put as a rule that you can only move your weapons, which is what you are saying in the description, than I think that should be enough to allow you to use your hatsu to a very scary degree. Dancing weapons are always nice to have around.

I'd mention Jetspeed, being reeinforcement, but it's a rather simple hatsu meant for running away so I don't think it should cause to big of an issue as is. All that's left is for Geo to give a your CS a look and see if he agrees with me or not.

Postby Belwicket » Sun May 15, 2011 12:21 am

I forgot which page she was on...

Edit: Geo? Have a look?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:33 pm

let me know if i should change anything about my post!

Postby Geomancer » Sun May 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Yo! Players! What the dealio?
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Sun May 22, 2011 3:58 pm

blame exams, also they're finished... recoverin for a little bit then post.

Postby Draken30000 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:22 pm

THe site was down for me for two days. No idea why.

Postby Hana » Sun May 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Geomancer wrote:Yo! Players! What the dealio?

Sorry, thought I posted here, but I guess I didn't. Sick baby is demanding. Also, the site being down while I have an actual portion of a brain makes it hard to post, ehehe.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Sun May 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Site's been not loading for me too.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Regalus » Mon May 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Hello folks, sorry for all the delays and my horrible and inexcusable absence. In any case I have FINALLY posted in the IC. Note of clarification: Huang gave me permission to get Dany in the car so we could all arrive at Nicolai's place and get the ball rolling there.

Once again Geo sorry for my craptastic attendance so far, but I assure you there should be no more troubles as of today. School-wise at least. Also, would you mind looking at Imoto's CS and see whether or not Saphire is good to go?

Postby Geomancer » Mon May 23, 2011 9:54 pm

It's okay. I'll respond to everything tomorrow or the day after.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing