Hunter X Hunter RP OOC *Sign ups Open!*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Hunter X Hunter RP OOC *Sign ups Open!*

Postby ViviGlow » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Quick step would be reinforcement, that one is easy.

As I understand from reading on there emission could work for weapon control if the aura is emitted and forms some kind of grapple on the weapon to move it.

Jet speed... I could see it working as emission if you had it in mind that there was the pushing power from the emission of the aura but I think that method wouldn't really work... maybe if instead you had transformation to make your aura gain the property of flight or floating and then used emission to move the then weightless body. It's a hard thing to work out...
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Belwicket » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Quick Step is supposed to be similar to the flash step from Bleach, only a little different.

Jet Speed is supposed to make her fly like a jet with her nen shooting from her hands and feet, which is also how she would control it.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Geomancer » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Okay, well, Jet Speed would be emission, I suppose. But Quick Step is still reinforcement. Please, just read the information and ask questions until you have the basics down.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Belwicket » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:02 pm

I read the stuff but I still need it explained better if she's ever to get anything she can actually use offensively.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Geomancer » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:18 pm

What do you need explained?
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Belwicket » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Well, everything, really, the wiki was kind of confusing.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Well okay then Hana

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Geomancer » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:35 pm

What about it was confusing? You need to be more specific.

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Best way I can explain it:

Reinforcement is used for increasing any bodily function, whether it be strength, speed, metabolism, sight, hearing and so on.

Transformation is based around giving the nen aura a property, my character gives his nen the property of sharpness and extends it around things he holds but other characters in the manga have given their nen properties to make it like eletricity or gum.

Materilization is a complex one, it allows the user to create... something, pretty much anything they can imagine and are familiar with or proficient enough to create. Then the thing is typically given a special property to make it better than a normal one of those things, e.g. creating a gun that doesn't need to reload and simply fires bullets made out of solidfied nen.

Specilization is... for everything that doesn't fit into one of the other catergories, in the manga it's been used for abilities to steal or borrow other nen abilites and for an ability that gave the character clairvoyance.

Manipulation allows the user to control living or non living things though it usually has harder requirements to make it work.

Emission allows the user to seperate their nen from their body and then do things with it, in a sense it is mostly similar to materilization but with the differences in that for one I don't think it can be given special characteristics to the degree a materilized thing can, for two the ability can't be seen by normal people as it made of pure nen, and for three in the series it has most often been used for shooting energy balls and stuff though the description does imply it could be used to make an invisible hand or something.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Belwicket » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:29 pm

Geomancer wrote:What about it was confusing? You need to be more specific.

Everything, really.
ViviGlow wrote:Best way I can explain it:

Reinforcement is used for increasing any bodily function, whether it be strength, speed, metabolism, sight, hearing and so on.

Transformation is based around giving the nen aura a property, my character gives his nen the property of sharpness and extends it around things he holds but other characters in the manga have given their nen properties to make it like eletricity or gum.

Materilization is a complex one, it allows the user to create... something, pretty much anything they can imagine and are familiar with or proficient enough to create. Then the thing is typically given a special property to make it better than a normal one of those things, e.g. creating a gun that doesn't need to reload and simply fires bullets made out of solidfied nen.

Specilization is... for everything that doesn't fit into one of the other catergories, in the manga it's been used for abilities to steal or borrow other nen abilites and for an ability that gave the character clairvoyance.

Manipulation allows the user to control living or non living things though it usually has harder requirements to make it work.

Emission allows the user to seperate their nen from their body and then do things with it, in a sense it is mostly similar to materilization but with the differences in that for one I don't think it can be given special characteristics to the degree a materilized thing can, for two the ability can't be seen by normal people as it made of pure nen, and for three in the series it has most often been used for shooting energy balls and stuff though the description does imply it could be used to make an invisible hand or something.

Thanks, hun.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Sun May 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Apologies for absence/slowness on my part. My little girl is sick.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Draken30000 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:55 pm

No problem. Tag you're it

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Belwicket » Mon May 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Edited CS, anything still missing?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Regalus » Tue May 03, 2011 10:33 pm

After many goof ups and misfortunes I am pleased to say that both of my CSs are as of now complete and ready for study over on page 7 of this thread. I will be eagerly awaiting your review Geo.

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 05, 2011 1:54 pm

I think it looks good.

GMancer

Postby Belwicket » Thu May 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Me or Regalus?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Reg

GMancer

Postby Belwicket » Thu May 05, 2011 5:37 pm

What else am I missing?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Your background is practically nonexistent and is as dull as it is short.

GMancer

Postby Belwicket » Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Well, I don't know what to do for a background.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Regalus » Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 am

Dearest Imoto; it seems you can not see the wealth of tales hidden within the story you have spun, and are in need of some aid. It brings me great sorrow that you appear to be unable to explore dearest Saphire's tale to the fullest, and I would like to amend that if given the chance. So I ask you to allow a humble teller of tales such as myself to reveal that which you already have created, so as as to light the flame of your creative soul. Let us commence at once.

First her family. You say that her goal make enough money so that her parents may retire, yet we know nothing about them aside from the fact they are on the run. So I ask, why? What were they like? Were they famous, or small time hunters? Why were they on the run and desperate for work? Did they assassinate someone important influential or powerful? Did they unravel some great conspiracy or attract the attention of some large organization? Or perhaps they discovered some ancient secret or technique for which they are sought in order to silence or obtain their knowledge?

Why were two experienced hunters running? Surely they must have been greatly skilled in combat given Sapphire's apparent mastery five different weapons; and the fact that they enlightened her as to the ways of nen implies that they spiritual skills weren't lacking. SO why didn't they fight back, and if they did, did it end badly? Or did they choose not to fight because of some greater reason, such as a promise or mission? Moreover, what happened to their allies? Surely someone must've helped them while on the run and taking care of a young girl. If so what did they think about them running, while dragging her along? Did her parents ever consider leaving her to be raised by a trusted friend in order to protect her?

This brings us to Sapphire's childhood, or perhaps the lack there of. What did she think of her families situation? Did her parents explain to her while she was young the reason why they were running, or did they keep it a secret to protect her? What was her early life like? How did she feel about moving from place to place all the time? Did she even have any friends? What did she do when her parents were away on missions? Was she left alone or did she stay with a family friend? Did she even know what her parents worked as early on? Did she receive a proper education from her parents, or did she learn things from the streets and her travels as time went on becoming clever and street smart instead? Was she ever kidnapped or placed in a dangerous situation because of her parents? When they time came to tell her everything how did she take it? Was she happy to finally know the answers or was she infuriated by having something so important kept from her? Did her parents enemies ever find out about her? What did they do about it?

Now concerning her skills. Had her parents always been formally teaching her how to fight for self defense, or did they just play odd games with her which turned out later in her life to have been training all along? Or did she actually ask to be trained once the cat was out of the bag? How were her first lessons? Was she a natural, or was she a pathetic ball of failure who through time and dedication became the great warrior she is today? Why five weapons? It's hard learning how to use one, and mastering to similar weapons isn't a cake walk either; SO why was she trained in five weapons that were so different? The katana and wakizashi is a standard amongst samurai, wakizashi and tanto was ideal amongst rouges duel-wielded; but why both a glaive and a chakram? Is this part of some secret family martial arts style? Also, did they start teaching her about nen then due to the dangers of those hunting them, or did they wait until after her license exam to teach them so?

Now as to her later years. When she came of age did she still travel with her parents? When did she separate from them? Does she still even now where they are right now, or do they sort of just coordinate visits with each other?Are they still being hunted or did they finally manage to loose their hunters? Are they still hiding from their enemies, and if so, is there a bounty out for them? Did she ever-fall in love or has her whole life been spent running and hiding? Has this left her sour or cold, or did she manage to adapt some how? Does she want to take out the people that are after her parents? Speaking of which, what did her parents think of her becoming a hunter? Where they glad, or did they try to make her choose another line of work? DO they feel responsible for the dangerous live she lives, and does she blame them for it?

What was her hunter exam like? Was she lucky enough to pass without incident, or did she just make it by the skin of her teeth? Has she made any allies since then, or any enemies? Anyone from her post which have popped up again, or is she walking her path alone refusing to let anyone near so they don't get hurt like so many other were because of her parents running? DO her parents enemies that she's a hunter know? DO they even care?

What are her current ideas for helping her parents? Is there a particular type of mission she likes to take? Has she made a name for herself yet as a hunter, or is she just fresh of her nen training?

These are, but a few of the many ways sweet Sapphire can grow. Each one further defining who she is, what she stands for and what she desires to become. All possibilities for you to choose from based upon your own whims; and I hope these questions and paths may aid you in weaving this grand tale.

In addition to this I have a small comment concerning your hatsus. While it is true that some hunters have multiple hatsus, most merely have a single hatsu than can be used or manifest in different ways; though it all falls under a central theme. As it is many of her powers seem disjointed; most lacking the basic imago necessary to understand their power. You say quickstep 10x her speed, but we don't know how fast she normally runs. We know she can fly, but not how; nor do we now how she calls items to her person or sends them away in mid-flight. For this I have a suggestion, which may add even greater versatility to your character.

As all of your powers deal with the apparent manipulation of kinectic energy I'd suggest crafting her hatsu as telekinesis. Given that her nen teachings were based around the teachings of zen and the enlightened mind; mind over matter fits well with your characters over all theme and may even allow you to those wield all five of your weapons at a time. Though that would only be the tip of the ice burg of course; also do not be afraid of rules and punishments, as they aren't really. They are merely another tool to help define howy our power works and can add additional flavor and power to it. If you want an idea of what I'm talking about, I ask that you take a peak at my CS's on page 7. Through the use of rules and punishments I managed to create to simple yet powerful ability for Sakuya based around the idea of an adrenaline rush; while I essentially turned Dimitri into the minecraft guy minus the need for a crafting table.

These are all merely my humble suggestions as a fellow storyteller and Co-GM of this tale. You are free to develop these ideas or leave them as you see fit, I only hope that this helps you further develop dearest Sapphire; as I wish to say what will become of her. Should you desire to further discuss this character or any other, as well as any idea you are working with feel free to drop me a line via pm; or if you want you may send me your messenger handle so that I may aid you in whatever way I can. I humbly place myself at your disposal and will await your decision dearest Imoto.

Postby Belwicket » Fri May 06, 2011 12:31 am

I only have 2 questions before I edit her.

1: What does Imoto mean?

2: Why are her parents so important?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Ro Wong » Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 am

Imoto is a Japanese term for "little sister." Can interchange the spelling with imouto as well.
Demon of Elru

Postby Regalus » Fri May 06, 2011 6:39 am

Ro Wong wrote:Imoto is a Japanese term for "little sister." Can interchange the spelling with imouto as well.

This is true. Commonly translated as My Little Sister; your user name. :mrgreen:

My_Little_Sister wrote:2: Why are her parents so important?

Because you made them that important silly. They are central to your characters very existence. They are the reason she traveled a lot and had so little money when she was young. They were the first hunters she ever met. They were the ones who taught her to fight and how to use nen. They are the reason she became a hunter, and in fact are central to her very goal:

My_Little_Sister wrote:Goal: Her goal is to eventually be able to put her parents into retirement.

They are both the foundation and cornerstone of your character and define who she was, as well as who she is; because of this they are an essential part of your background and would leaver her lacking were it not to be explored properly. Simply put, if it weren't for her parents; Sapphire wouldn't be the person she is today.

Postby Hana » Fri May 06, 2011 9:36 am

Ah, but what if by "put her parents into retirement" she means to kill them? >_>

Doesn't make them less important, but it DOES turn the background on its ear!

Don't mind me. I'm just a little insane lately.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing