WH40K: Chaos Rising; We're OPEN! Join the blood bath!!!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

WH40K: Chaos Rising; We're OPEN! Join the blood bath!!!

Postby Villain » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:57 pm

[url][/url]+1's: http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4111&start=16300
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4111&start=16250
Chaos Rising
In the grim dark future there is only WAR. Set in the 40th century Warhammer 40K is a horrible place, where life is not something you trudge through, but a never ending stream of paranoia, heresy, the fear of extermination in the blink of an eye, Xenos descending on your world to steal your soul or your very flesh and basic elements, your very own law enforcement and people you are taught to aspire to will easily turn and fire upon you if you are thought to be a heretic, you are told that your life is meaningless and that none shall mourn you, and finally there is a rip in the very time space continuum that spews forth eldritch abominations and horrors ready to corrupt you. And you play as these abominations and heretics. You are a warrior of Chaos itself, drawn to the Warp you have been given powers and unholy mutations to give you the power you seek, at the cost of your soul. The Warp is in essence Hell, an ocean that is filled with every thought and emotion from humans. Growing from these emotions are Daemons (Yes Daemons not Demons), and the most powerful of these Daemons are the Chaos Gods. There are Four Chaos Gods, Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle.

Khorne: Khorne is the Chaos god of anger, violence, and hate. Every act of violence gives Khorne power, whether committed by his followers or by enemies. The name "Khorne" derives from his Dark Tongue name, Kharneth, meaning "Lord of Rage" or "Lord of Blood".

Slaanesh: Slaanesh is the Chaos God of lust, excess, pleasure, perfection and hedonism. It is also known by a multitude of titles such as the Prince of Chaos, Prince of Excess, Prince of Pleasure and Lord of Dark Delights. To the Eldar, who do not name the god, she is referred to only by the Lovecraftian titles of She Who Thirsts, She Who Is Not Named, The Great Enemy, The Great Serpent, etc.

Tzeentch: Tzeentch is a God of Chaos who represents the vitality and volatility of change. Tzeentch is closely associated with sorcery and magic, as well as dynamic mutation, and grand, convoluted scheming. Although Tzeentch is the lord of plots, scheming, and fate he has no end goal in sight, because if there was an end plan it would mean the end of change and thus the end of Tzeentch, the simple act of plotting is enough to sustain him. He is known as the Changer of Ways and the Lord of Change.

Nurgle: Nurgle is one of the four major Chaos Powers. He is titled the Great Lord of Decay and represents morbidity, disease and physical corruption. Nurgles source of power is the livings' fear of inevitable death and disease, and their unconscious response to that fear, which is the "power of life", the motivating power of mankind and other races. Nurgle is also known as the Lord of All because no matter how physically solid something is it will eventually decay and die.

As a follower of Chaos you must choose who you serve, and although in most occasions the followers of the Chaos Gods would fight each other to the death as they attempt to lay claim to the Warp in something called the Great Game (Which is a never ending war between Daemons and their followers, the war will never end because if any one god were to have absolute control of the Warp it would mean Order and thus the end of Chaos/Chaos Gods and the Warp itself.) the Chaos Gods will rarely band together to take advantage of an opportunity to spread and corrupt the Imperium of Man and the galaxy itself. This is one of those times, a crack in the Imperium’s defenses has allowed for your (The Players.) tactical squad to insert itself and attempt to widen it enough so that a full scale invasion may begin. As this is Warhammer 40K most of the Role-playing will be done in wars and battlefields, or on espionage missions planting cults and unrest in colonies.

CS

Name:

Age: Be as wild as you want, if you’re a human try and keep it within 10 thousand years as that was when the start of all the Chaos hype began in the Warhammer lore if a Daemon then go nuts.

Personality:

Armor: This is what you wear on the battlefield or whenever really. If you’re a chaos space marine please have power armor unless you have a damned good excuse.

Weapon(s):

Class: Not so much as class but more of as in are you a Chaos Space Marine, cultist, a daemonically possessed human. This is pretty much a more specific version of race you could say. Its mainly here to make sure theres no confusion on what you are.

Race: Are you human or Daemon, or something inbetween?

God: What god do you worship? If you don’t want to worship any one god then select the fifth option Chaos Undivided in which you worship Chaos itself and believe each of the Chaos Gods to be worshipped equally as a pantheon.

Specialty: Are you an artillery fighter? Do you specialize in summoning Daemons? Can you woo people to worship Chaos? What you’re good at goes here.

History: Explain why you started worshiping Chaos, your start of darkness, and any achievements you have made in your life time. At least a paragraph long please.

Appearance: Try and be descriptive, a little bit more or less of a paragraph would be good.
Etc: Any other detail you have that doesn’t fit into the other categories. Implants, abilities, augmentations and daemonic gifts would fit into this section as well as likes and dislikes etc etc.

You don’t need to play Warhammer 40K or know its lore to play it (But it would be oh so appreciated, I don’t want to have to explain every fucking thing I bring up.) and if you’re unsure about anything PM me the CS for approval early so that I can see if it fits within lore. But even I don’t know Lore that great (I don’t read the books and crap.) so the RP comes first over something in a book from games workshop (That doesn’t mean I’m going to make up daemons on the fly but I will smudge out some minor facts that are annoying. If its blatantly obvious like say Khorne putting bows and ribbons in his hair then call me out on it but if it’s a small – low medium fact that please try not to bring it up.). So my children, are you ready to embrace chaos?

So you want to be a….:

CHAOS SPACE MARINE (Also known as KAOS SPESS MEHREENS): You are a genetically enhanced super soldier, a traitor to the Imperium of man who has rebuked the god emperor’s name and embrace chaos. Your main advantage is that you are physically stronger and faster than any other average human. Aside from your physical strength another advantage is that you can upgrade your armor with new attachments and gizmos, or maybe you had special implants from your training that give you different qualities (Be reasonable, I and maybe Iris will be the governing factor on how reasonable they are….. but mainly me. A maximum of 1), and lastly you will automatically be given a bolt pistol, but all of your weapons must be conventional weapons.

CULTIST: You are an average human, from where you come it’s up to you hell even make up a world if you want. You have become attracted to chaos or one of its gods, and actively worship them. What the SPESS MEHREENS have in physical power and conventional weapons you make up for it in unconventional weapons and daemonic augmentations and gifts. Be creative with what you wield and your armor but make it match who you worship (Maybe if you’re a Nurgle worshiper you could have a plague sword that raises the dead you have slain, or if you follow Tzeentch you have a staff to channel your arcane power.). Another thing you can have is daemonic gifts from your god or daemons that give you supernatural powers (Max of 2, but the average should be 1. An amazing CS is required for 2, don’t worry Chaos space marines you can get them to but just like the Cultists you have to gain them as the plot progresses.).

DAEMON: You are a lesser manifestation of the god (Or chaos itself) that you work for. You will not have conventional weapons, but instead will have special powers (Much like augmentations, only difference is you are allowed 2 and you cannot have it be as extravagant.) and are much stronger (But not chaos space marine stronger) then the average human. Due to your daemonic nature you are susceptible to anti-warp things (Such as the Tyranids shadow in the warp ability. Take this into warning Psykers this applies to you to.) and holy symbols (Grey knights will be your bane.), accompanying this is the simple fact that unlike the humans you are more akin to your chaos god (Khorne daemons will frequently go crazy and might attack allies if nothing else poses as something to hit etc.).

PSYKER: As a psyker you were born with a certain link to the warp itself, which you can manifests as things such as telekinesis, illusion making, head exploding stares, and various other things (Be creative with your psychic powers. But I want a maximum of 2 psyker powers). All Psykers are human let’s just get that out of the way. Much like a human you are frail compared to all the other races, but much like the chaos space marines you come equipped with a conventional weapon ala a bolt pistol but that is the only gun you are allowed to use until you are either given one or strip one from a dead corpse.

Know your enemys: We have not yet encountered any faction or troop in the RP, probably cause it hasn't started up yet.

Gm:
Archvillain
Known Co-Gm’s:
Iris

Accepted Characters:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
Use this as a guide for anything else I haven’t explained yet, may it guide you well.

One last thing, CS's should be posted here and sent via pm to me and Iris so we can look it over more thoroughly and have it more private. If you have any concepts in mind post a question here and me/Iris will try and answer it right away and theres your answer (Unless I specifically say otherwise to something Iris states.).
Last edited by Villain on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Re: WH40K: Chaos Rising

Postby counterfeitself » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:44 am

This makes em want to play my Old Dark Heresy Character, but she was not made for combat at all... Just an Adept with a high intelligence score and a pact with a deamon.

Postby Glahardt » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:46 am

Might just wor- BLARBPHGACK BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Yeah I can't think of anything else other than a Khorne Chaos Spacemarine.

Postby counterfeitself » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:47 am

Oh Khorne Berzerkers how I love you.

Postby Villain » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:36 pm

counterfeitself wrote:This makes em want to play my Old Dark Heresy Character, but she was not made for combat at all... Just an Adept with a high intelligence score and a pact with a deamon.

Not everyone has to be a combat person, you can be more supportive. I have missions in mind for whatever you can throw at me. Unless it's a Khorne bezerker in which case I got two words to describe what every mission you'll do will be like:

*GASP*
LEEEEEERRRROOOOOOYYYY NNNJEEEEEEEEENNNKIIIINNSSSSS!!!!!!

I was hoping for more creative character designs but sure you can go bezerker, just expect alot of ^.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Glahardt » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Postby Villain » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Hehe nice........... Still you gona stick with a average Khorne bezerker or go for something else?

Postby counterfeitself » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Okay I will PM her to ya first then to see if it is okay.

Postby Villain » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Alright then, send her over.

Postby counterfeitself » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:04 am

Okay it will take a while to remember her and type her up.

Postby Glahardt » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:59 am

I think I will.
I'll write up a draft of the CS within 24 hours, I'll decide when I start writing lol.

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:43 am

Hmmm, to make some slutty Slannesh worshipper or not.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Villain » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 pm

Sure go ahead, we could use as much diversity as possible.

Postby counterfeitself » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:04 am

As long as they say Sex for the sex god.

I know that Nihila will say Plotting for the Plotting god at some point.

Postby cherylfoster » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 am

Xenos down on the world steal your soul or a lot of meat and the basic elements of the contrast very personal and people are taught to work easily turn and fire, if it is believed to be a heretic, it was said that the Life has no meaning and no one will mourn, and, finally, is a rip right now spits out space continuum Eldritch abominations and horrors ready to corrupt you.

Postby Villain » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:21 pm

cherylfoster wrote:Xenos down on the world steal your soul or a lot of meat and the basic elements of the contrast very personal and people are taught to work easily turn and fire, if it is believed to be a heretic, it was said that the Life has no meaning and no one will mourn, and, finally, is a rip right now spits out space continuum Eldritch abominations and horrors ready to corrupt you.

What was the point in saying that?

Postby Tuor » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Chipping away at a Slaanesh worshipper
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Glahardt » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Archvillain wrote:
cherylfoster wrote:Xenos down on the world steal your soul or a lot of meat and the basic elements of the contrast very personal and people are taught to work easily turn and fire, if it is believed to be a heretic, it was said that the Life has no meaning and no one will mourn, and, finally, is a rip right now spits out space continuum Eldritch abominations and horrors ready to corrupt you.

What was the point in saying that?
To look like a complete tool I presume.

Also, I'm gonna post the draft here when it's done instead of PM, I'll forget if I don't.

Postby Villain » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 pm

It's ok, the pm thing is just so we can edit it beforehand but you can just post it here if you want.

Postby Glahardt » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:06 am

Incomplete haha.
But still, serves as a reminder.

Name: Nathaniel

Personality: A man of few words, that is unless it involves the spilling of blood, Nathaniel appear to be a typical berserker, always raging. There are however, rare times where he would be completely calm and rational as if he was never tainted at all. Those moments are extremely rare and hardly last more than 3 minutes. There is one part of his personality that remained completely intact since before he started worshiping Khorne, that is his dislike of anybody calling him Nate.

Armor: Power armor with the left shoulder pad replaced with a Terminator helmet (trophy) with the Mark of Chaos on it.

Weapon(s): Bolt pistol, chainsword and chainaxe
The chainaxe he uses is said to be

Class: Khorne Berserker

Race: Human

God: Khorne

Specialty: Melee specialist

History: [DERP]

Appearance:
Last edited by Glahardt on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby counterfeitself » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Name: Nihila Killian

Personality: Nihila is self serving, but sees the necessity of aiding those around her and working towards a common goal. She won't hesitate to stab someone in the back if she feels she won't get caught and there is a benefit to her. She sometimes has mood swings and can be distant as if someone else is talking to her. She can be jumpy at times, and is paranoid of others.

Armor: Best Quality Flak when she feels like wearing it.

Weapon(s): Best Quality Bolt Pistol.

Daemon Sword, Anguish: A Chilling daemon sword that can rend reality. (A Warp Gate Basically, just travel for you and one of two other people.)

3 Flash Grenades.

Class: Cultist/Heretic Adept

Race: Human

God: Tzeentch

Specialty: Nihila knows much about all that would be deemed Heretical by the Imperium as well as much about the Imperium as well. She is not good in combat, but can usually escape unharmed.

History: Born into a noble family of Malfi, Nihila was tainted at birth, as most Noble Malfians are. she learned the important trade of working in the Adeptus Administratum, but quickly was scooped up by an Inquisitor. working as the portable encyclopedia.

On one such mission, she was tasked with aiding a cleric in finding Heretical items at an auction. beyond the obvious, she found something amazing. Something she had only heard of in legends, a Halo Device. Wrapped around the neck of a Statuette, the choker was there fr the taking. Making a note to get her hands on it, Nihila inspected other items, one of which was the Daemon Sword Anguish, which the Cleric instantly took a liking to, although neither knew it's sinister past until later. Later the next day at the Auction, the curators revealed themselves to be Heretics of a mundane variety, and attacked the guests in the Confusion, Nihila was able to make off with the Halo Device and the Cleric was able to obtain the Sword. As their demise drew near, the sword, tired of having such a bumbling idiot using it, took control and opened a portal to free it and the body it was inhabiting. Quickly following him through the portal, Nihila was able to escape with the Cleric, before taking care of the Heretic and shooting him in the back of the head with her Bolt Pistol. Picking up the sword as her own, she used it to aide her in finding like individuals, those that were more open to the ideas of Chaos.

Appearance: Nihila is a skinny lady that appears to be in her mid twenties, she has raven hair, and black eyes. Her skin is pale and she has deep red lips almost the colour of red rose petals. She normally dresses in the robes of an Imperium Inquisitorial Agent as that was her last true career, but can change as needed.

Etc:
Dark Pact - True Savant: Nihila gains unholy knowledge about everything from a Lord of Change she has made a pact with. She probably has some knowledge of most things, but only deeper knowledge into what she has studied and what the deamon knows. (As per Dark Pacts, Pact of Knowledge, True Savant in Dark Heresy Rulebook. )

Halo device - A silver choker around Nihila's neck, this device cannot be removed and provides Nihila with inhuman reflexes as well as heightened sense, but also slowly drives her insane.

Photocontacts - Give her dark vision and stop her from being blinded by Flash grenades, one of her favourite weapons.

Postby Villain » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Accepted

Postby Glahardt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Question.
When does this take place?

Postby Villain » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Hmmmm, I haven't thought of that yet. I generally have no basis on when anything in the Warhammer 40K timeline takes place so here's my answer "Whenever's most convenient for the plot and characters."

But if you want something more specific I'll just make an Ass pull and say 4089 A.D

Postby Glahardt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Wait what 4089?
Or you could just tell me the event's time relative to Dawn of War timeline.

Next

Return to Role Playing