Touch of Evil IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Touch of Evil IC

Postby Zelosse » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:23 am

-Sewer group-

Reports had no doubt been filed that scouts in the area working for the agency had gone missing and likely killed, such was not the actual case. R.E.U had merely taken them hostage for information, they wouldn't be snooping ahead if there wasn't more numerous, and stronger, opponents trailing behind them. He got the information he needed but sent one of them free to report what he'd seen. His friends in the torture rooms.

A few had escaped and were no doubt laying on the side of the sewers numerous passageways praying to be found before the wounds in their chest slowly ended what little life remained. One such advanced scout was no more then 10 minutes into the sewer labyrinth rasping for breathe with a large curved knife digging right through the right lung, not fatal yet but extremely painful.
He heard people talking and entering through what he assumed was a nearby entrance, with little breathe the scout gave a shrill whistle hoping he was heard by someone. Anyone.

-R.E.U-

The scouts had escaped, pity... The operative thought slowly as he paced the sewers with no absolute silence. The pools of water on the floor and the odd shifting of loose pipes and metal below him made no more sound than the corpses that lay upon them. A few were soldiers working against his employer that he'd tracked down, kidnapped, and then murdered. Other's were innocent bystanders that simply were around the wrong places at the wrong time. Captured by his employers for some transformation, R.E.U didn't really care.

Perking up momentarily, his ears blazing from the sudden whistling he heard. With a grin the clever killer tore open a small crack in the wall that revealed a lever, with a tug it opened a secret passage with multiple entrances and exits on the top of the sewer system. He would enjoy the company yet to come.

(You have a choice, ignore the whistle and the groaning or simply stumble upon an injured or dead fellow. No matter what happens 2 of you will be encountering a boss in my next post.)
Good luck

Postby Keiran » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:07 am

Adalrich heard the whistle and immediately moved towards it. “I h-heard something!” he said as he bolted ahead, “I’ll check!” He ran for ten minutes, ignoring the others behind, and realizing that he could get in trouble for this. But it was a person, he knew it, and what if they needed help? He found the man, bleeding and possibly dying. “Oh, g-god,” the blonde said, sinking to his knees, “Are you alive?”

Postby Garethcool » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:32 am

Illian - Paranoia Incarnate

~ Sewer Entrance ~

Illian had been sitting nearby poking at a rather large pineapple with one of his handguns, writing notes on his left arm. "Heyzeus Cristo! THIS ISN'T AN APPLE AT ALL!" Illian stood, taking a step back and punted the pineapple into the air, firing at it one with his handgun. A light spray of pineapple juice landed on most of the others nearby. Illian shivered, staring at a large chunk of pineapple. His attention was diverted by a whistle and Adalrich running into the sewers "No! Don't go in there! There could be assassins! OR WORSE! CAR SALESMEN! Noooooo!" Illian crumpled, sighing as if defeated. He quickly regained his composure, taking a marker from his robe and tying it to his ankle. "I'll go get him, please excuse this sir. Also watch your step, the juices of a rather deceiving fruit run through the sewers." And with that he ran off after Adalrich.

Illiam ran along, his left shoe making a squeak each time it touched down. There was a legitimate black-dotted path where he ran from the marker touching the ground. When Illian finally made it to Adalrich he was holding a gun cautiously. "Is this where the whistle came fro-WHY IS THERE DEAD PEOPLE?!" Illian's knuckles turned white as he gripped the gun tighter, turning so he could watch where he had come from.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Keiran » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:23 am

"He's not dead yet," said Adalrich, gently bending down and letting the muscles fall away to show his small body, "But he's in trouble. Wonder what happened..." He pulled the sleeve out of his pocket, he pressed it gently against the wound, not moving the knife. He gently leaned his staff against the wall and looked up to the older boy, "What do we do? Wait for the others or try to carry him out? I can make myself strong enough to carry him." He gently stroked the injured man's hair, "Don't worry, we'll help you."

Postby Asmodai » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 am

Leo had kept himself in the background so far. This was insane, some of these so called graduates didnt seem old enough to even drive a car, let alone go on a life threatening mission. "Aw, whats that? Are you worried about your fellow students?" Persephone had gone along with the ride, god only knows where she had been sitting. "Of course not, but that doesnt mean I condone this behavior." He really didnt care whether they lived or died, but if to many died there might come unwanted questions.

He listened to Peter and kept quiet, it seemed like a well enough plan. He couldnt do much just yet, storming in for a melee attack obviously wasnt the best course of plans as they had ranged weapons to do that. No, he would keep calm and stay in the back until they would really need him. No need to play a hero, heroes only get attention. Attention he certainly didnt want. "Heh, you could always let me take control... I'd end this in a jiffy." Persephone was sitting on a nearby dumpster, looking at her long claw like nail with a smug grin. After the first possession he had never allowed her to take him again, she felt different from all the others he had let in so far. No, she was to dangerous to use again.

He was following the druid girl, she seemed like the best person to be around when shit hits the fan. That and a giant wolf like that was bound to sense other people before they could arrive. he was impressed at how well the two of them cooperated, almost as if they were one entity. "Mmm, why dont we become... one entity?" A malicious grin appeared on her face, but Leo decided to ignore her as difficult as that may be.
Mephobiac

Postby Rough Giraffe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 am

Sam shielded his face with his robes, not even bothering to worry about how sticky they would be later; it was so much better than getting pineapple chunks to the face. "Lord," he muttered with mild irritation.

Sam made a small startled cry when the others suddenly ran off, holding his hand out as if to stop them before they could go too far, though he knew this was likely a wasted gesture. He sighed, shaking his head lightly, glanced at Terrence, and began to follow at a brisk pace.

Sam found them quickly, and was shocked to find a man with a knife sticking out of his chest, and rushed over to inspect him. "Give me room," he told the others quickly and all but pushed them out of the way.

Judging by the hilt and the little bit of the blade that was sticking out, it was probably stuck in at least to the lung; he didn't see any indication it was long enough to exit out the back, but there was blood trailing from his mouth. He would survive, but Sam needed to act quickly. Putting a hand on the injured man's head, he told him, "I'm going to pull it out. This may sting, but the pain will subside in a moment."

He placed his hand flat on his chest, with his index and middle finger on either side of the blade, and slowly pulled the entire length out. While he did that, he started muttering the incantation for the healing spell he needed. The area around the blade glowed green as Sam pulled, carefully making sure the blade left cleanly without making it worse. As he pulled, the flesh began to knit past the tip of the blade, slowly mending the torn flesh and returning it to what it once was. After he pulled out the knife, he finished chanting the spell and switched hands with the knife, grabbing the tip and offering it to Illiam. "Do you sense any magic on this?"

He glanced down at the injured man. There were several more injuries, less severe, but they needed to get him somewhere safe before they could start treating him. Who knew what else was in the sewer...
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Keiran » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:01 am

"Hey," said Adalrich, scowling a bit from the floor where he had been pushed, "I was helping." But his words had no bite, no real aggression. He got up slowly and looked around the dark tunnels. Carefully, his changed his eyes so they could see better in the dark.

Postby Villain » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Peter Mokerstein: It's all a part of the plan
-Surface Group

With a grin Peter's mind began to race as he actually saw what he was up against. Using his scheming quick mind he concocts a plan in mere miliseconds. Quickly unsummoning the two of the zombies in the front he resummoned one zombie in front of the closest Cultist, making sure that the zombie was raising it's claws upward (Directly beneath the gun itself) to push it out of the hands. If that doesn't work it would slam it's forearms down on the gun to fully knock it out before grabbing it and ripping it out (Incase he is still holding on, and if it knocked it out then picking it up and trying to fire). With a point of his finger, his fist in the shape of a gun and summoned another Zombie behind a guard to bite his juggupar veign and infect him. The last two zombies began to move in to the other cultists, keeping close to there allies with one of them even sticking near Pluto to be used as a meatshield. Falling back Peter called the Wraith over to him as the spectral being was in the middle of blasting a Cultist that the running zombie was attacking. "Hey umm.... Sorry about threatening you earlier. You're just my first sentient undead and I wasn't sure how to act. We cool?" Peter said to the Wraith. A second or two later the Wraith looks at Peter and replies "Yeah... We're cool." "Excellent! Now, I need you to do something for me, ok? Do your whole spectral thing, as in turning invincible with immaterial effects, and go to the main building. Inside, begin to shoot down Guards left and right until you feel you're in great danger. Then you call out to me via saying "Get me out of here!". I'll tell you the rest of the plan after that. Ok?" "Yeah I got it." "Now, go gettem tiger. I got you covered". With a nod the Wraith flew forward, invisible/immaterial, to enact the next stage of the plan. Raising his pistol Peter began to open fire at what few guards remain, making sure to slice some of the flesh off of the corpses whenever he had time between firing and controlling the undead.
Last edited by Villain on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Musicmac » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:01 am

Tashoku 'Terrence' Nisei, Masked Rider X
The Slums - Sewer Tunnel Entrance

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

The sound cut through the air like a knife. Terrence quickly turned his head towards the sewer tunnels' entrance nearby, it was where he and his team had been tasked to ambush the criminal magi and block their escape. The whistle had echoed against the metal walls and steel pipes before making its way out, sounding like the panicked screeches of rats. The Rider however had a more tuned hearing, gained from his heightened senses and it easily told him that it had been the whistle of a human. He turned around to face his team members, hoping to make a plan before they went insi-

"I h-heard something!"
"I'll check!"

The man's eyes simply followed the young German Necromancer's movements as he ran into the tunnel, without any care for his leader's words. When Terrence realized that he had been disobeyed, he turned around again to give orders to the rest of the team, hoping to make a new plan before they went insi-

"Heyzeus Cristo! THIS ISN'T AN APPLE AT ALL!"
"No! Don't go in there! There could be assassins! OR WORSE! CAR SALESMEN! Noooooo!"
"I'll go get him, please excuse this sir. Also watch your step, the juices of a rather deceiving fruit run through the sewers."

His eyes repeated its process from before, staring blankly as the strange boy went into the sewers. He realized again that he had lost another member from his team and turned around to face the remaining two. His visor met with Samuel's mess of a hair, who seemed to be awaiting for new orders. Since two members had already ran into the sewers, he would have to change plans again if they were to go insi-

The boy simply walked into the tunnel's entrance, without even a single word mentioned.

He didn't bother looking at the entrance this time, it was a waste of time anyway and his neck was getting tired from the whole thing. He turned around again, looking at the quite Plague Demonologist named Aureli. He remembered her simply as the girl who had been leftover on the stage after the ceremonial event in the morning. He simply stared at her, hoping that she would follow the others inside and to their possible deaths. But she didn't move.

"...What," Terrence managed to say the word before getting confused by his situation. Everything had not gone according to his plan, if there was even one at the beginning. Now that he thought about it, he didn't even manage a single thought before those three ran off. He sighed and raised his arms high, as if he was trying to reach to God for some sort of understanding. God didn't answer."...What...What?!...WHAT?!!" he exclaimed out of frustration. When everything was done, he sighed and looked at Aureli. She didn't even budge an inch.

He sighed again and pressed a finger against the right side of his helmet. A small screen appeared on the surface of his visor, inside his helmet and it was invisible from the outside of the tinted glass. Words appeared on it according to his thoughts and a message was sent to headquarters in a mere second. He also sent another to Pluto, informing him on what had happened and if the need to change tactics was necessary.

"Aureli?" he said to the girl, still unsure whether she was even listening to him. "Cast a your blood into a trap at the entrance, something that can stop the enemy in their tracks without killing them if possible," he gave the order with a sense of authority. The trap would be useful later if they were to retreat and block the enemy's only escape. "Once your done, follow me. We need to get those three before they kill themselves," his voice sounded slightly worried, if not annoyed. When he had finish giving her his orders, he walked into the sewer tunnel without making a single noise.

His visor glowed for a moment and inside his helmet, everything was illuminated in different shades of green by the built-in nightvision of his battlearmor. His pace was quick but silent and it was not long before he found the three runaways. He noticed that they were all standing around an injured man and immediately recognized him as one his colleagues back at headquarters. A scout, he guessed in his thoughts as he put a gloved hand on Samuel's shoulder and took the knife from him. He shook his head and placed a finger on the silver plate which covered his mouth and jaw, a sign for silence. He looked down at the injured scout, who was still awake.

The tired man stared at the Rider's helmet and realized who it was in front of him. He smiled, trying to look grateful for their arrival. Terrence looked around before taking the man by the arm and lifting him up. Bodies were scattered everywhere and he was worried, no criminal magi would throw away bodies that were perfect material for experiments and leaving someone alive was never their way of doing things. That, or he had managed to escape from his captor who was no doubt, very close.

He ignored the dead and looked at the three of his members. He pointed at Samuel and pushed the scout towards him, letting him take the man by the shoulder. He signal with his hands towards the exit, telling him to exit as quickly as possible with the scout. After that, he looked at Illiam and Aldarich and pointed at the area that would let them proceed deeper into the tunnel. He made jabs towards the four corners of the tunnel in front of them and pointed at Illiam, a signal for him to check if there was any magical presence nearby. He pointed at Aldarich next and pointed at Samuel, telling him to assist his teammate to get out of the place, it was much too dangerous right now and they needed a plan before going back in.
Listen.

Postby Zelosse » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:37 am

-R.E.U-

Ever vigilant was how assassins made their name and REU was the best around by far, exactly why nobody thought about a potential ambush so close to the entrance. It was too obvious right? Wrong. That was just how things like this worked for the demented or the clever. Seemingly stepping from thin air, help of a light cloaking device and a secret entrance in the area, R.E.U thrust forward with a long barbed knife, it skewered the unfortunate scouts neck and held fast. Without wasting a beat of a human heart the sudden attacker planted his fist square into Samuel's head with inhuman force that sent the man reeling into a wall that was deceptively unsteady. Without so much as an ounce of resistance the sewer wall simply slid open into a large pitfall, close to 10 feet freefall. Once the man was out of sight the door shut and large iron bars behind it clamped down.

R.E.U Knew where the scout was, he had simply waited to finish him off.
As the man fell and the scouts eyes reeled in his head the assassin brushed past anyone else in his way to grab the one giving the orders in the group and laid him out with a clean shot to the jaw, it was tricky knocking someone out cold through a helmet so R.E.U had planned to simply stun him. Pressing a small button on his wrist the floor below the captain and REU fell out before quickly snapping back into place. The sewer team had just lost 2 members in the course of a few heartbeats.

-THUMP-

A few heartbeats later....

-THUMP-

R.E.U was an agile adversary, the fall was ended with little shock or sound as his boots simply made a soft thudding noise on the ground as he crouched low to brace the impact. He needed these 2 alive for now so without a word simply walked into the middle of the chamber they were in.
It was a large metallic room with no windows but a few vents placed in the top of the cell, some loose chains dangled harmlessly above the floor, blood splattered along the walls. No visible exits. A corpse of a scout lay in the corner with it's eye's surgically removed.
R.E.U would give these 2 a fair fight before making them talk.
Last edited by Zelosse on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Karo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:19 am

Aureli sighed as her team leader walked away without her after giving his instructions. He seemed quite stupid, if he didn't do any research to find out what the members of his team could do in advance. Truth be told, she didn't know exactly what her teammates could do either, but it was slightly more acceptable because it wasn't her job to know, and she had a basic idea of what they could do. She sighed and removed the bandages from her arms, quickly rolling them up and placing them in one of the many hidden pockets in her petticoat-styled underskirts. She drew her obsidian dagger and shook her head quietly before following after Terrence. Were anyone to touch her at this point, she would feel as if she had a high fever, her blood was almost literally boiling as she cooked up a fast-acting paralytic. SHe walked slowly to give the magic time to reach full potency (it only took her a minute of two, as it was a simple one, and one of her favorites) so she caught up to the group just as two of their members disappeared, kidnapped by some stranger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aelelia watched as Aoora tore the jugular out of the man she had just tripped, and showed no emotion about the kill. He was a small fry for a shadow mage, completely overpowered by the great wolf and taken by surprise. Aelelia looked around for the next mage to target, but Aoora lifted his nose into the air and let out a short, deep howl. It was the kind he would use to scare intruders from his territory, and Aelelia quickly copied it, pointing her nose to the ceiling and filling her lungs completely before sounding out a much longer howl.

It began low, though it quickly rose it pitch, until Aelelia was emitting sounds that most humans likened to nails on a chalkboard. Then the sound dropped again, and Aelelia began growliing, revealing her teeth and snarling, revealing canines that were somewhat longer and a tad sharper than most humans, marking her a a druid who had spent quite some time living amongst carnivores, where it was eat like the animals or go hungry. Her howl was the call to the hunt, Aoora had scented the target just as she told Pluto he would. Now that Aoora had pointed his scent out, she could smell it as well, it was the same as the thick, putrid smell that permeated the entire building. Girl and wolf alike went running after the smell, barreling through weakling mages left and right, Aoora flat out bowling them over, while Aelelia cracked many of the confused mages over the head with her staff, stunning them long enough for other members of the team to take care of them.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Iris » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:29 am

-Abaddon, Surface Team, Diversion-

The heavy sounds of the power armour crushing the ground beneath him filled Abaddon's mind as he walked from the landing sight, due to the weight of his armour he always had to rely on alternative transportation when assigned to a team. Due to this he had missed the ceremony and hadn't met any of the new recruits, however he had made contact with the surface team's leader; Pluto.
He had been deployed several clicks away from the hot-zone, Abaddon knew that it was risky to send in a transportation vehicle so close into the fray so he had to walk and as he got closer his ears picked up the sounds of fighting, it looked like the operation was underway. The initial assault had drawn the attention away from himself, allowing him to close in without being ambushed as well as having to avoid trying to sneak in. The bulky power-armour had it's advantages and disadvantages, stealth and water related missions were not it's forte but it's use in combat made up for that.

When he finally arrived at the warehouse, the armoured man decided to check up with the team leader not wanting to disrupt any potential plans he might have made while he was on his way. Making sure the channel was secure he activated his communication link, "This is the first horseman reporting, what are your orders team leader?" Whilst Abaddon was experienced in combat he knew that the chain of command had to remain, any unnecessary diversions from it might cause the team leader to become weaker in his position. Abaddon was here to help in anyway possible, be it in combat or through advice. He wasn't here to be a maverick or take command.
"What's the situation like for you guys? Sounds like a party. Do you require a party crasher?" The man's voice had a hint of humour as he spoke, it was somewhat aged but it still remained calm even as he moved into position for a response.

Postby Keiran » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:34 am

Adalrich stared slightly for a moment then turned to his team-mates, “Fuck. Uh, …should we go after them or clear out the tunnels?” Mentally he was berating himself, how could he do that? It was his fault, and his fault along. Adalrich looked about to cry for a moment, then shook his head. He looked up, his blue eyes glowing slightly in the darkness. “Illiam, Aureli, you two go clear out the tunnels, stick together and if you can’t handle it, run back here. I’m going to help X and Samuel. This is my fault.” He turned, and placed his hand on each of their shoulder, Aureli was hot to the touch. “Remember, when in doubt, run.”

Postby Karo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:20 am

Aureli quickly shrugged Adalrich's hand off of her and shook her head, her deep blue eyes fixed on the other boy. "Stay." Her cute voice, so at odds with her appearance, was calm even though two of their team had literally just vanished before them, and a man had been killed in the process. Now was not the time for her to be nervous, and it was obvious that neither of the two boys would be very reasonable. She pointed at all three of them, then pointed to the floor where Terrence and Samuel had fallen through, then made a walking motion with her fingers. "Together." Together they were safer, and stronger. Together they would find the others and clear out the sewer, but the safety of the group as a whole was first priority.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Keiran » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Adalrich looked at the older girl and thought, his jaw quivering and his eyes were slightly watery. "But..." he whimpered slightly, turning his hair black. "...you're right. We need to do the mission, we'll come back though, right?" He closed his eyes and added muscle on his body, "Let's go. We have a job to do." He rubbed his eye with one sleeve and pulled his staff close. "We'll be okay."

Postby Rough Giraffe » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:48 am

Sam heard the sound of a jagged knife embedding itself in flesh and turned sharply just in time to come face-to-fist with what appeared to be---at least for the instant that he saw it---a robot. The force of its punch made his vision go pink and green and white, and he remembered hitting a wall, which gave weigh, and then he was falling.

On his way down, he saw the floor and chanted the cantrip for his free-fall spell, and floated gently to the ground. He quickly cast a light healing spell on himself to take care of the punch to the face, and then recast True Sight so he could take a look around.

Before he could, though, X came falling down via another trap door, as well as the robot from before---which he could now more clearly see was an Operative-type Gadget user. He shot his hand out at the last second and cast the same free-fall spell on X, then with his other hand threw out a speed buff so X could move away in a big hurry. After X moved away, hopefully to join him before an attack, Sam would able to get a good look at this new foe, who was moving into the center of the room.

While this one seemed human, he had a number of cybernetic implants, making him look like a cyborg off of some Sci-Fi TV show from the 90s. (you know the one) He had a rifle; from where he was standing, Sam couldn't tell if it was an M82, an M4, or what, but it looked deadly. To all appearances, he was someone who took pleasure in assassinating mages. His face was nearly impassive; cold and calculating; probably as intelligent as he was strong.

He needed to ready his spells and work on a plan of attack; X and Sam would need to cooperate completely in order to overcome and escape. He glanced around the room, planning ahead, anticipating his opponent's moves and reactions.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:41 am

-R.E.U-

REU crossed his arms as the young one scanned the room, the residual magic in his eyes gave it away that he was looking for a way out or any other traps. He'd see below the floor he stood was a pitfall with large spikes, behind REU and the thick metal plating of the wall were small needle holes that would litter the area with the poison-tipped menaces, enough to coat a man head to toe. There were others that seemed inactive at the moment or simply didn't make sense as to their placement but those were for later.

Behind his demon mask the cold blooded killer watched patiently, the boy was fast and had a good sense of duty for saving comrades and preventing harm. The healing magic that still surged along his body made him a large threat to R.E.U but the other soldier was clearly an officer of some skill so the priority list was murky.
R.E.U finally spoke up, his voice was oddly warm and welcoming for someone who had done such attrocities to other human beings. "Do not bother searching this place for a way out, you will die long before you get a chance. . ." He trailed off before revealing a small black remote with a blue button on the front, with a click of the button 4 small generators at the very top of the rooms corners hummed to life and the effects were immediate, a small glass panel slid infront of them and the room seemed to get heavier for a moment before returning to normal. But something was very different.

The magic in the room was gone.

"Null-magic generators. This entire room no longer gives the occupants access to whatever magic they can muster, It would be wise to make your next moves wisely before I decide to grind your skulls to dust between my fingers." The way he said it made it very clear there was not joking, and they probably wouldn't be the first person he'd done it to either. The demon mask he wore continued it's hellish toothy grin as the eyes changed to a deep black.

Postby Garethcool » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:09 am

Illian - Paranoia Incarnate

~ Sewer Group 2 ~

Illian moved surprisingly fast, trying to catch Sam. The feeling of his aura was too good to allow it to leave. Illian hit the wall just after it closed again, swearing under his breath. "Crap! Wait... I can still track him, just gotta focus on him... Gotta focus on... Um. There's something screwy going on down there..." He motioned to the wall. "I could see his aura until a second ago... There's something blocking me, or nulling magic down there." Illiam shivered. "What kind of monster nullifies magic?" Illian shook his head and nodded at Aureli. "You're right. Making rash decisions like that isn't going to get us anywhere. I can scan ahead for anyone, and I'm rather good with barriers." He motioned for one of them to lead. "Although this place seems almost... dead. I'm assuming that 'thing' that attacked us did in all of these guys too..."
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Keiran » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 am

Adalrich nodded, glancing back. "I can be the muscle," he said, "And I've got dark-vision right now." He stepped forward, tapping his staff to the floor. He looked uncertain, almost frightened, but he took the lead. He was a child taking an adult's role, fumbling forward. "We'll be back," he said, moving ahead of the group, "After the mission. We can't let them down, right?" He bit his lip and looked with innocence and hope, that everything would be okay. He smiled and ran his fingers through his hair, walking forward and tapping the ground ahead of him, only stepping where he pressed. "C'mon."

Postby Soul » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:02 pm

The initial wave of grunts that the group had fought through were rather surprised at Pluto's initial assault. The squad fell easily underneath the barrage of attacks from the Masked Rider and his team. Two taken by Peter's undead, one by Aelelia and her wolf, and the last few by Pluto's gunfire. The gaping hole caused by Pluto was now a gaping hole splattered with blood. An eerie silence fell over them as the final team member arrived to join the surface team. Abaddon in his power-suit, would be a good distraction for the potential squads ahead.

After a few moments of silence the blood splattered door in front of them creaked open. For a moment it was left a jar, silence still dominating the area aside from the creaking of rotting wood.

Gunfire burst through the wall randomly at the team. A heavy suppressing fire from at least four different assault rifles began to rain into the entrance of the derelict warehouse. Two smoke grenades were flung from behind both sides of the door, followed by two heads quickly looking from behind the threshold; eyes covered in what could be identified as helmets with heat scanning visors as well as the barrel of a high powered sniper rifle sticking from both ends. Smoke began to pour from the two canisters quickly and soon the snipers were taking pot shots towards Peter and Pluto. Every few minutes the suppressing fire seemed to alternate as if the four unseen men were alternating fire while the other two reloaded.

Underneath all the gunfire crying could be heard coming from the inside of the warehouse. Sounds of children begging to let go came from near the trained mercenaries, the team would have to be careful to not accidentally kill any of the children.

Postby Karo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Aureli looked over at the younger boy, and gave him a sort of half-smile. It was interesting that he was trying to become the leader of the remaining group once more, when he was just a moment ago attempting to rush off on his own. With a deft movement, her knife came slashing down, and a crimson line appeared on her arm. She looked at both boys, her blue eyes revealing how serious what she was about to say was. "Do. Not. Touch. Me." It was her simple warning, and the only one they would get. If either one of them came into contact with even a single drop of her blood, they would find themselves paralyzed for the next few hours. She wiped the knife off on her skirt, and put it back into it's sheath before sweeping her long hair aside and removing the sword tied to her back. She smeared her cut wrist down one side of the blade and then the other, before heading down the hallway ahead of the two boys. She was aware there were likely more traps ahead, but she was going to take charge of the three-man group, and there was little either one of the other two could do to stop her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aelelia and Aoora skidded to a stop as the bullets began to fly, hitting the floor and diving behind a large table that had been knocked over in the earlier scuffle. A dead mage was draped over the side, his legs in between the girl and her wolf companion. They could handle a few bullets, but there was no way they were getting through six shooters unharmed. Someone else was going to have to clear the way if they were going to get to their target. Aoora's ears flicked as he heard the children crying, and he let out a low growl followed by a short bark. Aelelia growled back to him, obviously restless now that she knew there were children behind the lines, little lives she could not yet get to to help.

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 am

{Masked Rider Pluto}

_Double Damn it_

" Copy that, first horseman, good to hear from a fellow comrade. " Pluto answered back, his commutation device much X's was also stored inside his helmet. " If you, got the party favors, your welcome to join in." He radioed over to Abaddon as he pulled the trigger of his rifle, shooting a few more rounds at enemy units. " Be wared through, we got two cherries a hippy, and her dog, over." He relayed to Abaddonn as he felt he should aware of what he's working with for a team. After the last one fell, a heavy silence went onto the battlefield. Troubling signs, these were, Pluto groaned and cursed " Shit."

It wasn't long before they were under fire, heavy fire. Smoke grenades, even, it seemed like amateur hour was over. Pluto drove to the nearest concrete wall. The left upper corner was blasted due to a sniper taking a pot shot at him. Pluto pressed his back to the wall, and clutched his rifle tightly. "Yeah, horseman, we're going..... oh fuck." Pluto suddenly cursed as on another line, he was getting a message from his hound. He shook his head, and then said to Abaddon " Fuckers, got children as hostages, what the fuck for?"

" Sick bastards, Horseman, we're going to need your special brand of assistance, while we come up with a plan to get the hostages out of there." Pluto mentioned over the radio.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Glacier » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:37 am

"Damnit, freaking, damn... stupid maintenance took too long. I swear they rely on this teleporter too much" Randall said as he finally arrived at the warehouse. He had received some minor briefing prior to his departure from the military base he was being housed at, but when he got on scene the gun fire was already going on. He arrived fully suited and masked up, and he was now trying to find Pluto who he had been given a description of prior to porting to his destination. He opened and clenched his fist in the Hand of Oblivion a few times before he headed towards the group being shot at. He checked his arm's power levels on his helmet's Graphical Display on the way. "The calvary's here, who needs to die?" he asked. "I can teleport if that helps" he said to the portion of the surface group he approached while trying not to be hit as he got closer. He had a shotgun in the non metallic hand, and the Hand of Oblivion was a weapon all its own, but he had the blade out as he was in combat mode.

Postby Keiran » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:55 am

Aladrich looked at Illiam, feeling slighted. "But... traps," he muttered, "Illiam, can you look for them? We'll have to work around her, I think. I'll protect you, now harm will come to you, promise." He looked up at the older boy and gave a slight smile. He was like a puppy, looking for approval. "We're gunna work together, I promise, just tell me how to push the enemies and I'll do it."

Postby Rough Giraffe » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:29 am

Samuel Gately - Despite all my rage, I am still just a Rat In A Cage...

The instant the null-magic generators powered up, Sam let out a groan as he suddenly felt weaker. Then, the feeling passed, and he blinked in surprise. He couldn't cast magic; he knew that much without even trying. Of course, that was the obvious course of action of someone who killed mages; rob them of their ability to seriously harm him. He stumbled backwards to X, putting a hand on his shoulder for support, then grabbed him by his shoulder and pulled him close for just a moment before breaking away and standing behind him for protection.

A lot of mages in the same situation might have freaked out. Many of them would have become useless because they new they were at a severe disadvantage. Sam knew he might be killed. But that didn't break his will to survive. More than his magic, his mind was his most dangerous weapon. He just had to use it.

He knew beating this guy would be tough, but he was sure that if they cooperated with one another they could get through this. The traps were obvious in their use, but as long as they were aware of their adversary's movements and reactions, they could defeat him.

As he glanced around the room, he didn't even realize that his eyes weren't glowing anymore, and his hair had returned to its usual shade of brown, still obscuring his eyes from sight.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing