A Touch of Evil v2 OOC. Sign-ups Open.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: A Touch of Evil v2 OOC

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:42 pm

I really like that your kept the planet theme going, Muse.

BMA <-------->

Similarities

Genetic Based, with gadgets, thanks to super science

Differences
Major Ones

1) One being that MAD requires genetic alternation for input of the armors for the selected user while the BMA process the information about the armors is already present within the DNA and simply triggers it. Thus it means, the MAD process can be applied to generally for one, while the BMA process can only be applied to certain few that possess certain genetic traits, therefore the MAD process is much safer than the BMA process and easier to mass produce.

2) The transformation possesses, the BMA process uses a disguised PSP with Discs and the MAD process uses a Walkman and Cards. Thus it means the those with the BMA process can blend in easier into society than the those with the MAD process as a walkman is generally outdated nowadays and the fact they can exposed themselves due to higher brain functions. That and the increased senses may also become more of a burden, if the right precautions aren't met.

That is freaking awesome.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Musicmac » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm glad you like it. :3
Listen.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:29 pm

CS added to my reserved post, tell me if anything needs to be changed ;D
Mephobiac

Postby Iris » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Just got two questions, when do you plan on closing the accepted list? And can super soldiers wear armoured suits that don't enhance their body in any way other than offering protection, or would this count towards the gadget?

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Awesome someone else on the operative side.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Iris » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Magic is fun and all but I like the heat of combat up close and personal, I plan on using a combination of Darksiders and this image as inspiration as well as having this as my theme MM.

I couldn't pass up on an opportunity like this.

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Well, I don't think armor would count as a gadget unless the armor could do something like iron man's suit for example.
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:52 pm

When suddenly, his suit turns into a ball!

And incidentally breaks all his bones
Mephobiac

Postby Iris » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Nah, the suits just there to soak up some damage and be used as a physical weapon. His gadget would be the weapon attached to the armour or something along those lines.

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Sounds cool, especially with an armor like that to wear. Does, he wear the armor constantly or does suddenly appear like Muse's character and my own.
More Robots

Postby Iris » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Only when he it's a formal occasion (so meetings, peace talks, etc.) or for a mission that doesn't require stealth.

Edit: And he has to manually put it on I might add. He can't put it on in a moments notice.

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 pm

I see, cool, cool. Makes me wonder how both groups are going to work together.
More Robots

Postby Soul » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:17 am

Yes. Power armor like that would most definitely be a gadget. It would also severely limit your movement in combat letting the more agile opponents get the upper hand on you.

This is turning out to be more popular than I expected. Accepted lists won't close, but if I get to many players I will have to start a wait list...

@Arch: Due to your character's history he hasn't received the same training that most of the other players have and therefore is not as advanced as the others. You can reform your CS to incorporate him being in and out of the Necropolis, a private tudor while he was in reform school, or some thing else that would bring him to apprentice level. If he were to go into the game with the understanding of summoning that he would have for only being in training for a short amount of time he would be able to summon much less than the average apprentice. Now if you provided some age markers that would make it easier...

Postby Villain » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:35 am

Alright give me some time to put in some age markers. Could I just have it at the bottom where it says

Stopped going to highschool at: 9
Got into Juvie at: 14
Left Juvie at: 17
Joined the Necromancer School of Magic at: 19
Today's age: 25
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Garethcool » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:53 am

First character is done, but the second one is not. I may not even finish him. I like how the first turned out though.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Iris » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:52 am

Actually Soul I plan on having my armour just be self made, not enhanced or such. My character wears it much like the knights of old. The image linked is only there for a visual aid, it wouldn't actually be power armour since that'd be somewhat hard to RP considering how tough that kind of armour is normally portrayed.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:15 am

Soul, did you see my CS? It's the second-to-last post of page 2, ready for your inspection.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Asmodai » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:47 am

Yeah same here, I take it no comments mean that it's okay? :3
Mephobiac

Postby Soul » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:41 pm

@Musicmac: Accepted.

@Ruffdraft: I hope you don't think that mutation will save you. Accepted.

@Asmodai: A little old to join the school like Arch's character. You'll have to wait a little bit before you can sap from the more powerful demons. Make him a little older or have him join the school at an earlier age to fix it, if you want. Accepted.

@Arch: Thats better. I thought he was only eighteen or twenty one upon graduation. Problem solved. Accepted.

@Gareth: Your first character is accepted.

@Zelosse: Hurry up. We're starting without you.

@Iris: If its not technologically advanced like a powersuit then yeah you can wear it without it taking a gadget slot. But I recommend its modified to allow your character to move around without restriction, which will still not take a gadget slot.

@Everyone: We're starting today, I'm writing the first post now.

Postby Asmodai » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:51 pm

He is now 26 years old, and enrolled when he was 16... which would make him a demonlogist for 10 years now. I'm assuming these studies dont really finish, and it's just something you follow your entire life?
Mephobiac

Postby Soul » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Upon entering yes, its a lifetime thing. Problem solved.

I would also like to note that the operatives that are attending are not graduating. You all have a different process you go through and have been field ready for quite some time.

Postby Karo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Name: Aelelia Breslin

Character Type: Druid

Specialization: Animal Mastery

Appearance: Aelelia is a thin, small (she’s 5'5" feet tall exactly) woman with a very soft face and more curves than ought to be on a person of her short stature. With her big brown eyes, shoulder-length soft blonde hair and gentle smile, she is the perfect person to look for if you need a hug when having a bad day. That said, she likes to wear simple clothes in calming colors, ranging from blue to green and brown. Her favorite outfit consists of loose, dark brown leather pants, woven reed sandals, a sky blue tank top made from flax and a knee-length, light brown wool overcoat.

Weaponry: Aelelia uses a seven foot long piece of bamboo as her main weapon, since she generally doesn’t like to fight unless provoked. The bamboo is polished so well that there isn’t a single blemish or speck of dirt on it, allowing the natural color to shine through. When not in use, it’s tied to Aelelia’s back by a thin piece of twine.

Personality: Aelelia is a gentle person, very much like a mother. Calming and kind, she enjoys taking care of others, be they human or animal. Because of this nature, she is always found with some small creature in the pockets of her overcoat that is in some stage of healing. She walks with no fear through the forest she lives in, though she has reservations of the great city outside of her home. She dislikes buildings with a passion, living her entire life outdoors has made her more than a bit claustrophobic. She is quite cold to those who disrespect her home, if anyone speaks ill of the woods in her presence as she guides them though (to her, outsiders are notorious for not knowing how to get around), she will lead them to one of the darkest parts of the forest and leave them there until they shout out an apology instead of taking them to their requested destination.

On the flip side, Aelelia is one of those people that you should never make angry. Have you ever heard the saying that the more cheerful a person is, the scarier they are when they snap? Aelelia is one of those people. Any sort of violence, especially towards her beloved animals, awakens a terrible rage inside her, which could be compared to a mother bear protecting her cubs. Anyone she finds abusing animals is beaten to a pulp before they even realize what’s going on, and once that person is stopped, Aelelia turns once more into her gentle self, rushing to the aid of the poor animal she was defending.

Background: Aelelia has spent her entire life living in the forest, both of her parents were druids as well. As soon as she could walk she was allowed to go wherever she wanted, though her parents did worry sometimes about her encountering the larger animals that lived there with them. That is, until they found her curled up with a great black wolf for a nap when she was only two years old. It was clear then that Aelelia would grow up to specialize in animal mastery, a thought that was reinforced as she got older.

As she got bigger, she began to roam farther and farther away from her parents, allowing the forest and it’s creatures to be her teachers in the ways of the world. She spent her entire childhood like this, though there was one animal who stayed by her side more than any other, the great black wolf she had been found with as a toddler. He was a grumpy thing, always growling deep in the back of his throat at her adventures, but kept her safe as if she were his own pup. She called him Aoora, it was her childish attempt to mimic his howls, and what she called him when she was first woken from her nap with him.

She has spent the saddest moments of her life with Aoora, he was her solace when she was told that her parents, both elemental druids, were murdered by a shadow mage on her sixteenth birthday. She approached the Druid leaders, requesting the right to fight against the shadow mages, but was refused, citing that she was too young and her training was incomplete. She went back to the forest, and spent four years alone, learning it’s secrets, learning to mimic the animals, to communicate with them, and to heal them. Once she was done, she returned to her leaders, and demonstrated her knowledge. They acknowledged her efforts and passed to her the final secret of animal transformation (though she knows the theory, she has not yet been able to put it into practice), and gave her the mission of finding and destroying the shadow mage that killed her parents. This was two years ago. She’s found and destroyed one mage, though it wasn’t the one she was looking for.

Additional Training: Aelelia has learned the basics of reading, writing and math in order to survive outside of the woods, though she hates being in the city with a passion. She is an accomplished tracker, especially when confined to the Park, it is much harder for her to notice what is out of place in the city. She can mimic almost all of the creatures of the forest, from the smallest mouse to the great grizzly bears. She has not yet mastered the calls or behaviors of the magical creatures of the forest, but practices to improve them. She shares a unique bond with Aoora, where most animals would come when she called and do one favor for her before leaving, Aoora stays with her at all times, and grudgingly does everything she asks. She knows there is something magical about the wolf, who has lived many times longer than any wolf, but he has not yet revealed his secrets, so she pretends like she doesn't notice it.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Glacier » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Name: Randall Lupus

Character Type: Super Human

Specialization: Close Quarters Combat

Appearance: Stands at 6’5” and weights 250 lbs of nearly pure muscle. He very well built and sport a buzz cut under his helmet. He wears all black army fatigue under his armor pieces which are gun metal. Black hair, brown eyes.

Weaponry: Hand of Oblivion – He has a bionic gauntlet that when equipped becomes integrated with his arm and provides armor that further amplifies his super human strength and punching power, contains retractable forearm blades, and enables him to teleport. It can absorb energy and discharge it in the form or a high voltage tazer or channel it into the blade for enhanced cutting power and shock value.

While the arm is capable of functioning by using the bodies own energy generated from the human’s magnetic field and static build up, the arm has its own energy storage and He keeps it on the charging dock when it’s not in use. The arm can go into overdrive, and while it pushes the arm's killing potential through the roof, this puts strain on the heart, mind, and body typically throughing the soldier into a frenzy. The tazer has five nearly lethal charges before if runs empty from fully powered, but it can release a very lethal full charge all at once if the over ride command is entered.

Aside from his arm, he has a standard issue heavy armored enforcer suit and helmet designated for use by the super soldier project. He carries a Desert Eagle and SPAS-15 Shotgun with two extra clips as well as special shots ranging from water rounds, rock salt, and dragon’s breath to slugs and steel pellet shells and grenades, first aid for anything too serious for his superior genetics to heal over night and a case of flash bangs.

Personality: He’s a mystery and yet very passionate about what he does, which is killing. He sees beauty in fighting as well as a rush for carrying out his purpose in life as deemed by the Government. A subject of Brainwashing, its hard to determine his real deep and warrior self from the enraged killing machine he was fashioned to be at times, but it’s obvious when the real person is on display mostly outside of combat conditions.

Background: will elaborate more. A product of genetic experiments and several year of training and life behind the most secure walls of the highest level of clearance facilities around the globe, he’s never known a life outside of training, combat, hunting, and war.

Additional Training: First Aid, Riot Control, and Black Ops lvl Training in survival, explosives, and shotgun usage.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:46 pm

@Soul: His condition is not designed to save him; if anything he needs to become more cautious because of it. He's a very powerful mage, but his condition makes it harder for him to be fully healed in the event he takes damage. I did mention this in my CS.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:35 am

Something similar to that for Pluto.
More Robots

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing