Dreamscape IC: I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Dreamscape IC: I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

Postby Iris » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Vodsky Boozehound

The drunken fighter moved awkwardly, at times he stumbled before falling or rolling on the ground. Every now and then he rolled into an attempt to walk on his hands which for the most part ended up failing miserably and looked rather comical. His speech was still slurred in a drunken haze and he never really spoke to anyone properly or at least eye to eye, as the character had the tendency to either sway from side-to-side or look at something besides them.... most likely a double created by the drunk status.

But when the sounds of the village came through the drunk status didn't alter it allowing the fighter to realize the seriousness of the situation. He personally hadn't gone through this opening either, in fact he wasn't even aware that there was another opening... then again considering his character's 'memory' it would've been sketchy at best.
"Sure ding, To*hic*bi. I'z tri 'n' be wit da grup 'til da figh'n startz." He replied to Tobi, of course he was looking at her with funny eyes as she was splitting in and out of multiple images making it difficult for him to determine who was the real one. "Annie one he'e a *hic* a tank? Juzz in case dem peps need help... Ya knowz...." The character shrugged off what he was about to say as he was probably rambling on about nothing too interesting for these new players.

Postby Keiran » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Raivis moved slightly in front of Tyler, pulling his hood up. He twirled his daggers slightly, and asked calmly, “Which way, Maestro?” He gave a slightly cocky grin as he looked to Tobi, hiding his slight nervousness, but then paused, “Dude, would our injuries in here transfer to the real world?"

Postby Asmodai » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:58 pm

"Yeah, of course. Evey wound you get right now will be transferred to your real body. The government would totally agree to such a 'game'" the sarcasm was dripping from her words. Bloody newbies, how was that even possible? This was the most popular game out there, how can they not know all this? "Of course the wounds wouldnt transfer, a game like that would never be allowed to be released on the market. In fact, you wont even feel pain. Can you imagine the psychological trauma it would put on you? Feeling the pain but it's not actually there? The game instead sends little jolts through your body which you could still interpret as pain." Really, under what rock did these people live?
Mephobiac

Postby Villain » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:19 am

Tyler was caught off guard at the surprising beginning, his first try at the game was a simple ambush by marauders, a whole town being burnt down? That was a bit heavy. Firming his grip on his Falchion's hilt he looked at the Thief step infront of him before diverting his attention to the drunk. He was rather humerous to watch, to say the least. If he could he'd make a entire reality tv show around the character, although it'd probably end after the third episode due to terrible ratings. Who'd want to watch a show about a bunch of drunk idiotis punching each other and acting like fools? Breaking away from his daydream he listens to Tobi, and by the end of it had had enough. Looking intently at the pro Tyler says "It was a simple question, you didn't have to get all jerkassish about one question from someone who is generally worried about there own health. Now if you're done talking I believe there's an entire freaking village on fire that we kind of need to save..." Tyler walked around Raivis and began to pace forward faster towards the fire, making sure his shield is close to him but not restricting his arm movements as he held it in his left hand.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Garethcool » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:12 am

Sven stayed silent, listening to everyone as they talked. He knew his role was always the one who got in trouble if something went wrong, so he had finally decided to not make enemies. "I'll go with you, sir Tyler. I do hope you're ready for some shenanigans." He hastened his step and followed Tyler step for step "I read some stuff online about owners and people who played this game early. I heard that the scoring system is crazy. I hope we've got a good group together." He smiled at Tyler a bit. The player's thoughts raced during the short mainly one-sided conversation. Old habits die hard, and this habit seemed immortal.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Geomancer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Ralun looked up and sniffed the air, then grimaced. "Man, they managed to make sensory inputs as real as they are disgusting. That kind of smoke stinks. I'm going to go save the helpless people. Supports, follow behind me as backup, if you would." Ralun gestured, then strode toward the town. He hoped that they would follow and that he wouldn't find himself alone. If he did, well, he'd have to do a little strategic placement until he was by another person.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Glacier » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Nathyne watched as the final character entered the game and like clock work everything started to move into place. The gust of wind caught him by surprise, but there was no mistaking which way they were supposed to be going now. Besides the smoke on the wind, Nathyne could smell rotting flesh. He checked out the newest addition to the party to see the guy or gal had made a zombie. "Guess that explains the smell" Nathyne said.

He listened to a portion of what the person was saying about the this particular starting point, but around the advice to log off if they were squeamish, Nathyne ran off toward the village roaring, "Leeerooy mJennkinnnsss!" His bow at the ready, and crossbow on stand by, Nathyne used some caution as he left the clearing and gazed upon the flaming village. He slipped in closer to try and talk to a villager who was crying over their loved ones still trapped inside the inferno. "What happened here?" he asked before throwing himself further into danger.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:34 am

-Zelosse-

With a grin, the rather excited and practiced mage ran off to the sound of screaming and the smell of smoke. Fire. Typical. When the tree's thinned out and the village came into sight clearly there was only one thing he could think about. His lack of abilities to STOP fires, instead of the many spells he had to start fires of this magnitude.
Crap to his foresight in skill-choices.
With a resigned shrug of indifference to virtual suffering he continued to advance with the group, it was obvious to a logical person that this was an attack from NPC monsters to get everyone ready for the battle-segment of this game. Violence dominated his real life so he wasn't afraid of what was surely to come, instead he though of the spells he could cast quickly and prepared to use them at a moments notice.

Postby Keiran » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 am

“Naw, it’s cool Tyler,” said Raivis with a grin, and started to follow the much larger man and the white mage, “I’m a bit out of the loop, I don’t get out of my house much. Usually I play the old games, like Fallout. It’s kinda expected that the older one will get frustrated with me.” He glanced at Ralun, and muttered, “At least I don’t complain about how real it is. I think it’s awesome.”

“… he wasn’t supposed to do that,” said Raivis staring as Nathan ran off, “He’s going to get killed. We agreed to go as a group, didn’t we?”

Postby Villain » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:01 pm

Tyler looked forward at Nathyne and face palmed as he saw him try to pull off a meme in the video game. The last thing we needed was there long range support dying in the first level. Rasing his shield hand he drummed his fingers against his helmet while muttering "Think think think dammit! Alright so... Alright I got it.". He shifts his torso so he can look back at the group before saying "Sven, I'm going in there to help the Archer, try to heal me but save it for the Archer. He's going to need it more considering he'll be in there longer, Ralun you think you can back me up? Raivis go out and take a curving path to flank the town ahead of us, try to see what's up so we know what monsters we're up against. If you can find a monster that isn't in a group and is alone then kill it but do not engage in combat until you give us the info, then go back and pick them off. Tobi I want you and the mage to stay in the back and lob long range attacks when I and Ralun get in there. Necromancer send wave after wave of your creations to support us, and to soften them up. Alright does that sound good to everyone?”
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Soul » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:45 am

Lothian looked at his party and as they all charged he visibly facepalmed. All of them, idiots. Yes we'll charge blindly into a burning village. He followed slowly behind them all, preparing a spell in case of an actual battle, and having his summon lead closely in front. Lothian had no intention of speaking to the rest of the group unless he had to. Instead he followed in the back, ready to fling shards of bone towards any foe that came at him.

He watched with a scowl as two of his party members continued on down the path, One barking orders to not leave the party like he knew how the game worked, one totally drunk, and they were all newbies, at least from his perspective they were. Groaning as he followed Lothian continued to keep to himself, ignoring the orders that may or may not have been barked at him, he knew how to play the game and other players weren't going to tell him how to keep it together.

Postby Karo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:26 am

As the party charged into the middle of town expecting a fight of some sort, they would find no such thing waiting for them. Instead, they found only roaring heat from the burning buildings around them, bodies charred to a crisp lying on the ground, and the few remaining live villagers screaming and crying for loved ones who were dead in the street or alive and trapped inside the burning building. It should now be clear that the players needed to help the villagers in order to gain information about the world they had just entered, information that could mean life or death for them later in the game. And if the bodies and the burning buildings weren't enough of a clue, hopefully the woman five feet away from them screaming for someone to save her three children from their burning home would be.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Zelosse » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:41 am

-Zelosse-

With a sigh of both irritation and relief the mage ran forward, it was the 'info' starting quests. Tedious and boring but necessary for quick armor upgrades and the like for simply helping, people tend to be generous when their lives are saved and he figured a game world was no different when it was as real as this.
Running towards the house took all of 10 seconds and he already had a plan to help the children trapped inside, he called back to the teams healer to cover his health as he began. Standing at the door he channeled his fireball spell and launched the small pea-sized explosive outwards, a few feet from the door he cast fireblast on the pea causing it to emit a loud burst of air that smashed the weakened door and dispersed a good portion of the flames clinging around it. Rushing inside he frantically searched for the children, using his sleeve as a filter to prevent major smoke inhalation. Every so often he'd cast a fireblast in his area to create gusts of wind that were less powerful without the fireball acting as a strong catalyst.

Postby Garethcool » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:12 am

Sven followed Zelosse, muttering to himself. "I'll keep us alive, just work on spotting the children." Sven muttered under his breath, stamping the small flames from the bottom of his robes. "I hope we find them soon... It's awfully warm in here, and the smell of burning is way too real for me." Sven coughed loudly, the sound startling to himself. He knew there was no way the smoke would irritate his lungs this much, at least not in any other game. An image of the arcade being on fire, and being stuck in the game took over his imagination, but he ignored it as he followed Zelosse. He muttered a mantra under his breath, staying calm. "This is just a game, I'm in an arcade..."
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Keiran » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 am

Raivis followed Sven and Zelosse, shivering slightly in the heat. So realistic, amazing. He pulled his cloak down over his eyes to protect them and called out, "Kiddies? Where are you?" He pressed his hand to a door, and looked to the other two, "There's no fire beyond this door, they may be here." He pulled on the doorknob, trying to see if it was locked.

Postby Glacier » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 am

Nathyne watched the scene unfolding about him, the person he was talking to had been too hysterical to offer him any answers, so he moved on. He noticed the grim scene around him and without aid the survivors weren't exactly inclined to help them. He did see a few players charge into a burning building, but he wasn't going to chase after them. He ventured further into the village to see if he could find the source of the blazing inferno. Maybe uncovering the cause could answer a few things for him, was his current thought process.

As he moved, he came upon a few orphaned children, the parents charred corpses hanging out the window of their former home. What he heard amidst the sobs and the roaring fire were the frantic yelps of a trapped animal. He followed his colleagues example and put a few strong shots through the door and booted it open. He used his cloak to cover his mouth as he charged in and followed the cries for help until they went silent. He emerged from the house a few minute later with a few burn marks and soot, but bundled in his arms was a small husky pup and behind him was a limping mother. She collapsed soon after exiting the building, but he handed over the dog to its owners and checked the mom to see that she was only resting. "I'm sorry about your parents, but now these guys need you. I can help you find some food and a new town, but I need some help too." he said. "How did this happen?" he asked hoping to get something.

Postby Geomancer » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Ralun looked around for some innocents to save. He found some easily enough. He ran up to the house and stabbed the door. He yanked his weapon back, pulling the door along with it, sending it flying behind him. He sheathed his blades and ran in to grab two children, one under each arm. He put them down and fell to his knees and coughed out all the smoke he had inhaled. "Jeez *cough* they made *cough* this game realistic *cough*." After a few minutes the coughing stopped and he got back up. He went outside of the burning village to get his strength back, then rushed in again to help someone else.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Asmodai » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:27 am

"One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Missis-" Tobi let out a groan and marched after the others. These people were getting on her nerves, why did she always had to get teamed up with the noobs? But they'd be shown soon enough what the costs for not listening to advice would be, the game always made sure of that.

The burning village made little impression on her, just another quest among hundred yet to come. Tobi didnt even bother trying to rescue any of the villagers still trapped in the burning buildings. "Whats the point? We dont have a active quest to do so..." she mumbled to herself. Besides, these were just mindless AI anyway, they'd disappear as soon as they left the area. And even if they gave rewards, what could they give? The village was burned after all!

Still, she felt uneasiness at the whole scene. It was rather vivid, she even had to cough thanks to the smoke. It wasnt hard to understand why this was a rather controversial start. What could've done this? Would the game really pit them against fire elementals this early on? Or was it just a simple bandit raid?

Deep in thought she made her way through the street flanked by burning buildings, towards the village square. Answers were always at the center of all the trouble, it was gaming 101. She made sure she was still within shouting distance of the others, although she wondered how much help they would really be.
Mephobiac

Postby Villain » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:27 am

Tyler Richards

Looking around at the village Tyler sighed to himself. Charging forward he darts his eyes around, trying to find the one building he really wants to save. Ignoring most of the NPC's pleas he finally stumbles across the one building that is most important to him. The stables. Busting down the door he see's a man pinned down under a shelf through the smoke. Coughing repeatedly Tyler makes his way across the room and grabs the fallen shelf. Lifting it up to allow the man to run away and escape. The intense heat was starting to become to much for him, and he knew he needed some assistance in freeing the animals. Looking at the numerous rats he began to siphon there souls, killing them pretty much instantly, dropping the shelf he began walking towards the horse's, killing the rats with each step, and making sure to put his hand near his face to shield his eyes. The horses were crazed and scared by the fire, drawing out his Falchion he bashed open the doors that were blocking the horses one by one. Kicking open a hole threw the wall so that the horses could escape faster Tyler was starting to feel weak again, looking at the horses he spots one with a limp and begins to Siphon it's soul to. Leading all the horses out took some time, and by the end of it the limping horse was dead. Leaping out of the building he landed on his knees, panting heavily, and ended up petting a black horse he found in the stable. Playing around with it temporarily before seeing the Veteran walking to the center of the town. Telling the horse to stay still Tyler sprints over to Tobi, taking her side with his shield and Falchion ready and armed. He looked at the Alchemist and asks "What do you have in mind?".

Postby Karo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:55 am

The house that Zelosse, Sven, and Raivis were in groaned as the fire spread, licking hungrily at the walls and ceiling as they tried the door. The knob turned easily in Raivis' hand, but he wound find the iron knob heating up under his touch, and the door didn't move. It was jammed, and the children's crying grew louder from behind it. The fire on the roof was growing quickly, and the smoke inside was growing thicker and darker by the moment.

The children gathered around their beloved pets, sobbing. The oldest, a girl, held onto her two little brothers as they cuddled the puppy and it's mother. "Thank you very much sir, for helping us. These dogs are our livelihood. They're bred to be famous hunters for the nobility." She gave him a grateful smile, but turned white as a sheet when he asked what had caused all the devastation. "I'd... I'd rather not talk about it. You should go see the mayor. He should be by a great old oak at the edge of the woods. That's the town's emergency point."

The children dashed off the minute Ralun let go of them, and as he returned to the town again, his path would be impeded by a burning building collapsing before him. The town was beginning to come down completely.

Tobi would find the village square, which was really more of a circle, empty. The center of town was a ring of smoldering ruins, with not a soul in sight. There were no answers to be found there. Only that the fire was not started by any sort of obvious means.

The horses began to whicker nervously as Tyler began to walk away, and one by one began to follow him. There were nine horses, one for each of the party members. They plodded through the silent center of town, waiting for their rescuer to steady their nerves.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Keiran » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:28 am

Raivis slammed his shoulder into the door, calling through, "Stay away from the fire! ... and the door!" He turned to Zelosse, "Over here! Can you blast this door?" He fretted, jumping from foot to foot. "I'll grab them right after, I can run fast." He placed his hand on the door, and coughed, his eyes watering slightly.

Postby Iris » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:45 am

Vodsky Boozehound

The fires and screaming were the first thing that really bothered Vodsky, from past gaming experience as this class he knew he'd be rather useless due to his drunken status and his rather comical role in the game. Because of this he knew that as a drunken fighter he would get in the way if he tried to do something too outlandish yet on the other hand he could not have his character simply stand around and do nothing...

It took him a while to figure out how he would be able to help right now, stumbling as he went Vodsky eventually neared the well, several NPCs were busy trying to fill buckets and dash off to water off various houses and shops. But they were too few right now, taking this as a quest Vodsky positioned himself were the line was at its weakest and aided in passing the buckets of water as best he could. It wasn't an easy task due to his constant swaying but thankfully he hadn't been able to reach the usual drunkenness required to fight effectively.
Yet the efforts could not be clearly seen, Vodsky could not tell if the water was aiding in putting out the fires or were merely delaying the inevitable. Smoke choked the sky as the roar of burning buildings deafened the surroundings. Between the cracks of burning embers and crashing of charred wood, Vodsky could still hear cries of NPCs trapped in their houses. Other players tried to free them from the houses... or so he assumed anyway.

Figuring that he might as well try to assist in this endeavor Vodsky tried to direct the NPCs to water a single house at a time, rather than spreading the water out. However due to his drunken status, he wasn't sure if his message was heard or understandable.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:31 am

Tobi looked over at the man standing beside her. What was his name again? Richard something something. Odd looking fellow, but he looked competent enough.
"Honestly? I have no clue." The fires were spreading quite vigorously, the town was as good as done for if something didn't happen soon to stop most of these fires. The cause was a bit hard to determine, she was no firefighter. "Best be on our toes, whoever, or whatever, did this might still be around.".

She was a bit disappointed that there wasn't anything interesting at the square, or circle rather. Might as well wait and see what will happen.
Mephobiac

Postby Villain » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:26 pm

Tyler Richard James

Looking at Tobi, whats her face, Tyler began to remember her being a bit of a bossy stick up the arse jerk. Or atleast that's what his memory painted. Deciding not to get on her bad side by making a dumb comment like "So, I guess theres nothing in the town square?" he instead says "Yeah, most likely. Anything willing to go to this amount of mayhem must be sadistic, and if they're sadistic they'll want to stick around to see the fruits of there labor..... Although we may not be forced to wiat around for them" leaning down he begins to scan the dirt for foot prints, paying extra close attention for anything that wouldn't be made by a human. Hearing the horses he pivots around to see the line following him "Great I'm the pied piper of horses, come on now. Settle down, husssssshhhhh." he says as he begins to pet a few of them and try to get them settled down so that he can return to scanning for footprints.

Postby Geomancer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Ralun sighed. There was no way he was going to be able to save anyone else, even if there was anyone left alive. He looked around for the other players. Eventually he noticed an some of the others with horses. Nine of the mounts were there. Ralun rolled his eyes. They were really being blatant about that bit. He walked up to the other heroes and said "So, did anyone find out anything about the cause of the fire?" He didn't notice he was completely covered in soot and, given the brief amount of time they had seen him, they probably wouldn't recognize him.

GMancer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing