Dreamscape OOC Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Dreamscape OOC Open

Postby Garethcool » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:39 am

I based this character off a joke between me and my friend known as 'The Ballsiest Little Freeblade'.
I put a title in there for kicks.

And a gay character never hurt anyone. yet.

The Character Sheet.

Character Name: Sven <Serra's Servant>

Character Gender: Male

Character Class: White Mage/Cleric

Appearance: A fairly short male with long flowing blond hair, Sven seems to be the generic white mage. He is often seen with orphans clinging to him in town, as he will often buy them food and the like. He often wears long white robes that hang over his hands and shrouds his face, but what lies underneath is the truly astounding part. Underneath he wears thick leather armor that is designed for the utmost mobility. It's mostly strips wrapped around his torso and arms in such a way that tensing his muscles will protect himself. Although he usually goes out without this armor on, he always wears it when exiting a town. He's known for too long that a rogue would go out of their way to gank a poor defenseless white mage, so 'preparing' himself with the armor often gets him out of a tight spot.

His specialty is the large "brass knuckles" that hang off his wrists, concealed by his cloak when not in use. The weapons themselves were 'gifts' from some thieves he had 'saved' by showing them the 'faith' inside them. And by hitting them with a large mallet. He specializes in 'cheap shots' and hitting the unaware target with the blades off the sides of his knuckles. Although he frowns upon this himself he finds it to be in his best interest as he's helping the poor and unfortunate, while that robber undoubtedly was not.

Although he is prone to 'convincing' a few people on the wrong path of his conviction he is a kind-hearted man with a kind face. He always has his hair pulled into a ponytail, sans a few strands that aren't quite long enough to actually make it to the ponytail. His beard is shaved every third day, often leaving him with a scraggly beard. He doesn't seemed bothered by this, but if he is he doesn't show it. He's rather well-groomed and you will never find dirt under his fingernails, or his face dirtied. He prefers being clean to any of the alternatives. Although the character is male, his operator is female, often leading him into homo-erotic situations for a giggle.

Special skills:
Level 1:
Minor heal
Turn Undead

Level 2:
Bless (adds holy strength to target)
Purge (Rids target of one disease/poison)

Level 5:
Holy Sigil (Multi-target heal)
Holy Sight (Large orb that lights a room completely, destructible.)

Level 10:
Holy Flame (Burns Enemies, heals allies)
Soul Parry (Dulls an enemies blade to the point where it cannot cut)

Level 15:
Heal (larger heal)
Dispense Justice (Single Target [Aura]. If the target would be hit, the strike is inflicted on the attacker. Channeled)

Level 20:
Summon Cherub (Summons a miniature 'priest' that casts minor heals)
Vigil For the Lost (Ressurects a single ally at 25 percent full health)

Level 25:
Whitesun Prayers (small, very fast heal)
Smite (Inflicts: Stun)

Level 30:
Greater Heal
Luminous Wake (Inflicts: Confuse, Blindness)

Level 35:
Monks Rights (Inflicts: Silence, Paralysis)
Judgement (Exile a creature or an enemy for several minutes)

Level 40:
Holy Form (Increase spell strength)
Lay on Hands (Full heal, takes 2 hours to prepare)

Level 45:
Within Gods Sight (Inflicts: Petrify)
Meditation (replaces sleep, allows full awareness)

Level 50:
Summon Angel (See Cherub, but with greater heals, and other spells)
Angelic Arbiter (Large angel wings encompass the caster, making him impervious to interrupts and backstab-type moves)

Level 55:
Bless Liquid (Adds holy damage/traits to a liquid)
Cleanse Food/Drink (poisoned food is no longer dangerous)

Level 60:
Sense motive (durr.)
God-given senses (Increased chance to see invisible/hidden targets, increased hearing, better reaction time)

Level 65:
Gods Aim (Gives perfect accuracy to the target for 60 seconds, may be cast on the same target twice before the ability loses effects)

Level 70:
Savior's Grace (Summons the sword and shield of "The Savior", an almighty paladin who got his weapons from the gods)
Savior's Strength (Summons the Savior himself, but for a very short time)

Level 75:
Rebirth (Resurrects caster. Once per day.)
Mass Resurrect (Resurrects 5 targets, spell bounces, bringing each target back with less health.)
1st target is healed to 90 percent health, second at 80, third at 70, fourth at 60 and last at 50.

Weapon: large spiked knuckledusters, Life Staff

Fighting Style: Ballsy Little Sonnabitch
Last edited by Garethcool on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Karo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:39 am

That character looks pretty good Gareth, just needs the rest of the skills.

Arch, why do you insist on trying to torture me with a bard character?
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Garethcool » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:45 am

THE BALLSIEST LITTLE FREEBLADE SHALL LIVE ON!

Yeah, running out of ideas. I'm gonna look at WoW and DnD for inspiration.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:35 am

haha Gareth, that character is awesome... I already see a few debates between him and Tobi on this so called 'religion'
Not that she doesnt mind his heals though
Mephobiac

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Karo wrote:Arch, why do you insist on trying to torture me with a bard character?

Because im determined to find that one loophole.

But fine i'll back off the bard thing, just tell me is there anything different between a paladin and a warrior?
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:56 pm

The Character Sheet.

Character Name:Amber Nicole Davinson

Character Gender:Female

Character Class:Rogue

Appearance:She has long, black, straight hair that she can sit on. Green eyes with a mischievous shine and milky white skin. Naturally red lips hide her straight teeth. Her nose is small and upturned.She is petite, 5'3, which allows her to hide in small spaces. She wears a black leather bodice and breeches with a soft white shirt and knee high boots. She has a belt that holds a pouch for putting what she collects and her dagger. There are bands around her hands so she can swing from things with out chafing. Also, she has a scar on her cheek from a fight with the man that killed her father. She has a nice hourglass figure. A tiny bust though, but compared to her tiny waist, big. Her legs are long and slender

Often seduces men to get something valuable, or use her appearance to get out of dire situations. She never lets anyone into her life, for fear she might lose them like she did her father, and has a dangerous curiosity with fire. She pushes people away with her jerkiness. She has never loved, but maybe this game will be different. Despite seducing men, she is sill a virgin, and intends to stay that way.

She stands up straight and walks with a special confidence that says I don't care what you think and I KNOW I can get you to do what I want. She looks you in the eye when she talks and actually pays attention. Despite her tuff demeanor, she cries very easily. When she's nervous she picks her nails, which is why they are always red and slightly swollen. She has a nasty temper and if anyone says anything about her being small... forget about it. You'll be ripped to shreds.

Special skills:
Level 1 Speed:
can sprint like an Olympian athlete, but gets worn out quickly

Level 4: Agility
Amazing balance allows her to walk on even the smallest , skinniest surfaces. NOt to mention flip and hang like an acrobat.

Level 2: Charm
Can talk herself out of situations such as being caught stealing and trespassing.

Level 23 Blending:
Can blend into shadows and any surroundings.

Level 14 Steal:
Can steal up to 6 items per person

Level 16 seductress:
Can seduce monsters into doing whatever she wants. But only if male

Weapon:Dagger with razor sharp blade, inscripted with Never give up with out a fight It has an intricate gold handle in which the inscription's engraved.

Fighting Style:Dodging with her ability to blend into shadows and hide in small spaces. Fights with dagger occasionally, but only if ABSOLUTELY necessary

The Class List: Keiran
Last edited by Nyc101010101 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Holy S***! I... just lost my train of thought...

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Yeah that is 100% not getting into the RP, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY TO SHORT. And I fear for what will burst out of Karo's hate pit which will no doubt incinerate you much like it did Rokku, you have approximately 24 hours to run. Tick tock.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:00 pm

I'll fix it.

Postby Archrival » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Archvillain wrote:Yeah that is 100% not getting into the RP, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY TO SHORT. And I fear for what will burst out of Karo's hate pit which will no doubt incinerate you much like it did Rokku, you have approximately 24 hours to run. Tick tock.

Shame on you, make it more subtle than tearing them limb from limb. I didn't tear you a new one when you posted a piece of crap for your first RP with me did I?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Zelosse » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Question, is Villain your evil little brother/cousin thingy? this is buggin me.

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Now now Villain, that's not overly helpful to the new person. If that's the attitude taken then we'd never see newer people and new ideas. I mean right now that's quiet harsh commentary.

@Nyc
Can you expand on all of your details, for example Ivy <Surname>. As well as giving more details on appearance, look at the CS's that have been accepted if you want some ideas. Try to be as specific as you can.

With skills, it's fair enough if you have a hard time so I'm sure Karo would be happy to lend you a hand if she has the spare time. And for fighting style, why not say that Amber is more focused on dodging and counter attacking rather than the manner of which you described. After all the RP does take place within a game.

Postby Archrival » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Zelosse wrote:Question, is Villain your evil little brother/cousin thingy? this is buggin me.

No he is no way a relation, he's just a name copycat.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Archrival wrote:
Archvillain wrote:Yeah that is 100% not getting into the RP, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY TO SHORT. And I fear for what will burst out of Karo's hate pit which will no doubt incinerate you much like it did Rokku, you have approximately 24 hours to run. Tick tock.

Shame on you, make it more subtle than tearing them limb from limb. I didn't tear you a new one when you posted a piece of crap for your first RP with me did I?

Wait I was in and RP with you?

And Zellose, think of me as the parasite that fed on Rival for a while before getting two legs and leaving.

As for Iris, I guess im just a very Xenophobic guy :unsure:. And my review was just something I wrote in 23 seconds, i'll probably have something better in a short bit after im done eating my twinkey.

Postby Archrival » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Archvillain wrote:
Archrival wrote:

Wait I was in and RP with you?

I meant you trying to join one of my RPs and I swear one of your first Rps was mine.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:12 pm

I fixed it! I jut edited it so it's where it was before. I tried to listen to your advice everybody! And thanks for it. And he was rigjt. It was short. In the tiny box it looked allot bigger!

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Alright done with mah twinkey.

As for NYC.

Skills: Think of them as special powers you can use besides the basics like punching and knee balling someone. If your character is a dodgey kind of person why not give her an ability to blend into the shadows or throw a smoke bomb? Or heck at highers levels even duplicate herself with fake copys that only move in one direction or do one thing at a time to keep it balanced.

Name: She should have a full name. If she had a last name it would make recognizing her alot easier instead of constantly calling her by her first name. A middle name would be nice but not neccesary, as people rarely use there first name.

Appearance: Go into a little more detail, look at some of the things others have written down. Appearance is a very broad thing and you should take advantange of that. How does she walk? Does she constantly have her eyes beading back and forth in a panicy way, to match her dodgingness and add a hint of paranoia. These little details all add together to making a fleshed out character without even having to say a thing about her thoughts. As forest gummp said "You can tell alot about someone by there shoes, where they been. What they doin." only replace shoes with entire appearance.

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks I'll fix it again! It sounds like a good RP and I really want to join.

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Another thing you could add to your fighting style is that you're character is a seductress. Someone who uses her skill seduce monsters, lowering their chance to attack her. That could be an interesting manner of fighting.

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Archrival wrote:I meant you trying to join one of my RPs and I swear one of your first Rps was mine.

Errrm no, the first RP I ever tried joining was by Geomancer. And it was a piss poor CS littered with bad grammar and game breaker moves. In which, yes in fact from what I can remember. Karo did tear me a new one.

If it's the super hero RP then I had already joined that and you didn't seem to have any problem with it.

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:25 pm

FIXED!!

Postby Archrival » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Nyc101010101 wrote:FIXED!!

Just save yaself hassle and reply with: 'Anything else?'
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Good Idea!

Anything else?

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:32 pm

The skills list is a little on the fritz but other then that keep on adding more skills (It's a good idea to spice things up with clever powers or different then what you'd expect abilitys.) and bulken your appearance by 2 sentences per paragraph and you should have a great CS.

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:38 pm

I strongly suggest you keep personality/ family history out of appearance.    Karo wants to have our personalities as a secret from the others   .
Try to describe how she carries her loot (you know items you find), my character more or less has his partner Tobi carry it since he kinda lost his bag... But he can carry small items, such as beer, ale, vodka... oddly enough he gets looks from Tobi at times.

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Her family history will be important most likely, that's why it's there. And she carries her loot in her pouch

Fixed! Anything else?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing