Dreamscape OOC Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Dreamscape OOC Open

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:50 pm

hello? Is anyone here?
Holy S***! I... just lost my train of thought...

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Just as a friendly heads up. You'll have to be aware that this isn't a chatroom or the like, so there are times when there is a long pause between our responses. We can't be constantly helping you after all.

I'll have a deeper look into your CS in a couple mins though.

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:54 pm

I know... I'm just not a very patient person. Thanks for the advice. I'm still getting used to things here!

Postby Karo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:58 pm

I only blew up at Rokku because he's a massive douchebag, not because he's new. Generally I try to help new players when I can, unless they refuse to listen and pretend like they know better than I do.

Arch, I really appreciate you getting rid of the bard thing, all of my friends who play bard in my LARP group are useless at it, and I've been playing Assassin's Creed lately, so bards have a special hate spot in my heart right now. As for the Paladin subclass, their skills are more based on doing holy damage, whereas the main warrior class does nonelemental damage.

As for Nyc, I'm glad to see that you're taking people's advice to heart, and doing everything you can to improve your character, so let me give you some help. Your appearance section is still rather bare bones. You tell us her hair and eye color, but give us no idea of what her face looks like beyond that. You tell us she is short, but give us no information on her body type, making it hard to determine if she would actually be able to seduce anyone at all. From top to bottom her clothes do not match, and wearing fur for a rogue is a bad idea. She wants to blend in no matter where she is, and that bizarre outfit will only make her stand out when the group reaches a town or city and she wants to steal something. A soft shirt with a leather bodice and breeches with knee-high leather boots would be more appropriate, and the colors could be such that she could blend into the shadows in the forest as well as the city. For your skills, they need to be within the realm of human possibility. She cannot run any faster than any other human, cannot jump any higher or farther than anyone else her size without the proper momentum, etc. This may all occur inside of a medieval-themed videogame, but it still needs to have some sort of believability. Family history won't be important inside the game, as the players behind the character are supposed to be shrouded in a bit of mystery.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Thankyou Karo. I really am trying. Apparently I'm not as imaginative as I thought I was. :redface:

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:03 pm

So paladins are just reskinned warriors who do holy damage instead of non-elemental damage? Or do they have spells/lesser spells/melee attacks mixed with spells?

As for NYC, don't worry you'll pick up things from other people, study real life things (And fictional works) more closely for later uses and eventually collaberate different things until you do have something creative.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask this... But what type of medieval are we talking about? The realistic gloomy kind, like you'd see in The Witcher? Or the slightly more quirky type, like The Elder Scrolls?

Or, god forbid, the horrible kind like WoW... Where pauldrons have their own zip code?
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:07 pm

I fixed it. Sorry about my stupidity. I'm new at this. Does that mean I'm in though?

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Nyc101010101 wrote:Thankyou Karo. I really am trying. Apparently I'm not as imaginative as I thought I was. :redface:

Everyone has to start somewhere Nyc. We all began with small CS's and now we can write books worth of descriptions, conversastions and the like. It just cames with experience, that's all the more you take in, advice and criticism (the harsh and kind) as a mature player, you'll see more ways to create characters.

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Pauldron?

And from what im guesstemating it would be the quirky kind as it shows hints of realism (Attracting the hardcore, actually need to eat food and water and take a piss in the game players.) and the occasional bizzare thing or joke (Attracting the god forbid WoW players and the like.) while attracting everything else inbetween. Atleast that seems the most economically smart thing to do.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:12 pm

:grin: Thankyou guys. You're being very gracious considering my stupidity

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Pauldron, those things protecting your shoulders... I wonder why my spell checker doesnt recognize the word
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Archrival » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Archvillain wrote:Pauldron?

Those things Knights wear on their shoulders.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Alternatively Asmo my brother, you could've just simplified it by saying shoulder guards.....

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:14 pm

sooo... I'm in?

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:16 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. THOSE THINGS! Yeah, they are freakishly huge, and apparently spew out fog or have eyes that move around and blink at people.

NYC, I don't know, wait for Karo to answer. You won't get a reply right away so keep yourself preoccupied until then.

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Iris wrote:Alternatively Asmo my brother, you could've just simplified it by saying shoulder guards.....

where's the fun in that?
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:18 pm

lol. Iris is right though. It would've saved some trouble!

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:22 pm

yeah but now I can also point out that the.... eehm... Fauld shouldnt be too big!
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:23 pm

ok... I know what a fauld is but I do not get why it shouldn't be too big.

Postby Villain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Because then it squeezes you guts out when you tigthen it.

And the Cuisses should be alot smaller so that Cobblers can cobble without babbling under and away from the cobbling.
Last edited by Villain on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 pm

I've never seen cobble used so much in one sentence

Postby Keiran » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Nyc101010101 wrote:The Class List: Keiran

Uh, whut?
Also, you should probably put the levels in order.

Postby Karo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:37 pm

No, Nyc, you are not accepted yet. That character still falls under my definition of needing a lot of work. The appearance section is for what your character's videogame persona looks like. The game has a medieval theme, so your clothes still don't work. Bras didn't exist in the middle ages. Neither did mini-skirts. Or ballet flats. No telekinesis(what you call telepathy) either. So, I'm going to cook up a character sheet, right here, right now, so you can see what they should look like

Character Name: Arelyn

Character Gender: Female

Character Class: Rogue

Appearance: Arelyn is short and thin for a girl, with long, wild black hair that reaches to the middle of her thighs, and has large, bright blue eyes set evenly apart in her angular face. Her nose is round and reminiscent of a button, softening the look of her sharp cheekbones. Heart-shaped lips hide pearly white teeth, though they are hardly ever seen, since she rarely smiles. Her skin is a healthy pink, and she has a spattering of freckles across her cheeks.

She wears a simple square-cut black blouse with full length sleeves that tie at the cuffs, if they get in her way, she ties them up at her elbows, causing the sleeves to bunch up in a very flouncy sort of way. Over that she wears a black leather bodice, laced with a black ribbon, pushing up her chest, giving her more cleavage than she actually has. Plain black breeches are layered under tall black boots, giving an almost pirate-like feel to her character.

Across her ample hips she wears a single ring black leather belt, tied with a simple triangle knot. Several large pouches adorn the back of her belt, as well as two sheathes for her twin daggers. The daggers themselves are simple things, the honed edges of the blades shine silver, while the center being much darker, like polished iron. The hilts are equally simple, the grips are black leather strips, and the pommels are set with oval-shaped black stones.

Special skills:
Lvl. 1 Savage strike: Arelyn leaps forward at full speed, slashing one dagger across her target's body, and stabbing the other into it's torso.

Lvl. 2 Stealth: Outside of battle, Arelyn can blend into the shadows, allowing her to go unnoticed for as long as she remains still.

Lvl. 5 Steal: Allows Arelyn to steal one object from an enemy.

Lvl. 10 Guarantee Loot: This ability causes a 100% chance of a monster dropping loot. The stronger the monster, the better the item left behind.

Lvl. 15 Find Weakness: This skill allows Arelyn to find an enemy's weak point after a few moments of observation.

Lvl. 20 Vital Shot: This ability aim's for an enemy's weak spot, with a guaranteed critical hit if the weak spot is already known.

Weapon: Twin Daggers

Fighting Style: Quick and precise, Arelyn relies heavily on speed and critical hits, when fighting.

Asmodai, the setting will definitely be quirky and interesting, though it will be frustrating at times.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Nyc101010101 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:04 pm

edited it! I really think it's god this time!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing