EA: Into Night - Can't Even Shout

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: EA: Into Night - Land of Nod

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Soumi - Hypnosis room - Guardian Angel Fell Asleep on the Watch

Soumi cuddled into Sverige’s chest, tilting her head, to allow him greater access, oblivious to the look on Jorgen’s face. Welcome Lady Amalthea she said, her smile at the girl was gentle, her violet eyes shone with joy. She embraced her love, with a smile. Last time I saw you, I could barely recognize you. 'Cause you had blood on your face, I had blood in my eyes. How did you get here?
Then she saw Felix with his bible in hand. A Priest! She gasped, burying her face into Sverige’s chest, her voice full of anguish heart-striking, of soul-killing fright. Don’t leave me alone! Don’t let the Priest take me away from you! I’m not a devil woman. I’m not a witch. I’m not a Harlot. Past and present were one in her head, the ghosts it was haunting through her heart.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Corane blinked as the wolf moved off and gazed after it, turning his head as he did so to keep it in sight. He jerked wildly as his head suddenly fell off his knees, flailed wildly and then keeled over and landing with an "oompf" against the armrest. He quickly got himself back into "huddle" position and burrowed his face into his knees, hoping no-one had noticed. After a few seconds, he raised his head slightly and quickly scanned the room to see if anyone was looking at him and hid his face again. He waited til he'd calmed down and then restarted the fight to hold off the regrouped forces of tiredness. Oh...darn. he muttered after a small internal struggle for a suitable swear word that he felt wasn't too bad, "damn" was about his limit. He looked around the room again, frowning as he noticed even more people again. He sighed and rubbed his eyes ferociously, trying to get all the grit out again, sometimes it seemed like it just magically regenerated right back after he'd gotten it. Maybe I should start drinking coffee...probably not, bad for you. he groaned and began cracking his bones, starting with his neck, then his shoulders, hands, legs and finally his ankles.

Ahh...that's better. He said happily, as consciousness managed to create a line of defence to hold. He wondered what was going on with the odd hairy man and lady. No, wait. With the odd man, who was hairy, and the odd lady. Is it fair to call them odd?... he thought to himself. Actually, if they're here, then they are probably slightly odd. He muttered quietly as he moved on his gaze. He blinked suddenly, rubbed his eyes again, leaned forward and started blinking. Ooooooh...Pretty. He said, his eyes opening rarely to their full size, revealing large light blue eyes to get a better look at Amalthea. Perfect. he muttered as he put his chin back on his knees and rested his eyes on her.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 am

“Shh, love shhh,” Beast soothed gently, rubbing his rather large hands up and down Soumi’s back, “I won’t let him take you from me I swear. You are wonderful.” He glared daggers at the priest, ready to attack him should he do anything to Soumi. He remembered her first question, and replied soothingly, growling softly, “I freaked out after you were taken, so the villagers made them take me too.”

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Grey noticed the woman scream at Felix and stepped back as if he were a plague. When he saw Beast stare at the priest, he knew not to make his acquaintance. Grey walked away and went back to the group he was originally at. "My they certainly do love each other don't they?" Grey wondered if anyone could love him that much, he was known for his ravenous hunger and scared most away. Grey realized he was alone, there was no one waiting for him when he gets out, if he gets out. He was alone, he wanted someone to love, the couple had upset him, but he didn't mind. They were too in love to upset him. Though he did feel sad inside at the same time.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby sam4books » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

~Frode Schlemiel: Hypnosis Room----Someone Like Me~

There seemed to be no notice of Jorgen's strange smile and glance in Frode's eyes. The old, depressed man seemed to only take him in his kindness, as he did with everyone else. "Why thank you, young fellow...I hope so too." His eyes glazed over the currently happenings between his fellow inmates. The Beast and the Beauty were busy whispering words of love to each other. Although the girl seemed to be troubled by the priest. He glanced at the priest. He didn't seem too much of a trouble, although he did seem disturbed.

'I hope so.'

Everyone's mood seemed to brighten at the arrival of a beautiful, white haired lady, who seemed quite shy. Or at least uncertain of herself. It was a refreshing thing to see, someone he could relate to, or something to that manner. Although she was young, so she doubted she would be interested in his stories, or company. But she was beautiful, a beautiful thing, that was good, but was she true? She just seemed so uncertain about herself. When he heard her refer to herself as a human, as if trying to reassure herself of that fact, a small, tiny, almost microscopic beam of hope managed to create a crack through his thick cloud of sadness. While it was small it was still there.

"So good to make your acquaintance Lady Amalthea" he said to her, smiling sadly. "You are very beautiful, like moonlight reflected in silver waters. But why do you doubt yourself so, my dear?" he asked. "Are you the same as me? Has someone been spreading lies about who you are as well?"
Last edited by sam4books on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Aneri » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:15 am

-Everafter Hypnosis Room-

- Crooked Man with Crooked Teeth -

Doctor Crooked began to walk around after his speech, nodding to those who greeted him. He paused at the inmate who had introduced himself as Haps and twisted his lips into a smile. "We are meeting right now, are we not? Could you ask for a more pure form of interaction than that of two minds encountering each other, not hindered by status or physical aptitude." His smile betrayed that he knew who had the status in this relationship, and his tone conveyed his intimate knowledge of just how much more valuable he saw status when stacked against anything else. His gaze left Haps and transferred itself to Jorgen as he glided across the floor to speak to the man in a somewhat hushed tone.

"This is, indeed, the first time you've been able to experience this. I'm happy to hear you realize how important being on your best behavior is." He took a crooked finger and tapped the side of his nose with a smile and a raising of his eyebrows. "Just keep in mind, we'll be watching."

He stood back and surveyed the introductions, pausing in his gaze when he reached those who were interacting unfavorably. He knew putting all of the inmates together would be risky at best, especially people like Felix and Gideon. He smiled at the nurses as they began pacing around the group, pausing at trouble spots. The nurse closest to the happy couple paused when Soumi yelled out, but resumed her seemingly casual stroll when her husband comforted her. Crooked walked over to other inmates and leaned down to talk to the girl with the golden hair, who smiled at him and nodded. He then made his way over to the boy that had been attacked at the start of the experience, addressing him and the small boy who was still sitting there, silent without his sister. Once again he spoke in hushed tones, before resuming his stroll around the room once more.

- Goldilocks -

Goldilocks stood up and walked over to Kaguya, sitting in the chair nearest the girl and smiling happily. "Hello, I go by Goldi. I thought you might be shy, since I am too sometimes. But I've been here a few times and it gets much easier! And with the nurses around looking out for us, we're perfectly safe!" She offered her rather large book to the girl. There was no title on it but an ornate cover depicting the outline of a bird. "If you'd like I can share. I can even read aloud, though I haven't done it since I was in grade school. Sometimes Pinnochio comes by and reads to me as well," she trailed off slightly turning to look at the wooden boy, who had sat back in his seat and was now idly surveying the room. She turned back to Kaguya and resumed her train of thought. "But I'm talking so terribly much. What's your name?"
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Musicmac » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:34 am

Father Felix

"John, seven twenty-four," Felix's voice sounded calm, as if he was unaware of Sverige's anger and Soumi's fear of him. "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment," the words were slowly pronounced and said in a dignified tone of English, despite the fact that Felix's first language was supposedly Sicilian or Italian. His eyes never left his bible as he read those words. An air of serenity slowly covered those that could hear him with a cozy blanket of warmth.

The book was closed and Felix stood up from his armchair. His old leather boots made small tapping sounds that echoed in the white room as he walked towards Soumi and Sverige. Although his glare was fierce, the daggers being shot from Sverige's eyes were easily brushed off. A pair of cold gray eyes countered the beast's anger, sending a wave of guilt over him. Perhaps, it had not been such a good idea to insult the priest.

Especially, when he was once an infamous cold-blooded murderer.

"You are Soumi and Sverige, am I correct?" Felix spoke the sentence without the usual hint of detest, unlike his usually snarky and silent personality. Was there sympathy in his voice?
Listen.

Postby Keiran » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:35 pm

“I am, but only Soumi ever calls me that,” said the older teen, “Most just call me Beast. May I ask what you want?” He remembered the days from when he had been human, the prim and proper etiquette, the icy and sharp conversations with no warmth of actual companionship, the perfect mix between complement and insult of other prim and proper high-bloods. But now he was this creature, a monster, and happier than he had ever been as an aristocrat. “I wouldn’t want to inconvience a man of… religion.”

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Gideon stared at the doctor, walking around the room, all smug…watching them like they were animals he could study…Gideon walked behind the doctor, his hands at his sides, fingers twitching. He wanted to kill him…he wanted to tear his heart out, and crush it…

“No. I mustn’t.”

Gideon stopped, his rage building. All he could think of was Carla, all he could think of was killing anyone who got in his way. He had a purpose, the others here, they were all so calm, as if they didn’t mind being here. But not he. Carla was all he had, without her, he had no purpose. The beast, the girl, the priest, the wolf, all of them…they were different from he.

“Have their spirits been broken? Or is it mine that has broken?”

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Lady Amalthea – Hypnosis Room ~ It hurts to remember; it hurts to forget

The Lady Amalthea turned her head, first to the punk teen who greeted her with a smile, then to the wolf, then to the odd woman. She gave a confused look at the woman’s ramblings.
“Thank you,” she replied politely, nodding to each of them in turn. “It is a pleasure to meet all of you.” But she did not return any smiles.

At the couple, she stopped for a moment, watching them sadly. “Love...” she whispered, a lump caught in her throat, an empty space inside her. Then she shook her head, turning away from the couple. She’d promised herself she wasn’t going to get upset, not now. Even if she was reminded of him and the love she had lost...It hurt...too much...

For a moment she hugged the cloak in her hands, burying her face in it to wipe the tears threatening to trickle down her face. “Think positively,” she whispered to herself, her eyes drying. “For him.” She took a breath and looked up again, composed. She decided she wouldn’t look in the two lovers’ direction again unless she had to. Too many painful memories stirred within her to see the pair so happy together, so in love.

Her head then turned to hear another address her. A thin man that looked as sad and dreary as she felt. “Your words are very kind, and very poetic,” she replied in response to his compliment. Hearing his words, her spirits lifted. She walked nearer to him.
“You understand?” she asked, seeming hopeful. “There...are others who say I’m not human...but I know it can’t be true, I know I’m human! – at least, I...I...” she put a hand to the strange mark on her forehead, shaking her head with mild frustration. Her eyes closed. “Forgive me. I’m tired, and I get so confused...I try not to think about it too much. It is, why I have trouble speaking about myself.”

She removed her hand to hold her cloak again, and looked back to the man. “Frode, isn’t it...? What do others say about you, if you don’t mind me asking?” She seemed genuinely interested.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Iris » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Jorgen Petersen, Hyponosis Room

As the Doctor spoke to him, Jorgen couldn't help but smile, nodding as the Doc finished he spoke quietly, "Of course, of course but just fair warning I won't be consistant... If I was I think we'd both be bored to tears, figurelatively speaking naturally. And just you watch me, know I'll happily be watching back for some mischieve." There was a joyful twinkle in his eye as the Doc looked back but other than that, Jorgen did little else to make an impression.

As the Doc left him, the punk leaned back into the chair his mind now strangely focused on other things, he could hear some sort of confrontation building or at least a heated arguement from the... man? Who called himself 'Beast'.
He sighed as he contemplated some deep matter, from the corner of his eye he could see the golden haired girl comfort another, what was her tale? He wondered silently, though he wondered what everyone's tale was and why they came here.

Other conversations came and went, few interested him until he heard the girl; Lady Amalthea talk. Thinking back to their earlier speech, both she and the man; Frode had mentioned or rather pointily stated they were human, why?
"What is human? To walk on two legs and command that which cannot speak for itself? Or is it to crawl on four limbs, to obey and understand that which is commanded? To speak in tongues of wisedom or foolishness? Or is it to remain silent and listen to the lessons that are given to us?" Jorgen spoke in a whispered voice more so to himself than to the others, his gaze focused on the white above him.
Last edited by Iris on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:09 pm

“To be human is to be weak.”

Gideon stopped walking, and stared at Jorgen.

“I’ve killed countless humans in my life time, and all but a few exceptions were the same: Weak, vile, they felt entitled to everything. Killing humans was the reason I was born. And to this day, humans crave nothing but to control everything.”

With Gideon’s last sentence, he stared directly into the back of the Doctor.

“They take what is not theirs, and they do not care who suffers because of it.”

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Grey's ears pricked up and he turned to Jorgen, "If that be the case," He began standing up on his hind legs as if he had been walking on them since he was born giving him the look of a werewolf, "you might as well call me a human. Anyone can fulfill those that you stated, if they have the know how and will." He then went back to standing on all four legs. Grey went back to looking at everyone. He looked towards the doctor and then back away. "Excuse me." He said to the group he was with. He went over to the girl called Goldi interested in her book. "I apologize for interrupting, but might I ask, what might that book be?"

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Soumi - Hypnosis Room ~ And the Ones that Mother Gives You

Soumi's cries quieted as she clung to Sverige's chest. Keep your head. She murmured, quiet as a dormouse. She kept her eyes on the priest, They talk backwards, trying to convince you and make you think they're right.
Slowly a chess piece from a table near by started to move, Oh! Hello dear. Soumi said looking at the pawn
Hello Mistress Beauty! it squeaked as it hopped over to the pair. I'm Pelinappula. There's no need to fear my dear. We'll protect you.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Karo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:09 am

~Kaguya: Hallucination Room~

Kaguya looked up slightly as the exuberant blonde sat down next to her, introducing herself as Goldi, and offering a book to her. As she examined the book, the other girl continued to prattle on about being able to read, and someone who came and read aloud to her. She remained silent and let the girl talk, she was more comfortable that way. So of course then she had to notice she was talking too much, and ask for Kaguya's name. "My title is Kaguya-hime no Tsuki. But the nurses don't like that very much, so they just call me Kaguya." She was rather surprised that the wolf wandered over to them, asking what the book was. So she grew quiet once again.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Aneri » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:10 pm

-Goldi: This crowd's juuust right-

Goldi gave Kaguya a slightly confused smile and then tried her best to repeat the name the girl answered with. "Kaguya-hime no Tetsiku? I'm sorry, it is very pretty but also hard to say! Do you prefer just Kaguya-hime?" She noticed the wolf who had wandered over, asking about her book. With a smile she held it up and launched into an explanation. "Oh, it's wonderful! It's about this rather dull world where people don't really have anything special about them, but they make friends and sometimes they even fall in love, and I think that's so pretty. I don't think wolves talk there, though. As I said, it's incredibly dull, but so interesting to read about! It's full of little stories about how they get themselves into stuff and then other people help them out of them again. Right now I'm reading one where there's this guy who's not sure if this girl likes him or not, and he can't figure it out. Pinno always blushes when I ask him to read this story," she added with a smile. "Oh, I'm sorry! My name is Goldi, and this is Kaguya-hime no Tatski. Although I think I'm not saying her name right, I have such a bad head for names. I'm sorry," she said, turning to Kaguya again. "I hope you won't hold it against me!"
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:24 pm

"Oh don't worry," Grey started, "I heard her name on the way over here. Tsuki is the word you were messing up." Grey stretched and walked a little closer and sat next to the two. "You say a world where we wolves don't talk? That would'nt be very good." Grey said now curious. "It also sounds to me like that Pinno you mentioned might have a crush on you. I apologize you may not have heard my introduction earlier, I am Grey Wolfe, a pleasure to meet you both, Moon Princess if I'm not mistaken with the translation, and Goldilocks."

Postby sam4books » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:20 pm

~Frode Schlemiel: Hypnosis Room----Human Is...~

"Thank you my dear, it's nice to know there's still a poet inside of me" He was thankful, to know that the young lady was as sweet as she looked. To see her so hopeful, made him feel almost content. "I too have heard whispers about how I am supposedly not human. It's silly, really, what these people come up with. But at least, we know that they are wrong." Or were they? Was he truly human? The gentleman who called himself Jorgen brought up an interesting point. What is Human?

The fellow called Gideon had an interesting, if not incorrect point of view. "That is not the whole story, I'm afraid to say" he began to argue with him. "To be Human is to feel, not control. Any being in the world is capable to stand on their hind legs, or crawl on their belly. A bird is capable of speech and wisdom, and a dog can be taught to listen. But to lose your ability to feel is to lose your own humanity. To feel hate, to feel love, to feel jealousy, to feel guilty, to feel joy, to feel sadness. But there's more to it, I think. It's something unique, that one cannot describe through mere words." He looked directly at Gideon, as if pitying him, the poor soul. "Do not blame the humans for being what they are."
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:26 pm

“I do not blame the humans for the way they are.”

Gideon crossing his arms and closed his eyes, sighing.

“It is simply human nature to corrupt and destroy. Do not get me wrong, I don’t blame the humans. I’ve lived for many, many centuries, and I have seen exceptions to what I have said, I have seen pure hearts…but most humans are indeed greedy and selfish. Show me something to prove me wrong, that every human in the world is capable of SOME good. For example, these nurses and doctors that keep us caged like animals!”

Gideon opened his eyes, and smiled devishly at Frode.

Postby Iris » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:23 pm

-Jorgen Petersen, Hypnosis-

Unbeknownst to those who spoke or who were busy answer Jorgen's questions, the punk teen listened eagerly for something, something that none within this room understand, a piece of knowledge that seemed so small it was ignored. With eyes closed and a smile on his lips did the teen hear the words of the creature known as Gideon, he heard the mimicry of the wolf and the thoughtful input of the man; Frode. Each gave a different perspective, each gave their thoughts and each reflected their backgrounds... but the teen wondered... did they know this?

His left eye opened slightly while his head still tilted towards the ceiling but did not yet give his answer as his focus turned to the girl named Beauty. Through the slit that was his eye, Jorgen saw that she had animated it with.. was it magic? Or was the chesspiece always like this? Or was it the effect of the room... Many questions that would not have the right answer from one who did not understand save the knower herself.
Jorgen turned his attention to the girl who had remained silent, from where he was and the noise close to him he couldn't make out their words. But let it slide, he'd learn from them another time.

"Yes, a human is weak." Jorgen began to speak in a low and strangely coiled tone, as if he had considered the question far longer than he had let on, "A human suffers things that make them weak, they wish to survive, to feel and live a satisfied life... But they are inconsistent, they might take the life of another so that they may gain... That's what you refer to with greed don't you? To take or want more than they already have...

But you know that. After all you claim to have slaughtered countless of them. Perhaps you have perhaps you haven't... who am I to judge... after all I am a liar and a thief so my position isn't that clean and cut in from your point of view.
"
Jorgen began to laugh creating the image of a typical insane inmate, his laughter was cold and crazied but as the laughter died those who turned to look at him saw his left eye was open once more but now it was rational.

"Master Frode is right that one human feature is that they feel. Not the feelings of pain, love or perhaps regret. After all even animals display these tendencies... Don't they mister Wolfe and pardon the terminology. But I do think a defining feature is that we do want control. We want to be successful, we want to be happy, right? Don't we need some degree of control of our surrounding to accomplish this? Is not giving a name of reference a manner of control? A chair is a chair by our command. 'A chair can be a table' a wiseman could say but that would not change the fact the wiseman refers to it as a chair first before making his point. Is that not control?" Jorgen tone was almost conversation now, he had only been a fool during the introductions, happy, a talkitive pest and filled with seemingly idealistic stupidity, "But you are right to say that there is something unique... perhaps one can say an inconsistency within the definition that scholars have declared as 'human' after all knowledge is forever open to interpretation."

Once more he laughed but this time it was different, it was inexplanable why he laughed or how he was able to produce such a stange sound as he head flopped forward when Jorgen sat straight again, now his eyes were in shadow and could not be seen when he spoke again, "I will conceed that as a human I am flawed, armoured one, but you ask us lowly and corrupt humans that if we are capable of good to being with? Then I shall give you my reply.

Every human is born... shall we say 'blank', it is here we are able be anything... it is here that the world decides who will be at judgement's gates. For like an animal we are susceptible to our environment. For ever life you've taken, every son or daughter, father or mother you may have taken... have you not ever ask; the 'why' they are who they are?

After all by definition a demon is born to do evil... an angel to do good... yet the thing we know as the world can change that... What do you think your worship?
"

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Crona drifted off slightly as he gazed quietly at Amalthea, his eyes beginning to droop again as the sleepiness came back. He'd gotten a little bit upset when her eyes had begun to water, and had struggled with himself about whether he should walk over and ask is he could help somehow, but thankfully she'd cheered herself up again somehow. I'd probably have just stuttered and messed it up anyway. he thought miserably to himself as she got began to chat with the sad old man. Wonder what she's like...I hope she's nice, wish I could talk to her as well... A small pang of jealousy went through him, causing Corane to quickly look away from the two and hide his face again. Maybe I'll just go to sleep now. he whispered quietly as he began to shuffle in the seat until he was lying on his side with his head resting on the armrest and his legs still pulled up in front of him. He yawned once, blinked a few times, rubbed his eyes and tried to drown everybodies chatter out. I miss the awkwardness.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby TsunaXionus » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Raven Nevermore

Raven was silent for a Long time, Listening to the Discussions and Series of Events. The Entrance of a woman who called herself Lady Amalthea brightened the room. He looked around peering through the personalities of the Different people in the room.

A question was posed, 'What is Human'. A question which dove deep into his subconscious bringing out every ounce of doubt and regret. He took a deep breath and pondered it for a brief moment. The answers of the others were striking. He wanted to define 'Human' for himself and yet couldn't bring about what he wanted.

'Human' 'Human' 'Human'
His subconscious rang as He Pondered through the deep question. He took another breath and answered in a somewhat not caring tone, "Isn't human just a term made by the Humans themselves so they could separate themselves from beasts?". He looked at The beast and said Clarifying "No not you in particular, In General". He went back to explaining human. "Well every answer was, is correct. Since human can be defined in a lot of ways. But, Honestly Humans are indeed weak, And In this weakness they define themselves strong. Being born weak makes you strive to become strong, after all aren't new-borns protected?" He gazed around. "Humans are indeed greedy but what isn't, Even generosity if you look at it is a form of greed. Generous not asking for anything in return, Is taking away the right for someone to clear their conscience and repay the favor, Is it not?, Even if you don't, Generosity makes people Dependant of you, and Need you, without you they are lost If thats not greed, tell me". "Is there really such a thing as Human, Is it just a term we give to ourselves to give us an identity, to know where we belong. "

"Sir Wolfe if you would define wolves and a human somehow fit all characteristics, Would he be a wolf? or would he still be a human? or would he be something else? Since Humans fear what they cannot understand he would no longer be accepted, But since he was not born a wolf He may or may not be accepted, I'm sorry if I jump into conclusions, Im not familiar with your cultures." He closed his eyes and sighed.

"To be able to feel as what Mr. Frode mentioned, Humans are not the only ones who can feel, Animals can feel love, happiness, sadness, and all those things just as we can, You may not have noticed it but they can too, Isn't that right?". "Sir Jorgen, You've mentioned control, But are humans the only ones that need control, Dominance is a form of control which is done by Humans and Beasts alike. So can you say To Control is human?", "If we were Indeed born blank were we taught how to love, By parents sure, But thats for family we weren't taught how to fall in love, were we taught how to cry?, Were we taught how to scream in pain? were we taught how to laugh, or feel merry?, yet we do, Define that as instinct maybe, Still there are somethings already encrypted within humans which are tapped by gaining knowledge."

He looked at Gideon and Asked "Define Evil, Define Good. Is there really such things, Who do you think defines this, We do. No Universal law states that things are bad or good. Even If you believe in a god who says something is wrong, Who says it? That god? or the priest? or common sense?. Dictate it yourself and you know your morals. Nothing Is good, bad, evil, divine unless we define it as so. One can say killing is bad, and the other can say killing is good in 'Just' reasons. But thats still killing isn't it so by the first its bad, or evil. In a classic Good vs Evil if you look at it from the Evil side are they not the good guys? to them they are doing the right thing, For them it is Good because they benefit. No matter how you look at it Good and Evil are in points of view. I'll state how being put here is good "We are kept away from the others cause we have a problem which may endanger others, am i wrong?, To us it may seem wrong but to them it is indeed the right thing."

Raven Looked down and sighed. Seemingly hoping to be proven wrong.
"I am a devilishly talented butler"

Location: Temple of the Damned in the center of the underworld

Postby sam4books » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 pm

~Frode Schlemiel: Hypnosis Room----In Essence~

"I suppose you're right" Frode admitted, feeling ashamed. "Forgive me Mr. Wolfe, it's just sometimes I feel as if my feelings are the only things that make me human, I hope you understand." He could not help but disagree with the theory on control as Raven had. Yet he couldn't help but agree at the same time. That shadow...didn't his shadow became human when he wanted control? And isn't he still human? Does he still want his life back? But like control was too broad of a term. It didn't fit somehow. As Raven had stated, an animal could want control. But his mention of the importance of identity haunted him gravely, and sent a needle through his heart.

"Oh, what's a man without an identity, a name to have for himself? The only gift he can call his own from birth." He supposed that was one thing at least that separated man from the common animal, the need to know oneself. "I suppose you can say that is the essence of mankind. Only a human would give a name to things, and care about whether it exists or not, don't you think? The need to identify, not just with ourselves, but with the world, with each other. I think, this is what makes us unique. They once said Adam was put in charge of naming all the beasts of the Earth, every fruit and every tree. Adam gave his wife a name. His own name was given to him by ourselves. We do not know whether it is his real name or not, or whether he really existed. We even gave God a name. Dear Jorgen, I believe this is where your theory of control comes in, but I'm afraid it's much more than that."

"As the story goes, Adam had no idea who he was, even after he ate from the forbidden fruit. All he knew was that he existed, and that he was naked, and that he did something wrong. But those aren't human traits as already pointed out. I'd like to think Eve took the fruit from the forbidden tree because she wanted to know, not because she wanted to be like God. She wanted to have that choice (I believe this the word you're searching for, Dear Jorgen)."

"The irony of it all is that this is just a story created as an attempt to explain who we are, and how we came to be here. And there are other stories like this one, but different. For example: Humans were forged on a potter's wheel, so are we made out of clay, or dust? Are they not the same? Or are we just evolved forms of an ancient mammal, long before civilization started?"

"Names were the beginning of civilization. It is humanity's only tool against the world, that they can call their own. You can take away a man's identity, but a man will always come up with a name for itself rather than allow himself the humiliation of having someone else give him a name."

"The want to choose, and to identify. I believe that's what sets humanity apart from anything else."
In passing

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:43 am

"Excuse me Ma'ams," Grey said as he turned back to Frode, "Again I say you may as well call me human, if that's the way you see it. I have the name of Grey. Both in color, and in name. I am identified by both the human race and the animal kingdom." Grey wondered why they were truly speaking of so much philosophy. He would much rather prefer to learn about the people around him. Grey then turned back around and spoke to the blonde "so Goldi, why, may I ask, are you here?" He also wondered what the silent boy's story was, but figured he would not speak.

Postby Iris » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:45 pm

-Jorgen Petersen, Hyponosis Room-

"Yes, perhaps I was.... unrefined with my choice of...words." Jorgen replied, his voice becoming strangely stuttering, his eyes wide slowly began to show.... confusion? The punk teen massaged his temples, "But then the question if we near the answer to 'what is human' then what would we do to a....nswer 'what isn't human'....or..."

Jorgen turned his neck slightly and started to look up at the ceiling, a sudden smile on his face, "Man, that's one big wall o'white. I mean look at it, going on, and on, and on.... huh... Ya think there'd be something else... Would get preeeeeetty dull to have to look at the same white every day, dun'ya think?" Jorgen's eyes were now vapid and friendly, his actions and words were without thought or reason. As Jorgen spoke his hands emphisized each of his words with odd gestures, some times his flexed his fingers or rotated his wrists, almost as if he couldn't stop moving them.

Yet his friendly smiled remain even as he finished talking.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing