Final Destination:Victorian Underworld(OOC) IMPORTANT NOTICE

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Final Destination:Victorian Underworld(OOC) IMPORTANT NOTICE

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:53 am

First 4 votes for this RP: MQuinny1234, Leopardess, Mastermind001, and Kougaiji+Sesshomaru.

Added a few more details. Please read through.

Final Destination: Victorian Underworld

(Note beforehand: This is in no way related to the ‘final destination’ movies. There are a few, very subtle similarities, but nothing intentional.)

What if you knew you were going to die today?

It’s the present day. You have had a premonition, one that you can’t describe or explain. But you know that today is your last day alive.

But then a strange figure appears, a mysterious gentleman dressed in Victorian clothing, and a top hat that conceals his face in shadow. “Take my hand,” he says. “Take my hand, and I’ll give you a chance to do anything you want. Forestall your fate, become who you want to be, potentially live a life how you see fit. A world of your making, where you can make a new life for yourself. A second chance to escape death.”

“But there is a catch. A price you must pay in return. One. You play by my rules. You break them, you lose. Two, you die in this new world I give you, and you also lose. Three. You forget your life here. As payment, I take away your memories of this life and replace them with new ones. You will be none the wiser, although I’ll let you suffer with the knowledge that something has been taken from you. And you will remember me too, although the details may be a little…hard to recall. Four. I will allocate you a starting point. You will have little say in the matter, although just like any life, you have the opportunity to change things to the way you see fit. You could end up with all you desire…if you play well.”

“And five. If you win, I’ll release you from my rules. You can return to this life free from death, or you can live out your life in my world, exempt from my rules, free to do as you choose. You can claim all your true memories back too, if you wish. Or if you have another proposal, I shall only be too willing to listen.”

“But until that moment, my conditions still stand. Now, do you accept my offer?”

You might be confused. What does he mean ‘play by his rules’? What does he mean by ‘lose’ and ‘win’? There are so many questions you want to ask, and yet before you can say anything, the stranger holds out his hand. And for whatever reason, you are compelled to take it.

Immediately the world around you has changed. You find yourself in Myriat, a Victorian dystopia of magic, criminals, and intrigue. Killers, both human and non-human stalk the night, and chilling tales become reality. Here, you have a new purpose in life. But what will you do with this new-found life? As far as you’re concerned, you’ve lived this way throughout your whole life. You were born here. Maybe you have a family here, a job, friends, allies, enemies? And yet…you can’t help but feel something is missing…something important…
And that stranger. You remember him, but not everything that was said. What does it all mean?

Now it’s time to decide. What will you do? Will you try and survive/rule this underworld and ‘play the game’, as the stranger has chosen for you? Will you try and change this new world, make it a better place, or make it to suit yourself, and do what you want? Will you try and find the answers; the answers to why you’re really here…and the price you have paid?

Life and death has never been so challenging. Will you make the right choice? Will you reach your final destination…or can you cheat death one final time….?

The Stranger’s world (Myriat)

The world you find yourself in is called ‘Myriat’. A world where technology has gone backwards instead of forwards. In fact it’s as if time itself has fallen backwards. People here live a life without technology…but also without limits. The supernatural and the mysterious is common place here. So too is the disease, the horse and carts, the rats, the cobbled streets, top hats and corsets. Think Dickens, think Sweeny Todd, Jack the Ripper – and then add the paranormal, the magic, the mythical. This is the world of Myriat. A world of rogues, thieves and gentleman, of upper-class ladies, aristocrats and orphans, of princes and paupers, of magic and mayhem. Humans, demons, elves, and other strange and magical beings live side by side. Laws are strict, and yet many have no guilt or shame in breaking them. The people run riot under the very noses of their governments – both the rich and the poor. In fact in a world so untamed, it’s a wonder the whole planet hasn’t descended into hell.

To get a ‘feel’ for what the Victorian world ‘Myriat’ is like, have a look at the setting for this video, which heavily inspired this portion of the RP. (And then add magic).

Although the world has a very Victorian-feel to it, it is not entirely historically correct. Magic is abundant for one, but there are other things, that perhaps ‘don’t belong’. (However this is at the GM’s discretion). But technology is a very rare thing to be seen in Myriat, with most things stemming from magic.
Having said that, there has been an Industrial revolution in Myriat, and clockwork, kinetic-powered, steam-powered and gas-powered devices and contraptions are fairly common, as well as magic-powered devices.

If the above video link doesn’t work for you, try This one. Poorer quality, but it gives you the gist.

The Stranger’s world: The Set Up
(The story within the story)

It’s the late 19th century in Myriat. One of their greatest and most renowned Cities, Merchurdon, has been fought over for centuries. Legends say it is a city of great power, and that whoever rules Merchurdon, rules the world. There are so many secrets and myths about the city, that it is no wonder it attracts so much attention. Some say there is another city, hidden beneath Merchurdon, one which is said to contain ‘a hidden knowledge’, ‘a great power beyond any other’, or ‘a hope’ of some kind. However, quests to find this lost city have always been in vain. Nowadays it is simply the thing of fairytales. A lost legend that many have either forgotten, or no longer believe in.

The city recently has been taken over by a group of people, who call themselves ‘The Imperium’, a force of corrupt magic beings of various races. They want to make their mark on the world, and through Merchurdon build enough power to take control of the whole of Myriat. Their rule is a cruel and twisted one, one in which The Imperium can do anything they please and get away with it. They will stamp out anyone who dares to challenge their rule. However criminals they care not for, as long as they don’t get in the way. In fact some criminals have even formed an alliance with The Imperium. As a result, Merchurdon is a city full of criminals. Of course, there are those who oppose to this dictatorship…no resistance has been formed as yet, but there are many who despise the chaos these new leaders have put upon Merchurdon.

What will you do? Will you fight against the Imperium, either by yourself, or try to form a rebellion? Will you simply just try to survive the dark world you are in? Will you rise above it? Will you try to take Merchurdon for your own, and try to create a utopia, or just add to the dystopian society with your own selfish rule? Or will you take sides with the Imperium? Good or evil? Will you do things for justice, or to suit your own needs? Or are you a part of the Imperium in the first place, trying to crush all resistance?

This is your world, now. How will you change it/survive it?

And is there something deeper, waiting for you in the dark? A terrible secret, hidden from you…will you try to uncover the truth?

About the RP

This RP combines a Dickens-themed dystopia with magic, myth, death and mystery. An intriguing combination?

This is a resistance-type RP with one force fighting against another mixed with the whole ‘another chance at life/escaping your final moment’ adventure…but with an extra added dimension to it. In affect, you will be playing a character who is playing a character (but who isn’t fully aware of this fact). An extra twist on things that is sure to get interesting…

The RP (in terms of the Stranger’s world and what happens there) will be mainly player-driven, although I’ll be adding a few things of my own to the mix, particularly if you get lost or stuck.

There is loose plot to follow, but being a player-driven story, it is pretty much up to you. What you do will have a significant impact on what happens. This will focus on character interaction/development more than the plot, but the plot will still be an important factor. If you have any ideas for story arcs, either involving the whole RP or individual characters, I’ll be more than happy to add them in/allow you to follow them through.

Within the Stranger’s world, you can play as a hero or a villain (or as something in-between). Although bear in mind, you’ll also be faced with a greater power, and you will also be facing yourself. This RP will explore ‘what you are in the dark’ in a manner of speaking, and there will be tests that your character faces (I’ll be looking for an interesting History, which could be brought into the RP).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules and Guidelines

- First of all, No God-modding, no immortality, no saying your character can fight when it is in no fit state to, etc. Play fairly.

- Steampunk technology and clockpunk tech is allowed in this RP, but please don’t overdo it. This RP is more fantasy based than sci-fi based. I don’t want people pulling out advanced steam-powered machines out of their asses left right and centre. Use it by all means (in fact I encourage you to), but use it carefully and sparingly. Know when enough is enough.

- I will be watching people’s powers/abilities/technology etc carefully. Please try not to make your character overpowered. If you’re uncertain how far you can go, PM me your ideas before you post. When in doubt, always check with the GM that you’re not taking things too far. Some things may get the ok, some things won’t.

- If you are in a battle, do not say you ‘destroyed the enemy with one blow/bullet/swipe’ etc. That’s rarely (if at all) going to happen. If you are a villain and you want to go on a mass killing spree, that’s fine, but when faced with other players (or obstacles I throw at you), the usual battle rules apply.

- Where possible in a battle, try not to mention whether your attack was a success or not. This applies to both battles with everyone’s PCs, and NPCs that I have set up. Remember, if you’re fighting against another player, give them enough opportunity to respond to your post and defend themselves where possible. It’s unfair to unleash a load of attacks, and indicate that they all hit.

- Similarly, if I (the GM) have said you got hit, then you got hit. Don’t try to evade it by saying you avoided the attack just in time, or it didn’t give you as much damage as it was supposed to, when I have specifically said or approved otherwise. Most of the time you will get the opportunity to avoid attack, but on the occasions where you don’t, please respect my decision.

- Try not to ping-pong, but also try to be active – particularly if you are in the middle of interacting with another character. Please don’t leave anyone in the lurch. I’ve seen it happen and it’s not good. If you have to leave the RP for any reason, whether permanently or temporarily, make sure you at least try free up the other players so that they aren’t tied up with yours, and let the other players (and GM) know you’re going to be missing, in advance if and where possible.

- If you need to leave the RP at any point, or won’t be able to post for a while, please tell me so that I can plan ahead for your absence.

- Basically, use your common sense, and have courtesy.

- And lastly, breaking the Rules/General stupidity. I’m sure this won’t be a problem, but this is going up here just in case. If you break the rules and have already had a warning, or continue to do something when a GM has said not to, then your character will be removed from the game, either indefinitely or permanently. Hopefully that won’t happen, but just sayin’…

Other than that, enjoy yourself, and have fun. ;D

Remember if you’re stuck at any point, have any questions/issues, let me know. I’ll do my best to help you and try to answer any questions you may have.

Added Information

Any other information raised by questions you might have/things I may have forgotten to add, will go here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CS
You are allowed to play up to two characters, if you wish to.

Name:
Age: Any age is allowed, but use your common sense here.
Race: Anything you like, but I want a good description of it, and any natural abilities such a race might come with. Nothing over-powered, and no immortality. No robots or cyber-people, unless you are run on clockwork/steam-power or something, and can justify it. Part-something and part-human is allowed, but be sensible.
Appearance: What do you look like? Be as creative as you like.
In terms of clothing, I would prefer it to be Victorian-themed clothing and/or fantasy themed (your classic robes/cloaks etc are allowed), but if you are really lacking in inspiration/knowledge, I’ll accept something different.
Aims: What are you aims? Are you an Imperium, against the Imperium, or neutral? Are you fighting, ruling, or merely surviving?
Alignment: If you had to be placed in alignment (although this is not set in stone, and can change throughout the course of the RP), where on the spectrum would you stand? Good, Neutral or Evil? Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic?
Occupation/Status: Do you have a specific job in Myriat, or role? Social class? Are you a Lady/Gentleman? A soldier? A thief? An orphan? A servant/slave? A shopkeeper? A murderer? A cabby? The list is endless.
Personality:
Weapons/equipment: If any. Please be specific, if you can. Remember, this is the 19th century, so nothing too modern/futuristic, although I might be lenient with ‘modern’ weapons/equipment. But strictly no advanced technology or futuristic gadgets. Magical artefacts/objects however are allowed (please look at ‘powers/magic’).
Powers/magic: What natural powers do you have? No more than one or two powers, please. You are allowed to be powerful if you can justify it (and/or prove you have a suitable weakness to this ‘great’ power), but nothing too powerful. Even the Imperium won’t have god-like powers.
Please also include here any magical artefacts you might have (which are an extra to your natural powers). No more than two, please. Again, nothing too powerful, and please explain in detail what your ‘artefacts’ do, if you have any.
History: Your supposed ‘past’ here in Myriat. Remember, as far as you are concerned, you’ve lived your whole life here. And it’s not just memories. It actually ‘happened’. Every memory the Stranger gave you, it’s like you’ve lived through all of it. (For example, if you are supposed to have any living ‘relatives’ or ‘friends’ in Myriat, they will exist there, as if they really are your relatives.) Your history is important, so try to put some detail and depth into it, if you can. The better your History, the more I’ve got to work on! :P
’Previous life’ History: What was your life like before you encountered ‘the Stranger’? What memories did you used to have, as a human here on modern day Earth, before they were taken away by the Stranger and replaced with your new life here on Myriat?
You are welcome to keep this secret (to start of with) if you want to, but PM me the details. Your history of your past life could become important later on…
Theme song: Just for fun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Character Lists

My characters/NPCs

ANTI-IMPERIUM
>>>Angelo & Penna
>>>Elizabeth “Lizzie” Taylor

IMPERIUM
>>>Magnus
>>>Lady Mina Harker
>>>Jack
>>>Lady Clarita Lockhart
>>>Cornelius Fletcher
>>>Roxie Malice

Accepted Characters

sam4books – Abraham Wylie
Kougaiji+Sesshomaru – Minara Kali Kaur
Happy Little Gekko – Paeter Sym
Mastermind001 – William Livingstone
MQuinny1234 – Kevin Skull
Nelo Angelo – Gandora the tormentor
Tragedy_and_Comedy – Marcey/Marr Viggio
NeoWarrior7 – Baron John Hawkes
Mathias – Doctor Billiam Beleraphon, Ph.D [Must PM before ‘adding’ powers in IC]
darkshark - Adan Brighteyes
Lucifers_Angel – Tempest
counterfeitself – Gerard "The Raven" Escalen
Slipslash – Enine Estel
Nelo Angelo – Vincent Halberd AKA ‘Death Stalker’
Blood Lord - Galen Varius
Ro Wong – Walden Erlking
Musicmac - Alexis Tessera

Pending/Awaiting approval

Archrival - Avengelius De-Michaelangelo Bottacelli

Idle/Inactive
Obs – Barty Lithowitz

Removed
Last edited by Doctress Who on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Re: Final Destination: Victorian Underworld (OOC)

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:54 am

NPCs//GM PCs

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A joint CS here – Non-identical twins. My protagonists (PCs) who will be a part of the action.

Name: “Angelo” and “Penna” (these are not their actual names, but aliases that they go by)
Race: (Mortal) Humans with ‘Angelic’ heritage.

Appearance: Average in height, with a lithe (but not skinny) build. Skin is light and a healthy colour. Angelo has a bit of muscle and Penna is energetic, healthy and with curves in all the right places. However it is clear for both of them that physical strength isn’t their forte. Both of them have sandy, fluffy blonde hair which has a habit of sticking out in tuffs or messy strands. Both have dazzling dark eyes which contrast with their fair hair, and identical smiles that make it clear they are related.

Angelo is a head taller than Penna, and his hair is in a scruffy, tufty mop which comes down just past his ears, and sometimes falls over his face. (I’m not best when it comes to guy’s clothing but here goes) He wears a small brown cap on his head, dark men’s shoes, brown trousers, scruffy white shirt, corduroy waistcoat, chunky beige neck scarf and a brown velvet jacket that is a little worn around the edges. He also seems to have quite a few watches on his person, and often wears a small frown on his face. There are gaps in the clothing at the back, to allow room for his wings to grow.

Penna has long waist-length blonde hair which she keeps in a bun for work, and down wild and loose whenever she’s not working. Penna wears This in grey and black, and a long dark travel cloak for when she is going about the city. She has two slits at the back of her clothing for her wings to go, when she transforms.

Aims:
>>To fight the Imperium and any other “wrong-doers”, and to find other like-minded individuals who can help them.
>>To try and make sense of things. Work out who this ‘Stanger’ is that they vaguely remember…and why he feels important somehow…

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Occupation/Status: Rebellious citizens.
Apprentices to a clockmaker.

Personality:
Angelo, despite his good intentions, tends to be impatient, impulsive and a bit reckless. Also prone to using violence. However most of the time, he manages to maintain a calm disposition which is slightly unnerving. It’s almost like he’s trying to hard to restrain his ‘fiery’ personality.
Penna on the other hand is generally a down-to-earth, ‘I’m not taking any of your shit’ kind of girl. It’s clear that out of both of the twins, she wears the trousers, so to speak. However despite being headstrong and perhaps unlady-like at times, she’s usually polite and well-mannered, and likes to get along with everyone – well, everyone that she doesn’t consider an enemy of hers, that is. Both of them have a mischievous streak in them, always getting into some kind of trouble, although they usually are able to get themselves out of it again…usually.

Weapons/equipment:
>>Matches and flammable substances – Angelo has a lot of these.

>>Explosives of various kinds, usually Nitoglycerin and other explosive chemicals – Angelo keeps these in pockets on his person and in the satchel he has with him.

>>Penna’s parasol – What looks like an ordinary, grey parasol. However concealed in its handle is a long, thin, sharp weapon, like a very thin dagger. The parasol dagger can attatch itself to the parasol, or slide out and be used separately. The spike at the top of the parasol also can extend and come apart, revealing a deadly, much sharper spike underneath.

>>They work in and live above a clockmaker’s shop, so they naturally have access to all kinds of clockwork devices which they can temporarily ‘borrow’, provided the machines in question don’t need repairs/have been repaired.

Powers/magic: The two twins (for the main part) share the same power. Their powers work independently, but when they are together, they are all the more powerful.

Transformation: Flight – Both siblings can sprout snowy-white angelic wings from their backs, which they can use to fly high above the city. Their flying ability allows them to move fast, agilely, and silently through the air.

Fire and Light:Angelo: He has the power to manipulate fire. His fire is golden in colour, and seems to be more flexible and fluid than normal fire, enabling him to manipulate it in ways he couldn’t with ordinary flames. However the real fuel for his power is anger. The angrier he gets, the fiercer, more powerful and damaging his fire attacks become. While he is calm, his fire isn’t that strong.
Penna: She has the power of Light magic. She can generate energy of pure light to create barriers, blind, burn or strike down enemies. She can manipulate the light in almost any way she chooses, and almost anything is possible, if she puts her mind to it. Hope, imagination and courage power her magic, both from herself and from those around her. Fear, confusion and despair drain her power.

Artefacts: “Stop”watch – A pocket watch and chain that looks just like any other – however it secretly holds magical properties. With it, the holder has the power to stop time, just with one click. Time can only be stopped for so long, however, before everything reverts back to normal automatically. With a half-click down, time isn’t stopped, but slowed. Allowing the holder to move in a state where everything seems slower (in effect making the owner of the “Stop”watch super fast) Again, state can only last in short bursts. The effects work for the person in possession of the watch only.
The stopwatch was a ‘gift’ to Angelo and Penna, and as a result can only be used by them. To anyone else, it is “just a watch”.

History: To be added soon.

’Previous life’ History: Angelo and Penna’s real names are Ben and Ruby Cross. They had lived in Skye in Scotland for most of their life, with loving parents and their younger brother, Thomas, who was three years younger than them. They lived a content and happy life for thirteen years. But when the twins were just thirteen and Thomas was ten, the youngest sibling was diagnosed with Leukaemia. And, regrettably, he did not survive, despite treatment.
The twins were devastated. Both of them found it hard to come to terms with their brother’s death. Unable to cope, both of them went off the rails. Ruby started going off with “friends” to participate in underage drinking, parties and clubbing…often not telling anyone where she was going and staying out the whole night, often sleeping on the floor of a strangers house, drunk and sometimes stoned.
Ben, on the other hand, turned to a more outwardly destructive route. He started skiving school, and spent his time blowing things up and setting fire to buildings, just to watch it burn. By the time he left school at just sixteen, he had become something of a pyromaniac, and often fell into trouble with the police.
And then, one day they both were given a shock that would knock them from this world to another. Their deaths were played out before them. Ruby saw herself dead on the floor thanks to a drug overdose, whilst Ben, saw himself trapped in a burning building…and then the Stranger came knocking, telling them both he could give them a chance to stop those visions becoming a reality…

Theme song: Both: “The Never-Ending Why” – Placebo
Angelo/Ben: ”Into The Fire” – KPM Music
Penna/Ruby: “In the Shadows” – The Rasmus

This one’s sort of an NPC…although you never know; she might become a playing character…

Name: Elizabeth (“Lizzie”) Taylor
Race: Human (possibly part-elf)

Appearance: Small, waif-like girl, with unkempt brown curly hair and bright green eyes. She has pale fair skin, often with smudges of dirt from scurrying about the city. Dressed in a small, plain grey, long-sleeved dress, tattered around the edges, and runs around barefoot. One noticeable feature about her is her ears, which appear to be pointed.

Aims: To survive, and to help those in need. Against the Imperium, but not actively. She feels she has a duty to protect herself and others, although she often lacks the courage.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Occupation/Status: Orphan/unofficial city guide

Personality: Lizzie tends to be quite calm, and there is a somewhat neutral air about her. However she can be quite chatty and inquisitive, and walks around the city with the impression of someone who knows where they’re going and what they’re doing. If threatened, she will fight back, but otherwise will not get actively involved in other people’s affairs, if it does not directly concern her. She will not hesitate to state her opinion on a matter, however.
Lizzie surprisingly knows a lot, considering her social status and age. Where she gets her information from is anyone’s guess, but it’s (almost) like she knows everything. She knows all the ins and outs of the city…making her the perfect tour guide, should you ever need to find out more about Merchurdon, or need anyone to show you around…

Weapons/equipment:
>>Pea-shooter and sling-shot.
Usually loaded with peas, stones, buttons, bits of metal, anything Lizzie can find to use as ammunition. Minimal damage, but it’s better than nothing, and good for causing a bit of mischief.

Powers/magic: All of Lizzie’s powers are purely defensive.

Force-fields – Lizzie can create force fields around herself, and around other people near her. Very little can break through these fields, but it requires concentration and energy. Sometimes her force-fields fail her if she gets too panicked or frightened.

Apparition – Lizzie has an extraordinary ghost-like ability. She can walk through walls, disappear and then reappear from sight, float off the ground, and never ‘falls’. She has a knack for cropping up from nowhere, and leaving without a trace. If it wasn’t for the obvious life in her, she could easily be mistaken for a ghost with this power.

Artefacts: The Summoning Whistle – A small silver dog whistle Lizzie keeps tied around her neck, hidden under her dress until she needs it. However this whistle does not call dogs. Blow on this whistle and think of a particular person, and no matter where they are in the world, they (and only they) will hear it. However it is not an instant summon; the person will hear the whistle and will somehow know what is expected of them, but if the whistle is meant to summon them physically to a certain place, it will take a while for them to arrive. The whistle can be also used to send psionic waves, or to give someone a message/inclination to do something. The person who hears the whistle, can consciously choose to ignore it if they have enough will power, however generally they will feel compelled to answer the call/summon.
She uses it a lot to call ‘friends’ of hers - friends more powerful on the offensive side than herself. Knowing Merchurdon inside and out has its advantages…

History: Elizabeth was the second youngest of six children, born into poverty and living in the slums of the city. Her mother and father were both humans, although clearly there must be Elvin blood somewhere down the line, since Lizzie was born with elf-like ears and beautiful fair skin. Her mother died after giving birth to the sixth child, and two of her siblings died soon afterwards from sickness. The father did his best to raise the remaining four of his girls, but he also had to try and earn a living as a mechanic, working on steam-engines. The long hours and poor pay meant that he wasn’t able to fully support his family. The four siblings spent most of their time wandering the dangerous streets of Merchurdon, sticking together whenever they could, so as not to get hurt. Lizzie’s force-field ability protected them from the various criminals and ‘villains’ that roamed the city, and as a result the siblings found they were able to come and go about the city as they pleased. They explored every nook and cranny, without having to worry about coming to any harm.
However by the time Elizabeth reached eight years old, she was left wandering the city by herself. Her father died in an accident at work, and Lizzie’s oldest sister was brutally murdered, at a time when Lizzie was unlucky enough not to be with her to protect her. What happened to Lizzie’s other two siblings, is unknown. It seems they just vanished one day, never to be seen again.
Elizabeth now makes her own way in the world, giving little guided tours about the city for a few coins, to any travellers who care to spare her a glance. She is scared of the Imperium and the criminals who might wish her harm; although she’s confident she can protect herself. She’s no one important after all, and her powers offer her adequate protection. It’s others she is most worried about…

’Previous life’ History: ???
Theme song: “Not While I’m Around” – Sweeny Todd

Doctress Who wrote:WILL BE ADDING MORE TO THIS LATER

IMPERIUM

The Imperium have only been in power for a few months, and have only just established themselves as rulers of Merchurdon. However they have a lot of power under their thumb, and a lot of connections. Not so much a militaristic organisation (although their influence stretches that far too), but a group of criminal masterminds and powerful sorcerers. It seems they have been working behind the scenes for quite a few years now, slowly gathering fear and support in the criminal world, and manipulating and corrupting the previous government, (and slowly wrapping them around their finger so that they were no more than puppets) before making their move. The first wave of resistance was met with a rather nasty end, proving the Imperium are more than capable of keeping their place as rulers, and aren’t just all talk. Since then, the Imperium and those working for them, having been working hard to make sure that fear will keep the rest of the community in their place. And what with much of the criminal community either working with the Imperium or in support, getting rid of this powerful group is easier said than done.
The Imperium all work together as a unit/council, however there is one in particular who could be considered the ring leader...although he’s not known for showing his face much. Not all members of the Imperium are known to the public, having stayed in the background, preferring to let others do the dirty work for them.

The Imperium (Central members)
GM Note: I may be adding more to this, but what you see here is just to get things started.

I say this now – I take no credit for the Images! They are merely to give a general idea of what each Imperium member looks like.

The main bulk of the organization is run by these guys:

Name: [Alias] “Magnus”
Race: Unknown
(Looks Human, although there’s a hint of a few other races there too.)
Appearance:
Aims: To Rule.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Occupation/Status: Leader of the Imperium
Personality: Not much is known about Magnus. He’s rarely seen, even by his fellow Imperium members, often disappearing for a long time before reappearing. From what most can gather he appears cold, and apathetic. He carries a calm air about him, and somewhat calculative. Although he is respected as leader, the Imperium work very much as a group. He has the deciding vote, but they’ve worked together as a team to take over Merchurdon, through careful planning on both his part and the others. However although he does not command the rest of his members fully, he is clearly the mastermind behind their success. To underestimate him would be a grave mistake, as no doubt those of the Imperium who have foolishly challenged him for leadership have found out.
Weapons/equipment: To be added
Powers/magic: ???
History: ???
Pre History: ???
Theme song: N/A

Name: Lady Mina Harker
Race: Half Elf, half Demon - Turned Vampire (yes, we’re talking real vampires here, if the little name reference didn’t give it away ;D)

Vampires in Myriat are fairly similar to your classic vampires. Dark gothic creatures of bloodlust and hunger, who tend to stay away from sunlight or bright lights. Light won’t kill them, but for them it’s comparable to getting burnt or scorched – it isn’t comfortable or at all pleasant. However a direct strike of strong light magic through the heart might do the trick. If you wave a cross or religious object in front of them, a Myriat vampire would probably just laugh in your face – however they do tend to steer clear from places of worship. Man-made bullets and common melee weapons can’t kill them, and only makes their bloodlust stronger. Magic, however, they are more susceptible to. Just be careful what magic you use…some will benefit the vampire, whilst others will weaken it.
And of course, the best way to make sure you’ve successfully killed a vampire is a stake through the heart. Preferably a stake infused with holy magic. However Myriat vampires are no fools; they are fully aware of their weaknesses, and most have spent their whole lives insuring their weaknesses won’t be exploited so easily…
Appearance:
Aims: To Rule, To keep the rest of the world in its place, and to keep her hunger for blood under control.
Although privately, something else troubles her…
Alignment: Lawful Evil(?)
Occupation/Status: Lady, Aristocrat.
Member of the Imperium
Personality: On the surface, Mina tends to be a sophisticated, cold, rather calculative person. She will often bide her time before attacking…although sometimes her vampiristic bloodlust gets the better of her. She tends to be rather smooth – smooth voice, smooth skin, smooth personality. Unless she is feeding/hunting, is very rare to see her loose her cool. An Ice maiden if ever there was one, any male who is attracted to her would be most likely be also terrified of her…she isn’t sure why. I mean, it’s not as if she bites

As a vampire, she’s naturally a bit of a sadist and masochist. It doesn’t matter whether it’s her own or someone else’s - she finds blood exciting…and delicious.

She didn’t always used to be like this…but that is another story.

Weapons/equipment: She has her physical attributes, such as a pair of very sharp teeth. She also has several knives, and some deadly stakes infused with magic, which are loyal to her, and if used against her won’t kill her. (“Let’s see how you like a stake through the heart”)
Powers/magic: To be added
Theme song:

Name: [alias] “Jack”
Race: Human
Appearance:
Aims: To Rule and to kill. Simple?
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Occupation/Status: Member of the Imperium
The Imperium’s residential psychotic Serial Killer.
Criminal liaison
Personality:
“We all deserve to die…”
Jack is sadistic, insane, a bit of a megalomaniac and a lady-killer…literally. He can appear charming, but really he’d like nothing better than to slit your throat and watch you bleed. He gets a thrill from it. But in his own head, it’s ok. He’s doing you and the world a favour by killing you, is his reasoning behind it. What he does all makes perfect sense to him, like he’s saving you all…you should really be thanking him. Too bad his victims don’t see it that way.
Weapons/equipment:
Pocket watch- Looks like an ordinary pocket watch…or is it? Rumours have it strange things happen when Jack plays around with it…
Hook His hook can morph into any sharp object/weapon of his choosing.
Pre History:???
Theme song: “Epiphany” – Sweeny Todd

Name: Lady Clarita Lockhart
AKA “The Silver Lady”
Appearance:
Aims: To Rule, to stay filthy rich.
Alignment: Lawful Evil (but affably so)
Occupation/Status: Lady, Aristocrat
Member of the Imperium
Upper-class liaison
Personality: Almost the polar opposite to Jack, Clarita is refined, well bred and Classy with a capital C. She doesn’t mind killing, but she sees herself doing better things with her time, and prefers not to get her hands dirty, where she can help it. Status, power and money are high on the agenda, though not necessarily in that order. She doesn’t actually care for criminals, particularly the common kind, and some of her fellow allies might see her as a bit snobbish. However as long as she is rolling in money, she doesn’t care. Despite turning her nose up at the lower class, she tends to give the impression of someone quite pleasant. She would happily invite you to her home for tea, having a nice conversation with you, whilst making sure to poison your drink whilst you’re not looking.
Weapons/equipment: Mechanical leg – Having lost her left leg in an accident, Clarita has a metal leg, powered by magic and clockwork. The heel is sharp and deadly, and despite the weight of the metal, she can move it very easily, delivering a powerful kick. There is an assortment of weapons and equipment built into the leg, making it a powerful device and weapon.
Sword (If someone with sword knowledge can identify the sword in the picture, I’d be grateful)
Pre History:???
Theme song: “La Femme d'Argent” – Air

Name: Cornelius Fletcher
Appearance:
Aims: To rule
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Head Researcher, Clockwork Supervisor and Technician
Inventor
Personality: To be added
Weapons/equipment: To be added
Theme song: “Diabolic Clockwork” – Two Steps From Hell

Name: [alias] Roxie Malice
Appearance:
Aims: To rule and cause mischief.
Other aims, unknown.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Imperium Mischief maker/misfit – the rebel rebelling against the rebellion (so to speak)
Former Show Girl
Personality: To be added
Weapons/equipment:
Lantern Staff/Wand – Near-indestructible, Roxie’s staff possesses magical properties. What magical properties they are…you’ll have to wait and find out…
Theme song: “Roxie’s Suite” – Chicago
Battle theme (cos I feel like it): “Corrosion” - Nighthawk22

There will be more, but this is just to get the ball rolling.
Last edited by Doctress Who on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Re: Final Destination: Victorian Underworld (OOC)

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:56 am

[I will be adding more details to this later]

Locations

Merchurdon is diverse and mysterious Victorian city with a very interesting history, and many areas (some secret and some well known), not all of which are listed here.

Do not feel restricted by these specified areas. You are more than welcome to add your own parts to the city.

However to get more of a feel for what Merchurdon is like, here are some notable locations/features:

~Central Merchurdon~

Central Merchurdon is the original part of the city, dating back from when it used to be just a small town/settlement centuries ago. Some of the buildings here are very old, others however are relatively new, showing how the city has changed and developed through the ages.

Town Centre (and the immediate surrounding area)
Here are where most of the businesses are kept, often home to the middle and upper classes (and merchants and small-time businesses too, on the outer edge of the Town Centre). Houses and buildings here are often well secured and reinforced with magic and enchantments to protect them – but with criminals having access to magic as well, no building is truly secure from common thieves – except perhaps Imperium HQ…

The buildings are usually more respectable here, but with the high crime rate and Imperium take-over, some have fallen into disrepair. Alleyways wind their way in-between some of the buildings…shady, dark places that you wouldn’t want to walk down late at night…

>>>Imperium Headquarters

>>>Old City Hall
    Little more than a ruin now, this old building was one of those destroyed soon after the Imperium announced themselves and took over.

>>>Police Department HQ

>>>Merchurdon Park
    One of many parks that used to exist in the city…but rapidly one by one, green spaces have been disappearing, being built over or destroyed. Merchurdon Park, the biggest park in the city, still stands…barely. No longer is it well looked after, and like many things in the city it has been ruined. Parts of it are no more than a wasteland in the middle of the city, although many of the trees still stand, surprisingly.

>>>Marketplace & Merchurdon Square

>>>High streets and shops

>>>The Empty Church [and Graveyard]
    There are various places of worship scattered about Merchurdon, but this cold church at the city centre has been silent for a while now. In fact it seems no one, not even those who are in no way superstitious, will go within ten feet of the place. Not even to knock it down or destroy it. It is unknown why. A few people have actually entered the building, and reported nothing. And yet…there is something about the place, as if it’s trying to keep people out.
    Surprisingly, the great graveyard beside it is less disturbing, but then again, there is always something unsettling about graveyards. Body snatchers are common here.

The Slums
These parts of the city are used to house the poor, the sick and the deprived. The rich rarely venture into these parts of town. At least, not more than they need to…some may go down there to get to the Darkling District, or if they don’t mind mingling with the lower class. Brothels, work houses and orphanages are abundant in these sections of the city, and there are more alleyways, hidden nooks and alcoves and secret passages than you can shake a stick at. Basically anything unwanted or unpleasant gets shoved in here – buildings, creatures and people alike. Ancient stone walls stand beside ramshackle makeshift buildings – this is one of the older parts of the city which has fallen into complete disrepair.
However, considering the rise in criminal activity, other parts of the city have started to take on similar characteristics…to say that only the slums are ‘not nice’ would be a misunderstanding…

>>>Darkling District
    Like the name suggests, this is one of the less reputable and darker areas of town. A part of the city’s slums where you can find much of the more unsavoury aspects of city life. Black market/Illegal items, Brothels, Opium dens (and various ‘elixirs’), and various forms of gambling and entertainment (although it must be noted, more refined or respectful entertainment can be found in many places all over the city, not necessary in here). Gangs, prostitutes and drug dealers often operate in this area…and the occasional rapist, monster or serial killer, if you’re not careful…
    Dark and chilling stories haunt this part of town. The sort of thing ghost and horror stories are made out of.
    Black magic is often at work here, however, so is the potential for great profits, entertainment, and who knows? You may discover something of great value to your cause here…

~Other areas~
Ro Wong wrote:The Ring -- As diverse and seperated as the slums and the financial district are from one another by class and appearance, they are well and truly bonded. Perhaps in more ways than one, if some were to search; The physical connection is all too clear. Slightly short bridges connect between both districts, running onto a region of businesses and homes formed into a ring that resides floating atop a large lake that had once seperated the two distinct portions of the city. Somewhat as an artistic expression of how people classify themselves by location, each bridge is constructed in distinct manners. The one coming from the slums is made from bronze- and copper-based materials, with wood and cables used in places to make it look old -- more broken than it truly is. The bridge to the upperclass region is a marvelling monument of marble and pristine design, marred by murals and emblazoned with sangelic statues situated upon high posts on both sides of the bridge. The angels link hand-in-hand, forming a makeshift archway at the center of the bridge. The Ring is mostly refered to as the home of the 'middle class' and its like. But specific businesses and attractions set it as a hotspot for citizens from both ends of the class system.

Cherry Grove -- This sweet little brothel is located in the southeast portion of The Ring, one of the closest structures to the slums. An establishment that sells to clientele of all sorts, it's hardly a dirty location to visit. But they do little to hide their purpose; the business is run almost exclusively by the women who work within its red walls. These ladies of the night are easily defensive of their own and are quick to dish out punishment for any transgressions. But most come from the slums directly, so they are rather understanding of the hardships of the poorer citizenry, often offering discounts or 'special offers' just for the lower class. Only one male has been seen as member of the operating staff, but rumor is abundant that it's the brothel's owner coming in at times to check up on the business. Most think the Cherry Grove is just the one structure, however. In truth, there are a couple of other brothels in the slums and in The Ring -- some more secret than others -- that are merely secondary businesses for the Cherry Girls.

Ring of Rosary -- As upper class as any form of erotic entertainment can get. This club, of sorts, houses many cabaret shows and puts on various acts each day, most of which convey sexuality in some form or another. But the biggest -- or most publicized -- aspect is that they devote an entire day os shows entirely to women of the hetero persuasion. Women enter and may enjoy drinks or meals for free while they watch the masculine performers strut their stuff and show off their practiced acting skills. Most offers for purchasing time with the actors are openly refused, but mingling and getting to know the performers personally is welcomed. A backstage portion of each show -- typically lasting twenty minutes as it helps to move attention elsewhere while the stage props are rearranged -- is widely popular as some rumors speculate that the actors are only up for 'private performances' after a relationship has been established. Aside from the main attraction of the shows, the club offers quite the exquisite variety of meals to their patrons. But as to be expected for being the closest business to the financial district, these meals are as rich in price as they are in taste. The owner of the club is well reputed to perform some nights in the female-oriented shows, and is quite often the leading actor. Rumors abound that he may actually own the Cherry Grove, as well.

Chain and Bound -- A quiet little shop... Well, it's as much little as it is a shop, when it floats within the central body of water at the center of The Ring. The base is made from the hulls of several boats, with the actual shop being located in the central with a broad boardwalk running all around the sides. Favored for the telescopes and the view the watery establishment affords itself, though mainly because most don't like to openly talk about visiting a shop that sells various items for use in sexual activities. The shop has two floors and offers quite the variety, and the fact that they're out of stock at times shows that more people enjoy the debauchery than most expect. But oddly enough, none can attest to just who some of the more frequent patrons are. Some say that everyone who enters the shop just looks like the same boring person as the last. But it's hardly believed that so many people living in even this city could look exactly the same. The shop is owned by the same person that runs the Ring of Rosary club.

Financial (Upper) District
If ever there was a place for the wealthy to display their wealth, it is here. Grand establishments, gated upper class communities and big businesses are found in this area. Like all areas of the city, however, it has been tainted by increased crime rates and ruined buildings. Businesses both big and small have suffered as a result of Imperium rule, and some have completely collapsed – both metaphorically and physically. However there is no doubt that this is still by far the most refined and rich areas of town.

Industrial District
Located to the east of the City. Expect to find warehouses, workhouses, factories, quarries, wharfs, and manufacturers here. The air pollution is at its worst in this part of the city – a perpetual fog hangs in the air from all the toxins, smoke and steam that is released from the factories and steam engines. Residential streets with terraced housing also occupy this area, great industrial structures looming over them. Alleyways are found here, but although they are by no means nice, they tend to be better structured and organised than the chaotic maze of passages found in the slums.
Railway tracks often run through this part of the city, transporting goods, cargo and raw materials…and occasionally something of real value. Train robbers, gangs and bandits operate in this area. Merchurdon’s main train station is also located here, and is heavily monitored by the Imperium, watching who goes in and out of the city.

Notable bodies of water found in Merchurdon:
    >>>The River & Harbour
    A river runs through the south of the city, and like the trains, trade and goods are often shipped in and out of Merchurdon via this river. There is a reasonable large harbour for ships and boats to dock at, and this again, is watched closely by the Imperium.

>>>Lake
    A large lake that had once seperated the two distinct portions of the city slums, and the Financial district. (See above at 'The Ring' for more info).

>>>Canals/Water ways
    There is a network of small winding canals and waterways that leads through Merchurdon, providing small boats with access from the river, right into the heart of the city. These waterways also help power small mills/factories in the city that rely on water and kinetic energy to generate power.

>>>The Sewers
    An underground maze of tunnels and pipes, spanning the entire city. Hardly the most sanitary place in Merchurdon, you wouldn’t want to be stuck down there for too long – and not just because of the smell. The Sewers are a perfect hiding place, but be warned – it’s very easy to get lost down there. Some people who have entered have never come back out…they say that ghosts of people who got lost down there still wander the tunnels, looking for a way out that they can never hope to find. Some say there are tunnels down there that don't show up on any map or blueprint – secret passages and hiding places...who knows where they lead to or why they were built?
    But Merchurdon’s sewers also hide many other dark things…if you decide to travel down there, perhaps it would be wise not to linger there for too long…
Last edited by Doctress Who on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Time Lady

Re: Final Destination: Victorian Underworld (OOC) –Sign ups open

Postby sam4books » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:51 am

I'll go first :D

==================================================================

----FIN----

Name: Abraham Wylie

Race: A Ghoul. No, not that kind of ghoul… Abe is a part of a race of beings with plastic like faces that are lacking a nose with pitch black eyes and a mouth and no ears or hair for that matter. Yet, they still retain expressive faces. A ghoul’s skin is as pale as paper, and they tend to have tall bodies that are identical to that of an average human. Other than their peculiar faces, ghouls have the unique ability to actually change their faces and skin color to match that of anyone they may be trying to portray. Because of this ghouls are often called “Doppelgangers”, although some take offense to this terminology. It is also said that ghouls are naturally adept at illusions, although this is merely just a rumor…or is it?

Appearance:

Aims: Abraham is neither for nor against the Imperium. His aim is simply to make profit from the recent happenings.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Occupation/Status: Abe’s main role in all this is the role of a Conman, his main gag being that of the traveling businessman.

Personality: Abraham, first of all, is NOT an honest man. He’s anything but. Even as a human, Abe’s been prone to telling lies to save his butt, or just gain some money, and people have always believed him. This is a luxury Abe uses to his advantage. See, Abe is an opportunitist, as well as a greedy fellow. If an opportunity to con someone out of money shows up, you can bet your behind Abe will take it. He knows where to find such opportunities too. All he needs to do is look for some naive fool who would make for the perfect mark, and then convince them somehow that he is trustworthy. It helps that Abe is a very charismatic fellow who is skilled at playing other people’s emotions for his own gain. He also happens to be quite skilled at weaving believable stories. He isn’t stupid either, even a ghoul knows better than to not cover up his tracks, and keeping others from finding him out. Trust me on this he WILL take measures to escape authorities. Although…lately those sorts of things aren’t much of a problem.

With the rise of the Imperium and the lack of officials dealing with crime, Abe has many times considered joining up with them. The problem with that is Abe is a free spirit, who believes any permanent alliances would kill his freedom, so he doesn’t bother with anything like that. The closest Abe will ever get to a permanent alliance is temporarily join up with a group that would benefit him for a sort number of time before trailing off without a sound after his time with the group “expires”. Abe has done this with a lot of fellow cons man, so it’s only natural. However, if you manage to give him a reason to stay with a given group, like touching his cold black heart, or revealing information about himself that he wouldn’t know *hint, hint*, he WILL stay. He won’t admit to it that he may be staying for a rather long time though, since he will say over and over again that you shouldn’t expect him to stay forever. But that is to be expected, isn’t it?

Weapons/equipment:

Weapon(s):
If you would consider a cane a weapon, it would be Abe’s weapon. In fact, Abe’s cane is the only weapon he ever had, actually. And let me tell you, canes are awesome melee weapons, and are proof that anything sturdy enough to bash someone’s head in is competent melee material. So not only can Abe bash your head in and run away laughing, he can also use the cane to slash at your sides and maybe create some permanent scars if he cuts deep enough. Why? Because the top of the cane (where the handle is) sword of spans out like handle bars on a bicycle (work with me here). One end is curved to a point end. Abe uses this end of the cane’s handle to pierce people who are dumb enough to expose weak spots while trying to attack him, or simply slash away at people’s sides or face. Honestly, Abe can do a lot of things with his cane. All you need is a little imagination. The cane itself is made out of Ash wood, and is painted black. (A picture is provided in the appearance section).

Equipment:
Abraham owns a bike (isn’t it awesome?) that he often runs around on. It is his main form of transportation and he never leaves home without it. If you see a strange man riding around on something like this, it is most likely Abe *hint hint, nudge nudge*.

Powers/magic:
Shapeshifting(Natural Ability)---- Like other ghouls, Abe has the ability to shape shift. However, this is only limited to his face and skin color. It’s all part of his little “acts”. Say you have a very innocent face that everyone could trust. Abe will copy that face, and then commit it to memory. Next time he’s conning someone into buying crap, Abe will take on the appearance of that face (often coupled with appropriate clothing that he interchanges almost all the time) and slightly changes his voice’s accent (which he’s actually quite skilled at). Sometimes he could even mix two people’s faces for a better effect. His choice in faces tends to be between the years of 20-30, although sometimes he DOES takes on the appearance of a forty year old (albeit rare). His skin colors also vary, and sometimes can appear as “out of this world” colors like green and blue (if he wants it to). This will always depend on who or what he’s trying to portray, as well on who his mark is and what the mark sympathizes with. As a part of this, Abe usually likes to study his mark before he makes the sales pitch.

Illusion(Natural Ability)---- Another natural ability. Abraham has the ability to create realistic illusions which he calls “cloaking illusions”. In this sense he “cloaks” a physical object in an illusion usually to make it appear far grander than it really is, especially in his line of work. For example, say he has a beaten down violin, and he wants to sell it somehow to some gullible sucker. He can cloak the violin in magic, make it look like its exceptionally well preserved, and tell a tale how it is a one in a million, rare violin that you can’t find anywhere else. If the illusion works, and the mark falls for his tale, Abe will sell the violin to the mark for a crazy amount of money. Now, there are ways to see through illusions. For one thing, these illusions are based on what light enters the eye, that means they are pretty much manipulating the light spectrum so that certain colors and shapes will appear to one or more people (it depends on who’s the mark and who’s around at the time of the sales pitch). He usually needs a template for his illusions. So no, he CANNOT create illusions out of thin air. Just so you know… Now, if anyone has the ability to interfere with magic, or their very PRESENCE can interfere with magic, the illusions will become slightly distorted, creating a ripple in the line of vision of those that the illusion is intended for. Also, if the cloaked item is viewed in a mirror, the REFLECTION on the mirror will show what the item really looks like. So, that supposedly rare violin you just bought from Abe, look in the mirror, yeah right there, and you will see that you just got played. Now get Abe before he runs off! Oh, and another thing, there’s a radius for Abraham’s illusions, 20 meters to be exact. Once a person is 20 meters from Abe, the illusion will disappear, and that will be your cue to turn around and find Abe, than complain. Good luck with that though. Abraham will be long gone by the time you get over the initial shock of being ripped off by a conman.

StopRecorder(Artifact), because there is no better name---- Essentially a stopwatch that doesn’t actually tell time. Nor is there any indication that it actually works. When Abraham bought the watch a long time ago, the salesman told him that the watch was broken. However, Abraham had known very well that the stopwatch was broken. That wasn’t why Abe went to get a hold of it. The stopwatch was enchanted by a magician who needed something to record a scene for “evidence” WAY before the stopwatch found its way into the salesman’s hands. According to Abe’s resources the stopwatch was enchanted to act as a video recorder. Simply activate the timer, and the stopwatch will record your environment for as long as you want (when you stop the timer, the recording will stop). It was supposed to be revolutionary, it was supposed to help people record crime scenes and the like, but everyone saw it as a normal, everyday stop watch. As the story goes, the magician became bankrupt, and was forced to sell his revolutionary stopwatch. And then Abe bought it. You can “replay” what the stopwatch records at any given time, all you need to do is use the little knob to the side (the one that winds a clock) and the recorded images will appear on the clock’s face. Just like magic! Thought I was going to do something time related huh?

History:
The life the Stranger had given him could probably be seen as the sort of life Abraham truly wanted.

He was born to a female being that didn’t look like a human at all. Her face was plastic, and her eyes pitch black, stringy strands of white hair fell past her shoulders almost reaching the ground. There was no hint of a father at the scene of his birth, which took place inside an inn owned by what Abe would know as a ruthless, impatient man. His very first memory of her is of a smiling pale maid, feeding him in the midst of a nearly empty wooden room that could probably be afforded by any sort of traveler. Her voice was vaguely like the voice of a songbird, and she sung to him a song that he would recognize for years to come as a tender hearted lullaby.

As years passed by he soon learned of the man his mother was employed other’s ruthlessness. On the day he was learning to walk, which was also the day he would’ve seen his ghastly face for the “first” time, he barged into the room and screamed at his mother to get working. He was only a toddler at the time, so he wouldn’t have understood the man’s reasons. The young ghoul could only watch as the strange man yelled and beat his mother. On the man’s good days he allowed Abraham to go outside with his mother when she would by ingredients for the inn’s foods. He liked to look at other people’s faces that looked so different and vibrant from his mother’s and his own. Whenever his mother attempted to introduce her little boy to the vendors he would reach out a pale hand and attempt to grab the vendor’s faces. That was always a no-no.

As Abraham grew older he began exploring the inn where he lived in, going as far as to sneak inside wary travelers’ rooms or break the expensive china. His mother, of course, was held accountable for her child’s actions. Whenever Abraham made a mistake she was beaten for it. Eventually, this caused Abraham to greatly hate the man. A six year old boy wanted to kill him! He actually TRIED to once, but he was still young, so the attempt was merely amusing to the innkeeper, and from then on he would suffer for his mother’s sake. It was something that the innkeeper said he “chose” for himself. After that day, Abraham saw the continuous guilt in his mother’s eyes, who told herself at night it was “all her fault”. It was evident that Abraham’s mother was taking the blame for her son’s sufferings. Abraham was put to work every single day without any breakfast, was not fed satisfactory lunches, and was given no break. He often only had up to five hours of sleep, and would then be put straight to work once again. Many times his mother attempted to help him, but her attempts would only make things worse for her. So, they both were stuck in a web of oppression.

But something happened to make things change. One day, a funny man in a top hat came over to the inn, saying that he had an appointment with the innkeeper. Abraham listened in on their meeting to find that the innkeeper had owed the man money from losing a bet before. For the first time in his life, Abraham heard the innkeeper sound worried. This made young Abe giggle, who found his master’s helplessness amusing. The innkeeper heard the young boy’s laugh, and exposed his presence immediately with a deathly glare in his eyes that could make the bravest man shake in his boots. It was the strange man that saved Abraham from his prolonged fate, offering to let the innkeeper hand the boy over to serve him in order to pay off his debt.

After saying a tearful goodbye to his mother, Abraham left to be in the strange man’s care, who introduced himself as Wallace Graham. Wallace brought Abraham to his home in the city and introduced the boy to some of his acquaintances who Abraham found to be just as weird as Wallace. They all had dirty teeth and tacky clothing, and acted sort of creepy around Abraham, but Wallace assured the boy that they were harmless. The strange man began teaching Abraham skills such as stealth or how to handle money, even what he needed to know about ladies. Sometimes he and his friends would go and do what they called “gags” and bring Abraham along with them. His job was mainly to stand there and look cute as they acted out some sort of play with some person or another, and then run off. It was all so confusing.

One day one of Wallace’s friends asked if Abraham could “shape shift”. This greatly confused the boy, since he never really heard of the term before. Then another one of Wallace’s friends asked him if he could copy the other friend’s “ugly face” for him. Again, Abraham was greatly confused. Thankfully Wallace saved him, and asked his friends to leave him the boy alone. Later Abraham would ask the strange man what his friends were talking about and the legacy of the ghoulish people was then explained to him. The man then placed a mirror in front of the boy’s face and asked him if he could copy his own face. Abraham did so, almost perfectly, relaying the scary image of an adult’s head on a ten-year-old boy’s body. Abraham couldn’t see it, but Wallace had smiled.

From then on, Abraham changed the appearance of his face daily, becoming more and more caught up in the schemes of Wallace and friends. Every day a different boy, every day a different role. Abraham noticed that Wallace’s friends started dressing differently and one of them even got some false teeth placed in his disgusting mouth. Whenever the boy asked about it, he was hand waved, with Wallace stating that it was nothing important and to just “continue playing your role”. But the boy wasn’t stupid. One night, while listening in on one of their nightly conversations, he heard them admit to using him. Without saying a word, Abraham took a large sum of their money and ran away.

For the next four years he spent many nights on the streets, fighting to stay alive and stealing from vendor carts. He began studying the faces of others, trying on a new face every night just in case he might really need to use his natural ability. It was around this time period that he discovered his illusionary abilities as well. It happened on one rainy night when he wished that a wooden crate would be a luxurious house. Suddenly the crate had warped into one of his dream homes (only smaller), and while at first Abraham thought this was merely hallucinations the boy found himself to have some sort of illusionary power after trying the same with a couple of other crates. It wouldn’t be until much later would he start to use this and his other ability to his advantage.

The time came with the meeting with two rich and naive characters. Abraham was walking the streets wearing the face of a cute innocent boy when a husband and his fat wife passed by him on a carriage. The wife had seemed to be really cranky, and was ordering her husband to buy her a new fan (it was very hot that day). This sparked an idea in the fourteen-year-old’s mind, and he stopped the carriage to specifically tell the wife that he knew where to buy the best working and most beautiful fans in town, and that if she only gave him some money he would go and buy one for her. She wasted no time in giving the boy some of her money (much to the husband’s dismay). Smiling to himself, the boy pocketed the money and ran off to the scrap yard, taking from it the first fan he could find. He then brought it back to the fat lady, using his illusionary abilities to cloak it into looking like it was the most wonderful fan in the world. The wife absolutely adored it, and had even given the boy some extra money which he accepted greedily before taking off again. Neither the wife nor the husband would ever catch the boy once they figure out they’ve been tricked.

Such was Abraham’s “life”, the life of the con man. At the age of twenty-two he would eventually track down Wallace and his friends, interrogating them for the reason that he heard they had knowledge of a rare magical item. By then, he had made a living off of selling worthless junk to naïve buyers, and made quite a lot of money for himself, building for himself a makeshift house in the scrap yard which he calls “The Garage”. His old mentor recognized him as the boy who ran off with all his money once Abraham showed him his “true” face, and was about to sick his friends on him when Abraham pulled out exactly the amount of money he took from them as a child. He then offered the money for the information he sought to which Wallace agreed, telling him of the legendary “StopRecorder”. It took Wallace a LONG time before he figured out the money was fake.

It is still unknown the reasons for Abraham’s ownership of the StopRecorder and what he plans on using it for. But one thing’s for certain, there’s a man around town, spreading lies. He’s the bad business man who does his business while he can, and he does his business bad.

’Previous life’ History:
Before Abraham was a ghoulish conman, he was an actor. Back on Earth when he lived as a human, he would take acting jobs in commercials, or act in a community play. Abraham was always an actor at heart, from a young toddler playing dress up to a college student performing in college plays. Something about becoming another person made Abraham feel secure.

Abraham never saw himself as a good person. He had always sort of felt “blank” and “un-interesting”. It didn’t help that there were those who liked to take advantage of him. He was never a sporty sort of guy, his friends liked to tease him about this. However he was a great actor, and was adept at weaving believable stories. His English teachers liked to commend him on this. So, a group of kids he hangs out with the most, musicians, all of them, decided to use his trustworthy charm to their advantage. While they were shoplifting at the mall he was given the duty to distract the store clerk. He was told to use whatever sort of story he could come up with as long as it was believable. Needless to say he did a good job with it, and his peers were successful. The only thing Abe got in return was a T-shirt.

He knew how people felt about him, it made him a bit self-conscious, and so he would focus more on others rather than himself. At times he would stop and stare at people passing by him in the streets, staring at the every detail of their downturned faces. He watched TV a lot, mainly live action TV shows, and held actors and actresses in high regard. How he had wished to be one of those people on the big blue screen, acting out for everyone to see. But the longer he stood by and let people get ahead of him in the game, the farther away from his dream he became. This made his heart yearn for greatness even more, looking on in jealousy at those who had it made, eventually he wouldn’t be able to take it anymore. Even his sister, who was more timid than he, became successful in her own right being married to a handsome musician and having three beautiful children that Abe found himself becoming forced to take care of them more than once in a while. He was a bit surprised to learn that his niece and two nephews enjoyed his acts, more so than anybody else he had met, and demanded that he’d do a number of impersonations for them. Abe didn’t mind this, loving the fact that someone was willing to lean on his every act, and he was then known as the children’s official babysitter while their parents were away doing God knows what. His sister’s husband soon grew jealous of him when he saw that his children loved Uncle Abe more than him. And what had become Abe’s golden moments of fame dwindled into nothingness after he was “fired” from his babysitting role, and the children were given new babysitters.

At that time, Abe thought he should try out for the community’s upcoming play, ”Death of a Salesman”    (foreshadowing and irony packed together in one delicious package)   . It was bright and cheerful on the day of the audition, but somehow Abraham had a horrible feeling about that day. As he walked out of his apartment towards his car he couldn’t shake the gut feeling that he was going to die very soon. Just when he reached his car, he found that standing by it was a strange man dressed in Victorian style clothing.

“Take my hand”

Theme song: Squirrel Nut Zippers – “Bad Businessman”
Last edited by sam4books on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:49 am

I love him, Sam. Heh, and for a moment there I did think the stopwatch was going to be like my "stop"watch xD
Time Lady

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:19 am

Character Sheet

Name : Alexis Tessera, Tarot
Race : Human

Appearance :
Normal
Alexis stands at 6ft with nicely trimmed blue hair that sweeps over to the left and seemingly covers his left eye completely. Most would say that his facial structure is gaunt and yet, has a sort of glow around it which makes people think he's handsome. He has a medium built body and large grayish blue-colored eyes.

As for clothing, Alexis wears a simple black double-breasted suit with notched lapels and a blue ribbon acting as a bow tie on his dress shirt inside. The cuff links are made of sapphire and his dress shoes are of simple black leather. His blue-tinted spectacles are always seen on him and a gold key hangs from a chain at his right trouser pocket. He also wears a pair of black leather gloves when he goes out, along with a good book.

Tarot
Due to my lack of ability in describing armor and the likes with proper detail, I had to turn to my final resort.
A picture reference.
Yep.

The face is hidden by a white mask and a hood. There is nothing on the mask when in Blank Form but a variety of designs come into play whenever another form is used. Also, the clothing and armor is made of a material of magic but not magic at the same time. You could say that it has magic in it but not as much so that the armor's power depends on the magic entirely. Bah, even I'm confused.

Aims :
Like all others, Alexis aims to survive in life, making his bookshop a success and to continue on with his second life as the Tarot.

Alignment : Mischievous Chaotic Neutral, although he does have a certain dislike for the Imperium.

Occupation/Status :
- Runs a bookshop which offers not only books but also inspecting, identifying, restoring and purchasing books from customers.
- Thief

Personality :
Alexis is an eccentric young bookstore owner so cheerful that it reaches to the extent of being annoying to those around him, but becomes serious in battle and sees material objects as more important than anything else. However when he is with his books, an air of serenity seems to slowly cover itself around him and gives a sort comfort to anyone nearby. He is also quite charismatic and knows his way around words and magic too. Another thing about Alexis would be his persistence when it comes to learning things and uncovering whatever information that lies beyond it, if it interests him.

He has extremely odd habits such as talking to books and describing them with human features such as beauty and personality, likes to cook odd food and is a naturally gifted player of card games. He likes to walk around town and has a fine taste for tea.

In battle, he is extremely tactful and often likes to taunt his opponents to cause them to make mistakes when fighting. Although he does not go as low as to abandon allies in battle, he will sometimes leave suddenly, usually for his own selfish causes. As for making allies, he will do it if necessary but will cooperates with them in a rather lackadaisical manner.

Weapons/Equipment :
As the Tarot, Alexis relies on a specially made tome of spells, the Deck as he calls it, which he has gone through much to acquire the means of creating it. In order to transform into the Tarot, the Deck must be with him in order to complete the process. He also has the four Contract Cards which proves his relation as a master to the Despertars. The Tarot has two forms, Blank and Colored.

Contract Cards
Not only are they proof of the relation between Alexis and the Despertars. They also let Alexis take on Colored Forms. Another unique ability of these cards is that it allows the master to summon the selected Contract to him with a keyword chosen by him. In Alexis' case, his would be 'evocar'. Contract Cards are indestructible, irreplaceable and unusable by others.

Tome of spells/The Deck
The Deck is a magical book which functions like a memory storage device, helping Alexis memorize whatever incantation or information he mentions to it in the form of cards resembling the ones from a tarot deck. He can simply call it out by will. It took Alexis years before he could acquire the means of creating it and months before it was completed.

Powers/Magic:
As the Tarot, Alexis basically makes up a team of five people with his Despertars, elemental/magical beings that have come under a contract with Alexis himself. The contracts are made of two parts, the summoning of the said being from their planes of existence and the ritual that needs to be made in order to 'bind' the being to the master. In Alexis' case, theirs involved a kiss by mouth-to-mouth on a magic circle. Through the contract, both parties gain powers from each other, bestowing new abilities and unlocking powers that they themselves never even knew they had.

Blank Form
Taking the role as a striker unit in battle. Blank Form has maximum magical capabilities when used, making his magical attacks highly effective and the magical attacks of others completely useless when faced with the massive amount of magic leaking out of him to form a barrier but leaves Alexis entirely defenseless if the enemy manages to stop his incantations which is as easy as a flick to the forehead or a slap at the cheek. Although Blank Form can easily take down enemies with its wide array of spells, it has the disadvantage of not bestowing Alexis with any weapons or bonuses unlike a Colored Tarot. Then again, when taken into consideration, its power alone already surpasses the Colored Forms and therefore, is rarely used by Alexis. The spells cast from Blank Form can either be elemental or just pure energy and is mostly the latter.

Colored Form
Taking on a Colored Form makes Alexis extremely versatile in battle as it unlocks different abilities based on which Despertar he chooses to fuse with. He loses the magical effectiveness found in Blank Form for this but receives new abilities, bonuses and a weapon depending on the chosen Despertar. In order to fuse with a Despertar, Alexis must gain agreement from the other party, have the respective Contract Card with him and have the Despertar near him. In this form, the Deck evolves and changes according to which Despertar is fused with Alexis, giving new spells but only according to one element and therefore, limiting his magical attacks.[/list]

Despertars
The Despertars are basically a unit of four elemental soldiers which have their own individual roles in battles and their own abilities as well. Alexis on the other hand acts as the commander and striker unit which deals out the necessary attacks to bring down enemies completely while the Despertars follow his commands and carry out the proper actions needed.

They were military units which served under someone named King Cielo but have resigned and become residents of Myriat since the contract with Alexis. Although they are supposed to be theoretically non-existent in Myriat, merely existing as their represented elements but as soldiers and living beings in the other plane where they had been called from. Due to the contract with Alexis, they are able to exist in their real forms in Myriat.

Despertar Number 1 - Etere (Eh-Teh-Reh)
Rank : Unknown, although it seems that he was probably an Admiral
Element : Ethereal

The calm, extremely positive, and intelligent leader of the Despertars, Etere excels in recon and an excellent advance guard. He is praised for his abilities to cope with ambushes and ability to handle even the most craziest of situations. Is an expert and lover of tea which has caused Alexis to officially make him his 'tea handler' in the bookshop. With his element of the Ethereal, Etere is able to turn intangible and invisible along with his weapon, the shortsword with a blade made from a unique mix of extremely powerful but unknown steel, but may be a disadvantage due to being unable to attack and leaving himself wide open to exorcism attacks.

Despertar Number 2 - Fuoco (Fhew-Koh)
Element : Fire

The 'androgynous woman with a hard kick and temper to match' on the team. Usually fighting at the front lines along with Etere or defense for Alexis while he casts spells, Fuoco is an extremely versatile fighter who excels in power and endurance. She also displays incredible capabilities in direct attacks and battle power in close quarters. Although she is extremely easy to anger, she seems to follow Alexis' orders diligently and happily obeys them which has led to the teasing by the rest of the team. Official 'errand boy' in the bookshop. Her weapons are a pair of sabres with the ability to cover the blades in fire when she gets angered. The angrier she gets, the hotter they burn.

Despertar Number 3 - Acqua (Ak-Qua)
Element : Water

Cold, blunt and a complete realist, Acqua is perfect for supporting roles in battles with her capabilities in analyzing the enemy with amazing speed and constantly informing teammates on the battlefield along with offering tactical advice. Unlike Fuoco and Etere, the blonde reptile hates it when they fight and would rather live a normal life where she could attend balls and go shopping for expensive jewelry like she did back then. When angered, she turns into a complete monster even to the extent of being able to scare Fuoco and have her cooperate. Officially the 'caretaker' of the bookshop, making everything look prim and proper along with the job of cooking meals. Her weapon varies depending on how much water she has around her and to manipulate. Because of this, she constantly carries around large vials of water with her.

Despertar Number 4 - Terra
Element : Earth and Lightning

Not truly a 'soldier', Terra was the perfect candidate as the leader of the research squad. His constant worrying for the smallest of details and obsession with perfection makes him perfect for his job which varied from Medic, Researcher and Technician in battles. In battles, he uses magic to heal others, give long-range support and even boost the fighting capabilities of others. He is the official 'bookkeeper' of the bookshop, making sure profits are existent and keeping tabs on the long list of books kept by Alexis. His weapons are a pair flintlock pistols that fire lightning bolts, paralyzing enemies for brief seconds if they're hit enough along with a small green metal box containing medical supplies and other stuff that may be necessary. Healing only goes to the extent of light wounds and deeper ones are tiring.

History :
The current Alexis is the single son of the last Terressa generation. Upon the death of his mother and father, Alexis was given a good sum of money, just enough to start his own business. Sure enough, he decided to aim for having a bookstore of his own which had been his dream since young. Funny thing is, he doesn't even know why he likes books so much. It just seemed like he was suppose to belong among shelves and shelves of books.

Like all others, he is plagued by visions of the Stranger. The Stranger seems to hold some sort of importance or missing piece of a puzzle in his life. The only clue he has to this Stranger is of a small white book held in one of his hands but he can't make out the title at all. However, that doesn't mean he won't give up, he's still determined that if he can somehow manage to find this book, all will be solved.

His urge to steal is somewhat more developed when compared to the previous Alexis, aiming for larger targets while still having some sort of importance to someone. In other words, you could say that these 'objects of importance' have evolved to a much larger scale. Steal an important brooch that was given to you on your first date? I think not. Steal an ancient book that will be the key to the opening ceremony of an important event for royalty? Yes.

Previous History: PMed to GM

Theme Song : Shihoko Hirata - Pursuing My True Self or Timbaland ft. Katy Perry - If We Ever Meet Again
Battle Theme : Heartful Cry - Dual Mixed[/quote]
Last edited by Musicmac on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Listen.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:22 am

So Doctress, is there a chance that I could design a character who has a little more of a Renaissance-style to his clothes?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Mathias » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:27 am

This makes me think of the League.

And I'm tempted to bring in a certain eccentric doctor who got shafted in a past Victorian adventure that, literally, never got off the ground.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:59 am

Blood Lord wrote:So Doctress, is there a chance that I could design a character who has a little more of a Renaissance-style to his clothes?
Sure, go for it. As I said, I'm not looking for a historically-correct RP, but one with a very strong Victorian influence. Since it's set on a different world, it is quite possible to have a mixture of things from different Eras in there.

Mathias wrote:This makes me think of the League.
That definitely had some influence when I was making this RP.
Time Lady

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 am

Well, Sam got me a bit interested.

And, gotta say, I'm getting inspired toward a certain type of character... This could be fun. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 am

Name: William Livingstone

Appearance:

William dresses as his occupation dictates. A solid black top hat with band to match and quite tall. He dons a tasteless showiness bright red topcoat and tails with golden trims. His topcoat is always buttoned up to the very top and kept well clean and unwrinkled.The pants are tan and the boots are leather and well polished. His gloves are an ivory white and in his hand, his right to be exact is a black cane with a gold colored handle.

When William is not performing a show for all ages, he wears regular clothing. Unlike his performances, his sense of clothing isn't tasteless or gaudy. He wears a dark brown bowler hat when out and about. He always carries a black umbrella with a silver tip and a brown handle in case it rains. For a shirt, its a dark forest green dress shirt and a dark brown vest with pants and jacket to match. Attached to the vest, is a silver pocket watch. His shoes are loafers with black socks.

His hair is black and his moustache is small. Eyes are a greenish blue.

Aims: Against the Imperium.

"If we don't fight them now, then when will we, when their too strong?"

Alignment:
Lawful Good

Occupation/Status: Ringmaster of Circus Duex

Personality:

As the Ringmaster, he's loud and a show off. He boldly declares to the crowds of wonderment and the bizarre to entertain and capture interest. And if he's voice, doesn't attract, he uses his marksmen skills to wow them. Through out of the ringmaster clothing, William is a regular person. He enjoys drinking coffee out doors in the countryside, reading the newspaper on a lazy day, and work with his hands. He has a strong sense of justice and what's right and wrong.

Weapons/equipment:

Lancaster pistol: The Lancaster pistol is a four barreled pistol. It has a faster rate of fire and increased reliability over contemporary revolvers. What this pistol looks like before the trigger is pulled.

Coach Gun: The coach gun is a pistol with a knife. The blade is spring loaded and is very similar to a switchblade. What this pistol looks like with the blade exposed.

Umbrella

Pocket Watch

Powers/magic:

~Clockwork Warriors~

Tiny mechanical men that are the size of doorknobs. Individually, they are weak, but together they are a frightening force. They can travel to far off distances about 8.5 kilometers away from their master without losing function. They can lift things proportional to their height and their appendages is hands and different tools . What they do best is take things apart, repairs, and spying all done in a quick like fashion. By taking things apart this includes people too with ease. As mentioned above, individually, one can be broken, quite easily by a person, so yes they are weak. Also water is a weakness as they do rust. They don't speak so how they converse is by morse code. They hide in very small spaces if they can, often out of sight in big numbers.

Speed:
-As little robotic little men, they run about proportional to their height, not very fast. However, they can curl themselves into a ball and roll around on the ground. Once they do that, they can out run people and catch up to horses that are at normal paces. Their hands and arms move much faster than their legs.

Range:
-As mentioned above, they can remain optional at a distance of 8.5 kilometers away from William. That is roughly about 5 miles. This is great for scouting missions as this lets William to remain out of harm as they listen and watch, from where they are hiding. Typically, they always remain of out of sight.

Strength:
-They aren't very strong and a person can actually destroy one with ease. However, they can remove bolts from an iron girder, hammer in nails like a person, and carry large pieces of lumber and metal, because of their numbers.

Repair & Construct:

-They have interchangeable hands. As in, they can exchange their metallic hands for another tool or so, they carry with them. These tools include hammers, clamps, hooks, knives and etc. They can repair anything in a quick like fashion as long as they have the materials around them to do so. They can construct things as well as long as William knows how to make something. If William doesn't know how to built something, then they can't.

Disassemble:
-They have interchangeable hands. As in, they can exchange their metallic hands for another tool or so, they carry with them. These tools include hammers, clamps, hooks, knives and etc. With these tools, they can literately take apart anything that William orders them to do so. They can do this much, much faster than making repairs. They can even skin a person, if given a chance, without much trouble. However, that will hardly ever happen due to the person William is.

~ Pocket Watch [Artifact]~ Frost Watch~

An artifact made just for him [see history]. The pocket watch he carries on his person, is among a set, but only William got this one with its special effect. Its not as versatile as the Clockwork Warriors of William, but it is useful nonetheless especially in William's hand. On the principle that there is magical energies all around us, this watch, once clicked, will act as a filter allowing said chosen one to absorb 15% of those energies with each given breath. As long as that person breaths, this effect remains possible. If short of breath, choking, or the user is out of breath, then the effects won't be as effective or usable.

This pocket watch was made specifically for William Livingstone and only gives him the full benefit. Someone else can use this, but won't get the same benefits as William, absorbing only % 2 for a human, magical beings %5. Now the benefits Will will receive, by absorbing this 15%, is an affinity with ice and strength. Results are different with different users.

Muscles are powered by the oxidation of fats (as well a few other things). With the filter active, the magic energy also powers the muscles, therefore, it boosts his muscles, making him stronger. The affinity with ice is more because Will is attuned with that mystical element than the others. He can freeze things around his person and if he concentrates and focuses on his breathing, he can freeze things by punching.

History:

Will's life had always revolved around the circus. He done several jobs as he grew up surrounded by animals and circus folk. He had cleaned stalls and fed bizarre creatures to juggle flaming objects and shot difficult targets. All for the sake of the family business, until it was time for him to make his own circus.

13 years ago from this very day, Will started Circus Duex with a friend named James Deadwood. Deadwood was Will's magic act, his magician, the pulling force to some of his earlier circus acts as he went around the countryside to employ his own people. Not the most easiest task, but thanks to Jame's performances, it helped. They were good friends until James left, gone without a trace or message. Some wondered if they had a falling out and William wondered if some kind of tragedy had befallen his missing friend and magician.

A month ago to this very day, William receives a package and letter from James.

James Deadwood wrote:
Dear William,

I regret to inform you that if you are reading this message, then my dear friend, I have departed from this world of ours. I must once again send my condolences to you for leaving the circus, but my friend, I had to purse other goals. This goal was to research and develop my own artifacts, which I might I add, I was very successful. Too successful, unfortunately, as some unruly fellows taken interest in my findings.

The point of this message and, I'm sorry to ask if you could gather the pocket watches, I've made. I have no right to ask you this, but you are the only one, I can trust for this task. See to it, that the wrong hands don't have them in their possession. If you kindly would.

Yours Truly

James

PS:
I knew that you would eventually return to Merchurdon since that is where we first met and started Circus Deux. You always were sentimental so I left instructions that this message be given to you as soon as the tents were up. This place is more important than just those old memories, old friend, and this is where, you need to begin your investigation if you chosen to.

’Previous life’ History: Will PM

Theme Song: "Zero Gravity" performed by John Barry
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 21 times in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:59 am

Looks good so far MM.

I'm guessing maybe a villian character for you, Ro...? ;D
Time Lady

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:03 am

Not...entirely. I'm thinking a guy who does bad very frequently, but by nature wants to help out good guys.

Just not for free. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 am

Ah I see...I like those types of characters. Heh heh.
Should be interesting to see what you come up with.
Time Lady

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 am

I'm bringing my psychopath turned docile with violent tendencies.
Finished, Kukukukuku!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Minara Kali Kaur

(Think Inuyasha) Race: Demon. The features are more so humans with animalistic appearances; basically human versions of animals. They have long furry ears, depending on their race; some had horns and tusk. All have fangs, sharp long nails, and born with tattoos that are the very streaks of fur when in full Demon form. Their lives extended, only by a little, more than a human life and their culture was divided. Each clan fended for their own but were never united. Demons stick to their own, very protective by nature. The ones to go to when you want a job done right the first time around. Perfect for survival missions, when a demon puts its mind to something, nothing can stand in its' way.

Appearance
Standing at the height of 5' 10'', with mismatched eyes; left dark mahogany, right pale sky blue. Her hair is mid-back length, pure sliver with flaming red and orange tips. She has abnormally long—for a demon—canine-like teeth that make others wary of her. Extremely curvaceous, long bell right sleeve, her left side is sleeveless; a pair of golden bracelets adorn her wrists. Her top is dark violet and she wears black short shorts with an indigo slit skirt that flows down to her ankle. The skirt covers her entire right side and the slit starts at the left side of her waist. She has four golden anklets on both her ankles and doesn't wear any shoes.

Aims: She's neither good nor evil, with the loss of her memory she's only trying to survive and figure out why everything feels so strange.

Alignment: Choatic Good

Occupation/Status: Hired Bodyguard/Butler for a Nobleman's son.

Weapons/equipment:
Weapons-->She has a long staff strapped to her back inscribed with a small Rune that allows the staff to length and retract upon activation.
Equipment--> A small kit for first aid that she restocks.

Powers/magic:
Powers--> Fire manipulation Very unstable so she rarely uses it unless she absolutely has to.
Slow Regeneration As a demon this ability is natural. Cuts and bruises heal within a couple of hours after receiving the blows. But anything like a dislocated shoulder, takes at least a day to heal correctly. Limbs that are pulled away from the body entirely take three days to fully heal with the help of a first aid kit. Anything beyond that is non-repairable. If something gets chopped to pieces, it won't reattach itself, all the pieces have to be in the right place for normal regeneration.
Full Demon: Fox Transformation Purely a defensive power, it changes the entirety of a demon's humanesque form. Her full body shifts into that of an over sized fox. The activation of this form is caused by overly fatal wounds and is kept in play until the wounds are fully healed or the demon dies.
Magic--> Runes. Her outfit is magically modified to act like armor, with the Rune insignia placed on her right sleeve where her bicep would start. She has a small Rune tattooed right below the hem of her shorts on both legs, that allows her legs an extra boost of power in doing menial things such as a kick, run or jump.

Personality: Prideful, poised and polite but harsh spoken. She treats everyone with respect expect for those unfortunate enough to cross her path as an enemy. A very adventurous person who is somewhat motherly when the situation calls for it, energetic dispute her seemingly well mannered stature and an ideal example of what a grown woman should be like but a tad childish at heart. She’s merciless against those who wish to harm whoever she's protecting; when she puts her mind to it. But no one stands a chance against her if she’s ever caught in a fit of uncontrollable rage, usually caused by a trigger of foolishness from her enemy by delivering a fatal wound to her protectee.

History: She grew up under the care of their clan. The entirety of the Fox Demon clan taught her the way of life and when she came of age at 18, she was able to live life on her own. Good solid values, Minara went into the Bodyguard business. Almost immediately she found work within the Aristocratic families. Most of her jobs consisting of one to week night protecting. Until one day, a Nobleman approached her with the prospect of earning a large sum of money for the rest of her life if she devoted herself to solely one job. At first, she didn't want to do it. Why would she give up many jobs with good pay for one that merely seemed decent? The Nobleman, Jacob Damour, was surprisingly convincing when he showed her how much her first paycheck would be like. She agreed, giving her full services to Jacob. When they arrived at the house she had merely assumed that she would be guard the man but that was not the case. Instead, she was in charge of his son, Julian. At first she thought being the eight year old's bodyguard was going to be uneventful. It just so turns out that she was absolutely wrong. Ten years they've spent going back and forth between adventures as Julian called it once. It seemed he was not only accident but kidnap prone as well. Minara has had her plate full for quite sometime as his Bodyguard. Especially now that he's claiming to be against Imperium.

'Previous life' History
Andrellius, a man of great stature in the world as the topmost mercenary had a small family. He was truly crazy when he allowed the darkness in his heart consume him. He killed his small family, leaving the youngest alive. Growing up under the care of her grandfather, her farthest memory picking up at the age of six; Minara was shaped into a model female Mercenary. Part of the family business, Andrellius taught her everything she ever learned.

But Andrellius wasn’t a normal human being who wanted to save people with his power; instead he wanted to kill them all.

Normal businessman turned killer he was a psychotic to the core, Andrellius, along with his ever obedient granddaughter were wearing masks, soon known as Mass Serial Killers. Having grown under him, Minara thought it was normal to obey any command her grandfather gave her, the screams of the people she killed never phasing.

Whether it was out of admiration or love she aspired to always be at Andrellius’ side for it was the only life she knew. She willingly followed him but feared the part of her that began to thoroughly enjoy their way of life. A small voice in the back of her head was telling her the things they did were wrong, but the more prominent voice scoffed haughtily, telling her that it was the only way to survive.

Torn between her devotion and conscious of right and wrong, Minara continued to do as she was told. Forced to brutally murder innocence, she began to form two personalities. One that wished for the screaming to stop; the other enjoyed each useless cry. Once she tried handing herself in. She arrived at the police station, but before she could gather the courage, Andrellius was there, smiling, pretending she had been lost and was smart enough to go to the one place he knew she'd go.

However, they're disguises didn't last long. Somehow the government managed to connect the correlation of her grandfather and the two killers together. While fending off swat members who ambushed them, another one snuck up behind her and she was delivered a substantial blow to the head. Suffering massive head trauma from the attack, she fell unconscious and was detained. She awoke, chained in a prison with no recollection of what was going on.

They told her Andrellius had escaped. They were going to pin all the murders on her, forced or not, if she didn't agree to give them the location of his hiding spot. She honestly didn't know where he would go, grief-stricken that he would just leave her. She was taken to trial, founded guilty for mass murder and was sentenced to death-row.

On the day of her execution she received only one visitor. A man shrouded in shadows who spoke of freedom. Was it possible? Could she really be saved after all that she had been forced and in some cases willingly to do? Would she have honestly been happier had her life gone in a different direction?

Theme Song:Minara You're Not Here
Minara/Andrellius Servant of Evil
Last edited by Kougaiji+Sesshomaru on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:00 pm

Name: Paeter Sym

Race: Human with what looks like a touch of something.... unnatural

Appearance: 5’10” and slightly undernourished at the present time, Paeter looks worn and tiered, which is not helped by the fact that his skin has a grey tinge to it. Also, along his neck, forearms and legs, deep blue veins are very evident and become more so depending on how unwell Paeter is. His eyes are a striking dirty yellow and his features are sharp, but not pointy. He keeps his hair thick on his head, combed up and back in the style of young nobles, with strong sideburns that reach his jaw. Despite a few streaks of white, Paeter’s hair is black.
Normally, Paeter wears grey trousers and suspenders, tucked into thigh high boots. He wears a simple, but stylish white shirt under rich coloured waistcoats in a variety of styles. He has a number of long coats and cloaks for the cold night air, and a top hat for the right occasion.
During his work, he wears a thick, dark apron and heavy duty, long gloves.
When in allied with the ‘Black Watch’ he wears a bright blue waist coat and ‘smoke’ trench coat (see magic equipment), with the goggles he has recently reworked with the green ‘seeing glass’ instead of the usual ones. He wears fingers black gloves and this is generally the only time he wears his large gun on his right hip, in view of the world. Most of this is in keeping with the appearance of the group, who generally look similar.

Aims: Paeter is driven to understand the soul and it’s energies. He is in favour of no particular cause, but supports those who help him work.

Alignment: Depending on the day.... obsessive

Occupation/Status: Paeter is an Alchemist/Chemist/scientific necromancer who works on commission. Thankfully, with the industrial revolution, ‘ordinary’ people have been wanting things that were once out of reach. He is also currently under the employment as a free agent to the Imperium, working closely with gun slingers and mages known as the ‘Black Watch’.

Personality: Obsessive! Paeter comes off a little cold sometimes because he is buried heavily in his work. He is not sure why he is driven to find the answers to anything he just is, this unfortunately, gives others a sour impression of him. Of course his choice in aquantinces is looked upon with... curious eyes, but in a city rife with corrupt officials and evil warlocks, not to mention things that seem even weird to inhabitants of Myriat, people just let Paeter go on with his life.

Weapons/equipment: Elegant, snap loading pistol, modelled off a double trap shot gun. This has a shot but deadly range with only a two shot capacity. Paeter is a reasonably useless shot, so a scatter gun in a pistol format is a brilliant option for him. The large shell has also lead Paeter to investigate the creation of more unique ammunition, some based on the work he had previously done for commission, trying to copy magic and spells.
A work in progress skeleton glove with ‘soul sucking’ crystals imbedded in the palm of the hand. It is not yet operational.
Surgical knives.

Powers/magic: Seeing glass; Clouded green lenses that Paeter has put into his goggles which allow the viewing of the colour of a creatures soul. The aurora of any living being can be viewed through the glass, without the aid of light.
Smoke coat; A long trench coat with trimmed with dull colour epaulets and edged in the same style trim. The coat itself looks like dirty black smoke that moves on it’s own accord, making the wearer harder to define during cloudy days and any dark location. It is part of his uniform when working with the ‘Black Watch’

History: Born to middle class parents of no real important standing within the city, Paeter was at a loss with himself; he felt the need to push himself in some direction but he could determine what that something trying to drive himself. His parents, both human, or at least without knowledge of anything special in their blood, worked in alchemy to the emerging middle class of the time, meaning that Paeter found himself caught in an interesting sociably position. On one side the low down, drudge society of the poor that couldn’t afford magical devices and cures and the middle class who wouldn’t. Paeter followed in his parents footsteps until the birth of the industrial revolution where he naturally delved into the science of chemistry.
Yet Paeter has always felt something missing in his life, something he thought he had found in religion. A local temple, small and misplaced amongst the ramshackle buildings and waterways, gave him a sign of the Gods... or at least the charismatic priest Camnowal convinced him the light through the Windows was a sign. This has led him down the path of trying to discover the ‘art’ of the soul, through new scientific ways, unfortunately his search has taken him down a dark path. Where this new drive has come from he is unsure, almost unaware that there was anything like this before, he is... obsessed with finding the way to the soul. To do this he has begun to study necromancy and trying to apply the methods through his alchemy and chemistry, though with mixed results.
He is in constant contact with the rat catches guild, notorious for dealing with grave robbers, to help supply him with cadavers to experiment on. He is not sure what he is searching for only that he is trying to find a way to steal the souls, an interesting idea mentioned and hinted at in his books on the subject. Paeter is just sure that he will find the reason for his experiments when he does, whatever it is that he is doing. He is currently trying to make a device to steal souls. These studies, usually late at night have taxed him greatly in both mind and body and brought him under the attention of the ‘Black Watch’
The ‘Black Watch’, an organisation under the control of the imperium tasked with rooting out opposition within the city, greater power that could be harnessed by the impirum, go between with local crime lords, generally a number of unsavoury activities. Although there are a number of different companies and organisations working for the impiruim in these matters, the ‘Black Watch’, headed by the cruel, slightly demonic creature Bellise del Thanar, are the appointed individuals for the section of the city that Paeter resides in.
Bellise, through blackmail and bribery has convinced Paeter to use his blend of skills in their service in exchange for specific acquisitions he could not get else where. Paeter has so far done little leg work, but is in fear that something will force him to really take a stand and a side, and he is not sure weather he really wants to.
Paeter has been betrothed twice in his young life, but due to complicated circumstances (a large troll and an heiress with a large dowry) have put an end to any real romance in his life or a family, but there is a feeling in the back of his mind that there is a love he is missing.

People of consequence in Paeter’s life:
His mother Jaenus
‘Gallus’ his contact in the rat catchers guild
Priest Camnowal of the temple of the blessed crop
Bellise del Thanar of the Black Watch
Candice of Fritte was once betrothed to him

Previous life’ History: Paeter was once call John, he once was amiddle management for a softwear company, he was married with two children and he liked bowling. The problem was that John had hit a midlife crisis and become so devoted to his office life that he excluded his family and its need. Arogant and self assured, John was absant for much of his young cildrens life until his youngest was clipped by a spedding car in put in intensive care, never to walk again. John changed his life around to become the type of fatherhe had once aspired to be.... unfortunatly that is when Death had come 'a-knocking. Frightened that he ould loseso much now that he had only just found it, John agreed to the ridiculous game in hope that he could one day be reunited with his family. This is what drives him in the knew world, although he does not know it, this is the part of him that is missing. He will try to survive and win so he can simply return home.

Theme song: Just for fun.
Last edited by Happy Little Gekko on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Two very interesting CS's there...ooh I like your history, Kougaiji. I'm going to have fun with that.

@Gekko: You will explain who the Black Watch are, I presume?
Time Lady

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:40 pm

i will, it will all come in history if you let it.... just world cups on now
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:45 pm

That's fine, no rush...just checking.
Hahah, enjoy watching it.
Time Lady

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Oh ho, she likes. This is good, very good indeed ^^
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Hmm...I may be able to add in a certain skeletal detective here.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mathias » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Maybe Doctor Billiam Beleraphon, PhD could make his not-so-triumphant return?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Doctress did you see the game? oh my lord did that suck...... right back to the matter at hand, finishing the post.

Postby Archrival » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Finished.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Avengelius De-Michaelangelo Bottacelli (Or Bob The Mime for short)
Race: Mind Flayer (Illithid)
Appearance: Think the classic french mime oufit. (Example 1, Example 2) Bob wears the classic make-up as well even if his face is covered in tentacles.

Aims: Fighting the fiends and demons of the world....and invisible boxes.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Occupation/Status: Mime

Personality: Bob is the quiet type....Literally, he never speaks but he generally has a smile on his face in most situations or could that just be the make-up? He'll dive into battle with a whole host of invisible weapons that he could ever want in his arsenal.

Weapons/equipment:
The only thing that Bob has physically in his possession is a small mechanical little robot (Example) which is called Peal, it doesn't speak in normal speak but in gear squeeks and pings.

Powers/magic:
Mind Control
Bob being an Illithid is granted all the abilities that race inscribes, one of those being mind control. If concentrating enough on a singular being Bob can literally unlock that being's mind and make it his own little play thing control their movements and even speach, the only thing he can't do is kill that person as their survival instinct is just too strong.

Brain Devour
If every single one of Bob's tentacle gets attatched to your head the you're screwed as Bob will literally rip your brain out of your skull and devour it whole. This is very powerful when combined with his mind control.

Psionics
Bobs can move stuff with his mind and also communicate telepathically, the latter being rather useless as he's a mime so you wouldn't hear anything even if he did try to communicate. The former though is very useful when combined with his invisible mime objects.

Mime Objects
Now you may think Mime objects are useless as they don't techincally exist, you'd be wrong. Those truly skilled in mime can literally reach into the ether and pull out an any number of real invisible objects, varying from lassos to atomic bombs. The more complex the item however the more strength of mime you need.

History: Bob began his life as a mime after his Illithid spawn was stuck onto that of a french mime in paris. He then continued his life as the mime, he even joined the great cult on the Silent One. The Silent One is said to be the most powerful mime in the entire universe and goes by the latin name 'Yog Sithis', he also said to be one the greater gods and the bringer of silence where he shall mute the entire world. Bob researched into this and was horrified by what would happen, he went rogue from the cult and decided to fight any evil cause as long as it's intentions threatened his way of life.

’Previous life’ History: PM.

Theme song: Brains -Voltaire
Last edited by Archrival on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Mathias » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:30 pm

LOL, nice Billy and Mandy touch, Archie.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Role Playing