Children of the Grim, OOC, Sign Ups Still Open, OMFG, A POST

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Children of the Grim, OOC

Postby Keiran » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:26 am

Yet I usually understand more than you do. Why is that?

Postby Musicmac » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:48 am

MM, I love you for creating this RP. :D

I have the perfect character that I've been itching to put into an RP here. :3

Character Sheet - The Quite Doctor

Fairy tale(s) :
-Doctor Knowall, by the Grimm Brothers
-Ward No. 6, by Anton Pavlovich Chekhov
-Metro 2033, by Dmitry Glukhovsky
-The Quite Doctor, by an unknown author

All of these tales have very different stories but an extremely similar character, which is a man who experiences a streak of extremely unlikely incidents.

Patient Number : QU1T3 PL3AS3

Name : Doctor Dmitry, last name is unknown.

Appearance :
Observational report #1
Patient number : QU1T3 PL3AS3
The patient, formally identifying himself as 'Doctor Dmitry' has a startling height of 6ft 4. We have discovered that he is indeed Russian when he obediently volunteered himself to writing a few passages of his home language on a sheet of paper and muttering a few phrases. The man has black hair, with a few strands of dirty brow mixed in. His gray eyes are always remaining half-closed, leading us to think that he might have sleep deprivation or has experienced constant fatigue. His face is covered by a surgical mask, which he seems to be reluctant of taking off. Patient also seems to avoid any means of communication by voice. For now, the only means of communication we have with him is either by paper or his facial expressions.

Observational report #2
Patient was stripped of his clothing for a more thorough examination today. He has a thin body by our measurements and seems to make the lab coat which he wears seem sleek or even slightly slender (Heaven forbid, the nurses might start liking him). It was a surprise to find multiple scars all across every part of his body. Further examination surprised us more when a number of healed bullet wounds were found on his stomach. The patient told one of the examiners that it came from a bandit's shotgun when he was robbed. The patient completely refused the idea of taking off his surgical mask, while angrily muttering a few phrases in Russian and English. He seems more willing to use his voice now and is slowly adjusting to the staff.

His clothing was taken to inspection and combed for any more clues of who he really is. The patient's lab coat seems to be able to be worn inverted, with a black interior made of leather. A protective jacket perhaps. His dark purple dress shirt, black pants and black leather belt are old, slightly dirty and worn with a few patches here and there. Gunpowder, blood stains, swamp water, soil and iodine stains were found all over his clothing, making us convinced that he really might have been a medic on a battlefield or even an escaping convict.

-Writing in his journal
-Peace and serenity
-Silence
-Cleanliness
-A pleasant, cold winter night
-Cherry-flavored sugar-free lollipops
-Treating people equally
-People who know how to smile and be thankful
-Not speaking
-Shashlik
-Tea
-Vicodin

Dislikes :
-People who violate his journal
-People observing him, in an obvious fashion
-Violence
-Noise
-Heat and humidity
-People with no manners
-Not being understood
-Grenades, land mines and RPGs
-Vampire bats
-Mutton cooked rare and roasted garden snails. When you've traveled around the world with a lunatic by accident, you're bound to hate a few things that he cooks.

Disorders :
Addiction to Vicodin :

His addiction to the painkiller started when he entered the edges of the Exclusion Zone, where he suffered broken ribs and bullet wounds. Vicodin was his only method of relief during that time, excluding suicide. The addiction however, ended when he managed to get out of Russia but quickly resumed when he ended up running for his life in the North of Korea.

Split personality (Dark Dmitry) :

Greetings, my name... is Sava

Referred as Number seven, Seven or Sava by Dmitry, the doctor's 'other side' is actually quiet friendly and not as evil as most split personalities are stereotypically pictured on television. Don't underestimate him though, for he is called Dark Dmitry for a reason. He isn't violent or sadistic but lacks the moral compass to differ between right and wrong. Because of this, his actions are more likely to cause trouble and damage.

Sava is a gentleman, much like Dmitry himself but has the skill of persuasion and tact to basically get away with whatever he does, or at least have a very good reason to do it. He considers himself equal to Dmitry, and so does the other party. Sava has no desire to take over Dmitry, since he's more focused on being amused by the situations Dmitry often gets into and his survival which ensures both their existences.

There is no definite method to know whether it is Sava or Dmitry in control but the former does have a habit of taking off Dmitry's surgical mask and inverting the lab coat to show its black interior. And he talks too.

Sweet little canine tooth :

HAH... HAHA.... Suuuugaaaar... Hee hee hee...

A troubling mental disorder of Dmitry's. When he ingests a high amount of sugar, he literally starts going crazy and will turn into a monster. No one knows what causes this reaction and it doesn't even seem to affect Sava, which causes the theories of a trauma from his past. Be careful when you give him candy and make sure it's sugarless, or the last thing you'll be tasting is the bittersweet blood you're choking on. A good way to tell that the doctor is turning, would be when his eyes start to dart in random directions and his hands start to shake uncontrollably.

Communication problems :

...Hello

Bad enough to be considered an issue but not bad enough to be considered Social Anxiety Disorder. Dmitry has the habit of not speaking, at all. It's not that he's mute or doesn't know how to talk, he just doesn't like making noise when the situation doesn't call for it. And the situations that he constantly gets into doesn't seem to call for it, at all. He will though, say a few words from time to time. If a miracle happens and you become his friend, you'll discover that he has a whole other way of communicating with people.

Paranoia, Gods' Plaything :
All his life, Dmitry has experienced many things that he is convinced that the Gods have decided to put him into. Witnessing deaths, saving lives by accident, getting involved in a war, being a mediator between two rivaling bandit parties, framed for robbery by a bunch of crazy clowns, trying to disassemble an active timed explosive with a pair of scissors and some wet grass, chased by a crazy vampire fanatic, flying a malfunctioning helicopter with no experience whatsoever and much more. The doctor himself thinks that the gods had decided to choose him to be their entertainment when he was born and plunged him unwillingly into billions of situations, most of them which almost killed him.

Even the fact that he's now trapped on the godforsaken island stems from this, since he had accidentally signed the papers for entering the place when he was trying to test out a new pen on a sheet of paper which happened to be on the nearest counter. His escape was unintentional and was actually caused by a loose brick which fell on one of the staff members which led to a chain reaction of dancing in pain, throwing keys into Dmitry's cell and a collision with the wall which knocked the man out. Sava, his other personality, seems to agree with Dmitry on the matter and is rather amused about the situations that he ends up in.

Powers/Abilities:
Limited Synaptic Mental Manipulation :
In layman's terms, Touch-Telepathy. Touch-Telepathy is an ability that Dmitry was experimented with. He is able to sense feelings, thoughts, desires, secrets and actions, all with only a touch. Useful when he wants to know a few things or a thousand, all he has to do is keep a constant touch on the target's skin in order to read his mind. Another use of this ability is to relay messages between individuals, which he trusts and is trusted completely by, in close proximity and even sense human minds in a certain area. His powers also seem to be able to extend by the use of certain materials that can conduct a a small amount of electricity from nerve tissues, such as water and metal.

Unfortunately, this little blessing became a curse that left him literally speechless in social interactions. He is so accustomed to the use of Touch-Telepathy that he doesn't feel any need for real conversation. However if you're lucky enough to become his friend, a word or two might come to mind.

Temporal Motor Neuron Shutdown:
Another ability that was experimented on Dmitry, he is able to easily subdue an enemy for a brief moment of ten seconds by redirecting a certain amount of energy in their nervous systems to cause a shutdown in the motor neurons required to move their body parts. The ability works like a taser and has its conditions for use. One, Dmitry must have contact with the target's skin and two, he must make sure that the target isn't wearing anything made of metal or the electricity might lose its route and get redirected instead.

Weapon:
Main Weapon: His fists and feet. You pick up a few things or two when you've walked through hell with a lunatic leading the way.
Secondary Weapon: A fire axe strapped to the side of his belt, he seems reluctant to use it.

History :
Observational report #3

Patient seems to be more friendly than he was when he first came in. He seems to be able to hold a few conversations with the staff and has revealed details on his past. According to the patient, he was a Psychiatrist who used to work in an asylum in an unmentioned part of Russia. He worked there for a total of four years, examining and making reports on each of the six patients that were there. Around the March of his fourth year working, a beloved person of his (assumed to be wife or mother because he used 'she' for reference) passed away due to a combination of being deprived of dietary needs and a high fever. From what we've been able to collect, it seems that he was wrongly accused of murder under mentally unstable conditions and sent to his own asylum as the seventh patient.

What followed after that was a string of unlikely incidents. He unintentionally escaped his own asylum with one of the patients one day before his release, became wanted by the authorities and somehow ended up on the edges of the infamous Exclusion Zone. From there, it seems that the patient would not go into any further detail and simply dismissed us by saying "Long story".

However, from our assumptions and the rest of the little details we managed to gather, it seems that he had traveled to many places including India, Thailand, China, Southern Europe and even the North of Korea. The patient also seems to have suffered many injuries of various kinds in his eight years of being an escaped convict. He has even told one of the staff that he was once almost hit by a frag grenade, but luckily survived when a friend of his saved him.

Theme(s) :
Dmitry : April Fool - XxxHolic
Sava : To Be Continued - XxxHolic
Both : Deja View - XxxHolic
Last edited by Musicmac on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Listen.

Postby Geomancer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Edited.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Musicmac » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:36 pm

I think I'm done. :3
Listen.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:59 pm

I'll have a CS up eventually. All inspiration has fled me it seems. Try not to wait if it takes to long.

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Updated Character Accepted List. What is with split personalities? I honestly don't get the appeal. Oh well, three is good enough.

*Edit: Updated, the Updated List.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:18 pm

I think it's the identity crisis that makes up the majority of the appeal, like the fear that you just can't trust yourself and you may wake up to find that you did something the night before and you don't even remember doing it. Cue conversation with yourself. Or fight in the centre of the mind.

In other words, I suppose most people just like the idea of people having EXTREME inner turmoil instead of the normal uncertainty that you might be turning into the very thing your fighting but are still yourselves. Although that bit is much better in my opinion than having someone else living inside your head. I find that idea a bit creepy, even though I must admit; I used to be all into split personalities too. But now it's more of something of an annoyance, unless done VERY well.

I prefer split personalities that aren't necessarily evil but aren't good either myself.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm

sam4books wrote: like the fear that you just can't trust yourself.Cue conversation with yourself. Or fight in the centre of the mind.

I'm like that myself... >_<

*twiddles thumbs*

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Nothing wrong with talking to yourself I do it all the time ;D

But the thing about split personalities is I prefer it doesn't happen to me or anyone I know in real life. Except it sort of already did, and that stuff is not easy to watch let me tell you. *shudders*
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:39 pm

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to witness it either.

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:00 pm

sam4books wrote:I prefer split personalities that aren't necessarily evil but aren't good either myself.
Aye. I think the 'evil twin living inside your head' can become overused. But sometimes it works well, especially if you can justify it. But I too prefer it when the 'other personality' isn't pure evil.

What appeals to me, with split personalities, is the idea that you're fighting against yourself. You are you're worst enemy, which of course causes a lot of conflicting emotions and adds more drama. It also is a great gateway to character development, if used correctly. A split personality can become a great device for a character to question themselves, and grow as a person (or, if used incorrectly, it can have to opposite effect, and create an 'always good' side and 'always bad' side, which tends to make it boring and rather tedious).

But all a split personality really is, is a manifestation of one's inner demons, which you then have to fight against. The fact that this other side of you takes on a name and a new identity of their own, just adds to the nightmare fuel. There's something terrifying about the idea of having yourself as your own worst enemy...for an outside enemy, you can fight them, you can kill them, but then what do you do when that enemy is inside of you? Or worse still, is you? I think that is what appeals the most, at least with me.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Geomancer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:01 pm

This is more of a    'Lil' Slugger'    case.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Love that guy's work. Though his shows and movies always creep me out but that's part of their charm <3
In passing

Postby Keiran » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Also for split personalities it can come from a need to protect oneself, to hide the most innocent part so it cannot be tainted.

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:43 pm

True, I know this from experience. When someone is under intense stress and/or pressure they will most likely develop a different personality, either the complete opposite or just something similar by taking on a different name (in my case the name was a nickname that my mom hated), wearing different clothing, acting differently in public, even your tone of voice gets changed.

The hard thing is to get the other personality back, because in reality split personalities don't just take over and leave you the same as you are before. It does a number on your brain and leaves you a shell of your formal self, leaving you vulnerable to that personality you've created for yourself to creep back, either in bits and pieces where at least it's not that hard to bring old-you back, or completely where you have to make all that stupid effort all over again. It's like a cycle.

But I've noticed it only happens when you make a person really stressed out.

Like your brain's answer to your body's adrenaline.
In passing

Postby Keiran » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:49 pm

It's a mind's way of preventing itself from shattering completely into insanity.

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:51 pm

I suppose, although I really hate it whenever it happens. I don't even recognize my own mother anymore.
In passing

Postby Keiran » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm

May I ask what happened?

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Dunno what happened exactly, all I know is that in the month of May my mom was buying the house we live in now after recommendation from my aunt. The people we lived with then were conning her out of her money by telling her lies about how one of them had internal bleeding. I think that's what stressed her out, buying a new house as well as losing money. By the time she started calling herself "Trish" and acting in an entirely different manner we've ran out of money. Not to mention all that nonsense about our apartment being possessed by some sort of demon. She eventually became delusional, thinking she was possessed by her grandfather, saying weird things, embarrassing me at church. Eventually she trashed the house she was buying, got sent to the hospital (leaving us with hardly any money at all except the ones in my bank account which is pretty much empty at the moment), and was diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder. and later, after being released and ending up in an entirely different hospital later on (this time she took my sister across the city thinking I was kidnapped), was declared schizophrenic. By that time we had (and still do) have CPS and some school program on our tails with my mom taking new medicine and unable to do anything (she claims she can't remember how to drive and stuff, once stated she didn't remember how to eat, pee and breath). I do pretty much everything for her now.
In passing

Postby Keiran » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm sorry Sammy, wish I could help.

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Eh, it's okay. I suppose old mom will be back, hell you can sort of tell she wants to come back, my mom always gives out these little hints. All we need right now is time and the damn CPS to quite bothering us (God, is it that hard to tell that you're only making things worse), although I really doubt the second bit will happen since CPS is gay and dumb but whatever. In the meantime we have our little system planned out since I'll most likely be in college next year and my brother's going to take over for me.
In passing

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Holy... shit. Sorry to hear Sam. <3

Postby Keiran » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:35 pm

I hope things go well and that she gets better.

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Thanks guys <3
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Sorry to hear that, Sam. That can't be easy on any of you.

Edit:
And, I think I am now done with my CS, MM.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing