Children of the Grim, OOC, Sign Ups Still Open, OMFG, A POST

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Children of the Grim, OOC

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:52 pm

IT'S ALIIIIIIVE! :D

*bopping to music while typing*
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Garethcool » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:55 pm

BOP IT! TWIST IT! SHOUT IT!

Wrong kind of bopping?
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby sam4books » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 pm

I almost forgot about that game. *sighs*
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 pm

God, I loved Bop-It.
Great way to pass the time on camping trips, when you have nothing much to do.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Garethcool » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:00 am

I'm a fountain of nostalgia! :D

I'm almost tempted to grab my book of Grimm's fairy tales, spin around 15 times, and open it to a page and /try/ to make a character about that story. Anyone wanna see me try?

Postby Keiran » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:00 am

Yes.

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:02 am

As long as it's not the one I'm doing ^o.o^
Which I'll be posting what I've got so far in a minute. Lol.

Actually, scratch that, it's not Grimm's fairy tales. Urgh. Late night.
Time Lady

Postby Garethcool » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:29 am

Story: The Bright Sun Brings it to Light

Synopsis
A tailor's apprentice robs and murders a Jew on the road, despite the Jew saying that "The bright sun will bring it to light." He then settled down. One day, he saw the sunlight reflecting from his coffee and jeered about its bringing "it" to light. His wife bothered him until he told her what he meant, and she gossiped about it, and he was arrested and executed.

This character should be fun.

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 am

Ooh. Looks interesting.
Time Lady

Postby Garethcool » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:36 am

CS -- WIP

Fairy tale: Grimm's fairy tales -

Patient Number: L1GHT5

Name: Andrew

Appearance: http://www.spring4sims.com/wp-content/u ... black1.jpg
His hair (pictured above) is pulled into a short black ponytail, much escaping as he hurries to make himself 'normal' and 'presentable' in the mornings as the shadows whisper.

Dislikes: Stuff Hated, make a huge list

Disorders:
- Brought to light: Will you bring my secret to light? The birds... THE BIRDS KNOW. Water... Does it know too? WHY DOES IT TELL THEM?
- Intense Paranoia: EVERYBODY KNOWS!
- Fear: He fears; birds, large masses of water, women who look like his late wife, tarot cards, wooden weapons. Each of these is brought back to an even in his life, except tarot cards. They're just creepy.
- Narcolepsy: When screaming at the shadows for five or seven hours a night you often have issues sleeping. When screaming at the shadows for 15 hours in a day you tend to just lose it. Andrew has spiraled into a life where 'awake' and 'asleep' are a second away from each other, but a dreamscape apart. When/if he falls asleep he automatically begins dreaming.

Powers/Abilities:
Knowledge - He constantly sees a shadow that KNOWS. Why does it KNOW? How did it learn? IT KNOWS. The shadow is everywhere, it could be everyone... When seeing 'the shadow' near someone he is brought into a rage that doesn't subside until he is convinced they don't know, or he kills them.
Know-how - Andrew is a regular MacGuyver. He can combine several items in such a way that they can form new amazing things. Example; He can take a curved stick and form it into a boomerang, or make a weapon like a battleaxe from metal scraps (if a handle is present and a bonding agent, or rope).

Weapon

Main Weapon: Cane
Secondary Weapon: Fists

History: Andrew, a tailor's apprentice was fairly happy with his life. He was the next in line to owning the tailor's business, and had a loving wife. Although, even the happiest of men has secrets he doesn't want told. One day, years ago Andrew had robbed and murdered a Jew on the road, in a desperate attempt to gain some money to repay debts. Despite the Jew saying that "The bright sun will bring it to light." he finished the dark deed. The money payed his debts, and without thought of it for years he then settled down. One day, he saw the sunlight reflecting from his coffee and jeered about its bringing "it" to light. He smashed the cup against the wall, and sat back down. His wife bothered him until he told her what he meant by the display, the shadow's first appearance was here. Once he told her he felt an immense burden lift from his shoulders, and settle on his wife. She KNEW. He took the knife from his breakfast and stabbed her, again and again. Finally, the shadow dissipated and he saw the horror.

He fled the scene, vowing to never tell his dark secret to anyone ever again. But no matter how he tries, the shadow is always there, following him. He's the only one who can see it, and it's whispers drive him mad. The shadow can be 'hiding' behind anything, birds, animals, people, even his reflection. Andrew's descent into insanity is followed by the laughing of this terrible specter.

Theme: Nightmare - A7X (Avenged Sevenfold)

CS

Fairy tale: Little Red Riding Hood

Patient Number: N0V4BL45T

Name: Orion "The hunted"

appearance: http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39 ... oto112.jpg http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii23 ... rewolf.jpg
A redheaded boy with an overly 'enthusiastic' outlook on life. Orion often wears a white shirt and baggy blue jeans with leather 'covers' on the wrists and thighs. His hair is shaggy, hanging just above his eyes and covering his ears with it's red tint. Orion's skin is surprisingly pale for someone who spends a large amount of time outside.

Dislikes: Stuff Hated, make a huge list

Disorders:
Don't touch me... - Orion is incredibly twitchy and paranoid, not allowing anyone to get close to him. He often will lash out at anyone in arms reach. He views contact as something to be avoided at any cost.
What am I? - Orion doesn't know what he is, and fears the 'other side'. When alone Orion is often incredibly silent, and will stop moving completely, staring into the distance. Is he thinking, or conversing with himself?
No. No... NO! - Orion is in a high form of denial when it comes to hurting anyone.

Powers/Abilities:
Transformation - Orion can turn parts, or all of his body into a lupine form (Much to red's dismay). Although he controls the transformation, when transformed he can't control the body itself as it acts on instinct. He can turn parts (such as just an arm) but if not carefully monitored it will spread and take over his body.
K-9- Orion's senses and reaction speed are heightened in both forms, making him good at following tracks, and finding lost things.
Man's Best Friend - Orion will often befriend someone and allow that one person to get close to him or touch him. They become his 'master' and are not to be harmed touched by anyone.

Weapon

Main Weapon: woodcutting axe
Secondary Weapon: hands/claws

History: Orion was friends with little red for years, and they often played in the woods. Orion liked the woods, he always had. Until that one night. Red had gone home only minutes before, and Orion was just getting ready to go home as well when it attacked. Orion's cries for help were drowned out by the sounds of breaking bones. The silence that followed was excruciating, broken only by the ragged gasps of the barely alive boy. He was found minutes later by a woodcutter, who brought him back to the town. Red was distraught, she was assured over and over that it wasn't her fault, but the thoughts stayed.

Orion was back to being well nearly a year later, and resumed entering the forest with Red, but he always made sure they left before dark (and together). Orion liked this form of living, and stayed with it for years, even after he and Red matured to being teenagers. One evening he and red entered the forest. After an hour of picking flowers Red told Orion to come relax with her. Orion sat next to her as she lay in the flowers and they talked. She asked Orion about what had happened after she left. Orion became silent and got up, looking at the sky "Look at the sky. It's about time we go home."

Several weeks later the duo set out to grandma's house to give her a large leather-bound book, along with some baked goods. Red seemed uneasy, constantly looking at Orion, then the trees. Orion was concerned for a moment, but shook it off making sure to catch the shortcut that would lead them the grandma's in a quarter of the time. Orion found the path and they took it. Suddenly from the trees a large grey form crashed into Orion, bringing him into a tree. The tree shook, and Orion's body slumped. The form turned to red. It was a large wolf. It raised one paw, then stopped. It fell to the ground, Orion standing on it's back his right hand a large claw covered in blood. Orion shivered and fainted. Red told her grandma and within the hour Orion's father the woodcutter found him on the ground, no corpse to be seen. The next day Orion left home, hoping to find a cure for whatever he had 'caught'.

Theme: Monster - Skillet
Last edited by Garethcool on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:44 am

Hehe...Lights.

Urgh, I'm tired. I'll finish my CS later. I've got half of it posted now, at least.
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:19 am

@ All: Merely tell me when your done with the CS's, people. And I didn't give two powers for no reason, it would be wise to take me up on that offer.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:58 am

Haha, wow, that was quick. xD

I will be working on a CS soonish. I still need to talk to you about something MM.

Also, didn't you agree to allow non-human characters in, or is it just humans, for everyone?

Postby sam4books » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:51 am

@MM: Alright, even though I'm a bit stuck on a second power, but I suppose I can figure something out.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Keiran » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:48 am

Mine is done MM.

Postby Garethcool » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:09 am

Mine is done as well.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:59 am

Out of curiosity because this is based upon Everafter. Should the title of the thread be changed to Everafter: Children of the Grim?

Postby Jasthn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:03 am

I'll have a CS up soon.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:29 am

Amaranthine Ali wrote:Out of curiosity because this is based upon Everafter. Should the title of the thread be changed to Everafter: Children of the Grim?

Loosely based, so I don't really have to.

Edit:

@Ali: look, I did allow both. I'll update it in the update section.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:35 am

Oh Good. Because, I didn't see the ability to allow non human characters there before. That's alright. :B

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:43 am

Garethcool wrote:Mine is done as well.

No, no they aren't. When both are down, then you are done so I can start reviewing. FYI, check this out. If you truly don't want a second power, that's fine and dandy, just say so.
More Robots

Postby Iris » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:50 am

For the most part my CS is complete, I've decided to change the hair length (adding a reason to boot) but I'm not sure if my ability counts as one or two. I'm not going to give him a weapon since logically as the beast he's less dexterous.

Quick edit: Would you like me to add more likes/dislikes to the lists MM?

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Kerian: Explain the shadow creatures, a lot more. Like are they able to touch things, can they be destroyed, are they impervious, sizes and shapes, their own abilities? Like are they strong, shoot things, spit? Details are yours and my friend

@Iris: It counts as one to be honest, because your transforming into this new form and this form has the all the powers.
More Robots

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Fairy tale: Swan Lake

Patient Number: 607D3N 5W4N/B74CK 7135

Name: Odette/Odile

Appearance: Patient 607D3N 5W4N is sunlight itself; slender as a sunbeam through a slatted window and her long hair is like silken gold with a slender braid down the right of her face. 607D3N 5W4N's sky blue eyes and dusty rose lips are lovely in her tanned face. She will only wear white dresses. she is prone to placing a white feather in the tie of her braid.
Patient B74CK 7135 is a failed mirror opposite of her sister? Someone unrelated? 607D3N 5W4N, night to day. Dark purple eyes and blood red stand out in her pale moon face. B74CK 7135's jaw length hair has a slender braid down the left side. To mimic her Twin? Childhood friend gone wrong? 607D3N 5W4N places a black feather in her braid tie. B74CK 7135 wears black dresses

The colour white
White foods (steamed chicken, milk, parsnips, potatoes, brie)
Snow
Sunlight
Dancing
Daytime
Bright lights
Pictures
Bright cheery songs (Ex)
Stuffed animals
White Swans
Sigfried – Note: said person does not exist acc. to the man who brought them here

B74CK 7135
The colour black
607D3N 5W4N – Note: Seems almost romantic... if DNA tests prove positive must steer her away from the incestuous relationship, if negative, leave'r alone it's funny
Black swans
Caramelized onions, French-Onion Soup
Moonlight
Dancing
Dangerous animals
Night time
Thick old tomes
Dark songs (Ex)
Von Rothbart – Man who brought them here. Possible father

Dislikes:
607D3N 5W4N:
Women
Odile
Rothbart
Anything black
Her straight jacket
Dark
Dark themed music

B74CK 7135:
Siegfried
People who try to keep her away from 607D3N 5W4N
Her room
Herself to a certain extent
Disappointing 607D3N 5W4N

Disorders:
607D3N 5W4N:
Delusional disorder: She sometimes believes she is a swan (Harmless). She believes that there is a man named Siegfried who loves her.
Anxious (Avoidant) Personality Disorder: Does not like people esp. women, will try to claw their eyes out for going near Siegfried. MALE ATTENDANTS ONLY
Sadistic personality disorder: Towards B74CK 7135. 607D3N 5W4N will torture B74CK 7135 to death if allowed. Will tell B74CK 7135 what to do if unable to torture. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE SAME ROOM. If they must be in the same room 607D3N 5W4N must be in a straight jacket with a lock.

B74CK 7135:
Dependent Personality Disorder: Towards 607D3N 5W4N, must see her at all times or will go catatonic. Problem solved by Mirrored glass.
Dissociative identity disorder: Sometimes thinks she is 607D3N 5W4N. Her age changes constantly and she sometimes believes she is a black swan
Dependant towards men – sees them as Daddies and tries to manipulate them and/or perform sexual acts towards them. FEMALE ATTENDANTS ONLY.
Self-defeating personality disorder: towards 607D3N 5W4N. Will allow 607D3N 5W4N to torture her to death, if that option is unavailable she will follow 607D3N 5W4N’s every whim.

Powers/Abilities:
CLASSIFIED
607D3N 5W4N:
Minor Shape-shifting: Can turn into a swan. That’s it. Fairly useless
Mind conjuring: Can create illusions with her mind. Most often creates Siegfried

B74CK 7135:
Major Shape-shifting: Can change her age, become anything she wants, most often 607D3N 5W4N or a black swan
Telepathic Suggestion: Can sometimes control people to do her bidding but putting a niggling thought in their head. Does not always work. Only works on males

NOTE: B74CK 7135 is the stronger one but due to their personalities 607D3N 5W4N is the one in control.

Weapon

Main Weapon:
Odette - A baseball bat that she had Odile steal from the storage room

B74CK 7135 - A small pocket knife lifted from the storage room back when they didn’t know she could control men

Secondary Weapon:
Unknown at the moment

History:
Odette was a beautiful princess, cursed to be a swan by the evil Rothbart with a malicious spell that can only be broken if a virgin prince swears eternal infidelity to her. Said prince comes along and falls in love with Odette but is tricked by Rothbart into confessing his love to his own daughter Odile. Prince finds Odette and she forgives him. Rothbart appears and kills our lovely prince, shattering poor Odette’s mind.
Odile was the proverbial ugly duckling. Convinced by her Daddy that one man would ever love her, she developed issues with males and turned to women. Maybe they would see the good soul inside? When she saw Odette she was smitten, and when she saw Seigfried she grew angry. If she broke him he would leave ребенка лебедь (baby swan) alone and she would love Odile. So she agreed to Daddy’s plan, but it didn’t work. Why didn’t ребенка лебедь love her?
All the magic put on both girls started affecting them. The curse for Odette and various magical experiments over the years for Odile. They started being too difficult to manage and a unique controlling relationship formed between the two young women. One that was distinctively not in Rothbart’s favour, as Odette detested Rothbart and Odile would do anything to please her unappeasable love of her life. Rothbart, in a fit of self-preservation, brought the girls to Everafter Island. Where they have been for 5 years.

Theme:
Both: They’re coming to take me away - Napoleon XIV
Odette: When you’re good to mama – Chicago
Odile: Sattelite - Lena
Last edited by Tragedy_and_Comedy on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Swan Lake <3 One of my favourite Ballets. I love you Trag.
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing