Curse of the Lost-ones: Dark tide. (OOC) -signups closed-

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Curse of the Lost-ones: Dark tide. (OOC) -signups open-

Postby Keiran » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:01 pm

... You use that guy way too often dude.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:10 pm

errr...what, the appearence?

If so, then yes.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Yes, that picture.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Well....look at it.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:16 pm

But you can be creative.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:19 pm

...That sounds suspiciously like more work.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:20 pm

But work is good for you!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:37 pm

...So is exercise and revision, but I sure as hell aren't doing them until I need to.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:03 pm

You don't excerise?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:18 pm

I do a lot of walking to a lot of places and play badminton, that's about it.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:38 pm

About the same as me, walking is still excerise.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Oh aye, that's true. Lot less hassle too.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Zath » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

We have too many people from the south, imo

Postby Zelosse » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:28 am

Yea, lets get some diversity in here.

Postby Keiran » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:44 am

Mine is from the West.

Postby Iris » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:05 am

Theme

Name: Galinn Vreyjorn

Type: Human

Affiliation: North, Clan Fjord

Animal Spirit: The Rabid Wolf

Appearance: Galinn is the example people think of when the word barbarian is brought up, with an imposing height that falls just short of 7”, muscular and parts of his body are covered in tribal runes. It’s said that his red hair is a reflection of the battle-lust that Galinn constantly feels, the red is so deep that one might say it’s dyed by the blood of those he has vanquished.

He wears his long hair and braided beard proudly as in his culture it’s a sign of good health and strength of spirit. Galinn’s clothing reflects how the Northerners handle their harsh environment, by simply ignoring it or from their point of view besting it. Wearing a simple self made leather vest, tunic, boots and cuffs Galinn carries little in the way of armour save for an adorned belt buckle, a plain iron full helm and a large wolf-like skull acting as a shoulder pad for his left arm.

The most striking features however are his blue eyes which outsiders say that hold the North’s very winter, so cold are his looks that some can feel the chill run down their backs. To make things worse are the identical runic markings that run down over both eyes, when Galinn finally succumbs to his inner rage they glow a cold white. The runic word is; Lothkaerl (Loth-ka-erl) or in the common tongue, death to all.

Rough image, from league of legends.

Personality: Proud and at times boarderline arrogant, Galinn takes some time to get use to from his boasting of grand hunts to casual conversations of how to raid villages, Galinn’s personality is a strong example of the forgotten Northerners. But deep inside of him lies the spirit of a rabid wolf and these traits are shown only in the heat of battle. He is cunning and resourceful using the world around him to his advantage, he is relentless to those who try to best him. But even in his deepest rage, no matter how strong the bloodlust is Galinn has never attacked a member of the clan or ‘pack’, for the wolf’s sense of loyalty is also ingrained into his mind. Though he will never admit, he will walk through hell itself if it means saving a member of his pack.

Galinn also adheres to the North’s warrior code, fight only to be stronger, teach the weak, hunt only to sustain yourself or the clan and that in death you are humbled and an equal to all.

Weaponry: Twin axes separately engraved on the axes are the runic words; Talnasheer (Tal-Nash-Eer) and Talgwelisheer (Tal-Gwelish-Eer) meaning “The Blood Claw” and “The Dread Claw”. Unlike others who wield magic, Galinn is unable to use his magic without using the runic words as focal points.

History: Galinn has always lived the ‘proper’ Northern life, enduring nature’s harshest winters at an early ages defending the clan from invaders and partaking in the great hunts. He contributed his fair share of food for his clan mates and when he came of age, he was deemed worthy to go through the rite of manhood and find his animal spirit.
This rite of age demands that the participants find and kill a worthy beast, to wrestle for its life and claim its spirit as your own. Great warriors of old have claimed great hawks, bears, wolves and creatures that do not have names in other kingdoms. Those who are not strong enough willingly offer their life to the creature that bested them, satisfied that they fought a grand battle many welcome death. And as they pass on their spirit is welcomed into the hallowed halls of the dead, to feast on never ending banquets and battle those who have long ago passed while their body is offered to the beast as a reward, fulfilling the cycle of the North.

Galinn’s rite of manhood was set in a snowstorm, the wind and snow hindered his search for many hours until the wolf found him. Although blinded by the snow he was able to battle the wolf relentless attacks, though the wolf seemed uninterested in chasing him and wearing him down. The wolf was able to draw blood first, bitting down on Galinn’s left shoulder and madly clawing at his body, they wrestled for what seemed to be an eternity until he was able to break its neck. Wounded and weakened Galinn decided to forgo taking the entire body only claiming its head as proof.
It was only when he returned to the clan that they discovered that the wolf was rabid and due to the fight Galinn himself was infected and thus was dying. Though disheartened by the turn of events Galinn accepted the fate the gods had given him, it was then the spell-fire claimed him. For many nights he slept until the sounds of battle filled his dreams forcing him to awaken and upon his awakening he found his clan once more under attack. It was in this fight that the berserker was born, in his weakened state he succumbed to his rage and unleashed such fury that the clan’s shaman declared that Galinn’s recovery was sign of great things to come. That this was an omen of fortune for the clan. Taking Galinn under his wing, he would teach the young berserker how to focus his rage and his new found magic.

It would be years later that omens told the shaman that Galinn would endure an unparalleled journey, that a great battle would await him if he choose to partake. And without fear, Galinn accepted feeling he owed the gods for sparing his life and for allowing him another chance to prove his worth to them.

Acquired abilities: Galinn is in a sense a shaman, channelling his inner beast through the runes on his weapons and body he is able to take certain aspects from his animal spirit.
Runes: Lothkaerl; These runes allow Galinn to focus his rage on the enemy, in this state Galinn can try and ignore most non-lethal strikes and the pain that surely would follow. It’s glow is a cold white.

Talnasheer; This axe channel’s Galinn’s need to shed blood, preventing him from dropping his axes to fight with his hands and teeth. It’s glow is blood red. Only one axe can be active at a time.

Talgwelisheer; This axe channel’s the wolf predatory sense, frightening the weak and attempting to give Galinn a chance to strike. It’s glow is a hazy black. Only one axe can be active at a time.

Talfenrirvaul; This rune is placed on Galinn’s chest giving him the wolf’s stamina to relentlessly pursue his prey. It’s glow is a dull grey. (Tal-Fenrir-vaul) The meaning of this rune is ‘The Wolf Path’. Cannot be triggered in a frenzied state.

Axe mastery; Simple enough, Galinn is a master with an axe. Other weapons not so much but when in the berserker state, who can be picky about how to kill your foe.
Last edited by Iris on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Keiran » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:08 am

Your link doesn't work.

Postby Iris » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:09 am

Fixed it, found out that the link accidently turned into an emotion.... such a pain.

Postby Keiran » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:15 am

That's cool.

Postby Zath » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:08 am

There's a North? I wasn't aware.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:22 am

I just assumed the North would be were all the baddies came from or something.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Iris » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 am

More or less self made, since Zel said there are several other factions in the shadow of the three I figured may as well represent the cold North. But this is still up to Zel to decide if it's acceptable or not.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:17 pm

The north does indeed hold a spectacular amount of the darkness, but from their a light can always shine.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:49 am

I shall now look over the CS' and make my needed changed etc etc.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:09 am

@ Zath/Ginny: Accepted upon completion.

@ Quin: No more skeletons.

@ Iris: Accepted, I love the Brolaf reference.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing