Curse of the Lost-ones: Dark tide. (OOC) -signups closed-

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Curse of the Lost-ones: Dark tide. (OOC) -signups open-

Postby Zelosse » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Yea. Gonna wait till a few more CS' come in before I get judgemental on them.

Postby Keiran » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:57 pm

Ah, good idea.

Postby Akaine » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Hmm, thinking about joining. :3 Depends on how busy I am >..<
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:14 pm

I would like to note I am creating a character
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Karo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Name: Aestella Whisperwynd

Type: Human

Affiliation: Eastern jungle
Elemental affiliation: Wind/Air

Appearance: Aestella is a girl who is rather small for her age, standing at four and half feet tall with a fairly thin build. She has shoulder-length dark red hair that she keeps tied up in high pigtails, anything that isn't long enough to reach is braided in twin tails at the back of her neck. She has amethyst-colored eyes and her ears are pointed enough to be visible beyond the bangs framing either side of her face. She wears a simple green dress with detatched sleeves, held up by gold cuffs and armlets, decorated by small pieces of aquamarine. She wears a brown cloth sash around her waist, and underneath it a small braided leather belt for the small dagger she carries. She also wears thin brown sandals, tied all the way up her calves by brown cloth identical to her sash. Oddly enough, she has a pair of translucent white petal-like wings on her back, when not in use they fold down her back and look like a shimmering white cape.

Personality: Aestella is a sweet, gentle girl who looks for the good in everyone and everything she comes into contact with. Due to this, she has gotten herself in trouble and found herself in danger more times than she can count. She doesn't like fighting, violence of any sort scares her. Because of this, she will only fight if she absolutely has to, which is a rare occurrence. She loves the gentle peacefulness of the woods around her home, though she is curious to see what the rest of the world is like, with the naive belief that much of it is like her home.

Weaponry: She uses a small dagger when she absolutely has to defend herself, it's made of dark, weathered steel and has a simple leather handle and matching sheath.

History: Aetella grew up in one of the many small villages in the eastern jungles, a place where peacefulness and a respect and gratitude towards nature were the main ways of life. She was born the only child of a young couple in the village, and was the youngest of the village children born that year. She played equally with the boys and girls, but sent the village into a panic many times by wandering into the woods outside of the village, which was known to have a lot of bears nearby. Aestella was fascinated by the forest around her home, drawn to the trees and the flowers and the sound of the wind through the trees. She first encountered a bear at seven years old, and escaped it by quickly climbing up the first tree she found with branches she could reach. She remained high above the forest floor until sunset, when her usual seach party found her and scared away the bear that had been circling the trunk of the tree, waiting for her to come down. She had many more experiences such as that one, including on the day the spell fire washed over the world. She was trapped against a cliff wall by an angry mother bear when the spell fire washed over her, desperate to escape with no way in sight to get away. Then a set of wings burst from her back and lifted her away, the air currents drawing her far away from her woodland home. Once the wind died and she landed back on the ground, confused as to what had just happened. She looked for days for a way home, but could not find one, nor could she figure out how it was that she flew. Since then she practiced flying, and found she was able to manipulate the air around her as well. Then a strangely dressed man found her, and told her that she could join him or die. Afraid of death, she chose the former.

Acquired Abilities: Flight, she can fly for a few miles without becoming tired. The closer she is to the ground, the farther she can go. She can also move the wind at her will, changing it's direction, velocity, even stir winds from calm air. In addition to that, she can manipulate the amount of oxygen in the air, adding more can cause an opponent to become light-headed and dizzy, or removing some to make her opponent to become short of breath until they eventually pass out.
Last edited by Karo on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:46 am

DONE - I think

Name: Tennan Lamelin

Type: Human/Poisonous water snake mix.

Affiliation: South

Appearance: Tennan Lamelin is a slender, tall woman at 5`7. Her skin is a light tan from being out in the sun all day, and is mottles with green scales. Her ears are distinctively reptilian. Her hair is sun bleached to platinum blonde and in dreadlocks to the botton of her shoulder blades. Her blue green eyes match most of her clothing as green is the best colour when you want to hide in the jungle. She wears a brown scarf to avoid breathing in pollens and a thick blue-green hooded cloak. She wears a loose green shirt and mid calf length skirt. She has a tight black leather body suit underneath to protect herself from thorns.

Personality: Tennan is a rude woman, insults come quickly to her. A wanderer by nature who likes to go to new places. She has next to no focus and is always changing her mind or forgetting what she is doing, always changing her direction. She is secretive especially about her past but has a soft spot for children. She is good at finding food and shelter, often having to make do with sub-par. She is often not willing to share; items or information, and will do so only when needed or a small child is around.

Weaponry: Tennan use swords, bows and clubs effectively if she needs to but she prefers to use a staff or poisons

History: Tennan was born in a small village, rude, violent and aggressive but her parents loved her and she had a soft spot for those younger than her. She was slow at learning academics and is practically illiterate. She liked to wander and often fell into the water, where a fish tried to eat her.
She was kicked out of the village when she was ten. She killed a sixteen year-old for raping a four year-old. Not given a chance to explain she was cast from them and her name slandered to the near-by villages making her have to go further and further to get away from the lies.
Tennan found if she changed her name, people wouldn’t recognize her as long as she kept her hood up. Though once a man did recognize her and had his horse kick her in the chest. Since then she has had a fear of horses.
When the Spell-fire hit Tennan was dying; she had been bitten by a poisonous water snake. The spell-fire melded the snake to her saving her life. Her appearance has changed causing more reason to keep her hood up and keep on moving.

Acquired abilities:
More flexible – bones are like plastic containers, they have a bit of “Give” but too much pressure will break it
Poisonous bite – poison gradually growing stronger, at the moment can only stun
Can unhinge jaw
Gills – Can breathe under water – is reluctant to b/c she can’t swim.
Last edited by Tragedy_and_Comedy on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Keiran » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Trag, I think you need more than that.

Postby Zelosse » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Notice the WIP

Postby Keiran » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Ah, I was trying to subtly remind her.

Postby Zelosse » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Don't rush things, it's unhealthy.

Postby Keiran » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:19 pm

But I'm always rushing. Just usually, I'm rushing myself.

Postby Zelosse » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Gotta learn to slow thing's down sometimes. To simply move at a pace more suited to a tourist enjoying the little things. Make the moment last for as long as you need, the swaying of the leaves or the gentle beating of your own heart. -drifts off-

Where was i... oh right, rushing thing's isn't fun for anybody.

Postby Keiran » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Alright, I'll try.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Added Personality and Weapons for you my pushy twin

Postby Keiran » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:48 am

I only do it because I love you.

Postby Zelosse » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:12 am

-blows off the dust-

Grading CS' tommorow.

Postby Keiran » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:14 am

Yay! It lives!

Postby Zelosse » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:13 am

Keiran: Accepted. Though I would like his age to be upped, nobody in the right mind sends an 8yr old out to do what I expect of you.

Karo: Accepted. Please change your abilities to simply state: Wind Mastery.

Trag: Accepted upon completion.

Need a CS from quinny and Zath still. tsk tsk.

Postby Keiran » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:46 am

Alright Fenny.

Postby GnSz » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:49 pm

Name: Zeen Freed

Type: Fire Adept (Human)

Affiliation: East

Elemental affiliation: Fire

Appearance: 5'11" and physically fit, he has a lean but definitely toned build, with years of physical toll having left chiseled muscles behind. His skin is naturally a cream brown complexion, with some signs of skin tissue scarring due to past skirmishes. His fiery orange/red hair flares out from his head like embers of the flame with a matching orange left eye, the other eye changed due to the outcome involving the spell-fire's touch. He has stubble here and there, but not enough for any visible beard, goatee, or even sideburns.

The unusual feature he has is a scar from the spell-fire itself, its lick leaving a mark on his face. The pigment of his skin is pale from his right cheekbone to the arch of his nose, the fiery tendril's presence like that of a tattoo. It had covered his right eye, reducing the whole of it to black. He can see through it, but the physical features usually make one to believe that it is useless. But when he enacts his acquired ability, a spark can be seen in the fathomless depth.

Zeen wears nothing on his upper body. Thankfully he wears pants; a pair of black jeans. Baggy, faded, and slightly ripped, they're stitched up at the knees with pockets sewn in, held fast by a belt around his hips. He wears sandals on his feet, liking to wiggle his toes whenever he pleases, the leather straps weathered down by time.

Along with the basics he always carries around a pack of smokes and his trusty flask of rum.

Personality: Zeen appears to be playful, cheery and bright, a happy-go-lucky character. He talks oddly, is theatrical, and charismatic. Yet there is an underside to the him, a twist to his assumed nature. For beneath that brightly lit exterior is a secretive soul, shifty and cunning with his words and thoughts. Devilish could describe what he truly is, or perhaps, someone who likes to see things ignite.

He likes to gamble, to take chances and is a total thrill seeker. He lives for the danger of action, and likes to see things go bang. Surprisingly enough though, he has a peculiar sweet tooth. He loves chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, and chocolate milk. Basically things that have chocolate in them, are covered in chocolate, but never chocolate by itself.

He hates whiny brats, dumb blonde and obnoxious drunks.

Weaponry: Zeen wields an extend-able fighting baton that he keeps tucked away. He mostly uses it for defensive purposes, or to annoy the hell out of people. On the side he wields pouches and containers of gunpowder. Each mix varies in use, and are waterproofed since the containers are properly sealed.

History: Prior to the spell-fire's effect Zeen was a demolitionist of sorts. Due to the harsh conditions of the Eastern Jungles, richness in the soil as well as the mines were in demand. The prospects of finding rich minerals and stones drew many in to mine, and Zeen was one of many. However, he was a clever person, who used explosive means of acquiring his riches. Experimenting with homemade gunpowder and controlled environments, he was able to supply his clients with a steady flow of raw materials perfect for both show and medicinal purposes, many of which have been exchanged with one specific friend in the South. Trading was good, revenue was skyrocketing, and life, was very good~

Then the spell-fire hit while he was on the job and immediately the spell-fire touched all within it. All his fellow workers were mutated, transforming them into malevolent beasts. He himself was recovering from the physical infliction of the spell-fire's touch, feeling a throbbing pain that began to heat inside him, growing and then dwindling, but still keeping him warm. As it subsided and as he pulled himself up, the man found himself in the presence of changed friends. The whole scene he made gathered them forth, all of them ready with elongated claws and glassy eyes. From within the darkness Zeen gasped in fright, backing away from the approaching creatures. Reason was thrown out the window, and he drew out his baton and tried to fight them off as he ran to escape. Knowing the route back he soon came upon the entrance, only to find it caved in. Desperately he pulled out pouches of explosives, and as he brought out his flint, them came upon him.

Lost in the darkness he had no spark, and Zeen tried to fight back against brute force, but they pinned him. Neck extended, they aimed to strike for the kill. As he heart seemed to stop, as fear took hold, a trigger was unlocked. Zeen felt something click, and a spark clapped within the black of his touched eye.

The next thing he knew the entrance was cleared, the changed were dead, and he alone was alive. Zeen pulled himself out, panting hard as he felt the adrenaline pass, dragging himself to a nearby pond and dousing his whole head within it. As he rested he noticed his reflection in the now still surface of the water, examining the strangeness of his face, his eye. And from the reflection he could see a strange form, hazed, barely noticeable that stood behind him. With a voice so chilled and cold even Zeen shivered in his warmed form, and answered with a blank mind.

Acquired abilities:
1) Pyrokinesis - The ability to manipulate fire through psychic connection. He is able to form, sense, manipulate, and extinguish all forms of fire by will alone. Also due to his ability he cannot be hurt by fire itself, as it senses the wielder's own mind. This ability is based on his confidence in its use, as well as the strength of his will.

2) Burst Trigger - His changed eye has the magical ability to act as a starting spark. The effect of this power ranges from a flint's spark to one capable of hurting others. But this works in conjunction to the gunpowders he wields.

3) Flash Snap - Not really an acquired ability, but it works with one of them. Zeen uses a small amount of special gun powder and uses his Burst Trigger to ignite it, causing a bright flash.
Last edited by GnSz on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Keiran » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:03 am

YAY! Another person!

Postby Zath » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:13 am

WIP.

Name: Elias Ashwood

Type: Human

Affiliation:
South
Elemental affiliation: None.

Appearance:
Elias stands at approximately 5'7" and has short salt and pepper hair and goatee, and the iris' of his eyes glow a bright acidic green. He has large, dark circles under his eyes from many late nights researching, it's rare when he gets more than an hour or two of sleep. His lack of intense physical exercise has left him with a somewhat scrawny frame, but he's still quick on his feet and fast with his hands. He wears a dark brown leather trenchcoat, the inside of which is lined with pockets that are specifically designed to hold a large array of vials, underneath that he wears a white t-shirt with multiple scorch marks from accidents during his experiments. His skin is somewhat pale due to spending so much time in his laboratory researching. He also wears biege slacks and black hiking boots that he wears to keep his feet dry while he's in the swamp gathering ingredients that are specific to the area around his lab.

Personality:
Elias is somewhat of a reclusive fellow, but he has no problem with social interaction. He generally appears tired most of the time, except when it comes to Alchemy. While he's performing Alchemy it's like he's a completely different person, he brightens up and becomes almost manic whilst concocting. Depending on the situation he can be either quite irritable or very hard to disturb, the situation is generally whether he's in combat or not and if he's currently doing Alchemy. Though he is quite annoyed by ignorant people or people who are too stubborn to accept things even when it's better in a larger perspective.

Weaponry:
Elias doesn't use conventional weaponry. He uses all of the vials that contain various concoctions that are stored in his trenchcoat. Some of them are use as is vials and others are ingredients that he uses to make other, more potent potions.

History:

Aquired abilities: Alchemist's Lens - Elias is able to analyze fluids and tell what the exact components are and from there find out what the fluid is and what it does. This also works while he's creating his own concoctions, he's able to tell how combined the ingredients are to ensure it's properly made.
Last edited by Zath on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Zelosse » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 am

both accepted upon completion.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:51 am

Done mine

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:59 am

Name: Skulcrack Thanatos.

Type: Undead skeleton.

Affiliation: South

Appearance: My favourite skeleton ever. He’s a round 6 foot, with his hat on, very thin and bony (my little joke) and quite light at 30 kilos. His clothes are typically more tattered and stained, apart from his hat, tie and scarf which are easily fixable for him. His inside jacket is dull of pockets and there are commonly numerous little pouches attached around his belt. Underneath all his clothes, his bones are coated in a thick clear gel which has been wrapped under a thin, but strong, uncoloured plastic which are overall designed to dull any sharp force against his brittle bones and stop any serious damage against him, the wrapping is also very good at resisting acids as well, just in case. He also wears a thin and light form of black body armour as the first method of protection which is designed to weaken all blunt forces against him.

Personality: Mildly crazy but more comedic then dangerous, mostly. He keeps himself upbeat and cheerful, normally by letting out wisecracks or jokes, but can be very cynical if he thinks it’s funny. He doesn’t trust very easily but makes relationships quickly, just not very deep ones, always keeping people at a distance.

Weaponry: He has a set of pistols which can be equipped with an extended barrel and scope to be used as a short-range sniper. There are also a pair of knives which he uses against quick enemies and two sets of knuckle-dusters, one blunt, one spiked, for use against heavier foes.

History: He used to be a young police officer who specialised in finding and bringing culprits in. His skills in close combat and his pure toughness got him a 100% capture rate, no-one escaped him but what made his so good was he also took each one of them in alive. He was basically their best bounty hunter which he was perfectly happy with, the pay was good and he got to make the world a better place as well it seemed. Then after a while he noticed that the "culprits" he was taking in didn't always seem to fit the crimes and how others seemed to dissapear from the system He got suspicious of his superiors and he then made the stupid mistake of questioning them and voicing his suspicions, their response was quick and brutal.

He was given a short, brief, state funeral as his family was dead and he'd never been too good at making friends. For a few years he lay in his grave as his flesh and organs slowly rotted away but then something happened, he was suddenly awake. The fact that he awoke in a coffin didn't really help matters either, suffice to say, he was scared, badly. It took him a week to finally escape from his grave which made him very happy indeed, the first thing he did was to ask a nearby family what date it was...There was a lot of screaming. That led to him realising he was a skeleton and to him joining in the wild screaming as well, it's not every week you wake up, crawl out of your grave and discover you're one of the walking undead. He spent the next few years hiding in the swamps of Argannor as he didn't need to breath anymore and was immune to most of the normal dangers there. He hired himself out as a bodyguard and assistant for some of the more profitable inhabitants, until he was called.

Aquired abilities: Heightened regeneration (only to his bones obviously), the ability to literally pull himself back together, immunity to lack of air, poisons, starvation, etc and increased strength, speed and agility.
Oh yeah, and just in case of any clever moves, no, necromancers can’t do anything to him. At least nothing they couldn’t do to a normal person without a body…you know what I mean.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing