Super-High-Roics 2 OOC (Sign-ups open!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Super-High-Roics 2 OOC (Sign-ups open!)

Postby SaI » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:11 am

Completed, but needs a look through.

Super-High-Roics 2 Application wrote:Character Sheet:
Name: Felix Randal

Alias: N/A

Ability Origin: Mutation, possibly Alien though

Appearance: At 5'9" and of apparently lanky build, he looks like a goofball with his mischievous smile and crooked left eyebrow. His golden blonde hair stands out from his sunny tanned skin from hours of activity under the powerful sun, and the playfulness of his nature shine through his set of oddly yellow eyes. He has the physique of a runner, and the grace of a natural acrobat who after years of haphazard experiment has glory scars to show of it. Mostly cuts and wounds on almost all expanses of free skin, he refused treatment to rid of the scar tissue due to pride, liking to recall blunders and fun memories while pointing out seemingly out-of-place scars.

His normal clothes for any outing would be a white tank top, a pair of black loose shorts held up by a tawny brown belt, with gladiator sandals adorning his feet. He likes to be light so he can move up and about, and loves to feel every particle of his body hit by the sun. If he could, he'd streak, but he knows better than that. That and he has a particularly interesting set of birthmarks that run like runes all across his back.

A network of white lines are intricately woven from the shoulders to the small of his back, where all lines seem to end within a singular point at the back of his neck. From the shoulders and down his arms are the same white lines that trail down to each finger and end upon touching each fingernail. He's always wondered about these odd markings, but he just assumes that it's just some weird genetic trait from his mysterious and nonexistent parents. What he doesn't know is that when he enacts his abilities, the markings begin to glow with the ferocity of his power, and his eyes also glow with that same bright light.

Costume: It consists of a black skin-tight spandex-like top that goes up to his neck and wrists, woven with a breathable fabric that is capable of buffering most attacks (with minimal damage), though blunt/brute force can easily hurt him. His hands are covered by a pair of dark brown gloves, both of which are padded and with guards that can deflect on the backsides. He wears a set of dark brown cargo pants that allow for him to easily move about with flips, kicks, and acrobatic leaps and twists, with the cuffs tucked into a set of light-weight combat boots. There is no insignia or symbol of his power, merely because he never ever thought about making one in the first place.

One other thing that he has is a pair of goggles, whose lenses are meant to withstand high levels of light and heat that allow him to see. Usually they're hanging around his neck, but once he puts them on, he's serious about business.

Super Ability: Photo-energy absorber, converter, and wielder. To be more specific, his abilities are linked to the power of energy in essence; though the one specific source he draws his from is the sun, an entity that most presume to be a ball of gaseous mass that has no subconscious whatsoever. However his ability specifically is to convert and physically manifest the sun's energy in concentrated blasts that chemically react to whatever it comes in contact with. In other words, he's a battery, or at least, that's what he thinks he is. Oddly enough, his body doesn't just act simply as a bypass; it also naturally stores it away for further use in the future. Due to this he actually eats barely, but enjoys snacking on junk food whenever he can. He loves salty savory snacks, especially cheese puffs.

His abilities also relate to reaction. For instance, the concentrated ray of light from the help of a magnifying glass can cause a combustion reaction: Felix's own ability is capable of causing explosive heat blasts if he willed it so, but he prefers to use non-lethal attacks that either disable or disorient the enemy. Sparkling lights and outburst flares are his favorite set of attacks, as they usually confuse and allow him to incapacitate them via close ranged combat. As for physical ability, he's an acrobat due to his life on and off the streets. Being the outdoorsy type he always finds ways to explore the outdoors and what is outside, and his body is just naturally inclined to move and "burn" off the excess energy he has.

There are times where he is capable of absorbing energy from other means. However, he can only absorb the ambiance. He cannot go and poke a fork in an electrical outlet and get juiced up: his body will be electrocuted and it will then expire from poisonous fumes that are expelled as his organs cook. Only if there are other external and very concentrated masses of energy can he use those. However... Felix has tried to absorb from such sources before, to bad effect. If you want to know: it's like being on drugs, and then watching something that causes nightmares for weeks. He AVOIDS absorbing other types of energy, but if he must, he will. The offside is that due to it not being natural, he will more than likely act eccentric for a good time being.

His physical abilities are linked to his core ability. Due to the natural ability of soaking in the sun's energy, he is a freerunner. He needs to burn off what is too much for him to handle. So he's got quite a bit of stamina and speed, which makes him a very good runner indeed.

Ability Weakness:

1) Though he is a battery (aka his own power source), he has his own limits as to how much he can absorb. He needs to burn off the excess energy; otherwise his own control over it grows more and more erratic. When it brims he has "spurts." These spurts can either vary from just a quick flash of light expelling from his body, or blinding heat that encases it and endangers anyone nearby him. When his body's already natural warm increases in any manner, he could even burn others with just standing beside them. The best way to release it is either through long enduring lengths of physical activity, or just blast after blast: hence his very active lifestyle.

2) As a living breathing power source, he also has only so much that he can use if without the sun there to draw energy from. Though his own stored excess is a lot, eventually, if he runs out... he is notably weak to the point of being physically unhealthy. When nearly emptied he has the reduced enthusiasm and speed of a sluggish... slug, curling up after being salted by some sadistic brat. Thus at nighttime he does not have that unlimited power source to thrive off of, and has a limit as to what he can do and could do. During these times he could draw his energy source from other means (lights and other items that use electricity), but he's not used to these artificial sources. He becomes disoriented. Drunk.

3) Felix fears the total dark. Without the warming embrace of the sun he slowly feels his own heat die out as he uses it, if he uses and must use it. He believes that the darkness itself preys on the energy, and he himself is affected if ever in an enclosed place for much too long. This belief is capable of affecting his psyche, and shows in his behavior if ever made to enter the darkness without a light source anywhere within it. The "feeling" he gets is one of claustrophobia, and can reduce him into a wide-eyed child curled in the corner. It reduces his ability to even wield a ball of warming light into that of a feeble marble that'll fizzle out as the darkness overbears his mind.

History:

Felix Randal doesn't know who his parents are, or even remembers them if ever they were a part of his life. The only memories that he has are those of his childhood with fellow orphans, living in the orphanage and a life that was full of both fortune and misfortune. He lost a few and gained many friends, all of who affected his life one way or another. Because of the hardships he did have to face, as well as the lack of family identity, he takes on the name of the orphanage as his surname: Randal. Yet there was always something that bothered him.

There has and always was a strange longing towards the sky, in the direction of the star that is the Sun. He doesn't know why, but that is what kindled his love for it. Drawn towards it he wonders if perhaps it's in connection to who he is.

Or, he just liked to get really tanned.

The particular thing that bothered him was that no matter how long he was out, no matter where he was, he would never get burned. There were times where he had no hunger when he'd lay in the harsh rays of the sun, where he had no thirst. As if he got everything he needed from the ball of gas. Also, he could just stare at it for hours at a time. Hence why everyone refused to try a staring contest if it involved staring at the infernal ball of fire. He could stare at the sun for hours, but it would just make for weird talk; and also, for weird thoughts, as well as questions.

Was he human?

Usually that question would dissipate, because life had its odd way of making him forget.
Last edited by SaI on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Curiosity is what killed the cat. Unfortunately: it's got more than one life to spare."

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Keiran » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:13 am

Are there any maudane humans?

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:13 am

I've had age since I first made it, also edited a slight bit on history.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Musicmac » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:42 am

I'd like to reserve a spot.
Thought, I might not be able to play until the end of this week. =/
Listen.

Postby Archrival » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:48 am

Musicmac wrote:I'd like to reserve a spot.
Thought, I might not be able to play until the end of this week. =/

As I said, I'll not be starting to this weekend or possibly the start of next week depending on what happens.
@Sal: I like it but you might be rather useless when it comes to two gangs later on in the plot. Unless some techy can create you a solar generator or something producing a light like the sun so you can power up at night time.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Keiran » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Would there be people prejudice against mutants?

Postby Archrival » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Keiran wrote:Would there be people prejudice against mutants?

This is not X-men, people have grown used to superpowers and aliens etc. They've come to accept villains and heroes as daily life. But there are still government based people who hate powered individuals as you will see.

On a side note, does no one like earth/plant based powers anymore? I mean they have so much potential but nooooo everyone thinks Poisen Ivy and goes 'Bah they're too girly'.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Keiran » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:38 pm

So there would be only isolated people whom hated them, is that correct?

Postby SaI » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Archrival wrote:@Sal: I like it but you might be rather useless when it comes to two gangs later on in the plot. Unless some techy can create you a solar generator or something producing a light like the sun so you can power up at night time.

Gotcha Arch, I'll incorporate something into the history and build an "Equipment" section for my CS later. I got a little something I need to finish first, but I'll finish this character sheet during my breaks.
"Curiosity is what killed the cat. Unfortunately: it's got more than one life to spare."

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Archrival » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Keiran wrote:So there would be only isolated people whom hated them, is that correct?

Yes, as I said most of the populace is fine it's just government based people and the odd few that hate powers.
@Sal, that fine. I'm sure you'll find some character who can help you create something plus you won't be too useless at the start of the Rp which is the main thing, maybe you can develop the ability to retain the energy like solar batteries do.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Keiran » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Thanks Rival.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:15 pm

I could make a sun lamp. Or a function on my arm to pop out a sun lamp.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Keiran » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Here you go, Rival. Anything I need to change?

Name: Aeolus Hauke

Alias:

Ability Origin: Mutation

Appearance: Aeol has very pale skin from lack of Sun, with raised white scars covering his back and thin black tattoos on his face with thinker ones on his cheekbones, looking demonic or evil. He is thin and quite short for his age. He has reddish-blonde hair that is cropped short in back but left long in the bangs with a center part. He is blind in the right eye (pale green) but his left eye (dark blue) works perfectly.

When alone with nothing to do, Aeol wears a simple black long-sleeved shirt and black jeans, making no effort to hide his tattoos. He constantly wears leather gloves

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy5/ ... 030003.jpg

Costume: Aeol wears a black long-sleeved shirt made of electricity / tear-resistant material, his pants are made of the same material. He has combat boots with silicone soles for silent walking. He wears a white mask on the right half of his face covering his blind eye.

Super Ability: Telekinesis {He can’t lift anything over 200 lbs yet, but he is still learning} /Psychometric {He can see the entire history of an object, in significant events, at 30s per event, he is frozen and unable to react to his surroundings during this}

Ability Weakness: If he touches an object with bare skin he cannot move until he has seen the entire history, important events.
Physically frail but has high tolerance for pain
Extreme fear of being restrained

History: When Aeolus was young, his parents didn’t realize he was a mutant. But then when he was three, things started to happen. If Aeol would touch something with his skin, besides his clothing, he would freeze for a minute or more, things would float to his, go back to their place. His mother grew frightened when Aeol stopped the knife in her hand while she was cutting. She had been about to hurt herself but she didn’t think of that. She thought that if he chose Aeol could fling knives at her with a single thought.

She locked him in the basement, and his father didn’t stop her, wary of his wife’s deteriotating mental state. It was every man for himself, he figured, better Aeol than him. As Aeol grew older, his mother began to beat him, usually with a whip. But it wasn’t until Aeol was ten that his father called the police on his wife.

By then his mother had tattooed markings on Aeol’s face, ‘sealing the Devil’ she had said. And when the police rescued him, he had the cognitive ability of a four year old, just learning to use logic and sentence structure. He was placed in therapy, both for his movement and for his speech.
It is four years later and Aeol decided his wanted to go to school, he was mostly caught up in his school work. He wanted to help people, he wanted to use his powers to save people. So he asked to be enrolled in the Alliance of Steel. Time to really start his life.
Last edited by Keiran on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sam4books » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Ooooo, a possible candidate for Magina's class :3
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:41 pm

He looks very familiar...

Postby Keiran » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:44 pm

How so?

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:48 pm

He looks to be on steroids.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Keiran » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:50 pm

I admit it, I suck at drawing, I just wanted you guys to know what the tattoos looked like.

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Keiran wrote:I admit it, I suck at drawing, I just wanted you guys to know what the tattoos looked like.

Its alright, I'm a not awesome artist, either.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Keiran » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:04 pm

At least we try.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:39 pm

He looks like your EA character but slightly different. Oh well good job though. I can't draw people very well at all.

Postby Archrival » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:39 am

Keiran: Like it, accepted but link the image please as it's a tad big for my liking. Also explain a little more what his powers can do and what's their extent?

Edit: New images added to first post courtesy of Sam.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 am

Righto, Rival, I'll do it after I wake a bit more.

Postby Iris » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:33 am

I've adjusted my CS to your advise, I've decided against using too many gadgets to allow him to become (or hope for it anyway) more impromtu and reflexive to certain situations.

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:56 am

Fix'd

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing