Super-High-Roics 2 OOC (Sign-ups open!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Super-High-Roics 2 OOC (Sign-ups open!)

Postby Keiran » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:04 pm

The petal picture looks like the Mario plant!

Postby sam4books » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:07 pm

That's entirely the point ;D
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:56 pm

(Inner brad: that's why I made the comment about not making a reference!)
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Keiran » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Name: Keir Iason

Alias:

Ability Origin: Science

Appearance: Keir is deathly pale, sickly looking, with limp shoulder-length black hair and a slim figure. His eyes are also black, but they are the thing that seem lively, very aware and piercing. He wears a white shirt, a button-up, and grey slacks as while as white tennis sneakers.

Costume: Keir wears an unstrapped purple Straitjacket and white pants. He wears no shoes.

Super Ability: Thermal Vision This, Accelerated Healing {Ability to heal rapidly from any injury, twice as fast}, Increased Strength { Can lift triple his body weight(120lbs so he can lift maximum 360lbs)}

Ability Weakness: If there is no difference in heat between two objects, he can’t tell it’s there.
Healing is not instantaneous, broken bones still take a while to heal, can still feel the pain
Scared to touch others because he is afraid to break them

History: Keir would have been born normal, without powers, if not for his father. His father was a scientist, whom could not get the grant to test his serum, meant to purposely grant powers. So while his wife was sleeping, he injected the serum into his unborn son.

When Keir was born, his father told his mother that he had been stillborn and kept Keir in his lab. His father was kind enough, comforting his son after experiments and leaving the boy with a television to keep him stimulated. When Keir was thirteen, his father accidently left the door to his room opened. Keir knew his father would never let him out, he told him. Like a caged animal he wanted freedom.

He bolted, and for two years lived on the streets. Performing for others, using his strength to entertain the mundanes and using it to steal when he had to. Anything to survive, his Thermal Vision helped with his minor heists. He was caught by the cops and got the choice of going to the Alliance of Steel or jail. He picked the Alliance. It was the best choice he figured.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm going to edit something I forgot to put earlier.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Glacier » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 pm

I'll have something up either later tonight or this weekend.

Postby Curley Whirly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:45 pm

I should be finished with mine momentarily, expect it within the hour.

Postby Curley Whirly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:57 pm

I think its finally done... Tell me any changes I need to make.

Name: Domovoi Tarquin (DOM oh voy, TAR kin)

Alias: N/A

Ability Origin: Magic

Appearance: Dom is a very lean character, almost to the point of being gangly. But, that comes with the territory when you’re 6’10” and only 180 pounds. He owns two massive scars, one ranging from just above his left temple, across his left cheek and just nicking the edge of his mouth as it continues down under his chin, stopping where the chin starts to curve into the neck. The other starts in the middle of his first scar and cuts right through the center of the bridge of his nose, making it extremely hard for him to breathe using that certain orifice. Dom’s bombardier blue eyes are arresting, making him seem much older and wiser than his youthful 22 years.

Out of costume
http://jomacdoom.files.wordpress.com/20 ... _guy_2.jpg Glasses and all.

Costume: What with Dom basically being a sorcerer, he likes to wear those down to the floor robes like the ones he’s seen on TV. He was able to find enough deep crimson fabric to make the perfect cape, wrapping entirely around him, cloaking him in dark red. Underneath that is an old fashioned jerkin of tough, pliable leather, hard enough to stop the slash of a knife. On his legs he wears a set of steel alloy greaves, which he uses quite well when up close to an enemy, kicking out with long legs.

Super Ability: Psionic or Psychic weapons. Dom can imagine an injury upon an enemy, and although there will be no physical tissue damage, the enemy will feel the pain associated with that injury. For instance, say Dom imagined a male character’s… happy places… being crushed. The character would experience the excruciating pain associated with such an event, but there would be no physical damage to this area. A bit more practical a use of such an ability would be to imagine bending back someone fingers, perhaps causing them to impulsively open their hand, making them drop a weapon.
((Now while I mention instant death in his history, Dom cannot just cause someone to die then and there.))

Ability Weakness: Since Dom’s powers have very much to do with the human psyche, he is occasionally forced to look in unto himself and into his soul and make him relive some of his more painful memories. This is a debilitating condition for him, one which he often has trouble forcing himself out of. During these involuntary bouts of self-reflection, he is paralyzed on the spot wherever the effect onsets. It can sometimes take minutes for him to regain his consciousness. Sometimes, such an episode can triggered by the simplest thing as seeing his reflection in a puddle of water.

History: Dom was born into a relatively high-up family of the Davy’s Locker gang, high enough for his mother working with members of “The Kraken’s” inner circle. With his parents being a member of such a gang, Dom was often exposed to magic of all kinds from a very young age mostly manipulative. And it was actually a racquet-ball sized, enchanted model of the human brain that he always enjoyed toying with when he was a toddler: he would always try to find some sort of purchase in the ridges with his teeth, and even as he went through adolescence: he enjoyed tossing it around his room down at the docks.
And that’s how it was. He would have lived a wonderfully evil life as a member of New Justice’s resident corsairs had it not been for that small, iridescent orb. It was enchanted, Dom’s parents knew, but they never expected the extent of the power the sphere contained.
One particular long day at the docks for both Dom’s father and himself left them both with frayed tempers. Soon, those short fuses were lit by a trivial, pointless matter, one which Dom can’t even recall. First they argued, then they yelled, and soon, fists were ready to fly. Not really wanting to get in a fight with his dad, Dom stalked down the hallway, back turned, leaving a typical teenager comment in his wake.
“Sometimes, I wish you were dead…”
Dom did not think the thud he heard superseding this comment could possibly be his father’s corpse hitting the floor. So he continued retreating into his room and groped around in the semidarkness of the evening until he found his model brain. That’s when something hit him. It wasn’t glowing anymore. Whenever he entered into his room after coming home from the docks, the metallic globe would be glowing with a soft glittering look. He palmed it calmly for a moment before his thoughts were wrenched away by the blood-curdling scream of his mother as she came through the door. He rushed out to see what was wrong, and stopped dead as he spied the body of his father. Dom’s mother had one hand to her throat, and the other held a kitchen knife she had been using to prepare dinner. She merely looked from Dom’s face, to the model still clutched in his hand, and she knew. Well, she thought she knew. She believed Dom knew what he had done, that he had willingly killed his own father. That was when she went at him with the knife. He was able to duck under her and move towards the door, but only after she had torn his face open in two places.
So he ran.
He ran until he thought he could run no more, until his left eye was gummed shut with dried blood. His one remaining good eye told him he was on the outskirts of the city. He knew he must be close to the academy of the hated Alliance of Steel. But considering his circumstances, bad-blood was something he couldn’t really afford. He slowly made his way to the academy and begged for admission. Now a student, he is often at odds with his peers, as his heavy Davy’s Locker accent gives him away to be a former gang member relatively quickly. This makes him very ashamed of his past, and he can quickly tailspin into a deep depression if spoken to in a way that makes him recollect, whether on purpose or not.
Last edited by Curley Whirly on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Cheesemore » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:15 pm

You may want to break up the text some more, another space inbetween each paragraph wouldn't hurt.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Curley Whirly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Ah, shoot, I meant to bold the titles...

EDIT: Thank you Cheese, that looks much better.

Postby Soul » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:48 am

Name: Fujibayashi Shinsato

Alias: Chameleon

Ability Origin: Mutation

Appearance: Throughout most of his life Fuji has, and forever will wear a mask that covers his nose and below. He removes it to very few people, and generally eats alone or in the company of very good friends because of it. Above this black mask are his sapphire blue eyes, which reveal his Japanese ethnicity. He has a slim yet muscular build and has a slim yet muscular build and stands at five foot six. Fuji’s hair is kept short, and remains at the base of his neck, while the front of the unstyled bob of hair sits at about eye length.

The clothes the young man wears are a rather baggy affair, and all black. His shirt is sleeveless and is tucked into a black pair of Korean tae kwon do pants. He wears a pair of black tabi on his feet. A pair of kusarigama are kept with him at all times and kept on back side of his waist. Another weapon that he keeps with him is his ninja-to, and is kept in an ornate sheathe on his back, ending a few inches above the kusarigama.

Costume: Although not a costume in the traditional sense, when Chameleon goes out onto patrol he puts on his full ninja uniform. He is covered head to toe in black, the area around his eyes is also painted black with grease paint, only making his eyes visible. As opposed to his regular outfit Chameleon also brings along his smaller equipment, shurkiens, eggs with blinding powder, and a tranquilizer gun to stay ‘modern’. Underneath the black cloth uniform he wears a light chain shirt to protect against most knives, but is useless against bullets and other super abilities.

Super Ability:

Shapeshifting – Although he cannot shift into an animal or an inanimate object like a lamp, Chameleon can change how his appearance looks. Mainly used for infiltration, he will incapacitate someone, study what they look like, and then shift into that person temporarily. Aside from the psychological effect it may have on their enemies, i.e. ‘can you shoot your own son?’, it is rather useful in getting past security systems that require finger prints, eye scans, etc.

Regeneration – Exactly what it says. Chameleon regenerates the wounds on his body very quickly.

Chameleon Shift – If placed in a position where he cannot stealth, cannot run, and possibly cannot
fight back, Chameleon will use this ability to become ‘invisible’. His body and clothes shift to the colors around him, allowing him to blend into the background. He also uses this to avoid cameras, heavy patrols, and others. Although this ability does not work as effectively if someone is using a device to see heat signatures.

Ability Weakness: Because of his natural abilities, when Chameleon begins to use his mutant abilities his body is put under strain. The longer he uses the ability the more strain his body is placed under. After a certain amount of time, using something he will be forced to stop or his body will shut down and leave him incapacitated for a long while.

History: Born and raised in a ninja clan, all of whom were mutants, from Japan, Fujibayashi acquired his name from the legendary ninja Fujibayashi Nagato. While living with his clan he learned the art of ninjutsu and became his family’s most promised pupil, carrying out assassinations of Japan’s worst crime-lords, and accomplishing every mission with extreme efficiency. However, despite his great skill he was the youngest of his brothers, and upon the death of his father the family was hard pressed to decide who would become the head of the family, skill or wisdom.

The four brothers met in secret one night, Fuji and his eldest brother would be forced to fight to the death, something neither of them wanted to do. It was here that Fuji left his ninja clan and headed to America, wishing his clan good fortune and long life.

He arrived in America when he was twenty four, and quickly adapted to the lifestyle. Here he continued to do what he did in Japan, mercilessly slaughter those who broke the law. It wasn’t long until the Alliance of Steel tracked him down, and offered him a position in their ranks, but also to teach the arts of war to younger students at their new academy. He accepted the offer and made his way to the school, ready to begin his new life as a teacher and not a vigilante.

Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jh89VELCo4

Class Taught: Combat Training
Last edited by Soul on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SaI » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:15 am

I would love to make a second character, but... unless said character wasn't a student, I wouldn't want to find myself RPing my characters with each other. *sigh* I assume that we have more than enough teachers per say, correct Arch?
"Curiosity is what killed the cat. Unfortunately: it's got more than one life to spare."

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Archrival » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:01 am

Oh yeah we have enough teachers, but the more students we have obviously the more teachers we'll need, if we get 8 students I'll allow 5 teachers.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Keiran » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:46 am

... What about my second one and Curley?

Postby Geomancer » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:20 pm

And mine.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby SaI » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Archrival wrote:Oh yeah we have enough teachers, but the more students we have obviously the more teachers we'll need, if we get 8 students I'll allow 5 teachers.

Alright then. If we do, then expect a possible Tech character. If not, well... eh, not that big of a deal. *shrug* Already got MM's character, which I'm sure is more than enough tech for any teaching staff, hahah~
"Curiosity is what killed the cat. Unfortunately: it's got more than one life to spare."

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:23 pm

I tell ya, I look forward to when Captain Swift tries to black mail, Derek again.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Oh God I remember that xD
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby SaI » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:47 pm

So, you guys seem to have been in the previous one right? What sort of shenanigans happened?

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Curley Whirly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Quick edit made to specify: Dom cannot imagine a death, and then they just die. Not quite yet at least.

Postby sam4books » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:41 pm

SaI wrote:So, you guys seem to have been in the previous one right? What sort of shenanigans happened?

Nothing that great happened actually.

One of the students made a huge dent and destroyed a tree though. Magina was pretty afraid of him until she talked to him though, which they did along with the other students while they were walking to the opening ceremony (oh and people were gawking over this tall alien girl). They talked about their powers, fears, and histories and such. At the ceremony Derek was busy trying to capture the attention of the students who were falling asleep. I believe one teacher almost burned a student. Or something. At the briefing Derek dealt with Smith and Captain Swift trying to convince them to keep the children home when they were faced with the decision of going to face a group of criminals or stay. Magina stayed after freaking out because they were both clowns. They were on their way to fight the two but things sort of stopped there so we didn't have much interaction for more shenanigans.
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Just remember its Jocund, not Derek in the rpg is all I ask. And Sal, that was pretty much it.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:54 pm

Alright, I'll try to remember that.
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Through, I am surprised no one got it, even now. The true name within the name.
More Robots

Postby SaI » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Dang... let's make sure this time around it's exciting. And... I'll try to not disappear. I like the concept of this RP, it's got a lot of similarities to a work of my own actually. So I'm sticking around.

Advocate of G.N.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing