Elemental Academy, Chapter 1: It all begins... NOW.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Elemental Academy, Chapter 1: It all begins... NOW.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 pm

-Jericho Smith-

Giving a nod at the consent he waited for a certain someone to make their 'grand entrance' before doing nothing to stop anyone from hiding behind him, he was the wall that would protect everything and anyone from destruction, such was his path in life. As the theatrics simmered down a little he turned to look at the boy and frowned at the response a little, having worse and still receiving more was about all he could take but he kept himself calm before leaning down to inspect the bruise. With a smile his armored hand emitted a soft red glow and touched the boy's bruise, after the initial sting he would likely feel flesh knitting itself together and the blood in his cheek disperse to leave itself unblemished, as if he had never been struck.

Standing straight he placed both palms together and began to emit a similar red light all around him, his armors strange golden color turning to the light red aswell, the room was washed in the healing radiance of light. Everyone would feel fatigue slide from their bones and anxiety simply dissapear. "Fear not the dark, for in the deadest of night there will always be a soul as bring as the sun." He whispered as the light faded, returning to the golden hue that coated his armor. "Thank you for the compliment, the armor is weak but the faith that it harbors is strong."

Turning around to the one talking (Asobi, dunno ur characters name) he gave the boy a flick in the ear before talking. "There are no holiday breaks and I'm afraid contact with outsiders is largely forbidden. Nobody must know of our existence, your family has been told you are partaking in an extremely dedicated college for the gifted." He pat the boy on the shoulder. "That is, until you have proven you can keep the secret."

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:59 pm

He smiled brightly at Jericho then turned to Ifrit. “Why should I?” Rhys asked Ifrit, “Would do you some good to actually work for something, don’t you think? You need to realize what you’re doing, and I won’t tell you what you did. And if it’s childish, than you should stop being childish too.” He smiled gently and watched the blonde struggle with a small amount of pleasure.

Postby Zath » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:08 pm

{ Urufu Kasai - Relaxing }

The tanned boy was laying on the grass, absorbing the heat from the sun and basking in the enjoyment of the power dancing around his body, he currently had his shirt off due to the warmth of the day. He heard the noise of many feet walking towards the school so he opened his eyes and looked over. "Ah... the new kiddies are here." He leaped to his feet and brushed himself off. He saw Mellissa moving towards them, he moved up to her and pat her on the shoulder. "Don't break them too early now." He said with a smirk as he moved to join the rest of the group, noting the spoiled kid. "One of 'em every year..." He mumbled to himself

{ Gen - FUUUUUUUUUUU- }

If the students paid attention, they'd hear rapid padding coming down nearby stairs. The sound was followed by a jet black wolf that was approximately 3 feet tall and 5 feet long, barreled down the stairs at breakneck speed. "God damnit, you two've only been back for a couple days and you're already back at it!?" Clearly the wolf was running from something, or someone.

{ Headmaster - Oh my... }

The headmaster watched with mild amusement as the students began to loosen up, but frowned at one particular boy, Ifrit. "Now Jericho, his situation is not quite the same. He's from one of the noble families, but that still doesn't mean he'll be able to contact them." He turned to look at Ifrit. "There's no reception out here, nor is there a postman. The point of this Academy is for you to grow without any influence from the outside world."

Postby Asobi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Ifrit's glared at him as his eyes switched from blue to a yellow and his began to move and glowed as well. It seemed as if bards of light came from underneath his feet and pushed him up. He inspected his clothing first before saying anything and dusted himself off. "You're absolutely right I should have been more blunt rather than being nice to someone..." he looked at him up and down. "...less fortunate as yourself. ". He turned to Jericho. "I see. Please tell me the food here isn't disgusting fatty trash as well." He looked at Rhys again. "But how rude of me, I'm Ifrit, though we had a disagreement I wish to move forward from as I personally hate to waste minutes of my life with meaningless arguements." he said with a curious smile.
Last edited by Asobi on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Soul » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:17 pm

-Victor-

For a majority of the walk towards the academy the young swordsman remained quiet, and kept to himself in the back of the group. He stared at some of the demonstrations of elemental abilities as they walked through the ground but seemed rather unphased by the entire display. It was until they had reached the castle and the teachers began showing of did Victor actually display some sort of reaction. He was smiling. With each different antic the teachers had pulled caused the boy to chuckle.

But as Ifrit began to speak Victor began to show more signs of emotion. In this case, rage. He forced himself towards the front of the line, a look of anger spread across his face.

"Hey, kid!" Victor said folding his arms staring directly at Ifrit, "How about you show them a bit of respect? Nobody here gives a damn if you're born into some rich family." Victor stepped closer towards Ifrit, his stony gaze fixated on the other boy. "I could talk about my father's influence too, but unlike you, I'm not a pompous ass."

-Mythcaran-

"New students, time for some fun," he said as he peered around the corner. His eyes scanned the crowd of first years with a wicked grin on his face. "Who shall be the target this time, I wonder?" he muttered quietly to himself. He stopped when he spotted Hisui and began to manipulate the air around the girl, shooting her up into the air and holding her six feet above the floor.

"Now, what?" He tapped his foot as he stood casually around the corner from the first years. "I should have fully thought this through first." He stood there for a moment, remaining quiet before snapping his fingers, inadvertently causing Hisui to jolt downwards two feet. He hunched forward put his hands to his mask covered face and said, "GET. OUT." His voice projected directly above the group of students, to make it sound as if Hisui was speaking.

He leaned back against the wall and turned to watch, a grin forming underneath his mask.

-Ashley-

The small girl stood in the back of the entire group, not fully understanding what exactly was going on. She blinked from Ifrit, to the bird-man, back to Ifrit, then to the fire-man, then back to Ifrit. Looking considerably out of place as she pulled her hockey mask off of the top of her head. Instead of getting into the conversation she remained perfectly quiet. Until one of the students began floating in the air.

"Holy shit!" Ashley yelled staring at Hisui as she dangled in the air and shouted as if her voice were that of a thirty year old man. "Somebody call the god damn Ghost Busters!"

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:21 pm

"Wow" Lyte thought after seeing the Armored teacher radiate a healing red glow, "That was amazing, I wish I was that strong. I wish I wasn't so weak, I fell and scrapped my elbow for crying out loud." "well you know how, don't hold back" he heard a voice in the back of his head. "No," he thought to himself "I don't want to hurt anyone again."
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby SaI » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:25 pm

=Johan W.=

Commotion, that's what he heard, feeling things happening. Something soared above them, and he heard the sound of movement in the background echoing in the hall. Then things settled, or at least, the apparent skirmish. It was utterly confusing.

As he deciphered and absorbed the Headmaster's words, and felt a pang of... worry. He was about to ask about something when-

MYSTERIOUS VOICE wrote:"GET. OUT."

He jumped upon seeing the sight of the dangling girl, the voice causing his eyes to bulge. His mouth was gaped open and in surprise he let go of his staff. It fell to the ground with a resounding clang, the heavy shaft clattering on the floor. Somehow, he was still on his feet.

But then that strange fear was cracked as Ashley yelled, something that caused a smile to crack on his lips. He laughed lightly beneath his breath, feeling somewhat better.

"You can say that again..." he chuckled out, smiling a little while... trying hard to not.
Last edited by SaI on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Curiosity is what killed the cat. Unfortunately: it's got more than one life to spare."

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Karo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:36 pm

~Amanda & Amber~

As the wolf ran screaming down the stairs, a rushing noise could be heard not far behind him. Then, a shout, made by multiple voices that reverberated through the stairwell.
"COWABUNGAAA!!!"
Then a huge torrent of water rushed out from the stairwell, not even a full two feet behind the headmaster. Two girls were riding the wave on surfboards made of ice, their black and white sneakers held down by a small layer of frost. They had huge smiles on their pale faces, their boards touching the ground as the water rushed everywhere, passing the headmaster and splashing the first years, save for the one that was hovering midair. The girls simultaneously broke the frost holding them down and stepped off their boards, not a drop of water on their black and white clothes. They watched Gen with dancing blue and purple eyes, laughing so hard they could barely breathe. "It's only a little bit of water. What's so wrong with getting wet, Genny-boy?" The girl with the longer hair spoke, then the one with the shorter hair nudged her, pointing towards the now wet headmaster and students. They smiled sheepishly, and the one with short hair spoke. "Whoops, our bad. We didn't know the first years were coming through right now."

~Hisui~

The little girl watched in amazement as the boy continued to be rude, even though he was sunk in the ground and being targeted by just about everyone there. Then, something felt wrong. Her body was soaring into the air, against her own volition. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!" She dropped two feet and someone else's voice seemed to emanate from her, causing a girl with a hockey mask to call for the ghost busters. Luckily she had a pair of shorts on under her skirt, but being held four feet above everyone else was not cool. "Somebody get me down from here!"
Last edited by Karo on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Wins2 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:47 pm

The time had finally come , everything that Takumi had been prepared for led to this point. Since birth he had been prepped to take the place of his father as head of the Chiba clan. He was to be its leader someone his family could look up too. But with his birth he had grown to be weak and small. Takumi was not the ideal son his father had wanted, but Takumi was the heir and had to be trained as one no matter how weak.

As Takumi and the other students entered the building the energy radiating of the walls. It was true power the color changing walls the aura of the faculty it was almost intoxicating. Unfortunately it's not as nice when you can't see over anyone, and Takumi knows that first hand being the shortest. Anyone behind would probably see a figure jumping up and down trying to see over the others to no avail. It was a somewhat depressing site.

But disappointment turned into excitement for a voice welcoming him and the other students to the academy. Anyone around could hear a loud voice seemingly coming from nowhere shout in excitement, "Yeah elemental Academy WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! This is going to be awesome who's with me!"

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:53 pm

"Brrr! That water is cold." Lyte said out loud, "Wow I like this place! It's exciting isn't it? Now what was your name again?" He asked turning back towards the boy who asked him if he was okay.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby sam4books » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:58 pm

~Adam Singe~

"Worse? ...Or better?" Adam responded to Darius with a suggestive twinkle in his eye. He laughed out loud when the child threatened him with his parent's influence. "Hahahaha! You honestly believe I would apologize? Son, I ain't afraid of nobody's parents, no matter how rich or 'important' they are." He smiled at the youthful Hisui, a sensable young lady if he ever saw one. "You've heard the man." he said after the headmaster explained Ifrit's situation, "You can try all you want but your parents won't hear a holler." He gave the boy an eerily wicked smile, "And speaking of clothing, I could burn them too if you want me to. Or better yet, get rid of that annoying mess of yellow hair for you. I wonder... How would you feel spending the first half of your year bald?" He left the question in the air, turning away from Ifrit. He did not intend to do much to the boy...yet. Still, he liked to remind students of the possibilities.

Adam couldn't help but smile to himself as the sensible young lady was dangling in the air. 'Looks like somebody's back to his old tricks.' He was debating whether he was going to help her or not when a pair of third year water students splashed the area with a tidal wave of water, drenching everyone including the headmaster. Shaking his head, the fire teacher instantly dried everyone but Ifrit who he thought rather looked good drenched and dirty. "On the other hand, that look suits you already" he commented.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Rhys’s blinked at him and then growled slightly, hardly noticing what was going on around him. Carefully, he shifted his bladed staff to trip the pompous ass to the ground. “Oops,” he said smirking slyly. “You need to learn your place, Kid. Is the argument so meaningless now? You’re motherfucking pathetic,” he drawled, for once aiming to be like his bastard of a father, “Goddamn ponce, bet you care more about your stupid fucking books than the people around you. Knowledge gets you nothing without the inclination to change the world. So what are you going to do, Brat?” He smirked dangerously, and raising one eyebrow, surprised at what he had done. Nearly killing his old man had done something for him.

Postby SaI » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 pm

=Johan W.=

The ice cold water brought him to his senses, and he wiped his now matted hair back, blinking out the water from his eyes. It wasn't numbing. If anything, it was comforting to him. Feeling refreshed and clearheaded again, he heard Hisui's cries. Instantly Johan went to grab... grab...

'...where's my staff?' thought the young boy as he glanced around. Not realizing it... that the water had washed his weapon from him. Had he had it on him he would have, at least attempted to try to use it to pull her down... if that was even possible.
Last edited by SaI on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Curiosity is what killed the cat. Unfortunately: it's got more than one life to spare."

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Asobi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 pm

(He's not int eh ground anymore I said that in the OCC and ill change the colors when I get home.)

Ifrit just glowed and snd dried himself off using the imense heat. He just smirked and thought to himself. "Well it was easier to get them worked up than I imagined." Rather than get upset he rather enjoyed it. "Oh I intend to make a change in the world just not in a way you'd expect". He brushed some hair out of his face. "But by all means continue doing what you guys are doing, you are all proving who the bigger person is in the matter. Here I stand not lifting a finger against any of you but three of you against me, words get to you that much? But I will thank for teaching me about yourselves." he said as he began hum a classical tune to himself.

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Darius pinched the bridge of his nose and looked at Adam and Arawn. “You two are enjoying this aren’t you?” he asked dryly. “It would not be better, that boy would be dead. There are children, if pushed, that would kill at such a young age, and what would happen then? Hmm?”

“You Arrogant Little Bastard, ” Rhys hissed, glaring angrily, “Words destroy countries, cause wars, can turn a man into a murderer. Never. Doubt. The. Power. Of. Words.” He turned and walked away, unconsciously causing tremors in the ground beneath them.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:11 pm

-Ajax Riftwalker-

As the antics of the students, both knew and old, raged on in the main hall all that he could hear was thumping and screaming and yelling of the children below. Typical until he felt the use of elemental magic being manipulated rudely and without thought. Slamming his book closed it became wrapped in chains formed from the water in the air, freezing in an instant as if there all along. It hung from his hip as he dissipated into water, clothes and all, his entrance was like a thunderclap. It cut off all sound for a moment as he appeared in the center of the room with a dissapointed and angry look. His sudden appearance and temper caused the walls and floor any anything in the room other than people to freeze solid, without speaking a word he stepped behind the two girls who had been surfing and grabbed them by the head clunking them together for misuse of the element indoors.

He had overheard the boy called Ifrit speaking down to the teachers and even the headmaster of all people. Raising his hand at the boy he took control over the blood in his system and caused it to stop. His heart no longer beat in his chest and the chill of the room sunk in like knives while everyone got to watch and likewise feel the sudden intense cold. The room seemed to be getting darker to everyone as he stepped closer and closer, jagged icicles began to sprout around the room reflecting his mood. "You will speak when you are given the right, you will respect everyone and anyone in this room until you have proven you can talk down. Your heritage, your wealth, your respect, all of it is useless on these grounds boy," He spat as if it were filth. "You may have a gift but I can take it away just as easily." His gaze alone sent shivers down everyone's spine.

Releasing his grasp on the blood in the boys system he watched what would happen with a smirk before eyeing everyone around the room. With a simple snap of his fingers the ice in the room shattered but did not fall the ground, instead it simply flowed out of the room and dissipated in the air outside, the room likewise regained it's color, even Jericho hesitated to speak up but ended holding his tongue.

"Mythcaran, release her or you know what I will do." Letting the threat linger in the air for a moment he turned towards the rest of the students. "I do not tolerate a lack of discipline, children though you may be your childhood will halt here quickly unless you have the decency to speak after your teachers and to be polite to your fellow classmates, you will be living with them afterall." Crossing his hands in front of him he looked to the headmaster to finish.

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 pm

“Sir, I believe that was uncalled for,” came Rhys softly, looking at Ajax, “You could have really hurt Stone, and that teaches no one. Isn’t that the point of a school? To teach and better students?” He moved his body between Ajax and Ifrit, not really thinking.

Postby sam4books » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:30 pm

~Adam Singe~

"Oh yes Darius, I certainly am" he responded smiling gleefully. "But I would never let a kid tear this place apart you see...I may be reckless but I ain't dumb. I think you worry too much." Suddenly a chill was cast inside the room, the walls freezing solid in a deadly sheet of ice. Adam shook his head disapprovingly at the boy, who dared to challenge the teachers, "You see Darius, in order to learn their place, a child needs to be defeated, mortified" he said, explaining his reasoning. The sudden cold cut even the fire teacher like a knife as he gave an slight shiver, he'd seen Ajax angry, but never this angry. He had even threatened to take away the student's gift as icicles appeared jaggedly around the room. After Ajax was done with his punishments, Adam addressed the new students, Rhys in particular. "This, is Mr. Riftwater, ladies and gents. As you can see, it's very much advised to not piss him off. And that means not questioning his actions." he said, giving Rhys a rather cold look.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:05 pm

“It’s not right!” Rhys said quietly, keeping between the man and Ifrit. “You can’t just do that, it’s not right.” He looked confused and shook his head violently, “Why aren’t you saying anything to him?” He pointed at Ajax, “What he did was a fucking hell of a lot worse.” He was muttering darkly and thought to himself This place is no different from home. Injustice everywhere.
Last edited by Keiran on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Asobi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Ifrit sat on his messenger bag without saying a word.

(That's all I can put so sorry for a one liner.)
Last edited by Asobi on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Rhys looked lost—he did not understand people at all. He looked at Ajax and muttered an apology, his eyebrow furrowed in his confusion. He sat on the ground and closed his eyes, waiting for the beating. His whole body was relaxed, it would make the hits hurt less in the long run.

Postby Zath » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:33 pm

{ Headmaster - So that's where he was... }

"My good friend Ajax here is correct. Respect here is earned, not deserved. Money has no place here, nor does social status." He walked over to Rhys, and put a strong hand on his shoulder. For being an old man, he seemed to be very strong. "I understand your feelings, but if we baby anyone it could weaken them or cause them to rely on us. Our actions may seem cruel, but it's only out of the need to instill the reality that is fear into the sheltered ones." He leaned closer to whisper into Rhys' ear. "And Ajax would never kill a student, he'd rather die than do so. He's really just a big softy at heart" He said quietly enough just for Rhys to hear.

{ Gen - I just want to sleep... }

Gen shook the water off before Adam had dried everyone. "It's not that I mind getting wet, heck I love going for a swim. It's more or less being disturbed while I'm trying to sleep by a pair of energetic girls."

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Rhys smiled softly at the old man and stood. He muttered a ‘Thank you’ and walked back to Jericho. They didn’t hurt me, he thought shocked, But adults hurt kids, that’s how it works.

Postby Regalus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:02 pm

"No worries man," he began with a smile, "The name's Edi!" exclaimed as he flinched at the site of the flying bird man soaring over his head. What followed were without a doubt the most surreal three minutes of his young life. People were flying, objects were set on fire people argued, speeches were made and in the end he was soaked from head to toe in frigid waters that cut through his small from like a steel blade; only to be spontaneously dried. All the while Lyte had been trying to keep the conversation between them going. How anyone could just shrug off what had occurred before him was beyond him, and it was at his moment he realized how in over his head he actually was.

He stared on for a few moments until something hit his foot snapping him out of his funk. He blinked a few times and turned to Lyte "I-I'm sorry, my brain had to reboot there for a moment. The name's Eduardo Alejandro Guerrera Juarez, but you can just call me Edie," he said with a bit of a forced grin as he launched a passing glance at the front of the crowed were the argument still waged on. He couldn't make everything out, but it sounded pretty intense. The kid sounded like he was being a bit of a douche, but he seemed to be backing off.

"Are you okay man?" he asked his companion as he noticed his expression before a cold front passed through the room. "Not again," he groaned his mind still reeling from the last few displays of power. Though no matter what he thought was going to happen as the walls began freezing over, nothing could have prepared him for what he has about to witness.

Time seem to slow as the man walked into the room; he could feel his heart sink as he began speaking. At that point he wasn't sure what was happening; but he knew that the old fart was doing something to the boy. He was in pain and the room was still. He could feel his stomach knot up, as the man kept talking. The fact that this was done in the name of discipline only served to infuriate him further. The fact that he smiled was the last straw.

Without warning he started rushing through the crowed of new students, bumping into people and swearing all the way; running towards the injured lad. His mind overcome by anger; he couldn't believe what the hell had just happened. The worst part was that no one seemed to be doing anything; except for one of the teachers that is.

After a few moments, he reached the boy who was sitting on the floor trying to catch his breath. Though he wasn't quite sure how much good it would do him. "Like hell your alright! he said placing a hand on Ifrit's shoulder as he knelt by his side "I don't know what the hell just happened, but I know you're seven different flavors of "not alright". You'd best get to the infirmary," he added with genuine concern in his voice as the head master defended the old fart.

"Seem cruel?" began Edie as he turned his attention to the stage. "I might be new here, and I'm probably out of line, but that was the cruelest thing I've ever seen in my life," he said as he stood back up and faced the teachers, giving himself pause as the realization of what he was doing crept into his mind before being buried under his sudden surge of emotion. "Yes, he was being a bit of a douche; but that's no excuse for doing...that to him and I'm sure just about everyone else here feels the same way and I am anazed by the fact that only one of you seems to have a problem with what just happened! he exclaimed gesturing to Ifrit as he looked at the rest of the teachers " Or are you telling me that not a single one of you thinks that this was just a bit extreme; for the crime of acting like a brat. If it was to discipline him there must have been hundreds of way he could of done it. Hell he could've just tossed hail at him and it would've been just as effective, but not nearly as bad as this; so I'm whole heartedly sure this wasn't just to discipline him was it?" he exclaimed in sheer outrage before shooting a furious glare at Ajax, the image of the man's smile at the boys suffering burned in his memory.

In hindsight, perhaps he should have stayed silent were he stood; but there was no way he'd be able to live with himself if he allowed the man's act to go by without so much as a word of reprisal. After the display, he was aware of how dip in shit he had just tossed himself into; but quite honestly he didn't care, there were somethings more important than ones safety, and this was one of them.

Postby Asobi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:48 pm

Ifrit didn't really move but he did cough a little revealing a little blood as he wiped his mouth. He didn't really look at at the boy that was talking to him or responded.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing