Elemental Academy, Chapter 1: It all begins... NOW.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Elemental Academy, Chapter 1: It all begins... NOW.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:20 pm

"Nice to meet you Johan" Lyte then turned back to the boy who was reading. He heard him say that he could keep hm alive and remove his organs while conscious. Lyte said "Yeah I've read about that before." But the boy was still serious and told him he doesn't like to repeat himself. Lyte looked at the boy reading the book, at first he thought he was kidding. Then the boy said he would hate to have to repeat himself. Lyte backed away "fine, just trying to be friendly." He huffed, he then turned to go back over to Eddie. "Hope we can be friends Johan." He said before leaving. "Gah, that guy readinf is a serious downer." Lyte said to himself. He took a seat and saw everyone conversing, he waited eagerly for something exciting to happen again, or at least find out what he will do here. Everything seemed to slow down around him as he waited. "I could teach him a lesson." the voice in Lyte's head said. "Nah, not worth it," Lyte found himself saying out loud. He looked around and wondered who else could be a good friend to make. He thought of the two girls that splashed the first years. "They'd be fun." He thought to himself. "Look over to the Heroine girl, "she might be fun, too." He thought of all the different people and found that 2 people he really didn't feel like messing with. Mr. Ajax "Face ripper." and Mr. Gloomy-Bucks-aplenty (Ifrit).
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Regalus » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:48 pm

"Eh?!" blurted out on confused Edie. It seemed like his friend had managed to slip away from him while he was making his apology. He stood on his tip toes combing the crowd with his eyes, searching for Lyte. After all, it was his first day and he was his first buddy; the last thing he wanted was to lose track of him a few minutes in. Within a few moments he managed to spot the boy amidst the crowed of wandering students.

Though it took some work, and several apologize, he managed to reach Lyte. Who seemed to have made a few new acquaintances during his short absence; one of whom he recognized as the unfortunate receiver of Ajax's punishment. "There you are Lyte, been looking for ya," he said with a grin as he approached the group.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:15 pm

"Hey Eddie," Lyte said with glee, "I had been trying to make a few more friends, but mr. rebellion over there is being all moody. Started talking about trying to keep me alive while he took my organs from me. I met Johan he seems nice. Hey let's grab a seat somewhere." Once sitting down at a nearby table, Lyte pulled out his pad of paper and a pencil and began drawing. He began with an outline for what looked like someone's face with a border above the picture. He drew first a face that looked like his own on the first page, and a large intricate 1 at the right hand bottom corner, with a large Box for a title above his picture. He flipped to the next page and within a few minutes had drawn what had transpired throughout the day (with a little embellishment). He picked up the page and looked at it remembering all of what happened so far that day. He actually had 5 sheets to get to where he was, but he had up to the Bird man about to pounce on the first page. "This, will be a fun year." Lyte said to himself. "So what's going to happen next?" Lyte said to no one in particular. Lyte then remembered he didn't catch the name of the other guy with mr. moody over there. "I'll have to reintroduce myself later." He thought to himself.
Last edited by BradaoOfCartha on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:26 am

Zath wrote:{ Urufu - Blow shit up you say? }

Urufu looked at Mellissa with a smirk. "Now now, I didn't say you couldn't break them at all, just don't do it before they've even gotten a chance to explore the school." He said while watching the rest of the kids file on into the school, somewhat dissapointed that the show was over. He then looked back at Mellissa when she asked to be taught how to blow shit up. "Well, I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon, lead the way." He said, waiting for her to go where she wanted.

-[ Mellissa Fitzsimmons - TNT? ]-

Mellissa grinned wickedly. She lead the way, hips aswaying to one of the ranges that wasn't in use, drawing the gazes of most of the second and many of the third year guys, as well as a few of the girls. Mellissa dropped her bag carelessly at one end of the firing range and turned to face her targets, waiting for Urufu.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:57 am

{Auditorium}

A loud clicking began to ring out through the halls surrounding the auditorium. As the source drew closer, the sounds became more of a clacking as something sharply tapped onto the smooth floors. They stopped some few feet from the doors, with only one figure visible from within the auditorium. But from the way they were acting, it seemed the person was talking to someone else just out of view. Those who bothered being attentive would notice the visible person was dressed in very bright and baggy clothes, mainly consistent of a green set of overalls. And the long, pink hair flowing to her knees was rather hard to avoid as well.

"Thanks for showing me the way! You're a lot nicer than you looked to be, miss..." The colorful girl paused, tilting her head and looking up a bit.

The response was hardly the voice of a female. In fact, the voice was a deep, booming bass that seemed to echo off the air itself. A resonating vibration was coming out, following the masculine voice with the haunting cries and screams of the eternally damned. Or just some poor souls unfortunate enough to meet this...thing. "I just call her 'That Stupid Bitch' and it just fitsperfectly. Right, whore?!"

A second sight then became quite easily visible as a pair of long, black threads began swinging a common, fluffy teddy bear up and down throughout the halls. The devilish voice started screaming and crying out in pain while crashing into walls, floors, and the ceiling. One set of light bulbs on the ceiling was broken very abruptly, and the resounding shock of the bear was easily audible. The bear caught aflame, the voice spasming and screaming in jolts. It was then repeatedly slammed into the floor, snuffing out the flames before the bear was pulled back.

A soft, demure, almost whispered and feminine voice then spoke up from the hallway. "Just call me Alice. And have fun with the others. I'm sure a smart girl like yourself can find some interesting friends to spend time with..." Again, the halls became filled by the sounds of a sharp clacking, announcing the departure of the unseen individual.

The other girl was just left standing there, eyes wide and her mouth agape. She was frozen there for several long seconds before wildly shaking her head and turning away. She reached up, readjusting the bright pink hair on her head after the shake. That... That bear's voice is just creeeeeepyyy... Like it came out of The Exorcist.* The girl thought while walking into the auditorium.

... And, not sure why, but I feel violated just from hearing it... Weird.

(* For those new to the forum, I put all thoughts and mental speech in italics like I've done here.)
Demon of Elru

Postby Wins2 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:00 pm

(I thought about giving a slight explanation as too my character's apparent fearlessness as a better compromise than the one before. I hope the GM's are willing to accept it.)

Even though Takumi had stood up to Ajax, no one was going to defy a guy who could kill them. It wasn't long before everyone else started leaving, and as they left he breathed a heavy sigh thinking to himself, "Why did I even bother?" It seemed like he was on his own like his father said. He was scarred, but he couldn't show any visible sign of it or else Ajax could easily take advantage, and then what would be the point. His need to always look bigger than he was forced him to hide signs of fear in the face, that never meant he wasn't though. But more than scarred he was curious, he wanted to know what Ajax was, and what the curse he spoke of truly was. As the group approached the auditorium he sat in any available seat.

Postby Asobi » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:19 pm

As another person came to where they were. "God...this needs to hurry up and be over with." he said to himself. He picked up his messenger bag again and opened it. He then used his fingers to go through the books to look for something a bit more entertaining. He stopped midway in the middle and pulled out two thin books which was then revealed to be comic books, Iron Man and The Watchmen to be exact. Even though he did read rather disturbing things most of the time he did enjoy some comics. He really loved Tony Stark, but not as Iron Man, becasue he was more identifiable with him except he was lacking in the friend deportment of course and he loved Ozymandias because of his intelligence. If he could,, he's want to be a mixture of the two.

He did here the new girl make her entrance but he didn't really look up for the fact he was much more interested in reading a comic to entertain himself. He did catch a glimpse of Takumi takin his seat though before. He looked around, he didn't see many empty seats so he figured this welcoming thing would get started soon. He sat the messenger bag down and returned under the chari directly in front of him. He then sat The Watchman comic on his lap and opened the Iron Man comic and started to read it.

Postby Zelosse » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:02 pm

-Ajax Riftwalker-

As everyone took a seat and hushed for a moment, they could see the auditorium and some long curtains hanging from the walls, beneath them were portraits if anyone had spied on them they'd get very little from the effort since they were quite large. Taking his spot at the podium he waited for everyone to settle and begun his introduction. "Elemental Academy. Nearly a thousand years old and still one of the most prestigious mysteries of the world ever dreamed of, countless historians recall rumors of our existence while others believe we are a myth created by a madman, you stand in the halls where kings of yesteryear scrubbed floors for discipline or had was injured in an accident."

He waited for more silence before he began again. "You all came to acquire your powers due to a world shattering incident many years before this school was even founded. An elementalist convinced he was a god was corrupted by his elements darker shadow and gathered like minded elementalists of power or skill to his side and waged a false war on the others, what should have been a decisive victory for the defenders was turned to shock and despair as they were informed of a ritual." From behind him he yanked the clothing from a portrait to reveal a tall man in robes that seemed somehow darker than anything ever seen, with pale skin and eyes of a fiery red. In his hand was a scepter with a a long spike erupting from the tip. "The first and last ruler of the element that we today call Darkness. Aided with other like minded individuals he created a ritual involving all 5 other elements along with the sub elements to create a large energy capable of eradicating the planet and even the souls of the inhabitants. With a flourish of his hands 5 other portraits were revealed. A man in dark blue robes and a shaven head sat on a pillow with a strong stream around him. A man in fierce red armor holding a battle axe the size of himself stood vigilant. A man kneeling with a long silver broadsword infront of him prayed in his silver armor. A woman in grey and white robes meditated in mid air. A frail man in green and brown leather held a katana in front of a strong yet ancient looking tree.

"These were the 6 elemental masters, each as strong and deadly as the other. The darkness master completed his powerful incantation and the world was sundered but thanks to a strong counter-incantation the souls were not lost but displaced to the world we live in today. When a soul finds a body it merges to pass on the gift of elemental magic, it is up to the person to discover what element best resonates with them." Looking over at the Headmaster he gave a nod and continued his lesson. "Close to 1,500 years ago a man who wielded the same darkness as the first king rekindled a war for power and millions were killed, my wife and child included, he and his followers were eradicated after 5 years of war but finally he was to be executed, but his body had transformed to nothing but bones as I am now, he had cursed himself to undeath and therefor an infinite amount of time to finish. Instead of killing him the mans soul was extracted and sealed in the body of a man known for neutrality, myself." Lowering his robes to reveal his ribcage, there was no organs, no blood, no beating heart. Just a skeleton with nothing left but himself and power. Pulling his robe up after showing he was not just a face he continued. "My body was corrupted close to 10 years after harboring his soul to prevent it from finding a new body, this school was founded for two reasons." He placed his hands on the podium dramatically. "To make you all capable of fighting against the corruption should it ever arise again, and to keep me in a constant prison. For more then a thousand years I have been unable to leave the school grounds. Why I preach to you all is so that you will not use your gift as weapons or tools against those who do not deserve it. I discipline you to give you a sense of right and wrong of our world, why it is important to have respect. One day you may need someone from this school to help you in your darkest hour, but if scorned it will be you who stands alone." He concluded and let the headmaster explain the next part of their day.

(Long and boring, and with plenty of holes. But whatever) /fizzle

Postby Zath » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:53 pm

{ Headmaster - Let's get a move on, shall we? }

The Headmaster stood near Ajax as he said his speech on the history of the other realm. His eyes seemed laden with sorrow as Ajax spoke of the wars and the sundering of the other realm. When the portraits were revealed, a single tear was revealed. "My old friends... how I miss you." He whispered to himself.

The Headmaster straightened up and composed himself as the Ajax brought his speech to a close. "All of what Ajax says is true, which is why I must also emphasize upon obeying your teachers." He said spoke calmly and the snapped his fingers, causing the portals to disappear. The stage also receded into the wall behind it, and the floor between the wall and the seats began to sink down, a railing appearing in the front row to prevent people from falling off. The ceiling dissapeared, causing the sun's rays to illuminate the area. The Headmaster and Ajax were now on a Platform raised up on the wall the stage was on, with plenty of space for the rest of the teachers to sit comfortably up there should they choose to get a better view of the fight. The stone floor now also contained a raised arena, a couple of feet off the ground.

"New students, I once again welcome you to the Elemental Academy. As is tradition, it is my pleasure to introduce you to the beginner's tournament! A tournament where you test your skill against one another, and familiarize yourself with a plethora of fighting techniques. And before you ask yes, participation IS mandatory."
He said, looking at Ifrit.

{ Urufu - And this is how you do it. }

Urufu chuckled at all of the people admiring Mellissa. "You sure made yourself popular in the only year you've been here." He said, clearly immune to her flaunting. "So basic explosions are pretty simple." He said, looking around for a certain sized rock. He found nice smooth one about the size of a grape, and tossed it up and down a couple times, nodding, then holding it between his thumb and index finger.

"You know the basics of conjuring fire. Focus your energy, then let it flow into the object you want ignited, and it ignites." He said, igniting the stone. "Now as you can see, this is not very explosive." The stone extinguished. "The basics are relatively the same, but instead of letting the energy flow into the target, force it in at different amounts." The stone began to glow red hot, but Urufu didn't seem to mind it.

"The most important thing is to not hold onto the object, or you'll probably lose a couple of fingers, maybe even a hand."
He held rock like he was going to flip a coin, but instead of aiming it upwards he aimed for the target 25 feet away, and flicked it. Sending it flying into the target. It wasn't a bullseye but as soon as it make solid contact with the target it exploded, tearing the object to pieces. Moments later the target reformed. He looked at Mellissa. "Now you try."

Postby Akaine » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Minerva Hitaome: be our guest~

As Ajax began to talk about history, her interest flagged a little bit, because she's heard/read this all before. Sure, his way of telling it was interesting, but she was a little more interested in what was to come. She waited patiently for him to finish his speech, and looked at the students. They all seemed to be getting along...sort of. She didn't particularly care, so long as they didn't cause trouble for her. Her mind drifted away as Ajax continued to talk about the masters, and she began coming up with some new ideas as per new ways to inject victims and new entertaining ways to get information out of said victims. She was going to have fun this year, lots of fun, despite having to teach these sniveling students: she had a good feeling.

The headmaster was tearing up...Personally she was against showing any outward sign of weakness, but she respected the headmaster and somehow his personality and his powers made it acceptable in her skewed ideals to make an exception for the old man. 'Obey your teachers? Yes, worship them too. Bring them food and do their every order. That would be nice.' She daydreamed a little on the intricate details of such an existence before she was brought back to reality with the headmaster's new announcement.

Minerva gave a cheshire grin at the sound of the beginner's tournament. She always loved watching a good fight, but she preferred to be the one fighting, personally. But if she got to see some fresh meat beat themselves to crap, she was all for it. Where was her popcorn? Taking a seat at the end of a row, she crossed her legs: false modesty in the right amounts does wonders. She tucked the tie into the front of her blouse and as she did this, her hair shifted to cover some of her face from both the students and the teachers; the corners of her lips turned upwards in a small smile. If somebody had caught that small ghost of a normal smile, she would have pulverized them if they made it known to her.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:49 pm

-[ Mellissa Fitzsimmons - Boom goes the Dynamite ]-

"Haha, it's not my fault they have active imaginations." Mellissa grinned. She watched Urufu carefully, nodding in the right places as he explained how to charge the stone. "Alright, I'll give it a shot.". She stooped and picket up a small stone, like Urufu's.

She focused on it, feeling the warmth of the fire energy spread through her, Mellissa pictured the stone in her mind's eye, pictured the fire energy rushing into it. She could see the stone turning from grey to a dull brown, it was heating up. She flung the stone at the target, it turned bright red as it travelled and hit the target a few inches righ of the bullseye. Then KABOOM. Mellissa smiled proudly.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Keiran » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Rhys looked at Ajax as he spoke and felt sad for the man; he could never leave, trapped. He shivered and bowed his head. His methods were harsh but he was fighting a darkness within him, releasing the cruelty a bit at a time instead of letting it overwhelm him. Rhys knew he could learn a lot from watching the man.

He looked up as the headmaster spoke of a tournament, his face paling slightly. His emotions were in such turmoil today, it was hard to keep up with the feelings in his mind. Fear made him shake. Gods, he couldn’t fight! He only knew what he had made up, simple swings with his staff and separating the particles of Earth (and putting the earth into foods to get back at him). Maybe he could soften the Earth beneath the top layer to make a trap? He decided to ask how they would win, “Is this until first blood or being knocked out?” the black-haired boy called out.

Postby sam4books » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:33 pm

~Adam Singe~

A look of mild interest reflected upon Adams eyes as Ajax gave his speech. Like most of the teachers, he had heard it before, yet he still had that fear that one student would screw things up for the whole lot of them. Which is why he stressed control so much in his students. He'd be damned if someone from his class ends up causing mass destruction in their wake. Speaking of the students, they all seemed rather tame at the moment. It was almost funny how they all got along with each other, usually new students would tear each other apart in a battle. He wondered how long this would go on. It certainly was turning out to be an interesting year none-the-less.

He perked up when the theatre/auditorium changed into an arena. He knew what was coming right away, his most favorite part of the year, watching the kiddies tear each other apart. Not only was it entertaining it allowed him to study his students and determine the best sort of torture for them. A wild grin was visible on his face as he walked up to raised platform, sitting next to Minerva, how he loved a good fight. Reaching into his pocket, he took out a bag full of corn. But a tournament was nothing without a good bag of popcorn. He created a small flame and held it below the bag, watching patiently as the small pieces of corn popped one by one until the bag he kept in his coat pockets became a bag full of freshly popped popcorn. Satisfied, he reached into the bag, getting ready to eat one of his delicious snacks, paying no attention to the blood teacher beside him.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Lyte shuddered when he saw Ajax's bare ribs "I really hope that doesn't happen to anyone else. He listened to the History lesson and couldn't help but feel saddened about the whole thing. Lyte almost jumped right out of his seat when the Auditorium became a Coliseum. "What's going to happen" he said to himself. The Beginner's Tournament. "Oh great," he said to no one in particular. "Just another chance to show your skills, again." that voice in his head. He has had it ever since that day. The day that he wished he could have stopped himself. He remebered how he fist heard that voice. After almost killing his Sparring partner with a throat strike. "the best feeling in the world." Lyte began to worry that he may not be able to hold that side of him back. "I'll have to though," he said to himself, "it's mandatory." He put his hand on the haft of his katana, "So how will this be decided?" He asked no one really.

Postby Cheesemore » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:07 pm

-Aaron Walton-

Aaron was a bit dissappointed when Lyte left without saying anything to him at all. 'Am I invisable or something to him? He didn't even acknowledge my suggestion either.' he thought to himself, before working his way towards Johan and Ifrit. Johan had sat four seats over to make room for Lyte, but after the fact he left Aaron decided there was no need for that. He went to the row behind the two of them and jumped into the seat next to Ifrit. "I don't think he's joining us Johan, you're welcomed to sit closer." he said to him, before catching a glimpse of what Ifrit was reading.

Rather than a disturbing book, he saw two comic books, Ironman and Watchman. 'I knew it. He is just like everyone else.' he thought looking back up the stage. At first he thought he should have said something, but decided against it as Ajax began his story. It was a sad tale, of corruption and curses, and even the display of his skeleton brought back some of the bad memories from a few minutes earlier. Aaron just shook his head though and continued to listen carefully to his speech, it was a great one after all. When he was finished the headmaster spoke up and snapped his fingers. Aaron was a bit surprised as the entire stage began to dissappear. 'What the heck?' he thought before the areana popped into to place.

'Please tell me that's not for us.' he thought with a worried look on his face. But his thought was quickly proven wrong as the headmaster stated it was time for the tourniment, and participation was manditory. Aaron just slouched back into his chair, a worried look quickly took over him. 'Now we have to fight? What kind of sick and twisted school is this? And could this day get possibly any worse for me?' Aaron quickly put his hand to his face at his last thought. 'Well if it wasn't it definately would now.' he thought as he glanced around at the other students in the auditorium. 'How in the heck do I get out of this?'
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Ryute » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Cecille the Brave: Excitement! Announcement of the Beginner’s Tournament!
Current Hero Level: 1

“Well you didn’t have to put it like that…I can’t help it if I’m a little absent minded...” she said in a somewhat saddened and whiny voice after hearing the harsh reality that Huan-Yue imposed on her. “I’m happy to meet you as well!” After getting her seat near the other girls and she listened carefully to the announcements. Cecille listened intently to Ajax’s words gasping and getting creeped out when he revealed his full skeleton form. But from what Ajax was saying that if evil would ever arise again then Cecille and the others can use her powers to save the world like heroes! Cecille started to regain her passion even more so and became more excited when she finished hearing the story and then hearing the announcement of the fighting tournament. Cecille nodded, getting pumped up for the upcoming fighting tournament as her fighting spirit burned within her. It would be a chance to show everyone her skills and to prove she isn’t some weak bragging midget girl. “Wow this school is so exciting it’s like I’m in paradise, it’s so cool! ” she said out loud with her eyes twinkling with delight. "Can I go first?" she said towards the headmaster waving her arms in the air.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Arenaside
-Huan-Yue-

Mr. Riftweaver’s tale was a sad one. He had lost his family to war, and to prevent it from ever happening again he took the spirit of the conqueror into his own body. The girl had to look away when the old teacher revealed his true skeletal form. She simply pretended to be distracted by the booming sound of foul language emanating from across the auditorium. Grand magic and centuries old teachers she could accept, but even that was too much even if she had had a taste of it when Ajax had ripped his face of earlier. Even the Headmaster himself was saddened by the tale. It would not surprise her if he had been there to see each event unfold. Perhaps this is what her people had begun training for so many years ago. They were to aid the elementalists should the corrupted should resurrect their plans and go to war once again. There had been so few elementalists among their number. This must also be why such things had been forgotten. It was a shame that they had. The Academy was their primary aim now, not that it wasn’t a honorable and prestigious goal.

Like her short acquaintance Huan-Yue’s eyes lit up at the prospect of a battle with her fellow students. The fervor on her face only intensified when the auditorium metamorphosed into a grand arena. Finally she could show the teachers what she was capable of, and claim her first victory was well. Looking around, some of the other students were less than happy about having to fight. What did they expect when invited to learn to harness their elemental powers here at the Academy? Naturally it was Cecille who jumped at the chance to fight first even as others were asking what the rules were. To Huan-Yue it didn’t much matter. She would fight and she would win.

Teacher’s Box
-Gideon-

Not long after the auditorium shifted into the usual shape of the arena, a large bald man dressed simply in brown pants, white shirt and a red vest joined his fellows in the teacher’s seats overlooking the arena. There the first years would demonstrate their strengths and reveal where their weaknesses lie. More would be revealed in battle than in their reactions to the antics of the others. Gideon, the Earth teacher, was rarely if ever amused by their antics. Minerva and Adam had already arrived. “What of the first years?” He asked taking a seat. “Do they show any promise?”

Postby Soul » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:55 am

-Ashley-

As the students were led into the auditorium, Ashley stayed close to Hisui, still examining her body for some sort of ectoplasmic residue somewhere on the girl. After a few moments Ashley gave up and continued to follow a few steps behind Hisui. As the group of students walked through the school she began looking around, her eyes wide with amazement, and not exactly paying attention to the other students.

Upon entering the auditorium Ashley almost immediately followed Hisui and sat next to her, removing her shotgun from her back and placing the large burlap sack she had been carrying with her down onto the ground. "Woooooow," the girl breathed as she rotated her head three hundred and sixty degrees so she could see the entire auditorium.

"This place is pretty neat huh?" she said looking over to Hisui with a big smile on her face. When Ajax began to speak Ashley began to focus her attention on him. But as he began to strip she recoiled slightly with a scoff, "Eww! He looks like a Deadite from Army of Darkness!" Ashley tuned out the rest of Ajax's speech as she stared at him, amazed by his current physical state.

She only began to pay attention when the headmaster began speaking. "Oh boy! A tournament, its gunna be fuuuuuun~"

-Victor-

Victor followed in the back of the group watching the rest of the students as he had been doing before. He stood in the back of the auditorium with his back against the wall and his arms folded. The young boy seemed relatively calm until Ajax began to undress himself; in which Victor soon found himself having a hard time not to vomit. "That looks nothing less than monstrous," he said quietly, with pity in his voice. He shrugged and shook off the nauseous feeling and continued to listen to Ajax's sad tale, staring at the floor as he did so.

When the headmaster spoke up about a tournament, Victor smirked. "Finally a chance to test my skills. Hopefully I'll have an edge with all the years I've been practicing." Victor unsheathed his flamberge and set the tip of the blade down in front of him, leaning on the regal blade as he continued to listen to the elder speak.

-Mythcaran-

Mythcaran took a seat in the teacher's area of the auditorium. Remaining unsually quiet the wind teacher took the best seat he could to see the physical capabilities of the students. He quickly pulled back his hood for better visibility. His silver hair flowed out of his hood and spilled down onto his back; a grin spreading across his face.

"Hopefully these kids got some fight in them yeah?" he said aloud to the other teachers around him. It was clear that Mythcaran was growing excited to see what his future students can do.

Postby Karo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:36 am

~Amanda & Amber~

The twins frowned as their teacher walked off, ignoring them completely in the process. Then they realized that they had done almost the same thing to Gen when they had tried to cheer up their master. Slowly they turned back to Gen, matching smiles on their face. "Then you shouldn't sleep in front of the stairs, silly puppy!" As they spoke they began to laugh, until they heard a couple explosions resound from the training grounds. Then they just looked at each other, and took off running. It took them a few minutes, but once they reached the training yard they skidded to a halt, looking around for their friend. And it didn't take long to find him. He was with another fire student, teaching her how to throw explosives. Amanda and Amber looked at each other and nodded, it was time to greet Urufu in the new school year. Suddenly a massive amount of snow appeared in midair, cascading down and crushing the boy, leaving him lying in the dirt underneath a mound of the fluffy white stuff, which the twins proceeded to jump into. "Hi there Ururu!" Amber shouted down at the red-haired boy, smiling as she pronounced his name wrong on purpose. Amanda was quiet, creating snowballs from thin air. preparing for the next stage of their greeting.

~Hisui~

Hisui looked over and nodded in response to Ashley's question. "Yeah, it really is. The chairs are really comfortable too." She nestled herself deeper into her chair, looking up quietly as Ajax began his tale, frowning in sadness and unease when he revealed his true form. Then her eyes were drawn to the portraits. They were incredible, speaking volumes in their silence, almost as if they were inviting her to come and sit with them, so that they might share all of their secrets with her. She stared at the paintings for the rest of the speech, only able to tear herself away when the pictures vanished, and the headmaster began to speak again, causing the auditorium to shift, changing into an arena, where they were going to fight each other in front of the teachers. She could hardly say it was that surprising, they had been asked to bring weapons that they were proficient with to school after all. She looked over at Ashley, who seemed very excited, and smiled. "Yeah. It ought to be entertaining, at least. I wonder who we'll have to fight?"
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby SaI » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:46 am

=Johan W.=

From the creepy voice (and the entrance of the brightly colored Rash), to Ajax's long, meaningful, and very much in-depth speech, and of course, the revealing of the arena, Johan couldn't help but find himself a little overwhelmed by all the things that had just happened. And now, they were expected to fight? First years fighting? Kids?

Immediately the memories of his times with late Grandpa Logan came to mind. Of the times where they'd venture far into the snow-covered mountains for the sake of learning how to "survive," across layers of ice that he could feel were too thin. Of the times where he'd be left with bruises because the old man did not hold back as he strained to hold against the seasoned warrior. Then again, he was the one who asked for it in the first place, the 'learning how to survive' remark left him with something a lot of children his age didn't have: a slightly higher resilience to cold, pain, and strain.

That was essentially why he had such a quiet disposition. Had he kept his mouth shut he would have had a semi-normal childhood like his younger siblings. Instead of running to the fresh-water natural well back and forth while trying to keep the water from freezing they were near the heater playing with toy chu-chu trains and teddy bears, or reading picture books while sucking on candies. But then again, it left him with good memories, especially of a tough, but grateful childhood. And now this was what would be the reminder of it. Fighting. With elements.

Unbelievable.

The prospect of fighting did not sit well in his stomach.

He let out a sigh as he looked up with closed eyelids at the ceiling, unsure if he even wanted to watch, inhaling slowly. As he exhaled he let all the anxiety that was once filling up inside release in a single huff, hissing through his nostrils. Most of his emotions dissipated as the air dispersed, but still a tickle was within his gut, and it was still not pleasing. He tugged at the collar of his gray V-neck, realizing how warm it was inside, rolling up his sleeves to his elbows. It was a habit of his too, whenever he began to grow nervous. Even if it was just a tiny bit.

"...this is a bad idea," Johan quietly said beneath his breath, only for Aaron, Ifrit, and anyone else who was by chance close by to hear, "I... just hope that no one is injured... too badly..."
"Curiosity is what killed the cat. Unfortunately: it's got more than one life to spare."

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Musicmac » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:25 am

Helios Felis
Midair Maneuvering

GUUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

After yelling for a few minutes in midair from an ejected seat, Helios rubbed his temples with both his fingers. What sort of grandmother would throw her grandchild out of a jet plane with an ejecting seat? Helios didn't bother with the question in his mind, what was important now was to somehow make a safe landing. Looking around him as the wind continued to lash at his face, he managed to find both his swords still with him.

Wasting no more time, the boy tightened his safety belt and looked for anything that could help him. He had to think quickly or the seat would gain more speed and get to the ground faster. Come on, where is it? He was looking for anything that resembled a button or rope that would perhaps release a parachute for the seat when ejected. Using one arm to grab onto his seat, Helios used his other arm to search around the back of the seat. A small thin belt was felt by his hand. He didn't bother asking himself what it could do and immediately pulled it.

Ptoom, the sound of parachute was heard as it suddenly launched itself from the seat and catching just enough air to stop the seat into a float. Relieved, the boy let out an exasperated groan as he slowly descended towards ground.

When he was almost near landing however, it was clear that fate had other plans for him.

From a distance, Helios noticed something large and black heading towards him in considerable speed. As it got closer, he saw a large black figure with wings and a sharp beak fly above him. It was a bird. The sound of cloth being ripped was suddenly heard as it tore through his parachute. Slowly but steadily, the seat started gaining speed again. Puzzled, Helios looked up at his parachute to see something that made his face turn pale. There was a hole in it.

GUUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Helios yelled again as his seat started to gain speed like before. Luckily for him, the seat crashed itself into the top of a large tree near the school.
Listen.

Postby sam4books » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:57 am

~Adam Singe~

Munching on some popcorn, Adam made a side glance towards Gideon. "Promise? Hardly." he looked on at the students below, unimpressed with most of them thus far. "They do have some guts, I'll give them that. But some are lacking the drive nor the discipline." Sighing, the fire teacher offered Gideon the contents of his bag, "Popcorn? They're fresh." When the wind teacher sat down next to them, commenting on his hopes for a good fight, he could not help but laugh, "Hopefully" he repeated. "I don't want to force any students to fight each other now." With that he popped another piece of popcorn into his mouth, biting onto it with an audible "crunch".
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Akaine » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:50 am

Minerva Hitaome: Oh no he didn't.

As Adam Singe sat down next to her, she looked over, and then noticed the aroma of popcorn. 'What a bitch.' She now cursed inwardly that she forgot her popcorn,'GUHHHHHH what the fuck. Now I really want popcorn. Asshat.' She continued her little internal rage-fest until she decided that enough was enough. Flaring her nostrils slightly, her lips barely pouted( she didn't know she did this, if she did she might have died from embarrassment), and turned back to the tournament.

As Gideon sat down, she didn't turn, but heard his questions. Snorting, she replied, "Of course not. Fresh meat showing promise? PAH." And then Mythcaran joined their little hodgepodge teacher group, and she almost laughed. "They're too domesticated to show any real fight yet." She leaned back in her chair, and switched her crossed legs, and then she heard it: the crunching of popcorn. "Son of a bitch." She said, out loud this time, narrowing her teal eyes while sending her piercing gaze out at the audience...and then he offered popcorn to Gideon of all people! Now she was getting hungry, god-dammnit.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby sam4books » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:12 pm

~Adam Singe: Oh yes I did~

Adam smirked when he heard the blood teacher swear. It was so easy to make her angry, it was almost funny. How could he resist such an easy target? Even though it often led to less than desired situations between them both, Adam always enjoyed teasing and joking with his coworkers now and then despite some lack of humor. Besides, Minerva actually looked a bit cute when angry. Of course, Adam would never mention this in front of her. "Jealous, are we Minerva?" he said to her with that irritating smile of his. "You know if you asked, I would've given you some of my popcorn, but with that attitude I think don't think I need to give you anything." His eyes were glittering with amusement,he hung the bag in Gideon's direction in case he wanted any, far from Minerva's reach. "If you want it so bad, you're going to have to steal it from me."
In passing

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Teacher’s Box
-Gideon-

“Hmm…” He hummed in response to Adam and Minerva’s complaints about the students. They were to be expected “The battles have yet to start. Perhaps they will surprise you.” Such a thing was always possible. If not, the teachers never failed to get their students into shape. “I do not wish to see the first years fight either before they are prepared.” He looked out to the students as they awaited their battles.
“Yet they will survive.”

“No, thank you.” He said to the popcorn, not wanting any. He raised an eyebrow at both Minerva and Adam. It wasn’t just the students who behaved childishly at the Academy. Now Adam was taunting Minerva over some popcorn she was too proud to simply ask for. “There is no need for that.” He said flatly. “There will be more popcorn in the cafeteria if you wish to have some Minerva.”

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing