Pokemon: Shadow Tourniment IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Pokemon: Shadow Tourniment IC

Postby Garethcool » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Sam Ghyslain -Singing makes me happy, what about you?

Sam rubbed her head slowly, staring at the sky. She had been lying on the ground for around fifteen minutes, listening as people continued their day, walking around the OBVIOUSLY distressed girl lying on the ground. She sighed and got up, looking around. Nothing stood out to her, not even any of the people, but being in show business did that to you. She looked down to her side and let out a shriek of terror. Three of her pokeballs were missing, not only the pokeballs, but the pokemon contained therein as well. She checked the three she still had. She smiled a little bit. Her three male counterparts were still there. C Sharp, Retto, and Samba. She spun around slowly, looking for anything overly 'important', but didn't see anything other than the pokemon center. She tapped her chin thoughtfully, but then remembered that she rarely fought with her pokemon.

Sam jumped as the announcement went off and her name was mentioned. She jumped happily "Yay! They've finally realized my musical genius and are rewarding me!" She danced for a moment, singing to herself. She took a few deep breaths and spoke once more, this time in a rhythmic tone "Alright Sam. You can do this. You were born to sing~!" She struck up a quick walk towards the Science Center, humming gaily.

She stopped outside, tapping her chin again. "So... Do we go in, or do we wait for someone to give me my spotlight?"
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby UniversumProfugus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Rabastan Smirked at Derringerand gave him somewhat of an ironic look. "Droped the bomb huh...you just wont let me keep a low profile now would you" The young man smiled as he took off his Mafia like hat and scratched the back of his head...upon fixing it a bit he put his hat back on and smiled "I wonder when is the beautifull resceptionist goin to atend us, I'd really like to get on with this" Rabastan's seemingly permanent cheerful demeanor changed to a serious one as he llaid against the wall and stared at derringer and those who had begun to gather outside. "You kinda feel it right...the whole thing is strange...how did we appear here, how'd they know our names, and why they took half of our party...i dont like this one bit" He smiled once again cheerfuly and said "Oh well i still think it'l be fun one way or another huh?"
Hiryu: *Hey, when life makes you bitter you tag along with it =3
Hiryu: *Gurl, you freaky

Postby Curley Whirly » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Derringer could feel it. It was something in the air, the buildings, the people even. Something he couldn't pin down. The people are like... shells, husks, not whole... Even the Nurse at the station seemed monotonous, almost parrotlike when she spoke of the Science Center and its "shows." Lucaria's eyes hardened as she broadcast her thoughts to Rabastan as well as Derringer. I agree, the Aura coming from these people is unlike any other I've ever seen. It is incomplete, like there is a piece missing. We'd best be on our guard. Who do you have with you Rabastan? Zangoose at the least, I hope? Yes I do fervently hope...

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:29 pm

-Jeff Moore-

Jeff quickly found the group he was searching for. Most of them appeared to be there. 'At least I won't be last. I wonder if anyone else knows where we are.' he thought as he approached the Science Center. Jeff began to make observations of the people. 'A kid with a Dratini and his friend, seems pretty young. Another with a Lucario, talking to a seeming rich guy with a Luxio, and another guy who was ahead of them all.' he thought as he turned to girl who showed up, a confused look on his face. 'She seems far too happy for this situation. At least that guy over there has the same feeling as me.' he thought as he looked at Zack. 'From what it looks like no one else knows where we are. But I better keep my distance to be safe.' he thought as he walked towards and into the entrance. 'Definately don't have a good feeling about this.'
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby UniversumProfugus » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 am

Rabastan smile was directed at lucaria this time "As i told you before darling Zhang is with me...though i'd rather not take him out right now...might not want some honour dispute to erupt...haha" he then looked at derringer. "you already know Pan, he's always with me no matter what...and other than that I have Vera with me..you remember my buneary right? well she evolved, really good girl...just a bit too friendly" He coughed a bit "its...slightly problematic...I also had with me a Dusknoir and a Seviper much to Zhang's displeasure hahahaha...and a little surprice that i caught on my trips over Kanto. I was hoping to show you when we would meet again, but those 3 are among my missing pokeballs he looked outside at the people it sure was taking them a while to come in.

Postby Curley Whirly » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Derringer absentmindedly fingered the three empty slots in his belt, and Lucaria's gaze softened as she glanced at him. Hariyama, Hypno, and Flygon are all missing. I got lucky though, with Kabutops and Raichu still with me, besides Lucaria. Derringer opened his hand, revealing the two shrunk Pokeballs containing Kabutops and Raichu. I haven't had them out to check if they're alright, I'll just have to pray they are. He resolutely returned the Pokeballs to his belt and looked out down the street. He sighed, a bit irritated by all these recent events. I am really getting tired of this place. Are we gonna get some answers, or what?

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:47 pm

As the last of the group filed into the entrance of the Science Centre, a woman at a big desk in the front hall looked up, and smiled at them.

“You must be the contest winners! Excellent, please wait one moment, the professor will be with any moment now.”

The woman had the same nasally voice as the woman on the loud speaker, probably the same woman. Turning to her side, she pressed a button on a nearby keyboard, and smiled.

“Professor, the contest winners are here.”

She then looked back at the group, and smiled sweetly. The interior of the building was giant, walls painted all different colors, statues of pokemon all around, and a flight of stairs leading directly upward. After a few moments, a figure dressed in white appeared on the stair well. I young man, with jet black hair, glasses, and a white lab coat. He had a clip board in his hand, and a looked over the group with piercing blue eyes. After a moment or so, he smiled.

“Ah, welcome. I’m sorry I kept you waiting, I had to finish the final adjustments for the presentation. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Professor Leonardo Van, but please call me Professor Van, or even Professor Leonardo if you like. Now, are there any question before we start the presentation?”

Unlike many of the people in this city, Professor Van seemed…more there, and it was quite noticeable, whether it was his eyes, his smile, or just the way he presented himself, Professor Van was defiantly different from the other people.

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby darkshark » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:49 pm

-Josh, what the hell kinda dream...-

"Owwww. Goliath, how did..."

I should put his ball away more carefully next time. It must have fallen off my nightstand. Lesse. Where's his...Where's my nightstand? The hell? Josh propped himself up onto his elbows, dazed and confused. He tried to get rid of his drowsiness by rubbing his eyes and shaking his head, his general morning routine. However, the latter was far from the best idea, thanks to the very gentle, soothing smack to the head delivered by the sweet Slaking at his side.

"Ah, God. You really couldn't have grabbed my shoulders and shaken me awake or something?"
*grunt*
"You probably would've given me shaken baby syndrome anyway. All right, whatever. Where are we?"
*'i'unno' grunt*
"Thanks for the help, Kong."

With that, he gingerly sat up, and then slowly uncurled himself. Once standing, he stretched himself out. After that, he was a little more on the ball, and he realized he was in unknown surroundings after just having blacked out. So, as a start, he went through an inventory check. For one, he was fully dressed in his favorite outfit, his long black trenchcoat concealing his Poke Balls, his wallet, and his knife. However, he was missing the other three members of his party. He checked every pocket in his pants and coat, but they were definitely gone. The other three were on his belt still, meaning that they hadn't just fallen off, someone had taken them off. He wasn't sure if it was dumb luck or something else, but he had been left with the three he was closest with.
How did they know?...More importantly, who's they?
And then, as if someone was reading his mind, there was an announcement calling his name and a bunch of others to something called the "Science Center."
"Well, at least Tarzan's not alone. Come on, Cheetah. Let's go meet Jane."
*grunt*

Upon arrival, he found out, through Holmesian powers of deduction, a few things: one, that it was actually Science Centre, written in the British style. What that meant, he had no idea, maybe it was a clue to where he was. Two, most of the other people here, all trainers, had already met and were already there, meaning he'd have to be the new guy and form a part of the group before it was too late. Looks like I'll have to put the nice face on. And three, Britain, Australia, Oz, wherever this was, this was definitely not Kansas anymore. Everything from the place itself to the people was weird. The man that had organized them definitely had a je ne sais quoi about him. But hey. He asked if there were questions. Let's see if he'll give answers.

"Yeah, question, right here! First of all, hi, everyone, I'm Josh." And I'm an alcoholic, he joked to himself. "So. Where are we? The Science Centre, in....?" He motioned to his surroundings, trying to make his confusion apparent, and maybe gain some support along the way.
buh

Postby Rough Giraffe » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:14 am

The grogginess he felt was bumped in his mind. He groaned and there was a high-pitched squeal in his ear. "Ugh... Seraph... were we up late again last night?" Only there was no bright light behind his eyelids, and he didn't really want to get up just yet. His Eevee, Seraph, once again nudged the side of his head and squealed into his ear. The cries were panicked. "Augh! Okay, okay, I'm up. What's the ma--" As Brian sat up and rubbed his face, he opened his eyes and stopped altogether.

Where were they? Shadows everywhere...

"Oooooh-kay?" This was new. How did they get here? He retraced the timeline in his head. He was walking down... route 102? Or was it 12? Well, anyway, he was walking, and saw some strange pokemon that the pokedex didn't have listed... He sent out Seraph to battle it and it used some kind of weird wave... that was the last thing he remembered.

He glanced at Seraph, who was now nudging his right belt loop and looking up at him expectantly. Without really thinking about it, he put his hand where Seraph had put his nose and felt the three pokeballs at his hip.

Three pokeballs. Something was wrong with that, but what...?

He blinked. He looked at Seraph, who whined sadly.

Three... pokeballs.

THREE?!

Brian looked around frantically. Where were they? The rest of his pokemon were gone! Had he been robbed? But why would they leave him with three? Why not take all of them? So had he lost them? Was he missing anything else? He noticed his bag was still there and rooted through it in a panic. He checked and double-checked, but nothing else he remembered being in there seemed to be missing.

He stood up, thinking perhaps that if he did, they'd magically reappear, but they didn't. They were just gone.

He fell to his knees. He could feel the tears seeping forth behind his eyeballs, making his eyes damp. He'd never lost anyone before. He didn't think he even had any dead relatives. Where had his pokemon gone? Were they okay? What was going on? Who was that little V-shaped pokemon?

Seraph nudged the side of his knee, nuzzling up to him sympathetically. He reached down automatically and stroked the side of her neck and let out a long sigh. It was a terrible situation.

He perked up his ears as he heard the familiar tone over the loudspeaker to get the attention of the public.

“Would the following people please report to the Science Centre located in the middle of the City: Severus Hale, Pau Momoshi, Lemres Topaz, Derringer Hawkings, Zackary Lysine, Sam Ghyslain, Rebastan Lane, Jeff Moore, and Brian O'Reily. As our big contest winners, you get a very exclusive viewing of our grand show. Please head to the Science Centre straight away. Thank you, and have a good day.”

Contest? Had he entered a contest? Was he going to win something special, like, his three missing pokemon?

He sighed again. Sitting here like a lump wasn't going to help any. He took Seraph into his arms, nuzzled her against his cheek and then set her down so he could stand up. As she walked around his feet expectantly, he checked the remaining two pokeballs. Cobalt... and Zen. His Riolu and Absol, respectively.

He sighed one more time. At least he had three of his best friends with him. He tried not to think about it and made his way towards the science center.

He forgot that he had never even been in this place before and got himself lost. He was looking around for about five minutes before getting directions to the Center, and finally made his way through the automatic sliding doors. There was already a huge group there, and the local Professor seemed to be greeting them enthusiastically.

Looks like everyone's here, he thought to himself. "Hey, sorry I'm late, couldn't find the place." The Science Center was grand, and he stared around at it in amazement. Seraph was hiding behind one of his legs, looking at the other pokemon and trainers cautiously. He pondered briefly if he should be cautious right now, as well.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Keiran » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:51 am

"I have a question," the fifteen year old said, after following Pau through the crowd. "A couple actually." He moved slightly behind Pau and Draconis laid his head ontop of Sevvie's to comfort the boy. "Where are we? What contest and who are you?"

Postby Glacier » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:49 am

Zack went about admiring the splendor that was the Science Centre in quiet. He took notice of the people filing in and those already there along with all the grandness to be found throughout the building. He over head someones conversation with a friend and something about missing Pokemon came up. Upon further inspection of some of the other trainers there he could clearly see he wasn't the only one missing a full party. Things finally seemed to be getting underway as the attendant summoned the Professor, the guy who appeared to be the proprietor for this contest they'd apparently won. Some guy showed up in the typical lab coat get up to greet them as one might expect of to see at any Institution of Advanced Research and Development. There was something about the guy that seemed out of place here; he just seemed different from the other people in town somehow.

The Professor, Leonardo Van as he called himself, proceeded with an introduction, but before getting into the presentation they had prepared for them, the prof asked the group if they had any questions. Of course they had questions, and the first few asked seemed to be on most peoples minds around here, including his own. "Yeah, pretty much what they said and another thing. Have there been any thefts of Pokemon going on around town or something?" he asked.

Postby UniversumProfugus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 pm

"Last but not least" Rabastan said after he chuckled at the alcoholic joke.
"How is that you know of our identities I for instance did not cheked in as i arrived at the city" He said keeping details such as the fact he and the others just sudenly just woke up in the city. He did not wanted to cause any distress and preffered a more subtle aproach..."I would also like some vriefing about this award...You know i dont expect it to be any different from Going to the theatre and get handled some program guide about the play" He spoke calmly with a heart melting smile and sounding casual.

Postby Ryute » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:03 am

Ignoring the commoner’s rude statement he continued to search for an entrance. Much time passed as it seemed like more people entered the science center the normal way. Lemres gave up and had to swallow his pride to make himself step foot inside the building the normal way. Inside was a bit more low class than he expected. He thought the design scheme was all wrong and that the walls looked like some child finger painted them. While people without money would be in awestruck Lemres had seen better and more sophisticated buildings. Walking past the receptionist he saw a lot of people gathered in front of the stairwell. Not wanting to wait in the back like a commoner, he rudely shoved everyone in front of him out of the way saying, “Pardon me coming through…out of my way!” getting more frustrated and giving a soul piercing glare as he went past Rabastan as well as a revenge shove. Making his way to the front of the pack he said in a pompous way to the professor, “I am here to grace you all with my presence…I don’t understand how these commoners won this contest but I assure you I am a far better candidate then they are. Now I demand my prize! I must be on my way soon since I am a very busy man!” Lemres wasn't thinking of the obvious questions his mind bent on proving that he was the best and better than everyone else. His luxio could do nothing but hope that his master’s words wouldn’t spark too much conflict as he looked back carefully watching everyone's faces.

Postby Musicmac » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:23 am

Karasu Tsukikage - Soulless Place

==================================================
Dreamless dorm, Ticking clock,
I walk away from the soundless room,
Windless night, Moonlight melts,
My ghostly shadow to the lukewarm gloom,
Nightly dance of bleeding sword,
Reminds me that I still live,

Click. Click. Click.

The sounds of clicking were heard as the slender fingers of a photographer moved gracefully to adjust the dials and lens of a fuchsia-colored device, a camera with twin lenses. A rarity in today's world of pictures and negatives. Odd really that such a device belonged to Karasu. Looking in front of him, he could see a little girl holding to a small white balloon while walking alongside her mother. With a crouch, the photographer leveled the camera's view just enough to capture the child.

Click. Click. Click.

The balloon suddenly freed itself from the child's grasp and flew away into the sky just when Karasu had landed his finger on the switch.

Snap. Snap. Snap.

The snapping sounds echoed all around as he took multiple pictures of the little girl in the camera's shutters.

Voiceless town, Tapping feet,
I clench my fist in pockets tight,
Far in mist a tower waits,
Like a merciless tomb, devouring the moonlight,

Oddly enough, the little girl continued walking alongside her mother as if she still had the balloon with her. Walking away from the street and having decided not to pay any attention to what just happened, Karasu made his way towards a nearby and conveniently placed photography shop to develop his photos.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

"Welcome to the Photography Shop, sir!", a young man dressed in a colorful uniform said from behind a counter.

Without any response, Karasu took out the rolls of film from his camera and backpack, placed it on the counter and sat down on a nearby bench. The 35mm photos were developed quickly and kept into a pocket by Karasu before paying a little money and exiting the shop. Walking into a nearby alley, the boy took out the photos and went through them, one by one. All of these photos were going through a process, thrown onto the floor if he didn't like them and kept in his hands if they were considered worthy.

Plak. Plak. Plak.

The photos dropped down to the cold hard floor as Karasu slowly went through them, his face expressing more dissatisfaction as he continued further down the batch of pictures in his hands. When all of them had dropped onto the floor, he picked them up and looked up towards the cold, gray and silent buildings.

This world was dead.

Clockwork maze, End unknown,
In frozen time a staircase stands,
Shadows crawl on bloodstained floor,
I rush straight ahead with a sword in hands,
Cold touch of my trembling gun,
I close my eyes to hear you breathe,

The photos, all of them, were either out of focus or blurred to the point that nothing made sense. Even the picture of the child was horrible, blurry, out of focus, exposed to too much light and worse of all, the mother of the child was nowhere to be seen in the picture for some reason, as if she never existed in the first place.

It was as if Karasu's pictures couldn't catch anything here, if there was even anything to catch in the beginning that is. The pictures were all dumped into a small trashcan before Karasu left the alley and heard the announcement regarding the 'contest winners'. Contest? He never remembered entering one in the first place. The only thing he still remembered before he got here was seeing that unknown Pokemon with the V-shaped ears.

I will shrug the pain,
And run 'til I see the sunlight again,
Oh, I will run burning all regret and dread,
And I will face the sun with pride of the living,

Taking the three Pokeballs that were attached to his waist, he saw that his three remaining partners were as eager as he was to know more about the place. Wasting no time, Karasu made his way towards and into the Science Center. Maybe there, he would finally know a little more about why he had suddenly arrived at such a place.

After all, he couldn't be the only one with a soul in this place.
Listen.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:23 am

Brian was lurched to the side as some snob gracelessly shoved him out of the way so he could go to the front. "Hey--!" Beside his ankles, Seraph jumped out of the way at the last second with a startled yip. Brian turned his head, eyes wide with consternation, to the newcomer who hadn't even introduced himself and was making all sorts of ridiculous demands. His attire, and his tone, suggested that he was the sort of person who though himself as the ONLY person in the world worthy of anything; the kind of child who thought he could wield power simply because he wished it.

So with this in mind, he walked around the crowd towards the young lad and the Professor. "Actually, the ugly snob has a point," he said with a kind of bitter casualty, neither stressing the insult he mixed in nor speaking louder than he needed for them all to hear what he was saying. "That prize is the only reason why we're here, isn't it? I mean, like me, I'm sure we're all in a very strange place... the kind of place where everything we know is somehow skewed and influence in the world doesn't mean diddly squat." He was standing in front of the spoiled brat now, glaring at him sternly with arms crossed. "It's the kind of world where we're all insignificant gnats, where we can't use the 'I'm better than him cuz I have rich parents' excuse to get by. This is the kind of world where you don't matter." The words he said before were all calm, hardly a tone of sarcasm or irony, but the last three words were stressed and emphasized so it was obvious that it was a direct affront. "But don't take my word for it," he said, rolling his eyes, and turning to the group of kids gathered in the lobby. "What do you guys say we make this upstart our leader, since he's already gone so far to tell us that he's so much more important than the rest of us 'commoners?' Sound like a plan?"

Behind him, Seraph had her ears turned down in concern, restlessly shifting on her front paws as she stared up at Brian and at the other boy's Luxio uncertainly.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby UniversumProfugus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 am

Rabastan smiled as the kid obviously detoured to push him in revenge as he was laying against the wall far from everyone else, He chcuked as the other kid spoke out his opinions and he then walked besides him and gave him a suporting smile then looked at the other "I completely agree with him, since none of us really matter except him we should make him our leader...A leader's job is stress full and hard!, you'l have to put everyone's needs ahead of yours no mtter how insignificant we may be compared to you o'great lord, but over all i am certain he will do a great job he has the charm for any social confrotation like this to certainly go...awry" Rabastant pat Brian's back and gave him a meaningfull glance as if saying "lets leave the idiot to his deliriums of greatness and ignore him"

Postby Glacier » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:42 am

Zack noticed the pompous youngster entering the building and successfully judging a book by its cover as he saw him outside, he moved out of the kids way as he forced himself a pathway through the crowd and started making assumptions and demands based on his social status. Zack knew the type all too well, half his family was like that. He simply watched in disappointment saying: "Someone shut the pompous little ass up. He gives rich people a bad name." "Oh how some stereotypes shine true." he thought as he shook his head.

When the other kid walked up he looked on in interest, he half expect a fight to break out as the kid went out of his way to shove one of the guys and the other almost had his Eevee trampled as the rich kid forced the first to approach him and the professor out of the way. They had some choice words to share with him, not that he'd actually care what they had to say, but there would be a reality check in store for the kid at some point in his life. They suggested appointing the kid their leader of some sort, proposing reverse psychology to fix the problem and looked to the crowd for support. It all seemed rather childish to him, and they were trainers. He would make alliances and friends, but where they suggesting a guild of trainers consisting of the people in this room and that guy as their leader. Their was a certain freedom and individuality to being a trainer, and part of the reason he loved the path he'd chosen. If anyone was going to lead him, they'd have to beat him first.

Postby Keiran » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Sevvie watched the exchange and walked to Lemres, pulling Pau gently with him, still listening for the answer from the announcer, Professor Van. Calmly he tapped, Lemres’ shoulder and spoke softly, showing his blue and yellow eye to the older brunette, “Excuse me, Topaz,” he said easily, “But what makes you better than us? Are you a better trainer? Do you know something we don’t?” He smiled calmly and continued, cutting off what the older boy was going to say. “I don’t believe you are better than me, but at the same time, I don’t think I am better than you. I think the thing that is important is our connection with our Pokemon. Your Luxio seems to really care about you; maybe you should listen to him more. He probably cares for a reason.” He paused and said suddenly, “Um, I’m Severus, by the way, but I prefer to be called Sevvie.”

Postby Musicmac » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Karasu Tsukikage

Click. Click. Click.
Snap. Snap. Snap.

As the other strangers continued on with their arguments and debates, Karasu simply continued on with his work as a photographer from one of the Pokemon statues which he was slightly leaning on, a position close enough for him to take pictures and far enough to avoid trouble. A snapping sound was heard as he took the pictures of everyone in the place, starting with a young boy who decided to side against a snobby character along with some others. He said his name was Severus, Sewie for short.

Click. Click. Click.
Snap. Snap. Snap.

The next one was a young-looking boy with hair colored in a mix of red and black. The boy was... peculiar when Karasu was going to take his picture. He was certain that he felt, something from him but was unsure what it really was.

Click. Click. Click.
Snap. Snap. Snap.

After that was the pompous brat who called himself Topaz and regarded his own self as being higher than others in the group. With such an ego, Karasu was surprised that his head didn't explode from all the hot air. Next up was a much older character who had apparently somewhat decided to go against Topaz with some sort of reverse psychology. The boy found him interesting, it wasn't often that you found an older man dressed up like a military junkie scolding off another child who was younger.

Click. Click. Click.
Snap. Snap. Snap.

A new roll of film was inserted after taking pictures of Rabastan and Zackary who seemed like good enough people to at least support the others in going against Topaz and his outrageous head full of himself.
Listen.

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:27 pm

-Jeff Moore-

Jeff stood quitely by himself near a wall when the professor finally was called in to greet them. He was near Rabastan, but obviously Rabastan didn't notice or didn't care, either way it made no difference to Jeff. He listened intently to the Professor, Leonardo Van apparently, and almost spoke up when he asked if there were any questions. A few that Jeff had managed to be asked already, where they were, what was this contest, where are their pokemon, how do they know their names, all good questions indeed, but there was still one that was bothering him that no one asked.

Jeff was ready to ask until one of the others decided to make his way closer towards the man. He quickly shoved his way to the front, demanding the prize be his, only to be followed by a few people who sarcastically suggested they make him the group's leader. 'And people wonder why I prefer Pokemon. Besides, reverse psychology isn't going to work on a nitwit like that. He'll gladly take the position and hold it against them.' he thought as he intention turned to some one behind them, taking pictures of the situation. 'Definately too many people here to be contest winners, but as long as we're asking questions...' he thought as he turned back towards the professor. "I have one more question, professor. Why haven't I seen a single pokemon around here, except for the ones we have? There should at least been some wild Pokemon around here." Pokemon were everywhere in the world, Jeff knew it was nearly impossible to go five minutes without seeing one, which made him even more suspicious.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Nelo Angelo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Professor Van put his hands up to silence everyone.

“Please, please, everyone settle down. I will get to all your questions, if you just all calm down.”

The Professor sighed as he looked over the group again. Clearing his throat, he continued.

“All your questions can be answered together in one simple explanation, although I’m surprised at these questions, to be quite honest with you.”

The Professor took some papers from the clipboard, and handed one each of the trainers. On it was that trainers specific signature, stating that they wished to take part in the contest. After a second, Van continued.

“Now, as for your questions. You are in Shade city, one of the largest cities in the Shadow Region, dwarfed only by two others. The contest you signed up for is a special contest that we hold every year, and the prize isn’t something you can take home, but simply a demonstration, and this year is the best one we have had planned for years. You see, the land near the city is rich with fossils, and so we have collected a fossil from every known extinct pokemon, and with the help of some of the latest technology, we are going to revitalize them in their evolved forms. A very special prize indeed, as this is something never attempted before. Now, as for the missing pokemon, I’m sorry but I know nothing about them, and there are no wild pokemon within the city limits, but outside the city, is a different story.”

Professor Van took a breath, and looked around again.

“Any other questions?”

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Musicmac » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:25 pm

"Yes, mind if you stepped to the left a bit?"

Karasu Tsukikage

Karasu walked up to the others and stood with a blank expression on his face as he spoke to the professor. He had called himself Leonardo Van before this but Karasu didn't want to do anything that made him seem like an acquaintance, let alone the possibility of turning into one. Once again, the photographer adjusted his camera and took a picture of the professor, followed by the woman who had made the announcement.

Click. Click. Click.
Snap. Snap. Snap.

After that, he continued his question. "I mean, I don't really want to know why you have our signatures, why we're in this realm of yours, why you make us think that we entered this contest by ourselves, why you know our names, why we are here or even why you make it seem like we came here by our own will. As long as I can take some pictures, I'm fine.", he paused for a while in thought and continued, "Oh yeah, what is this contest?"
Listen.

Postby darkshark » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:08 am

-Josh on roofies-

I'm glad Todd the Photographer over there is happy, but not all of us are that complacent, Josh thought, grimacing to himself. After all, now that the good professor was playing like they all volunteered to be here, something was up for sure. Fossils or not, this shit was bananas. So, with Goliath following, he got a little bit closer to the front of the crowd, where the professor was, being careful not to push anyone to get through. After all, the last thing he needed was to be lumped into a group with the rich douche.
"So. You expect me to believe that, A: I signed this paper entering some sort of contest I know nothing about, even though I nor any of us, I'm sure, have any recollection of doing so, B: You don't know where my other three Pokemon are, even though I woke up in an unknown place which you obviously run, C: There's nothing illegal, sketchy, or just in-general wrong about this "contest," even though we're in a place I've never heard of called the Shadow Region, and D: That you know how to revive extinct Pokemon from fossils? Well, then, let me be the first to call shenanigans here, Professor," he finished, dripping with sarcasm. He looked around at all the other trainers and their Pokemon, and addressed them.
"I don't know about you all, but I want the rest of my team back. So," he turned back to the Professor, "If I voluntarily joined this contest, then I can voluntarily drop out. So if you'll just kindly direct me to my other three Pokemon and the nearest bus station, I'll be on my way."
buh

Postby Glacier » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:16 pm

WIP

Zack listened to the other questions that where brought up by the other trainers and they did make some good points. He listened enthusiastically to what the professor had to say and it all sounded quite interesting. Along his travels in Kanto, he'd heard of research into reviving fossils, but they'd never seen much progress with the methods they'd been using. If reviving an extinct Pokemon was possible, he'd love to see it. Shade city of the Shadow region didn't ring any bells for him, but it was a good enough explanation for him for now. He at least had a name to call this place now. As for his missing Pokemon, he was going to search every inch of this shadow region to find them if he had too. He listened to what some other trainers and a photographer had to say and they made some since in their mini rants, but he had no qualm with seeing this thing through. At the very least he was going to play along until he could find his Pokemon and what was really going on around here.""

Postby Garethcool » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Sam Ghyslain -Singing makes me happy, what about you?

Sam watched as the group bustled around her, nobody taking any notice of her. She frowned a bit and stomped her foot. She stopped stomping her foot as the scientist demanded their attention. She waited for a moment, then spoke "So... This contest is about fossils...?" Sam sighed and covered her face. A light 'blip' came from her right hip and she released C Sharp who quickly landed on her shoulder and rubbed his beak against her cheek. She smiled a bit "Because I'm fairly sure I would never sign up for anything involving fossils..." She stopped, then smiled widely "But if I get a chance to sing, I may stay..."
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing