The Soul Eaters OOC (Signups Closed.)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Soul Eaters OOC (Signups Open, Meisters Please.)

Postby Fell » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Yeah, too much duplication overall.

Postby Regalus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Well compatibility isn't much of an issue, he took the variable soul trait. If he wanted to he could have Captain Crunch be his meister. As for his weapon, I have to agree, it's a little bit too complex for a demon weapon. Though I've encountered claw weapons that double as grappling guns before, adding a machine gun too it; kinda pushes it over the edge. As we speak I'm having a bit of difficulty picturing what it looks like. I suggest you focus on a single weapon for simplicities sake, and if you still want a distance attack as a claw you could just buy a trait that allows you to emit energy slashes. Though that would mean removing the variable soul trait and retooling his personality a bit, unless we take it as a resonance attack. Then again it has been shown in the show that completely different people can be partners. Which tends to be the trend amongst the main characters, but I digress.
Last edited by Regalus on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Name: Paen Rines Nyton

Sex: Male

Country of Origin: Australia

Fighting Style: Paen dodges in and out of combat, using acrobatics to avoid his enemy's attacks and get under or around their guard. He'd rather dodge than block. He uses the style known as destreza. This involves getting around the opponent rather than moving straight at them. However, he ignores some of the 'rules' in favor of moving more instinctively.

Preferred Weapons: Sword. He uses his cloak to bewilder his opponents and to hide his attacks.

Physical Appearance: Paen is a thin youth with tanned skin. He isn't very muscular but is very agile. He has very long legs. His hair color is blue so dark it is almost black. He has startling red eyes. He usually wears shades but pushes them up when talking to someone or in battle. He wears a brown t-shirt that has a uroboros on the front. .The dragon is red but its body changes color gradually until the tail it is eating is blue. He tells everyone that listens that he wears it because of his unlimited ability. He wears loose jeans. His strangest garment is a brown cloak he wears at all times. This also has an uroboros on it.

Partner(s): Petro Zhukov

Trait: When Paen enters a fight, he usually levels his weapon to point it at his opponent and says "I should let you know, you are going to lose this fight." or some variant.

Purchased Skills:

Soul Detection

20 Souls

Remaining Souls: 30

Madness:

I'll probably add more later. I just want to see what you think. I'm on the fence about the uroboros. I'm worried I'll be too much like Black Star.
Last edited by Geomancer on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby QuickSilver » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Baring any changes or misunderstandings, Kougaiji+Sesshomaru sent me a PM asking if I'd partner with him. Sorry Geomancer >.<
Swords and Sorcery

Postby Geomancer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Nice of you to inform me after I make the CS.

Now what?
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Iris » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:51 pm

If you need a partner Geo I can make a CS depending on what you need if you want.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:59 pm

A light sword of some kind would be nice.

GMancer

Postby Nelo Angelo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Hope this is ok, I just need a weapon partner. Anyone need a meister?

Name: Gideon Malvagio

Sex: male

Country of Origin: Italy

Fighting Style: close quarters combat.

Preferred Weapons: swords, but willing to work with any kind of weapon.

Physical Appearance: Gideon has shoulder length black, spiky hair, and extremely pale skin. He stands at 5’10, and is fairly muscular, although so much show that it is obvious when he wears cloths. In terms of cloths, he wears a dark grey long sleeve button up shirt, with white and black stripes, always having the top two buttons undone, revealing a silver necklace shaped like an Egyptian cartouche. Over this shirt, he wears a light grey spring jacket, unzipped, allowing the shirt underneath to be seen. He wears blue jeans, which and frayed and torn at the bottom, and a pair of black shoes, with skulls on the side. The most noticeable thing about Gideon are his eyes. His sclera are black, while his pupils are shaped like pentagrams.

Partner(s):

Purchased Skills: Soul Martial arts

Remaining Souls: 10

Madness: 0

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Iris » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Weapon: Szabla

Name: Petro Zhukov

Sex: Male

Country of Origin: Ukraine

Fighting Style: Petro specializes in fencing techniques yet remains a combat pragmatist, preferring to tire out his opponent and patiently wait for an opening. He is a calm minded fighter who prefers the heat of battle that can only be found when face to face with your foe. Although he generally frowns upon ranged weapons he acknowledges their use but personally refuses to wield them.

Physical Appearance: A fierce and imposing teenager, Petro appearance matches that of the legendary Cossacks, a legacy Petro proudly holds dear to his heart. Coming from a family whose bloodline descends from these warriors it’s no surprise that Petro is considered to be an athlete. He is of average height with a well muscled build, starting from his right eye down to his chin lies a sabre scar which he accidently earned during a sparring match.
He has hazel eyes and simple short brown hair, he often jokes he’d have preferred to have been born with lighter colored eyes to make him look even more imposing. Although he generally wears ‘normal’ clothes he is almost always seen wearing a large traditional Cossack overcoat and a Shashka. The Shashka is a family heirloom that is passed on from generation, much like Petro’s weapon form it appears to be a simple scabbard but on closer inspection several names of previous generations can be seen inscribed, including several names of those outside the family. The guardless hilt is decorated with smooth leather that is easily gripped while the blade itself has retained its edge

Weapon Shape(s): Petro’s weapon form takes the shape of a curved szabla, the hilt is a dull hue of gold while the grip itself appears to be worn leather however the scabbard and the blade itself are in perfect condition. The metal scabbard physically appears to be black in color as to avoid drawing attention and is little in ways of decoration but the blade always appears to be well polished and shines when there is enough light allowing it to reflect off it.

Although he doesn’t exactly change weapon shape but once he is placed into the scabbard Petro can alter the curve, changing it into a straight sword to allow for a sudden change in tactics.

Partner: Paen Rines

Purchased Skills: Weapon Martial Arts (Weapon only): While some weapons use a partial transformation to fight in times of need, Petro simply falls back on his family heirloom.
Cost: 10 souls

Level headed: Petro is a calm and cool fighter even in the heat of battle, constantly remaining aware of his surroundings and any possible opening, he'll advise Paen about any chance he sees. Outside of a fight he is patient with most distruptive personalities, although even he has his limits.
Cost: 5 souls

Remaining Souls: 35

Madness: -None-
Last edited by Iris on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Fell » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Aaaand I think that'll about do it. No more submissions please.

I'll go over everything submitted and form a final list of accepted characters, then we can get started.

You guys keep refining your profiles, and do try to partner up if you don't already have one.

Postby Fell » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Alright, I'm gonna call that done. Anyone who doesn't have a partner, get one, because we've reached the cutoff day.

Re: The Soul Eaters OOC (Signups Closed.)

Postby Nelo Angelo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Fell, as it would seem that everyone already has a partner, can I make a weapon CS to go with my meister?

Postby Fell » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:33 pm

EDIT: Sorry, that seemed rude, didn't realize it was right on this page.

And no, Sorry chum.

Postby Karo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Since Nelo is weaponless, can I make a second character to be his partner?
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Mimic » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:33 am

I am so ready for this to start~ x3

Postby Fell » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 am

Karo wrote:Since Nelo is weaponless, can I make a second character to be his partner?

Didn't accept him either. And I think we have a comfortable number of people at the moment. He DID get in by the deadline, and his profile is acceptable, so if you insist, sure. Otherwise I'd like to get going.

I'll have an opening post up sometime today, so keep an eye out. Your opening posts will be a short narrative sequence in which each of you, individually, will go on a mission with your partner. If your partner is another player, feel free to either write it together, or just post the same events from both perspectives.

This will help me, and the other players, get a handle on what your characters will be like throughout the story.

Postby Archrival » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:21 am

Am I exempt from this?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Fell » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:31 am

You are indeed. Although you may feel free to show us a snatch of your everyday life just for fun.

EDIT: And there! it's up. Forgive me if the setup is a little trite.

The situation is that you're undergoing a routine field examination, which is why you're doing these all at once, with such odd ceremony, where normally you'd just take a job off the bulletin board and get there yourself.

The mission can be anything you feel like writing about. The most common situation is a fetal Kishin that needs disposal. In Soul Eater, these usually take the form of comically monstrous historical "Bad Guys" like Jack the Ripper, Al Capone, or Rasputin.

Take liberties as you feel you should. And have fun!
Last edited by Fell on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Archrival » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:34 am

I could so, I think I'll make Jacobo the chef. Cook me up some mean Gumbo.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Karo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:13 am

I shall have a suitable weapon up later on in the day. Any preference on the form Nelo?
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Nelo Angelo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Not really. I like swords, but as it says in the CS, he's willing to work with anything.

Postby Musicmac » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:13 pm

I posted.
-flails around-
Listen.

Postby Fell » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:10 am

*Stays determinately out of Music's arm-range*

Remember to write out the ENTIRE mission in your opening posts people.

Postby Musicmac » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Edited.
Listen.

Postby Fell » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:46 pm

Funny, if a bit anticlimactic. Everyone else, do try to include a fight scene, kay? :mrgreen:

Oh, a larval Kishin soul would be red.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing