COR: The Dark Ages IC----Land of the Wolves

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 pm

-Jeggred Nalaar-

Jeggred listened intently to Isaak as he spoke, managing to eat the soup and enjoy the tea for the lunch they had as well. Jeggred's attention perked up at the mention of palace guards outside the entrances to the underground. 'Guess the entrances won't be too hard to spot after all, just look for the menicing looking people guarding doorways.' he thought as he took another sip of the tea. The machines also caught his attention, either guardians or minor sewer dwellers were unclear to them, but it caught his attention none-the-less.

Jeggred stopped eating when Issak finished, stating that those who did survive gave detailed descriptions of what was to be had down there. But there was one question plaging his mind about it. Why did they leave? Sure robots, and various hazards were somewhat to blame, but if it was as simple as Isaak claimed, Jeggred doubted these people would leave just because of a few robots or an unprotected fan here or there. 'I doubt he'd answer if I asked.' he thought to himself as he took another sip of tea, before speaking.

"A few hazards, some robots and armed guards at the entrances? Sounds too easy. Then again, that's probably what everyone else said before they met their demise, eh?" Jeggred said, looking at Isaak's barely touched soup and tea before continuing. "Are you sure that's all I'll encounter? Frankly I find it hard to believe the many you sent in after these secreats would be warded off by a few pipes and fans." he said taking another sip of tea.

"If you really want me to get this job done, I suggest you let me in on just about everything you know about that underground. I assume that with these excellent descriptions there might also be a map of some sorts? It would be quite handy to know where I need to go underground after all." he said before taking another spoonful of the declious meal. "And I do believe you still haven't answered my first question." Jeggred said in a reminding tone to Isaak.

Jeggred was starting to get very suspicious of this job. Well, more so than when Isaak started the proposition at least. The whole situation was begining to get a worse and worse feel for him. A random man he just met, leading him to a secluded resturant deep in the back alleys of Mek. Saying he's an investigator, but claiming not to work for any type of government, but inisting he work with criminals, and giving him a job right on the spot. Not to mention the vague descriptions of where he was going, no hint of entry or escape, or even why him. It almost seemed like a trap to him, almost.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Zako » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:29 pm

-Nitori Hydrelend: In Hotel Room...-

Nom nom nom nom went Nitori as she happily ate. However there were questions she needed to answer and Leon probably wasn't able to answer them. Primarily it was crystals...from the way he spoke she figured they had properties. Properties when utilized should prove useful. She must look into this more...already thoughts of potential mechanisms swam in her head.

"I think we should grab a crystal...just for kicks. I think from the way your describing these crystals have power imbued inside them. If they do...then I can tap into it. If they do..."
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby sam4books » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:50 pm

----Meka: Maj's Place----

"Fifteen people went in...only two came out". A long silence followed, within that span of time Isaak finished off his food. The only sounds made were the sounds of slurping and the clinking of silverware. The investigator could tell the man did not trust him. It did not matter much, in fact he did not blame him. After all, this could be potentially dangerous. He drunk the last of his tea, before finally breaking the silence. "Look, we don't have any other information on the situation. If the two survivors know anything about the existence of something else, anything at all, we do not know about it. And perhaps for a good reason. They were lucky they survived at all." He reached into his coat pocket, pulling out a piece of folded paper tightly wrapped by a piece of string. Quickly, he untied the string, unfolding the paper until it revealed a large map of Mek, which looked oddly circular in shape, in the center was a square that could only be the emperor's palace. Drawn just above the square in the leftmost corner was a circle done in ink. There were at least three other circles drawn on the map. One in the Industrial District. One in Old Dusk. And one on the west side of Vendor's Lane. "One of the survivor's provided us these four locations after we found him digging into a pile of trash." Isaak explained, pointing to each of the locations. "He prefers the name 'Mouse', although his real name is Bueno Gomez. He is an expert on tunnels, or so he says, and had been meaning to use the lower levels as a potential place to hide. We asked him to scout out some possible entrances to the nearly impossible underground, but so far he only found these four."

----Meka: The West Side of Vendor's Lane, An Alleyway----

"OWWOOOWWWOWWOOOW!" cried a voice from the inside of the hole in pain. It seemed as if Radia had grabbed something, and that something was clearly not happy. Radia would feel a tug at his grappling gun as the man tried to escape it by pulling it away. The man was clearly not as strong as he was quick. "Get this thing off of me! You snake! You dirty feline!" squeaked the small voice.

----Meka: The Dark Side of Town----

"Oh?" said the man, as he raised an eyebrow. "Is that a no then?" One of his hands slowly reached inside his coat as he said this. If Xavier listened closely he would be able to hear growls coming from around the area. From around the corner? From the roofs? He wouldn't be able to tell. They were snarled, hungry growls that echoed all around him. And as they began, the stranger edged closer, his green eyes twinkling with dark intent.

----Meka: Meka Tribune Company Building----

"That's wonderful!" exclaimed the ginger, taking Alimbur's hand and gave it a rather enthusiastic, yet wobbly shake. His hands were delicate, but Alimbur would tell he was glad to see another potential coworker. He did not see them much, most never visited him in his dark room, others avoided him completely. A new face was always welcome, for him at least. The company could be a bit tough on people, many shied away from he job. He was glad to see that this new face managed to not have her roll of film thrown out like the others. Things like that made his days in the dark room much more dull, so when Alimbur mentioned tagging along with him, he beamed, his face aglow with gladness. "I'm charmed Miss Sang, truly I am. Of course you can come along! Not many people are interested in the happenings of the dark room you know. The smell is too wretched for them, they say. Or it's too dark for them. Or that it is dreadfully boring. They don't understand the wonder that comes with seeing a picture appear right before their eyes." He realized he was probably talking too much and gave Alimbur an apologetic look. "Sorry, I tend to ramble on about nonsense at times. You probably don't care for what I have to say. Let's get those photos develop shall we?"

The Meka Tribune building was, non-surprisingly, a large accommodation. It's designers made sure it was fully equipped for the ever growing newspaper industry. Each reporter has his or her own individual office where they can type up articles on state-of-the-art typewriters. While they did not enter through the employee's lounge they could here the sound of the radio playing the current highlight of the day, a commentary about the arrival of a pirate ship which hid in it a group of heroes who fought off their attackers. "Can you believe some people actually believe they were the pirates?" "I would too, wasn't one of them wearing a polar bear cape?" "Soon to be the next fashion trend in Icilee." "You'd think they'd stop at the sabretooth jacket." "The families of hunters have my best of wishes." "Where do you think he got that cape from anyways?" "I'm telling you he's a pirate." "If anyone, it's that Gypsy woman." "It's usually the beautiful women that are the most deadly of vixens." "Almost as dangerous as my wife's cooking."

Other areas include a printing room with the newest printing press, meeting rooms, and the works. When they arrived at the dark room door Alimbur would notice that unlike other doors it had a circular window, and was deeply indented into the wall. If he were to look through the window, all he would see not a thing but blackness. Secord pulled the door open with some difficulty, revealing what almost looked like a black hole inside. He invited her in with a gesture of his hand, closing the door behind her once she was fully inside. For a moment, it would be as if Alimbur lost all sense of sight, as her eyes was being overwhelmed by the sudden change in lighting. Secord went a head and pulled back what could have been a thick curtain that filled the entire doorway, inviting Alimbur further in. After the curtain was replaced, and Alimbur's eyes began to grow accustomed to this new lighting, she would see that the room was dimly illuminated by a red light. It was large enough to be a small laboratory, with a sink, a table full of individual sinks and bins used for chemicals that were placed in these sinks, and a single enlarger. Above was ropes with drying pictures attached to them with clothes pins. Next to the enlarger was a single chair and surrounding it was plenty of white notes that had their own unique sort of glow against the red light which became more visible the more Alimbur's eyes became more adjusted to the light. To the right, over the sink, was a cabinet which one would assume was where Secord kept his chemicals.

"Well, welcome to to my dark corner of the world. Forgive me if it's too dark, but really, working in semi-darkness isn't all that bad." Secord mentioned, gesturing to the room area around them. He pointed to the table, "The chemicals are already ready, we just need to begin developing your film." The ginger grabbed some tongs from a bin near the sink underneath the cabinets and started unrolling the piece of film. Securing the long ribbon between the tongs, he looked suggestively at the woman. "You're free to try if you want." Secord then placed the film in the devloper and began diluting it in the chemical, watching as slowly but surely, negative images began to form upon its surface.

----Meka: Visitor's Centre----

A nearby attendant spotted Razzim, looking at his coworkers uncertainly before addressing the man firmly. "Sir? Are you a visitor, or are you seeking to become a citizen?" Around Razzim buzzed an orchestra of activity. People of all ages, all cultures, and all paths of life walked to and thro, some in long lines, waiting for entrance into the famed flying city. "If you are an immigrant we ask that you wait in line."
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Nyvyan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:33 am

Razzim Was stunned by the amount of people in this building. It was like this place had become the centre of the world. He recognised people from all cultures, for each nation he had seen on his travels with his tribe. There were so many people, more than he had ever seen congregated in one place before. This was unreal. It made his nervous. The gypsy shuddered slightly, making a note to pull the gloves experimentally, making sure they were firmly on his hands.

For a few moments Razzim didn’t realise he was being spoken to, standing awestruck at the organised chaos of the room. Slowly he started turning to the attendant “Huh?” He mumbled, looking at the man a little gone out. Suddenly his mind was in turmoil. Shit, they’ve singled me out, they think I’m ill or weird or something. They’re going to call the authorities. Gods above I’ve only just got here, I haven’t even done anything yet “I.. err... Oh yes. I mean I’m visiting, for now. I was just wondering about places to stay...” He paused, looking around the room again, only just realising how long one of these queues would take “And where to go to find out about them” He finished, holding back a small sigh at the thought of waiting for so long in this crowded place. It wasn’t comfortable in the slightest. He flashed what he hoped to be an innocent smile at the attendant, trying desperately not to keep adjusting his weight in front of this person.
Fenix13- Now see, that is a prime example of how people in other RP's should be. Bravo Nyvyan, You are the shining symbol of what awesome should be.- Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

Postby Cheesemore » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:47 pm

-Jeggred Nalaar-

Jeggred could tell Isaak was getting more and more irritated as their conversation continued. He didn't blame him, Isaak probably wasn't expecting Jeggred to ask so many questions. Every question he asked was crutial, including the exact number of people who tried. It confimed his suspicions. 'There is definately something else down there that doesn't want them to have this.' he thought during the long pause as he finished his meal just before Isaak had done. 'Definately going to need a little extra something.' he thought as Isaak began to unfold the giant map he had in his pocket.

Jeggred stood up from his seat to get a better look of the map, studying everything he could about it. The areas seemed almost like a patern, one at almost every direction of the city. He studied the areas as well, after all this was the first glimpse of a map of Mek he had seen. "Four entrances is more than enough." he replied, scanning over the map once more, almost completely to memory. "Just two more questions, and these are rather easy." he said to Isaak, still staring at the map. "How will I contact you when I finish?" he said before turning to him with a sly grin. "And where can I find a place that sells items that people don't want me to have?" he said in a happy tone. 'I wish I was home, but at least my collection will grow.' he thought.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:38 pm

{Leon Borren}

_Adventure Time, come and bring your friends_ Streets of Mek

Leon pushed off the ground and let the chair smack down on the ground. " My kind of answer." Leon said with excitement. " Its going to be so much fun. " He commented as he rushed over to a closer. Inside the closet, he opened, hanging on a rack three polar bear capes, six different colored suits, and six pairs of hats. Leon smirked and turned back to the others " What? I sent my stuff ahead of time. " He remarked " I trust my trade routes, more than I do travels routes. Those people are more cunning and cut throat."

As Leon put on his cape, inside the lining for just a moment, one could see a ton of knives. He then donned his blue stripped fedora that matched his suit. " Let's go explore, this city of mystery and mechanical wonderment, shall we?" Leon questioned his little party of a bodyguard and engineer. He stepped outside the door and boarded the elevator as quickly as he could. It wasn't long before Leon was outside the building onto the streets of Mek, the flying city. " Ah man, I'm so excited. I hope someone tries to rob us." He commented.

He looked back at others and apologized " Sorry, my bloodlust takes awhile to cool down." As the excitement from the battle with the pirates still had blood boiling and his heart pumping wildly. However, unlike before, Leon now, was still the oddity that he was when he had first met Nitori and the one, he usually to Mork.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Acktoo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:50 am

[Radia Stelan Evanres, Vendor's Lane: Useless Struggle]

"'Snake?' 'Feline?'" Radia repeated, bemused by his target's insults. The cheese thief tried to move forward through the dark and smelly hole with whatever might he could muster, but it would prove to be a wasted effort. The mechanism in the Sophyian's weapon kicked in and the gun began to reel in its line as scheduled, pulling the smaller man back through the hole as it retracted the grapple (and whatever was attached to it).
Too good for you.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 am

-Meka Tribune Company Building, Darkroom: “The Grand Tour”-

Alimbur beamed back as Mr. Secord shook her hand. He was delightfully awkward and friendly to boot. It was much more than she could say about either Rodanna or Mr. Flavius. “No no no, I don’t mind at all. There is nothing like seeing a picture develop in front of you. It’s even more special when you’ve taken the picture yourself. It comes to life right there and you can finally see if you really got that perfect shot. I understand that feeling completely.” Photography and reporting were Alimbur’s passions and it oozed into her every word. “What kind of reporter would I make anyway if I didn’t listen to what people had to say?” She chuckled. The sights and sounds of the Meka Tribune offices only added to her excitement. If she wasn’t knee deep in the Machine Alimbur would have sworn she had discovered some kind of reporter's paradise. State of the art typewriters chattered away in the reporter’s offices, a radio sounded off it’s presence as two announcers commented on the day’s heroes, meeting rooms adorned the halls, and absolutely pristine printing presses lay silent waiting to run but one of her many pictures on tomorrow morning’s front page. It was enough to make the seasoned reporter absolutely giddy. It was all so familiar and yet so brand new at the same time.

The final stop on Mr. Secord’s impromptu little tour thought the innards of the Meka Tribune was the company darkroom. Alimbur was momentarily blinded as she stepped inside behind Secord. Soon enough, her eyes adjusted to the dim red light. It provided only the briefest illumination to protect the precious rolls of film that would come through here daily. The room was awash with the smell of chemicals but it wasn’t all that bad. Either that or she had grown used to it by now. Alimbur chuckled again listening to Secord. “There’s no need to worry about the darkness. Now if it were too light in here, then you’d better start begging forgiveness.” Even speaking in jest there was poignancy in her last statement. She meant it absolutely. “Really? Thank you, don’t mind if I do.” The reporter relished the chance to work on her own photos and jumped at the chance to do so. She took to it quickly; Secord would easily pick up on the fact that Alimbur was old hat at the whole development process.

“So what can you tell me about the other people who work around here.” She asked inquisitively, wondering just how much a man like Secord would know. “I’ve already met Mr. Flavious, and a Ms. Rodanna and her assistant Theo. Haven’t been able to talk to her much though. We met earlier today when she made an offer on these photos of mine.” Alimbur was glad this had been going so well. Flavious was still willing to look at her photos even though they hadn’t been developed yet, she was able to discern the basic layout of the Tribune building, and best of all she was making fast friends with one of if not the only man working in the dark room. That was especially useful. With steady access to the dark room she could develop her own pictures when necessary and keep tabs on what all the other reporters and photographers were working on. That way she could keep one step ahead of everyone else. No one else visited, and few would think much of the new girl hanging around. If someone did… she would deal with that, if and when it happened.

Postby sam4books » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:16 pm

----Meka: The Streets, Outside the Hotel----

'They're gonna kill me, they're gonna kill me, they're gonna kill me, they're gonna....' A pale, frail man with dark brown hair thought as he slipped between two ladies going to the market. Paranoid, most definitely paranoid. Or scheming? He was looking for something. Something worthwhile. 'Can't let them kill me.' A crime? was that what he needed? Some quick cash? Maybe.

Around the corner he found what he was looking for, what seemed to be a man with some money in his pockets. Only problem was, he had a bodyguard. The man ducked behind two other men who were talking amongst themselves, and pretended to peer through a store's window. In the window's reflection he still stared at the trio. He looked to his pockets for some help, but found nothing but a gun. He guessed he could use it, but he hated using it in this way. Too dangerous...but there was no other choice. 'They're gonna kill me!'

Near the trio, a street lamp made a sound so out of the ordinary you would have to wonder whether it was bolted to the ground correctly. It wasn't. Not anymore. With a violent creek the street lamp fell, or seemed to fell. It actually had more of a "swing to it". A vertical swing. Ever so slightly. And it was aiming for the Ork. There was something weird about it.

It's metal was melting.

----Meka: The West Side of Vendor's Lane, An Alleyway----

The being that Radia managed to reel out from the hole was...rather like a rodent in appearance. In fact, he was more of a rodent than human. His face, it was horribly deformed with a massive overbite and rather large forehead. Sticking out of his mouth was two white buck teeth. His nose was upturned and pointed at the end, neatly placed between two beady little eyes. Underneath his nose was a whiskery mustache. It would seem as if his eyes were mostly black but upon closer exception they were actually brown but he had rather large pupils. Along with the pointed nose, his ears were also slightly pointed. And his hair, oh his hair. While it appeared as if he was in his late twenties some spots on his scalp were already beginning to bald, leaving patches in his mousy brown hair. And yet despite his ratty appearance, the man was also entirely human.

The deformed creatured hissed savagely at the wealthy man, clawing at him with his sharp black claws. "I said, get this thing off me!" he repeated. From underneath his tattered shirt, a roll of cheese fell to the floor. It still looked nice and fresh despite the fact the thief was inside a filthy hole just early, and still edible. "What did I ever do to you?"

----Meka: Maj's Place----

To answer Jeggred's next pair of questions, Isaak took out what looked like a stamp. Only, it had no pattern on it, no picture, no numbers, nothing. It was as clear as snow. The investigator was keen to change that. And in order to do so he scratched it. A symbol appeared in what can be described as a burning red glow. Then, after a few seconds, it turned an icy blue. Eventually...the symbol disappeared.

"You may not understand what happened just now" Isaak explained, "But that stamp just created a feeling of intense heat followed by the feeling of intense cold. It does not exactly effect your body temperature mind you but the feeling is there. It was developed by an alchemist who was experimenting with heat. We took it as our own. All you have to do is give it a scratch and I or any other member of the Sulumbry will come and find you. Mainly me. Your aura is not hard to forget after all." He gave a wink and pointed to a spot down Vendor's Lane on the map. Jeggred would notice it wasn't that far from where they were.

"There's a warehouse north of here, on the east side" he told him. "It's quite small, and hasn't been used too much by anyone. There's an alleyway that passes through that warehouse, and down that alley way you'll notice a sewer entrance next to a wall, shaped like a square. Knock on that nine times, and tell them that you're running from the iron man. They'll ask you 'for what reason?' and you answer 'he wants my heart' before informing them that you have no heart. Make sure you have money on you unless you want to kicked out with a few bruises. Depending on how rare the thing you want to get is. But they should have everything you need."

----Meka: Visitor's Centre----

The attendant eyed the strange man, but then shrugged. The fellow was probably not use to the area. He gave Razzim a reassuring smile, noticing that the gypsy was awestruck by his surroundings. "Oh yes, we have the Skyline Hotel, for those who want to enjoy a luxurious stay, which is right next to the five star Mekian restaurant, Four Corners. Adams Mark Hotel, a favorite for tourists. The Golden Inn in in the Old Dusk district is a nice and cozy provider of comfort. And finally there is Rignut Inn for those who need a quick place to stay in. And while you're visiting may I inform you of the Cloud Carnival that will be here tomorrow and all throughout the weekend along with an excellent airshow broadcasting our newest flying machines. And while you're enjoying the carnival there's also the Robot Theatre and the Mekian Museum of Science, both celebrating scientists and their achievements within our humble nation."

"Well, there's Joseph Hearst, Rodanna's rival reporter. I wouldn't say they hate each other, but they are always trying to get the best of each other. I'd like to advise against getting in the way of their rivalry ...Things can get pretty ugly. If anyone could break them up it's Benji. He doesn't talk much, but when he says more than two words you know you're in for it. Sort of bulky, as tall as a female Ork. You can't miss him. But he does not like offices, so you're most likely to find him at the nearby bar. He gets around, you see. He can get all kinds of information from a thug. Katherine's the sweetheart. She proofreads our stuff since she's too shy to interview anyone, but she majored in English at a university so she's good at what she does. Sometimes she likes to bake us things so don't be surprised if you find a doughnuts on your desk in the morning. David came to us from another paper in Icilee, and prides himself in criticizing others. He was one of the top reporters for the 'North Star', I'm sure you heard of it correct? Well, please try not to box him in the ears if he brags. Lara, Wayton, and Will work the printing press. I don't know much about Lara, but I do know Wayton and Will are twins. One's a rebel by nature, the other outlandish. You'll see what I'm talking about when you see them. Other than Theo the only other photographer we have is a Cameron Woods. He's not around as much as Theo is since he tends to sneak out so he could capture a photo of a stray kite. He's an artist at heart, but very diligent and not that bad of a speaker." He sighed, "I know more than people think I do...just because I spend most of my time in my dark room doesn't mean I don't like to step into the world every now and then."

After that little description of everyone he ever worked with, Patrick continued to oversee Alimbur as she developed her film, and ultimately, her photos. He was surprised to find that she was quite skilled already, not once did he have to remind her to not leave her film in the Film Developer for too long. Or warn her that it was time to put the Film in the Stop Bath. Or stop her from spilling the Fix. After the film was soaked in Wash, he found himself to be impressed when he didn't even have to teach the reporter how to use the enlarger, to focus and image and enlarge it. There was no need to remind her the danger of exposed light that the enlarger provided it seemed, and Secord soon founded himself fetching her film for her. Alimbur obviously had a keen eye for composition, something not many people possessed, and above all else she had absolutely no need for test strips! Something not many photographers could attest to. Secord knew that he could count on her help in the dark room. The very idea of someone actually taking an interest to being in there made him feel all giddy inside. He stood silent as Alimbur's photos came to life in the Developer, and it wasn't until it was done in the fix that he finally asked the question that had biting at him since he handed her the tongs. "You've done this before?"
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:57 am

{Leon}

_Street_Something ain't right with that boy_

There was something wrong with Leon, deeply wrong, which even the mysertious attack would notice. He had a grin, not a regular smile or a quirky smirk, but a creepy grin. The scars on his face simply increased the creepy vibe, he had going on. " Oh thank you so much. " Leon said as he actually thanked his attacker, who made the first move on his bodyguard with a lamp post of all things. That was surprising, the lamp post, and so was the heat source that melted the metal of said lamp post.

" We're going to have some much fun." He commented as his hands moved into his bear cape. He did not express worry for his bodyguard, because he knew Mork was the capable fellow. If Leon could form an educated guess, it would be that this stunt was, one) pretty much to separate him from his bodyguard, and two) a demonstration of what the attacker could do to him, and therefore unnerve him. Which meant, that he was the true target and that the goal was for him to do whatever the mysterious attacker wanted. A very simple, but effective tactic, if it was anyone else. " Unless, you surrender, of course." He added.

Leon started to lick his lips. " I do genuinely hope you don't, because I look forward to devouring your tasty heart courage." Leon remarked, playing on the citizens of Mek's view of everyone else. Given the technological advancements , it wouldn't be hard to guess that the people of Mek thought everyone else below their precious city were bloody salvages. "Mhmm, I can taste the blood and tender meat now." He said.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Nyvyan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:58 pm

-Razzim Dufay-

Razzim released the breath he didn’t realise he’d been holding. Giving the attendant a very genuine smile “Thanks, you’ve been a great help” he said happily. He looked like he was about to say more before the gypsy sniffed the air, his nose wrinkling. For a moment his head dipped, chewing the red neckerchief nervously. When his face lifted his face was a carefully concealed mask holding a happy smile “Well, see ya around pal” and with that, the gypsy hoisted his pack higher on his back and heading back towards the exit, deviating to a stand on the wall to pick up a map of the city. As he, rather hastily, left the building there lingered a faint smell on the air. Kind of like freshly upturned earth. Odd for a floating city of machines.

Once outside and a fair distance from the visitor centre the young man paused to unfold the piece of paper in his hand. Taking a few moments to identify the places on the map he’d been told. It took him longer than expected to find the point marked ‘Rignut Inn’ as the district it was located it wasn’t mentioned by the attendant. It had to be that one though. A quick stay would surely be the cheapest and he had no idea how long his stolen money would last. Best to have a crap but cheep stay for a night while he worked out what to do than blow all his money in one day.

Shifting his weight once again the young gypsy set off for the hotel, his back protesting more and more at the weight he was carrying. Honestly, why did I bring a cooking pot to a city? I should have just left it ages ago. It’s not like I’ve eaten for a while.... he thought absently, his eyes flitting from map to his surroundings, trying desperately not to get lost... A feat easier said than done. What does a gypsy know of navigating huge, bustling cities in the sky?
Fenix13- Now see, that is a prime example of how people in other RP's should be. Bravo Nyvyan, You are the shining symbol of what awesome should be.- Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:28 pm

-Jeggred Nalaar-

Jeggred watched as Isaak pulled out a simple piece of paper. He assumed it was directions, but what it truly was surprised him. A red symbol appeared which faded to blue and then faded out completely. Isaak explained an alchemist came up with the stamp which they took for themselves. 'Pretty neat. Very practical as well. Hard to accuse someone with a blank stamp and no other proof.' he thought before glancing down at the location on the map he was directed to. Vender's Lane, and an old warehouse. Almost too obvious. Then again, the best place to hide is in plain sight, right? The code was very interesting, knock nine times, and a story about the Iron Man. 'A bit different than in Cyrko, but then again, who wouldn't expect it to be?' he thought. And he couldn't help but laugh at Isaak's warning of having enough money on him or being forcibly removed. "Don't worry about that Isaak. If there's one thing I have is money." he said before taking the stamp and turning towards the cook and waitress.

"Thank you for a fantastic meal." he said before reaching into his coat to pull out a sack. No bigger than the palm of his hand, he quickly inspected the contents of the bag. He quickly pulled two coins out of the bag, and then proceeded to put the bag away. ”Fair price for a fantastic meal. This should cover my friend’s as well.” he said before putting a haytalor on the table. He turned to Isaak, and flipped him a coin, a haypenny to be precise. ”Thanks for selling me the stamp; I needed to mail a letter back home.” he said with a sarcastic smile and walked out of the restaurant. As he left the restaurant, he remembered that it was quite the roundabout away to get to. ’Almost forgot the way back.’ he thought before continuing down the maze like entrance to the restaurant, careful to avoid any and all noise on his part to draw the attention of those below him. After a while he finally reached the door back to the outside, a quick survey outside showed no one and he promptly left the building and quickly found his way back to the streets.

Jeggred quickly made his way towards the area on the map, having time to think things over. ’13 out of 15 died on this job. If it were around 3 or 4 deaths, accidents would have been likely. Around 9 to 10, the robots were probably responsible. But 13? If it were truly accidents and robots, then there would be no question of whether or not they were hostile. Since it was still unknown, something else is lurking beneath this city.’ he thought, finally arriving at what he assumed to be the warehouse, it certainly fit the description. Then again, so did about 10 other buildings in the area. ’And I’m definitely going to need more firepower for whatever else is down there.’ he thought before locating the alley near the building and proceeding down it. The alleyway wasn’t nearly as foreboding as the walk with Isaak earlier. Maybe it was because he was alone; Jeggred did prefer it that way. Regardless, he walked up to the wall as Isaak explained it. The entrance was right next to it. Jeggred took one last glance around, before turning his attention to the entrance. ’Let’s see if the old man’s info was solid.’ he thought, and immediately knocked nine times and spoke, ”I’m running from the Iron Man.” after he was done he waited for a responce.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Zako » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:14 pm

-Nitori Hydrelend-

"I sure hope you don't do anything that might get us thrown off Mek. We just got here" Nitori said behind Mork and Leon. Although she saw the man and the melting lamp, there was a nagging thought that something was afoot here. Too much of a coincidence that pirate attacked their airship en route to Mek and now some random loser was holding a gun at them. As if he had any chance against three people who bested a pirate attack...
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:21 pm

-Mork-

He was still thinking as they finished up their meals and left the room. What Leon had told them was quite interesting, if confusing, information. Readjusting his equipment, he barely avoiding giving his employer a look as he spoke up about robbings and bloodlust. While Mork could vaguely understand it, Leon had a whole different kind of mentality about these matters. He knew Leon was an odd member of the Man-kin, but he supposed he'd seen his like. Not often as business men and traders though. It made him wonder why the man bothered with a bodyguard, but Mork shrugged it off as him simply being extra protection, or maybe just intimidation. That kind of work was all too common for Orr-Kin.

Despite the myriad of thoughts going through his head, his quick reflexes still worked to get him out of the way of the falling lamp. He'd considered just blocking it, but he had left his shield at home, and he didn't want to risk his arm. Especially since he hadn't tested how heavy these things were before, least of all the ones in Mek. Jumping out of it's way, he registered it's odd properties. Force behind it, and melted metal. Not normal. Reaching under his coat, he grabbed onto a heavy length of chain at his side and pulled it out. One hand held onto the coiled length while the other grabbed the end, ready to swing it at whoever was there. "Show yourself." Mork called out in a gruff voice, looking as threatening as possible, probably stacking with what Leon was saying.
For the Greater Good

Postby Soul » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:24 am

As the growling began Xavier drew his weapon like a skilled gunfighter and pointed it directly at the shadowy man's head, "Call off your dogs or your grey matter will paint the ground below you." Xavier said, his eyes shifting to those that belong to a killer. "And maybe you'll get the privilege of being used in one of my experiments, or I'll just let your precious creatures watch as I put a hole in your head."

'I'm tired of being pushed around and laughed at.' Xavier thought. This shadowy back alley dealer was the last straw. "Now are you going to call them off and get outta my way or am I going to have to paint this alley red with yours and their blood?" Xavier's voice began to quake with glee as the adrenaline pumped through him. Various black magic incantations ran through his mind as he tried to pick which would be best to get him out of this bind in one piece.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:57 am

-Meka Tribune Company Building, Darkroom: “Memories”-

Secord’s description of his colleagues and life at the Tribune brought back memories of Alimbur’s own time at the Faeleean Free Press. She thought to herself with a wistful sigh. There were of course the rivalries the long trips through the hot jungle, the interviews and meetings, shouting matches with her editor, hard questions, reclusive answers and so much more. “The more things change the more they stay the same.” Things would be different but that was the joy of it; a new job with new people and new challenges, challenges with terrible stakes.

“I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t.” There was a sense of longing and remembrance in the reporter’s voice. “Back when I was first hired at my old job my editor kept me on a tight leash. It was maddening let me tell you.” She paused for a moment to review her work and smiled, duly satisfied. “I would have been miserable with endless busy work if not for the darkroom. Sure it was dark and smelly, but I’d always been curious how they turned film into pictures. A man there, Alvin Creen, heavy set with bushy white hair and beard, and the steadiest hands I’ve ever seen. Alvin was such a sweet old man. He taught me everything I know.” Alimbur bowed her head in remembrance of the old man. A moment later she perked up and turned to Secord smiling sweetly shaking off her old memories. “Look at me,” she chuckled. “now I’m the one rambling on. Anyway, this last photo is the one I’ve really been waiting for.” She turned back to the enlarger. “It’s the pirate captain right before he managed to escape from his own airship. I can still see the rage in his eyes when he finally realized his own defeat. If that doesn’t impress Flavius I don’t know what will.”

Postby Acktoo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:06 am

[Radia Stelan Evanres, Vendor's Lane]

"Oh, you've done nothing to me," the young Sophyian answered, emphasizing the pronoun at the end of his reply. "I just caught you so I could turn you in to the local authorities, and perhaps there would be a reward...? " Radia's second line of dialogue was in the form of a query, but he really didn't expect the rodent-like man to answer. Not truthfully, anyway.
Too good for you.

Postby sam4books » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:51 am

----Meka: The Streets, Outside the Hotel----

The man literally froze when he saw the Leon's smile through the window. It wasn't that much of a view, but the outline was clear enough to see. 'He wanted to be attacked' he thought nervously. 'He WANTED to be attacked.' The fact that this hasn't quite happened to him before was what made it shocking. To think someone would actually be looking for a fight. Normally a criminal would find it funny, but something about that smile...something wasn't right about it. And that made it all the more horrifying...

However, Leon's attacker was desperate for some sort of cash, and finding this guy was a stroke of luck since the rich were not known to stalk the streets. If he could just pull this off quickly and smartly, perhaps he could buy him some time. Either way, he was not by any means about to give up just yet. For clarity, his response to Mork's request was a solid thought; 'No...not yet.'

Mork would feel that there was a sudden spike in the heat given off by his chain, although it did not melt just yet. The streetlamp behind them fell with a crash, its glass splintering around their feet in deadly positioning. And all the while it continued to melt, oozing to their legs as if trying to embrace them silently. The hotel post fell in a similar matter to the street lamp, but the rods used to attach these signs remained in the air detached from the building. They hovered over the lot, threatening to drop at any given moment. The attacker's eyes wavered towards the girl, she seemed innocent enough. He let one drop over her head.

~Meka: The Dark Side of Town~

Don't turn your back~

"I'm afraid I can't do that" claimed the man in black, taking no notice of the gun aimed at his head. "You see...I simply cannot stop my boys from protecting their master." he continued to explain, still smiling as the growls around him grew louder and louder by the minute. The man's eyes seem to stare into Xavier's very soul itself, and in fact seem to be changing. It was settle but it was there. Almost like a wolf's eyes. Out of the corner of his eyes Xavier would be able to describe a hint of a moving shadow, before something lunged forward to abrupt his view. A force tackled him harshly, claws scrapping his shoulders, drawing out blood. Another shape attacked him on the other side. What he would be able to make out was what looked like black canine-like creatures, each with bright eyes of red, orange or gold. Their ears were oddly pointed, large, and erected, like they should belong to a cat or a bat. And their noses were a shade of pink, similar in shape and size to a pigs. They seemed to smile with frontal tusks protruding from their lips.

Something was happening with Xavier's attacker. Once he grabbed hold of his gun, Xavier would realize that the man was shapeshifting, into something similar to that of a canine. His eyes' pupils were tinier, and his irises brighter, if even possible. His teeth have started to grown longer too. Another sort of magic had filled the air, along with Xavier's own aura.

~Meka: The West Side of Vendor's Lane~

"WHAT?" cried the rodent-like man in a flat display of dismay. He couldn't believe it. "Are you kidding me? ...You're one of them aren't you?" That had to be it. One of those brainwashed citizens, who think they're doing their country a favor! Oh, what would he tell Zeke if he ever finds out? The man would take away his entire week of food rations! He'd have to scout on an empty stomach...again. 'Okay, having just one was a bad idea after all... but I was SO hungry.' The creature glared at Radia when he mentioned something of a reward. "Even worse! That's all you people care about huh? Riches? Glory? Power? Fine! Turn me in! Have at my head if you want! I don't care, but mark my words, you'll be doing yourself a favor not taking any presents from them."

~Meka: Meka Tribune Company Building~

Secord nodded, noticing the longing in the reporter's voice. It must be hard to leave your colleagues behind for a new experience. He never had many friends in his life to begin with, but he could imagine that it was a sad feeling. He felt as if that if he could, he would like to meet this man, someday, but for now, his attention was grabbed by Alimbur's very last photo. It was the famed leader of the Crimson Skull. Secord heard plenty of stories about how he and his crew purged countless passenger airships, stealing loot off of first class passengers. But never in his life did he expect to see an actual photo of him. "This is great" he breathed, "It's so lifelike, it's like you are there, right in the midst of the action." The captain was dressed in an embroidered long coat and feathered hat with a large hem. His arm was missing and bleeding heavily, and his face looked a mess. One of his eyes gave off an obvious red glow, and around his neck he wore what seemed to be a piece of bone. "Yes, Flavius would definitely like it. A lot of people feared him. If word got out he was defeated in battle the sales would skyrocket. We'd be a hit."

~Meka: Entrance To Underground Market~

The warehouse around Jeggred, he would notice, had some of it's windows shattered to pieces. On the floor were ripped papers of the emperor in a glorified pose. Some of which had burnt marks at their edges. A slight breeze picked up in the air and blew some of them a few meters away. For a few minutes, nothing happened. The sewer entrance lay silent, as if refusing answer. But then a knocking noise sounded from behind the entrance's cover. Nine times in all.

"Why's he after ya son?"

The voice belonged to a male and sounded old and husky, Terrantulan from its accent. There was a naturally angry tone to it, the sort of tone you'd expect of someone who didn't like being bothered by anybody, or hated people in general.
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:46 am

{Leon Borren}

_Street_ Options_

With that smile of his, Leon looked around the area. It was a tightly packed street with shops around the hotel. Some of the shops had little porches on their second and third floors. " No one around so to speak, yet he still attacks. He must be watching, probably from a nearby building." He thought to himself as he pondered his enemy's tactics. " Let with this kind power, he has yet to show himself, why? " He questioned, the peculiar actions of his unseen adversity. The ability to melt things, you would think he have much bravado. This leads Leon to believe the power has either a limit, rule, or the user has a problem.

"Regardless, I know his objective. And with that..." He thought as a smile as he reached into his jacket's pocket. "...I can win. " Leon remarked as he pulled out a single 100 talor bill. He raised the bill in the area so that the Robber could see it. " Hello! Do I have your attention!" He said in a comedic fashion while waving the bill like a flag. " I hope, I do, cause watch this !" He went on to say with a playful tone as he burned the bill and held the burning bill in the air.

" For every attack, I will burn a single hundred talor bill and for every minute, you're not in front of me, I will burn three!" Leon mentioned as he threatened the would be attacker. " Your choices are simple, really, face me and gain the money, or don't and lose all the money!" He said as he explained the foe's options. Leon looked totally seriously and to make it sound serious, Leon went on to even say " Just so you know, I can make what I carry within a manner of minutes so I don't lose anything, you on the other will lose everything."
More Robots

Postby Cheesemore » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:36 pm

-Jeggred Nalaar-

Jeggred waited intently for a responce, and for a while, nothing. Jeggred sat down next to the opening and waited, after all he had no where to be and all day to be there. 'The service here stinks. At times like this I wish I smoked and had cigaretts. At least then I could kill time.' he thought as he pulled out his revolver. Wasting no time, he opened the chamber, and quickly disposed of the four shells he'd used earlier. 'Damn pirate. If he hadn't exploded I could just stole his gun. No matter, I was looking for a way into here. Today turned out to be a very lucky day for me indeed.' he thought as he reached into his pocket and preceded to reload his fire arm.

Before he could put it away though, he heard a knock, comming from the sewer. 'It's about time.' he thought as the man asked him the same question that Isaak said he would. 'Another Terrantulan? At this rate there may be more of them than Mekians in this city. Maybe I should make him wait like he made me. Nah, I'm even more tempted now to see how their market stacks up to Cyrko's.' he thought before finally answering the obviously annoyed man. "He wants my heart." Jeggred responded in a normal tone. If the man were looking at him right then, he would have seen a devious smile creep across his face before he continued. "Too bad for him. I don't have a heart." he said. 'Although, I do like their code words a lot.' he thought as he waited for the man's responce.
The Master of Cheese

Postby sam4books » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:17 pm

----Meka: Entrance To Underground Market----

"Welcome to the club, 'cause I ain't got one either." The voice did not say anything else then, but behind him, Jeggred would hear gears clanking and turning. If he were to turn around he would notice that a portion of the ground was pulled back to reveal what seemed to be a staircase. Down the staircase he would notice that the passageway below did not have the usual stench of a sewer. The air was filled with a rigid, spicy smell. It was the sort of smell that would burn away your nostril hairs, if it could. And the air was polluted with it. Down the hallway was a single door, where a small lightbulb hanged in front of it. Strangely enough, he would hear no sound coming from it. None at all. The only sign of a being down there was a single man with a suitcase, who seemed to be waiting for someone. He would have paid Jeggred no heed, after regarding him for a mere second before returning back to his watch.

----Meka: The Streets----

Shock turn to terror as the man in the polar bear cape begun burning one hundred talor bills. 'That's almost half annual pay' he thought, trying to determine whether he was hallucinating or not. Why would anyone in their right mind want to burn up money during a depression. It made zero sense. 'He must have a lot of money to spare' he concluded. Still, it bothered him. He never knew a rich man in his life that would idly throw away his money like that. Thus he came to another appropriate conclusion, '...Bastard' Either way he knew there was no point trying to attack him from the shadows now, he was caught. 'Oh, I bet they're laughing their asses off right now' he thought as he turned his head around to give the man a glare, wincing slightly at burning talor bill.

"Alright, here I am" he announced, turning to face the man. He took off his flat cap using his right hand as if saluting the man. His left hand was hidden by his left sleeve, slung to the side numbly. Placing the cap back on his head he gave a half smile half frown, his steel blue eyes wide open beneath the cap's brim. "You know...you're pretty bizarre, I don't know what to do with you honestly..." Those steel blue eyes glanced at the Ork. "But I was right...you are rich. Or you're bluffing." He pocket his right hand, his left hand swinging at his side as he stumbled over towards Leon. Leon would notice he was shaking. "Seriously, as if you're actually going to hand over that money for free. That is, unless you want information? That's what you want isn't it?" There was a hopeful tone in his voice, but it sounded weary, untrustworthy. His eyes danced between the three of them, hiding his arm nervously.

----Meka: The Docks----

"LOOK OUT BELOW!" bellowed a voice from above Kharrighan, which seemed to be right above her. If she looked, she would see a man in his late twenties, clinging on what seemed to be a parachute, an awfully bright parachute at that. The man landed squarely in front of the gypsy, a charming grin on his face.

"Salutations!" he greeted her, immediately taking her hands in his and giving her delicate fingers a soft kiss. After he did this he took off the goggles that hid his deep brown eyes any lady could catch herself getting lost in. The rest of his face had handsome features, a sharp jawline, high cheeks, clean shaved chin. Golden brown hair formed around his face in curls. "I hope you liked the view." He winked, "I never thought I'd meet a woman as vibrant as you in a place as rusty as this." He then began looking around his surroundings, as if searching for something. "But where are the pirates? I was certain when I saw a glint of red from the sky I'd run into those Crimson dogs!" The charming man started stroking his chin, musing on the meaning of this predicament.

As he did this something fiery fell from the sky, a rigid plane covered by iron plating, crashing into the ground a few meters to the left of the charming man. This caused a racket amongst the people who were walking the pavement of the docks at the time, who cursed loudly and shook their fists at the destroyed plane. A heavy man in a suit was sitting the front seat, his face and spectacles covered in soot.

"Ah well, I'd have to thank whoever took care of them. After all..." His eyes stared directly into Kharrighan's own, "...one cannot simply let such danger befall upon a lady such as yourself." The man bowed deeply in front of the gypsy, "Forgive my manners, I haven't introduced myself. My name is-"

"Alexander!"

Alexander stood up straight, blanking in confusion at the man who was climbing out of the plane. "Oh! Bartholomew! How're you holding up old sport?"

"I've been worse" answered the man, coughing up soot.

Alexander gave him a heavy pat on the back, "That's what I like to hear old sport, glad to see your sense of adventure had not yet died!"

"Ahem, yes. Although you certainly can't be blamed for it." He took out a white handkerchief and began cleaning his glasses of soot. "Hm..." After putting them back on, he finally took notice of Kharrighan, "Hmm? Who is this, Alexander? Chasing after women already? And we've only just got here."

"Hahaha! You know me too well my friend! This charming lady is..." He hesitated, "...Is...." He looked at Kharrighan hopefully, "Forgive me my dear lady, but I'm afraid I've yet to know your name."

----Meka: Road to Rignut----

A smell began to fill the air which grew in it's intensity the more Razzim walked. It wasn't long before it seemed to be the only smell around. A smell the smelt of food, delicious food. Pork, chicken, sauces and spices. And it came from what seemed to be an open restaurant, with highly Xephamorian symbols decorating it's sign. In front of the restaurant was a man dressed in work clothes who seemed to be a friend. "I beg you Vimal, give up! Close down the shop! You can't survive long in this business anymore. Why don't you try something else? Your son! He is skilled with knives, is he not? You could make a show out of that for the carni--"

"No one in our family will be joining the carnival any time soon, Snevelin. Our allegiance does not belong to the gypsies but to the Great Eye, you know that."

"Yes...but perhaps your traditions have been wasted." The man winced as Vimal gripped him by the collar. "HOW DARE YOU!" He was then pushed backwards with a great force. "Leave me. You already have my answer."

So Snevelin left, not stealing a glance at Razzim as he passed him by.
In passing

Postby Acktoo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:54 am

[Radia Stelan Evanres, Vendor's Lane]

"Who I am is not of your concern, thief," the young Sophyian stated rather standoffishly. He then thought for a moment. Radia did not know much about the laws of the floating city, and while the rodent-like man did not completely dismiss the fact that his capture would lead to reward, it would leave a sour taste if the thief were to be executed (on Radia's account) for snatching a wheel of cheese.

"Tell me, thief," Radia began, in an attempt to procure a bit of Mekian legal knowledge. "What is the common Mekian punishment for the crime you committed?" the Sophyian asked, keeping a stern tone as he spoke.
Too good for you.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:03 am

-Meka Tribune Company Building, Darkroom: “Picture Perfect”-

Alimbur stared at the photo of Admon with a big goofy grin on her face. “Yes! Yes, yes yes! I nailed it. I never want to go through that again but Mort be damned it was worth it. Not even that son of a Lymre Flavius can resist material like this.” Her friend seemed to agree heartily. Alimbur spun around to face Secord, her grin as big as ever. “I would hope so, since that’s where I was; risking life and limb for that shot.” The reporter shook her head and sighed. “All this is going to get me killed one day I swear. Anyway every two bit paper in town is going to be running the Admon story, but the Tribune will be the only one with a full spread of the battle. You’re right though, the people are going to eat this up.” It was easy to see that Alimbur was incredibly pleased with herself. There was no greater satisfaction than knowing that you took that one perfect shot. The big payday waiting in the wings was just a bonus. “Well, now that’s done I guess there’s nothing left to do but take the choice shots back to Flavius eh.” She said collecting the developed photos and separating out the shots of the battle from the more mundane pictures which she had taken earlier that day. “It’s been nice talking to you. I look forward to working together. Be seeing you around.”

With a smile and a wave Alimbur parted ways with Mr. Secord. She soon found herself back in the hall making her way back to Flavius’ office. It was just about time for round two of this little ordeal. Back at the editor’s office, like before, she rapped at the window pane several times and let herself in. She looked at the man and smiled. “Sorry to bother you Mr. Flavius but I’m back and I have the pictures ready for your inspection.” She placed the pictures upon the desk and spread them in front of the grizzled old man. Alimbur simply stood back and studied the man awaiting his reaction.

Postby sam4books » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:38 am

----Meka: West Side of Vendor's Lane----

The mouse-like man froze, continuing to glare with great intensity. "Oh you're such a model citizen aren't-cha?" He sighed, scratching his head so he could recall some unpleasant memories Oh....Nothing much. That is except putting you in a cage like your some sort of animal, serving you food fit for pigs. Every now and then, they visit your pen to line you up against a wall with a couple of other criminals and then whip the sin out of you. Fifty lashes each. I also heard they torture you...with water! he added, looking completely serious and terrified. "You sure you don't just want to let little ol' me go and forget we ever met eachother? Look, I'll even return the wheel if you want!" offered the thief hopefully.

Flavius picked up the photos and started thumbing through them in a casual manner. It would've been difficult to read his expression since...well, all he seemed to do was frown. Occasionally he would give a questioning look or narrow his eyes at the various photos. Even then it was hard to tell whether he was pleased.

"Crap."

All of a sudden, he flung one of Alimbur's precious photos into a nearby trash bin.

"Crap."

"Crap."

"Crap."

Two, then three, and more fell into the trash bin. Mr. Flavius did not even give them as much as a glance.

"Hm..." he lifted one photo to the light, right in front of his face as he observed it. Both of his eyebrows raised...

"Mega crap."

Once he got to the last photo, remarkably it was the photograph of Captain Admon escaping, he stopped what he was doing at once. "And what the fuck is this?" Alimbur would probably notice that this was a legit question, since he looked up to stare at her, waiting for some sort of clue as to the subject and possible story behind the picture.
In passing

Postby Cheesemore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:38 pm

-Jeggred Nalaar-

Jeggred stood up as the man responded him again and the gears began to tumble. When he finally reached standing position, he looked down at the newly opened staircase. 'Interesting. Though I suppose in a floating city of technological wonder, they would need this kind of security.' he thought before taking one last look behind him, making sure no one was watching, and preceded down the stairs. As Jeggred decended the staircase, the spicy smell clogged his nose. 'It appears they even have food. Good, I'll probably need dinner after I'm done.' he thought while putting away his revolver finally. 'Hopefully there'll be no need for that.' he thought as he finally made it to the bottem of the staircase. It wasn't much of a sight, a single lightbulb, a door, and a man with a suitcase. 'Hospitality's just as nice as Cyrko.' Jeggred approached the door, the man gave him no heed, but he was a polite one. "Good day." he said to the man. After his hello, he reached for the door and twisted the handle, opening it.
The Master of Cheese

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing