Silent Hill: Abandoned Children of God. (OOC)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Silent Hill: Abandoned Children of God. (OOC)

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:25 am

>.> Eh, that's not really a proper analogy. In this I've already given the banker the money. I'm waiting to see what he does with it.
A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting
-Kyo
When someone hits rock bottom, they usually say "No where to go but up". Right? Wrong! If you hit rock bottom hard enough you'll fall right into the mantle. If you live through that you'll hit the inner mantle. And through that the outter core. And still after that the inner core, but what comes next? You come out the other side. Those who hit rock bottom and act like they had it hard are just oblivious to the trip past that little safety net.
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:29 am

Quit using semantics and dissecting my words.

The point is that you give us half a CS and expect us to make a story that revolves around your character. . .with. . .guess what! Half a CS, which is impossible to do.

:|
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:33 am

Yeah, you kinda need a completed CS. The more detailed the CS is, the better the GM and Co-GM can work with it.

Like everything, there is a balance you want to achieve. Don't make it outrageously long, nor too short.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jasthn » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:35 am

Either way, all I'm asking is to make something that fits this RP. As Slip said, I need to make a monster out of all the history, fears, and negative attributes from the CS. All I ask is to get the CS fix'd up. Quite frankley, I can't do much with the CS.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:36 am

And there's the fact that we simply cannot allow are character like that into an RP like this. A cop would be fine, but not a soldier, especially not one with sniper training.

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:40 am

*Sighs* I take words for what they are. I don't try and assume what you're trying to say. And I don't expect you to make an entire story before the thing even begins. I expected the players to move the story and the GM's to be the catalyst that triggers the players reactions. Also, most RP's I've been in have multiple people participating, and one character happens to become the center of attention, my character is developed in a way to be a supporting character who will probably end up dieing for the sake of progressing the storyline. I'm not trying to be a main character, I'm trying to be a tool for the GM.

Also, if it's impossible to do, give me proof of it. Because I've seen it done before. And it's not half a CS it's 79% of one.

It is completed, just with things left up for interpretation. And it takes a little bit of imagination to work with something like that. I don't want to hand you things. >_> And YOU (Jasthn) asked me to come here. So if you don't like the way I work with things oh well. There's enough there to make a semi decent RP. If you want me to make up things so you have to put in less effort, then again, that's your problem.

Which is why I gave him a physical and mental handicap.
A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting
-Kyo
When someone hits rock bottom, they usually say "No where to go but up". Right? Wrong! If you hit rock bottom hard enough you'll fall right into the mantle. If you live through that you'll hit the inner mantle. And through that the outter core. And still after that the inner core, but what comes next? You come out the other side. Those who hit rock bottom and act like they had it hard are just oblivious to the trip past that little safety net.
-Kyo

Postby Keiran » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:41 am

The GM decides if you can play, and if your character seems unrealistic to them they won't allow you to play. Respect the GM, respect the other players who are trying to help you.

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:45 am

Uno, they aren't trying to help me. They're trying to reinforce their dominance. >.>

Dos, Idc if I play or not. I was asked to come here. And the person that asked me to come is complaining about the effort I put into something I was asked to do and frankly this person knows I'm not the kind of person to do things if there's nothing in it for me. Like a fun RP experience. And this isn't my kind of fun. Predetermined, predictable RP I can figure out a third of the way into it.
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:49 am

We're not asking you to do the impossible Kyo. Just please understand that we do things differently here. There is no single prevalent character in our RP's, everyone is the important character.

we're asking to for this because we can't better the story for everyone if we don't have all the information we need.

Our RP's are about your own characters interaction with other people's characters. Believe me, you won't be able to predict a thing. RP's here are not predictable, and predetermined, we just need as much "back-story information" for the future to develop the story around everyone's characters. Without that all we can do is guess and see if it works.

Postby Jasthn » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:51 am

I did ask you to join, but I was hoping for something to work with. If it isn't fun for you, I'm sorry I asked you to come here.

Uno, they aren't trying to help me. They're trying to reinforce their dominance. >.>

-__-
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:52 am

Kyo, they are trying to help you. On the internet, we both know that tones of voice can be skewed. It takes experience being with them to understand them. And trust me, they are trying to help you understand.

No one is making you do this (except Jasthn) and we're all new at one point in time. I wouldn't give up on the RP Section if this frustrates you or you don't get in. Go try another one, make friends, and become part of this community.

But most importantly, just try your best.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:53 am

Ditto, we mean no harm, we just want everyone to be happy. . .

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:57 am

And that's what I was trying to do. I want you to guess and hope that it works, because whatever you come up with I'll be okay with. Bring my parents back if you want. Make my character have illusions (Which would probably happen in SH) about things he didn't do. Make things like killing his parents and going to the army null in void his own imagination. Make a soul going through the circles of hell to realize his sins (that have been given) and accept/reject his punishment for it. I mean it's silent hill, almost anything can happen.

@Jasthn: Yea.. You don't want me to say what you're role here is o.o.

@Blood: I'm not interpreting tone. (Except Jasthn's cause it's more predictable) I'm using words said and responding to them as such. When you want to help someone you try and figure out what they know and what they don't know about the subject and then you explain it. You don't just go straight to assuming they know nothing what-so-ever. That's insulting and not helpful. It deters the person from seeing how "Helpful" you're trying to be. (Edit) And just like you said, it takes experience to understand what they're trying to do. And as such they shouldn't act like I'm someone who's known them at all. >.>
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:01 am

And you wonder why we're having such a hard time with you

:|

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:03 am

I don't wonder about something like that. That's your problem. I'm not acting like you know me. And even if I was. You don't need to know me to act like I don't know you. >.> So why don't we restart without assumptions such as those? :3
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Jasthn » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:08 am

Fuck this. Jordan, do you want to be in the RP, or am I forcing you to do the RP?
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:09 am

You're pretty much forcing me. In a way. Not literally, but in a way. >.> Don't blow your top over it right as we're settling down. It'd give me something out of routine to do, so it's not really something I'd hate doing. I enjoy rping, I was just asked to come here and what I'm saying is that I probably wouldn'tve even noticed had you not said anything. And most things people find they don't start looking for, it finds them.
Last edited by Kyomen on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Jasthn » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:12 am

I didn't feel like I was forcing you. You could have just no when i said you should join.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:15 am

*Points above* I explained ahead of time.

(Edit) Anyway, are we going to restart the conversation or should we leave it here? O.o
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Jasthn » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:19 am

Leave it at this. I don;t want to use this thread to argue more in. Argue in PM.

The rest can post CS's for the RP now.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:20 am

Conversation* Not an arguement. We were trying to understand each other. It wasn't a personal matter. Which is why it's not in the PMs. Plus it's on topic *Nods*
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:22 am

Take it to the PM's. He's the GM, and we don't need any more useless junk on the sign-ups. End of story.

Postby LikeAFawks » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:38 am

Hot n' steamy arguements. Wonder what'll come of that...

I was actually kinda worried about my char, she'll probably take it better than others, the whole, "HOLY SHIT WTF IS GOIN' ON!?" thing. Hell she'll prolly freak out about the otherworld shift the first time because she thinks SHE'S freaking out...which of course will cause her to freak out.

...nm. I won't be much better off. I think it says something about the players here when they volunteer to make a character who's dentiny is horrible suffering and probably death. CARRY ON! D:

And ohai Slip! XD Funny that my 2nd rp here has 3 of the people from the other one >_>
Last edited by LikeAFawks on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Insert epic, witty, and randomy thing here that makes me sound more fun to be around!

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:41 am

Heh, what can I say? I love a good story. :D

Postby LikeAFawks » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:42 am

And an SH one at that! I hope we have some fun here too :3

ALSO! K+S and I seem to have this common theme of accidently having relevant characters for eachother.

Vince and Amber might be made "siblings". As in, that's the family Amber is with. Was making sure that was okay before altering CS's?
Insert epic, witty, and randomy thing here that makes me sound more fun to be around!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing