Silent Hill: Abandoned Children of God. (OOC)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Silent Hill: Abandoned Children of God. (OOC)

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:13 am

The one i'm making seems sane next to your guys
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:59 am

I finished, tell me what you want me to fix Jas.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Kyomen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:28 am

Manuel is sane D: He just >.> didn't like getting beaten.. And he wanted icecream! But then again, everyone in silent hill is crazy :3
A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting
-Kyo
When someone hits rock bottom, they usually say "No where to go but up". Right? Wrong! If you hit rock bottom hard enough you'll fall right into the mantle. If you live through that you'll hit the inner mantle. And through that the outter core. And still after that the inner core, but what comes next? You come out the other side. Those who hit rock bottom and act like they had it hard are just oblivious to the trip past that little safety net.
-Kyo

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:34 am

As a Wiccan (embracing the allegations FTW) my character would have a special magic set, none of which would be used for attacking (Mostly finding and locking spells). Is that alright?
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Jasthn » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Kouugaiji: I'll allow the pocket knife, but the baseball bat will have to come off. You can grab a baseball bat somewhere else. :) Other than that, your CS should be easy to work with and make a monster from. 'Accepted.'

Kyomen: Um... He seems a little far fetched. >.> Offering full college classes in high school, amd going to college to learn about the army? Don't you go to the army to learn about the army? If the trio, your character, wife, and Philipe were all on a trip to Moscow, (I would assume that all three are a part of the service) how were the wife and Phillipe out in the open, and why? Also, wouldn't your character be tried and charged for killing two people?

Killing his parents with the rifle? Ice-cream? Should the father have been shot, not both parents?

Freshley blown off knee caps seems extremely vague. Why not, severed limbs or something? A fear of heights I can deal with. The slight internal bleeding wasn't really needed in the negative attributes... Wait, can't they just remove the pancreas?

He just seems to be very vague, the story seems to have so many holes.

@Tragedy: Eh.... I'm going to have to say no. I hope you on;t mind or run into problems without that.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Kyomen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Actually >.> No. Everything about bullet distance, angle, speed, etc. Are based on physics. As for college in highschool, I got the idea from my gf, who you've met >_> She has an associates degree already and she hasn't even started college yet. The three weren't on a trip together as you can see if you read thoroughly through >.>. The two were on a trip there and he was deployed there. >.> Differences ftw~ Also, your definition of the word vague is not accurate. Freshly blown off knee caps is specific. Severed limbs is more vague than that. Vague means open to interpretation more or less. Severed limbs could mean something like head, legs, arms, other head *Cough*. Blown off knee caps means just that; blown off knee caps *nods* And no, he wouldn't necessarily be tried and charged. First they'd have to find the bodies. Which like I said in a post before, I would've put in more detail, but it was too late at night for me to care that much. Also, seeing as a Silent Hill rp cannot really be played by JUST PCs, a "narrator" or an invisible player would have to control various happenings throughout the world of Silent Hill. (You might have this figured out already, I wouldn't know, didn't read your RP proposal.) The holes are there for you and the general populous to fill in and some of those holes will be filled in throughout the RP. I thought that would seem a bit implied. I was wrong x.x. And Jasthn. Far fetched? It's a Silent Hill RP xD You have monsters made of skin terrorizing normal people because some random god wishes it >.>. C'mon. Also, the words trip and deployed have two severely different meanings. So, again, I'd assume that their meeting would be coincidental to the reader based on the definitions of these two words.

And I never said it was JUST the father's decision to not give him ice cream. Usually a kid will go to the father and then the mother if the father gives a negative response to the question.

I'm not a biology major. But my uncle Tony had the same condition and they never removed it. I'm just combining personalities of people I know into one human being. Also, if you want to look at it from a medical perspective, how would I cough up blood with the pancreas being a decent ways away from the trachea, too far for blood to be forced into the stomach/windpipe/trachea without holes in said things. Jasthn, it's just one of those things you'll have to role with. I'm giving my character a physical weakness. What's so bad about that? T~T

The internal bleeding thing was to give my character a realistic weakness for the Narrator to exploit at certain times. And it is a negative attribute, because you know how I have those sharp pains in my heart at times? It temp. paralyzes me. I can't move without the severe pain inflicting my body. It doesn't last THAT long, but long enough for bad things to happen. I thought you'd may want to exploit something like that >.>. Seeing as we don't have a main character, and if you want us to have the ability to save ourselves everyone would try to save themselves because I don't see too many people dedicated enough to an rp to die ICly, we'd all end up living in the end and that's no fun at all. So I'm setting my character up for moments of weakness seeing as weakness cannot be reinforced by stats or anything. I apply the internal bleeding condition to balance out my character because a marine sniper would probably overcome fear in a heartbeat and take out what stands in his path. Soo.. That's the gist of it...
A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting
-Kyo
When someone hits rock bottom, they usually say "No where to go but up". Right? Wrong! If you hit rock bottom hard enough you'll fall right into the mantle. If you live through that you'll hit the inner mantle. And through that the outter core. And still after that the inner core, but what comes next? You come out the other side. Those who hit rock bottom and act like they had it hard are just oblivious to the trip past that little safety net.
-Kyo

Postby Jasthn » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Okay, vague was the wrong word, I'll give you that. But I mean, just blown off knee caps doesn't seem like much. Why not also blown off arms? Wouldn't that also sort of scare him? they both sort of seem like the same thing.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Kyomen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Eh not so much >_> Have you ever seen a BLOWN off knee cap? Anyway, everyone has their own irrational fears. Some people are afraid of lint. Would you rather him be afraid of lint? And I think being in the military you'd see enough blown off limbs and things. A blown off kneecap is disgusting because the leg can't really support itself and after a while the legs split in half. (I think. Opinion, not medical fact.) And watching a leg slowly split in half with the help of gravity is a grotesque thing to watch. So yea, in a way they are, but you feel as though they aren't and that's why you object. Contradiction has been found. OBJECTION! *Wavy finger* So technically whether or not I explain it, you shouldn't have any problem with it. (But I'm going to explain it anyway :D)

*Reenactment* Hey what's this? *Picks up a bomb* o.o;; *Bomb goes off and he loses his arm* Oh my god! *Blood pouring everywhere*

*Reenactment* Tum ti tum tum tum~ *Guy comes up and shoots off both knee caps* Oh god! *bloody mess, leg muscles start to slowly snap, victim falls over blood pouring from all four severed sections* >.> I had a better way to explain it, but my laptop cord came out and I forgot xD

Blown off limbs seems like a cliche for a game like this. Get creative! If you come up with a better idea, by all means share it with me and I'll gladly change his visual fear, but for now, I'm gonna rough it with the knee caps.
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Kyomen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:58 pm

I see you people browsing the forum! Show yourselves! D:<
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:25 pm

"Come back home, Manuel. Everyone misses you. Even your parents are here waiting for you. We're holding a special get well soon party for you! See you soon!" is what the letter said. Immediately, Manuel saw two things wrong with this letter. One problem was that his parents were already dead. He killed them when he was eight, with his father's old rifle, when they didn't take him out for ice-cream after they beat him with a small bamboo cane.

Good god. Something else that is wrong with this CS. Everyone who goes to SH goes there sub-consciously guided by the letter. If you go there consciously, guess what buddy? You won't find Silent Hill, all you'll find is an empty town. That's how SH works.

This isn't some zombie town, this is a psychological hell. You make it sound like your guy has no qualms with going to Silent Hill because he knows "something is up" the fact he is has enough sound of mind to do that is enough for Silent Hill to say "Ehh this guy ain't fucking getting in. He's not screwed up in the head enough" I'll put it to you simply: This entire CS just seems wrong. It shouldn't belong in SH and it can't belong in Silent Hill, not unless you change a lot of things. Remember: This isn't Resident Evil, it's not about killing the zombies and monsters, it's about a personal hell that caters to everyone's psyche, you should be a LOT more focused on his fears and history then his weapons. I'm sorry jasnth, I'll have to say no, at least not until he can make something that is a lot more proper for this RP.

Kyomen wrote:Manuel is sane D: He just >.> didn't like getting beaten.. And he wanted icecream! But then again, everyone in silent hill is crazy :3

No one is sane in this town. Everyone's fucked in the head. There's the reason why he can't come. He's too sane for Silent Hill. Basically if he comes to Silent Hill, it won't be there for him. Yes it can do that, it's a sentient being as far as the the developers are concerned.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Kyomen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:10 pm

I was being sarcastic. >.> Of course he's not sane. I'm not a SH fanatic btw. >_> I just like to rp. Btw, the letter isn't real if it's coming from silent hill. He's imagining it. O.o what now? Lol xD.

One other thing. It's an RP, not a game plot, if you write out your characters ENTIRE story and trip to silent hill, why bother RPing it. The holes and things in his story will turn into things depending on how the narrator twists and bends them. Just like in the silent hill games. And as the RPer, I'm to react in one of several different ways according to the character sheet. You can change anything in a character sheet to fit into the story. Remember that. And I'm leaving it to the "sentient being" to exploit the two or three fears that I gave him ALONG with his regret and grief. So the CS fulfills everything you've just gone on about. Just not to the extent you want it to. Silent Hill reveals the person's insanity at times and it holds them there. It does what it wants. Which is why the character sheet is pretty much just there for the narrator to take advantage of. It's more of a challenge for the narrator to figure out what to do than it is for the RPers to rp accordingly. Like I said, it's not an actual video game plot, so if you need to bend some things like making something like the letter imaginary, then by all means do it. Otherwise you'll be having people writing for everyone and that just won't work here.
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:26 pm

"Welp it's too hard to explain I'm going to leave you guis to figure it out, k?" This is not how RPing is done.

You're mistaken if you think this is not a plot driven, literature RP forum. You have far to many holes in your CS, at least attempt to fill in these holes. You don't have to explain your entire story, but you do have to connect your fears with your history in some way. I ask this because we'll have to make monsters based off of people's fears, your contains too little to be of any use.

Remember one thing when coming here: It's is the players obligation, not the GM's, to make a coherent and understandable CS. You're the one who's supposed to make your CS work, not us. This wouldn't be an "RP" if the GM's had to bend over backwards for every player who joined with a patchwork CS.

I understand how you aren't a SH fanatic, but there are some rules in regards to SH that can't be broken. Oh sure, we could "make" an exception, but then that'd just create too many problems for us, the GM's. I'll repeat myself, Silent Hill is not about killings monsters and shooting things, it's about the past-relationships people have had, and been effected by, and about their psychological standing of which Silent Hill, the entity feeds on.

I'm not making this up: If your guy went to SH all he'd find is an empty town, Silent Hill knows who's right for the place. It wouldn't pick someone if it knew that person would stand a chance against his inner demons, it also wouldn't choose someone who has little to no demons. It's as simple as that.

and I have to simply ask: What experience do you have with Rping?

Postby Kyomen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:33 pm

The CS has nothing to do with GM's. The Narrator is pretty much the person playing the town, but I do see where you're coming from. But you do have to understand, making your CS is what lets others know how you'll probably react, but it's not exactly how you'll react. I can go back and fill in some of the holes and connect some things; however, I'd like to see interesting twists not the obvious monsters and traps based on fears and things. I MAY have overdid a bit, but having an RP that I can predict is pretty much reading a book.

:And what experience? Well for one, visual online rp games. Another is RPing is pretty much just a story written by multiple people and has a large variety of possibilities. Asking me what experience I have is pretty much just asking me what experience I have with the people of this forum seeing as I have no on hand proof my experience. And so far my experiences with people here seem to be those who've been here much longer than others seem to always be right. I can explain this, but it this is starting to get off topic from the whole rp thing. So if you want more about that PM me. Anyway, I've got a couple years of experience and other credentials that aid in my ability to rp.
Last edited by Kyomen on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:41 pm

What are you talking about with this "narrator", and the GM's not being connected to the CS?

Have you ever done and RP here? Like at all?

Postby Kyomen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Ok x.x "Narrator". In an rp based off of silent hill, explain to me how people are guided around the town and when monsters pop out. I'll explain it a bit more in detail in a second. If you'd like anyway.

And two, no I haven't rped here, so I don't know the correlation between GM's and the CS. So if you want to, by all means fill me in. But so far people new to the forum in any way aren't treated as such. No help at all. D:
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:03 am

Oh dear, it looks like we've figured out our problems right here. . .

look, I forgot the term for it, but this is a literature based RP forum. We make our RP's like people make books, we use past tense like an author would, things like that.

I can see you don't know much so I apologize for going off on you like that.

*puts on his teaching cap*

Let's get some terms down first.

Game-Master - A GM or Co-GM are the ones in charge of holding the RP together, explaining the story to the players and in general making sure no one fucks anything up. Now in this forum the GM is the one also behind the plot. essentially taking on the "spine" of the RP the GM usually takes control of the NPS's (the monsters) and also any plot driven devices in the story, the GM is the narrator, the planner, the authority, and the glue of an RP. The GM and subsequent CS's submitted by players must work together in unison to form a story, not just an RP. The GM is also in charge of what goes and what does not.

Players (CS's) - The players must cooperate by the GM's rules, but they are allowed and encouraged to be as inventive as possible. When players make a CS they must take into account the setting, CS specifications and general environment. In general it's a rule of thumb to make a CS based off of the GM's rules and how he describes the setting of the RP to be. The players are also tasked with responding to the GM's plot devices as creatively as possible (but remember their actions must make sense) and by respond I mean they write their own little section of the book everyone as a whole is writing. Because when it all comes down to it, were writing a story, not just RPing.

Other Rules:

Auto-hits area big no, no. You can't just walk up to a monster and say you hit it automatically, you must leave some space for the GM or other characters to react. The only time this is allowed is when you have obviously gotten into a spot where it becomes apparent that it's very very hard to dodge this hit (like sneaking up on someone) but in general, consort with whoever your doing this to to avoid ruining any plans they mirth have

God-modding - This is the opposite of the above. Your character is not human he can get hit like everyone else, you can't dodge every attack forever and you can't wiggle out of bad situations you yourself put yourself into.

Don't be an idiot - GM's will punish In-RP stupidity like completely disregarded a monster, auto-hitting, and god-modding. And if your character does something no thinking human being would do, we'll "reward" your thinking even if it was In-RP.

If you really want to know how we do things around here, read the rules or open any RP thread here to get a good look of how we do it. It's pretty simple once you figure it out, just check in on another thread to get a good example. And yes, we might as well be writing a book for that is what were doing.

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:06 am

Ok, the only thing you taught me there was that GM and the "Narrator" are the same thing. Everything else you said was unneeded and are pretty much there to just insult me. Plus you repeated some things I've already said. So all you're doing is trying to insult me :3 See, in the wide variety of different RP games AND games I've been to, the majority of the time GM stands for Game Master and this title usually refers to a person appointed to monitor the players or the people on a forum. Most of the time these people are only superseded by the Administrators (Admins). When you said GM, MY experiences automatically kicked in and said "Forum Moderator" and it's hard to erase an instinct like that after going through so many different games and RP games. But my gaming, rping, and forum instinct aside, you pretty much only taught me that GM and Narrator are the same thing.
Last edited by Kyomen on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:09 am

:?

those were general rules, they were not supposed to be aimed at anybody. I'd like to know if you even understood it so we have *at least* accomplished something

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:12 am

No, they were indirectly aimed at me. If that was thought through a bit more, you could've simply asked me if I knew the general RPing rules. Heard my answer. And responded accordingly.

And what I was trying to accomplish by leaving so many holes was to make it a less predictable story for me. Because I know the guy (Jasthn) Irl and I know his type of person. Most rpers don't want something predictable to happen. Like I said, I may have overdid it a bit, but I had cause for doing so.
Last edited by Kyomen on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:15 am

Do I sense a growing argument/discussion?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:16 am

XD Blood get outta here! No you don't it's simmering down D:<
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:18 am

What?

No seriously. I'm having a difficult time trying to understand your train of thought. And I mean that in the "I-am-confused" way. You don't seem to be following me at all here, I'm going to tastefully disregard the fact that you dodged my question and ask again.

Do you understand that this RP is literature based?

help me Blood, I have no idea how to get through to this person, I'm chasing the goose but it keeps running around in circles. . .

Postby Kyomen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:18 am

Yes, I understand that. >.> I thought I answered that already. No, you're not chasing a goose. You're chasing what you think is the goose, we both are xD. What we're doing is trying to explain something to the other while the other is trying to explain something to us. You're ignoring my reasoning for doing what I'm doing like I'm ignoring your question. We aren't doing it consciously, it's just cause we aren't mentally multitasking D:
-Kyo
-Kyo

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:22 am

Yes Slip. I am here.

What seems to be the problem?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:24 am

Well I'm the Co-GM, and you don't know me so you certainly will not be able to guess anything.

Go fill in those holes for us would you? If you want to leave some stuff out, at least PM it to us. If not you will put everything down as we can get a good hold of your character.

I would put it like this: You don't go to a banker, and expect the banker to know how much money you want to take out of your account.

@Blood: I'll see if he gets any better but. . . .

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing