COR: The Dark Ages OOC Sign-ups are CLOSED Carnivals are fun

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: COR: The Dark Ages OOC Sign-ups are OPEN for business :D

Postby Zelosse » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:10 am

Are we gonna be hitting thing's? Cause I rather enjoy hitting thing's.

Postby sam4books » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:41 am

@Mac: Yup. I sort of been waiting for someone to make an elementalist anyways.

@Fenix: Of course. This wouldn't be a much enjoyable RP without chances to beat the crap out of NPCs :P Little fights and challenges are going to be lingering around...just waiting to be provoked... That or you'll be dragged into a fight against your will (it goes both ways often). But I'll make sure that you get a chance to "hit things" one way or another ;D

Dang, there's a lot of Icilees too o.O Didn't think they'd be this popular.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Slipslash » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:06 am

We've got three merchants so far, all from Icilee. I'll be breaking mine into the city too, but hey, at least mine has a better reason for being in such a rich city. . .

and at least mine won't be a lowly merchant :)
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby sam4books » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:10 am

Thank you Slip, this RP needs diversity. *hopes she does not see another merchant for awhile*
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Musicmac » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 am

Mine's not 'truly' an Icilee. :3
Listen.

Postby Akaine » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 am

sam4books wrote:Dang, there's a lot of Icilees too o.O Didn't think they'd be this popular.

Me either, that's why I picked Gypsy, before everyone else got the jump on it XD

And if you take looks at my CS every now and then, you'll notice it slowly forming into a person XD SLOWLY. But it's happening. Then, one time, it'll just burst into fleshed life. XD
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby sam4books » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:18 am

@Akaine: And a wonderful life it shall be. *nods sagely*

@Mac: Hmm? Suddenly I'm interested :3
In passing

Postby Musicmac » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:22 am

Btw Sam, does Rathya currently have any dangerous inhabitants like...Oh, i don't know, gigantic spiders or anything similar?
Listen.

Postby sam4books » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:48 am

Oh yes. In fact, that last post MAY become a description for those things.

The most prominent would be the very first beast I ever created as a kid. The Rapture:

The above is an example of its early appearances (Yes I used Comic Sans back then. It was horrible). As you can see the Rapture is pretty much a giant bird with one eye and a sideways beak. Weird I know, but I've always wondered if anyone thought of corking a bird's beak sideways. Another weird thing about the Rapture is that it can technically be described as a lizard too. Its legs are covered with greenish-yellowish scales, and its beak actually has TEETH (yeah). I think It had a lizards tail, but now I'm considering to scrap that and give it the normal birds tail. Or something.

In fact here's another picture of the Rapture for ya:

It was made in the year 2007, so that's three years ago. I don't really know how accurate these things are, but its just to give you an idea. Just forget that chest thing is there. Honestly I do not know what I was thinking. Kinda reminds you of a certain dino, doesn't it?

That's the idea.

Oh, and they're not extinct (despite what the picture says), they are an endangered species though (Those beaks must be priceless! Or eyes, or the unheard of purple feather! Seriously.). I sort of changed my mind about the extinct thing, mainly because it would sort of contradict some things.

Oh, and protip - Raptures are sacred to Bludists. Just saying.

There are other beasts as well. I'm just too lazy to describe them at the moment. But yes, there ARE giant spiders (and giant spider colonies), as well as giant centipede/earthworm....things. Oh, and there's a furry thing with a trunk that circus people use in their performance. The furry thing with a trunk is new, and it has white-->grey fur. You can guess where that came from. And it has absolutely nothing to do with woolly mammoths (<--Lie) :P
In passing

Postby Slipslash » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:35 am

Well if it's diversity you want I've got you covered

Name: Landgrave B. Slater
Gander: Male
Race: Man-kin
Nationality: Icilee

Standing: Lawful Neutral

Profession: English Aristocratic Tutor/Specialty Magician

Appearance: Land stands at 6'6 and weighs in at a slim 206 lbs. he looks as light as a feather. His hair is a dark auburn, his eyes are a deep ocean blue. Usually Land wears a suit for the distinguished gentlemen of the century. As well as a stove-pipe hate that is more short then it is tall. The hat has a single white ribbon running around it, about 2 inches thick, in white. His skin is the normal Caucasian color (otherwise becoming an aristocrat would have been a lot harder for "this-day-and-age") He carries a silver pocket-watch in his right jacket breast-pocket, the chain of which hangs out and loops onto one of his jacket buttons. He wears "out-door" dress shoes, shoes that look like dress-shoes but are actually suited for walking around. "For the distinguished gentlemen." he also wears a pair of black leather gloves. The Jacket is also different and looks more like a trench-coat then anything. Depending on the weather the belt on said jacket will either be tied up, or the belt loose and left to float in the wind along with his jacket being opened. Land likes to keep his collar up so it's usually stuck like that. He wears a set of full-moon spectacles that are just big enough for his eyes. The center of the spectacles are gold.

Weapons:

Gra-mmar
- a shape-shifting weapon of Land's. What had once been a family air-loom (for someone else) was put into better use by Land's careful infusion of magic. Over some time magic was infused into this blade. But where Land thought he'd get a weapon worth a lot to random nobles, he instead got Gra-mmar. It became evident that this blade had taken on characteristics of its master, as such it became useful to no one but Land. It normally takes on the appearance of a cane that tapers into a thick pole. The end of its cane form looks to be covered in metal.

Exclamation Point (EP):

EP STAFF - The "cane" transforms into what resembles an elongated exclamation point or a cane that tapers into a ball on one end, and looks as thick as your wrist on the other. When the ball part hits someone or a wall, the effect of whatever it hits is amplified by about 3x it's effect. For instance, if Land hits a thin concrete wall the wall will quite literally explode into small pieces. If hit on a person, expect a hit with a very substantial amount of force behind it. The sound for said hits is also amplified by a quite large amount and can in some cases cause temporary deafness. Can be very very deadly to all present if Land hits an explosive. If used on magic (blocking or hitting) it can quite literally make the magic explode in air, but the more higher level the magic the more a chance Land has of super-charging it *BAAAD IDEA*

EP ROTOR - As the name implies, Land can spin EP like the blades of a helicopter. Holding it by the rounded end instead of the thick part. In response the rounded end separates from the stick, and the stick flattens down and twists into a shape suitable for flying. Can be used as a protective barrier against gun-fire, but the more "protection" from gunfire it has (I.E. the faster it spins) the more off-balance Land becomes as he pulls against the wind. If held straight up in the air Land can take off and fly away. Can, of course, be used as a capable weapon. Can block magick but up to a certain degree, dependent on how much magic Land had in him at the time.

EP CANNON - Holding the cane at waist level with the rounded end pointed away Land can quit literally use the cane as a cannon. The rounded end shoots off at much the same speed of a rocket, but does a lot of more area damage then the club, but most of its damage is derived from the massive sound and air displacement created by the blast, the "explosion" you could say reached up to 10 ft, the displacment created by sound: 15ft, the sound itself: a mighty 250 decibles and can be heard for miles. For some reason Land is not directly effected by the sound of it going off. The rounded end returns after 30 minutes have passed.

Question Mark (QM):

QM SICKLE - Gra-mmar turns into a question-mark cane. Holding the neck of the mark Land can use it like a sickle. The "neck" of the cane can also be extended and reduced quit fast, whether it's shooting out 8 ft, or 15ft. Of course there's a limit which is how much can be extended before Land topples over. Any cuts, minor or not are subject to the QM effect. Other then that, functions like any other sickle.

QM BOOMERANG- A combination of the sickle and the cannon. the Curved end is fired from the neck going out in an angle and eventually coming back to its owner. Does the same poisonous damage as the sickle.

QM CANNON - like EP cannon, QM is fired in much the same way. Hip-fired or shoulder-fired. But the QM cannon uses the QM effect, thus making the QM cannon more area of effect whether organic or not.

QM Effect - For people, QM works as a poison would, except QM is more of a negative poison magic. Mild illusions, befuddlement of thoughts, words, time, nausea, dizziness, loss of balance. These are just some of the effects QM has on organic targets. The more serious the damage inflicted, the more the "poison" seeps in. The damage, no matter how small, is stackable. The QM sword does nothing for inorganic targets or objects, but it does have a high-chance of cutting through magic due to it's "Questionable" abilities (Oh look a pun) QM cannon can peirce most objects and armor due to how it reacted with matter. The only thing the cannon cannot peirce readily are magical barriers and shields. It seems unlike the sword, that can slice magic, the cannon cannot.

Gra-mmar's Arsenal - Gra-mmar also has access to most of the world's know alphabet and grammar symbols as weapons as well. These work like normal weapons, have no special attributes, and are about the size of a medium sized dog. It would be possible for Land to throw a period at someone's head. Remember, these are just magic condensed into physical form. Gra-mmar can keep supplying Land with the letters/numbers/symbols so long as no one dissolves there essence,e in which case the letter cannot be used again (and must be later "recharged" by Land himself) The dimensions and weight of each letter/number/symbol can be changed. Land could use a narrow \ as a knife or he could change it's dimensions into something of a spear. Inorder to "summon" these weapons Land simply reached into Gra-mmar as one would a portal.

Personality: Landgrave is a man that lives for the human language, English specifically. He will not hesitate to correct someone's grammar on the spot. A Grammar-Nazi before the Nazis. But don't let that fool you, while Land can be that way, he only does it with his profession. In anyway else Land can be nice and intellectual. But step into his area and you'll find he turns into a cold emotionless robot. It's just the way he is, having been trained on the subject for so long. Land also loves magick, and has never once gotten an incantation wrong, due in part to his English training. And while he can be quite adamant about the language, Land isn't so good with everything else, and in fact is a prime follower of the saying "go with the flow" more then a bit naive Land trusts people far more then he should, except when they try to fiddle around with everyone, then he simply shrugs at them (As his alignment suggests) and for someone dealing with just a language Land also likes to think quit abstractedly, he reads plenty of books after-all.

Magick: Land carries at least one spell-book around with, he is a after all, a magician. Focusing more on alchemy then anything he turn various substances into others. He knows naught else but other simple magicky that he does not other using due to its ineffectiveness in his line of work. Gra-mmar is his only indication that he's "different" from plain magicians.

Hobbies: Reading any multitude of book, Land follows the virtue of "books sharpen the mind" and so he reads plenty. The book he's reading at the time can be found in his inner jacket pocket. Land is also a Private English Tutor for the aristocracy of Icilee, he is known between the rich families there as a great teacher (so far at least) and plenty would jump at the chance to hire the gentlemen with the strange cane. Of course Land considers himself an aristocrat and considers everyone beneath him hopeless in the sense that they probably do not know how to read or write and probably never will. Due to this connection with the families Land does have some political standing.

History: Land was born into a noble-servant family in Icilee. He was at first trained, like others, to serve the various nobles there in the hopes that one day he would become one himself. However,it became evident that the boy excelled in another field. The English language. His teachers were amazed at the boys ability with words and grammar. He'd often correct people mid-sentence. ANd so his parents agreed for Land to instead pursue the path of a scholar. Graduating form the Icilee university with a masters in English Land quickly entered the teaching scene. Because there were many noble children, many of whom needing teaching by private tutors as no straight-thinking noble would ever send their child to *shudder* public school

Sometime during his studies Land became interested in magick. Being well-off he managed to get most of the basic texts for a magician. Land found he did not like most magick except for magic-forging or the forging of weapons through magic. That was the only thing Land liked and the only thing he was good at (considering he was too old to pursue general magickry) Gra-mmar is the product of Land's infusing of an already great and somewhat magical sword. Through one of his connections Land managed to procure a sword with history, at a pretty penny (8 months worth of pay) but he managed it all the same. Thinking he could increase the value of the sword and make up for the losses. After a few years the sword was now something else entirely and useless to anyone but Land. But Land had since risen through the "teaching" ranks so he really didn't care and used the "weapon" from then on as a simple cane, discovering its uses in the safety of his home.

Having worked in Icilee for 4 years Land feels it is now time to move to a different city. He's a well off, well known English tutor for the wealthy families in Icilee, Land feels, no he knows, knows it shouldn't be too hard to get into Meka. If the city is all everyone says it is it will also have plenty of rich-families who need their children taught in the way of English. What reason would they have to keep him out? I mean, it's not like he's some lowly merchant pheasant right?

Theme: Run down
Last edited by Slipslash on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Musicmac » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:56 am

Another Icillee?
Nonetheless, the guy surely is touchy about his English. :3
Listen.

Postby sam4books » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:57 am

He's not going to get along with the Orks, that's for sure.

But I like him. I'm not done looking at him just yet, but I sure was entertained while reading the CS. I love how you pretty much insulted most of the characters so far in your character's history xD
In passing

Postby Akaine » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:59 am

Yay! I'm going to continue working on my cs right now. XD The more cs's I see, the more inspired I get to invent a character that will mesh well with everyone. And by mesh well, I mean, create some waves~
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby TheLivingCouch » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Hmm... Looks like I have some work to do. Now to see how much I can get done before the sleep claims me.

Postby sam4books » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Character List is UPDATED. Slipslash is ACCEPTED.

@Akaine: Sounds like a plan.
In passing

Postby Redsnow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Name: Latoiur Banzif

Nationality: Zorron

Standing: Currently in support of the Mekian Empire

Profession/Role: Philosopher (Alchemy/Science)

Appearance: Latoiur is a tall, skinny man with walnut skin and long, black hair that he ties back, which turns mahogany under direct sunlight. He has thin hazel eyes that slant towards the tip of his nose, and thin lips that disappear entirely when he works or is thinking. His cheekbones are high and unusually prominent, while his eyes are perpetually shadowing dark bags that show even over his dark skin. His overall appearance is of a gaunt, slouching, skinny man who looks almost malnourished and perpetually tired. As he is slightly color-blind, he prefers to wear colors that he cannot easily get wrong, and is thus usually dressed in either black, beige, or shades of gray. Currently, though, he is dressed in a yellowing collared shirt, and a frayed, slightly small, pinstriped three piece of mottled gray, and dark, mud-splattered dress shoes.

Weapons/Equipment: Meka-1839-v2A "Stiltzkin". It is at once, Latoiur's servant and bodyguard. The robot is tall - almost eight feet - and is as wide as any Orr-kin warrior. Stiltzkin is made out of separate parts of iron and steel - with the iron mostly being used to provide the outer exoskeleton of the robot. It has a rather small head for its large, barrel-chested torso and heavy upper arms, while its legs are thinner than its upper half. The head is shaped like a bullet, with two eyes - one larger one that senses light, and another one on its left that can be used as a flashlight. The bottom arms are about the same size of a female man-kin's, and are made with six digits on each hand, as opposed to the three large digits on each end of the top arms. Within Stiltzkin's exoskeleton are functioning gears and pistons that move its appendages, except its abdomen, which houses a large, glowing generator that powers the entire robot.

Latoiur is also in possession of an Ether Phone - also attached to Stiltzkin - which allows him to "tune" Stiltzkin to Resonate, and connect with, any other Resonance Phone in existence. Although the design is his, he doubts that he is the only one in possession of a device. However, in order for the device to be "tuned" to a particular resonance phone, he has to obtain the exact tone to resonate the phone in - much like a phone number.

Personality: Nervous, socially awkward, and prone to bouts of extreme self-confident lecturing, Latoiur has convinced himself that he is a scholar first, and one of the brightest minds of his time, and human second. He has a hard time relating to most people, as he tends to think in mathematical abstracts, even while thinking, and will have difficulty translating those thoughts into coherent language. However, in regards to himself and his abilities, he believes that he has made come to an "informed conclusion" about the level of his intellect over the average person, and, perhaps, everyone in the world.

Magick: Weak, if unique, clairvoyance. Latoiur possesses a very weak clairvoyance that even he, himself is not aware of as it only manifests when Latoiur is subconsciously brute-forcing solutions that prove mathematical or physical theories, allowing him to arrive at solutions much faster than he would have normally. He has convinced himself and others that it is simply a mark of talent that he happened to be born with.

Hobbies: Latoiur is a workaholic and tries to understand the universe even a bit better in his free time. He attempts some technological Tinkering at times, but he has often abandoned a project in favor of a newer one than not.

History:
Latoiur was born a second son to a large farming family in the valleys near Zorron. He was frail and sickly, and could not help his siblings with their chores, or compensate his parents for the extra mouth they had to feed with work or pay. When the crops suddenly died due to a wandering fungus, and many of Latoiur's siblings, as well, the family could not afford to keep Latoiur, and he was sent to an orphanage in Zorron, his guilt now turning into his parents'.

But things could not have been better for him. He quickly learned to read and write, and his time spent conserving his energy while the other children played was, to him, a quiet blessing. Fantasy stories and fiction quickly bored him, while history frustrated him; he could often see what he thought would have been a better path for someone to take, and it frustrated him that the most qualified person to think was not in charge.

What grabbed his attention most was the Technological Revolution - every day, it seemed, new studies were being performed, new theories proven. It was a bastion of knowledge that he did not yet understand, but was determined to figure out. Within a year, the abstracts made perfect sense, and the literature itself was beginning to clear. A year after that, he could read entire proofs and understand the systems and procedures that went into them.

He wasn't planning to do it, not really. It just surprised him - the money being offered, that was - for the person who could provide a simpler solution to a problem than the one listed. Latoiur had recognized the problem and the given answer - he had read about them previously, and a simpler solution had been visible to him then, as well. Thinking nothing of it, he threw the solution into the mailbox, knowing that he would most likely never see the money listed by "Mr. M" as the reward.

1236yps, Sixteenth fall of the Fifth Cycle,
Dear Mr. M,
Attached is the solution to your quandary in the paper, with the relevant proof.
Sincerely,
Mr. L.

The reward arrived, however, and it was enough for a proper education for himself, in which he could finally leave the orphanage to excel in his own right. And so he did - the classes meant nothing to him, and soon enough, he was heading to the Zorron Upper Education system, where many technological advancements were churning out ideas and products faster than people could think of new ones.

Latouir kept in close contact with Mr. M, and continued to update his first benefactor about the ideas he was planning, and the math behind them. Soon enough, one of his theories turned into a breakthrough; the Resonance Theory postulated that the more similar two objects, made of resonating materials, the more one would affect the other. If the two resonating objects were perfect copies of each other, the medium through which they interacted would no longer apply. The idea was widely published under the name "Mr. L", and money began to flow by investors willing to see practical application of the Resonance Theory. Latouir, however, kept much of it close to the chest, and revealed only the parts necessary to prove that the theory was sound. Latoiur accepted only one of those investors, one of the technological revolution's "new money" rich in Zorron. Eventually, Latoiur was pressured into publishing his proof, which, while sound practically, was flawed, as there was an unknown, constant, element in the math that he did not yet fully comprehend.

1239 yps, Fourth fall of the Eighth Cycle,
Dear Mr. M,
Yes, I am quite pleased as well – the implementations that you suggested for my Resonance Theory have proven fruitful in the production of telephones, in particular. While there are still many small problems to work out – production is highly expensive, as it warrants the use of Magick to attain the precision needed to create a working Resonance Phone - I believe that within ten years we shall see the leaders of Icilee and Faelee be able to conference from the comfort of their own homes. And this, with no need for wires or electricity! Unfortunately, until we can improve the production process, I feel that it will be many years from now until you will be able to see, firsthand, the success of your own contributions. It is understandable, but unfortunate, that you must remain anonymous to such a degree – although, perhaps, for our purposes, it is ideal.
Sincerely,
Mr. L

Years passed, and Latoiur published another paper, albeit on a smaller scale, postulating that resonance could be artificially forced, and added it as a footnote to his original proof. He was, for the most part, exploring his whims, finding little corrections to others' theories, or even, sometimes, invalidating them completely, while living off the money his Resonance Phones were making, once Mekian technology had been implemented with his own.

He believed that he would continue his research into Resonance, possibly for the rest of his life, but a new obsession began to grip him.

Mekian technology.

1243 yps, Twenty-First fall of the Second Cycle,
Dear Mr. M,
Indeed, I have seen the newest creations from Mek – my own benefactor has procured one of these "robots" for his own enjoyment; I cannot help but express the confusing concoction of wonder and frustration that I felt when looking upon it. It is not conscient – but it seems that it is not like those who failed the original Teleportation tests. If anything, it seemed like it possessed
half a soul, rather than possess a full one. It can be subservient and think under rules and guidelines, but cannot think outside of them. It is obvious that there are those in Mek who are willing to bend the rules of non-Magick; I could see, in the success of this "robot", failures in the creation of Homunculi. The same failures that we had been confronted with not so long ago.
Sincerely,
Mr. L
Postscript: Attached is a simple solution to the problem that you posed. It merely answers the practical side of the problem. Unfortunately, with our understanding of light, we cannot fully prove what you have postulated.

1245 yps, Fifteenth rise of the Third Cycle,
Dear Mr. M,
The robot that my benefactor has given me has many – too many – marvels that I had not anticipated! Truly, the Mekian understanding of physics is unparalleled.
I have but one concern with my new companion, in that he requires no sustenance to move or operate – indeed, it seems that he runs on some sort of device which has fundamentals that are not entirely unrelated to Zorronian teleportation technology. It is, however, flawed, and I am in the midst of working out a proof to better explain, or perhaps, even improve upon, the theory by which it functions. However, I feel that the journey towards understanding will be a long one, in this instance – I must start from scratch.
Sincerely,
Mr. L.

He was gifted with a robot, one of the very few manufactured, by his first and central investor, the man he had made very, very rich; however, "Stiltzkin", as he called the robot with no particular reason, only deepened his obsession. He had never ceased to write to Mr. M, or he to Latoiur, and seemed, if anything, amused by Latoiur's frustration at being unable to comprehend the theory that went into the application of Mekian technology.

That, however, was solved in one fell swoop.

1248 yps, Seventh fall of the Second Cycle,
Dear Mr. M,
My dear friend, words cannot express the gratitude that I felt when I found that our Zorronian library was holding an extremely rare copy of Naveen Tinker's Principles of Ether Dynamics for a Mr. L. And to see a "From Mr. M" written in the front cover! I am finding that my friend of a decade has a mischievous side to him, and such a side has only brought me fortune!
Having read Naveen Tinker's book twice now, and grasping the fundamentals of this energy transfer method from the abstract in which light travels, I have ascertained that his understanding of this is limited. I have attached a simple proof showing that it is indeed possible to gain a far greater output than Naveen's original hypothesis predicted.
Excited and grateful,
Mr. L

Excited, amazed, Latoiur was able to finally understand the central theories that supported almost all of Mekian technology. The more he understood it, the more he realized Naveen Tinker's genius, and the continued untapped potential of Mekian philosophy. It was, to him, as if he had learned to read for the first time - he simply understood the world better. And, as always, he began to, privately, make his own additions to that knowledge.

Mr. M, upon being notified that Latoiur had comprehended Ether Theory, began to share with Latoiur unfinished theories and baffling conundrums that were rising at the very forefront of that scholarship. Never before had Latoiur been more suspicious of Mr. M (perhaps he was a spy for Sulists or Bludists? Or one of the rumored minds that secretly controlled the Mekian Empire?), but never before had it mattered to him less. Latoiur was improving upon and proving theories left and right - and, as he did so, the universe was becoming comprehensible.

That was, until he began to compile his proofs in a vain plan of publishing them and revealing his genius to the few who, to his new philosophy, truly understood the world. But as he did so, and after recieving his last request from Mr. M, the progression of thought began to clear.

What he discovered he had almost single-handedly created horrified him.

1252 yps, Twentieth fall of the Twelfth Cycle,
You must stop pursuing such unholy knowledge, Mr. M – I have solved this last question for you, and I see now, and only now, where it leads. I will not give you the pleasure of dipping my hands in the blood of innocents - and that blood that will run as thick and rapidly as a river, should you continue this research into extracting Ether particles and bring them into our world. I hold the key to your despicable ambitions, and you know this – without my final proof, you cannot complete what you obviously are attempting to do with the perverse knowledge we have so foolishly believed we were believed we were entitled to.

I have little doubt that you, or whomever else you have working for you, will, in time, be able to find the proof I have burned. But know this; when that day comes, and you fulfill your ambitions, you will not be God, and your soul will be damned in the same pit I hope this knowledge will never leave.

And I shall be there to stop you.

Mr. L

Theme: Ænema
Last edited by Redsnow on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:01 am, edited 9 times in total.

Postby sam4books » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:11 pm

FINALLY! Somebody else who's not from Icilee!

Sorry, I had to say that.
In passing

Postby Redsnow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:13 pm

I took some liberties with the dating system (I used cycles of the two moons to indicate months, and the rise and fall of the sun to indicate days), I hope you don't mind. I will leave Mr. M's identity up to you, Sam.

Postby sam4books » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Eh, I may actually use that dating system in the future (if you don't mind). Dividing up the years was one of the things I had trouble with during the world building process.
In passing

Postby Redsnow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Go for it - I'm glad I could help, however inadvertently I did so.

Postby sam4books » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Oh, and by the way Red there's something I need to bring your attention to.

Age 16 – 1236 yps (First Letter)
Age 19 – 1239 yps
Age 23 – 1243 yps
Age 25 – 1245 yps
Age 28 – 1248 yps
Age 31 – 1251 yps
Age 33 – 1253 yps (Present Time)

You sure you want him to be thirty-three?
In passing

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Still thinking over characters. Considering some kind of Orc fighter, but that's just one possibility.

And I must admit Red, that last letter of your history was great. Makes one curious.
For the Greater Good

Postby Akaine » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks Sam, I'm so lazy and mathematically retarded. XD
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Zako » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:14 pm

WIP

CS:

Name: Nitori Hydrelend.

Nationality: Zorron

Standing: Chaotic Neutral.

Profession/Role: Engineer/ Mechanical, Chemical and Materials Engineering

Appearance: Only 5’ 1’’, Nitori is short for a person her age. Unlike most girls, she wears her clothing with her own flair regardless of popular fashion. Boots made from hard wearing fabrics and rubber, gloves from thick leather, and her dress and shirt is blue green with multiple pockets. She wears an olive green cap and her backpack is large and stuffed full of equipment and tools that she can fit inside. He belt has multiple attachments and pockets and held up by military style suspenders.

Weapons/Equipment: .45 Pistol- Nitori’s father designed this pistol long before she was born. While most people bought revolvers and other similar weapons, her father and a few others designed handguns that did not rely

Personality: Incredibly shy, Nitori’s shyness stem from the great fear of meeting new people. Despite this, Nitori is extremely friendly if someone manages to coax her out from her self-imposed isolation from the general public. If one does manages to coax her out from her isolationist tendencies, then one would be greeted by a barrage of curious questions over how he or she’s gadgets work a lecture on basic physics laws, and stories of her own life. Unless you tell her otherwise she will keep on blathering away but it’s usually a short time before she goes back to her own meek self.
Magick: Elemental Magic- Creation and Manipulation of water. Because of this power, Nitori is an expert in underwater combat and can stay for a long time underwater.

Hobbies:

History:

Theme:
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Redsnow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:04 pm

sam4books wrote:Oh, and by the way Red there's something I need to bring your attention to.

Age 16 – 1236 yps (First Letter)
Age 19 – 1239 yps
Age 23 – 1243 yps
Age 25 – 1245 yps
Age 28 – 1248 yps
Age 31 – 1251 yps
Age 33 – 1253 yps (Present Time)

You sure you want him to be thirty-three?

Yes, that was all intentional - he contacted Mr. M for the first time when he saw one of those "solve this and win a hundred dollars!" type deals. I'm going to place actual history bits in between each letter, so stuff'll be better explained in the finished product.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing