Infinte Serenade: Chapter One-The Autumn Festival

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Infinte Serenade: Chapter One-The Autumn Festival

Postby Acktoo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Once again a voice boomed over the festival, though this time it was not that of the current announcer’s, but rather that of a different male, one unfamiliar to the patrons of the festival.“Sorry, folks,” the voice began. “This year’s Autumn Festival will have to end a bit early.”

Whispers started to circulate through the crowd. It seemed absurd to end the festival after less than one day (it normally ran for a week), not to mention before the finale of a scheduled stage performance. Before anyone could voice a complaint, however, the sound of several large explosions ripped through the autumn night air. As the majority of the crowd turned to look for the sources of the noise, the announcer continued. “This here’s a stick-up,” it explained. “Well, an elaborate stick-up, anyway. If ya value yer lives, I suggest ya don’t resist while me an’ my ‘boys’ liberate yer valuables, understand?”

As if on cue, the festival was overrun by a combination of bandits, thugs, and miscreants, their number rivaling that of a private army. Lit by the blazes that were the burning carnival tents, the threatening party advanced towards the festival patrons, brandishing a medley of weaponry. Panicking, those who were in danger of being robbed scattered, leaving the new announcer’s ‘boys’ to chase after them. The Reis Autumn Festival had become a scene of chaos.

[Alicia Hayley, Performance Stage]

Alicia, meanwhile, had been scanning the area for the bearer of bad news, and before long she located her target: a group of seven shady-looking individuals, one of which had a device similar to that of the festival’s announcer. Leaving little time to waste, the archer jumped off the stage and dashed towards the seven’s location, weaving through the frenzied patrons and their assailants. Noticing the girl’s advancement, the one with the sound carrier scattered the other six, leaving himself open, a smug grin on his face.

((The main enemies (the seven) will be described in the next set of posts; go ahead and entertain your characters with the lesser foes until then.))
Too good for you.

Postby Geomancer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:42 pm

*In front of the stage*

Mauro turned his head frantically. "What now?" He pushed his way through the terrified crowd and sunk his sword's hilt into the ground. "Stone Sword: Steen!" As he pulled the sword out of the paved road, one of the stones seemingly disappeared. Mauro now had a sword of stone. The gem in the hilt had changed color and was now grey, like slate.. "Come on then, let's see what you got!"

He charged a thug and swung his sword. The gem sparkled and the short sword the thug brought out to block was knocked aside as Mauro's sword swung past and hit the man with a much greater force than it should have. Fortunately for him, Mauro hit him with the flat of the blade, cracking several ribs and sending him flying rather than carving him up. Mauro pulled the sword back as if it weighed nothing. "Next!" He saw a bandit menacing a woman and child and knocked him out of the way as if he were a toy ball. "Don't worry, I'll protect this place. Get home and lock the doors!" He selected another target and went after him.
Last edited by Geomancer on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Bolts » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:24 am

Harvey Roots - Terrified Mob

Harvey's eyebrow raised as the voice over the loud speaker announced that the festival would be coming to an untimely end. Like most around him, Harvey thought it was just an unfortunate accident at first. The true cause soon revealed itself however. "Seriously? Who robs a carnival?" Ordinarily, Harvey's first reaction would be to fight, but with so many people around, magic wasn't an option and his lack of any physical weapon certainly put Harvey in a tight spot. Whether by some fluke, or just some strange divine intervention, the area around Harvey cleared out as people ran away screaming in an attempt to get away from the thugs before their precious wallets could be taken from them.

This unfortunately left Harvey standing in a roughly 50 foot circle, holding his hands in the air like a fool. "Well.....this could be problematic." The mage kept his hands in the air as a small group of four to five thugs approached him, all brandishing some form of sharp, pointy metallic object with which to pierce him. One of the thugs made a few gestures as if asking Harvey to hand over his wallet. Unfortunately, Harvey had already blown most of his pocket change on food whilst the rest of his savings sat in his hotel room. Needless to say, when no money was presented, the thugs moved in.

Harvey's breathing seemed to stop for a moment as his attackers drew near. The atmosphere around the poorly dressed man had changed. It was heavy. In fact breathing seemed to grow more difficult around the young man. "Surge..." Pivoting on his heal, a shockwave of some oddly blue colored aura-like substance spewed forth from Harvey, sending his attackers rocketing backwards as the concentrated burst of sound pummeled into them. "No one touches me..." he half growled, his once emerald green eyes hollowing out into a pair of dead spheres. Moving his attention away from the lowlifes; Harvey focused on the remaining members of the crowd. Most of the townspeople had fled by now, leaving only a few stragglers and a whole lot of crooks.

Harvey cracked his knuckles as the same blue aura began to surround his hands. "Like sheep to the slaughter, hm?" The once cheerful man's voice had become almost animalistic as he spoke. One by one Harvey began picking of the thugs, sending shockwave upon shockwave of concentrated sound magic into their skulls. Most were rendered unconscious instantly. Those were the lucky ones. The ones who had narrowly avoided receiving the full force of the previous attack now had to deal with an even more annoyed Harvey. "Come on..." the mage said, grinning from ear to ear sadistically. "Let's see what you've all got."

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 am

“Sorry, folks, This year’s Autumn Festival will have to end a bit early.”

Artemis's eyebrow arched at the distance of the booming voice. The announcer was most definitely not friendly. His understanding of the situation was cleared when the man decided to promote his goal for stick-up. Petty thieves with a cultivating thinker of a mastermind...how utterly impairing on such fun times...

When a group of thugs approached him he sighed in exhaustion. They laughed in sure knowledge of their victory. "It's four against one boy. Give us your money and we won't have to hurt you."

"Well now that's not very nice, now is it? I think I'll have to decline. Go bother someone else with your antics." Artemis replied as he moved his neck to take the chinks out and proceeded to become laid out on the grass, hands behind his head. He watched intently as the thugs sneered.

"I don't think you know the severity of your situation boy. Gut him." They converged on him almost simultaneously. He rolled to his left to avoid a club to the stomach and jumped to his feet, hands already palming his tonfa. His smirk beckoned them to attack.

With the first lunging thug, he pulled out one tonfa and jutted the end under the man's chin. Another man came to his left and he easily blocked with his other tonfa against the pipe aimed at his head. A stab of his right tonfa into the man's abdomen. Then a twist of his left wrist slammed the weapon into the man's face and brought the thug to his knees. His right tonfa descended on the back of the nape of the initial attacker and he was out for the count. The third man came in a rush, fueled by angry with a knife in his hand. Artemis ducked from a swipe aimed at his neck, which gave him the chance to knock the man from his feet with a sweeping kick. His tonfa spun in his hands as he brought them forcefully to the side of the man's head and another hit in the stomach for insurance purposes. The last thug had a polearm and he was smirking. With a small yelp Artemis nearly dodged the descent of the blade on the pole's edge. He glared at the thug as the bladed weapon was repositioned. A jab towards his chest made him back off before knocking the pole to the side with his tonfa. He scowled at the shirt of a small tear on his shirt. The polearm attempted to take his head again and he easily dodged, this time when the blade hit the earth, he stomped on the edge, snapping the blade off. He grin at the surprised expression of the thug, which gave him ample time to run forward and swipe at the man's arms. At first Artemis was blocked but as with every dual wielder verses single arms, he had an advantage in their position. He snapped his wrist and the tonfa smacked the man clear in the face, sending him stumbling back. With a quick concession of both tonfa, Artemis attacked the man's chest. He went down after the last hit and the storyteller exhaled in slight relief.

Knocked out cold but they'll live. Artemis' eyebrow arched again as he turned around one of the thugs groaned and turned on their side against the grass. Missed one... He knelt down to block the man's sight with his waving smiling face.

"This could have been avoided really.....Oh, by the way—before I forget—if you haven't already noticed. I'm not your boy." He finished as he proceeded to twist his wrist and his right tonfa hit the back of the man's head. He went limp and Artemis sighed. Don't tell me I have to do this for the majority of my time over here...I was going to enjoy a smoke...Damn...sometimes it sucks being on the good side.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Karo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 am

~Aryala Breslin: One of the few left in front of the stage~

Aryala finally glanced away from the stage as someone on the sound system stated that the fair was ending early, because everyone was about to be robbed. The thugs managed to air out the crowd around the stage, as people ran away to try and save their wallets. It wasn't long until one of the goons came at her, grinning foolishly. "Hand over yer purse, missy, a'fore I hafta take it by force." he said, and Aryala almost winced at how bad his grammar was, it was amazing how some people could go through life never bothering to learn to speak properly.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't do that. You see, I don't carry a purse. I have a coin purse, but that's a completely different thing. So I have no purse to give you." She turned to face him before speaking, her hands clasped in front of her, a pleasant smile on her lips.

"Oy, no cheek now missy, you knows wot I mean. 'And over yer cash all noice and quiet like." He took another step towards Aryala, reaching out to grab her. Which was unfortunate for him, because one he tried to put a hand on her, she immediately unclasped her hands and grabbed him by the wrist and shifted her weight, using his momentum to drag him past her, throwing him so off balance that he fell face first to the floor.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Redsnow » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:33 am

-Rucio Warren, First Aid Tent -

The announcement carried over even to the first aid tent - and seemed to soon follow with a number of things.

One, the screams. It seemed that the announcer was going to be good on his word and had unleashed a small army of bandits onto the festival grounds

Two, the shadows. Rucio could already see some figures lurking around the outside of the tent, silhouetted by the tent's fabric. It seemed that the tent's attackers didn't really bother with stealth, either.

"I don't understand why we're attacking a first aid tent," one called as he ripped open the fabric with a long dagger and entered.

"Medicine is expensive," said one his companions, also entering and giving Ciara a greeting sneer. "And the injured are always easier targets. They don't run away so easy, either."

Soon enough, there two more entered and leered at them. "All the medicine and money. Now, or we cut your fingers off one by one."

While the men had been entering, Rucio had pulled his mask up to cover the bottom half of his face. His eyes twinkled as he visualized a 7x7x7 wall appearing between them and the two in front of him, and murmured, "Barrier!"

What came out, however, was gibberish that sounded something along the lines of "barrier" in the First Language, but his cut lip had sabotaged his pronunciation.

"Shit," he said. That, at least, did not require his bottom lip.

Postby Akaine » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Ciara McClellan, First Aid Tent

Ciara looked around at the sound of the bandit's announcement and bit her lip, frowning slightly before walking calmly over to her kit and opening one of the side drawers and pulling out two scalpels that looked more than deadly in her skillful hands. "Be careful, I don't want anyone else getting hurt, alright?" She commented, looking at the rest of the patients before giving Basil a quick nod. She couldn't tell him not to leave, but she did feel guilty for letting the boy go without any supervision.

Then, as she had feared, Bandits. "Fuuuu-dge." She muttered, before facing the bandits face-on. Her face was serious while managing to look kind of sad. The sneering didn't bother her so much as the attitudes that they had: stealing medicine from a first-aid tent? Really? What trash. "Well, let's see if you can get my fingers." She had heels on, and although she was able to run very well in them, she didn't want to leave her patients alone to deal with this lot. She saw Rucio try to say something that backfired, by his reaction, and she held out her scalpels, edges facing the bandits in a classy challenge. "We don't have to fight, you realize. If you leave now, we can both get out of this tent without any damage happening to your person. You have my word." She paused for a short moment before continuing, giving them a dark look that made her violet eyes look deadly, "However, if you decide to not accept my offer or lie, then you will find yourselves in a horrible predicament." She turned over the scalpels in her hands without looking at them, she knew where they were.

She turned her eyes slightly to the group of patients, particularly locking eyes with Laem, giving them all a look that said more than just 'I will protect you with my life', but also one of affection, the kind that can be given from one who cares about people and their well being can only give. Sure, she was from a particularly famous guild, but that didn't mean that she was stuck up or anywhere near pretentious in any manner. These people were her patients, and she was sort of attached to them now: if those bandits undid any of her hard work, they would find themselves in a world of hurt.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Livix » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Basil - The show must go on

As Basil left at the announcement of the bandits he thought to himself "What stupid bandits, attacking a town that's known for mages and adding on to that they attacked the town holding the headquarters of one of the strongest guilds in the country"

He broke his thought process as a bandit came to him threatening him with your standard bandit weapon, saying something along the lines of "Give me all you got" in such slurred uneducated speech Basil could hardly understand it.

Basil simply responded by looking at him with a bored face and shooting a fireball at the weapons metal part, melting the weapon and possibly burning the bandit's hand. Basil could have sworn he smelled the guy s*it himself as he ran away in fear.

and before he knew it a brave soul decided it would be a good idea to try a sneak attack since he had seen what Basil had done to the other guy, when he was making his way to him. Basil just put up a barrier of white flame of defense behind himself, stopping the blade mid stab and scaring the piss out of the guy as he thought he was about to be burned.

after those two events Basil simply kept walking as if nothing had happened trying to get to the main bad guy knowing an Infinite Serenade member would swoop in and stop him
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:25 am

-Laem, First Aid Tent-

Laem couldn't quite make out Alicia's performance from back where he was. He could tell that it seemed to involving shooting things with a bow. Like the Ruby Warrior's act, it didn't hold his interest. More silly physical actions. Still, she'd be his new guild leader (hopefully) and everyone else was paying attention to it, so why not. Still couldn't see it past the crowd of people though. Not that he had to, as all too soon a strange voice resounded through the town. Moving back inside the first aid tent, he was rather confounded. What? Sticking up an entire fair? Oh, no that's just ridiculous. Where do you even get enough people for that?

Backing up besides Ciara, he watched as four bandits walked into the tent. He was reaching for a vial of fire when he took a look around. Crap. Do not want to do that. Cloth like this burns way too well. Moving his hand out of his coat, he looked up, right into a gaze from Ciara. He got the gist of it. Grinning back, he walked over towards the closest bandit. He wasn't about to let these thugs try and take stuff. And sure, she'd probably stop them, but hey. He could always use another try at impressing the guild. Especially what with that other guy failing. Slipping his fingerless gloves on over his bandages, he stood before the first bandit of the group.

"Ok, listen he-" BAM. In an instand, the bandits fist smashed into Laem's face, forcing him to take a few steps back. Holding his nose, he backed up some more as he check if it was bleeding. It was. "You bastard. Didn't even let me start a vaguely heroic speech." Reaching into his coat, he shifted closer to the doctor as he tossed a vial at the man. A strong irritant, is caused rapid burning of the skin, and hopefully eyes if his aim was on. When it hit it would certainly take the thug down. "Er, so, I hope you'll forget that part when I submit an application. Also, I think it's broken. But it'll be fine til later doc."
For the Greater Good

Postby Zelosse » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 pm

-Malzahar-

As the thugs and other miscreants began to flood the area, the older man known as Mal simply shrugged. One of the thugs went to stab him from behind with a dagger but hit only air as as Malzahar stepped to the side and swung his hand in a wide arc catching the assailant in the side of the face where an audible cracking could be heard. His jaw had snapped from the impact. Wasting no time as the man fell to the ground the old man charged forward with his cane firmly in hand to block a would-be thugs slash to his shoulder before slamming his fingers into the mans throat crushing his windpipe, bringing his hand back his elbow slammed into the side the side of another attacker caught unaware at the mans speed and clutched his side in pain before he was knocked out from a strong blow to the side of the head.
Giving a sigh he watched a group of men charge him all at once and knew he had to reveal his power a little. Staring into the eyes of the lead charger he sent a ripple of his power directly to his brain, the simpleton could not comprehend the force that had just invaded his mind as only a strong will can ease the pain of the visions. He would see wasps and insects the size of baseballs swarm around him and latch into him like moths to flame. The mans mind was gone now, warped by the sudden frightening visions he lashed out at the 'bugs' and caught 3 of his allies with slashes from his blade slowing them down.
Charging amidst their confusion the old man cocked his right arm back and slammed his open palm into the furthest enemies forhead stunning if not outright crushing his skull, his opposite hand had delivered a jab to the side before bringing his other hand down hard onto his back to crack the spine. Malzahar had begun to sweat as this kind of thing was not in his usual day-to-day life but he enjoyed it non the less. Finishing off the wounded men with jabs from his cane to the throat he swung like a baseball star to snap the inflicted mans neck. None of his victims likely felt pain long enough to scream.

Postby Redsnow » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:06 am

=Rucio Warren - First Aid tent=

Rucio, for the most part, ignored the screams of one of the bandit as one of his fellow injured did something to him. He was, for the most part, far too occupied with the two bandits that had decided to target him, after seeing him fail at attempting to do what he was trying to do.

"Shitcha' see tha'?" asked one of them, a smarmy looking bastard with greasy hair, half-shaven stubble, and a long scar that ran from his lip to his chin. "If yous don't wanna get stucked, you'd best be given us them valuables." He flipped a dagger in his hand.

The other held a longsword but only leered past Rucio at the doctor.

Rucio didn't say anything in return - he was trying to think of the best way out of this, his mind racing over minor words that might be able to distract his foes. But the answer came to him as one of the bandits leaped towards him, dagger outstretched.

Jamming his index finger down upon his torn lip, he used it as a substitute for his bottom lip, and this time shouted, in the old language. The people immediately around him could hear him cry, "Barrier!"

A stone wall, slightly taller and thicker than Rucio had intended, appeared with a loud crash! in between him and his two assailants. At the same time, however, the wall pushed past the supports of the tent, and parts of it either collapsed or were were now supported by the new structure that had suddenly been created out of thin air in the middle of the tent.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:54 am

-Malzahar-

After ditching the scene of his rather... effective... attacks, he had made his way around the areas alleyways which now were incredibly scarce for violent perpetrators since naturally most of them had gone to the open to loot and plunder everything of value or to at least get some good shanking in. He hadn't noticed a small slash that had connected to his cheek until a few moments ago and figured it best to head somewhere he could rely on safety, at the very least he could defend himself but not if they chose to swarm him. His powers could handle this situation without any problems but he didn't like using it due to its destructive nature.

~Medical tent~

Arriving after a short walk he could see this area was no different than how the stage had been a few moments ago. Lot of goons, lot of potential murders in the streets for innocent people. Scanning around he saw the tent erupt with a stone wall from seemingly nowhere and knew there was trouble yet again, but to pick on the injured at a time like this was unforgivable in every sense. Malzahar took off in a run.
In the crowd he was nothing but a shadow, no assailant saw him and no commoner acknowledged his presence until he had arrived a few feet behind the large wall, taking advantage of their momentary distraction he came up from behind and took a firm hold of the back of both their heads, with a slight scream from both of them he pushed forward, anyone on the other side of the wall would hear an audible cracking as the stone had something impact heavily into it before the unmistakable sound of metal clanging to the floor. Walking around the wall he took a dagger from his pocket and cut through the side of the small tent before tossing the knife to the side to show he was no threat.
Blood from his small wound on the cheek had trickled down his beard giving it red streaks. "Everyone ok in here?"

Postby Akaine » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Ciara McClellan, First Aid Tent

She wondered why some scary big 'muscle-ey' bandits were scared of a young boy like Basil, but shrugged it off, they had had something happen to them, not the other way around. Noticing Laem walking up next to her, she gave him another reassuring smile, showing that she was very glad that he was there, despite the situation that they were in. She gave a start of surprise when Laem was hit and she was now getting worried. She was good in a fight, really good, but she wasn't used to doing most of the fighting against a larger number of people. She looked at Laem's bloody face and her heart plummeted. It was happening again. Her eyes began to tear up slightly. She heard him trying to make light of the situation and smiled weakly at him, gripping her scalpels tightly, before starting in surprise.

A large bandit with a red arm band walked inside the tent before the barrier was put up, and his deep voice surrounded the tent with a deep baritone that was so powerful, that he didn't have to strain his voice for everyone to hear it and feel it in their chests. Before he spoke, he looked around and shortly his gaze found Ciara's, and looked her up and down, repeatedly, making a point of taking his time at the edges of where her skirt met bare leg and the slight cleavage shown through her vest and scarf. His eyes also lingered at the Infinite Serenade tattoo on her neck, and his eyes narrowed before he licked his lips, his eyes re-connecting with her face. Finally speaking, his voice meant to wrap around her with unwanted attention, "Now, what's the hold up here boys. I told you that we have a deadline." He paused, glancing to the sides where the rest of the remaining bandits were. Ciara shuddered as he spoke, inching slightly towards Laem, trying not to show her dislike for the man. "You..." He stared at Ciara once again, giving a smirk at how she had shuddered and his smirk quickly turned into a cheshire grin. "Ya know, I might take you with me, you're a guild member. I've seen the tattoo before. Your entire guild was murdered, and you did nothing about it? Eh? Thas' what I heard." He looked smug now.

It was at times like this that she missed Alicia, she was used to working in the dynamic duo that they made, it made things very efficient, particularly when they got a long so well. She wouldn't have needed to get so violent, but unfortunately, in this case, the button had been pushed, and she was officially pissed. This guy was acting like he owned her just because he knew a few rumors. Bullshit, bullshit. She flared her petite nostrils in anger as she ground out in a rare display of anger, "You know nothing. Shut your mouth before I cut it off." She glared at the man before taking a step closer to him as he pulled out a long sword from a scabbard at his hip and Held it out at Ciara's ribs, slowly dragging the tip of the sword up from the bottom of the vest's lowest button and pulled off all of the buttons till her vest was cut open and the white tank top and scraping the skin underneath was cut in a few places, blood slowly spreading before gently clotting.

He lowered the sword and stared at the wounds before licking his lips, momentarily giving her a few openings in his stance. Stepping in quickly, she threw a scalpel into his chest, and dragged another down his arm before pulling a bandage and tying him up. Pulling out the scalpel from his chest, she held it at the man's neck and growled out to the other bandits in the tent, "If you don't want to get paid because your leader's in pieces, then you'd better leave before things get nasty." She looked like she was ready to kill the man even though she would never kill anyone, ever.

Somebody walked into the tent through a hole he'd cut, and Ciara wasn't sure that she could take any more bullshit, and said curtly, "Yes, we're good. But I swear, if anyone else tries to attack my patients, I will do something...I don't know what..." She still held the scalpel at the guy's throat, and didn't relent at all. She could feel the man's pulse through the warmed metal, and her hand was still, she had surgeon's hands for a reason. She looked at her patients and hoped that they didn't think any less of her, and looked at Laem in particular.
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Zelosse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:24 am

-Malzahar-
~Lets not play 'doctor'-

Shifting uneasily he tried to walk in but found his foot caught in the crude opening he had made, falling to the ground with an ungracious thud before rolling over to pant slightly, age was a terrible curse that nobody could avoid. He hoped he had played his part right as an old man, his voice was shaky and he had a wounded cheek so that would likely add to it. He hated showing people his other side out of fear that he may hurt them accidentally. The void took no sides but its own.
rolling to his stomach he placed one knee on the ground and raised himself up while brushing off any potential help, he got his cane underneath him and gave a sigh of relief as he looked at the doctors eyes, his were bright blue with youth but his body had turned against him as he hunched over putting more weight on the cane. "I was injured by these thugs, and this was the only place I could think of for help in case I might have been injured further, I do not wish to be a burden on anyone..."

Postby Soul » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:45 am

-Cisara- Main Stage Area-

As the bandits poured in around her and attempted to steal her belongings, Cisara was overcome with rage. "I waited for this festival all year," she began angrily clenching her fists,"And now you bandits are ruining it!" She lashed out at the bandits as they encroached on her, not giving them a chance to speak as she burst into action.

Cisara began to fight her way out of the crowd, kicking, punching, and throwing the bandits that had attempted to get at her, to full of fury to be stopped by peons. She quickly began to make her way out of the crowd, taking the hits that the bandits threw at her, and returning them with a force tenfold.

She whipped the blood from her hands as she burst out of the crowd, becoming surrounded by the bandits. She smirked looking to all of them and slowly took her stance. "Heh, bring it on," she said looking to each one.

Postby sam4books » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:30 pm

~Kaylee Brynn: Stage Area----Aw, is the show over already??~

Kaylee was enjoying the show the guildmaster was putting on for them, staring in awe as she handled her projectiles with grace and professionalism. Beside her, Sel scoffed, "An archer I see." He had nothing against archers personally, but he preferred the up and close approach than being kept out of the loop up safe on an elevated surface. Kaylee was captivated however, "How does she do that?" she asked him as the woman fired a couple arrows to the target located behind them using her hands. "Loads of practice" he responded, "And with enough time, perhaps you'll be as good with your spear as she is with her bow." "And even better than you!" "Yes" he sighed, looking around some more. He had a bad feeling, call it guts, call it a warrior's instinct, but he couldn't shake the feeling that they were about to be attacked.

Selvester hated it when he was right. His first clue was when an unknown voice boomed through the crowd, announcing the end of the festival. "Aww, it's over already?" Kaylee whined beside him, looking quite hurt. Sel shook his head, "No..." as he said this the announcer continued:

"This here's a stick-up."

'Crap' thought Sel. "Sel...?" Not even a second went by and they were suddenly attacked, the festival Kaylee looked forward to enjoying becoming a mass scene of destruction and chaos. "Go on, get out of here!" he told his sister in a hurried voice. "I'll stay here and defend the people!" Kaylee hesitated for a moment. She didn't want to leave Sel behind, especially since there was a chance she would not see him again. "GO!" he shouted. Fearfully, Kaylee took off, searching for a place of safety, looking back to see her brother engaging a group of thugs in combat. She knew that she shouldn't worry about her brother, and that he knew how to take care of himself, but she couldn't help but be nervous. This situation happened so suddenly, it made her fear what would happen if somehow the thugs would get the best of her brother. What would happen then?

Her thoughts were interrupted when a thug grabbed hold of her spear, attempting to pry it out of her hand. "Well, look'it here. A genuinely made spear. I wonder how much it sells for..." Kaylee kicked the man in the shins with one strong sweep of her feet, trying to wrestle her spear away from him. "Leave me alone, you jerk!" The bandit growled, buckling down to his knees, letting go of her spear in the process. "You're going to...pay...for that...kid..." A large hand lunged out for Kaylee's small neck, curling its fingers around it in a choking matter. "Erk!" The young warrior struggled against the bandit's grip, afraid of just how strong this guy was. Her eyes searched around the area, frantically looking for her brother, but he was no where in sight. She was all alone...having the life being choked out of her by some thug at a festival she didn't get to fully enjoy. She could almost feel the tears welling up in her eyes. But then, she remembered the training her brother gave her...

"Show no fear...even in the face of death...instead, think of ways you can outdo your opponent...no matter what situation your in...you'll always have one advantage...and your opponent...will always have a weakspot...find that weakspot...expose it...and victory shall be yours...."

Her spear was now free from the thug's hands, so she took the swing. The head of the spear crashed against the side of the thug's head, knocking him out and releasing her from his grip. Now free, Kaylee turned around, looking to escape, but instead became face-to-face with the thug's buddies.

"Oi, get a load of this girl. She thinks she's tough." one said.
"Well we'll just have to fix that now won't we?" said his friend.

Both bandits took a couple steps closer to her, brandishing their weapons in a threatening way. In response, Kaylee took a few steps back, giving the bandits a nervous smile. Behind her, the bigger thug was stirring. "Uh...guys? You're not really planning on beating me up right? I mean, is it not okay for a girl to defend herself? I'm sure we can work this all out...and pretend it never happened. We can even be friends! Let me start: Hi! My name is Kaylee! What's your names?" After saying this the spear-wielder held out a hand, expecting one of the bandits to give it a shake, but when each of them took another step near her, unfazed, Kaylee gaze them another nervous smile. "Guess not." With no time wasted, she quickly turned around and took off in a sprint, making sure to step on the head of the thug that tried to steal her spear from her, hard. "AFTER HER!" yelled them second bandit, and the chase was on.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Livix » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Basil - Show "Stopper"

Basil continued to move at a less then fast pace towards the set of bandits that had coordinated this entire "event". As he did so several more bandits tried to jump him, obviously not seeing what Basil had done to their buddies

So as all three tried to jump in all at once while trying to stab and overwhelm him, He simply put up another field of white fire and melted the weapons, although that didn't seem to detour them. After realizing the flames wouldn't burn them they started fighting hand to hand, now Basil had learned minor self defense from his master back home but only for one on one or maybe two on one, not seven on one so sufficient to say Basil felt a little scared if not simply threatened.

So using as much minor control as he could he put a small black flame in front of every fist that came his way this difficulty was only stacked as he also had to stop the at least 4 other fists coming right at him, considering 10 minuet flames is all he can handle at the moment

Learning that the black flame was different from the white flame the bandits pulled out all the stops and brought out new longer weapons that could survive the flame for longer and since Basil isn't immune to flames yet red hot metal would still hurt him. So once again crowding around him, Basil actually feared their next move, so since he felt both ashamed and scared, ashamed at being scared. He finally stopped trying to save the bandits from harm and just set fire to them with a snap of his fingers, most fell down screaming others tried to "Stop, Drop, and Roll" while others just ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off after a sufficient burning, enough to knock them out with pain, he simply kept walking as if nothing happened.
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Bolts » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:42 am

Harvey Roots - Still fighting by the stage

By now, Harvey was beginning to grow quite bored of the predicament he found himself in. Most of the civilians who had stayed behind were either more than capable of handling themselves, or had found someone to watch their backs for them. Nevertheless, Harvey was glad that things were finally getting under control. At least he would have been if the girl that had run in to him earlier couldn't be seen fleeing for her life from a pair of bandits not but a stone's throw away from where Harvey now stood. At this point, Harvey found himself at a bit of a crossroads. On the one hand he could be a good samaritan and help the poor girl out. On the other hand, he could ignore her and treat the situation like some cruel payback for bumping into him earlier. Thankfully, Harvey didn't choose the latter.

Once again the visible manifestation of his magic surrounded his hands as Harvey prepared his assault. "It's not nice to pick on women!" With but a flick of his wrist, Harvey sent a pair of shockwaves towards Kaylee's attackers. The first shockwave was dead on, connecting with the slower bandit's tempel and knocking him unconscious instantaneously. The second blow was not so precise however, only grazing the lead bandit's right knee, though nevertheless causing him to falter and stumble helplessly to the ground.

Ordinarily, this would have been the point where Harvey finished off the assailant and checked on the victim. However, seeing as how his last blow had more or less incapacitated the fellow and that the girl he'd been trying to help probably had bigger things to worry about, Harvey skipped this little step. Quite a crowd had gathered by the medical tent though it seemed whatever excitement there was to be found there had come and gone, thus Harvey paid it no mind. What mattered now was finding the head honcho of the operation and putting him in his place. Easier said than done of course as Harvey had no idea who he was looking for or where to find him. "Alicia took off awhile ago. Probably to find the little prick responsible for this. Oh well, not much I can do about it now." the mage thought silently to himself. By now his complexion had shifted back from its seemingly brutal nature to its previous carefree and happy one. "I could hunt down some more of the riff raff but by now I and the rest of these vigilantes must have put some kind of a dent into their numbers. Maybe it's time to call it a night and save some energy?" It certainly would have been nice if he could simply take it easy from here out but Harvey knew better. A heist of this magnitude wasn't resolved with five minutes of beating peoples' skulls in.
Last edited by Bolts on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby LostD » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:44 am

~Leb; up a tree; Prior to fight~

Leb looked over in surprise at the guy behind him, at both the offer for assistance and how much the man now reminded him of Nate. Maybe he did miss the bard just a little. Leb quickly shook the thought from his head. Flexing his giant left hand, Leb looked back at the trunk of the tree. Quickly replying with a firm “No”, Leb punched his arm and gripped the tree with a sharp “Crack!” Not sparing a moment, he heaved himself up onto one of the lower branches, leaving behind a deep hand impression in the bark below him. The dwarf climbed up a few easier to reach branches before seating himself on a bough part way to the top.

Grunting in satisfaction, Leb looked out from his perch over the heads of the crowd below; finding he had hit three birds with one stone. He could see the main stage clearly, he now could avoid the crowd and there was a nest with three pigeon eggs in it, their parents probably vacated due to the entire tussle Leb caused on his climb. Picking one egg up in his right hand, Leb brought it to his mouth, biting into the unborn pigeon and letting some of the yolk and shell drip from his smacking lips down to his beard. Lunch he didn’t have to pay for. After Sucking remains out, Leb let the shell half fall as he helped himself to another. He might take his time with his food. He had a good 8 minutes to burn.

~Leb; still up a tree; After the performance; the after-party. Then making his way across the square~

Leb was unimpressed. “A little girl, doing parlour tricks.” Leb had heard all the stories, the prodigal “White huntress” Alicia, defeating age old nemeses with her daring and skill. He had little doubt that, in any fight, Alicia would probably destroy him without letting so much as a drop of sweat. However, she was no master. She was far from a true master, and Leb had witnessed several who carried that title. Alicia was not to be amongst them. Perhaps coming all this way was for nothing.

As he prepared to climb down from his branch, the attack started. He arched an eyebrow. “Bandits must be getting either more desperate, or more stupid.” Attacking a town during a festival, with qualified fighters in the crowd, and still going through with it after an S classed warrior was revealed to be present. Some things go beyond idiotic. Still, it gave Leb the opportunity to gauge Alicia’s powers properly. She wasn’t protecting her guild during Leb’s attacks on them several months ago, something the dwarf already held against her. Alicia did look to be determined to attack the bandit leader quickly, so if Leb wanted to get a look at her skills, he’d have to work quickly. His eye’s made one last grimacing look at all the steel weapons being banished, then shuddered.

He dropped down, landing on the grass with a soft thud, then looked around quickly for trouble. The square was still chaotic, even though many civilians had managed to run clear. Leb quickly took note of the centers of attention. The fan girl Leb saw the fangirl was fleeing, though being assisted by some guy. The first aid tent had been uprooted by a wall that just appeared, though it looked that action had calmed down over there. A group of five crooks were fighting three guys who looked to be festival security, and winning. The story teller from earlier was beating the crap out of a few goons not far from the fountain. A local hero wannabe was having the stuffing kicked out of him by four other thugs. Finally, there was a pair of girls still near the main stage, doing a helluva lot better than the “hero”, as they took a group of bandits themselves.

Why couldn’t all festivals be this interesting?

Making use of all his limbs, Leb hobbled-ran after Alicia, moving swiftly though the battlefield, ignoring the fights he passed. He noticed a fire mage going the same direction, but further away and making far more of a scene. It looked that he was going to join the “guild leader” in fighting the bandit leaders. “What a… noble purpose.” One that Leb didn’t share in the least.

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:21 pm

{West Michaels, Overlooking the Square}

The amassed citizenry were screaming. The children were crying as thugs and goons worked through the crowds, stealing even from the young. A man tried to resist, getting stabbed and dropped to the street as an example. And the thieves were doing their jobs -- all near to the others who fought back were trying to close in to back up their brethren criminals, and the rest who still hadn't noticed over the screams were still stealing.

A woman shrieked and tried to run, clasping her purse as she ran to the side of a building and climbed at the fire escape's lowered ladder. The menacing figure, large with muscle and holding a large dagger in his teeth, climbed after her. The predatory grin and the glint of his eyes showing that he was enjoying the chase, even if he was barely putting in the effort to keep pace. The woman reached the rooftop and stumbled forward, her purse spilling out with coins and her personal valuables. The burly figure strolled up the last steps and grimly snickered at her crawling around to scoop up everything. Then she noticed him and turned white, choosing that suddenly her life was far more important.

He grabbed her ankle and yanked hard, jerking her back to his feet as she clawed in vain at the rooftop to try and crawl away. He laughed more audibly, grabbing a handful of her auburn hair. His dagger flicked into his left hand, the blade shimmering in the sun; a cruel promise of things to come whispered through his toothy smile and her eyes went wide. She began to cry, pleading and begging. He stopped and looked up as a single foot came into his view, clad in brown leather straps.

All my devotion betraayyyyed...

The goon looked over the younger man, staring at his oddly colored hair and the flicking braids. "Who the F**K are you?!" He blurted out with a loud laugh.

I am no longer a-fraaaaaaid....

"It doesn't matter..." The youth responded, calmly walking forward at first. But the thief froze, seeing the raging fire hidden neatly behind his eyes. His left leg suddenly became a blur.

I was too blinded to seeeee...

The large man jerked back and sailed over the edge of the rooftop, hand still tightly gripping the woman's hair. He suddenly was suspended in midair, his wrist gripped tight by the young man's right hand. A pinch of his fingers and the dumbfounded man involuntarily relaxed his grip, the woman being pulled free of her tormentor. He gawked up at the slim punk that was effortlessly holding him up with one hand when the boy was almost half the man's size in nearly every way he could see. "NooOOOOOOOO!!" He screamed out as he was flung out and into a cleared space on the streets like the trash he was.

The woman began to calm as she watched with mild curiosity, seeing her attacker become either a vegetable, or so much vegetable soup depending on if he actually lived. "... T-thank you..." She stuttered as she still tried to calm her nerves. She looked around, finding her savior walking to the roof's edge. Her heart skipping a beat when she noticed his tanned flesh begin to suddenly flourish with thick fur. Her heart nearly stopped right then when he jumped off the building.

How much you've stolen from meeeeeee!!

Dark fur shot across his form as his muscles tightened and grew out even longer, his legs becoming almost absurdly lengthened for his body. The short growth of a muzzle and his reshaped ears adding to his lupine form. He landed into a crouch, his eyes scanning out over the massive crowd, his muzzle shaping into a long snout. People suddenly stopped listening to the thieves when they saw the dark and tall form of the wolf-like beast that then stood up to an even eight feet in height on its mildly arching hind legs. The goons then turned and stared at it, years of evolution going to pot as instinct told them that a predatory animal was staring them down. The glimmering fangs snarling in the sun as curved claws slowly slid out of his padded hands and feet.

You wanna know whyyy... He dashed forward and leapt into the crowd, growling with primal hunger. His claws raked over the nearest thief's face, sending him sprawled upon the street and screaming while clutching his bleeding face. The cuts at his eyes telling anyone who looked that he would never see again. I feel so horrified?... West lunged up through the crowd, suddenly running by stepping and stomping over the faces of the rushing goons. He spun and sailed out, his long coat flickering out like a fan while his new tail smacked mockingly at unsuspecting bandits. They began to chase, making a mad rush after the beast that just insulted and infuriated them. I let my innocence die... He landed near the stage at the center of the square, the amassed men rushing up all the stairs at once. a crowd of armed and powerful men surrounding him as he just stood there, his eyes scanning for the first possible attacker.

You wanna know whyyy... Three lunged forward to stab at once from different directions, followed by then two more all around him. He jumped up five feet -- more accurately just a small hop for his long and powerful legs -- swinging out and kicking two immediately before anyone got close. He then spun in the air, slicing across noses and throats with the claws of his extended legs before landing. I can't be pacified?... The goons paused instinctively to examine their wounds, then returned to their rush as a larger number of the group shot at him. At least a dozen, if he bothered to count; too many to distract and warn off like he did last. You made me bury somethiiiing...

West jumped straight up and flipped back, landing onto the outside of the group as several of the men ended up stabbing their comrades in their mad rush to draw blood. The others all turned, having watched him evade. I won't be sleeping to-niiiiiight West howled out his sudden fury and desire for battle, charging forward. The act sent a sudden wave of cold shivers over the men, causing them to waver and delay their strikes as he began throwing out fists and feet. His sheathed claws in his hands strengthened his fingers, making the brutal punches all the more rough against their softer noses.

The claws of his feet, however, were less controlled and stayed out. Naturally crippling kicks were then made all-too lethal. I only wanted a blessing made, bones cracked and ribs shattered, jagged claws tearing into chests with each throw of a leg. Men began trying to just defend and ensure they survived, no longer worried about killing this enraged monster. Now I've been labeled a renegade! Wild punches flew out, crushing elbows, grasping and squeezing to shatter wrists. Unseen uppercuts landing quickly without the effort of much force from the furious wolf. But the sounds of bone snapping as jaws broke all the same under the raw force.

It seems so clear now what I must do... West quickly grabbed at two of the numb and limp bodies, swinging them around like bats to send men flying out and crashing into the massive crowd of the festival. He then threw the two unconscious and very blood men aside and dashed forward from the stage, making a blurred leap out to fly forward. You're no immortal -- I won't let them, He roared and howled as he began growing consumed by animal fury. The scent of the air thick with his predatory urge to hunt. Eyes wide in a cold and unrelenting rage. He rode a bandit to the ground, legs bent and hunched against his chest. Claws dug into the man's chest and the side of his throat, tearing free when the beast lunged out for his next prey. The bandit screamed, throwing up his arms.

West bit down, crushing and biting through both arms with his elongated muzzle, crunching bone under the force of his powerful jaws. He jerked his head, lifting the man into the air as he stood up straight, towering up among the crowd. Diefyyyy youuuuuu!!! The lupine head shook, fangs tearing and shredding with the jerking motions, leaving the man was flinging back and forth in the air like a rag doll. They vieewwwwed you as the new mess-iahh... He suddenly stopped holding back his true force, the jaws snapping shut and tearing straight through both arms where they were held up beside each other. The man falling and rolling out among the crowd in a dark rain of crimson. Diefyyyy youuuuuu!!! West turned and whipped his head out to scan the crowd as everyone around screamed in terror and began to run from fear of the snarling beast.

West kept himself frozen as people frantically tried to spread out from around him. The bloody display had been enough that he knew the leaders wouldn't be able to ignore him, especially when he was causing the citizens to fear him more than the thieves. Which meant that people were going to start fleeing the square, making it all that harder to steal from them. Reneewwwwwed belief in, West stayed motionless a moment, clearing his head as his animal instinct told him to chase. It urged him on, seeking to run after the people like fleeing rabbits and tear through them like any other prey. He never gave in, the beast's fury building up all the more, trying to break his hold over his instincts. He instead did the only thing he had in mind to release the built up rage.

West threw his head back and his elbows bent to his sides, claws opened in hate and anger, eyes shutting as a deep and long howl was shot out into the sky. ...some demented maaaaaaaann... His eyes became suddenly clear as his pupils thickened out from the small dots they had been, the animal's urge to hunt sated for the moment.
Demon of Elru

Postby Iris » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:40 am

Roy

Things were getting out of hand, most of the bandits had managed to surprise the crowd and already had several items. Some of the more braver figures in the group of spectators had begun to fight back and though he couldn't see the effects he could occasionally hear the cursing of bandits and cheers of the crowd.

When the so-called-leader of the bandits announced his intentions Roy quickly dismissed his house of cards to prevent any accidents if people tried to run past him, unfortunately he wasn't able to clean up the mess as the cards simply became useless once the magic charge was gone and could not be reused.

"Look boys, we've got ourselves a rich one here. How about you gives us your stuff and we might just lets ya go.... hehe, might." One of the thugs said with an evil grin as he advanced on Roy, several of his friends came to back him up.
"Not much of deal friend, maybe's and might be's aren't exactly my kind of deal." Roy replied turning to face the bandits they stopped for a moment when they noticed the milky eye.
"Hey boss, that richy looks like one of us."
*Eye twitch*
"I mean, apart from them fancy cloths he could be with those looks."
Roy didn't react to that at first still trying to comprehend why he had to deal this stuff again, "Firstly, I am not one of you, I am a model citizen who likes to aid those less fortunate when I can and if they will allow it. Secondly I am getting tired of you folks misunderstanding my looks, I simply like to look my best when I have business to attend and in general I like the convinence of a suit!."

With that he opened a new deck of cards, with his left hand he quickly pulled the first card and flicked it to his right, "Card Magic: Snap-shot! He flicked the card at the first bandit and as it hit him the card exploed into confetti but other than that he barely reacted at all.

"HAHAHA, What was that? Did you see that boys!" the man laughed, Roy tried again quickly sending out another card at the same man but once more it was a low card now the whole group was laughing at him.
"Hey me next!" One of the them yelled, the man was filthy and wore an arrogant smirk, "Alright, I'll reply to that request." Roy replied calmly drawing another card but now taking the time to look at the number, 10 of hearts

With a smile he flicked the card at the man's face, the moment the card hit him he was sent reeling causing the others to double back for a moment, "You see firends the hight the number the more damage I do, that was only a 5 I wonder what happens if I pull something higher?." He bluffed hoping to scare them off, he wasn't much of a fighter, not yet anyway...

Postby Akaine » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 pm

Ciara McClellan: First Aid Tent

She looked over at the newcomer to the tent and almost sighed in relief. She didn't like having to deal with these type of bandits, they lacked class. "Don't worry about them, they'll be taken care of shortly." She looked a little pissed off about them, her brows pulled closer together and her light purple eyes shining for a moment with a caged fury. "If you guys could...?" She gestured at the newcomer to the rest of the tent's occupants. "I think you should be safe here for now." She turning to leave the tent and take care of this mess, grabbed more scalpels before leaving and looked back at the group, giving them a thoughtful look. Truthfully, she was thinking of how useful they would be in the guild, should they be allowed to join. She'd have to talk to Alicia.

PLOT
Ciara had found Alicia, after a long search, and they had finished off the few of the bandits that were left. The head honcho of this group was missing, but the girls decided to let him hide...for now. Most of the bandits were collected and/or unconscious. The few that were left were either running away or losing very badly in their own battles. They had bigger things to deal with, such as fixing this big mess of a festival and getting rid of these bandits! The girls had handed all of the people that had helped them out with the bandit infestation a card with Infinite Serenade's information and a time for a meeting about joining.The invitation was hand-written in cursive that was Ciara's spidery and flowery formal writing.

Possible Members:
We will be having a short meeting about Infinite Serenade's recent recruiting possibilities, and we'd like you to be there. Tomorrow evening at 5pm.
Thank you for your time,
Ciara McClellan
Infinite Serenade

Later on, when everyone had found lodgings for the night, Ciara looked out her window from the Guild's headquarters and thought about the candidates that she had met and seen work. They had potential, every single one of them. It was a shame that most of them were injured...but it still showed that they could work through injuries without much complaint. Needless to say she was impressed.
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Bolts » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:58 am

Harvey Roots - Looking for the hotel

By the time Alicia and the other girl had finished up what was left of the bandits, Harvey had fully calmed from his most recent combat high. Fighting always seemed to make him a little nutty, in truth it was the one thing he hated about himself. Either way the fishy smelling man was quite surprised when the leader of Infinite Serenade presented him with a personal business card. Granted he'd caused quite a ruckus but he hadn't expected to be invited in to Infinite Serenade so quickly. It was truly a dream come true.

"It's a shame they're holding the meeting so late in the afternoon though..." Harvey mused to himself as he paced through the streets back to his hotel room. He wanted to get started right away. What was he supposed to do for an entire day anyway? The festival was more or less over which would have been his soul source of entertainment during his stay. He certainly couldn't find a job to do. No bounty, no matter how easy, could likely be tracked down in such and while this may have been the city of everything, there was no fishing industry to really speak of. Harvey was truly out of his element.

With nothing to do it seemed Harvey was doomed to laze around in his hotel room until it was time to go. It was a most unappealing conclusion, having to be cooped up like a bird. At this point though, a thought struck Harvey. He'd left most of his savings in his room that night. What if the bandits had done more than just target the civilians? Immediately the mage took off in a mad dash, sprinting towards his local residence. As he burst through the door the receptionist gave him a rather curious look. "Everything looks normal....Oh please let everything be normal...." Harvey glanced around the dining hall to find what remained of the provided dinner. After picking up a rather feeble looking apple, Harvey made his way up the stairs towards his room. A heavy sigh of relief left the mage as he checked his closet to find his bag untouched and still very much filled with money. If he got accepted in to Infinite Serenade tomorrow he'd have to make a stop by the bank. Otherwise there was no sense in getting too tied down in this city.
Last edited by Bolts on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:30 am

-Malzahar-

Sitting in a lounge chair in a small hotel with a plate of half eaten chicken and rice next to him, the elderly man was staring idly at the piece of paper given to him and others. He'd got his foot in the door but he figured acceptance would be twice as difficult for someone like him since age had taken a firm hold on the bones he wore. Shaking his heads of those thoughts he put the paper down and looked out the window at the night, so quiet and brimming with nostalgia. He had killed so many people in this kind night sky, why did those memories haunt him so many years later. He had left the darkness behind but it would appear his soul and mind were still in a dark place. He hoped the new guild would help him forget.

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:25 am

Artemis had been surprised to say the least. He subdued a majority of the bandits that tried to steal from him with nothing but his horrible bare hand skills. He felt like using his tonfa against the bandits would simply be insulting even for them. He wondered slightly whatever had brought the idea to the bandits that they would succeed in stealing from this festival but then he remembered that if someone was desperate enough they'd do anything for money.

It seemed he wasn't the only noble fighter at the festival. He noticed a few of the stage acts had joined in the fight and even some other festival goers. He was thankful to see that no one had been severely hurt. Even if they were bandits they were still people as well. The two girls that approached him were cute and they handed him an invitation. Curiosity most effectively sparked he read it, nodding in understand before looking for an inn.

I can wait the meeting time out...maybe even get some food. I've become hungry since the fighting started... Slowly he made his way to a cheap yet still well furnished inn and sat in the dining area.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing