Infinte Serenade: Chapter One-The Autumn Festival

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Infinte Serenade: Chapter One-The Autumn Festival

Postby Redsnow » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:14 am

=Rucio - still in the First Aid tent=

Rucio heaved a heavy sigh as he held his head in his hands. The ruined First Aid tent - if it could be called that anymore - fluttered in tatters around him, save for the large wall he hadn't bothered to take down. The camp bed he was sitting on was too comfortable as it was, and he did not want to bother making any more mistakes than he already had in the past few hours.

The day had not gone at all as he had planned. He had injured himself, revealed his powers, and had missed an opportunity to speak to someone who could very well be his future employer. The entire plan to get to the town early had ended up being cause for a fiasco, and he could not imagine any way the day could have been worse.

Actually, there could have been another Language Mage around, he realized. That would have been worse. Definitely.

As he swung himself into a lying position on the cot, his head pillowed by his sack, he resolved to make the next day a successful one.

Whatever that meant.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:11 pm

-Laem-

He was twisting and turning as he tried to go to sleep. It was his fault for choosing such a terrible inn, but he was cheap, and trying to save what he had. Laem hadn't eaten much either. Proper alchemical equipment was expensive, and if he got in he supposed he'd have to set up his own lab. If he got in. That part ran through his head, and didn't make it any better. The Infinite Serenade Guild. On one hand, he'd met one of the leaders, and she was nice. On the other, he hadn't been quite so impressive. All he'd manage to do is injure himself, THEN get his nose beat in. She on the other hand, had been impressive. Just standing there while he cut her, then pouncing in for the kill. All in all, it... hadn't helped his nosebleed at the time. Taking out the card, he checked the time again. "Five PM. Right. Can't miss it. Well, I both can't miss it for the good of myself and because it's late in the day. What will I do though. til then? There's surely something to do. Maybe. I ought to find some local town alchemist and try and see what he wants for recipes. Right. Then impress the guild leaders. Surely they'll let me state my case. If I was terrible before. Was I? Maybe." Great, he was talking to himself again. At this rate, he'd never get to sleep.
For the Greater Good

Postby Akaine » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Ciara McClellan: Infinite Serenade Guild

After taking care of some of the finishing touches on the dusting in the main hallway, she looked around for something else to clean or polish. Finding nothing, she gave a sigh of relief. She checked her watch and unlocked the front door, but didn't open it. She also un-muted the sound of the doorbell. The building was ready for guests.

5PM Infinite Serenade Guild
Ciara McClellan:

The Infinite Serenade Guild building is a large wooden structure that is worn with both time and weathering… and the occasional fight, yet it still has managed to hold a homey feeling that welcomes even the most cold-hearted individuals. This kindly old building has the look of being loved and well-taken care of despite its age and wear. It’s worn edges form runners tapping the edge while on their trail has left the left corner indented slightly. With a view of the beautiful Tor Mountains, that even the hustle and bustle of Reis City can’t hide, the Infinite Serenade Guild has quite the location. In Reis City, it’s told that if you want anything, you can find it there, and so far, nobody’s been able to say that they haven’t left more than satisfied.

Once inside, you’ll come across a welcome desk and a classic fireplace to the right with an old fashioned bar and a place for meeting. At the back of the meeting room, in between the cafeteria and the bar, there’s bathroom stalls for men and women. To the immediate left of the welcome desk is a wooden staircase that leads to the second and third floors. To the left of the stairs in the front-left side of the first floor is the med bay for all those who are injured or need rehabilitation. Behind the med bay is the cafeteria and a kitchen for those talented with devouring food or preparing it. On the back wall of the cafeteria is the bulletin board, where all jobs of all levels except for S class are posted for all to see.

The second floor staircase leads to the hallway that leads you to the men’s and women’s dorms (an option for any guild member) with restrooms in each, and the third leads to the guild master’s office. Outside, behind the guild’s kitchen, is the training area. There’s a track, and an overly large weight-lifting area and basically everything that you would consider to be training equipment.

Ciara was wearing her black nurse's skirt that accentuates her waist very well, a black tanktop with lace covering her cleavage, a white vest with silver buttons on the front, and a red bandana with the letters IS embroidered on the front. She wears the bandana like a handkerchief in the outside left breast pocket with the guild letters facing outwards. On her feet are a nice pair of white heels and she has a pair of sunglasses in her pocket behind the bandana, and he long brown hair is loose, the bangs sweeping away from her face in an elegant fashion. "Ready to go." She said softly to herself as she flattened the vest out of habit.

She was awaiting the guests for this guild meeting.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Bolts » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Harvey Roots - Hotel Room

2:00 pm

Harvey had spent most of the day recovering from the previous night's battle. Naturally this led to him sleeping far later than he had planned to. It was until the middle of the afternoon that the mage drug himself out of bed and checked his watch to find that his meeting with Infinite Serenade was only three hours away. The thought both excited and annoyed the man as he realized his anticipation would only make the time go by slower. To counteract this, Harvey did his best to make himself forget about the meeting entirely by focusing his attention on the various other things to be found around Reis. Unfortunately the plan worked a little too well and Harvey actually did forget about his meeting with the guild. After heading down to the lobby, the mage procured a small meal and went for a pleasant walk around the block, stopping only to make idle chit chat with the other tourists.

3:30 pm

"Son of a bitch!!!" Harvey screamed aloud as he looked at his watch. He'd already drifted to the far side of Reis on the complete opposite end from Infinite Serenade. "Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!!! As if losing any form of politeness, Harvey took off in a mad dash back in the direction of his hotel. Whilst he sprinted, Harvey rifled through his coat, only to find that he'd misplaced the invitation card in his hotel room. "Oh bloody hell, not now!"

4:15 pm

Harvey burst through the door of his hotel for the second time in the last 24 hours, causing most of the hotel employees and fellow residents to eye the man curiously.

4:45 pm

Now Harvey burst forth from the interior of his room, barely stopping to lock the door as he sprinted out with the invitation clapped firmly in his teeth. "15 minutes!! 15 bloody minutes to get across this town!? Oh this is just perfect!!" the mage cursed to himself as he again began running through the streets. He couldn't afford to be late. Not now. Not after he'd finally gotten the guild's attention. "Stop thinking and run, damn you!!.....STOP IT!!!"

5:00 pm

Harvey could plainly see the entrance to the Infinite Serenade guild hall near the end of the street. He'd been sprinting for so long by now though that his hands were starting to shake as his body slowly began feeling the effects of dehydration. Unfortunately there was no time to think about that now. He'd have to see if there was anything available at the guild if he was that thirsty.

The mage's pace didn't slow down as he neared the steps, instead leaping up and narrowly avoiding slamming into the door. The sudden decrease in momentum however took its tole on Harvey's body as his lungs and various other organs tensed up as a helpful reminder of how stupid he'd been in wasting his time getting there. Either way he couldn't simply go inside now. No, he'd look ridiculous stumbling in to the guild sweaty and out of breath. Thus, Harvey took this last opportunity to remove his blazer and wipe his brow off on the inside of the jacket whilst he caught his breath. After taking a few more seconds to compose himself, the man turn the knob on the door and inched his way inside, noting the presence of Ciara as he did. "H-Hello there." he stumbled, still not fully over his previous exhaustion. "Please don't think this too forward of me, but could I possibly trouble you to direct me somewhere that I could get something to drink. I'm quite parched." Harvey finished off with a wheeze as he placed his hands on his knees, trying to hide the odd quivering that seemed to be making its way around his body. "Oh, my name is Harvey by the way. Harvey Roots. I recognize you from last night with Alicia but I'm afraid I don't know your name?"

Postby Zelosse » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:58 pm

-Malzahar-

Slowly and steadily the elderly man walked with his cane from the hotel he had used for the night, always early he had arrived 15 minutes earlier than expected and had taken a seat on a nearby couch, resting his cane across his lap he simply waited with a smile. The long robes he wore stuck him out as a more spell orientated man but in reality he was skilled with his fists to a point of perfection. He brushed off his sleeves of some dust from the street and simply continued to wait. The guild invitation was in a pocked over his right breast, a pocked on the inner side of the robe.

Postby Karo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:33 pm

~Aryala Breslin: One of the few left in front of the stage~

Aryala walked through the streets of Reis after leaving her hotel, the invitation card for Infinite Serenade in her hand. She wanted to walk around some first, as she hadn't seen the entire city yet. As she walked she would frequently stop and stare at the buildings around her, taking in every detail of the architecture. Eventually her wandering brought her to the Infinite Serenade guild building, though she was much too early. So she just stared at the wooden building, admiring the worn structure. As far as she could tell, it was well-built, and had seen the comings and goings of many kinds of people. With that thought, Aryala began to imagine the people coming and going from that place over the years, her imagination filling the empty road around her with people only she could see. And so the hours ticked by, with Aryala standing there in silence, her thoughts a million miles away. It wasn't until she noticed the sunlight fading that she realized it was time to enter the building, to see what the guild was all about. It was then that a man dashed by, almost running straight into the door in an attempt to avoid being late, then catching himself and cleaning up before he went inside. She walked up the steps behind him, her eyes already sweeping over the place the moment she stepped inside, totally missing the woman waiting to welcome them as she looked around.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Akaine » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:13 am

Ciara was surprised to see Harvey there in such bad shape. "Oh, alright, one second. Please, sit down, try to take deep breaths." She walked at a fast pace into the kitchen and got a glass of water. Before a minute had passed, she was speed-walking back over with a very large glass of water, no ice. If he had ice, it would send his body into shock. "I'm Ciara McClellan, Alicia's teammate, and guild doctor." She gave him and smile and instead of offering her hand for a shake like she normally would, she offered the glass of water and smiled. "Please, drink this slowly and here." She handed him a handkerchief from the left pocket in the vest. She had a few of them in certain misc. pockets on her person and they all smelled faintly like her aromatic freesia perfume.

It was at this point, that she noticed a girl walk in and she smiled at her, and was about to walk closer to introduce herself, but after noticing that she seemed a little occupied by the massiveness and history that the guild building seemed to hold, she smiled and let her soak it in. Maybe she heard her introduce herself to Harvey.
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Bolts » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Harvey Roots Inside Infinite Serenade

Harvey did as he was told and took a seat in the lobby while waiting for Ciara to fetch him something to drink. As he sat, he also began to take in the marvelous structure around him. It was almost exactly like how he'd imagined it being. When Ciara finally did return with his water, he nodded in thanks and politely took the handkerchief, using it to dry the sweat from his brow. When he heard the woman introduce herself though, his heart practically stopped. "Ciara? As in the Ciara? Oh my." Harvey's cheeks flushed a bit as he set the glass on the stool next to him. "Terribly sorry, that was quite rude of me to come barging in here like that. I'm afraid my sense of time is terrible." The mage let out a nervous chuckle as he cursed to himself. He'd gone and made a complete ass of himself within minutes of meeting the guild's second in command.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:49 pm

*Streets*

Mauro stepped out into the sunlight, blinking resentfully at the bright sun. He hadn't slept very well due to his excitement and his eyes were taking revenge on him. They were obviously working with the bright blue sky and sun because there was no other way the combination could have hurt him any more than it was. He stumbled around before getting his bearings and heading to the guild. He fingered the card in his pocket as he walked, still nervous.

Eventually he got to the guild and looked at it with apprehension. He hadn't made much of an impression the day before and he hoped that he would be remembered. Well, not by the earth user. Mauro scowled. He didn't like the man and hoped that he wouldn't have to come in contact any more than he had the previous day. He poked his head in the door and began to shuffle in, looking at the guild with awe. The place was big and had the weight of age that Mauro found slightly intimidating. He felt rather lost, despite knowing that he was in the right place.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:15 am

Artemis awoke in one of the somewhat comfortable beds of the inn. He was quite the lazy tourist as he waited and walked around town before the meeting would begin. He had enjoyed breakfast, respectively paying the onwer for allowing him to stay for a night. Then he was on his way, moving about town. He was greeted a couple of times by Mothers who wanted to thank him for taking care of their children. He simply smiled kindly, waving his hand dismissively at them because it really wasn't of any trouble to him. Telling stories, especially to children, was simply a part of him and his audeince was always welcome to listen without giving thanks afterwards. He'd fallen asleep sometime after taking a rest near a park with cigarette in his mouth. Snuffing it out he when he woke, Artemis lit anohter stick before moving back into the city. It became 4:50 pm fairly quickly and he headed towards the building he had apporached on his initial arrival. He pushed past the doors--invitation in hand--seeing that there were already people present. He somewhat slipped into the background, waiting for when it was his turn to be greeted.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 pm

-Laem, right outside and heading in-

Walking down the street towards the Guild Hall, he walked slowly to get a good look at it. "Nice place." He said to himself as he walked along. It did look nice, although he was never fond of wood housing. Hopefully they had a basement or something. After his last residence, we wouldn't feel safe putting up equipment in a wooden room. His preferred choice for creation, namely that flammable liquids he loved to make, had a slightly higher than normal chance of accident. Suffice to say he'd been kicked out by more than one mentor when his set when alight. Still walking slowly as he had plenty of time, he was also watching the others who walked, or ran, in. He had brought all his stuff with him, meaning he had his large red cloak on and a number of packs on his person. Not the nicest get up for an interview, but this way he wouldn't have to go get it later if he was accepted.

Pushing open to door behind some of the others, he walked on in and starting looking around. In his head, he was still trying to figure out what there was to say about himself. Or what joining the guild entailed. It was nice on the inside too, not that he was one to care either way. Looking around at his fellow applicants, at least he assumed them to be, he noticed Ciara helping the running man with some water. Moving over a bit closer, he greeted her. "Hey Ciara." Laem gave her a quick wave and a smile, his hands still bandaged up from the burns.
For the Greater Good

Postby Akaine » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:58 pm

"Oh" She blushed a little when Harvey repeated her name not once, but twice. She wasn't used to being referred as something special. She was used to having to patch up egocentric fearless guild members, not being put on a pedestal. Eh, she could get used to it...perhaps. "Don't worry about it, it's not a big deal. We're just going to wait for whomever's going to show up, is all."

She took in a deep breath and licked her lips and then bit them. She was a little nervous and excited to meet all of the new members. Of course, they didn't know that they were members yet, but that was the fun of it all. She gave Harvey a smile to try and reassure him that everything was going to be fine, her smile reflecting in her purple eyes. Then she noticed some movement, tentative movement. Giving a wave to welcome their new guest in, she noticed that he was both awestruck and nervous at the same time. She gestured to the chairs in the hallway and continued to wait.

Shortly after Mauro walked in, another guest entered and took a seat, to whom she gave another wave, and then she saw a familiar face: Laem. She noticed his smile and gave a hearty one in treturn, particularly when she noticed him carrying all of those bags. "Hey you! Have a seat and put down those bags, we're going to get started in a minute, want to let me have a look at your hands real quick?" Her purple eyes crinkled slightly when she saw those bandaged hands, and she returned her eyes up to the fire-mage's.
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Soul » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:30 pm

-Cis Beilheim-

On receiving the card, Cis exploded with joy and rushed home, running through the backyards and alleyways of the city. She ate her dinner quickly and fell asleep early in order to wake up early the next morning.

For hours while the city was still sleeping Cis preformed her daily training regimen, her mind focused on joining Infinite Serenade. There were not many things that Cis had looked forward to in her life, but this was one of them. Time seemed to pass quickly for her as the day marched on, nothing able to bring the girl's high down.

-Infinite Serenade Guild 5PM-

Cis made her way towards the guild hall, sprinting as fast as she could. She burst into the guild hall slightly panting, and immediately let out a high pitched squeal. "This is so awesome," she said beginning to giggle as she walked into the hall, rotating her head around to see the whole of the building. She stopped a ways away from Ciara, becoming nervous almost immediately.

Postby Iris » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Roy Patterson

The sun was beginning to set over the city as Roy made his way to the arranged meeting point; the guild hall of Infinite Serenade. Even as he walk through the street’s his mind was somewhat distant, still reflecting about yesterday’s events and mulling over the reason’s to why he was joining the guild.

*Flashback, Yesterday nearing midnight*
The mumbling and groaning of dutiful cleaners quietly drifted in through the open window of Roy’s ground floor room, although he couldn’t see them he figured even after the commotion that had happened today during the festivities these men and women were humble folk. Sure the grumbled about it but regardless of the mess they still did their job even if some of those thieves got away.
Even with Infinite Serenade under strength, Roy could feel their trust in the guild that was so close to them.

He sighed and turned his attention again to the table in front of him, on it lay a recent started game of solitaire. Normally this would help him relax and calm down but as he placed the final card and turned it face-up the Joker card smiled mockingly. With a heavy heart he could understand it’s silent taunts, Roy was weak, his magic required too much on luck, his spells were overly long and complex and the utility of it all was laughable. His mentor would turn in his grave if he found about how little he had advanced after his death.
Cradling his head in his hands, Roy slumped to the table dejectedly, “Why would I go to a guild when I’m so weak, what’s my motivation, my reason for wanting to offer my services to them? And why would they want me... what can I bring in return.... ” He mumbled.
Roy spent several minutes trying to figure out why Infinity Serenade would accept his ‘proposal’ but deep within doubt had caught up to him and dampened his spirits. He began to stand when his eyes glimpsed at the table once more, the Joker card’s mocking smile turned to frustration. Though the image never moved before his eyes, the card’s living personality never failed to impress Roy because in one moment, with one look the card was able to portray a wide range of messages with a single image. Roy could see it felt cheated of its potential, angry at its master and frustrated by his hopelessness yet with the same glance it challenged him to look beyond his despair, to be stronger than what he is now and to take that risk.

*Present, Guild Hall of Infinity Serenade*
It was now nearing 5pm, the appointed time to which his chance lay. He straightened himself as he saw several other figures begin to file through the doors. He could already see one appeared to be in a hurry, perhaps he liked to be punctual to his business appointment, the thought made Roy’s heart glow for some reason. He was followed by a robed figure

The man who seemed to have tamed fire was next to enter and finally the fierce woman who battled with her hands alone he thought entered. Though he was only able to catch brief moments of their fight, that single moment had been ingrained into his mind after all it was every businessman’s job to remember these details.

With a smile playing on his lips Roy entered the famed guild hall of Infinity Serenade, as he walked through the doors he subconsciously removed his hat and meticulously cleaned it off, first impressions were always important.

*Face fault*
His face turned blue for moment, Oh god, what if they saw my miserable fight yesterday. Roy groaned inwardly at that prospect, he’d likely be the butt of every joke for a while... nothing that he couldn’t handle... right?
He shook off his doubt and pulled out his invitation, taking note that the Joker card had once more worked his way into his hand giving him a look that spoke volumes of what would happen if he turned to walk away.

“Well my friend, our adventure begins here.... I guess.” He muttered.

Previous

Return to Role Playing