Outbreak: Last Hope OOC. -signups open-

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Outbreak: Last Hope OOC. -signups open-

Postby Slipslash » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:00 am

I'm just going to assume it's based on the hand-gun company.

which means the police will have Glock and S&W but nothing else

I suppose Alcas is right his comment bears the right of way
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Alcas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:06 am

Silencers can fit multiple weapons, but not all, model or caliber often have specific silencers. That said where are we going to get them. The police station won't have them as mentioned in my post. And unless we find a black market dealer (very possible, and in fact probable) gun shops won't have them.

I am apparently an abrasive person.... I always cause antagonism towards myself. =(

Postby Slipslash » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:12 am

Then that leaves the other bigger guns, which"some" should still be there. One cannot simply walk into Mordor-I mean a police armory.

Postby Alcas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:16 am

True, if the police station is filled with police zombies we can throw donuts in and rush the armory, and then shoot them with their own guns. Even police zombies love donuts. Hell if I was a zombie, I'd eat donuts instead of brains, and im not even a cop.

Postby Slipslash » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:21 am

Good thing, in an emergency, the police would be anywhere but the station then right?

Postby Livix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:25 am

3 things

1. I suppose I should have made it more clear when I said 'police station' I meant the lockup section where they keep all the illegal firearms (silencers) they confiscate from people, but that's only on the chance they took some from someone, but even more then that ... ILLEGAL FIREARMS Y'ALL

2. it only takes about 80psi to crack a human skull, I think the average man's can exert somewhere around that much force

3. and I know the whole 'you're to young' argument but I seriously feel useless now, sorta
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Alcas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:32 am

Like I said before, until conventional traditions and prejudices break down (which happens rapidly at any rate) women and children are going to be delegated to the "must be protected" category. It won't take long before people who are being protected are forced to fight and prove themselves. Trust me Fenix isn't going to make it easy enough that 3 or 4 people can do all the work.

and good idea about the confiscated weapons, they shouldn't be as well-guarded.

The problem isn't rather you can hit it hard enough to damage one of them but whether or not you can actually cause enough damage with a blade to stop it, short of decapitating it. humans have survived poles through the head with only minor problems or even no problems visibly. A bat is viable because of the area of impact. You have to hit harder with a bat because of surface area your striking with, but you also cause more damage to a larger area. Of course this is all scholarly anyway. It's up to Fenix after all.

Postby Tuor » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:06 am

I wanna fucking punch neil in the face
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Livix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:09 am

Why?

Postby BG07 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:08 am

Ok guys... here's a few things........ you seriously need to start watching deadliest warrior...

For one, baseball bats and stuff can CRACK THE HELL out of people's skulls, and a crack = INSTANT DEATH IN MOST CASES

For two, I GUESS NO ONE WATCHED THAT LINK I POSTED WITH THE DUDE CHOPPING THE FUCKING HEAD OFF A PERSON WITH A SHOVEL

For three, I don't want to waste my time looking for silencers, taking the sounds of my guns from louder to a jet plane down to a jackhammer, LOOK IT UP

For four, CAPS LOCK

Postby Livix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:11 am

But the sound of a jackhammer travels a lesser distance then a jet engine so even if it still makes sound enough to still attract the nearby ones at least they won't be coming from a mile away

and I saw that episode, your point? that it's a deadly weapon? I know someone who owns that so I already knew it's deadly :left: honestly this kinda works for both deadliest warrior references

And it's not all about the silencers, for my suggestion for raiding the 'police station' like I said before I meant the lockup section where they keep who knows what in there ... it's Las Vegas I'm sure they have a lot of shit in there

Postby BG07 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:17 am

Ok yeah the sound travels less distance, but are you really willing to risk your life for a device that only slightly reduces the sound of your shots, and will most likely have a limit on the number of shots you can use?

And that reference to the show was because people were saying that melee weapons would be useless for killing zombies...

Postby Livix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:21 am

Like I said it's not all about the silencers anymore *clears throat* ILLEGAL FIREARMS Y'ALL I mean that could be anything from machine guns to a snipers, and maybe if it hasn't been raided already we could get riot gear (shields and helmets) and some shotguns

Postby Musicmac » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:44 am

Not getting eaten by zombies > Risking your own dear lives for illegal firearms
Listen.

Postby sam4books » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:47 am

I'm with Mac on this one.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Livix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:49 am

we're going to the city anyway so why not?

Postby Musicmac » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 am

That really depends, getting ourselves into a building with a possibly large amount of infected police in there is dangerous.
Especially with the fact that it's close quarters and we might not have enough time for reaction towards an ambush.
Also, we're not necessarily in need of firearms, we have enough with us if we get our vehicles already.
Listen.

Postby Keiran » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:38 am

Jeeze, one day at work and there are five pages in the OOC and twenty-three posts in the IC. The hell? Posting now.

Postby sam4books » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:41 am

Ah, I take it this started yesterday.

Makes sense.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Slipslash » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 am

Musicmac wrote:That really depends, getting ourselves into a building with a possibly large amount of infected police in there is dangerous.

*cough* *cough*

*looks like someone wasn't listening to me earlier* *cough*

and BG, you can do that with a shovel not only because it weighs a lot more in comparison to a knife, but also because it's longer. So when you swing it: the force is multiplied by a bit.

Postby BG07 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Yes I know my physics quite well, I would never say that a knife is a good weapon for hacking

Postby Zelosse » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Hush ye jackals! Ye be gettin some ammo n' some other nonessential items, I ain't given ya no illegal firearms this early!
Nor later for that matter.
You EARN your super death weapon based on performance and my mood. Remember this~
IC post in an hour or so.

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Hmmm, Zombies . . . I. must. join. CS coming soon.
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby Alcas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 pm

I must be a dick because i saw your post at the perfect time.... it's 6:34... .WHERES THE POST!!! lo l

edit: NOOOOO I missed it by less than 3 seconds.

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 pm

CS

Name: Sean Piker

Appearance/Weight: 6’/170lb
Sean is tall, slim, and in shape. His skin is mildly tan year round, he has dark brown hair, brown, wild, deep-set eyes, and a slouched posture. His nose looks like someone pinched it on the bridge when he was a baby, upon which sets a pair of rectangular glasses, transitions, of course.

Personality: Sean is an average teenage guy . . . except for one aspect of his psyche, or more really, he is mildly schizophrenic. When around other people, he hears voices and whispers, most of which are cursing him and insulting him, though they usually aren’t fully audible, but merely murmurs in the back of his mind. They tend to become louder in more strenuous situations. When the voices start to get louder, he begins seeing ghostly images in the corners of his eyes and becomes increasingly paranoid. Other than that, he’s relatively normal, though more on the nerdy side. He is usually sarcastic and fairly light hearted.

Former Employment: Unemployed/Student

Hobbies: Warhammer 40, Video Games, drawing, writing, fighting, etc.

History: A resident of Sacramento, California, Sean was dragged to smoggy, smoke laced Las Vegas by his parents to see the air show, which he ended up not going to, choosing to stay in his hotel room instead. Now it seemed like an even better plan than it had been originally!

Bravery: Normally, 8. Not so much for an abundance of courage, but for a lack of fear, being de-sensitized by the media and video games, also aided by several minor delusions of grandeur that came with his affliction. If he is in a large group of people who are all talking or shouting orders, especially if they are doing so at him, the voices will come and he will have a mental breakdown, generally incapacitating him until he becomes unconscious or can fight his way into control. He is starting to learn how to fight his affliction, but it’s still very hard for him to overcome.

Equipment:
[*]Coming from a family with quite a few military personnel, Sean knows how to shoot a gun, and has a Desert Eagle, which had initially been his dad’s. He has 2 full clips.
[*]Sean, being a schizophrenic gamer, isn’t wholly sane, and enjoys fighting. He likes the feeling of hitting things and much prefers the intimacy of melee combat over fire fights. He carries a combat knife, a large meat cleaver(commandeered from the kitchen), and a two-handed sledge-hammer.
[*]Has a 3g cell phone with a good camera.
[*]$150 in $10 bills in his wallet, as well as his ID and car keys.
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing