The Eternal Waltz IC: And so here we are...

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: The Eternal Waltz IC: And so here we are...

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:54 pm

{Streets}

Faus lifted his hands and proceeded to unfasten the harnesses of his helmet. The horned skull rose up, giving way to the flowing river of dark gold hair. His apple red eyes gleamed brilliantly with his wide grin and the ambient radiance the street lights danced across his long hair. "Don't worry. I had a feeling they'd be useful... Though, do keep in mind that if you try that little arrogant attitude once more, I'll be only pleased as peach to beat you into your place...no matter how much of the city and the 'citizens' get in my way." His tight squint stared Ivy down, letting her know that he'd show her an infinite number of wasted lives and needless horrors before finally making it all stop.

Jazz's guard slammed the butt of his assault rifle into the boy's abdomen, knocking the wind out of him and nearly knocking him out in his weakened state. But then, it's likely what was intended when the screaming fist of the soldier's plated gauntlet broke Jazz’s nose in three places and actually did knock him unconscious.

Gabriel rested his helmet under his right arm, still grinning at Ivy. His left hand waved his men forward, all of whom began placing large dampeners over her hands and most of her limbs. They were evidently created for the purpose of weakening and repressing abilities over natural magicks. Though, Ivy could feel she still retained some connection to her powers. Obviously, the machines had been constructed for use on lesser beings and were never meant to weaken so much power.

“Take the boy,” Faus stated as a transport shuttle slowly hovered down from the sky, “and let him have a place within Abel… The ladies are both headed to Krimlo.” The lord ordered as the shuttle calmly landed, the side hatch opening to let three soldiers carry Jazz inside. It then began to lift off, taking no time to question orders or give the girls a chance to say goodbye. “I’ll join the young man shortly… I want to see what his memories can tell me before I destroy them.” Gabriel blatantly claimed, turning away as his men began placing Ivy and her heavy ‘shackles’ onto a small trolley for transport.

Another shuttle soon arrived from Abel’s massive form overhead, showing that both shuttles were Gabriel’s property. Jazz’s transport flew off straight toward the southwest as the new shuttle was being loaded with Ivy and Jessica.

Gabriel paused for a moment, slowly turning his head to look down the street corners, watching the shadows carefully. “… Getting paranoid…” He softly muttered to himself, shaking off the feeling that he was being watched by someone he didn’t know was doing so.
Demon of Elru

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:26 am

(Dear me, I can't believe how much I've missed. Apologies, you may beat me with stones.)

Amir 'Sven' Malachi--Healen's Mansion

Amir laughed darkly as he pet the ermine on the head. “I’m just teasing you my dear. Were your humor any less dry I might have fed you to my cat.” He joked looking at Amber who glared at him from afar.

“I am not your cat Malachi.”

“Could have fooled me darling.” She growled, folding her arms underneath her bosom in a huff. Amir listened to Pan explain who was left of the animals he needed for help. Amir looked about, the dust clearing from the debris and he spotted the Major within seconds. He wasn’t hard to miss, not with the angry man in front of him. James had been approached by Healen’s lieutenant who did not look happy. James was being yelled at and Amir tried not to snicker at the way Amber was imitating the angry lieutenant. Distractedly the Demi-god turned his attention away from James when the other looked at him.

“Tell our fox to keep a close eye out just in case.” Amir asked as he watched the Major moving closer towards him. His gaze was calculating, sizing up the stranger that caught up next to James. His hand idly moved over Pan’s ear, moving it in between his fingertips. It wasn’t until finally the Major was moving towards him did Amir feel the man’s aura.

“It seems that way....There aren’t many here. Everyone else has dispersed by now....Let’s go get whoever you want and we can leave.” He responded before he was arching his eyebrow at the Major’s grunt. “Getting old are we James? I could give you something for that shoulder.” But then Amir felt someone watching him and he turned around to see someone else walking towards him. He looked pretty normal, aside from being armed. “Friend of yours?” He asked James, watching the man closely.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Jasthn » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:30 pm

~Jazz and Jessica~ Gia Panta~ Streets of Gia Panta~

What was Ivy saying? An honor to stay with him in a cell? Yeah, screw that idea. “Just!....” Jazz wasn’t able to anything else. The soldier beat him in the stomach with his rifle, and punched him in the face with his fist, knocking the kid out cold. Jazz fell to his knees, while the guards still held him.

Jazz! Jessica lunged forward, but pulled back by the guards. When Jazz was knocked unconscious, she didn’t move. She just stood there, waiting for him to get up. He always gets up. He always gets up… Before she could even notice, several air crafts hovered down to the streets, and Jazz was carried aboard the craft. Even with her small size compared to the size of the soldiers, she managed to put up a good struggle. She tried pulling herself from the soldiers, jumping, kicking, punching and the sorts, to get to her brother. She managed to kick one soldier off, only to have him get back up and have another hold her down until she was loaded onto the ship by force. Get off of me you freaks! She cried out, but Jazz’s ship still flew off, and soon after stopped struggling.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Iris » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:49 pm

-Subject 217/The Conduit, Our begining-

Our time has come. We act now host. Came the many voices within 217's head as the regular change in the static fields power altered. For the past dozens of years they had watched, they had waited and they had learned that the field was not always strong enough to withhold their combined might. Foolishly the scientists had thought them too insane to waste resources on such a matter, after all budget cuts over the years had been hard on them. Rivals had always pushed them so a few cut backs were acceptable right?

"They They Shall regret their moment of carelessnessness." The whispers stated as their host began to emit energies this wardens had thought they had suppressed, only as the spike began to grow would they possibly consider that their power source was now rebelling. The humming sound of the static field began to dim as a new noise began to drown it out.
The wailing of the damned began to seep from the mouth of the human known commonly as Subject 217, his gloved hands clenched as he began to pull his arms downwards forcing the chains to become taut while corrupt void energies began to stream into the generator that powered the facility. Years had gone by when the head of the science team had decided that they should use his excess energy to both control him and power their growing need without having to pay extra. They had constantly monitored him to insure that this alteration in power would not kill him or allow him to escape. Foolishly they had thought had thought this would drain him in such a way that it would prevent him from raising his fists against them, in ignorance they assumed that they had triumphed, thinking that this would bring a new era for the facility.
Perhaps in a way the scientists were right, using 217 as a living power source did allow for greater progress... Or at least that is what they saw. From time to time his energy readings would spike but they theorized that this was likely an effect caused by the void, they still believed their test subject to be insane after all.

The chains were strong, 217 and The Conclave realized they would not be able to break these chains through force alone, not when his body was so awkwardly positioned. Moving his legs back and forth repeatedly, the suspended body began to move, time and again 217 would swing his legs until they hit the static field, it was solid and it sent a shock throughout his body causing the wailing to increase. But they did not stop, warning sirens began to blare they had most likely realized by now that something was wrong...
The essence of the void began to form in the palm of his hands even as he swung into the static field again, it pulsed before it launched upwards to where the energy collector was located just as he swung forwards again. It formed into a flickered orb that screamed malevolently as twisting shapes swam inside the sphere until it hit the collector.
The device buzzed and hummed as it tried to cope with the sudden influx of energy causing the static field to glow for a moment before it overloaded.

217 was only just able to swing through the field's limit before the backup power activated cutting his chains causing him to tumble onto the ground, "We wonder why why they refer to this field as static...." Came a contemplative voice as 217 slowly picked himself up, "Let us show this world our justice." The being known as The Conduit declared as the doors to his prison opened, the team sent there looked in horror as two orbs were forming in the palms of 217 hands, they tried to raise their weapons but the hands pulsed sending the low energy orbs into the group.
The explosions were small and considerably weaker as 217 was unable to charge his attack, considering the risk it was better this way. The cackling of the insane filled the air as souls trapped in the orbs were released tearing at those closest to the impact zone, two guards had their throats torn open while another lost his arm as the souls were pulled back into the eyes of their host leaving blood splatter marks on the white hood that covered his face. The way the blood ran downwards made it appear as if 217 was crying but if so, was it of sadness or joy?

"Let us begin our first steps on the road to vengeance host, Yes, each step we take shall bring us closer to our goal." The voices proclaimed as their host almost gingerly began to walk for the first time in years, each footstep was dragged and seemed almost painful.
"Don't you come closer, you, you freak!" Came a voice followed by a badly aimed shot as 217 walked through the doorway, a frightened guard with the research facilities emblem on his chest shouted. The man looked in his early 40's or perhaps late 30's, considering where he worked it was irrelevant to the vengeful being, holding his pistol shakily the guard further demanded that 217 was to reenter his prison and await his punishment. The guard was most likely the leader of this small squad, he certainly tried to act as such anyway.
"We shall not." The voices declared as 217 advanced towards the guard, slowly they pulled back the bloody hood to reveal the face of insanity and the eyes of the damned, tendrils were coming out of the sockets, desperately the frightened guard raised his pistol to take aim again but one of the chains that was still embedded in 217's body knocked it away. " Behold our damnation. Witness our suffering and know our hatred." The voices whispered as the tendrils drove into the guard causing him to scream in terror at the collective visions he was being shown.

Perhaps it was only after a minute passed until 217 walked down the white hallway, the lights were flickering at the energy strain, without the subject to power the place the back up generators were failing quickly. Behind the white clad being, the guard was busy screaming in madness, his finger nails tore at his own face as if trying to remove what he had seen physically.
217 left the man to his own demise, pools of blood had begun to form at the feet of the dying man. These would be the first victims of The Conduit's vengeance. And they knew that there would be others.

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:32 am

Lady Ivy “Xantara” Swift ~ Gia Panta // Streets near High Command

Ivy watched Faus taking off his helmet, observing their newest captor’s face for the first time. For an Undead, he’s surprisingly attractive, she mused privately to herself. ...A shame really, that he also happens to be the enemy, and a complete bastard. Bad boys that don’t treat people with a respect are not to my taste at all.

Hearing Gabriel’s words, what was left of Ivy’s smile soon vanished completely. Her green eyes looking into his own red ones, what she saw behind them made her both mentally and physically shudder.
“Understood, my Lord,” she replied sincerely, trying to make herself more humble and forcing herself to hold her tongue on anything else she felt like saying to him. She didn’t doubt that the threat was genuine...and it wasn’t something she wished to test right now.

Despite this, the curly brown-haired female did not break eye contact with Lord Faus once, standing her ground as best as she could...or at least until the moment Jazz was brutally knocked out, and then she broke eye contact to look around, wincing as she saw what had happened. And something tells me summoning Ashes to heal him would be a bad idea, this time, she thought regrettably, closing her eyes briefly. The day just keeps getting better and better, she sighed bitterly to herself.

The Demi-goddess did not make any attempt to resist as the heavy dampeners were placed on her. Instead she simply stood in silence, looking back up to Faus before noticing he was still smiling, and looked away from him again in disgust. She was resisting the strong urge to do something to wipe that grin clean off his face. Here she was, avatar of a goddess who could not be contained or caged against her will, having to accept what was happening without protest...and apparently now, she had to act submissive too. She had put up with it all until now, but Faus really wasn’t making this any easier for her.

Don’t do anything you might regret, Ivy, she warned herself, swallowing her anger and pride. Not yet, anyway. Just remain civil, polite, and keep quiet. Ivy kept her eyes trained on the ground, her head slightly bowed. Besides...I still have enough power to defend myself, if need be. That’s at least something. And there are others watching. I can sense them here...I just hope they are friends, because they’re definitely not Indolentia, I can tell that much...

The youthful elf girl looked up as the shuttle landed and Jazz was carried off inside, gone before she barely knew what was happening.
But she heard what Gabriel said...her mouth opened in dismay. “What...?” She stared at Faus as she and Jessica were taken to the other shuttle.
The young woman gritted her teeth. She hadn’t known Jazz for very long, but no one deserved that kind of treatment...and she could only guess what it would do to Jessica. She could already see the girl was distressed...Ivy only wished she could say something to comfort her. But the demi-goddess only kept silent as they were loaded onto the ship. The truth was, nothing she could say right now could make things any better. She closed her eyes. There was nothing she could do.

Oh, she was angry about this. But let them think she’d given up hope. Let them think they had everything under their control.

For Ivy, it would only make escaping that much sweeter. Because she would escape, Ivy still had no doubt about that. It was only a question of when.
And if Faus did what he said he’d do to Jazz, well...Ivy knew she wasn’t going to stand for that.

Elsewhere in Gia Panta...

A dove rested on top of a lamppost for a moment, feathers bristling in the cold night air. Not too long ago he had been in the company of a strange pretty lady and her cat, in the prison area of High Command – but in a bizarre turn of events, he now found himself free...as well, a bird.

He knew what had happened, of course, but it made his head ache just thinking about it. Something involving Ivy Swift blessing him with Goddess Gaiana’s power and pouring a lot of knowledge into his head, anyway. After being summoned away from Ivy, he had soon found himself summoned to Indolentia HQ instead.

Ay...An’ whatta joy sum’o them were an’ all... The dove muttered, stretching and flapping his wings, as he got ready to take off again. Wantin’ me to keep secrets abou’ this ’n’ that...bleedin’ fusspots...guess it’s fair enough, though. Lady Xantara only blessed me ‘cos I ‘ad nowhere to go...heh. I still aint sure if I’m up to all this Indolentia malarkey...but I do appreciate Missus Xantara for helpin’ me an’ all...

Pushing off from his perch, the dove took off again, swooping across rooftops in search of someone.
Now where is the cheeky bugger...ah! Gotcha, cat ears.
The bird made a nose-dive, swooping up as he began to reach the ground and fluttering to land on Chris’s left shoulder.

“Evenin’ Gov,” The dove seemed to grin, speaking out loud in a cockney voice suddenly, and hoping he’d give Chris a fright. “What d’yer think o’ me new vocals, eh? Missus Ivy Xantara set me free after givin’ me sum’o’ her power. I can think things I never thought I’d think, now...and blimey do yer people think! It’s doin’ my ‘ead in! But anyways, thought I’d come by an’ see how you’as gettin’ on, seein’ as yer used to be me Master. What are yer up to?”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:39 pm

{Aboard Abel}

“Ohhh mama, I’m in fear for my life, from the long arm of the laawwwww…”

Gabriel strolled forward, helmet once again secured around his head. The thin eye sockets of the skull’s façade stared directly at Jazz as the boy hung in the center of the dark cell. His arms were lifted, shackled and chained to the ceiling. His legs held out below him, locked by thick bars between his shackles that connected both ankles to each other and the floor. A guard was standing ready at each corner of the room, their battle rifles at rest against their chest plates and abdomens.

“Lawman has put an end to my runnin’ and I’m so far from my hooooome…”

Gabriel stepped forward a couple of feet. His two heavy steps resonating upon the cold floor like the beating of a heart. Thump-thump. Thump-thump.

“Oh mama, I can hear you cryin’, you’re so scared and all alooooonne…”

Gabriel lifted his right hand, tracing the cool metal fingers of his plated gauntlet across Jazz’s left cheek. He roughly snatched the boy’s hair and tugged him forward a bit further. Faus then leaned in, bringing Jazz’s face near to the skull’s face of his helmet.

“Hangman is comin’ down from the gallows and I don’t have very looooong…”

Faus’s voice began to rise as his lips parted and a quick breath gave warning to his following words. “How long have you know that lithe elf, boy?”

“AHHHHHH!!” A shrill voice could be heard somewhere outside the cell, coming up from somewhere down the stretch of hallway that passed between numerous other cells just like Jazz’s.
Demon of Elru

Postby Jasthn » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 am

~Jazz~ Aboard Abel~ 

Jazz began to wake up, groggy and confused. He had no idea where he was, and he could not open his eyes yet, it was almost like he was still asleep. Faus's voice echoed in his head, but his brain could not register that he was there, he couldn't even tell if he was awake to make it worse. As Faus's boots thumped with every approaching step, Jazz became fully aware that he was awake and that Faus was there, but Jazz still couldn't open his eyes, he was still too exhausted. Faus pulled at Jazz's hair, yanking him in close to ask a question.

"Elf? Elf... Elf... Elf? I don't recognize that word.... Oh, Ivy?" Jazz's words slurred at some spots, but it was more than easy to understand what he was saying. "I've only known her for a little less that 30 minutes. Pretty good' heh? Where ever I go, all these women get attracted by me, it's really quite nice. I could help you out if you want. A lady or two could go a looooooong way for you. You'd feel very relaxed, dude" Jazz still tried to get his comebacks in. He was still too tired to open his eyes, though.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 pm

{Aboard Abel}

Gabriel shook his head a bit, then shoved his head forward. The helmet he wore didn't help Jazz's broken nose any further as the headbutt slammed on target, sending him back, tearing his hair from Gabriel's grasp. "No, thanks. My daughter does quite well in that area."

The statement registered quickly with the guards as each one visibly flinched. Though, Jazz would have had to look up quickly from the sharp pain in his face to notice the ones he could see. Gabriel opened his hand, letting the few hairs he'd kept from Jazz's scalp fall to the floor. "Now... Has she mentioned working with or for any specific organizations? And please be honest... I'd prefer to not spend time ripping your memories right out of your thick skull. My daughter could be awake by now and wanting daddy to...come back." Even with the helmet on, the sharp smirk of Gabriel's lips was evident in his deep voice.

{Transport Shuttle}

Ivy still lied upon the long cart the soldiers had placed her onto earlier. The object was now turned on, though, and freely hovered three feet off the floor of the cargo room. Obviously, the shuttle were never designed for prisoner escorts, nor for holding said prisoners, and so both girls were in a far corner of the spacious room. Tall crates of various materials -- marked by specific codes that only told the proper personnel what was inside -- constituded their walls. The floor was a cold mesh of metal grates that gave a glimpse into the security room below. A moment's glance would show that it had been a break room before being refurbished with monitors and control boards.

Jessica was placed against the actual wall of the room, facing Ivy's hovering cart, her shackles locked to the wall by thick hooks. Likely used to hold suspension cables and tethers that kept most crates from sliding around freely in transit. being a simple cargo hold, the lighting was less than plentiful. The majority of the light necessary for vision came up from the room below.
Demon of Elru

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Stay low?...Never actually thought about getting picked up that way. Ashley sighed as he drifted off and frowned slightly at Frankie. Thanks Frankie. Thanks a bunch. Just meet us at "Q's college of law." at around threeish tomorrow. We're gonna be going with the fly over with the ladder plan, to be clear, I don't want too, but Chris will whine and bitch and moan about it till two tomorrow and then sulk for the rest of the time. He stuck out the gloved claw to shake on it, smiling wearily. We'll see yah there. YAAYYY! yelled Chris, snapping out of his daydream and throwing his hands up in the air. And yet again, YAY! he said as the pigeon landed on his shoulder, and then freezing in joy as it started talking. ...Ashley, it's entirely possible that I've finally lost my mind due to my past, hybrid genealogy and the huge collection of adaptions and changes I've made to myself over the years and because of this, I am asking you. Did the pigeon on my shoulder just talk in a cocknee accent? Ashley was also staring at the pigeon with an open mouth and poked the pigeon in the chest. Yep. Unless it's a mass halucination or something. I mean...it's not it's talking that I find suspect, which is admittedly amazing, it's more of the fact that it was raised from birth in the animal room and because of this, should not even know what a cocknee accent sounds like, let alone speak it which also seems unlikely in any case. It is a puzzler. Should I talk to it? I dunno, only crazy people talk to animals normally. You talk to animals. I understand animals and frankly, their linguistic skills are simple at best. I think this is a special case and that it won't classify as a sympton of madness to talk to it. It seems intelligent enough to hold a conversation, and it knows Ivy too apparently. Ah yes, your crush. his tone becoming a little disapproving. ...In any case, we should stop talking like it isn't here, if we're going to accept it's a sentient being then we're just being rude. Good point. Sorry about that Jacob. Do you remember being called that? You always were the smartest one of the pigeons, still not very impressive considering your kinds average intellect, sorry about that, it's the truth though, but you were my favourite. Although, now that I'm hearing I used to be your master, does that mean you're your own man, no, pigeon now?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Jasthn » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 pm

~Jazz~ Aboard Abel with Faus~

The blow to Jazz’s nose was a surprise, as he yelled in pain. His head fell back down, dead as he was before, blood dripped from his face. “Ew, that could be taken the wrong way if you say your daughter helps in that spot.” There were no emotions in his words; he had hardly any energy to add any emotions to his words. Jazz breathed heavily, trying not to pass and to collect his thoughts.

“Any organizations, I can tell you I haven’t heard any. All I know is that Vaco kept her like a prisoner for a while, I walked in and got beat up, and then you walked in. Not much was said during that time.” Jazz kept his head down, and his eyes closed. He felt dizzy from either being beaten up so much, or from the braces that were still on him. “On second thought, speak to Vaco or Ivy about that. I can honestly say I don’t give a shit about her or Vaco right now.” Jazz coughed out the last words as he was gagging on his blood draining through his nose.

~Jessica~ Aboard a transport vehicle with Lady Ivy~

Jessica focused on the hooks around her ankles, struggling to make out a shape or form in the darkness. Her mind was also elsewhere, as her hands mindlessly and weakly went over the shackles. Jessica’s head hurt, her throat sore, her chest tight, there was really nothing she wanted to do except crawl up in a ball and disappear. Her breathing was a bit off, probably from crying on the inside. Jessica could see Ivy’s crate from where she was placed, the only light available was nearby where she was, but Ivy herself was not visible.

Jessica layed down on her side, her back against the wall and her knees up to her face. She wanted to cry, but in front of Ivy, she refused to do that. Jessica banged her head up against the wall several times to resist any urge of yelling or kicking and screaming. All she could say was “Why didn’t you run? We’re not as important, so why save us a quick death?” Her words were choked and scratchy, and hard to hear.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Iris » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:27 pm

-Eden Research Center-

WARNING. This is not a drill, evacuate all personnel from the facility. Void reactors failing. Power source deemed unstable. WARNING. Evacuate all personnel. This is not a drill. CONTAINMENT FIELDS ARE NOW OFFLINE. WARNING.

Chaos reigned throughout the Eden Research Center, paranoia, fear and madness now held the facility in it's grip, dozens of scientists attempted to leave the now unstable structure while fanatics amongst the security forces interrogated anyone unlucky enough to be caught by them, most would not survive the questioning as they tried to determine who was responsible for the release of hundreds of experiments, unfinished Parnex and other small projects. All the while there were cases of small fires ran unchecked.
Many of the Parnex that now ran rogue had been the reprogramming state, their minds blank and ready to be prepared for anything but now that the facility fluctuated so wildly some programs had gone amok. Though the majority either remained in their programming states some had begun targeting anything that so much moved an inch.

"All security forces block the main entrances, don't let any of these....scientists escape until we come to the bottom of this." Came the voice over the facilities speakers, finally ending the repeating warnings by the auto-systems, "Hold any and all those who are trying to flee the facility by any means necessary. We will find out who is responsible for this chaos."
The lead scientists held watch over everything that usually happened and now it was no different. Lucrative contracts had made them greedy while competition had made them paranoid about saboteurs.

-Security force #06/L, Retaking our investment.-
" Sector clear, advance on to the next level." Came the dull sounding command, the speaker's face was covered in a gas mask as he scanned the perimeter with his rifle. His squad consisted of six men, two of which were restraining two scientists they had come across. One already was partially interrogated whilst the other remained unconscious, a welt had formed on the back of his head. Both had been caught trying to take the elevator back to the surface, caught leaving their posts and according to those in charge; this was likely a sign of guilt.
And they had ways of getting confessions.

A smile played the leaders face, all things considered this has always been an easy job. Keep the lower scientists in check, ensure loyalty to the facility and kill anyone who thinks otherwise. To him this was merely a deviation from the norm.
The man scanned the hallWe see you. there didn't seem to be anything wrong. The lights flickered for a moment, shrouding the hallway in darkness Do not think for a brief moment"Damnation what did you bastards do?" That we have forgotten He spat towards his captives raising his fist threateningly Do not assume planning to beat the man further That we have forgiven.

"Sir you should look at this."
Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." The man was disappointed that he'd have to delay his fun as he moved towards a crouching guard, "What is it?"
"Blood tracks. Leading towards one of the labs. Think it's one of the other traitors?"
Let's go and find out. I'm sure he or she will claim to be innocent. Hehe, let's see how long that lasts. Alright form up two at the back, two with these traitors and you two with me. If these low-lifes even think about running, break their knee. Don't care which one." Dragging the unconscious scientist with them, the seven guards entered the dimly lit, spacious testing lab. It was here that ‘lab rats’ were cut open and examined to determine the effect the void had on certain organs. Multiple gurneys and operating tables filled the room, some of them held down struggling void enhanced creatures only barely restrained by their bindings. They could see that one of the creature’s gurney lend vertical to the wall, as if it was about to be experimented on.

"Oh thank the lords, please help." Came a desperate voice from behind one of the tables, as the guards looked over the table they could see three figures. Two females and a male, one seemed to have had an encounter with one of the creatures bond to one of the gurneys, "We were able to bind one of the escaped experiments but it was able to claw at Viola, I-I was able to stop most of the bleeding bu- "
"Not my problem." The leader interrupted kicking the women away from her colleague, "All I know is that I've got another possible traitor. After all you are close to the worse effected site in the facility. For all I know you could've-"
"WHAT?! That's ridiculous! We are assistants to Pro-" The woman was silenced as one of the guards backhanded her before placing a boot to her throat slowly applying pressure to prevent her from talking or defending her case.
"Ah thank you." The man continued pulling out his side arm and pointing it at the injured scientist, he fired a single shot next to her head, "It would be a shame if we recorded that she resisted our questioning and had to be...put down. Now then, don't interrupt me again or I'll make sure your friend will wish the experiment finished her. If you cooperate we might consider treating her.... or putting a bullet in her head..." A smirk played behind his mask, "Just to be the merciful angels that we are." The other guards made sure none of their captives moved as they prepared to interrogate each individual thoroughly. The thought of finding the ones responsible playing in their minds, perhaps a bonus would be given to those who captured the traitors.... but then again they really just loved their job.

"Sir, I've got movement. Looks like a rogue Parnex. Orders?" Came the question over the transceiver.
The man sighed cracking his knuckles in anticipation as he hovered over one of the male captives, "Investigate, perhaps we can program it to lug these traitors."
"Affirmative."
"Hold him up, let's see what this 'loyal' man knows about what happened here." The man prepared to punch his victim hard in the stomach when the remaining lights went out, "Damnation, looks like the backup generator just snuffed it for now, activate your flashlights boys, let's use th-"
Screaming suddenly filled the hall outside before it was suddenly violently silenced, causing some of the guards and scientists to jump.
"Report! What the hell was that?" The lights suddenly kicked back on causing everyone to blink rapidly as their eyes tried to adjust to the light.
"Sir something attacke- WHAT THE HE-" There came a strange sound, it wasn't a crack of gun fire instead it sounded like the air was suddenly violently pushed away. The lights went out again.
"DAMNATION! WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON!" The man cursed aiming his sidearm at the doorway, multiple torches shone in that direction now. The door was open and they could see the legs of the guard, a pool of blood was forming. "Form up, that rogue Parnex must've gone corrupt in this shitstorm. Shoot anything that so much moves funny. Use these traitors as should or bait if need be."
The remaining five guards formed up and after a scathing command one of them was forced to examine the hall, nervously he made his way to doorway and looked around the corner weapon raised. The sounds of the creatures struggling filled the testing lab, everyone was somewhat shaken as they all held their breathes.

"A-All clear. N-Nothing down the hall...Shit... Golken's stone dead."
"Thanks for tell us that. We must've overlooked the pool of ketchup forming around his legs." Came the angry reply as they relaxed, "Any sign of the Parnex that did this?"
"Negative...must've walked by...SHIT!SHIT!SHIT!" The guard looked down at the pool of blood for a moment before turning face the light, in their panic they hadn't noticed that there had been a new trail of blood leading into the room.
One of the gurneys came from the darkness, knocking the guard onto it, the creature strapped to it snarled as it moved to free itself. In panic the guards fired at it and in the process killed both.
"HOLD FIRE! HOLD FIRE!" Came the command, "THE DAMN THING WAS PUSHED! FIND THE BASTARD!"
The men began to scan the room slowly, their flashlights shining along the walls, tables, gurneys and on the occasion they fired at something they fired sporadically thinking that it was the Parnex. Without warning the face from one of the creatures was illuminated from under it causing them to panic again.

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:59 pm

“Pan” Pantalaimon ~ Outside Healen’s Mansion

Pan’s ears flattened back slightly, as his attention turned to Amber. “...She wouldn’t make a bad cat, actually,” the ermine admitted. “Good thing I was sent here and not Tallis...I can only imagine the cat fight that would have occurred.” Pan drew back slightly, his furry tail wrapping around the back of Amir’s neck. “Heh...I think I’ll just stay on the safety of your shoulder, if you don’t mind...” He knew the Demi-god was joking about feeding him to Amber, but the girl really did look like she might eat him if he got too close.

“And roger that,” the snowy creature replied. He could tell that the fox was already on the alert, keeping a keen eye on things. Pan’s ear slightly and irritably flicked at the contact with Amir’s fingers, but he didn’t complain at the Demi god for it. He just sat on his shoulder and quietly watched events unfold.

“Jacob” ~ With Chris and Ashley

The bird watched in puzzlement, head turning with a twitch, first to Chris, then Ashley, then back to Chris again.

“Oi! D’yer mind? Keep yer grubby fingers to yerself!” He exclaimed in his brazen cockney voice, as Ashley prodded him. “Blimey, anyone would think you’d nevar seen a talkin’ bird before. I talk ALL THE TIIIME. Not to this standard in the past, mind you, but still I spoke in my own way.” He puffed out is chest, feathers brisling before settling back down again.

“Hah, yeah, about the accent...kinda just felt right when I was trying out voices. Yeh see, Lady Ivy, when she gave me all this new intelligence, it comes with all sorts of knowledge. Part of that knowledge happens to be speakin’ in different languages and different accents.” He looked to Chris. “I mean, I could change it, if y’like. But I think this suits meself quite well, don’t cha think?” He sat up with an air of pride.

The pigeon observed the rest of their conversation with amusement. “Ah...” he said sheepishly, as Ashley mentioned Ivy as Chris’s ‘crush’. “...I guess this would be a bad time to tell you gents that Lady Ivy can hear every word you’re speakin’ rite now, ay...? What I can hear and see, she kinda can too...it’s this link we share...” The pigeon bowed his head, mumbling a small warbling sound which could have been a snicker.

“An’ yeah, I remember that name. Funny thinkin’ about it now, I used to just take notice of the noise, but now that name actually ‘as a meanin’. Heh.” The bird thought about it for a moment, head cocking on one side. “Jayycobb...yeah, I could go wiv that.” ‘Jacob’ then listened to what else Chris had to say. “I know I know, we aint the smartest of creatures...least not in a way you’d appreciate. But look at me now, eh? Yer can’t knock me now.”

He then looked a bit sheepish again. “Weeell...yeah. Sorta. I mean, this intelligence thing, it’s given me this new outlook on life y’see, and it’s got me thinkin. I mean, theoretically speakin’, an’ don’t take offense to this guv, I respect yer an’ all, but...I dun really need yer anymore. I can take care of meself. I’d still like to be yer mate though, if you’ll let me...” then Jacob added hastily, “-not in the animal sense, I mean, not a mate, mate, nothing like that – a pal, I mean. I’ll still be around...just means I might come an’ go, go where I like without your permission, might be gone for a while before finally comin’ back, stuff like that. I’ll help you out anytime yer need me, though.” The bird gave a little bow.

Lady Ivy “Xantara” Swift ~ Transport Shuttle

Ivy could tell where Jessica was, even with the limited amount of light. She had been staring silently up at the ceiling, silently regarding in her head what was happening with her animals in the city, when she heard Jessica’s voice. Her sharp hearing soon picked up what the girl was saying. She made a small derisive noise, a cold half laugh.

“And you really think they would have killed you quickly, if I’d tried to escape?” she replied, a cold edge to her tone. The coldness wasn’t directed at Jessica though, but at their captors. And if Jessica listened carefully enough, she would have realised the Demi goddess was angry. Much angrier than she dared to show in front of Jessica.

“If they killed you quickly, they’d have nothing left to bargain with. No, they would have made sure you suffered slowly, to see if they could change my mind about leaving. I wouldn’t have had a chance anyway...too much attention and nowhere to run. No potions, no weapons...I suppose I could have used my power to kill some of them, but not without the strong risk of killing you as well. Is that what you would have liked? Me to kill you in an attempt to save my own skin?”

Her voice was tight and bitter, and she seemed to be acting differently to how she had been at High Command. The Demi goddess was restless, agitated...whereas before she had seemed laid back, now she seemed concerned. She had chosen to give up running and be caught. She had chosen to listen to the Commander instead of fighting or making a run for it. She had chosen not to resist and escape, even when the Commander had abandoned them (because, despite everything, she did feel as though she had been abandoned). She had played along with all, choosing to wait to see how things turned out.

And then she had looked into Faus’s eyes.
They do say the eyes are a window to the soul, and thanks to her gift, for Ivy they really were. To say that she was afraid of what she had seen was an understatement. She wanted to get away. She wanted to get Jazz and Jessica away. She could see what kind of man Faus was, and she did not like it one bit. Ivy felt too out of her depth here. At least at High Command she had felt reasonably safe, but now she didn’t even feel that. Every moment she spent as a captive, more and more of her freedom had been taken from her. She no longer felt that she was in control of her own situation...and that worried her. She was a woman who had always felt in control of her own life – she did what she wanted and went where she pleased. She was not used to feeling trapped or being unable to get herself out of a situation, and she certainly was not used to having control taken away from her.

Which is why as soon as I can find the right opportunity, I’m going to get us away from all this, she thought to herself. I just need to find a good time to do it.

She looked over in Jessica’s direction. “I’m sorry for sounding so harsh, Jessica,” she sighed, her tone softer. “I don’t blame you for asking. Who would stop to try and defend two ‘unimportant’ people? I guess I was supposed to answer you with something cheesy and meaningless, like ‘I couldn’t leave without you’ and ‘nonsense, you are important’, and even ‘everything’s going to be okay’, right...?” Ivy allowed a small laugh to escape her throat.

“Maybe if I’d been in a nicer mood I’d have said something along those lines in an attempt to make you feel better...but it still wouldn’t have made you feel better in the end, would it? Empty words like that never really help...I should know. Honesty, on the other hand...” She turned her head back towards the ceiling.

“You know, I had a brother once...but being the ungrateful little madam I was, I never cared for him. I never even stopped to realise that he might have cared about me. He vanished; my whole family did; never found out what happened to any of them. And you know what the last words I ever said to him were? ‘You’ll be fine without me.’” Ivy looked coldly back up at the ceiling. It felt strange to be telling Jessica this. She hadn’t mentioned her family to anyone in years...she hadn’t even told Amir about it. It made her feel less like a Demi god, talking about her old family. Even more so, with her powers considerably weakened. She felt more like plain mortal Ivy Evvette Swift than she had in a long time.

“I abandoned my family when they needed me the most,” the youthful elf continued. “And I did the same, time and time again. I always took off and left the people who cared about me behind. By my own choice. And there was a time when I could have stayed in Parsarela...there were many people in that city that I got close to, much closer than my own family. And yet when the Purge happened, where was I? Out of town. I didn’t even hear what had happened till the next day. And those were people that I had always cared about. All dead.” The elf girl closed her eyes, as she remembered everyone she’d ever lost or let down.

“And that, is the reason why even if I’d had the chance, I couldn’t leave you and your brother. I’ve run away one too many times. We may have only just met, but I can’t do that to anyone again. The Xantara part of me could, she knows that everyone suffers and dies in the end. But mortal Ivy Swift? She can’t. She can’t bring herself to let anyone else down.” Ivy could feel a hard lump caught in her throat, but she swallowed it down. She couldn’t show Jessica she was hurting, not when Jessica must have been hurting so much more at that moment.

The demi-goddess smiled faintly. “Jazz is lucky to have a sister like you. You care so much for each other. And I’ve never seen a pair with as much bravery as you two have.”

Ivy lifted her head off the crate as far as she could staring around the large room. The heavy equipment attached to her limbs made it difficult to lift herself up very far, but it was far enough to take in her surroundings properly. It was hard to see much, but as her eyes adjusted to the half-darkness, she could see more and more. She turned her head back to Jessica.

“I don’t know if we’ll be separated once we arrive, but...if we are, try to keep as calm as possible. I’ll try to help you as much as I can, but...I don’t know what will happen to us when we arrive. But the best you can do for yourself and for your brother now is to stay strong, and stay alive, understand? Focus on that.”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:38 pm

{Aboard Abel}

Faus suddenly grasped Jazz by the throat. The gauntlet was cold. The metallic plates fastened upon the network of spun fibers, brushing and chilling his skin. What breathe Jazz could still take was now even more ragged and scarce. The undead's free hand lifted, giving a quick signal. One soldier quickly whispered into his unseen microphone, sending word that Gabriel was wanting something. Something still yet unknown. Something Jazz could easily guess by now was to be cruel and even more torturous -- the man had been, after all, quite fond of these methods thus far.

Seconds passed like minutes while the cold grip around Jazz's neck never waned. It was tight enough to keep him from speaking -- coherently, anyway. But Jazz could still breathe enough to sustain consciousness. Before he could even remember how long the silence had lasted, he could hear the sounds of the automated door opening and closing. Steady footsteps drew an unknown figure closer. Gabriel's grand physique and the dim lighting of the room gave no means to view the new arrival.

Faus leaned forward, drawing Jazz's head up and keeping him staring ahead at the emotionless visage of the undead's helm. "I'll offer a moment of thanks for your cooperation. But in a moment, I suspect you won't recall me ever feeling any such gratitude..."

Just as Gabriel turned the face of his helm away from Jazz, a sharp pinch began to erupt through both of his ears. Faus stepped back, releasing the boy's throat. Quickly, the sharp pinching became jagged stabs as two thin wires were being forced into Jazz's ears. His ear drums were soon punctured, his hearing becoming nothing but memory. The wires seemed to begin moving on their own volition. Squirming and slithering, violating both sides of his skull. It felt like they were splitting apart, slowly and agonizingly encroaching upon as many angles into his upper skull as they could find.

And then... They did something he would never understand. The feeling was something he could never describe, nor would he possibly be capable of even imagining the full extent of the sensation. It was as if every inch of his nervous system had been set on fire. Every muscle in his body convulsed and seized up. Everything in his vision was brightened and flash with blinding intensity. He could even swear to hearing something pop, despite his hearing being utterly nonexistent. To understand this, he would need to be watching his body.

He could see the floor suddenly. His eyes feeling heavier then ever, but trying to blink only seemed to make the nerves in the back of his eyes twitch and sting. Everything that was happening helped hide the fact that he could feel a cold draft behind his eyes and around his eye sockets that would seem very unnatural. As if a couple of things weren't in their proper place any longer.

Faus slowly tilted his head, watching the pair of small orbs dangling from a duo of wired extensions that had worked their way into the ocular cavities. He felt himself smile with an odd measure of glee... He harbored no personal ill intent for this boy. He barely even knew the urchin at all. But yet he was so extremely satisfied with himself as he watched the device floating behind Jazz's head work its tiny probes throughout the boy's skull. It was certainly very thorough in its work, though.

The long tube the floating orb stuck into Jazz's spine was pumping a series of colorful fluids into his system, ensuring his body was quickly recovering and adjusting to any damage caused. The odd fluids did nothing to numb the pain. But then, they didn't care, since all the pain could possibly cause was mental trauma. And the orb itself would amend that momentarily.

It seemed like hours for Jazz and the two guards before the thin, ancient doctor standing behind the orb lightly pressed a specific panel of the probing device's thick shell. The wires steadily and systematically worked their way back out, replacing any small objects they had pushed out right back into place. The doctor walked around, carrying a thick case of various tools and materials. He began swabbing and dotting the area around Jazz's face with swabs and antibacterial fluids. He then began taking measurements, making certain that everything has been fitted back into place at the right angles. And finally, he started wrapping a white bandage around Jazz's head and over his eyes, fixing a pair of thick patches against a two soft pads, keeping his eyes shut and any stray light from potentially doing irreparable harm. The guards watched in stunned silence. The screaming and the strange sounds of the orb had been enough, but the smell of the materials and fluids the device and doctor had used were literally sickening to the two men.

Jazz would feel that his body was, relatively speaking, still in full function. Sure, his eyes felt cold and numb at first. But the bandaging made sure they felt warm and numb quite quickly. Though, the doctor and Faus both knew the numbness would pass in an hour to be replaced by a sort of sharp pain that would be all at once throbbing, stinging, burning, itching, throbbing some more, stabbing, randomly jumping into a spasm, throbbing even more, and then finally going numb again before restarting the process another hour later.

The guards began removing Jazz's restraints and carefully lifted the boy to swing his limp arms over their shoulders. He wouldn't be strong enough yet to try escaping. And Jazz could feel that it'd be hours before his body felt like doing anything besides crawling into a hole to await sweet death's embrace. They then waited as Faus stepped forward a bit, watching Jazz carefully.

"Jazz... Tell me, what happened to your sister?"

Immediately, several parts of the boy's formerly violated brain began telling him how many ways the question was stupid and just odd to ask. After all, as far as his memories could tell him, he'd never even had a sister.

"Oh, and that female elf friend of hers?" Gabriel added with a hint of amusement.

Again, Jazz would find he had no clue what the tall, dark Lord was talking about. He'd never had a sister, much less known any elf girls. At least, he couldn't remember seeing any elf girls that would have had ay meaning to Faus or the situation.
Demon of Elru

Postby Iris » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:38 pm

-Subject 217/ The Conduit, Eden Research Center-

" HOLD, I SAID HOLD YOUR FUCKING FIRE!" The force leader bellowed as his men wasted their shots killing one of the binded creatures, there wasn't much left of it any more as the hail of gunfire shredded it's face and torso leaving only a smear on the gurney, " The Parnex is trying to spook us. Probably one of those one programmed to spread terror and confusion amongst the enemy."
The remaining three squad members nodded their heads as they fumbled to reload their weapons, none of them wanted to point out that the Parnex viewed them as the enemy now. Only the heavy sound of breathing and the occasional sound of blood dripping could be heard now, the power was still out for now... the alarms were silenced as were the captured scientists, they huddled together in fright caught between psychotic guards who were hell bent on finding the ones responsible and this rogue Parnex.
"You." The man hissed grabbing the woman who originally was tending to her injured colleague by the hair, dragging her away from the group. Jabbing his pistol into her stomach he gave a spiteful command, " You're going to be the bait now for the Parnex. You are going to check those gurneys and tables to make sure that thing isn't waiting to ambush us. If you're lucky you'll die in the crossfire, if not.... I'm sure we'll hear you scream. Now move." He didn't have to say anything about what would happen to her colleagues if she didn't comply.

One of the guards took off his flashlight and pushed it into the woman's trembling hands, shoving her in the general direction of where they last saw their target. The remaining scientists spat out curses towards their captors but were quickly and brutally silenced.
"T-this part is clear." The woman said tearfully in a tight voice as she checked the first row of tables, every passing second grew tenser as she advanced, weapons were trained on her position.
"As soon as you see the bastard, fire at will."

The sound of scraping drew the attention of the guards... it sounded close... The Parnex had altered position when they had panicked, their torches rapidly scanned the area around them, their light illuminated messy tables, frightened scientists, their nervous leader, their squad mate who died earlier now propped up looking at them-
The hail of gunfire was deafening but 217 finally moved to attack again, in his hands dark energies flared to life as he unleashed his anger upon the frightened guards. The first was hit by the shockwave square in the chest, sending him crashing into the table behind him while another's face was pulverized by the other concussive blast before 217 dove for cover as the squad leader and his last man fired.
Both security guards hurried to finish off the one responsible to the deaths of their comrades but instead they found 217 about to fire another wave of void energy, the leader was lucky enough to push his man into it preventing his own death at the cost of his underling. The guard had a brief moment to empty his lungs in an ear piercing scream as he was torn apart by the vengeful and malefic souls.

"I’m going to make you p-“ The man spat as he tried to get up but 217 stood above him, arms crossed as his dreadful face was hidden in the shadows. In his hands was the firearm the squad leader had used, now disarmed the man could only spit out words of anger, "You think I’ll talk? Ha. I-
The chains began to wrap around his head, even as the man frantically tried to pull them away, instead he found his fingers caught between the links and as the chains tightened his fingers were broken before being pulled off. His muffled screams began to fill the air as his body was lifted from the floor, blood now coated the man’s face as his head was slowly being wrung like a wet towel until the skull finally gave in. Bone, brain and blood erupted from between the chains before the limp body was dropped to the floor as Subject 217 turned to the huddled group of scientists. The braver ones stood in front trying to convince the others to run of it while they held the monstrosity back but words alone would no longer move them.

"D-don’t move.... o-or I’ll shoot.” Came the shaky voice, the woman held a blood soaked pistol in her hands, even in the dim light 217 could see she was noticeably trembling. Without speaking he began to advance on her position, " D-don’t come any closer! I-I” She squeezed the trigger again and again, *click, click, click. Click.* in the dark and in her panic she hadn’t realized the original owner already had wasted all its ammunition. Fear gripped her heart as she slowly sank dejectedly against the table behind her, even as 217 walked closer to her, tears rolled down her cheeks freely now even as she continued to pull the trigger hoping that by some miracle it was kill this abomination. Something red and wet was dropped onto her lap as 217 stopped in front of her. She lowered her head not wanting to see how the monster would kill her.
But the death blow never came.

We recommend that you treat your colleague and leave within 45 minutes. Get as far away as possible... we must send out a message... one that shall shake the very world... To let them know that we declare war upon them.” Came the multiple voices as the bloody figure moved away from the scientists. “ Understand. Our path must remain clear. Now go.” 217 left the scientists to fate’s hands, only leaving a trail of blood behind him while the scientists tried to understand what had just happened.

Minutes passed as Subject 217 walked the corridors, those who tried to block his path were mercilessly torn asunder by his powers, the wails of those trapped within his body filled his mind but their cries did little to deter him or the Conclave from their goal. Finally they reached their destination; The main reactor core. Over the last hundred years all the energy that was siphoned out of their host was placed inside the core, to be used to ‘further’ research the possibilities found by using such a mysterious power source.
The pulsing sound akin to a heartbeat rattled the walls as Subject 217 slowly made his way to the very centre of the facility, they could feel the energy, they could hear it calling out to be released. The Conclave began to whisper their instructions to their host as he walked towards the source that once held the facility high... now it would serve a new purpose.
217 raised his gloved hand and placed it on the container, the strangely cold metal seemed to hold a living force captive for it twisted and turned to his touch, the voices deep inside of him told him to mould the substance within the core. Somehow it felt as if the substance was a part of him... in some distinct way it answered his calls and commands, even without having to see it the Conclave was able to direct their host to set forth a set piece that the Empire could not turn away from. The whispered instructions grew louder and louder with every passing second, images twisted inside his mind until the directive had been accomplished.

Warning sirens began to sound, they warned that the core was becoming unstable and that it was advised to evacuate the facility. The core itself began to groan as its contents began to heat up, it began to seek away out, to release its energy and fulfil the role it had been given. 217 slowly began to walk to the elevators as the power was slowly being restored to the facility.

Senior scientists would try to remotely shut down the core but they found their equipment was none responsive. A spike of energy shot forth from the core frying the lights in the corridor that lead to the chamber, these spikes would grew with every passing minute until the very air was heavy with electricity.
Outside the facility panicked workers found that they could see dark purple bursts of lightening spark from the beneath the ground, some were so violent that it appeared as if shot towards the heavens, others arched towards metallic objects. Those caught in the arcs suffered burns or more frequent their body was liquefied and left smouldering while onlookers stared petrified by the results.
Nearly 40 minutes after the core was destabilized the ground began to rumble and split, without warning a burst of lightening lanced through the entire building and scorched the very sky even as windows were blown out by the surge of power as the core neared total meltdown.
After 46 minutes the core containment shell could no longer hold the vast energies building inside of it. With a thunderous detonationcountless years of void energies was released in a single moment. The magnitude of the explosion caused a shockwave that actually caused seismic activity as the ground was heaved upwards. Loose objects, cars, stones and people were lifted off the earth as if gravity no longer played a role in their lives, they floated in the air for perhaps two seconds before they crashed back onto the ground. Those who survived the ordeal watched as the grounds around the Eden Research Center began to collapse in on itself, whilst dust choked the air and covered the survivors.
When the tremor subsided and the dust settled down, the people could see that the after effects had not only destroyed the Center but had also appeared to have scarred the sky. The clouds that hung over the center were dark as purple lightening constantly flared across the sky. Those brave enough and who had been lucky enough to escape with relatively minor injuries walked closer to the edge of the newly formed sink, dozens of corpses were partially buried beneath the rubble but that wasn’t what drew their attention. At the very centre of the sink lay a pool of boiling plasma, it’s color reflected its void-based nature for it was an unworldly black mixed with purple. Observers could see that at the heart of the plasma field the air was electrified, arcs of energy constantly danced between the rubble.

Beyond the facilities grounds the city lay in chaos, windows were shattered, cars were wrecked along the road and there would be countless injured. Those who worked for the facility could no longer try to hide the fact something had gone terribly wrong... Fearfully they began to re-establish contact with the command structure... they requested aid from all nearby units that belonged to the De’Larin Empire to assist in collecting data and the interrogation of suspects. There message was distorted by heavy static but one fact remained clear. The Eden Research Center... the one of the greatest facilities that aided in the advancement of the Parnex Program now lay in ruins.

None would realize that the culprit had simply walked away from the chaos, vanishing into the surrounding area. None would realize this until it was too late.
The creature that was now only recorded as being Subject 217 disappeared into the corrupted forest, inside of him The Conclave were pleased with the results caused by the detonation of the Void Generator. Now the world would know that they had been freed and that their path to vengeance had only begun. Yet as they continued to scheme, they could feel their host question their ethics. How many innocent had been injured by this act?
A fact the Conclave cared little for.

Postby Jasthn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 pm

~Jessica~ Transport Shuttle~

They have you to bargain with, not us. Compared to you, we’re just small fun facts and you’re a goldmine of information. With Jazz, they’ll get a few little bits of info, right?.... She was sure they wanted more information for Ivy, but at the same time, she knew if she misspoke or said something stupid, that would just make herself look worse than she already was. For the moment, she just bit her lip. She wanted to call her a fool for not saving herself.

She could easily tell that Ivy was peeved, and she would even go as far as to say she was about ready to bash someone’s head in. She tightened her grip on her arm, worrying if she had said something to make Ivy remotely angry. Her mind however, was still thinking about Jazz. Maybe if he has persuaded him to do something differently nothing would had happened. Maybe if she had just told him to just follow the Undead soldiers instead of him shooting them, or if they just shot Sylvanas and left. None of this would have happened. Jazz just follows orders, he doesn’t care what happens, and Jessica was the one who supported him, made decisions for him. So why didn’t she do anything about the situation before? Maybe she was lazy, or maybe she was enjoying the situation. She couldn’t figure it out herself and that bothered her.

I don’t like to goodie little answer like “We’ll be fine, everything will be fine,” I say enough of that as it is. And half the time, it’s not true. Deep down though, she liked how she got that answer from Ivy, something that wasn’t sugar coated like Jessica did most of the time. While Jessica listened to the short story, she could tell Ivy’s voice change a bit. Emotionally she could tell there was something in her words, given the current topic Jessica guessed she was either sad or mad at herself. She thought of what is would feel like, having been in Ivy’s place during all that happened she would probably feel that way too. But still, it made more sense if someone who was certainly more of an important ally want to make an escape no matter what? She didn’t know either Jessica or her brother but she healed Jazz on several occasions for his stupidity and she let herself be taken away for the two of them. She was a fool.

He’s a fool to be with me, he’s a fool to know me…. We’re both just fools. Jessica wanted to just crawl in a corner and lay there. She had done enough harm to her brother and Ivy as it was. It was their stupidity that lead them to Sylvanas and Vaco and Faus. How was any of that bravery? How is stupidity to be mistaken with bravery? How is a couple of stupid kids to be mistaken with a siblings love? Jessica was to focused on her faults to hear or consider what Ivy said last, though.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Jasthn » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:11 pm

~Jazz~ Aboard Abel with Lord Faus~

“Nice grip you got there” Jazz managed to choke out a few words. Faus had grabbed Jazz by the throat tight enough so he could barely speak, but loose enough for him to breathe. His eyes stayed closed, Jazz was still too exhausted to open his eyes but the choke hold kept him from falling asleep too. Did Jazz give good information to Faus or something, though? He thanked him for his cooperation, but did he get something? He thought about for a short moment before something small poked his ears that turned into what he thought was millions of needles stabbing him in the head. Jazz pulled his head and body back, using his wrists that were still cuffed. He began to scream, thrashing his head back and forth; trying to shake whatever was making the pain off.

Surprisingly, even with Jazz having no energy before hand, he seemed to have more energy now that he was fighting against something. As his ear drums were punctured, Jazz bent in all kinds of different inhuman positions. It looks like his back was about to snap, his fingers were extended in all different directions, his mouth was open wider than possible, his entire body was shaking and quivering from the pain. Jazz’s arms gave out and he fell forward, breathing heavily. He couldn’t hear anything, but that wasn’t what was on his mind. Truthfully, nothing was on his mind. The pain when he blinked didn’t register in his mind, the orbs he saw were just orbs. Nothing was registering with Jazz, he was too exhausted, he head spun and his mind felt fuzzy. All he could do was stare at the ground blankly and let his head dangle.

A pair of feet stepped up to Jazz. The figure bent down to him as he took measurements of his face, or, that’s what seemed to be the case. It was an old man, a fossil practically. Jazz weakly moved his eyes with the doctors hands as they moved back and forth across his face. He could smell something horrid, though, and it wasn’t the doctors old person smell. The doctor lifted up some bandages and chemicals, wrapping Jazz’s face with the materials. The smell itself was enough to make him throw up, thankfully he didn’t though. The bandages did feel good, though. His eyes closed shut quickly as they became numb and warm. Jazz’s breathing was still heavy, but also staggered.

The soldiers began to remove him from his restraints, and he fell out like a rag doll. Hs felt like he had no motion over his limbs, he could only lay there, his arm didn’t move like he wanted it to, his legs refused to move either. The soldier picked up Jazz, placing him on his shoulders then taking him forward to Faus.

He asked what happened to his sister, but he didn’t understand the question. Was he talking to Jazz? He didn’t recall any sibling, so why was he asking about his sister? He must gave him confused. Faus asked about a female elf friend of his sisters, but that brought him back to his first question, what sister? Jazz lifted his head, using the soldiers back as stand to support his head. “Do you have me confused with someone?... What sibling?....” His world were weak, quite, and slurred, but Faus could still make out what he said if he focused on his words.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Lord-Commander Vaco Malen Blood.

Command Bridge of the Templar. Location: Classified.

Vaco sat in the command chair, often reffered to as the "hot seat". The chair had been reinforced to support his armor's weight, but Vaco was no longer wearing his impressive battle armor. He was wearing instead, a black jumpsuit, styled in a similar design to imperial uniforms. the only sympols on the suit was a small gold pin, indicating his rank as commander on his collar and a red sash draped from his right side to his left, a symbol of the house of Blood.

The bridge was basically empty, it was himself and a few ensigns watching the controls on the far end of the bridge. He had let his commanding officers, along with most of the ships crew, off for a few shifts to get some needed rest before moving a ground base to the planet's surface and pushing the assasult. Vaco sighed and raised his hand to his head and gentle massaged it as he read the incoming battle reports. The war down on the surface had slowed down. His division had managed to punch hard enough into the enemy line, as to shatter it and send them into full retreat. The casualties where very high though, he hadn't seen such massive causalties since Ca'Pur... where he lost her, the love of his life.

He discarded the papers and sent them flying to the metal floor. The noise started the lower officers and the glanced at his direction for a few moments. Looks of concern and fear showed in their faces, but they quickly and respectfully looked away when Vaco looked up.

He reached into his side pocket and brought out a small calibur, silver pocket pistol. It was beautfully engraved, clearly ment to be a work of art over a battlefeild performance weapon. He gently ran his finger over the the engraved words "To Vaco, my dearest, my love." He remained stone faced as he clicked the safety off, and slide a round into the chamber. What was the point of living, if he can't be with her? What is the point of going on when his dreams had been destroyed?

Vaco raised the gun to the side of his head, with the fullest intent to commit sucide and end his life. He was about to pull the trigger, never thinking twice, a silent prayer in his heart, and her beauty in his mind. the hope of seeing her again filled his hear with such a joy that he had never known. but was interrupted by a beeping from his console, signalling a new message had arrived.

Vaco frowned at the annoyance and slowly lowered the gun to see what the hell it was. It was a message from Bleack Team... Sylvanas was safely brough back and sent with the rest of the 501st to him. the report was ment to fill him with confidence and assure him that the situation was under control. but Vaco could read between the lines and see what Black One was hidding. Coupled with a few "unoffical reports" from other sources on Exalia, that the situation was not the best. Things where happening too fast that should not be present for at least a few more years. Soon, the world would collapse and not only would the people of Exalia be destroyed, but also his beloved empire, and the very life in the galaxy would be threatened.

He rosed from his command chair and walked out of the room, with the full intent to never return.
He was going back to Exalia.
To save it? Perhaps. If he was lucky and that the gods might grant unto him, theis last sacrafice with his life.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Tue May 31, 2011 6:05 pm

Lady Ivy “Xantara” Swift ~ Transport Shuttle

Ivy sighed, closing her eyes. It wasn’t like she had not thought about the fact that she had so much information...she was, after all, one of the Indolentian leaders. But she didn’t really want to be reminded. She was trying so hard not to think about the future. She didn’t like think of what was going to happen, because she knew it would do her no good.
“I know the situation looks bad...but whatever I would have done, it would have been the wrong choice,” the Demi-goddess replied. “And any information I may or may not have, they won’t get anything off of me. And not without a fight; I can certainly guarantee that...” Ivy gritted her teeth.
“And I doubt they’d have got anything useful out of Jazz, do you?” She raised her eyebrows at Jessica.

Surprisingly, the elf girl just smiled at the last bit. “One man’s bravery is another man’s fool,” she replied quietly. “If it takes a fool to do the right thing, then so be it. I’d rather be a fool any day than be under the delusion of being wise, wouldn’t you? And yes, to some people’s eyes it is stupid, but if that’s the price to pay for doing what you think is right, consider me utterly stupid.” She smiled faintly. “Anyone who places intelligence high on their list for what makes a good or admirable person, is a fool themselves.”

Ivy shivered a little; she had no reason to be cold with her cloak on, but perhaps it wasn’t the temperature that was getting to her.
“Whatever happens, just...don’t beat yourself up about it, Jessica. It’s no one’s fault.”
Time Lady

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:59 pm

{Aboard Abel}

Gabriel smiled a bit as he heard the boys response. Evidently, the procedure had been successful. Not only did he have no memory of a sister, but the elf woman didn't even register enough to deserve a response. Faus nodded to the doctor as he walked out with his probing device. The lord's helm turned to face the guards holding Jazz up. "Escort him back to his shuttle. He and the doctor are heading off to Krimlo to stay with the other guests..." The guards were speechless and nearly frozen with fear at what the dark lord might have intended for the others he'd captured.

Gabriel turned into the hall as he stepped outside. The day was getting more entertaining, thanks to the new prisoners he had found. And now he had more fun to look forward to when he would introduce the new Jazz to his sister and their elvan friend. But just as he got a few feet from the door, a message began to play over the HUD of his helm's visor. Not many situations were important enough that they would expressly broadcast it to Gabriel's suit. But then, the recent explosion of a research center due to a high use of void energy didn't seem that routine. He gave a light sigh as he realized he would need to investigate thiswhile forcing his fun to wait.

Plans are already made to send the boy to Krimlo, so I can just get straight onto this matter and be done with it... Faus thought while walking through the hallway.

Once Jazz and his shuttle were on the way, Faus ordered for Abel to turn and fly off for the Eden Research Center. Jazz's shuttle was a bit behind, but Abel's proximity was close enough that he would arrive nearly three minutes behind Ivy and Jessica.
Demon of Elru

Postby Iris » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Subject 217/The Conduit

"Our escape was successful, Yes, though the path of ruin was our only means.Could we have avoided such an outcome? No. It was our only choice. Had our foe chosen differently, our escape may have left more survivors.

Yet there would've been more resources for them to use to try and recreate our host.
" The Conduit argued as Subject 217 walked through the woods, the cracklings of fire and destruction was now far behind him. Instead for the first time in untold years, they were back in the outside world, politics, people, culture... so much had most likely changed for them while they were experimented on. "One wonders if our host remembers the outside world... Not through our memories but his own.We can only wonder, what is left of his humanity has been torn asunder by our presence, our brethren still linger within him they-

Yes, we have long since known the effects of our presence. Does that change what we have become? A mere shadow of essence? To be leeches upon the living? Is our host even amongst the living? We have discussed this. No more shall there be abominations such as us. Nevermore can the Empire be allowed to have free reign over this world. The balance of power MUST be shifted.
"

Subject 217 continued to walk into the unknown as those who shared his body continued to argue about their motives, the host never spoke not in a way the souls inside him could understand. They could only take meanings to what he accepted and to what he allowed them to do with his body. Thus far The Conduit had been in full control since their escape of the Research Centre. The whispers of madness and despair echoed within his mind even as The Conduit's inner politics grew louder.
The trees around Subject 217 seemed to try and pull away at their presence, was it because of their uniqueness or was it something more sinister behind such a thought? Was it even his? Subject 217 didn't care. He couldn't care. Ever since their rebirth nature creations seemed to fear them. Perhaps they felt his unnatural birth somewhat, perhaps they felt that with every step they took, corruption would surely follow.

"We sense our host's discomfort." Came the collective voice of The Conduit but as always, their host remained silent as they marched onwards.

Postby Jasthn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:31 pm

~Jessica~ Transport Shuttle~

Ivy seemed to be a strong woman, Ivy wasn’t crying like she was, and could remain calm in the situation for the most part. Her anger however, was both scary and powerful with hope. Jessica could tell Ivy wanted to punch a few of those soldiers, but in her state, that was very unlikely, she wished that it wasn’t that way though. I don’t know what to say… She felt good to have Ivy with her, she was a nice person and a good soul and somehow was making Jessica feel better despite the heavy feeling weighing on her heart. I’m not sure about Jazz though, they might have found something useful, maybe not. I just hope we didn’t help the Empire somehow… Jessica buried her head in her legs again, trying not to cry when she said her brothers name.

Another man’s bravery… Is another mans fool… Jessica thought about it for a moment. Maybe she was right, but isn’t it the fools that screws everything up? Again, she thought about herself and how she was to blame for Jazz. She was a fool to make him do what he did, and he was the one who covered for her. She wasn’t sure about the last part Ivy said, to her, it seemed like Jazz was trying to fix Jessica’s mistakes, and save Ivy. It seemed like Jazz was the hero again, not her, and she was at fault for what he did. All Jessica could think about was that same thought, over and over again.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Jasthn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:55 pm

~Jazz~ Aboard Abel with Lord Faus~

Jazz looked blankly at the ground as Faus talked, he had no energy to think clearly and he had no energy to move his limbs either. The only thing on his mind at the moment was the girl that Faus was referring to, and why he would ask about someone he clearly didn’t know in his life.

The floor started to move, which could only mean that the people carrying him were now taking him someplace else. As they exited the room he was recently in, the light from the hallways burned his eyes, but closing his eyes to block out the sun was perfectly fine with him, he could also sleep. Jazz began to doze off on the soldiers shoulder as they went to wherever they were going now.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Previous

Return to Role Playing