The Eternal Waltz IC: And so here we are...

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Eternal Waltz IC: And so here we are...

Postby top gear tony » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Dan Slate, Gia Panta

Dan's eyes slowly re adjusted them selfs and came into focus, he found him self staring at a ceiling the blast must have blown him through the wall of a building. He didn't really know what had happened, one minute he had Sylvanas by the balls......... metaphorically speaking of course, and then 'boom' hear he is staring upwards. He triyed to move but his whole body ached in pain. The wall must have been weakened a fair amount or he probably wouldn't have been thrown into this building, and that was only because of the surprises attack that seemed to come out of nowhere, his ear drums had all but recovered.

Dan slowly lifted his body, it was numb enough that he didn't feel the inevitable pain of being knocked through a wall yet. finally he got into a sitting up position, he felt heavy his own bodys waight felt unwelcome, his right arm was slumped on the floor like the sleeve of a shirt being worn by someone two sizes too small. "Well I better get the hard part over with before the pain causes me to pass out." So Dan took a piece of wood from the pile of debri and bit down on it, then with he left arm he took his right arm and with a sharp pull snapped his arm back into place.

Dan grunted at the pain and spat the piece of wood out he then lent back and took a few deep breaths. his arm was still unusable but at least it wouldn't hurt as much. "Talk about unfair using a giant thing like that. Since that woman obvioly isn't hear tryna cut my through right now she must ether be dead, thinks i'm dead or out cold." Dan reached into his pocked and pulled a pack of cigarettes out, he slowly placed one in his mouth then reached for his lighter, he would have done it faster but he only has one hand to work with right now. After lighting it he breathed a deep sigh and some cig smoke. "Won't be long before the enemy support arrives. And before the pain hits, I think i'll take a shot of adrenaline."

Dan flicked the cigarette butt away and pulled out a pouch with a first aid sign on, he opend it and took a syringe there was also a note that read "Hey Dan this is a note to yourself, just to remind you to get some morphine or painkillers or something that helps with pain. Oh and looking good P.S. I took the last piece of cake." He chukled at his own note he had actually forgot that he had put it in there, but that also ment he had forgotten to stock up on painkillers and morphine. He looked at the syringe for a few short second before sticking it in his wrist. "Oh that the stuff." He then shakingly got up and limped out of the hole he had not so long ago been thrown through....... and made as a result.

Rusty, Gia Panta

Rusty's ears shot up the second the 150mm round hit. His "Doggy interwishing" if you will, told him something wasn't right, beyond that "bigass bulled" that just hit and the whole army up in arms. So Rusty went in the direction of the sound.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Ashley and Chris turned as one to glare at Jace again, Chris leaning over, pushing Ashley down and resting his chin on Ashley's head. Of course I'm going to be dressed up, I'm hardly going to go around naked. Yeah, it's freezing out here. And it's raining. It wasn't raining when we came out. True, but i knew it could rain later. Plus, you'ld look silly. People don't like it when other people run around naked. They get jealous. People can be so insecure sometimes. Yeah. Wait, do you think he meant the dress. Maybe, it depends on how smart he is. Not a lot? Probably, but anyway, why does it matter if I was wearing a dress? Do you have a problem with people wearing dresses? There's nothing wrong with that? Unless you look stupid or ugly. But I don't. True, you look surprisingly good. What do you mean surprisingly? I'm sorry, I meant to say you look very good, slip of the tongue. Alright then, I hope we've answered your question sir. Judgemental prejudiced prick. Chris. Sorry, slip of the tongue again, it's all over the place today. Hmm.. Ashley muttered suspiciously before turning back to Ivy again, Chris getting off Ashley's head and flashed another smile at her.

What a poor fellow. Chris said smoothly as he took another step closer to Ivy. But don't worry, if we went out, I'm positive we'd be fine, I'm a very lucky guy so your unluckiness would probably cancel out. He suddenly dived forward and got on one knee in front of her, grabbing her hand and looking up at her with a look of pure love and infatuation, therefore making it seem totally fake. Let me take you away from all this. he said dramatically as he swept an arm outwards. Come with me and I'll take you anywhere and everyway. I'll make sure your every want and need is satisfied. You want to eat out, I've got my own chain of restaurants. Whatever you wish to wear, I've got my own clothes stores. Someone annoys you, I have links with numerous mobs and gangs and I'll have him shipped off to the coldest, wettest, darkest place they can think of.

He stood up and grabbed her other hand You want a kid? I've got three orphages, a hospital, two primary schools and a university. Think of it. He pulled her towards him and looked deeply into her eyes as the possibilities raced through his mind of the future. We'll have three kids, two boys and a girl. Edward would be a lawyer, he'll be a greedy little bugger just like his dad, Adam would be a doctor, always thinking of others and trying to make the little place, and Sarah would be a primary school teacher, and she'd be the kindest and most beautiful little girl in the world and we'll spoil them horrendously, and just think of how Gorgeous they'd be with out genes.

Ashley sighed as Chris daydreamed of his future little angel and looked apolegetically at Ivy. I've got a blue dress I quite like and a few others, but I don't cross dress regulary, just whenever he wants to do an act, thats why he looks so ridiculous. he sighed wistfully and glanced at the top hat and cape. As you've probably guessed, he's quite dramatic. The theatre lost a progidy when he went into business.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Slipslash » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:10 pm

---Jace---

Jace frowned in mild confusion. Were these people trying to act like dicks on purpose. They were actually starting to get on Jace's nerves. He had no time to be screwing around with some freak and his boyfriend.

"Well, the way I see you, you're the one being the judgmental prick, prick. Jumping to the defense when all I've asked is a joking question is never a good way to introduce yourselves, in fact it exposes the fact that you yourself have problems trusting people (which would of course explain your swindling tendencies. So you can take your advice, and blow it our your ass. Or better yet, you can take your advice and blow it out his ass." Jace said, pointing the Chris's effeminate friend.

Well Jace would have said that if the situation wasn't as serious as it was now. Rather then do that he simply crossed his arms and walked a few feet away, leaning up against the side of the alley ignoring the subtle and not-so-subtle insults being hurled his way for whatever reason (Jace had no idea why these people were being so negative when he had done nothing to them in particular). Jace hoped Ivy would see his considerateness in waiting for her conversation to end so they could both resume speaking. Jace only had a hunch as to how honorable she would be, for one could only talk to the locals for as long as one needed.

And rather then try anything rash, Jace had opted to kindly wait for them to get done. When you're dealing with a Demi-god, it would be best to not try to force your way through. . .
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Lady Ivy “Xantara” Swift ~ Gia Panta // Alleyway ~ Playing games

Inside Ivy’s bag, Tallis was in hysterics. Figuratively speaking, the feline was wiping tears from her eyes.
Oh, these guys are a hoot, the cat inwardly chuckled. Ivy, next time you have a party, please invite them!

Ivy also privately shared her animal summon’s amusement. She also found Chris’s performance to be very entertaining, if a bit melodramatic. She couldn’t stop herself from smiling.

“Well with an offer like that how can a lady say no?” the Demi-God replied, a playful smirk playing around her lips. She laughed, moving closer to him to whisper, “…But I think we should go out for a meal first and take things from there, don’t you?” She smiled again. She glanced to Ashley, giggling slightly. “Oh, I don’t know about ridiculous,” she replied, reaching out and running a fair elegant hand over the brim of Chris’ top hat momentarily. “I think he looks…quite dashing.” The elf girl giggled at Ashley’s last comment, turning back to look at Chris. “Oh, I bet they did,” she said playfully, observing the Gato human hybrid. “I bet you would have made a wonderful actor. I would definitely go to one of your performances.”

She paused for a moment; she knew Jace was waiting for the conversation to finish. But she would drag this out for as long as she felt like it. If it was trying anyone’s patience, that was just too bad. In fact, if her games were getting on people's nerves, all the better.
“So,” she said, looking from Chris to Ashley, “what brings you two boys here anyway? Apart from bumping into me, that is,” she said, laughing slightly.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:20 pm

----Jace----

Jace sighed and got up off the wall. He casually walked up behind Ashely, who was currently preoccupied with with Chris, no doubt.

The way Jace walked up behind him, neither Ivy nor Chris would have not known what he was doing other then the fact that he was walking towards them.

"Commander Vaco, be ready. My patience has grown thin with these fools, Ivy may try something so be ready when she does"

Right before Ashely may have noticed the sound of Jace approaching him, Jace pointed the gun straight at the boy's head from behind, ensuring he wouldn't be able to try anything brash if he wanted a hole there.

"Ok, hands up. You two are done here. This sector has been sealed off by permission of the 501'st Grim division, all civilian personnel are advised to leave immediately or suffer the unintended consequences. Yaddah Yaddah, yaddah, you know the deal, now get going. I've got a job to do and waiting for you two to stop flirting is as boring as it gets."
Jace said with a particularly bored expression, the gun pointed at Ashely. Jace had put just enough space between him and Ashely so that if he happened to try and swipe at the gun all he'd find is the barrel pointed at his face this time.

"And don't try anything rash either, I'd just like you two to leave us be. But if you have a death-wish, I have no problem with that either. . ."
Last edited by Slipslash on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Commander Vaco.

Somewhere in Gia Panta.

Vaco snapped out of his trance at the sound of Jace's message. He looked over into the alleyway and saw that things had remarkably collapsed. Everything for the powder keg was ready, all it needed now was the spark. He got into a better stance to leap down into the alleyway, and was thinking about weapons to use. Arm blades or pistols? Hmm...

A message popped up on his HUD from the Black Hand. However, it wasn't from One and Two, Who were closer than anyone realized, but Four's team. It simply read "Mission Completed."

He allowed himself a grim smile. His trump card, the ace up his sleeve, was in place. Now he only had to hope that he didn't have to use it.

"MIR, these new comers... who are they?"

Captain Sylvanas

Somewhere in Gia Panta. Pursuing Dan.

The alleyway was full of smoke and dust from the explosion, but was fading away thanks to the rain. The captain reached up, and grabbed a hold of the top of the dumpster and pulled herself up. She was breathing heavily and shook her head a few times to try and get it clear. The explosion had rattled the 501st assassin, and definitely done some damage. She struggled to pull herself up, and looked down the alleyway where he had been. The mercenary was gone. She moved to go check out the alley, but stumbled and hit the ground hard.

She remained there for a few minutes, just trying to compose herself. So far from what she could figure, there were no serious injuries. The armor had succeeded in stopping nearly all of the damage done by the grenade. The only thing it didn't manage to stop was the beating she took when it blew up, all shrapnel was skillfully absorbed. Still though, it felt like someone had thrown her around for a bit, then put her in a giant dryer and set it on high.

Very slowly, she pulled herself to a sitting position against the dumpster and gave a full examination. the armor had several new scratches and dents in it. A few chips were even present. But that wasn't what caused her to left in a sharp exhalation of air. The was the cracks allover her armor. The cracks ranged from noticeable fractures in the plating, to jagged micro cracks.

The armor was compromised. It might be able to block a few bullets but that was it.

She turned to look down the alleyway and caught sight of Dan slipping away. She reached behind her back and pulled out the twin SMGs. After a careful examination, she concluded that they were still in good condition.

Sylvanas, Captain in the 501st and a leading assassin, pulled herself up again, and slowly went after Dan. Her movement becoming more fluid with every step she took.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Ashley calmly raised an eyebrow as he glanced at the gun. He gave Chris a quick poke in the back causing him to snap out of his own personal little world as he turned and noticed the gun as well, an expression of distaste quickly spread across his face. Oh what a shame. Isn't it? Wrap it up. Chris sighed as he stepped back from Ivy and swept his hat off. We were doing a magic show, since you ask. he said conversationally as he reached deep, deeper then possible, into the hat and took out a white dove, perched on his wrist, with a small note wrapped around it's leg. He smiled at Ivy and moved his wrist to Ivy's shoulder and with a small "coo" it hopped onto her shoulder. Call me later, that note there should provide ample information, I suggest reading it as soon as possible. He gave another quick smile and twirled the hat round with his fingers. He flicked it into the sky, rolled it down his left arm and across his right and as it reached his right hand, with a small jerk, he grabbed the rim in the air and swept the hat onto her head. It looks much better on you. he said, flattery dripping from the words as he stepped back to Ashley

I hope you find my gifts useful. he called out over his shoulder as he put an arm around Ashley and walked back down the street. We're not really leaving her, are we? Ashley said quietly, in a tone of voice indicating that he already knew the answer. Fuck no. replied Chris out of the corner of his mouth. Like I'ld leave a young defencelss lady like her with a violent and boarish oaf like that. True, but I don't think she'ld be much better off in your company. Shut up. muttered Chris as he raised an arm and gave one last wave to Ivy from behind as they rounded the corner
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Lady Ivy “Xantara” Swift ~ Gia Panta // Alleyway

Ivy frowned at Jace’s interruption.
Well, it looks like that fun’s over, she sighed to herself. She pouted. Boring? You’re the one who’s boring…ruining my fun, she commented, although she didn’t say this out loud to Jace.

Well that’s the Empire for you, Tallis remarked. They turn everyone into boring conformist fucks. They should try and loosen up once in a while...they take these things too seriously.
A bit like you, you mean? Don’t think I haven’t forgotten your raging earlier.
That’s because you will insist on scaring the shit out of me. I’d trust you to throw yourself off a cliff, you’re that silly.
Silly is fun and entertaining when played properly.
And it’s stupid.
That’s a matter of perspective, Tallis.

A soft smile crossed Ivy’s face when she saw the dove appear from the hat.
Oh great muttered Tallis. An animal that isn’t one of ours. It better not compromise us.
Well if it does, it doesn’t really matter. We’re compromised anyway, if you haven’t noticed. But it would spoil my fun a bit. Plus, it might put Mune in danger if they know about my gift with animals…
Where the hell is Mune anyway? She hasn’t been in contact with us for far too long. I’m going to see if I can get through to her…

Meanwhile Ivy let the dove hop onto her shoulder and nestle there. She immediately unstrapped the note, stowing it away under her cloak, tucking it away where no one could get to it – not unless they were asking for a slap. She smiled as Chris put the hat on her head. “Thank you sweetie. I’ll make sure to call you later,” she called out to him with a delightful grin, as he and Ashley left. She blew him a mock kiss. Simultaneously she subtly stepped backwards, so as to put more distance between herself and Jace.

The Demi-God then put a hand up to the dove on her shoulder, stroking its white feathers as it nestled against her fingers. The bird seemed quite at home with her, like a baby chick that had found its mother. Ivy laughed as it nibbled at her fingers. The lady elf turned her attention back to Jace. She appeared to be vaguely annoyed, but she was still as flippant as before.
“Did you have to spoil my conversation like that? It’s funny, every time a guy has tried to chat me up today, you lot come along and point guns at their heads. Anyone would think you were jealous.” She stroked the dove again as it nestled right up against her neck, sheltering from the downpour under the rim of Chris’s hat. “Anyway, where were we? I can’t even remember.”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Jace holstered his pistol and crossed his arms.

"Please, the one other person that has chatted you up only did it because he was being chased by "boring old us"

He said, shaking his hands for empashis.

"Oh funny thing you should mention jealousy. . .Jace had some strange feelings mixed in this head of ours. If I remember right, you were his first child-hood crush. Hell, I'd say you still are, but then I have this whole "professional, Its-my-job" sort of thing going on. So maybe you're right about me being jealous." Jace finished with confident a smirk.

His smirk did not disappear as he continued their conversation from before.

"I had a whole plan to go along with this you know. Lead you conveniently into a corner that you yourself put you into. Me leading you along on a leash and then throwing the trump-card at you. I would have simply loved the expression on your face Ivy. But with those two interrupting me the mood. . .has since been ruined. . ."

Jace paused, examining Ivy's reaction before he blew her away. The smell of victory had returned. That or it was that wretched creature Ivy had on her.

". . .So, I'll just tell you now." He said, clearing his throat. "We're not stupid, we didn't just go on a wild-goose with some random person. We knew you're involved with the Indolentia. We know you're a Demi-god. We knew you'd be arriving today and from where. We knew where you'd been this past few years. We just needed the right time and place to "get" you."

Jace said, a wild smile on his face.

"And do you want to know how we knew? Easy. A little Indolentian birdy told me. You're agency seems to be pretty bad at keeping information secret from its own members. I suppose that comes from the whole "freedom" bit they have going. Oh, it'd be a crime to tell you we only have one agent in the movement. Rest assured we're biding our time, for they seem to be doing nothing at the moment, so while you wall wait, we'll be busy planning, like we always do. Because we're boorish people, in a boorish Empire, who just sits on their asses all day? Isn't that right Miss. Xantara Swift?"

There is it was. Jace's fullproof trump-card. A major bluff on all accounts, and no doubt Ivy would have normally been able to call Jace out on it. But that all changed when he mentioned "Xantara". Doing that would imply they really did know of her existence.

A lie that was impossible to prove wrong. That is what Jace had just done. And he was quite proud of the fact too.

__

City-Grims

__

As the two civilians rounded the corner, a multitude of lasers all focused on their position. If they thought they were truly alone they were mistaken. Grim snipers, while at a far enough distance away to not cause any unneeded stress towards Ivy, were well within their range to be aiming down the separate alley's that surrounded the high-value target that was the Demi-God. snipers teams were positioned to be looking down each section of alley crossing outwards from where Ivy and Jace stood. Behind them was a Grim blockade of the main roads and important alleyway's. While the blockade was not perfect, it made escape towards the main roads and alley's impossible.
Of course Ashely and Chris would be allowed to go through these checkpoints (With a minor identity scan) but until then, MIR would keep tracking them (Although the further they walked away the harder it became to track them) and if MIR was keeping track of them, so were the Grim's and 501'st. They didn't assume they would try anything funny, but they watched them to be certain as was military policy. Everyone is an enemy or possible enemy on the battlefield.

And so the snipers made it known to the two that they were being watched. The lasers did not aim at their bodies directly, but they did hover about on the walls behind them, letting them know they were being watched carefully. . .

+++MIR+++

"I've identified them as Christopher Quinn and someone by the name of Ashely, no surname. They're logged into the base as known con-men. The Grim's will probably arrest them once they get to the blockade, unless they escape some other way. In which case I'll no longer be able to track them, but I doubt that matters now what with the HVT we have there. They both have a crime-record, although nothing too great, I doubt they wanted to do anything nice to our target there. With shady people such as this, they would have problem found a way to get into her purse. Although they we're awfully unafraid of Jace and the Empire's presence here in the alley. I'd suspect they're involved with the Indolentia somehow, but I see no underlying proof." MIR finished with his description.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Commander Vaco.

Somewhere in Gia Panta.

"Hmm... Yes I see," replied Vaco to MIR. He was scanning through the report on Chris. "It doesn't matter though. Let the Grims do as they wish. I have a little... surprise for them for fucking around with my business. I'm sending a ETO to Command and you. You may observe or participate if you wish."

A ETO is a Electronic Termination Order. This message is rarely used, and only in espionage and counter terrorism operations. A few times it was used during planetary assaults to... liquidate enemy economies. Basically operatives delete, lock, steal, or crash a target's financial, and any other electronic data. That means bank accounts, deeds, SSN, credit chips, locks, warehouses, passports, ID cards, backups, nearly everything is denied to the target. The only thing that remains behind is a criminal record. Of course that works only if they have the correct information and authority. Such an ability is devastating, and can only be authorized by a Undead Lord. But being Commander has its own little perks.

Of course, one does wonder why they don't use such an ability against anyone who threatens peace, or against the various gangs, or rebellions. Surely a economic attack would be much better than a physical. Not really, the power of this is immense, and extremely dangerous. Should it fail into enemy hands, the entire Empire would sink into a depression. So to avoid such a reality from taking place, several safe guards have been positioned, some known to the Undead, and some created by the Hierarch himself. There is also no public or electronic information written about it, only a few Undead Lords, and a select others are aware of its existence. This is to keep it as secert as possible, and to avoid any trace of its leakage into the general public. Should the public know about it, there would be fear and uprisings all across the Imperial Space. It would tear the Empire apart. After every release of this attack, the Imperial Systems are recalibrate to deflect a one that runs across the same set, or same line of command. So after every release, the ETO must be removed and rebuilt from ground up, something that takes weeks to months.

This prevents a capture ETO from ever entering Imperial records. That and its completely guided by a sentient being.

It's not really a virus, but is at the same time.

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:38 am

Ivy’s eyebrows faintly arched in surprise when Jace turned the joke about jealousy back on her. "Well if you were feeling left out dear, you should've said so," she said, smirking slightly herself.
However she soon lost interest in what he said next.

Ha ha, oh here we go. The whole ‘we know all about you’ thing. Hah. Oldest trick in the book. And I can already spot several faults with that ‘guesswork’, Ivy thought, her expression bored as she took out Chris’ note to read it, only half-paying attention to what Jace was saying.

Funny how apparently my enemies knew I’d be turning up today, when it was completely on a whim. Ha, imagine if I actually planned out things like that! Their inside ‘spies’ are terrible. They know nothing about the spontaneous way I operate, that much is obvious. Oh, and that’s if there were any spies - which there aren’t. Shame it’s not true. That would have been exciting. Imagine that Tallis! Spies in the Indolentia. Oooh the drama…
Would make things more interesting, Tallis agreed. But huh, very sloppy lies there. It’s almost as if they think, you think like every other ordinary person.
Unless they’re still playing.
But why would they do that?
Well that’s the fun part, isn’t it? The only thing that doesn’t add up, from their rational perspective, is why they’d waste their time like that. So I think they probably really are just that stupid. The Empire thinks too rationally and takes things far too seriously to waste time in playing my complicated games…so yes, they are lying. And failing at it terribly.

But then Ivy heard the name ‘Xantara’. Her hand lost its grip on the note and slipped. Immediately she tried to disguise the action by moving her hands to fold up the paper and put it away. She looked up at Jace in surprise.
How the hell does he know your Demi-God name? Tallis hissed telepathically.
I don’t know. Ivy was stunned. I really don’t know. But it doesn’t add up with the rest of his story.

“I’m sorry?” She asked Jace, making it appear as if she had perhaps misheard. Her expression was of someone who didn’t know what the hell he was talking about.

But inside her mind was racing. How could he have got that information? It wasn’t the idea that he was telling the truth that was worrying her. She had already worked out there was no possible way it could be true. But that name…he’d said her name, and she couldn’t think of any other way he would have gotten hold of it. I can’t believe I of all people am saying this, but this really doesn’t make any sense…
Xantara, we’ve got more problems. Mune isn’t just taking a nap. She’s unconscious. She’s alive and well, but I can’t get through to her to wake her up. Mune’s been compromised. And the Commander…
Shit.

Meanwhile, Ivy outwardly kept herself calm. The only inclination to her panic was a small twitch of the ears, barely noticeable. She burst out laughing. “Oh, that’s a good one. How long did it take you to think up that?” she smiled. “I can’t believe how desperate you are, that you would come up with a story like that. It’s a very good story, though, full marks for effort. But I’m afraid you’re barking up the wrong tree. A Demi-God? Jace you’ve known me for years, you know who I am, so stop making up stories. And why are you calling me ‘Xantara’?” She shook her head, shrugging, “What you’ve said makes no sense to me.”

Wait wait hold on a second the Demi God was saying to Tallis, at the same time this was going on. The young woman was trying to recall a memory of something. It was the mention of Mune that had done it. That overheard conversation…

~"But while we're at it, did I ever tell you that I actually learned a great deal about Demi-Gods…The thing about Gatos, they keep excellent notes.~
~ Xantara…are you getting all this? H-how much do you think he knows about us?~

I wonder…

Ivy thought about it for a moment.
Oh, I think I know what’s going on. Just a hunch, but it’s the only thing that adds up. If the Commander somehow found out the name…
He could’ve told Jace, you think?
Bingo. Haha, that was clever, he almost had me going for a moment there. But clearly he didn’t take that into account. He probably doesn’t know what I overheard...I’d almost forgotten. And now, it all makes sense. Good thing I kept playing. But he almost slipped me up there…I hope he didn’t notice my reaction to the name.
Who cares, when we’re just messing around with them anyway?
I know, but that would take all the fun out it.
And what are we going to do about the Commander hiding a few floors up behind you?
Oh yeah…guess we might have to do something about that, I suppose. That’s a shame. I wanted to continue this game a little longer…

Ivy casually scooped up the dove, popping the bird into her bag. Don’t eat him, Tallis She told the cat sternly. She then turned her attention back to Jace.

“Anyway, as lovely as it is to stop and chat, I really have better things to do with my time than listen to made-up stories and lies. Nice to meet you again Jace, but if this is all you’ve got to say to me, I think I’ll be going.” She put a hand to her head to adjust Chris’ hat, beginning to walk away in the opposite direction that Chris and Ashley had gone. She knew that Jace (or the Commander) would probably try to stop her. She was prepared for that.
Time Lady

Postby Jasthn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:44 am

“Gah!” Jazz threw himself off the bike, pulling his sister with him after he heard the gunshot. Unfortunately, he had been shit in his right arm.

Jessica shrieked from the sudden shot, and tug off the bike. It took a few moments to digest what just happened, that a gunshot went off at them, injuring her brother. Are you ok?... Jessica leaned up against the bike, observing his right arm.

“Yeah, I’m fine. We should get a way from the bike though.” He pulled his arm away from his sister, preparing himself for a quick dash away from the bike. His arm was wobbling next to him doing nothing, but that wouldn’t stop him from a fight.

On your mark… She positioned herself as well.

“Get set…” Bullets were still being fired, mostly at the bike. The sounds of bullets pounding against the bike, and ricocheting off were the only thing he could hear.

Go! Jessica stood up, pulling out one of her machete like blades, pointing the hilt toward the members. She pulled a trigger on the hilt, as a boom was heard soon afterwards, blasting a part of the roof in front of the men. The duo dashed out from cover, away from the bike towards a chimney like chute on the roof, able to hide at least five people.

“Come on Jess!” Jazz was already behind the brick wall, waving his arm.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Slipslash » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:31 pm

++Jace++

Jace called out after her, following behind.

'The thing about Gatos. . .is they keep excellent notes" Jace said, saying exactly what she had been thinking herself to ivy as he quietly aimed the pistol at her back. Jace did this

"It's nice of you to second-guess me and the Empire. As long as I live I won't stand for an abomination such as you. You're no more apart of this planet then the Empire itself. Nature has always been the greater neutral in this world, in this universe. Whole world's are swallowed up, destroyed, crushed. And all for what? Nothing, nature sees nor cares for such spectacles. So to see you, to hear of the Demi-god's, that relieves me. It relieves, not that this planet is fighting for itself. But because some force that is equal is strength and power to the Hiearchy, is playing our game by our rules. We're all equal's Ivy. Nothing changes, everything's the same. Even if the Indolnetia succeed you as well as I know that thinking beings are the death's of all planets, no matter who they are. We're all inherently greedy creatures. And so you may succeed with getting the Empire off this planet. . .but rest assured, the Empire will never get out of its. . . people. . ."
Jace said to her, with finality.

The gun fired in unison with a flash and crack of lightening, Jace's smiling face shown for a moment. "Never turn your back towards your enemy. Even when you expect them to move" Jace thought.

Of course, up until that point Jace had not fired a single bullet out of his gun. It wasn't filled with the normal lethal ammunition Ivy knew so well. It was filled with tranquilizer. Jace had fired at her from behind, with a silent gun, with a tranquilized shot, ensuring the bullet would be literally impossible to hear for the girl. But, as with all tranquilizers, it would not be an instantaneous sleep. It would take the chemical at least a few minutes for Ivy to succumb, added to this was the fact that her body wouldn't really respond under direct effects of the medicine. And normally, when one used a bullet, the sound of the round going off inside of the gun was loud enough to alert anyone directly near the gun.

but thanks to the round being but a simple tranquilizer, less force was need to propel the round where it needed to go. And if there was less power, the round would be quieter. Not to mention the fact that Jace was shooting a silenced pistol in a storm at her. Unless she had freak hearing (in which case Jace would wonder why the storm did not effect her) she wouldn't be able to dodge something she had no knowledge of.

Jace hadn't planned for to do this so quickly, but rather then go on yet another long chase, or another bout of arguing, he would end it rather quick here.

--MIR--

MIR stared down at his handiwork. He seemed to have resolved the problem with the Cpt. and the sniper. Speaking of the Cpt.

The robot grumbled as he swung his rail-gun in another direction. This time towards the two who had been with Cpt. Sylvanas. They had landed on a warehouse and were now taking fire from what appeared to be gangsters.

"Really? Now of all times they decide to go sniffing around?" The robot whined as he loaded up another HE round. There was another brief crack and spark as the rail-gun shot out a round of High Explosives. MIR was sure to aim carefully into a window of the warehouse the two had landed on, so that either wouldn't be hurt in the explosion and MIR would succeed in killing or disorientating anyone inside. Of course if MIR continued to shoot, the entire structure would come down eventually.

"You two being idiots on purpose? Get out of the area of those gangsters, we've got no beef with them. We don't need any unnecessary casualties. And I mean it, cease hostilities immediately and find a different roof to secure. I can finish them all off from here, as you can no doubt tell. " MIR said to them from the bike they had used as the round from his rail-gun came screaming into the warehouse below them. They would no doubt feel the vibrations as it did.

Postby top gear tony » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:58 pm

Dan Slate, Gia Panta

Dan was now feeling the full effects of being blown through a wall, the numbness had worn off and the adrenaline did little more than keep him moving just above limping pace. The sound of the explosion caused but MIR didn't go unnoticed by Dan but he wasin't in much of a mood to see what that was all about. "I guess That overpriced picec of crap is getting to trigger happy." Dan muttered to him self. Dan stopped for a short second to rest and rethink his plan of action was cut short when he cought sight of Sylvanas, He turned to leave but then Dan cought wiff of a familiar scent, he smiled and he knew what he was gonna do. Dan had a plan.

Dan turned around pulled out his pistol and pointed it in the pointed it in the direction he had just come from. "So are you gonna make the first move or shall I?" Dan had no intention of fighting but he needed to make it so in oder to get his plan into action.

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Ivy almost stopped dead when she heard Jace use exactly the same phrase. She closed her eyes momentarily, mouthing a curse under her breath as she heard Jace behind her. She was about to reach a hand inside Chris’ hat when she felt something hit her from behind. The elf staggered, leaning against the wall beside her, teeth gritted.
Damn she thought. She could feel the tranquilizer making its way through her bloodstream. She had left, knowing that she would have been stopped, but she still hadn’t expected that.

“You know…you’re better at this than I gave you credit for,” Ivy smiled back weakly in the direction of Jace. “As for nature…you’re preaching to the choir…or rather, the Demi-Goddess,” She laughed. “I don’t need a lecture on something I understand better than you do, Jace.” She wasn’t going to pretend any more. That game was over. Slowly, she slid down the wall, resting her back and head against it.

She took her sunglasses off, making direct eye contact with Jace for the first time. Despite her increasing drowsiness, her bright green eyes shone with a life unlike any other. Apart from the obvious brightness and glow of green, her eyes made her seem very old and very young, both at the same time. She stared at Jace, her Demi-God eyes almost looking straight through him. “It’s funny…If I tried hard enough I could still kill you, if I wanted…but I won’t.” she said, looking straight at him, “I guess…part of me still holds onto the hope that the old Jace I knew is still in there, somewhere.” She laughed quietly at herself. She blinked as she began to feel her vision slipping away from her.
Tallis was unaffected, but she could sense what was happening to Ivy. All of Ivy’s animals could.

Ivy blinked again several times, disorientated. Even for someone like her, it wouldn’t be long now before she fell under. She took Chris’ hat off her head, holding it to her and looking at it sadly. It had been a nice thought from Chris, regarding what was in the hat and what the note had said…but it wasn’t going to work, not now. The girl’s head lolled against the wall, as she tried to remain awake. But she could feel her strength sapping from her with every passing second.

“But thanks for humouring me, at least…at least you weren’t that boring,” she smiled faintly through half-closed eyes. But there was a trace of worry there too. She knew that sleep as inevitable, and yet she still tried to fight it. But she could barely think straight by this point. Give it another minute, and Ivy knew she’d be unconscious, whether she fought to stay awake or not.
Time Lady

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Commander Vaco.

Somewhere in Gia Panta.

The Lord-Commander leaped from his perch and landed in between Jace and the extremely sleepy Demi-Goddess. The pavement under him cracked and left a good dent when he and the half ton power armor landed. He glanced up and noticed that the storm was receding into a gentle sprinkle, and that sunlight was starting to pierce through the clouds.

A ray of light burst through the clouds as he turned to face the fallen Demi-God. The light impacted the flawless, snow white battle armor and made him appear to be a angel that descended from the Heavens.

"My Lady Swift," said Vaco, giving the barely conscious Demi-God a small nod in greetings as he stepped towards her. "We've caused quite a mess today... Luckily no one was hurt in our little fun." He knelt down besides her and gently took a hold of her wrist and felt for a pulse. His right hand appeared to do the same, but it cupped around the back of her neck. Several small, short needles emerged from the glove and rested against her skin. Built into that gauntlet was a small pad for vital signs, allowing him to read a basic level just by making contact. He gave a small sigh of relief as the readings came back good. He pulled the hat away from her and let it fall away.

"Come with me, my Lady," he said softly to her as he gingerly and very reverently scooped her up into his arms. The golden, heart-shaped locket, and two rings that were on a similar colored necklace that were wrapped around his right gauntlet, laid on her arm. A memory hit him, causing him to slightly hesitate and twitch. He had held a special someone like this many times, a long time ago; what seemed like another life ago. Four years, and my heart still burns, still tears itself apart, he thought. Her head rested on his arm, and she was light as air to him in the suit.

He turned around now to face Jace, Demi-God now in his arms.
"Good work, Jace. You performed very well,"
he said, authoritative tone now back in place. "We're done here, except for a few lose ends... I have a agent North of here, engaging a sniper mercenary who was taking some shots at a few troops earlier today. So far, he's killed a handful. I believe you friend, MIR, has been... acting on the site a little bit. Go see if you can't retrieve her and her assistants. The Captain has a date later on that I'd rather her not miss. Gunships are coming at the LZ in a half an hour. You have until then to retrieve her."

All around, the 501st were getting the signal to stand down, and the mission was a success. But there wasn't any cheering, there is no honor in playing policeman. At most, there was relief that such an annoying chore was out of the way.

Captain Sylvanas.

Somewhere in Gia Panta.

Sylvanas caught sight of Dan and hurried as fast as she could to him. She skidded to a stop, both SMGs up and strait at Dan. "I believe the phrase goes "Ladies first", she said mockingly to him as she pulled the triggers. A hail of bullets rushed towards Dan.

Sons of Kings: 5th Branch. Highlander Chapter. Broken Tip Clan.

They never really had a chance to react to the fight upstairs. The round burst through the ceiling and hit the hover truck, blowing it up and killing everyone inside. The warehouse's structure was also severely damaged.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Slipslash » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:39 am

++Jace++

Jace had just been about to calmly, and professionally reassure Ivy when he was inturrupted by the landing of Commander Vaco. There was an awkward silence as Vaco picked Ivy up, in that breif second before he spoke to Jace, Jace felt something was strange about the way Vaco had acted just then. A nearly unnoticeable flaw in the commander. Although Jace noticed this, he was more confused then shocked.

"Does everyone in command have mental baggage of some sort?" He thought to his bewildered himself. Still, it was nothing that would change his or the Empires plans. Jace straightened at as the Commander did.

"MIR has sent out an APB for the majority of the Grim units in the area. We've got our target so the main-stay of the troops are retreating or filing in." As he spoke soldier inspection crews came filing out of the alleyway's. The alley-sector would remain closed for the majority of the day as the crews cleaned up and examined anything that could have possibly been missed. A group wearing hazmat suits began spraying down one of the walls.

One of the soldiers walked up to Vaco gave a salute and reported.
"Uhh sir, the objective has been completed and we've received orders for the majority of our soldiers to return to their posts. A small group of our forces will aid you in capturing the sniper if need be, but the majority are heading out. Thought you might like to know, sir" The NCO stated before walking of, a group of soldiers in toe followed by one of the hazmat units. The alien looking soldier gave a side-ways glance at Ivy as he walked by. The rest stayed, scanning the ground, air, or spraying the floor with a cleaning solution. Jace meanwhile, looked up at Vaco, waiting for his response to MIR, which would also effect Jace.

---MIR---

"ALL UNITS: Target has been captured, mission accomplished. All units advised to follow procedure and retreat back to posts. All blockades will be dissolved and all checkpoints should be broken . I repeat, return to your posts. SEC-CODE: E-84B, SEC-CODE: E-84B." MIR radioed through to the Grim units, not the 501'st (considering he did did not have any sort of command over them). MIR also sent a private inquest to the squad's sergeant nearest where Dan and Sylvanas were. The soldiers, while a but ticked, followed through with the order and hurried off in the direction of the Cpt.

"Commander Vaco, the Grim units are pulling back. I'd suggest we do the same as well. We've got what we came here for. All other incidents are merely coincidental. We don't need to waste our man-power over a random sniper. Especially after a big operation such as this. Of course it is up to your decision"
MIR advised Vaco.

~~Zackariah~~

"This blasted thing. . ." Zackariah said as typed on the data before him. It seemed the sword was inert. It did not respond to any tests or signals Zack beamed into it. Almost as if the power in it had vanished the second they had received it. What made this even stranger, was the fact that Zack could still feel the great power of the blade by just holding it. Various scientist sat behind him, each at a different screen. The sword was connected to as strange looking device.

It proved to be as responsive as a rock however. Preliminary tests showed it was made of much the same elements found most commonly in the Forrest of Memories, and that the sword was feeding off of a condensed pure void. It was "powerful" but Zack could not get it to work no matter what he did. Currently it was connected to a large current emitter. Zack was seeing if it responded to electricity. He was receiving no results (of course)

"Maybe it only recognizes its owner. . ." Frost thought as he *frowned* at the monitor.
"Damn you Faus. Damn you and your insipid quest to bring your daughter back from the dead" Zack said, cursing his luck.

A message appeared on Zack's private message channel. Only Zack's most private and secret project leader had access to this channel, it told Zack that someone had something good (or bad) to tell him. Zack assumed it was good, he was having a good day so far (apart from the sword)
"Sir, we've completed synchronization of the Mortuss Project with the Target. We we we're getting some strong readings thanks to that earlier battle operation. The target's is directly in synch with all units. All we're waiting for now is a large enough spike in the data for him to activate the units, otherwise activation could take weeks."

"Do not worry. I can already tell the boy will "activate" them soon. I just need to set a few pieces down in motion. You will get your psyche spike. . ." Zack answered the lead scientist.
"Thankyou sir. We'll continue to monitor the subject and keep you informed of any details"
"All's well that end's well." Zack said before he clicked the sever connection button. He turned back to the sword. "Perhaps I am looking at this wrong. . .well Jace is coming back, I suppose I could get him to try. . .if my theory is correct that is" Zack thought to himself as he input different data for the current undercharger. Another message came in, this one static, and from MIR.

"Lady Ivy Xantara Swift have been captured by Jace and the 501'st. I'm sure you will want to see her eventually, but be advised, Commander Vaco seems to be exhibiting some odd form of emotions towards her. Nothing too strong, but they are evident non-the-less. Be advised. . ." The message stopped there.

If Zack could still laugh he would of. Well he was grinning (permanently) so maybe he was good there. "Tsk, tsk, tsk Vaco. Getting your emotions and past mixed up in your work is never a good idea. . .you do that and look! You might end up like Faus. Ha! Ha, HA HA HA!" Zack mock laughed, an old memory of something similar being brought up. He vaguely remembered that warm feeling of superiority. He was a scientist afterall. . .

Postby top gear tony » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Dan Slate, Gia Panta.

Dan dove into the nearest piece of cover, which was a small half demolished wall. The bullets from Sylvanas SMGs where only a few inches shy of his face and other important body parts. "Good I got her in the open." Dan then readied his gun. "So tell me captain...." Dan said both seriously and sarcastically from behind the cover. "you obviously have the advantage, with me only having a small bland hand gun, and you with the overcompensation dule SMGs. But before one of us ends up dead I would like to know if you can notice that smell? It one of my favorite smell and I think you should know what it is and so i'm going to tell you." Dan put his thumb on the hammer of his gun. It's the smell of wet dog." Dan then cocked the hammer of his gun and Rusty burst out from a stack of cardboard boxes near Sylvanas and lunged at her. " Rust! Disarm only we don't have time to fight."

Rusty a few minutes prior to what just happend..... oh and Gia Panta

Rusty had aready reached the location where the fight between Dan and Sylvanas had happend and more notably the giant shell hit. By now Rusty had Dans sent and was rappidly approaching him. Rusty took another route through and reached a small gap where he could see his owner drow his pistol and and shoute for Sylvanas the bring it. Dan looked injured and in no condition to fight, but Rusty also knew Dan wouldn't be doing this unless he had a way out, he was his dog of coruse and what kind of faithful companion whould he be if he didn't know his owner inside and out?

Rusty got to a 'convenient' stack of cardboard boxes which made a perfect ambush spot where he could both see Dan and now his opponent. Rusty waited for some kind of signal. His ears shot up when he heard Dans voice and him mention his favorite smell, Rusty remembered that Dan had used this to ambush a mark with a simiar situation and conditions a few months back, and so he got into an attack stance and waited for the key word and the trigger sound.

'A few seconds prior to what just happend'

The second Rustys ears caught the sound of Dan saying "Wet dog." and the cock of the gun hammer he charged through the boxes them being nothing but a light obsticle that did little to hinder him and then lunged at Sylvanas taking note to only disarm her.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:53 pm

Commander Vaco.

Somewhere in Gia Panta.

I swear by the higher powers of this planet, the next god damn person to tell me to "pull back", I'm going to kill them,
thought the Lord-Commander. Of course he couldn't do that right now. He would have to drop the Demi-God, or Swing her unceremoniously over his shoulder. That and the amount of paper work he'd have to go through to explain that kind of friendly-fire case.

"I know," he said coldly not only to the three individuals who informed him, but also Command who just opened a line with him. He looked up just in time to see two gunships soar over head to pick his troops up. A black drop-ship flew the opposite way, ciricled once, and landed at the end of the alley where it opened up into a lot. "Meet you back at base or you can hitch a ride... and MIR. I'd look at who my agent is chasing again."

Vaco walked to his ship, and was met by his Black Hand. The nodded greetings to him and he returned it. "Did you recover the nuke?" he asked them in a casual tone.

"Yes sir," spoke up Black Four. "It was a good thing we didn't need to detonate it underneath the South-side Town Mall. Hell of a trump card too."

Vaco didn't give a reaction. He waked past them and into the ship. They had already planed a number of events and recovered his hover bike. He gently laid down the Demi-Goddess on a make shift hospital bed on the left side, and a medic began work on inserting an IV and the necessary drugs to keep her sedated. He stood there for a moment, staring down at her at then at the locket around his hand.

"Sir?" asked Black Four.

That was enough to jerk the Commander out of his thoughts. He turned and walked away from the bed and let the medics do their work.

"All Teams back?"
he asked.

"Yes sir," replied Black Four. "with the exception of Sylvanas, all 501st troops have reported in and are in, or almost to the gunships."

"Good,"
he stated. "Anything else?"

"Yes sir. Some reports from Echo Base, and Command."

"To the helmet," he said with a sigh. Vaco walked over to the bike and opened the compartment. the kitten was still asleep. "Command, leave out what can wait. Give me the sitrep." He turned to the window, listened and begun directing operations that were on the other side of the planet.

The drop-ship door began to close and the engines started to hum louder. It would return back to High Command.

Captain Sylvanas.

Somewhere in Gia Panta, getting mugged by a dog.

The Captain didn't say anything as she laid down fire. Her clips were empty and she had just flicked them over slightly and hit the eject button when the dog burst out of nowhere and slammed into her legs. This caused the Captain to fall and slam into the ground. Both of her SMGs and the next clips fell out of her hand and hit the ground. The amount of damage that they had sustained from the grenade was a lot, and she was surprised that they held. But they must have fallen just right to break like they did.

She pulled out her pistol and brought it up. But there was nothing. She was breathing heavily, and the back of her head hurt. She got up once again and into firing position, but she heard nothing.

"Jazz, Jessica," she said into her COM. She paused for a minute to catch her breath. "Come pick me up."

She turned on her tracker so that the pair could reach her.

Postby Slipslash » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 pm

--MIR--

"Ahh right, my apologizes commander. The target. . .First name: Dan, last name: Slate. We have him down as a vigilante, a small time mercenary who seems to not really be much of a mercenary at all. All of his jobs have something to do with harming the Empire in some-way but every instance is still relatively small. He was no property to speak of, uses cash to get everything. Lives in the less-secure areas of the city, even if he as a home. He's wanted by the agencies employed in the city. By all accounts, the man appears to be a small-time crook who bit off more then he could chew. Not connected to the Indolentia really. By all accounts: as small a fry as one could possibly be." Mir said, finishing up his analysis of Dan.

"Now if you gentlemen will excuse me. . .I'll be following behind the troops down the road, to base. . ." MIR curtly said as he severed the private connection and returned to the public com. At the same time, MIR's body become visible in the setting, yet somewhat cloudy, sun. The large robot hovered off the building he had been siting the entire time, onto a main-road beneath it. the armored cars and troops near him had stopped to allow the giant robot passage. He landed with a loud thump. And then drove off down the road like that.

++Jace++

Jace simply listened in to what the commander had to say. He then shrugged, it seemed everything was in order here then. "We'll both be at the base." Jace said to Vaco. "I'll be reporting to Lord Frostheim though, he'll want to hear of my performance first-hand, that and get the battle information from the computer in my head"Jace said, tapping this side of his head for emphasis.

He turned to move away and to the air-ship parked nearby, but something stopped him. He'd remembered something.

"Lord Frostheim will also be extremely interested in Ivy, sir. Now I can guarantee she'll be fine in his care over someone like Faus, but he'll want to see and examine her all the same. Just thought I'd let you know. . ." Jace said over his shoulder, before he jumped onto the air-ship. Siting down, Jace remembered that he'd forgotten to get his helmet back.

"I'm sure they'll return it. . ." he thought as the ship lifted off.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:25 pm

Commander Vaco.

Enroute to High Command.

Vaco wasn't listening to the reports coming into his helmet. He remembered about Lord Frostheim... He was a Undead Lord that he felt he could trust. Definitely more in this case than Faus. But he wasn't sure how or what the Lord would do in this case, and Vaco needed the Demi-God. He balled his hands into fists, and back again. He repeated this cycle for a while, debating the subject back and forth. He knew what would happen if he gave her to any Undead Lord. She was a threat, an enemy leader. The Tarot Council hadn't been kind to any rebellion, why would Frostheim be any different?

The Commander crossed the troop bay to the bike, and opened the compartment. "Wake up," he command to the sleeping kitten."Wake up now dammit," he said more sternly as he poked the kitten. It furrowed its face in annoyance, but soon it yawned and looked are sleepy. Mune jerked up, wide and awake when it realized when it was. The little kitten was about to meow, but Vaco cut it off as his armor gaunlet wrapped tightly around the little kitten. He brought it up to his helmet and stared at it. It had fear written allover its face, along with unspoken cries for mercy, and hopelessness. "Relax," he commanded again. "If I wanted you dead, you would be. Same with your Demi-God." He turned is hand around so the kitten could see the Demi-God. He felt it quake in his hand, but didn't know or care if it was horror, anger or a mix.

"Listen to me well," he told Mune, turning it back to face him. "I know enough about Demi-Gods to understand your relationship with her. So you will pass her a message for me when she wakes up later tonight. I am not going to hurt or kill either of you. I know about the Demi-Gods, and thanks to your Demi-God for royally fucking everything up, half of the Empire will know now too. I want to talk with her about the planet, about everything, and you will deliver this message or..." his arm blades slide out with a metallic click, and he placed the razor sharp blade against the kittens neck. "You and everything on this planet will die." He retracted the blades and opened his hand. "But for now, enemies we may or may not be, we will reside this night as friends. Do you agree?"

The kitten looked up at him cautiously, before meowing and nodding its head in agreement. He gently pet it again. "You may hate me for the threat, and I apologize for it. But I needed to make my point... that and I have yet to use them all day. Our relationship may have been dammed because of it, but... it doesn't matter."

The drop-ship landed in his hanger of High Command.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:10 am

Chris looked down at the street, his legs hanging over the edge as the rain started to really soak into him, making his fringe and his clothes droop down as he walked back to the hat. Ashley stood a bit behind him, but unlike Chris, he still seemed to be quite dry as the rain appeared to just... drip off him as soon as it landed. Well... they watched as the alley was swarmed with soldiers and the crew. she was a demi-god then. he said calmly as Chris gazed coldly down at them through the rain. Seems like it. he replied, his voice strained slightly as he stared at the alley. And there was Vaco here as well, this is big. After a few seconds of silence, Ashley added. Do you think we should get out of this? No...it's too late for that now. Oh come on, I know you're hung up with that girl but- It's not that...We got ETOed. ...oh.

Ashley looked back down at the crowd again as they picked up Chris's hat and Jace's helmet and placed it on a trolley. That's....bad. Ashley took a couple of cautious steps and patted Chris on the shoulder. After a while Chris sighed and stood up and said. It's not that big of a deal really. How so? You've lost all your money and possessions. No, I've lost everything legally connected to me, so I've lost most of my property and all my money in the legal banks that is under my name. ...I wonder what's going to happen to all the Universities and stuff you have. Why? Well, they all say "Chris's building of whatever profession" on them. I'm sure they won't be shut down, just taken over or something.

Chris flickered and disappeared in the air and jumped down onto the fire exit below and then on to the street below inbetween the guards around the trolley. He picked up the hat and jammed it on his head tightly and noticed Jace's helmet. He stood there for a few seconds and then took his cloak off. He put his hands under it and then picked up the helmet and wrapped it up with the cloak. He held it up at arms length and crawled through the guards, trying to keep out of their main line of sight, just in case. He reached the fire escape and climbed up it, bounding up the steps and pulling himself up the ladders quickly until he reached the roof. He grabbed a surprised Ashley around the waist and shoved the helmet into his hands. We're leaving now. He said as he dragged Ashley after him. Why now? what is this? Ashley asked loudly as he stumbled to keep up.

Where are we GOING NOW. he yelled as he was pulled into a leap onto the next building. One of my safehouses. I thought we lost nearly everything? Everything connected to Christopher Quinn. I was planning in case of something like this, but I always thought it would just be me having to hide from the cops or something. i didn't think they'ld actually take everything they could from me, this is actually easier now. How come? 1. I'm not actually being chased yet because it was an ETO, all that means is that they have my criminal record, we won't have to worry about actually being hunted down for a while yet, and 2. I won't have to worry about all those boring meetings and papers and garbage any more, they've basically forced me into an early retirement. Isn't that great? ...there's such a thing as being too optimistic.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:09 am

NIGHT TRANSITION IS IN EFFECT.

Changes:

Weather has calmed down, it is no longer raining, but still partially cloudy. Its not extremely late, but just beginning to get into the evening where the sun is just barely holding on to the horizon.

Your locations are allowed to reset anywhere you wish, within reason to whatever happened to you in the last segment. If you failed to wrap up your storyline, adjustments can be made so things happened anyway while you were off doing whatever it is you do when your not sitting here. One such adjustment can be a thinking flash back to the past. For those having story issues with this, you can resort to raising hell, going to the party of the infamous Sons of Kings leader, Healen Mishibi, or doing some kick ass stuff that only you know about.

Anyway, onto the main point. I don't know if another transition will happen, I think we may gradually lead into a spectacular "AND THUS THEY WOKE UP" and resume on with the bloody game. In all honesty, this area is completely new for me, because none of the RPs I've been in managed to last past a day despite the fact that people gone blow half to hell about six times.

Kinda odd... I also apologize for my writing style this evening, it is a bit out of whack from listening to this guy's videos today: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profile ... ee+Croshaw

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Commander Vaco.

Gia Panta. High Command. His office.

Vaco had brought the Demi-God to his office, and took her to his private chambers. That area was decorated in dark wood. There, he gently laid her on his bed, and removed her bag and set it on a hook on the wall. He didn't invade her personal property, that wasn't his job nor interest. He dimmed down the lights, and left the room.

(Six hours later)

Vaco set his pen down with a sigh, and ran an armored glove through his graying hair. It had been over six hours since he'd gotten back with the Demi-God known as Ivy, and he still had his armor on, except for the helmet which was resting on the pedestal on the corner of his desk. Much of his time had been spent filling out paper work, and reading various reports. It was literally one stack of papers after another. Some of it was for his division, but most of it was just on the operation of Imperial forces on Exalia. It seemed to him that while Lord Frostheim and Faus were doing whatever they wanted to do, Vaco was left with the day-to-day management ever since he came back to this planet a few months ago. Part of him couldn't wait for his transfer to get accepted so he and his troops could better help the Empire elsewhere, but another part wanted to stay and help this planet.

He looked across his massive office and found the kitten. It was sitting on a table staring at some pictures. Vaco had found out, through experience and from the ancient texts in his position, that some creatures under the Demi-Gods command would gain a massive increase in intelligence. this kitten was one of those examples. After a while, he found out that it knew exactly what he said, and was beginning to understand its meowing and behavior. During one of his breaks, he and Mune played chess. The little fuzz ball took a little while to understand the rules, but played well. There were several instances where he and it would have conversations, and he explained many things to it.

The Lord-Commander sat up and poured himself a glass of dark colored whiskey on the rocks. He glanced at the door to his private chambers and looked at th watch. "Anytime," he thought to himself as he turned to look out the massive window behind his desk. He heard the kitten meow, much closer than where it was last time he saw it. Turning around, the Commander found it sitting on his desk, looking at one of the many pictures on his desk. Vaco leaned over and picked it up to see which one it was. In the picture was of him in armor, and a woman dressed in a similar fashion. He put the picture face down and walked back to his window.

The kitten meowed questionably, but he didn't answer.

Postby Slipslash » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:23 pm

~~Lord Frostheim~~

There was a loud knock on the quarters to Vaco's room. It was Zack, two guards in tow behind him, two other guards, the one's in charge of guarding Vaco, stood a few feet away looking disjointed. Zack had arrived with the two guard and argue with them for a bit. they were soon defeated as Zack was an undead, they could do nothing to deter the undead. He was already adamant enough about seeing "That emotional fool." in his office. "I am Zackariah Frostheim, Undead Lord in charge of all scientific research on this planet. Who in god's name gives that fool the right to decide to keep the Demi-goddess to himself!" Zackariash had screamed at the guard. The green looking flames grew brighter as Zack become more "emotional" (really he was doing it for emphasis and was not feeling emotion, he never did) from behind the clear dome on his head.

Zack had been interested in Ivy as soon as he heard word that she had been captured. He had been expecting her to arrive the high-value-prisoner bay as most HVT were transported. But she had never arrived. Upon closer inspection of the info-net, Zack had discovered Vaco had arranged for her to be put in his care, where she was put Zack had no direct knowledge of, but he assumed it was somewhere close. Zack was extremely disappointed in Vaco's handling of the Demi-god. Evidence of that could be seen in the body-language of the tall undead. He impatiently tapped his foot as he waited for Vaco's response.

-+-+ Jace & MIR+-+-

Jace had arrived and gone straight to the showers for a change in uniform and because he had been standing out in the rain for hours it seemed. When he got his uniform he received a new helmet, it seemed they never recovered his old one. He had later arrived at Zackariah's office, only to find the undead absent. A small note attached to the door read: Jace - MIR warned me before-hand, Vaco has indeed been exhibiting strange practices, what has the empire come to when fools such as these let their emotions and pasts cloud their future work. In any case, upload the battle-data as usual via the machine in the lab. You'll notice the sword your late-sister used, I hope to see if you can use it later - Lord Frostheim

Jace then entered the office and walked up to a console. He grabbed a upload wire and picked at a spot in the back of his head. Lifting up the hair exposed a small connection port. He plugged himself in, the screen of the machine showing the progress of the transfer. Jace meanwhile, examined the sword, still connected to the charger a few feet away.

"That's it eh?"
He thought.
"Jace, what ever happened to that bag your sister had?" Came the voice of MIR, interrupting Jace's thoughts. It took a moment to register what the robot had said, but when he did Jace remembered the bag. Putting a hand to his waits Jace remembered he had never put it up.
"I'v still got it with me it seems. . ."Jace said as he put the bag out before him. He stared at it for a seconds before opening it. Various potions and bottles were inside and other things.

Jace took the flute out of the bag. He ran his finger down the holes. After a moment he put it to his lips and blew. A small quaint note came out of the instrument. Smiling to himself Jace put the flute back. He also took out the dagger. As he touched it a faint memory came floating back to Jace. One of him giving the dagger to her. Gripping the knife in his hand Jace looked out of a nearby window. He then put the knife down

"Somehow. . .I have the feeling that something's happened to her. . .I wish there was something I could do. . ."

"More then likely she is not doing well. Faus is not a very nice person. . ." Came MIR's astute observation.
"By the way. What chemicals are those? The explosives I mean. Some variant of nitroglycerin. Interesting. . ." Came MIR's voice again, as he scanned the bottles through Jace's eyes. Jace did not say anything for a few minutes, he only stared at the sword that had once belonged to his sister. He walked up to it. Reaching out Jace hesitated a moment, he then grabbed the sword, holding it as one would a real sword. . .

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing