Infinite Serenade: The OoC (Dead Version!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Infinite Serenade: The OoC- Last call for players!

Postby Livix » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Probably, I mean the actually manga and anime has several teams so maybe, of course there are also those in the Manga and anime that are so powerful they go off on their own
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:49 pm

This is true, and then i guess, I'm curious how the groups will form.
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Livix » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:57 pm

maybe it'll be like the actual stuff and have people with similar powers, complimenting powers or those of close ages put together

Postby sam4books » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:58 pm

God, I hope so.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Livix » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:00 pm

that means my guys gonna be stuck with people older then him no matter what anyway

Postby Zelosse » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:01 pm

I pity whoever has to be Malzahar's partner, as a former murderer he's not exactly the easiest guy to get along with.

Postby Livix » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:04 pm

well it's not like your gonna kill your partner (you'd get kicked from the guild, I think), although not helping him or her could put a damper on things

Postby sam4books » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Bah, you should really feel sorry for whoever's Kaylee's partner. She WILL annoy the heck out of you.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Livix » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:09 pm

lets weigh them

Scale out of 10
annoying - 'bout a 5 on the "should worry about their partner scale"

could possibly kill you or could accidentally kill you and not care or could leave you mortally wounded and leave you to die - pretty sure that tops it

Postby sam4books » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Well played sir.
In passing

Postby Livix » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:12 pm

why thank you

Re: Infinite Serenade: The OoC

Postby Acktoo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Your characters will be separated into teams eventually, but the size and the compatibility of said teams may differ. Also, don't expect to be on the same team for the entirety of the RP.

All-Round-Otaku wrote:What What would the level of technology be in this RP? About enough for prosthetic limbs?

Eh, prosthetics don't really have a place in this RP. The closest you could get is having a magically augmented limb. Or a peg leg.

As for the technology, I'd say it's a bit less advanced than steampunk.

And seeing that not everyone has done this, I will repeat:

Acktoo wrote:Edit: 'Preferred Ability' is now just 'Ability' and there's a new section on the CS: Available Funds. Edit your character sheets accordingly.

Also, Iris, if you're still having issues, just look at what the others put for 'Available Funds'.
Too good for you.

Postby Bolts » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:26 pm

I might actually need to change the nature of Harvey's "Surge" ability. I'm not convinced it was a form of electrical magic from the manga and the more I read that chapter the more it seems like a form of sound magic.

Postby Livix » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:32 pm

As for gil, I'm a little confused as to what could be considered a lot and what could be considered little, cause Basil's family would be in the upper middle

Postby Acktoo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:06 am

Eh, probably somewhere between 250,000c and 500,000c. But that would be for the family.
Too good for you.

Postby Iris » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:17 am

Hopefully that's an acceptable amount Acktoo, I wasn't sure what would fit since Roy's parent's are card manufacturers.

Postby sam4books » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:57 am

Alrighty then, I gave Kaylee a small amount to start with (or at least what I think would be a small amount).
In passing

Postby GreenRingFarmer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:55 am

What Sam4books said

Postby Redsnow » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:03 am

I gave my character what I thought would be appropriate based off of Lucy's rent in FT.

Postby All-Round-Otaku » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:27 am

Basic Information
-Name: Jean Laha
-Appearance:
Body: Jean has light tanned skin, his arms, legs, and back baring scars. His natural white hair is straight and medium length, falling just past his shoulders. He has a medium build, most of the muscles in his body able to be identified. On his right arm, he has a particular long scar from a burn running from his shoulder to his elbow. His light blue eyes are normally shut in a squint. (The intended location of his tattoo will be on the back of his neck.)

Attire: The first noticeable thing about him are wrappings around his arm where his scar is, completely covering it. He wears a black T-shirt with the right sleeve torn off. On the front of the shirt is a picture of a kitten. Over his shirt is a dark blue sleeveless vest which is usually zipped up, covering the picture of the kitten. His pants, brown in color, are riddled with holes from much wear and tear. He walks around completely barefoot.

Personal Information
-Personality:
Likes: Animals, especially "cute" ones; anything worth money; carrots

Dislikes: Bees and the like; people stealing from him; peppers

General mindset: Laid back and calm; helpful, especially where a reward is involved; likes the thrill of battle; serious when need be

-Hobbies: Traveling and thievery
-Brief History:

Jean was born into a poor family. His father left him at a young age, and his mother was constantly ill. Desperate to help his mom, Jean turned to stealing at the age of 9. He was able to help his mother get better, but he had to keep his doings a secret. After all, he didn't want his mother to know he helped her live by stealing from others.

He continued to steal from others even after his mother had gotten better to support her and himself. However, he only took from the upper-class people, believing that they had the kind of money to spare. This eventually got him in trouble, for at the age of 12, he accidently stole from a member of his town's local guild, a rare group made up of a bunch of punks in it for the money. The guild tracked him to his home and gave the young boy a choice; either join their guild, or watch as his mother was killed before they killed him. To keep his mother safe from harm, he joined without a word and without hesitation.

In only 2 years after that day, Jean was the guilds top thief, able to steal from anyone without anyone noticing. Or, he would be the top thief, if he didn't refuse to steal from those who needed the money. Along with this, he would stop his guild members from attacking those who couldn't defend themselves. These actions constantly earned him punishment from his guildmaster. He was kept alive because the thugs wanted to use him for what profits they could get from him, and he couldn't leave because they constantly threatened that they'd kill his mother if he did.

At the age of 18, a piece of horrible news would finally grant him his chance at freedom. One day when he was on an assignment, he was recognized by one of his old friends. Jean tried to avoid a conversation, but something his friend said stopped him in his tracks; his mother had died two years ago, when he was 16. Jean's friend said that it was her sickness. It had returned, and without the medicine Jean had gotten her before, she didn't have a chance.

That night, Jean finally decided to leave the guild he was a part of. But for what they did to him, he wouldn't go quietly. As quietly as he could, he started a fire in the guild hall's storage area, close enough to a crate of explosives to give him a few minutes to get away. Before he made his escape, he remembered the tattoo on his right arm. Taking a nearby blade in hand, he warmed it red hot. Then, resisting the urge to cry out in pain, he took the hot blade and cut the tattoo from his body, permanently and gladly renouncing himself from the guild he was imprisoned in. With the guild's tattoo removed from his body, he made his escape and got far enough away before the impending explosion. Unfortunately, the blast didn't take down the guild, only shook them up...and made Jean number one on their hitlist.

Unable to stay in his hometown after what he did, Jean left on his own, only having the time to bandage where he removed his tattoo. Since the day he regained his freedom, he's taken to traveling from town to town. With the rest of the guild hunting him down, he was unable to stay in one place for too long. Now, at the age of 25, he has managed to eek out a small, but happy living stealing to earn his bread. But there is always the constant threat of the guild he left being hot on his heels. They'll keep hunting him down even after Jean hears word of another guild one day in the city of Reis.

-Ability: Skilled in the use of kusarigama (chain-sickle)

Other Information
-Available Funds: 1500 c
-Level Class:
-Experience Points:
-RP Sample: Wake-up Call

Just tell me if I need to change anything.
Last edited by All-Round-Otaku on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:11 am

And added my funds.
Demon of Elru

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:23 pm

I added my funds.

Any elemental mage would be a good teammate for Mauro. Especially a mage that uses an element not easily found.

Incidentally, 'Mauro' doesn't show up as an incorrectly spelled word. Any idea why?
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:32 pm

it does for me :/
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Obviously, Geo, it is the name of a bear near your vicinity. And your spell check must be afraid of bears. Which is just fine since they are godless, soulless killing machines.
Demon of Elru

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Ok Mr. Colbert.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing