Final Destination:Victorian Underworld(OOC) IMPORTANT NOTICE

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Final Destination: Victorian Underworld (OOC) Signups CLOSED

Postby counterfeitself » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:32 pm

I see Gerard wanting to find this lady just on principle, but getting paid to do it sounds great. Killing her may not be in Gerard's best interests, but whatever.

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Well the Silver Lady has a lot of money to flash around, so giving Gerard money is nothing to her.
And I left the killing part deliberately as a secondary objective, so Gerard doesn't have to follow through with that part.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby counterfeitself » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Yes I'm aware, I will have a post up on the weekend. Long week has been long. I was gone for 12.5 hours today. 11 hours of which were work.

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:47 am

Wow, ouch that is long.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby counterfeitself » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:59 am

Ya it was... tiring. I work for 11 hours on mondays and wednesdays and then work for 7 tuesdays, thursdays and fridays and volunteer another 4 on tuesdays and thursdays. So I have long ass weeks. But then come friday at 4 I'm FREEEEEEEEEEE

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:02 am

Avatar doesn't really creep me out.

Just focuses on my mild bit of spite towards Psycho Mantis. He was a bit annoying way back when I first fought him. I sure beat the hell out of him and his reincarnation now. But still... Like LuBu of DW2, I'll never forget those original fights...
Demon of Elru

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 am

Ro Wong wrote:Avatar doesn't really creep me out.
I wouldn't expect it to creep you out Ro ;D
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:50 pm

I'm afraid Enine would be the type to be extremely disappointed (I.E. angered) over the fact that he's being made to wait. It's not a giant disappointment, but it's subtle enough that Lizzie will be able to pick it up later.

Enine. . .you know. . .hates waiting for something to happen more then anything else in the world. He'd also pick up on the aura, and would have a feeling that she visited the "evil girl's" lair, no doubt he'd set her straight with that type of thing afterward and tell her right off to never visit her alone again.

OF COURSE: I have no problem with it. . .but ehhh. . .got keep in character
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Sorry. Meant to get a post up. but I've been busy.
I'm in Vegas you see.

New Vegas. And the wastes are wonderful this time of year. Nothing like traveling the broken road while fending off raiders and radscorps, that's for sure.
For the Greater Good

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:29 pm

@Slip: Don't worry, I wouldn't expect Enine to exactly have the patience of a saint :)
I'll see how things pan out with Trag's character, and depending on that and the other plot lines going on, I'll wait and see if Lizzie visits Enine today or tomorrow (in the IC).

@Neo: Hmm, I see. Do you think you could possibly stop traveling the broken road, and instead transport yourself back inside a certain clock shop for a little while? :3
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Name/Alias: Christopher Quincy. He doesn't like to be called a demon as it brings back bad memories.
Race: human/demonic/undead. Resurrected by a demon and given a portion of its powers and other gifts to be an avatar for the forces of darkness and hell.
Appearance: A long ragged black coat that reachs just above the ground with tendrils of darkness slipping out from it. He has plain, slightly torn, black trousers and wears an old black shirt that’s begun to lose its colour, turning it into a kind of dark grey, and with the top button undone. He also emits a faint darkness around him so it looks like he is constantly in the shade, even in direct sunlight. He is Six foot four and very thin, making him seem taller, has long, shoulder length black hair with a hint of red in it with the fringe normally covering over his left eye, deathly pale skin and eyes that change colour depending on his mood, they are normally completely black when calm, blood red when he's angry and dark blue when he's sad or having a breakdown etc, etc, but always with a pure bright amber ring around the pupil.
Aims: Survive and get by, especially from various religions and other people after him.
Alignment: Good, neutral. He tries to be good, but has a lot of urges to be bad.
Occupation: Normally any night job he can get his hands on, currently in Merchurdon, he is trying to find work as an apprentice or assistant to someone without a lot of interaction with people and low-key. He’s normally seen as a polite young gentleman who has had some form of misfortune fallen upon him, due to his manners, slightly old style of talking, apparent shyness and his normally unhealthy appearance, old clothes and the fact that he’s looking for any work.
Personality: Shy, secretive and slightly distant, he’ll be happy to hang around with people but feels that he should leave, so he’s actually quite grateful to anyone that tries to talk to him. He’s not normally much of a fighter but can click into a more serious mode, where he starts to enjoy the thrill of battle, to his slight shame later. He enjoys keeping himself occupied and busy as he doesn’t trust himself to let his mind wander and remember about the past.
He is relatively intelligent and his skill at tinkering with small objects has greatly improved over the years along with his knowledge of various subjects ranging from the arts through to the sciences. He still tries to keep up his skills with the piano if he gets a chance, but it has suffered over time.
He has a few problems with his mind though, such as self-loathing, loss and detachment from humanity as well as a few others, etc. Even though he now rarely sleeps, whenever he does he’ll have vivid nightmares and start screaming and convulsing until he awakens, this can even result in minor hallucinations when he’s under stress. As such, his mind is a little delicate.
Weapons/Powers/magic: Increased senses and physical aspects, flight, and control over darkness and cold/ice. For example, he can make shadow weapons, shields and tools only usable by him as they disappear when others try to use them unless he wills it but his normal weapon is his black sword. He can also lower the temperature to freezing levels and has other minor powers with ice, and he can grow wings from his back, made from concentrated shadow. His powers are weakened during the day and he has an aversion to holy items and the like.
History: Christopher was born in a small town in an old rural country. He was a twin and he and his sister were the prides and joys of the village. He was highly athletic, musical, a gentlemen and a keen intellect, as was his sister, except she was extremely beautiful and kind instead of athletic, while Christopher tended to stay away from people, but they were nearly always together when they could be, and Christopher often made gifts and toys for her to make her happy.
One day, a year or two before their fate, everything went wrong for the village, badly. It no longer rained and the wells dried up, wolves and other predators prowled along the outskirts being driven to attack out of hunger, all the business left the town and all the fruit and vegetables ceased to grow resulting in a complete loss of supplies. The town quickly transformed into a shadow of its former self and turned to the old gods, and not the nice ones.
On their 16th birthday, an hour before sunset, they were taken from their home and tied back to back on a bonfire made of old dead wood and all the twins’ possessions they could find, on an old hill overlooking the entire town. In their desperation they had decided to sacrifice them to the Old Gods in order to bring rain and good fortune to the village. When no rain or lights or heavenly gift came down from the sky, they went looking for more sacrifices and other atrocities born from their desperation. As the sun set and the light began to disappear, leaving only the glowing embers of the fire, something happened. The sacrifice had happened, but to the wrong beings and for the wrong reasons, but there were others that had been waiting for an opportunity. Christopher awoke from his final slumber and stared ahead towards the village, his mind tranquil and peaceful, for about a second. A portion of the ashes rose into the air, slowly growing back together and changing their matter and being, forming his new skeleton, muscles, organs, and finally, skin, it was excruciatingly painful.
He was then offered a choice, to join his sister in death, or to extract his revenge on the villagers as a demon on earth. In his rage at the town for what they had done, the hatred and disgust he had for their wicked deeds and the loss of his sister’s life, his poor innocent sister who had burned and screamed behind him on the fire, so close chose revenge and a terrible transformation took place. A dark barrier rose around the town and lasted until the sun had risen and set once again. When the barrier came down, only Christopher was alive and as he returned to the bonfire, his bloodlust and emotions began to calm and he started to realise what he had done. He had killed and tortured a town full of poor, desperate people and made them beg for forgiveness and death, had made a deal with a demon to become a demon and left his sister in death, all alone.
The night passed, the moon and the stars passing through their heavenly dance. Chris stood up and began to walk down the hill, away from the town towards the open plains as the sun began to rise behind him. As the sunlight hit the remains of the bonfire, a pure beam of light came down from the heavens and enveloped the hill and the surrounding area in pure brilliant light. Chris screamed as the light struck him, his darkness desperately tried to wrap itself around him but was torn away by the blast and streaked out towards the plains, almost like when a raging river flows against a rock and the water flows around it leaving a small gap of air in front of it. He was the only thing that left a shadow in the area as he fell to the ground, his skin burning, his hair turning white, blood pouring out of his eyes and mouth and parts of his skin that began to peel off. Then as suddenly as it had begun, it ended leaving the hill bathed in the beautiful natural sunlight, a demented screaming man with black gaseous blood seeping and scabbing around his wounds and an angel.
Chris looked up from his heap on the ground at the figure on top of the hill. He could only see the back of her as she stood staring into the sun, a slim being with long white hair dressed in an old-style white dress with symbols of the cross emblazoned on it. A thin pure white sword was held loosely in her delicate hand, the tip of it touching the ground, her right hand just hanging at her side, a soft white glow surrounded her, melding and mixing gently with the sunlight that streamed gently past her.
He grunted in pain as he rolled over onto his face, he pushed himself up and coughed out some blood half-way up and fell again. After the third go, he managed to stagger upright, and start stumbling up the hill. With each step, he took towards the figure on the hill, the wounds he’d suffered from the burst began to heal until he was running desperately up the hill towards the girl, the feelings in his heart steadily growing as he got closer and closer, the guilt and self-loathing swiftly getting dwarfed by the growing hope and longing for some bright light he could return too, someone he could hold on to, someone he could talk and cry and love. He reached the hill as the girl began to turn round, dragging the sword along the ground with her, and then their eyes met…and her sword slashed out at him and clashed against his own black one, now grasped in his own hand.
The two swords burst into light and darkness as the top siblings growled at each other, one bathed in light, the other hidden in black. The two swords scrapped against each other, the boundary between the light and darkness warping wildly back and forth, into and out of existence as they separated and joined together in a wild death, each leaving faint bright and dark waves in the air behind them. Chris pushed forward, his sword twirling around in a complicated manoeuvre which flicked the sword of light right out of his sisters hand. She fell back towards the ground and rolled out of the way as he slashed down, cutting out a lock of her hair as he lunged downwards, his sword stabbing into the ground. She grabbed his wrist and fire crept rapidly up his arm and down his sword, he howled in agony and back handed her away, knocking her twirling wildly through the air, white wings erupted from her back and she caught herself, her wings beating madly as she struggled for balance.
Chris snarled again as ice swallowed up the fire around his hand and jumped into the air, his own wings being brought into existence from the darkness around him and tackled into her and they both flew high into the air, jarring back and forth into each other in the air, creating burst of black and white, blue ice and red fire and dripping red and black blood onto the ground far below them. The fight went on until they after a particularly violent crash into each other, they fell down towards the earth like falling stars, one illuminating the sky around it with fire and a blinding whiteness, the other bringing a cloud of darkness with blue sparks after it.
When Chris finally regained consciousness and awoke to the sight of the stars twinkling down on him, he awoke to various levels of pain, both physically and mentally. After an hour or two of breathing heavily without a thought passing through his skull, he pulled himself up and looked around at the landscape. Everything seemed unchanged apart from an emptiness of life and activity, no wind blowing through the trees, no sound of insects or animals, nothing. He spent the night travelling around the land, looking for a sign of his sister, but like everything else, there was nothing.
He left and wandered the land, trying to learn to control his abilities without resorting to instinct and his darker emotions, he learnt new knowledge and talents, trying to keep himself occupied and to have something akin to normalness. He’d settle down for a few years before moving on for numerous reasons. Maybe another being of power passed his way and revealed him for what he was, maybe someone noticed something odd about him and would try to find out more about him, or maybe he felt it was just time to move on. He managed to get by over the years without making a lot of personal enemies, just enemies that wished him gone for what he was.
He came across his sister another two times over the decades, with the same result, the first where they had met in a town and torn the place apart in their bloodlust and the second in a city where they were intercepted and split apart by the beings that resided there, Chris was swiftly kicked out of the city and awoke in a ditch in the middle of nowhere, screaming. His nightmares kept on coming, and he kept on waking up shouting out for forgiveness and his sister, but he knows he can’t meet her, every time they meet his love and happiness would turn to hate and anger. While their battles never began as violently as the first time, there was a brief flurry of words, insults and then they’d descend to their fighting again. He came to Merchurdon about six months before current events and has set himself up in a business as a repair and odd-job man, going around and painting houses, fixing holes in roofs and helping the community. He’s enjoying his time in Merchurdon and his life so far, but he still has his nightmares, and still misses his sister.

Name/Alias: Angela Lucius.
Race: human/angelic/heavenly. Resurrected by an angel and given a portion of its powers and other gifts to be an avatar for the forces of light and heaven.
Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anim ... eAngel.jpg, 5 foot eight. She’s of slim build, which deceptively hides her strength and speed, with hair that goes down to about her waist. She also has eyes that change colour depending on her mood, but are a light shade while Christopher’s are always dark, she also has the amber ring around her pupils.
Aims: Soldier of god and to cleanse the world of the demonic forces that walk it’s surface, at least that’s what it should be, she isn’t insanely fussed about it.
Alignment: Good Lawful, for a certain definition of which laws.
Occupation: Bounty hunter for monsters, etc and a servant of the church.
Personality: Charismatic, open and close to her friends, she enjoys talking to people and spending time with others. She’s not too bothered about fighting but will do it if she feels she should without worrying about it. She doesn’t enjoy boredom and tries to keep herself occupied so she doesn’t let her mind wander. She doesn’t feel as any guilt or self-hatred like her brother but she still misses him like he misses her, and she does find it upsetting that they have to stay apart lest they tear each other to shreds.
She’s quite clever and has many little hobbies, like drawing or writing small works of fiction. She enjoys the violin and attending musical works, while her brother is more of a scientist, she is the little artist of the family.
Weapons/Powers/magic: Increased senses and physical aspects, flight and control over light and heat/fire. For example, she can make weapons and utensils out of light only usable by her unless she wishes others to be able to use them. She can also wield fire in numerous ways, like coating her weapons with it, or setting what she touchs on fire or even shooting fireballs, her skill with fire is much more superb then Chris’s power with ice. She can also grow wings, woven out of light which have the appearance of pure white feathers. Her powers are slightly weakened at night-time, but that’s it.

*Sigh*...now for the past history.
Last edited by MQuinny1234 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Ro, quite a bit of time has past now, IC wise. If you want to join in at the clock shop, now would probably be a good time…before everyone leaves... >_>

@MQuinny:
Again with the whole dead-but-not-quite-dead thing? Do you have to keep creating characters that stretch the aims of this RP, with the whole fact that they shouldn’t have died yet? D: It’s causing me a massive headache as GM to get your characters to fit the plot. But it can still work…just.
Aside from that…
He can also lower the temperature to freezing levels and has other minor powers with ice
Can you go into more detail here? What ‘minor’ powers does he have/what can he do?
Also, can’t see his black sword. The image is broken.
Good detail in the history, though….But where is his Previous-history?
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:26 am

oh yeah....hmm

Alright, he died, and got resurected. Basically he got a second life, he can still die like everyone else.

As for the minor powers of ice...he doesn't have as much power over it as darkness, basically all he can do with it is lower the temperature, and make whatever he touchs really cold....nah, that won't work...hmm...the sister can control fire and stuff so I want him to have a kinda opposite power going...go with the freezing touch thing..no...then he'd reallh have power over two things...grarrrhh...Alright, mild influence over the temperature around him normally and a thin layer of ice to what he touchs.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:46 am

Of course you guys finally move things along when I get a good game to play... I'll see what I can do.

Neo: Ever try heading north through Sloan? That highway was.... Well, let's just say that it wasn't a smart way to go when you're around level 4. >.>

Edit: I'll probably have a post up tomorrow. Gotta refresh myself on how my guy acts.
Demon of Elru

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:37 am

Ro Wong wrote:Of course you guys finally move things along when I get a good game to play... I'll see what I can do.

Neo: Ever try heading north through Sloan? That highway was.... Well, let's just say that it wasn't a smart way to go when you're around level 4. >.>

Edit: I'll probably have a post up tomorrow. Gotta refresh myself on how my guy acts.

Always read the signs before you enter somewhere new.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Mastermind001 wrote:
Ro Wong wrote:Of course you guys finally move things along when I get a good game to play... I'll see what I can do.

Always read the signs before you enter somewhere new.

HAHAHA
Yeah, bad idea. I mean, characters did warn you. Several times.
Hell, I'm level 18 and I still have issues with them. To be fair, I do a lot of exploring, so I level up faster than I get new guns, and I'm not a combat character.... but yeah, those suckers are serious business.
Current character is a smart, charismatic good guy, heavily NCR, very anti-Legion, with Boone and ED-E. Desperada gunslinger gang member next, then a evil strong but dumb kill-them-all guy. Gonna be fun.

Also, in my post, changed the ending a bit a few hours after I posted. He's sort of leaving, but he'll still be around for a bit.

Mainly because I was told Ro was showing up.
For the Greater Good

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Still a good post.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:17 am

Oh, I read the signs and everything. But I was still curious to try them. That was before I'd found out that most everything from the last game has been improved upon in several ways. 10mm, hunting rifle, sniping rifle, the 'Claws...

But I'm past level 20 now. Got Speech and Repair both in the 90s, so boosting Guns lately. At 16 points per level, should have it maxed quick. My reason for trying that is that I spent most my savings buying the anti-material rifle from Gun Runners. But considering I can repair that beast with varmint rifles and repeaters with Jury Rigging, it was worth the 7K I spent. Just had to grab that perk that lowers strength requirements on weapons by two points and I was set.

I've already popped a Blind Deathclaw with one shot from the hunting rifle -- scoped, and got a stealth critical, but it counts -- so I know I'm pretty ready to go after Quarry Junction. Taking the barrett along will just be the icing on the cake.
Last edited by Ro Wong on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demon of Elru

Postby Mathias » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 am

I will get something up by next weekend.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:18 am

Sounds like you have a similar character. Yeah, Jury Rig is amazing. Just hit twenty myself. And yes, the anti-material rifle is amazing. Especially with armor piercing rounds.
7k was most of your savings though? Maybe I'm just real good at making and saving cash. What can I say, I'm cheap. It was about a third of what I had, but I made that 6k on the Strip, so. Sometime, I want to see if a 10 luck character wins at slots more. Got about 12k now, but that's after I burned 12k on implants at the medical center. I might be able to take the Quarry, but I'll wait a bit. I have a LOT of quests built up I need to deal with.

Or yeah, and sorry 'bout the Vegas talk Doc. Ought to make a thread in Clan Snafu, but not sure how much attention it would get.
For the Greater Good

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:30 am

It's a popular game. But folks like Dorian would just say something about it just being hyped up or something.

Anyway, yeah, that's because you've gambled. I've not even been into the strip yet. Was running around doing NCR jobs with Forlorn Hope yesterday. Then went down to go after another Legion town when I ran across Searchlight... It may take time to investigate, considering the radiation gets rather heavy pretty quick. >.>

Then I went up to Black Mountain... Damned assholes still hurt. Then there was the rad levels at the summit. So I went off to finally go visit Mr. House.

Was disappointed; He didn't have a cane, and wasn't neeeeearly that cynical.

Anyway, posted for the shop. So let's get to business! XD
Demon of Elru

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:49 pm

@MQuinny: Kay. Let me know once you've got the other things sorted out i.e. his pre-history and the other CS.

@Neo: That's fine, you can go off topic and talk about games here if you like, I don't mind. It helps keep the thread active, so it's all good. Just don't make a habit of it.

@Ro: Great :) Thanks for the post.
Time Lady

Postby counterfeitself » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Sorry I couldn't get a post up this weekend. It was busy too. Started my post for Gerard, but it may take me a while to get it all filled out.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:55 am

Finally posted. Now I have to get ready for class
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Hmm, to bring Marcey along or to not bring Marcey along, that is the question...

@counter: That's ok, take your time.
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing