Final Destination:Victorian Underworld(OOC) IMPORTANT NOTICE

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Final Destination: Victorian Underworld (OOC) Signups CLOSED

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:01 am

NeoWarrior7 wrote:we book no traitors.
*cough cough*thereareporobablygoingtobetraitors*cough*
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:06 am

That doesn't mean we book them.
For the Greater Good

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 am

Well...not intentionally I would hope :)
But the consequences for such traitors would be severe...
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:48 am

I'm glad, we have an agreement on the same policy, Neo.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am

Trechary....hmm...on one hand, that will cause chaos and strife throughout the whole city...but that could really only help Kevin in a sense...He'd probably get more power...dunno if he'ld approve of it though..
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Musicmac » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:03 am

I've finally posted. :3

Now then...
I.
Must.
Study.
For Physics...
-collapses on table out of exhaustion-
Listen.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Ah yes Physics...the Lord of sciences.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:47 pm

But physics is the only science I'm remotely interested in other than Earth Science D:

I mean, how else are you going to defy physics? You gotta know your enemy.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:37 am

Heh. Truly, you never know when we might use a forgotten school subject to our advantage around here. Always best to know every subject you can to be sure you can fight back. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:46 am

I will be posting later today.
But first, I've got to go and play games and make things with a bunch of five year olds :3 See you guys laterrrr
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:51 am

Ah five year olds....who needs them. BURN THEM ALL DOC, BURN THEM ALL.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Noooo they're so cute, how could I possibly burn them? D:

...Ok on second thoughts, the annoying little buggers who won't stay where you put them and giggle and make as much noise as possible when you're trying to explain something to them, they can be burnt. But the ones who aren't little terrors, d'awww....they're just too sweet. I love working with kids, it's exhausting and you need the patience of a saint, but they make you go all :3
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:30 pm

So Muse, um, you really didn't give me much to do there pal.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Musicmac » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:00 am

Mastermind001 wrote:So Muse, um, you really didn't give me much to do there pal.

Gah, I should have thought so. :[
I'll get to editing.
Listen.

Postby Musicmac » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 am

Edits are done. :3
Enjoy.
Listen.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Heeeyyy doc...want a new character...or two?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:20 pm

Depends. What did you have in mind?
Speaking of new characters...
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm

When I ask if you want two...I originally planned on just re-using an old friend of mine, but I thought of a possible side-character, I wouldn't want to use her cause then I'ld have three characters but I could do a CS for you to see anyway.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm

@MQuinny: Ok. Well, you could possibly have her as a kind of NPC if you wish...but if I could see the CS that would be great.

Anyway, here we go.
Here’s Garnet, someone who will play an interesting (and possibly important?) role in this.

And yes, counter, I’ve set your character up for quite a challenge ;D I never said I was going to make this easy. But hopefully this way, things will start to come together…
And yes, feel free to use any of the information on the CS for Gerard to use.

Name:[alias] “Garnet”
AKA “The Scarlet Shadow”
Race: Human
Appearance:
(With a black hooded cloak/coat and shoes added)
Aims: Unknown.
Suspected of defecting from the Imperium. Has been spotted passing on information about Imperium matters to outsiders. Is currently on the run/in hiding from the Imperium…and yet oddly she hasn’t attempted to leave the city yet.
Alignment: Unknown
Occupation/Status: Former Imperium member. Imperium status revoked.
Currently on the run from her former associates.
Personality:
“Hiding the truth and crashing down,
My baby’s a dancer in the dark~”

A young woman who seems to keep herself to herself, not sharing her personal matters with strangers. However there seems to be something rather appealing and warm about her nature. Generally a friendly and pleasant person.

However a closer look tells of something else. A woman who’s used to wearing many masks, and playing many parts, who appears to be hiding something. Those perhaps more spiritually or magically attuned might notice something extremely disconcerting about her. There’s a glint of something beneath her blood red eyes. However, the nature of her makes it hard to determine what. It used to unnerve even her fellow Imperium members. Out of all the Imperium, she is seemingly the weakest when it comes to combat, and yet she has the aura of a very dangerous woman…perhaps even more dangerous than she herself can comprehend.

Weapons/equipment:
A scroll of parchment, a quill, and a few vials filled with deep red liquid. On closer inspection, one would realise these vials contain blood, but where from and whose blood it is, is uncertain. She also carries some empty vials on her, a couple of candles, some pieces of chalk, and two handkerchiefs; one white, one blood-red.
Garnet’s Dagger (see image above). It’s only magical property (with the exceptions of enchantments Garnet might put on the blade from time-to time) is that it is incredibly sharp, and has been known to be able to pierce armour quite easily. Garnet has also been known to enchant the dagger with a person’s blood, so that the blade will then seek out the person whose blood was used.

Powers/magic: Noted here are only the powers the Imperium knows about.

~Blood Magic~
Garnet is highly gifted when it comes to blood. Although she can’t control an unwilling person with their blood, or control their bodies, she can be rather…persuasive. All she needs is a few drops of their blood, and she can manipulate that person to eventually get what she wants. An intriguing way of influencing people, but it has never failed her. Of course, to make it work, she does need their blood, and the time to make the necessary enchantments…but once done, the victim is completely at her mercy.
The Imperium have used this particular talent of hers to help them in the past, and are fully aware of what she capable of in this respect.
She can also use blood in other ways, creating strengthening spells (there’s nothing stronger than binding a spell with enchanted blood), enchanting objects, and enchanting her own blood to make herself stronger, with rapid healing, resistance to poisons and toxins, and super quick reflexes.

~Imperceptibility~ (Yes, there’s a slight reference to something here, but only slightly)
A cloaking ability that is similar to invisibility, only visible. This ability, if anything, is more potent and reliable than simple invisibility, since it doesn’t affect a person’s vision, but their ability to perceive (all of their senses). Her magic is a psionic one, that shifts a person’s perception so that they don’t ‘notice’ her – for all visible purposes she is in plain sight, but whilst her magic works on you, you could be looking straight at her and your mind would not register her. Like something in the corner of your eye, you see her, but you disregard her…even if you are hunting her out specifically, it is difficult to shift the perception barriers she puts in place. And of course, what you don’t notice, you don’t see…It’s not just a case of ‘blending into the background’, but instead, giving the impression of having no significance, no importance what so ever to the point of being ignored, unregistered, quite literally slipping under the radar. The feeling you get when you think you see something in the corner of your eye, only to look and see nothing there? That is the effect you get when Garnet uses this ability.
It is partly for this reason that the Imperium have found it hard to pin the girl down. It’s so easy for her to slip through the net, particularly when she is aware she is being sought out. She can use this ability on herself, as well as particular objects and other people.
However although extremely powerful, it’s not impossible to see through the enchantment, although it should be noted that even the cleverest of minds and the strongest of magic can be fooled by it. If Garnet draws too much attention to herself (usually through a sudden or noticeable action, like moving too fast or sneezing in the middle of a silent moment), then the enchantment is instantly broken, and the effects of her enchantment are cancelled out.

Added to this ability, she can also create the reverse affect. Making something usually not-so-obvious as clear as day, so that you have to take notice of it...and when taken to the extreme, you can’t take your eyes off whatever she has enchanted. Can act as a distraction, or can work as a way to draw people’s attention to something.

History:Garnet was a loyal Imperium member for some time before their takeover.* Her magic played a great part in getting them their power, in fact. Why she decided to defect all of a sudden is unclear. Was she truly against them all along? Or did she discover something that made her change sides? Or perhaps she had other reasons for turning traitor on her team?
One thing remains clear: the Imperium are now very keen on hunting her down…

*Garnet’s history before joining the Imperium is unknown, even by her fellow Imperium members.
Pre-History ???
Theme song: “Dancer In The Dark” – The Rasmus
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Oh...well...hmm...just in case, I might as well. Cool new character.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:02 pm

I'll look forward to seeing it.

And Neo, as co-GM you're supposed to be setting an example. *tuts* Where's your post on the clock shop, hmm? :3
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Good god Doc, I first thought your avatar was a static image but the page was loading and it moved out of my peripheral and nearly scared me shitless.

On another note:

"It's not good to keep your elders waiting, young lady" Said Enine in regards to Lizzie's detour. . .
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Slipslash wrote:Good god Doc, I first thought your avatar was a static image but the page was loading and it moved out of my peripheral and nearly scared me shitless.
Hahaha, well it's good to know my Halloween-themed avatar is having that effect on people :)

If only this forum did sound, then I could have had some eerie incidental music playing over the top, and then suddenly as you stare at the image, the music makes a high-pitched scream, and a creepy child's voice says in a sing-song tone: "MUUUUUMMY-Y-Y...ARE YOU MY MUMMY?"

Slipslash wrote:On another note:

"It's not good to keep your elders waiting, young lady" Said Enine in regards to Lizzie's detour. . .
I don’t know if you missed it, but I did say earlier:
Doctress Who wrote: Also Slip (depending on how quickly I can get the Clock shop and The Silver Lady plots wrapped up for a time skip) is it okay if Lizzie visits Enine the next day instead of today (IC time)? It just seems more convenient to do it that way.

I didn’t get a response from you about it (which is why I opted for staying at Marcey’s), but I can get Lizzie to Enine’s either before or after the time skip, either way is fine. But I will need to know soon-ish.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm considering changing my avatar for Halloween as well, which I'll leave up until Thanksgiving's over.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:53 pm

I'll do it later I have work at 6:30 tomorrow
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing