The Eternal Waltz (OOC - Sign ups closed)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Eternal Waltz (OOC - Sign ups re-opened (2)slots)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:34 am

Ehh, you can tell what video games I've been playing lately. Also, I broke down half way through the history, so meh.

Name: Major James Valerian.

Race: Part Human, Part Elf.

Home world: Exalia

Class: Indolentia Military Advisor. Leader of the Protectorate Remnants.

Affiliation: Indolentia
Sub Affiliation: Protectorate.

Skills/magic/abilities:
Sword fighting: One Handed and Shield Usage.
Exoskeleton Pilot.
Tactical Command Skills.
Gentleman.
Combat Skills: Moderate fighter.
Piano and Organ playing skills.
Persuasion.

Abilities: Since he is part elf, he has great agility, speed, and endurance.

Magic: James used his magic in a unique direction. His works along the same lines and control as your generic elven magic, but instead of focusing on nature, he focused on influencing sentient beings. Still considered to be nature magic, just with less "nature" involved. The skill he has learned is seen by many to be an abomination, heresy, an insult to the gods, and defiance to the universal law of "free will". Throughout history, his form of magic has had many names and many cults around it. Its current name is Cruor Mos, Blood Will. Normal elven magic influences and commands the things of nature, beasts, earth, plant life and so forth. Blood Will uses those same applications, but forces them on sentient beings instead of the semi-sentient beings of nature. Its because of this that so many fear and hate it. It is of course limited to a how strong of a will that the user is attempting to dominate. Undead Lords are practically immune to it, as are Demi-gods. Parnexs are slightly affected by it. The rest depend on how strong willed they are.

(Goes from weakest to strongest)

Detection and Perception: By focusing on the will of an individual, not the blood or living matter, James can "detect" and keep track of sentient and a few semi-sentient beings around him. He can even detect their moods, and to a point, what they are thinking. Such as being able to detect hostile intentions from someone, but nothing more than that.

Influence: He can influence the mind and feelings of people. A simple power, depending again on the will of the individual.

Battle Meditation: By combining the two above powers at the same time, James was able to forge a power he calls “Battle Meditation”. It’s used on a massive scale that requires a good amount of preparation and sometimes the extremely addictive magic enhancing drug known as “Valrium”. In this state he can increase and decrease; moral, skills, reaction time, and senses. Strong willed individuals can shrug off most of the effects.

Precognition: Going into a meditative trance and using a large dose of Valrium, James can “see” into the ever changing paths of the future. Although much of it is blurry, he can get a sense of what might happen. It has been debated by his fellows if this is just what he sees when he’s high… but either way, he’s been right with the few attempts he’s performed.

Appearance: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 2_Art1.jpg

Starting equipment:
Family Sword: http://the-pain.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... -sword.jpg
G4-Pistol: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2425/375 ... caeaaf.jpg

Near him:
Personalized Black Templar Power Armor.
DG-14 Rifle: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll10 ... weapon.jpg
Shield: http://www.camprojects.be/gv_latex/weap ... Shield.jpg
(both sword and shield have been made into larger replicas for the armor.)

NPC(s): Protectorate Guardians: The Guardians of the Protectorate Remnants [i]sound[i/] like a bad ass, terminator force that can make even the 501st troopers run for cover. Well, they're not even close. The original Protectorate soldiers are serious combat veterans that should not be underestimated, but they are getting old. Plus there are so few of them left as time has gone by. So to compensate, new recruits were enlisted. At some point in time, there was a training camp devoted to the next generation of Protectorate troops, but these camps drew far too much attention. So they were forced to train in smaller groups and usually on the move. The term "guardians" in their name stems from this period in their time. The Protectorate Guardians are the next generation of the infamous fighting legion. They were founded at the end of the first rebellion by younger members and a few sympathetic Grim Soldiers. They are only a fraction of the total Protectorate Remnants, and have just a few more numbers to make up three platoons; Alpha (white), Nova (Purple), and Omega (Black).

The Guardians are fairly equipped, and use the most amount of Exoskeleton Armor out of all of the Protectorates. Still though, only a fifth of their number is armed with the PCS-400.

PCS-400 "Dominator” DATA:
Advanced NBC shielding.

Aural Directional Enhancers: Help clarify the source of external and transmitted sounds.

Enhanced protection. Heavy armor plating.

HUD: A Heads-Up Display (HUD) is built into the visor. Its features include infra-red vision, a "navigation mode" which superimposes a map of surrounding terrain and pinpoints prominent features, targeting systems, is capable of displaying life support as a percentage and the amount of ammunition in a soldier's equipped weapon, the ability to detect motion to some extent, and a data system which, with the appropriate link, can let the user 'jack in' to video and data feeds, the information scrolling across the visor. The visor itself may be lowered/raised and/or (un)polarized at the user's discretion, though will automatically (un)polarize based on the intensity of light hitting it. Colors that can result include black and gold.

Integrated communication system.

At least some versions of the suit pump drugs into the wounded wearer's bloodstream when its user is wounded. Also has automatic bio foam injectors.

Mufflers which reduce the amount of noise the suit makes and the user's heat signature. Difference exists as to how much sound is masked however.

Shoulder and/or chest mounted illuminators. The spectrum is determined via voice activation.

Advance Hydraulic System: The amount of support that the suit provides greatly increases his/her strength and speed, stamina no longer becoming an issue. The servos enable a wearer to dash up steep slopes and safely land from heights of thirty feet.

Personality: James is described as simple, honest, direct, intelligent and passionate. He does what is right, even if it's the difficult choice. He won't go looking for trouble, but he won't run if it comes looking for him. He holds himself to be a gentleman, and acts as such nearly all the time. He developed good leadership and excellent tactical skills through practical experience; a lack of formal training allowed him to avoid the preconceived notions of "accepted" knowledge. Rather than plan in depth, James is an excellent improviser able to achieve victory by using what is on hand.

Hate is also an extreme understatement for how he feels for the 501st, who cost him everything but money and status.

History: James Valerian was born to wealth parents about 17 years before the Empire invaded Exalia. His father was CEO of Valen Industries, a company that dealt with everything from computer chips and weapons, to renewable energy resources and transportation. His Elven mother was heir to the Dylan Fortune, and own of a few companies herself. He was born into the rich life, and despite the fact that he never had to work for anything, James did so anyway. At a young age, it was apparent that the young man was humble and hard working. Sometimes, he would help the staff of his parent’s mansion just in order to learn more.

He was enrolled in the prestigious private school, St Hellen’s Academy. There he made several friends, and an equal amount of enemies. He became one of the most popular students there. During school, he became interested in sword combat and took many classes. Around this time at home, he became severely interested in the RTS video games, and would spend hours figuring them all out.

He would graduate the school with highest honors at the age of 17, two months before the Invasion of Exalia. The rest of the history isn’t that well documented, either due to carelessness for keeping records, or lost data. Somehow James and most of the men in his family managed to join with the Protectorates. In the short time that the Protectorates remained as a united fighting force, James was given command of his own unit for reason unknown. However, he proved to be very resourceful at this time, until the 501st entered the fray. During that initial battle, he lost his uncle and two cousins. Three more relatives, and a large portion of his battle group, would fall in battle on the retreat back to Hammerfest. At the Battle of Hammerfest, he would watch as his family and friends fell around him. James would end up being one of the remaining Protectorates inside of the courtyard. There, he would witness the execution of the High General by Commander Vaco.

He and his fellows were disarmed and rounded up to be set to work camps and prisons all around the planet. His convoy was attacked by a band of remaining Protectorate scouts, who had thought that they were raiding a supply line and were unaware of what had happened at Hammerfest. James and his fellows were freed and joined the small band. They succeeded in raiding five more convoys, three of them were planned and lead by the young Valerian. A few months later, he found his way back to his home town and to his house. His mother and sisters were there, believing that all of their family now lay dead at Hammerfest. In order to keep everything, his mother had to make up a story, and cheat some evidence that showed nearly all of the male Valerians had died in a yacht accident. Surpirse was an understatement when James showed up dressed like a homeless man.

There was widespread rejoicing as it seemed like one of the heirs to the richest family on Exalia came back to life. The story was that he had managed to lose his memory and wander the country side for a few years before getting smaked in the head with a frying pan and remembering who the fuck he was. Weak? Weaker than the cheap napkins that your family buys for nearly every outdoor party, where it is the only time that you spill anything on your clothes that looks like you pissed yourself. Still, somehow it managed to fly thanks to the fact that the local authorities were thicker than an asphalt milkshake. For him, he managed to find a way to help every rebellion since without being detected, and maintained his life style. He lead a few operations personally, funded more, and maintained a status as an advisor for them all, never wanting a leadership position. Unfortunately he pressed his luck too far once with a band of rebels and the empire managed to trace the accounts back to him. His mother plead guilty to all of the crimes when they showed up to arrest James. She claimed that she had funded multiple rebellions over the years in an attempt for revenge for the death of her husband at Hammerfest. Of course that statement rose a number of questions up and still somehow James rather lame ass story held together, and he was saved. Protraied as the young man growing up in a rebellious home, and all he wants is peace.

Wrong. Other stuff happened, but the local Empire was too stupid to see through the screen of shit.

On to more recent events, we see that James is more involved in the current rebellion, known as the Indolentia, than any of the ones before. He is one of the higher ranking members of the Indolentia, and the empire have yet to catch on to him, mostly due to how young the Indolentia are.

Starting point: Gia Panta.

Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJA5mc3pCBE
Battle Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNh8ZxT7 ... re=related

Thank you Starcraft wiki, and damn you Blizzard for the cliffhanger.

I would also like to damn a Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw for his kick ass videos at “The Escapist”, and for getting his voice stuck in my head.

Postby top gear tony » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:46 am

Yes something tell me you've been playing Starcraft 2.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:06 am

Ah yes, someone with Military knowledge.

I like the battle theme :3

By the way Blood, what will be happening with Ivy? I guess I'm waiting for a hint and a post from you for when/where I can wake her up, right?
Also, what has happened to the equipment she had on her? (I'm thinking about what would have happened to Tallis during all of this, and Chris' dove that was with her. Would they still be with Ivy?)
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby top gear tony » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:03 am

Huh Blood I didn't know you watched Zero Punctuation, god I love that guy.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:16 am

hmm...

Demi-God: These individuals are unique in that they were gifted with a representation of the power that the gods wield, and approached in a different manner by each god. The gift given to them was not only the power to command the environment, but wisdom, and knowledge as well. Their powers, also their lives, depend on the well being of the planet. As the planet continues to deteriorate, they lose their power.

A few questions. 1. does becoming a demi-god effect the hosts psycology. 2. Does each demi-god get a different kind of knowledge. 3. Due to the planet weakening, would it be wrong to suspect that a demi-god may also be sickened, or weakened, physically and mentally. 4. Can they talk to each other across far distances, or at least connect to eachother in some way? and 5. You mentioned they could be corrupted, as a result of their corruption, as they minds change, would their powers also?
Last edited by MQuinny1234 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Slipslash » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:33 am

I'll opt for the cat to be in the science division foyer. Frost's area basically, no experiments on the cat though, he'll just be in the waiting area, in a small cage, for aesthetic purposes. Food and water nearby. And the odd look from Frost as he catches the cat staring at him as he walks by ever so often.

Don't know about Ivy though. . .
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:08 am

Hmm. I don't think Vaco would let any of Ivy's animals end up in the care of an Undead straight away, much in the same way as he wouldn't with Ivy. Not when he knows how closely they are linked.

Although that's assuming Vaco is aware Tallis is there. But even if he wasn't and he didn't think to check Ivy's belongings, I'm not sure if anything of Ivy's would go straight to Frost anyway. Not with Vaco overseeing things. But I could be wrong.

(Also, just to note: Tallis is a Tortoiseshell cat, and tortoiseshells are typically female.)
Here's Tallis:
Awww. Don't get too close or she'll have your fingers off. :3

Hmm. I think I might add Ivy's established NPC's to her CS, even. That way it will be easier to keep track.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:11 am

After the timeskip, Doc, how about Gabe and Ekora have some time to themselves? Try for a bit of character developement.
Demon of Elru

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:17 am

By time to themselves, you mean time with just each other, or seperate from each other?
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:19 am

When do they plan on coming back to the city?

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:36 am

Well, Faus has some expertise with enchanted swords, so he'll be making a quick estimation of how difficult a time Zack's having with checking over Mystara's sword. So you can guess at what tone he'll likely take when he sends a message to check in on Frostheim. I was thinking he'd then offer assistance and bring Ekora to see if the sword would react.

After he and she have time with each other, that is. Until that conversation with Zack, Faus will leave a message to ask for a chat when he has the time and spend time with Ekora while he has free time.
Demon of Elru

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Doctress Who wrote:By the way Blood, what will be happening with Ivy? I guess I'm waiting for a hint and a post from you for when/where I can wake her up, right?
Also, what has happened to the equipment she had on her? (I'm thinking about what would have happened to Tallis during all of this, and Chris' dove that was with her. Would they still be with Ivy?)

Yes. One was suppose to be up with the transition phase, but it was late for me and I wasted to much time with ZP.

Give me just a minute and all the answers to your questions will be up.

top gear tony 666 wrote:Huh Blood I didn't know you watched Zero Punctuation, god I love that guy.

Yeah. I got into it last night thanks to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48135

He is so freaking funny.

MQuinny1234 wrote:1. does becoming a demi-god effect the hosts psycology

Slightly. They are a little more determined, and well responsible.

MQuinny1234 wrote:2. Does each demi-god get a different kind of knowledge.

Not really.

MQuinny1234 wrote:3. Due to the planet weakening, would it be wrong to suspect that a demi-god may also be sickened, or weakened, physically and mentally.

Close. since the planet is dying, they haven't yet begun to show the signs of themselves, but their power is reduced. the best way I can describe it to you is that they feel incomplete, and are draining. They also can "sense" the fading condition of the world, but its nothing you can measure.

MQuinny1234 wrote:4. Can they talk to each other across far distances, or at least connect to eachother in some way?

They can detect each other.

MQuinny1234 wrote:5. You mentioned they could be corrupted, as a result of their corruption, as they minds change, would their powers also?

Hmm... I image such a possibility can happen.

Doctress Who wrote:I don't think Vaco would let any of Ivy's animals end up in the care of an Undead straight away, much in the same way as he wouldn't with Ivy. Not when he knows how closely they are linked.

Aye.

Doctress Who wrote:Although that's assuming Vaco is aware Tallis is there.

He isn't.

Doctress Who wrote:But even if he wasn't and he didn't think to check Ivy's belongings, I'm not sure if anything of Ivy's would go straight to Frost anyway. Not with Vaco overseeing things.

Aye.

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
MQuinny1234 wrote:1. does becoming a demi-god effect the hosts psycology

Slightly. They are a little more determined, and well responsible.

Hmm...Ah.
This is completely different to the approach I had with Ivy :x

Maybe I can make the excuse/exception that Gaiana was a bit of a careless bitch when it came to giving Ivy knowledge.
Time Lady

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:28 pm

What? You don't think Ivy's become a little more determined and responsible?

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:45 pm

I think she's become more confident and determined. As for responsibility...>_>

But aside from that, I had a lot planned concerning Ivy's Demi-god psychology. The idea being that the knowledge given to her would have had a great impact on her psychology and understanding of the world. Yes it would make her more determined and (possibly) more responsible, but look deeper and it would have also done a lot of other things to Ivy.

The idea behind it being, that Mother Nature (Gaiana) gave Ivy a very generous portion of knowledge that no mortal is supposed to have. Being that there is a good reason why you should never mix an ordinary mortal with god-like knowledge.
Her new found knowledge would conflict with her own personal views on the world and her own morality, and lead her to become emotionally and psychologically unstable. Gaiana would have made sure the knowledge didn't drive her to kill herself or drive her completely insane, but Ivy would still struggle to cope, to the point where she often questions herself and has a hard time balancing her 'mortal' side with her more 'god-ish' side.

That is what I had in mind in terms of Ivy (personally) and how she is coping psychologically with becoming a Demi god.

EDIT: basically, becoming aDemi god would have really fucked Ivy up.
Last edited by Doctress Who on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time Lady

Postby Jasthn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Wait, Blood how am I suppose to find Sylvanas with just a ear communicator? I ditched the helmet a while back for Jazz...
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Slipslash » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Frost is going to have to force himself into the area where Ivy is kept it seems. . .

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:14 pm

That would be a mistake.

Jasthn wrote:Wait, Blood how am I suppose to find Sylvanas with just a ear communicator? I ditched the helmet a while back for Jazz...

Uhh... crap. Lets see here... Hold on and I'll PM you.

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Slipslash wrote:Frost is going to have to force himself into the area where Ivy is kept it seems. . .
Frost really knows how to make enemies, doesn't he? He's already going to piss Faus off...would it really be wise to piss off Vaco too?
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:53 pm

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:59 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.

Only because you want to see the Empire get torn apart =P

Ok. And maybe pissing Vaco off would be fun.
Ok, and at some point Ivy will need to meet Frost in order to put another part of the plot into action.
Ok, and it would be fun to see everyone against Frost because of his selfish actions.

But, apart from that...
Time Lady

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:02 pm

1: No. Do not piss off the man who can rip you in half. He will get angry later on.
2: Ivy will met with Frost.
3: Might happen.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Doctress Who wrote:Only because you want to see the Empire get torn apart =P

Of course, I need chaos. How else is Chris meant to stage a rescue plan to rescue Ivy, preferably involving explosions and swinging through and jumping out of windows.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:05 pm

... You aren't seriously considering an attack on High Command, the strongest Imperial installation on the planet, with just Chris, a gang of misfits, and a Demi-God?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:08 pm

No, not directly. It's hard to make a plan in a world constantly in flux.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing