The Eternal Waltz (OOC - Sign ups closed)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: The Eternal Waltz (OOC - Sign ups are open)

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Hmmmm . . . could I have an Undead go Indolentia? Possibly a lesser ranking undead, or a newly created undead.
Just curious.
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:03 am

The Undead control all Imperial activity on Exalia. The reason why I put a Demi-God class was to give the rebels a chance to match the Empire. Also, the Undead are designed to remain loyal to the Hierarch.

Eventually, I suppose you could have a Undead rebel against his (or her should you choose a female Undead) brothers who are in control. The Empire on Exalia are suppressing the people much more than usual, which is one of the many reasons that lead to the creation of the Indolentia. In theory, you could rebel against the other Undead and still remain loyal to the Hierarch. But that also means that you could rebel against the state of Arkansas and still follow the President.

I'm not a fan of the idea, but the Demi-Gods were also given the option to go rogue or become corrupt as the story goes along. But they were for the first bit a permanent alignment to the Indolentia... All of the characters can switch their alignment as it goes, and such things are allowed to let the RP grow. Because as I've said before, I want the characters driving the story.

So... If you promise to participate regularly on this RP as much as you can, and as well as you can, then I'll give you the green light. BUT, the turn has to progress inside of the story.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:06 am

All right, I think I'll have him rebel later on. It'll be interesting to develop the unrest.
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:14 am

Yes it will be. Such moral issues can be pretty interesting. Although I prefer the fall over the rise.

Dammit, I'll post Vaco tomorrow. Its late for me and I have work again tomorrow.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

It's only a moral rise from an outside view, at least how I'm picturing it. :mrgreen:

Postby Slipslash » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:02 am

Just remember

Undead are concentrations of void energy. Energy that is given to those individuals who sacrifice their humanity.

But

To be either good

or evil

any of these extremes.
That will be the undoing of any undead.
For undead, are not human.
For Good and Evil
Are human emotions
So if any undead ever becomes truly evil or good
He shall fall apart as the void now understands it is not an undead it is supporting
but a mere human corpse
for that is all undead are
walking corpses infused with cosmic energy
That little bit of morality?
That is all that is needed to remind the body of an undead that its a corpse
The void holds them together
and the void shall tear them apart

(I pulled this out of my ass, but correct me if I'm wrong Blood)
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Lemon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 am

That's right, they don't feel, but they remember past memories. So if an undead was oppressed in his former life, and saw someone else get oppressed, he would remember that.

But they can't feel pity or remorse, so I don't know how that would work.

If you want someone to switch sides, make a regular trooper, much easier that way.

We could use more punching bags anyway.

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:51 am

Blood Lord wrote:Such moral issues can be pretty interesting. Although I prefer the fall over the rise.
You are going to love Mystara's storyline then.

Lemon wrote:We could use more punching bags anyway.
D:
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Musicmac » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:03 am

Lemon wrote:We could use more punching bags anyway.

I sense uneasiness. :[
Listen.

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:20 pm

I realize that, Slip. The moral issue will mainly be viewed from outside sources, not from his own. He doesn't become good, it only seems as such.

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:31 pm

I sense a disturbance in the Void...
Demon of Elru

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Cast Spell: Admiral Ackbar's Warning
"IT'S A TRAAAAP!!!"

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:46 am

Slipslash wrote:Just remember

Undead are concentrations of void energy. Energy that is given to those individuals who sacrifice their humanity.

But

To be either good

or evil

any of these extremes.
That will be the undoing of any undead.
For undead, are not human.
For Good and Evil
Are human emotions
So if any undead ever becomes truly evil or good
He shall fall apart as the void now understands it is not an undead it is supporting
but a mere human corpse
for that is all undead are
walking corpses infused with cosmic energy
That little bit of morality?
That is all that is needed to remind the body of an undead that its a corpse
The void holds them together
and the void shall tear them apart

(I pulled this out of my ass, but correct me if I'm wrong Blood)

Your ass isn't too far off.

The whole discussion of "evil and good" can be debated as either emotions, motive, points of view, or defining ones actions to be beneficial or harming to the majority of people.

Could choosing to perform good deeds or evil deeds affect their ability to control the powers of the Void? Hmm... so they would have to be permanently neutral in order for that to avoid their death.

The Undead can't feel emotions anymore, they can remember them. So say you piss off a Undead. They can't "feel" getting pissed off at you for shooting them, but they can remember the emotion and apply that memory to that situation. Thus experiencing a vague, emotional experience. Its like when you think of a moment in your life that had a strong emotion around it, like a great experience with friends, or a passing of a family member. That memory of that event sparked an emotion within you. That could be a remembrance of how you felt, or a new emotion. The first is what I would classify as the type of emotion that the Undead experience.

Some level of emotion needs to be present. I don't want the Undead to be the Tranquil from Dragon Age. You could say that the majority of emotions is in the human body, and it is the frailness and the weakness of the human body that allows them to run amok, and the spirit may have extremely suppressed emotions that remain as memories.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Salad Snack » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 am

Hey BL, if I join, this would be the first time I'm RPing, at least on here, anyway. Is that cool? And in the meantime, while I wait for your reply, I might as well make my character and save time.

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:14 am

Don't see why it'd be an issue, Snack. I mean, if you mess up something crucial, we'd just let you know and help you fix it. So it's not like you're just stranded in the waters or anything.
Demon of Elru

Postby Salad Snack » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:57 am

Seems like I'm late anyway. That's what I get for accidentally deleting SNAFU from my address bar list and not remembering to add it in.

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:27 am

We barely started, so you can go ahead and join.
Demon of Elru

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:32 am

Yeah, what Ro said.
There are still quite a few people who either have still got to add things to their CS, or haven't submitted their CS at all yet. So you're more than welcome to join us.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Almost done.

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:56 pm

For now . . .

Character Sheet

Name: Mhotep

Race: Undead
Class: Chief Librarian(yes, yes I am stealing that line of command)- this rank is the equivalent to a commander.

Affiliation: De’larin Empire
Sub Affiliation: Librarium- An organization of warrior scholars who preserve, and sometimes horde knowledge of all things. They also refer to themselves as the heirs of the Notition. They are clad in armour similar in design to the Templar, but have blue and gold plate rather than black. http://fav.me/d1zlsqd

Skills/magic/abilities: Mhotep’s primary power is a devastating bolt of void energy(Void Bolt), though he has many manipulative powers. His powers focus around controlling or assessing the situation. One example is the Siphon Mind ability. It drains the target of his or her awareness and clearity of thought, clearing his own and providing him with the intentions of weak minded targets. The symptoms often include but are not limited to vision blurring, a loss of short term memory, a shortened attention span, and or a severe headache.(Iwill leave it up to the targeted person to decide the exact outcome) In addition to those, he can create a fog that blocks only the vision of those opposing him.(Fog of War) Though it is severely detrimental to his health and can greatly damage his armour, Mhotep has created a devastation technique that causes a major time warp in a targeted area, aging everything, him included, greatly.(All is Dust)
-Void Bolt: offensive
-Siphon Mind: offensive drain
-Fog of War: defensive
-All is Dust: DESTROY US ALL!
Skills: Mhotep has a wide range of academic and technical skills due to his long years of study and reasearch. He can properly maintain, analyse and repair most machines, military or otherwise, and is well versed in many scientific and arcane fields.

Appearance: His armour appears as such. http://fav.me/d2oovhi

Starting equipment:
-Undead Power Armour
-Integral Holo Field(makes it harder to hit him/aim properly)
-Elemental Sword(lightning)
-Card System(integral)
-XV58 Plasma Carbine(can be used in one hand)
-15 Plasma Cartridges
-Tome of the Notition(worn on a leather shoulder strap)

NPC(s): The Librarium-the Librarium is a rescently surfaced organization claiming to have been secretly present in the Empire since it’s creation, recording information and knowledge since the time of the Notition. Several Undead are allegedly members of high rank. Mhotep has just recently ascended to Chief Librarian. The complete power structure of the Librarium is, for the most part, unknown. Do to it’s complexity, even many of its members don’t fully understand it. At any rate Librarians seem to be the highest rank other than Chief Librarian. The entry rank is Scholar. The Librarium’s purpose, supposedly, is to keep, gather, and protect knowledge of all sorts. They practice scholarly and martial disciplines. There members are gathered by invite only, selected from academies of all kinds, hand picked for their cunning and aptitude for knowledge. Though not as martially powerful as the Templar and much smaller in number than any of the Corps, the Librarium itself is still a force to be recond with do to it’s skill, prescision, and the versatility required of its members.

Personality: Mhotep is contemplative and, at times, unscrupulous. He is often of the mindset that the universe is merely an infinite puzzle to be continuously solved. He is adept at creating connections, even socially and emotionally, though he of course does not properly feel emotions anymore. He is also very ambitious.

History: Mhotep, above all else, is a philosophical mind, pondering that which could be, that which was, and that which is. Born of noble blood, Mhotep was trained at the finest military academy and sent to the most prestigious universities in preparation for his destiny, the Tarot. After his higher education, he continued pursuing knowledge and intrigue, providing assistance in think tanks and similar temporary gatherings as needed, until he was invited into the newly emerged Librarium, through which he rose at a relatively fast rate, which is still fairly slow. Sadly, he was plagued with an unforeseen form of cancer with no probable cause which brought his seasoned life to a timely halt at the age of 63. His death served as merely boon rather than an end, as his destiny was met, his body encased in the power armour which he had designed before his death and infused with the power of the void. From there, he legitimized the Librarium from a sort of secret society to a full fledged faction and nearly a religion in certain circles.

Starting point: Gia Planta- Librarium HQ

Theme song: coming soon
Battle theme: coming soonn
Last edited by IamAlphaGeek on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Ahh, another philosophical mind for Ivy to play with...
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:17 pm

Well it seems Zack may have one friend. . .or similarly close associate
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Salad Snack » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Name: Ishimaru Kaito

Race: Human

Class: Street Rat/Scout

Affiliation: Exalian
Sub Affiliation: None

Skills/magic/abilities:
Street Smart
Fairly experienced within the streets of Gia Panta, Kaito has learned a variety of skills that are essential to surviving as a street urchin. Adept at pickpocketing, scavenging, hiding and sneaking, he is also able to blend in using disguises. He also knows his way around Gia Panta, using the shortcuts through the back alleys. This makes him an effective scout or thief.
Quick Learner
Kaito has an uncanny ability to learn anything fairly quickly. He can learn a language faster than the average person. He can mimic actions and mannerisms as well. This skill complements his ability to disguise himself as someone. Given the proper attire and prosthetic disguise, Kaito can pass off as just about anyone. However, he cannot fool animals, as his scent will differ.
Martial Artist
As a normal person, there are very few options you have to defend yourself. For a street rat, those options are even more limited. As a result, Kaito's weapon of choice is his own body, aside from a stolen gun. As a child, Kaito was trained by his father in a variety of martial arts that originated on Earth. (I can list them, if you need me to)
Traceur
Living on the streets has taught Kaito to use whatever means necessary to achieve his objective. He has learned parkour as a result of running from any hostile entity. He can discern the fastest available route to his destination, provided that he knows the layout of the area.
Athleticism
Due to his training, Kaito is athletic. He is able to run quickly, as well as jump a fairly decent height and distance. Kaito is also quite strong for his unassuming size. His endurance and strength are not as great as his speed, but he does have a high threshold of pain.
Ki Awareness
After many hours of meditation, Kaito has awakened his heightened senses. Kaito is able to manipulate his ki to spread across a 20m radius. When activated, like martial artists of lore, he is able to sense the ki from any living thing within that 20m radius, but he cannot determine what the entity is. However, ki feels different for each living thing, so he can at least determine if it is a human or animal. As mechanoids do not have ki, he cannot detect robots or mechanical beings using this method.
Ki Manipulation
After training himself to feel and sense ki, Kaito can sense the flow of ki within his body, and manipulate it to his advantage. Normally, the flow of ki is evenly distributed throughout the body, but Kaito's awareness allows him to unevenly distribute ki to parts of his body to reduce impact damage.

Appearance: Kaito has medium-length, shaggy black hair, stands about 5'5" and appears to be thin, probably weighing about 120 lbs. He is wearing a slightly tattered school uniform. He has a backpack on him, though it appears empty. His face is somewhat gaunt. His facial features indicate he is Japanese, or at least of Japanese descent. (I probably should add more, if I do, tell me so)

Starting Equipment:
Backpack
An old Colt Single Action Army in working condition, unloaded
Ammo pouch containing 6 bullets for the Colt SAA
A throwing knife with an ornate handle, the initials I.K. engraved at the bottom.

NPC(s): None

Personality: He appears to be fairly amicable, and does not seem hostile. He is normally serious around people due to his martial arts training, but when near those whom he considers friends, he lets loose and enjoys his company. As you would expect from a street urchin, he's not exactly friends with authority figures, but still will respect the law, at least when the situation calls for it. Usually, he is calm, collected and rational. But sometimes, he lets his heart guide him instead of his head.

History: Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Kaito was the heir to the Shinagawa Corporation. He was trained to be a bureaucrat. His father tried to model him into the perfect heir. However, he was sick of the monotony of life. He didn't want to be a bureaucrat. He didn't want to be in charge of a huge company. Tired of his situation, he ran away at the age of 5, and was never found. Kaito's father soon died after, and the Shinagawa Corporation collapsed from within. The company was abandoned and no remnants exist. Living alone at the age of 5, Kaito managed to survive by eating scraps of food, until one day, an old man found him sleeping in an alleyway. This old man was named Ishimaru Eiji. He was homeless as well, but he claimed to have been a famous fighter. Kaito took his word for it. The man took him as his own child and student, and Kaito took his last name. The man trained him to survive in the urban jungle. The man taught him how to defend himself against thugs using his bare hands, and how to get around the city. One day, as Kaito turned 17, Ishimaru Eiji died on Gia Panta, leaving Kaito a small backpack containing a gun, enough bullets for one round, and a knife, with a letter neatly placed on top. The letter said that Eiji was being selfish in adopting Kaito, as he did not have a son, but desperately wanted one, and by adopting Kaito, he could pass on and leave Kaito with everything he had. Since then, Kaito resolved to become a famous mercenary in order to bring honor to his adoptive father.

Starting point: Gia Panta

Theme song: None

Battle theme: Dynasty Warriors 5 OST - Run, Run, Run
Last edited by Salad Snack on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Edit: added in skills, which I had forgotten.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Hmm. Interesting, we have a relatively young Undead Lord. Is your CS ready for review, Alpha?

And Salad, I have no problem with you joining the RP. I'll be reading your CS now.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing