A Touch of Evil IC - Pursuit

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

A Touch of Evil IC - Pursuit

Postby Soul » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 am

Druid – Park district

The morning sunlight was covered by clouds this morning. A cool breeze whisked its way through the forest carrying with it the smell of flowers and rain. But something else was in the air this morning; a distinct stench of rot came as an unwelcome guest among the softer smells. The entire forest was soon invaded with the stench of disease. The animals of the grove seemed to get as far away from the source of this smell as possible, but the druids that lived in the region did not.

A young man found Aelelia, followed by her wolf. He was a fellow druid, almost as old as she was but skilled with the elemental field instead of with the care of animals.

“The boss told us to find the source of that stink,” he said eying the wolf with unease, sticking to the trees rather than the ground where said wolf was. “So come on,” he said. The usually friendly young man seemed a little on edge today as he went ahead of Aelelia, but didn’t stay long enough for questions.

Priest – Temple District

Chants echoed throughout the cathedral as the sun poured in through the stained glass, illuminating the main antechamber of the grand chapel. Young priests beginning their studies quickly scurried through the foyer towards their respective rooms, eager to begin their classes. However two of the more senior members were absent from the morning rush, each receiving a letter in their rooms detailing an important task that needed to be carried out. One such student, Fio Shi Wong, had one such letter delivered to her.

“Acolyte Wong

During the night one of the many mausoleums in our district was disturbed with very distinct traces of forbidden magic left behind. Please proceed to the scene accompanied by Acolyte Kor and investigate why the tomb was disturbed. Pursue any clues you find and report directly to me.

Kathrine Xalena

P.S. This is your final test before you are granted full rights as a priest, do your best, Acolyte and good luck!”

Demonologist – The Necropolis

Most demonologists practice their magic by doing inside of their domain. In the basement of their facility is a gate leading down towards a training ground for new demonologists to practice their plagues or possessions on summoned low class demons. This morning was different. Something bigger had been summoned by accident or on purpose and slaughtered the young mages. Ariana dispatched the creature but whoever summoned the thing had fled through an uprooted grate in the far left corner. The woman rolled her eyes and returned to the main hall, where she had gathered the demonologists who had not gone down into the training room.

“You,” Ariana pointed directly at an arrogant brawler who simply called himself ‘Jack’, “and you,” she then pointed at Gabriel. “You two go down in that grate and bring back the dude who made that mess. The rest of you clean up! I’ve got some reports to make.” Ariana stomped off angrily up towards the second floor and towards her office, grumbling all along the way.

“Well there cutter,” Jack said with a sly smirk, “Let’s get goin,” he smacked Gabriel’s chest before fearlessly heading down towards the grate in the basement.

Operative – Military District

“As you may or may not have noticed, Rider, we have a small problem.” Vincent Bane handed Masked Rider Pluto a folder, “One of the government houses was bombed this morning, unfortunately for our perpetrator we caught him on photograph fleeing the scene.” Bane yawned and looked at Victor with a bored stare, “He sped out of the government district towards an abandoned factory, pursue him and subdue by any means necessary.” Vincent turned to leave the briefing room, “All of your equipment is authorized, Pluto,” he said as he opened the door, “And if you gotta kill him, just try and get some info outta him first.”

The file contained extensive knowledge on the target, including a hastily made profile.

Landon Hale

Ex- Military Demolitionist

Expelled from army on grounds of suspected Shadow Magic; considered extremely dangerous. Landon is a tall man with a heavy build. Blonde hair. Rough features. A single jagged scar down left cheek. Known to carry heavy firearms. Drives a red plated motorcycle, tracked by police officials to be parked at the abandoned weapons factory at the front gate of the industrial district. Approach with extreme caution. Your ETA from base departure is five minutes.

Necromancer

Normally the silver haired necromancer never sleeps in his own room, rather in the Demonologist building with a certain someone. Last night was one of those moments where Lothian was in one of his bizarre ‘experimental’ moods and instead locked himself in his chambers giving everyone a warning not to disturb him.

As the sun rose a few loud crashes came from Lothian’s room, a wounded scream that didn’t sound like the master’s own. A man wrenched open the door and fled from the place a with large gash in his stomach. Lothian stepped out of the room with his usual clawed hands, one was holding his neck, while the other pointed at the direct the assassin ran.

“Someone follow that son of a bitch and bring me back his head,” Lothian growled as blood squirted from behind the hand that held his neck. One of the teachers approached Lothian and began to speak with him in a hushed tone for a moment, “Alright.” Lothian began walking down the hall towards the student dormitories and came to Adrian’s room. Lothian carelessly kicked open the door, causing more of his blood to spill from his neck wound.

“Adrian, you have an assignment. It will act as your final test before becoming a full fledged Necromancer.” Lothian removed his hand from his neck and began to let his blood flow down onto his black robe. “As you can see someone tried to kill me and someone failed. I want you to follow the trail he left behind, and kill him. You’ll be able to track him by the blood seeping out of a large gash I left in his stomach. He left the tower from the side door in the audience hall. And now if you’ll excuse me I’ve got to go close this.” Lothian stormed out of the room and back into his own chambers, locking the door behind him.
Last edited by Soul on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: A Touch of Evil IC - Pursuit

Postby Karo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:26 am

~Park District~

Aelelia looked up as the fellow druid spoke, her nose twitching back and forth at the scent. She chuckled at his obvious unease towards Aoora, who growled up at the man. She swatted his ears and growled back at the black wolf, the low sound coming from deep within her throat. She looked up again and smiled before she began walking.

"You can come down. Aoora doesn't bite unless I tell him to. Usually." She laughed again, noting that she had been joking. Aoora wouldn't bite, but she could understand why someone would be reluctant to approach him. Aoora was very large for a male wolf, his head was right about the same level as her chest. Then again, Aelelia wasn't exactly very tall. She would consider herself lucky if she actually measured in at an even five feet tall. It was only when she was dealing with animals that she didn't have to look up to see eye to eye with someone.

"We'll find it faster if we follow Aoora as well." She continued to walk along below, but soon she began to make various barks, yips and growl sounds, her posture shifting so that she could use her entire body to express her intentions to her furry companion, with her hands acting as both ears and tail as necessary. Soon after, Aoora bounded off, dashing below the tree the man was currently poised in.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Bolts » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:52 am

Gabriel had no real objection to the assignment itself, though he wasn’t too keen on working with this Jack fellow. In fact the man had already touched a sore spot with him by even mentioning his scars, something he did his best to keep hidden. Without so much as a word though, Gabriel rose from his chair, removing his shirt as he did, revealing a torso so scarred and beaten it looked like he’d been to hell and back. Tucking his shirt through his belt, Gabriel eyed his fellow Demonologist with annoyance. “Let’s just get this over with. I’ve got things to do.”

Poking out of the young plague user’s pocket was a small plastic bag, filled with a familiar looking red liquid. Of course blood would have been a more precise name for it. Again without so much as a word Gabriel removed the bag and squeezed a small puddle of blood onto the blade of his kusarigama, as well as covering the heavy iron ball at the end of its chain. When all was said and done, Gabriel sealed the bag and placed it once again in his pant’s pocket. Unlike Jack, Gabriel was much more cautious in his decent into the grate. Close combat was his specialty but he disliked small, confined areas without much light, far too easy to get ambushed that way. “Oi, moron. Slow down a bit. If you get yourself killed then I have to fill out the paperwork.”

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:19 am

{Pluto}

_Base_

The rose colored spectacles gleamed thanks to a nearby window. The lens, then reflected Vincent's face as he spoke and his actions as he left the room. The spectacles, then reflected the image of the folders and then, the documents inside. " What is the message, he's trying to get across? What was the point?" The man wearing the rose colored glasses asked to himself, when was alone in the room. " Is he completely confident in his abilities, or maybe he is waiting." He muttered " Too many questions."

Outside of the base, dressed in civilian clothing was the rose tinted glasses man. He wore a short sleeve white dress shirt with a hanging loose red neck tie and tan colored dress pants. His hair was a platinum blond hair, short. Strapped to his back was a guitar case and in his hands was a ivory helmet with a black lens. He stood next to a gold plated motorcycle. On the left side of the front of the motorcycle was the roman symbol of Pluto.

The operative placed on his motorcycle helmet and got on his ride. He revved it twice, to listen to the roar of the engine. He smirked as the wheels began to spin. "Five minutes, I'll be out in two." He commented as he drove off to the Industrial district. " He'll probably be expecting me, I'll have to think of a way to bring him alive." He thought as he rode.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Cancer » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Adrian had been up all night, he couldn't sleep of course, was too afraid to sleep... to dream. He had turned himself into horrible things since that first time, but there was something about then that haunted him, and it was hard for him to sleep. About an hour ago he had downed a half bottle of Nyquil, but it wasn't working. Adrian simply stayed sitting on his bed, staring out his window into the dark night sky. Finishing off the bottle, Adrian could finally feel himself getter closer to unconciousness. Laying down then, he ran his fingers through his thick curls and sighed, eyes fluttering open and closed. Sighing, Adrian didn't bother to take off his jeans or tank top. Finally into peaceful sleep he slipped...

Seconds seemed to pass and the sudden sound of his door being nearly kicked assunder startled the young man awake. Sitting up suddenly, Adrian peered around maddeningly and violently, finally to meet the gaze of his teacher, Master Volrath. Adrian groaned as he rubbed the sleep from his bruised eyes, and as Volrath spoke,

“Adrian, you have an assignment. It will act as your final test before becoming a full fledged Necromancer." Adrian watched as Master Volrath moved his hand from his neck and he winced at the amount of free flowing blood. “As you can see someone tried to kill me and someone failed. I want you to follow the trail he left behind, and kill him. You’ll be able to track him by the blood seeping out of a large gash I left in his stomach. He left the tower from the side door in the audience hall. And now if you’ll excuse me I’ve got to go close this.” Adrian whispered an sullen, “as you wish” as his master departed.

Standing and stretching, Adrian began to remove his clothing. Once completely nude, Adrian finished stretching and shook himself loose. Staring blankly and wildly ahead, he could feel the familiar etch of darkness pulling at his soul and gut. A swirling darkness completely engulfed his eyes and muscles began to bulge and twist. Grunting out in pain, Adrian clenched and barred his teeth. His body began to visibly warp and grow hair. Howling out, Adrian began to tear at his own flesh, pulling off only flecks at first that quickly shifted to whole chunks! Black goo that looked something like chunky contaminated blood began to spill to the floor from his orifices, and his body began to shrink. His human moans began to turn into beastial howls. Falling to his knees he felt his face transform and shift, long razor toothed snout, long furry tail, needle-like hairs. He appeared to be some sort of Wolf hound, black sheen fur dotted with flecks of red strands, like he was a burning cinder. The eyes turned a crimson color, they throbbed with a dark resonance. Tiny horns flecked his canine brows. Adrian clopped out of the room, his long nails clicking against the marble floor.

Sniffing the blood trail that was just outside his room Adrian ignored the glances from the junior students. Catching the scent of Master Volrath’s assailant, Adrian’s ears fell back and he began to growl with his dual vocal cords. One growl was deep, the other of a standard hound. As he trotted up on the blood trail, his nose against the ground, an overly long black tongue lapped from his mouth and licked up the blood. One couldn’t tell from looking, but this beasts orbs dilated then in anticipation and excitement.

And just as quickly he had taken to the hunt!

Barreling down the hall ways, Adrian growled and barked his way through crowds of necrolytes that took their time to get to where they needed to be. The newer, younger students were more enthralled by the appearance of the hellish hound, and watched in awe or exclaimed in startled excitement. After moments of him charging through the hallways, long black tongue flopping out the side of his snout, Adrian finally reached the auditoreum. Unfortunately the door was closed in front of him and for a dog it wasn't going to be exactly easy to turn a knob. Whimpering at first, Adrian began to bark violently at the door. Leaning on down on his front legs, Adrian began to growl at the door, he could smell the fresh blood just beyond.

Adrian made a quick decision then. Shifting back into his human shape, nude and covered in the same black goo as before, Adrian quickly opened the door to an already startled crowd. No one had managed to stop the assailant then in his tracks, and the sudden appearance of a slime covered naked man didn't do much for the already startled crowd. Giggling and blushing girls huddled around each other, and taunting boys pointed and laughed. Some people turned from embarassment, the teacher there Lady Rafne exclaimed to him, "Adrian Metisse, what is the meaning of this?!"

As the short, frumpy and grey haired woman stormed towards him, Adrian rolled his eyes and ran past her, flustering her backward. Adrian began running across chairs, managing to find a stable footing as he again transformed. As he ran and bleed and pulled himself apart before the novice necrolyte's eyes, he began to wail out in a feline manner. The auditoreum wowed in awe as he morphed into a black cat before their very eyes, and flew through an open window. The flustered lady Rafne simply sighed and looked to the students, "And that is an example of a masterful metamorphosis."

Adrian landed quietly onto the grass outside and peered up at the blue sky. Getting quickly onto the trail of the assailant, He again took chase.
"Never let anyone think they are better than you, especially if they are."

Postby sam4books » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:31 pm

~Ami Rafe: Necropolis, School----I Hate Showoffs~

Once again, Ami was pulling off an all-nighter in the school's library. She had been, for a while now, her primary focus was becoming a full fledged Necromancer so she could join the ranks of those hunting the dreadful shadow mages. All she needed was a chance to prove herself since...well, she wasn't exactly liked amongst some of the schools staff, nor the student body for that matter. She didn't care though, it wouldn't stop her from repaying her debt to her old master. She was in the middle of reading a book on non-human summoning when a crash was heard, coming from the outside, followed by a scream. It was a bit muffled by the walls of the school, but Ami heard it. 'What the hell was that?' Ami thought as she closed her book and exited the library.

A strange yet vaguely familiar man passed Ami by, who seemed like he was on the run from something. Ami eyed the man suspiciously, trying to place what was so familiar about him. Why did she feel like she saw this man before? Could it be...?

Her thoughts were disrupted by another being running through the halls in a beastly rampage. This one was different, having the appearance of a hellish hound. "Do you mind?" she yelled at the hound, a bit annoyed by his appearance. From the looks of it, there was some sort of chase going on, a perfect chance for her to actually do something for a change, instead of staying on the sidelines like a "good little girl". With a grunt she ran after the beast, her weapon in hand, ignoring the looks of awe that the beast had created in the younger students. To be honest she already hated this guy, and never met him before. And she didn't even want to talk about how dumb some of the kids who were awestruck by him were. So he could morph into a hellish beast of great strength, big deal. She really couldn't see what people thought was so great about a freaking dog. 'What a fucking show off.'

The dog had finally reached the auditorium, with Ami a couple of yards behind. Ami had to give him credit, he DID run pretty fast, but it didn't help Ami was wearing a long hemmed skirt coupled with heeled boots. "Next time, I'm wearing pants" she muttered to himself as she caught up to the hell hound, who amusingly enough was barking at the auditorium's door. 'Ha! Not so amazing now, are we?' The summoner couldn't help but laugh when the dog turned into a naked man. The guy still didn't know how to morph his clothes yet! Although she had to admit, he was kind of good looking, for a show-offy metamorph that was. She still would never go out with the guy though. Been there, done that.

She followed him inside and heard a teacher call out his name. So his name was "Adrain Metisse", 'Sounds gay'. The naked, running man had morphed again, this time turning into a cat. Once again, Adrian's metamorphing skills had earned wows from the younger students. "Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me!" she complained, and pushed her way through a couple of students. "Out of my way!" This guy was really starting to piss her off, although it was probably just the after effects of pulling off an all-nighter. Even a total bitch needs her sleep.

She exited the building through one of the auditorium's side doors, and caught sight of the stupid black cat called Adrian. She ran up to him. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!" she called, now close behind him. "Who do you think you were trying to impress?"
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Cancer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Adrian had stopped sharply, hair standing up slightly on his back when he had heard the mocking cat-call. Ears on end, Adrian sniffed at the ground, making sure not to lose the assailant’s scent. He could hear the lithe young woman approaching, and as she spitefully patronized him with her incriminating question, Adrian shifted the forming of his tongue and vocal cords to allow for speech in this form, he had no intention of speaking to this distraction for very long.

Adrian sat on the grass and licked his paws for a moment, smoothing the black fur on his head, eyes dilating as he peered up at her with red slit eyes, tiny horns moved with the furrowing of his feline brow, "Who do you think you were trying to impress?", called out the young woman who was dressed for a funeral. Typical. She was obviously very cross with him already, for god-knows-what and Adrian wasn’t in a particularly good mood either, considering how horrible the little sleep he had gotten was. She was just what this day needed…

“Personally, I was hardly paying attention to anyone I might be impressing,” again his voice was wrought with dual vocal cords, one deep and abyssal, the other a light feline sound which was etched with frustration, “What I am trying to do is get my approval from Master Volrath to be recognized as a Necromantic Master of the Arts of Metamorphosis.” Standing on all four paws, Adrian began to pace back and forth keeping his nose somewhat to the ground and on the scent. He could see where the blood splattered on the grass, so it wouldn’t be too hard to find this guy. Hopefully he could catch him before he had time to dress his wounds.

“The man I am chasing made an attempt on Master Volrath’s life, and I am on a mission to kill him. It’s pretty simple. Sorry, if I caused a veritable mess in my wake, but I’m sure y’all can deal with it, your big kids right?” There was a bit of poison in his voice then, like the seconds they were wasting were made of gold, wincing his eyes sharply at the woman while saying this.

“Now if you’d please excuse me Miss,” He took a small bow as the cat, consisting mostly of him bowing his head quickly and bending his forelegs, “I’ve got a fly to swat.” As he turned to go, Adrian shifted right from feline to hell-hound, growing suddenly and abruptly in size and stature. After coughing up the black goo, Adrian licked his chops and snapped his jaw with a click, before taking off at a decent trot. Had to catch scent of the bastard before he could barrel off again.

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:55 am

{Temple District, Fio-Shi Wong}

The white haired girl nodded a bit while calmly walking down the silent halls. She was to accompany her fellow student, Kor, on a mission for the sect to investigate a recent disturbance. But there was a bit of an issue...

"Where in the world...?" She looked around, already dressed out in her battle attire, her trusted staff in her right hand. She couldn't remember where Kor's room was. Nor where to start looking to find the other student.

Fio just sighed and shook her head, closing her eyes to think for a moment. Well, I suppose wasting time searching wouldn't be a good idea. The higher-ups would likely want this finished quickly to see how good we are... She lifted her left hand, poking her index finger at her bottom lip. She then started to lightly nibble at her nail, never going so far as to bite off a piece. Her usual habit for deep thought. Okay, Pops trained me to handle myself. And it's not like I want all the glory... Yeah, this needs to be taken care of quickly. Kor can just play catch-up later.

The girl then smiled wide and spun her staff a bit in a solid circle before she started to walk again. Her bright eyes stayed forward as she headed out for the cathedral entrance. Fio then blinked a few times and looked around. She then reached under one of her armored plates, pulling out a small device. The phone flipped open and her thumbs went right to work, sending a text message to report on how she was doing for the day. Okay.... Not much has happened so far, but at least hearing from me might help Kyle cheer up at the office. Fio sent her message and then waited to hear back, checking on the reply she received. She then smacked her mouth, stifling her laugh under a small bout of giggling. "Oh, that goofy idiot..." Fio shook her head, her smile all that much brighter for having gotten the small joke. "Well, that's done. Now, time for work!" She quickly turned her phone back off and tucked it away once again, returning to her duty and heading out the cathedral doors.
Demon of Elru

Postby Soul » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:16 am

Necromancer

The longer the two stood and argue the farther the scent of the blood seemed to get. In addition less blood seemed to be flowing from the mans wound as his scent got farther away. The assailant was certainly making progress, and fast.

"Damnit," he growled quietly as he fumbled with a bandage around his stomach, "I need to close this and fast," he added as he knelt down next to a man hole and began to wrap the gash quickly.

Druid.

The youth ignored Aelelia and kept to the trees, running across the branches as he followed the smell of the infestation. Every now and then he would glance down warily at the wolf as he made his progress across the tree tops, not interested in getting anywhere near the animal.

Eventually the two came to a cave in a heavily wooded area of the forest. The canopy was thick enough to block most of the sunlight making it seem as if it were night time. It seemed as if the youth had vanished from sight but his scent was still in the air and becoming mixed with the smell of the infestation, almost as if he had already entered the cave.

Priest

Fio would find Kor waiting for her at the entrance of the graveyard. The priest had a notorious reputation for being a bit to 'touchy' with his female partners, which often landed him in the infirmary. "So shall we?" he asked giving Fio a smile, "The tomb we gotta be checkin' out is the one in the faaaar back of the graveyard. After you," he said with a sly smile, eying the girl up and down.

Demonologist

The pungent stench of excrement filled the nostrils of the two demonologists as they made their way into the sewers. Jack knelt down and examined the floor looking for foot prints at the four way intersection they had come to. He was silent for a moment before pointing down the northern corridor, "He went that way," Jack said as he looked to Gabriel, "Lets go, cutter," he added with a sly smile and stepped in front of Gabriel walking fearlessly down the sewers.

Operative

Pluto would find the bombers bike parked at the entrance to the abandoned factory. It was plain to see that the lights had just recently been turned on since the electrical light they were giving was dim at best. The front door to the factory had been left ajar as if someone ran in in a haste, but there were multiple tracks veering off in different directions. One set ran into the building while one ran around the rusted steel structure towards the back.

Noises came from inside of the factory, and echoing throughout the rest of the building and leading in the morning air. They were sounds of a man moving heavy objects as if to barricade or to clear an area.

Postby Vince » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:10 am

~Park District~

"Wait!"

Saresa lept down from another nearby tree, landing on the ground with a heavy thud as her boots made contact with the grass. As she stood up straight, she pulled back the hood of her cloak that had fallen over her head when she landed. It was clear she wasn't afraid of the wolf, Aoora, but she maintained a reasonable distance away for safety.
"Master sent me to assist you... just as a precaution," she advised. "I hope you don't mind me tagging along. Hopefully we can find out what is causing this foul odor in our lovely forest and null it," she continued, having obvious concern for the forest and its wildlife, as well as herself, her companion, and the other druids who called this place home. She looked over at Aelelia, then down at Aoora. Aoora, from her perspective, certainly was somewhat large for a wolf, but that only made Saresa respect him all the more. "What do you think it is, sister?" asked Saresa, looking back up at Aelelia. She felt a nostalgic sense of security since Aelelia was of one profession while Saresa herself was of another. Having both combined together would be far more effective than having two of the same type. Or at least that was how she saw it. "Things of this magnitude don't simply happen overnight. This makes me suspicious, but at the same time it makes me worry."
Last edited by Vince on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My children! My children, murdered! Come forward, disgusting, cowardly wretches, murderers of defenseless infants, and know torment and madness before I devour you whole! Who will be the first to be blasted to ashes?"

Postby Karo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:59 am

~Park District~

Aelelia frowned as the rude boy remained in the trees, completely silent. So she followed after Aoora, eventually forgetting about the boy who was supposed to be leading her. She paused at the entrance of the cave, Aoora at her side. She twined one hand into the scruff of his neck, about to step in, until a voice called for them to wait. Both woman and wolf turned almost simultaneously to face the girl who jumped down from the trees. "Hmm? I suppose so. Because of Aoora, I generally don't need help though it is always appreciated." Aelelia smiled and patted Aoora for a moment, before emitting several low growls and a loud bark. Aoora made a huffing sort of noise, and slunk into the cave. "He will walk before us, so that none may surprise us." After the wolf had gone a few paces aahead, Aelelia followed, closing her eyes to wait for them to adjust, and using her ears to follow Aoora's soft footfalls.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Vince » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:33 am

~Park District~

As Aelelia spoke, a small grin creased Saresa's lips. This woman was straight to the point, something she liked. She looked forward to working with her, even if it may only be for a short while.
"Alright," she said, acknowledging that she had heard Aelelia as she spoke, following her and Aoora into the cave. She assumed that from now on it would probably be best they remained quiet, since neither of them knew what was potentially in this cavern. Saresa lifted the end of her staff up off the ground, holding it in both hands to dispose of the extra sound of wood smacking against rock reverberating through the cave.

As they continued deeper into the stomach of the cavern, an abundance of thoughts weighed down on Saresa's mind. What was causing this foul stench that now plagued their home? And even if they found it, how would they know what actions to take against it? Or could anything be done to stop it at all?
Don't think about those sort of things, she thought to herself, continuing to remain alert. I'm sure the master will be able to find a way to purge this blemish from our home. He's never failed us before.
"My children! My children, murdered! Come forward, disgusting, cowardly wretches, murderers of defenseless infants, and know torment and madness before I devour you whole! Who will be the first to be blasted to ashes?"

Postby Cancer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 am

Adrian’s canine senses quickly caught hold of the fading scent. He cursed himself for even bothering to stop to talk to the annoying young woman in the first place. Snorting angrily against the grass, Adrian took one last good look and whiff of the girl so that he could remember who to look for in case she cost him the catch. Folding his ears back and barring his teeth at her, he growled deeply for just a moment and speed off in the direction of the scent.

He could tell that the scent was fading, but as he quickly drew closer Adrian was still able to keep hold of the scent. Pummeling his paws against the dirt at rapid speeds Adrian could feel his adrenaline racing as he neared his target. Taking a sharp turn, Adrian came upon the sewage drain that carried the end of the trail. In the distance he could see the assailant, the goal so close in sight driving Adrian to run at full speeds.

The kill would be his!!! Barking loudly at the assailant, Adrian hoped to startle him before he drew close and performed his next attack.

Postby Musicmac » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 am

Benjamin 'Benje' Cole - Disobedience

When Ariana had given out her orders to everyone, Benje could not help but to think of the events mentioned to be interesting. In fact, it was so interesting that it had made the man sneak out and follow Jack and Gabriel to the sewers. Surprisingly, he had not been discovered nor had he made the decision to be. However, when the two stumbled upon some footprints, he decided to walk up to them and help. As he approached them, a fireball appeared and whirled around the hook of his staff, illuminating the whole place. "Need some help?", the Demonologist said to the two with a smile.
Listen.

Postby Bolts » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:24 am

Gabriel sighed as Jack proceeded down the hallway as arrogant as ever, and even more so once Benje showed up. What the hell was he doing down here anyway? “Get out.” He half growled to his fellow demonologist. “If you couldn’t tell, Ariana is already quite pissed and I don’t have time to baby sit two people. So find your way back up whatever hole you used to crawl down here and stay the hell out of my way.” With his advice given, Gabriel followed after Jack. In truth he wasn’t certain Benje would listen to him but at least now if the dumbass got himself killed he could say he warned him. Either way, he was done talking to him. Jack may have been fearless, but Gabriel was a cautious bastard. Demonologists may have done some of their best work in hell holes like this but this entire setting bothered him. Sure Jack could tell him what direction his prey was in but neither of them had any idea what lied in wait around the next corner. “Oh well, at least with two knuckleheads around I’ve got some meat shields.

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:38 am

{Pluto}

_The man who would be Pluto_

The sensation of driving against the wind relaxed him, put his mind at ease. If he could, he would've just continued driving on this clear skied day. However, he had a mission as a operative, as a rider, and as a curious individual. The unexplained bombing of the buildings in the government district, perked his inner investigator. He had to know why. Landon Hale, suspected of shadow magic, and acts like a terrorist, what was the reason? Was it revenge? Had he really performed shadow magic? Many questions raced around his head.

He parked his ride as soon as he spotted the bomber's crimson ride. The motor of his machine goes silent, he then, takes off his helmet, and takes caution as he approached the abandoned factory. Sounds were coming from the building, it sounded to him that the bomber was either making himself a barricade or clearing an area. Before dwelling on that any further, he had noticed that there was multiple tracks veering in different directions. Someone was definitely in the factory, and one track clearly showed that. The other track went to the back of the rusted structure.

"Guess it time to show, why I'm Pluto." He announced as he mentioned his name. Pluto reached into his tan pant pockets and pulled out a PSP. In the main menu, unlike other PSPs, there was an option, hightlighted and called "Transform." The device spoke "Selected", as Pluto hit start. He then, placed the PSP, on his belt. Metal armor started to appear over his skin, covering his entire body, and finally his head. The helmet's shape is similar to a knight's. The eyes, they are an electric blue, with a narrow look to them. The roman symbol for Pluto is black and is on the right breast of his armor. The shoulder had spikes and the color scheme of the armor was silver and black.

Pluto, then opened the guitar case and pulled his assault rifle with the beowulf attachment. He held his gun with two hands and slowly walked over to the back of the factory.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:36 pm

~Ami Rafe: Outside of School----You Can't Get Rid Of Me THAT Easily~

The words coming from Adrian's mouth only made Ami more cross. Apparently this guy, for reasons she didn't know about, was about to become a full-fledged Necromancer before her. She didn't quite understand it. After all, she's only been studying feverishly for this kind of opportunity. This guy probably never seriously studied anything in his life! She'd be surprised if he did. Although for her, that seemed highly unlikely. She just couldn't understand why this guy. What made him special? Okay, so maybe he was really a skilled metamorph. Maybe this guy was actually good enough to become a full-fledged Necromancer. It just sort of made her mad, to see this guy being given with an opportunity. At that moment, Ami was just about to let him go and do whatever he was doing, she really didn't want to be around him anymore least she does something she'll regret.

Once Adrian mentioned an assassin who attempted to kill Master Volrath, however, Ami's mind was changed. The assassin had to be that man she saw running away not too long ago. If that was the case then... Ami had decided. She didn't care what the metamorph would say, but she was going with him. If there was reason why she felt this man was so familiar, she had to find out why. Somehow she felt very badly about this.

Ami watched as the metamorph took off yet again, glancing at her for a few seconds. She knew she would see him again anyways, so she might as well follow him. A glance like that could kill some people. Although, honestly it didn't matter to her what he thought. Really, she just wanted to corner this assassin and find out what's so bothersome about him. Plus, she already was sour with the metamorph anyways. It would take a while for her to cool down with him. Needless to say, Ami still had doubts that he was good enough to be a full fledged Necromancer. That was another reason she was following him, to find out just how many skills he had in battle.

So she followed, sprinting like her life depended on it. Again, the hell hound Adrian morphed into was a fast little bugger. The amount of energy Ami spent in order to keep up with him could power a nuclear plant. She was forced to stop and walk when she was at least twenty meters or more from where the assassin was tending his wounds. Ahead of her she saw Adrian charging at him at full speeds, barking loudly. Ami wiped the sweat from her brow, 'Way to let the guy know you're coming' she thought. So far, she wasn't impressed. She hoped the guy was at least good with planning ahead. In the mean time, Ami pulled out the spellbook that was inside a side bag she was wearing at the time, and the vial containing a bit of her old master's bone dust. Flipping through a few pages, she began to prepare herself for a spell instrumented to bring a soul to her aide. The metamorph wouldn't be able to do things on his own, that's for sure. It didn't matter how well off he thought he was. Whether he liked it or not, he was going to have her help on this mission.

As Ami recited an incantation, she opened the vial of bone dust and watched as the dust was scooped up by a gust of wind that came seemingly out of nowhere. Slowly, the dust started to build itself into a bone, and then some more bones. The bones spun around in a magical whirlpool, as they stacked on top of each other, forming a skeletal structure. The gust subsided, leaving a human skeleton behind. Something entered through the skeleton's skull and after standing around motionless someone or something seemed to give it life, as if it just had gained a soul. The skeleton's hollow eyes glowed for a second, and the animated creature rattled its joints. "Sorry about plucking you out of the underworld like that. But I may need your help just in case. For now, just stay close to me. Our target's just up ahead. And await my orders." The skeleton made a noise that sounded like a grunt. Ami turned to face Adrian's direction, walking a couple of meters forward, still staying behind an appropriate distance so neither Adrian or the assassin would see her, with the animated skeleton right behind her. If the assassin tried to run, all she needed to do was order the skeleton to hold him down and perhaps attack him next. All in all, she was mainly there to provide backup when needed.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Karo » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:53 am

~Park District~

Aelelia continued on behind Aoora in silence, the only sound she made was her sandals scuffing along the floor. It very much sounded like a broom being swept along, or several mice scurrying along. She watched quietly as Aoora's form became barely visible, her eyes were beginning to adjust to the darkness. Her nose however, crinkled in disgust. The farther they went in, the worse the rotting scent became. She reached out and pat Aoora on the back, a silent apology for making him deal with such a disgusting scent. Were this not an official mission, she would not have expected him to come into this cave with her. She considered sending him back, to protect his sensitive nose from the putrid odor, but she knew it would be too dangerous for her to continue alone, the only other animal with her now was the fieldmouse with the broken paw. She would have to make it up to Aoora by brushing out his fur later. She had spotted a couple foxtails in his tail at the river earlier that morning.

Postby Musicmac » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:47 am

Benjamin 'Benje' Cole - Complete Darkness

Benje let out a sigh as Gabriel turned away. All he wanted was to help, how wrong was that? "Fine then, be that way", he paused for a while, looked at his staff and continued, "But just so you know, I'm your only light source here". The fireball swirling around Benje's staff disappeared with a poof and put the whole place in a state of complete darkness. Hidden in the dark, Benje walked up right next to Gabriel without a sound, it seemed like he had a better time in dark places than the other two. "So, still want me to leave?".
Listen.

Postby Cancer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:15 am

As Adrian charged forward his barks receded into growls, noticing that he had gotten the Assailant's attention. Adrian, despite his craft, was an honorable man who- if given the choice- would choose a fair fight over an underhanded assault. The assassin might be morally okay with spinning his attacks in lies and trickeries, but if Adrian was nothing else... he was an honest man. Ironic that one so good at disguise and misdirection would also be a man of honor, no?

The Assassin, at first startled, became fearful. Much of his strength had dained out the gash in his belly and Adrian watched as he began to attempt lifting the sewer drain. He was having quite a hard time, but he was gradually lifting it. Despite the fact that Adrian had finally closed with the man didn't matter, and Adrian cursed his own honor and arrogance. Sometimes his rules were even a burden to himself...

Leaping into the air, time seemed to move in slow motion for Adrian as his adrenaline peaked. The young Metamorph was close to 15 feat in the air when his body mangled and warped at lightening speeds, shifting into- at first sight- his naked self once more, the sound of popping bones and moaning cartiledge audible to nearby ears. To Adrian and the Assassin, he seemed to be floating down in the air, arms raised in a manner to strike.

As he still fell, hundreds of fish wire-thin tendrils shot from his back, the average length of these strange tendrils having to be at least ten feet. They were almost invisible to the untrained eye, and if the light caught them just right they reflected a jet black sheen. These extremely thin tendrils seemed to cling to the invisible particles in the atmosphere, and the pulled him into the sky as they seemed to literally climb upon the wind. From the angle the Assassin was standing, he appeared to be some kind of dark angel, the light from the morning sun glancing upon the tendrils just right to make the black tendrils that rose from his back into the sky appear as spiritual wings the black goo still dripping from his form, the look of madness upon his twisted face.

At the same time, his arms had warped into masive things, huge, muscled, heavy things that ended in stone-like blunt stubs for fingers. It was apparent that he had packed muscle on his body into a hyper condensced state, otherwise there would be no way his arms would stay attached from the weight. It was apparent that a strike from the two massiv clubs would be more than enough power to literally smash the Assassin into a bloody pile of meat and splintered bones.

With the tendrils gripping invisibly to the air, they tightened and in these seconds that passed quickly before our eyes there was a hush as he forced himself down out of the sky from a good twenty feet at high velocity, prepared to crush his target into oblivion!

Postby Soul » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Jack looked back at the two other demonologists and growled quietly. "Get a move on you idiots!" he shouted back beginning to leave to two of them behind, "Or I'll take all the glory!" He did not sound far ahead and could be easily followed, as he was simply following the tracks left by the perpetrator.

"Heh," he looked directly up at Adrian as they fell from the ground. "Your magic. It smells weak." He vanished from underneath Adrian and seemed to meld out of the ground beneath the metamorph. "And you rush headlong into a fight without knowing anything about you're opponent," he placed the tips of his fingers against one another, smiling maniacly as he did, "Allow me to educate you." The shadows beneath him expanded rapidly and all shot upward towards the falling metamorph seeking to pierce the neophyte.

"Would you like to know the name of the man who is going to kill you?" he said, as he glared up at Adrian with that same smile. The corona of his eyes had turned black as he stared directly at Adrian, and began to prepare another spell.

The sounds of heavy movement had ceased from the factory as Pluto walked around towards the back. The entrance inside of the factory had been left wide open with no signs of traps or anything nearby. Light barely reached this portion of the building, leaving it dim and easy move stealthily through.

From the sounds of it the bomber had begun to move downwards into the basement, and with the heavy footsteps he was making it sounded like the stairway was close to Pluto's current position.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:43 am

-Zel- (What a gentlemen)

Ah the courtyard, so quiet and peaceful. Not. Zel watched on with a blank stare as he slung the rifle off his back, the scope wasn't very powerful but it never needed to be. He had apparently been trained to shoot a moving target a football field away with a handgun, he was pretty sure the guy had no idea he was there so even better. Quietly taking the rifle in his hand he loaded it with the special elementium bullet's, the neurotoxin teemed on each one of those little bastards.

As he watched the fight continue he saw the man's attention turn entirely towards the one called 'Adrian' so opportunity was at a prime. Without a moment's hesitation he fired once and watched in satisfaction as it hit the man in the Knee, he'd crumple to the floor like a broken tree momentarily. Aiming his gun again he began to aim for the head and waited for another shot.

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 am

{Cemetary}

Fio didn't move when Kor suggested she go first. Neither did she give him even a slight frown when he ogled her so blatantly. She just kept her cheery disposition while her eyes were closed, but then proceeded to slowly walk forward toward the young man. She put a bit of bounce in her step, her shapely hips swaying from side to side without any effort. She stopped two feet in front of him and slowly opened her eyes. The look in her eyes said it all just before...

In all the world, there were children playing. Tagging and running, playing hide and seek. A young man was picking a bright daisy for his lovely date, offering it up and saying that her blonde hair was more golden than any one of the flower's petals. A loving husband was coming home from work, greeting his adoring wife with a tender kiss and not a word of complaint after ten years on the job. A baseball field was alive with lights and cheers as a rookie player swung his bat, hitting his first homerun to win the game amidst the wild screams of the stadium. Streams of red and green, yellow and blue flashed across a night sky so many days ago as a common society of usually bickering neighbors stood together in awe of the wondrous fireworks. Stars were being born as others faded out of existence after one last bang. But there was no joy for young Kor today...

...mighty Fio kneed his balls without so much as a blink.

The white-haired girl strolled away from Kor without a word and still had on her happy smile. The odd hint of malice and rage that Kor had seen flash within her eyes now long gone and replaced by a cheerful gaze. She walked among the graves as if they were common trees and they were as usual to her as the morning sun's first light. She then looked up while thinking aloud to herself. "Wonder if I should get Kyle those shades he liked on my way home tonight...?"
Demon of Elru

Postby Soul » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 am

It was almost pitch black the farther they got into the cave, their young companion had completely vanished inside of the cave and his scent had been engulfed in the putrid smell. A new scent had cropped up, barely noticeable, a scent of blood.

The farther the two druids walked into the cave the more illuminated it seemed to become. Candelabras with nearly melted candles dimly lit the corridor allowing the two to see much more than they could before. What looked to be a recently carved stairway extended deep into the earth with a much brighter light at the end of the tunnel accompanied by the sound of snapping.

Kor fell to the ground with a yelp holding onto his genitals. He was unable to speak at the moment as he tried to assess whether or not he still had both of his testicles. Upon analysis he managed to pick himself up and hobble towards the medical wing grumbling angrily. His voice could be heard by the entire facility when he opened the door. "I think she popped one!"

Upon arrival the mausoleum looked as if the door had been torn off and all the graves broken into as if someone were searching for something. A few senior priests had already investigated the area and waited in the entrance to the crypt. "I wonder what poor soul is going to have to clean this up," one of them muttered as they moved about.

The assassin howled in pain and turned to glare at Zel for a moment. The shadowy tendrils veered away from Adrian and tore off the manhole cover and tossed it like a Frisbee directly towards Zel. The shadow mage jumped into the man hole and vanished in a could of black smoke. However his trail of blood remained, betraying his position.

Postby Vince » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:31 pm

~Park District~

Temporary relief, thought Saresa, somewhat happy that they could now see where they were going a little bit better. But I'm sure whatever is at the end of this stairway... won't be a relief. It was the sound of the snapping down below that particularly bothered her. As she had thought before, there was no telling what was inside of this cave. Now that they had reached a stairway that was most likely made by human hands, it unsettled her even more. She was almost positive that someone was intentionally doing this. I wonder if they're attacking any of the other areas as well, she thought to herself, still following behind Aelelia on alert. Perhaps this wasn't an attack at all? Perhaps it was some sort of experiment gone wrong, as unlikely as that seemed to her. She shook her head at herself as this thought crossed her mind, knowing that now she was just trying to talk herself out of having to worry what was down there. You'll have to face it eventually. Besides, you've probably dealt with worse things before...

Next

Return to Role Playing