An Open Throne: OOC Sign Ups Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

An Open Throne: OOC Sign Ups Open

Postby counterfeitself » Wed May 26, 2010 12:25 am

An Open Throne

Votes from: MQuinny1234, Gigafist, Kyuu, and Acktoo all on page 614

Welcome to The Empire of Selavice - A Medieval Fantasy setting

Selavice needs you Nobles, Mages, Clerics and Merchants. The Emperor, Michael II, has fallen gravely ill and without an heir, the Emperor shall follow tradition and declare his heir upon his death bed. You shall compete for the Emperor's favour in this time of need, either for yourself or for someone else within the Noble Class. You may wage economic, social or psychological warfare upon your enemies, but any open shows of war will violate the laws of the land and will be severely reprimanded by the Steward, Alexei Huxley.

In Game Terms:
You are the head of a powerful organization, be it a Church, a Mages guild, a Duchy or a Merchant's Organization or other form of Guild.. You are attempting to gain the favour of the crown to be crowned Emperor when it comes to that. You are in direct competition with the other PCs but are unable to directly fight them. You may have a standing army, but these shall be used to take care of problems that face everyone, not for warfare amongst each other. Instead you may use covert operations to interfere with others. This would include sabotaging public works in another city, spreading propaganda and whatever else you can think of without an all out war. If you are caught it could cause a backlash amongst your own people so be careful about what you do. Covert posts will most likely be done via PMs, but depending upon what the players want they can be done in an IC, however this was planned for more overarching problems like an invasion or what Royal Spies have seen and the like. Also you can make a post here like if spies are caught in your kingdom, Ill send you a PM and you can tell about them.

Provinces: From largest to smallest
1 Hildran: Northwest, borders Actuss, Vereldar and Marestin
2 Actuss: South, borders Hildran, Vereldar, Marestin and Ertywa
3 Vereldar North, Borders Hildran, Actuss, Ertywa and Cerena
4 Marestin Southwest, borders Hildran and Actuss
5 Ertywa Southeast, borders Actuss, Vereldar and Cerena
6 Cerena Northeast, Borders Vereldar and Ertywa

Only Hildran and Marestin border upon outside states. to the north and west of Hildran is savage lands mostly controlled by Tribes of Skrin (orcs) while to the south there is the nation of Revod, who are on poor terms with the Empire.

Map: Will be here in a bit.

CS
Name:

Title:

Motivation: This could be as simple as lead the country, but tends to be a little more in depth than that like Would like to protect the country from the Skrin to the north or what have you. Think of it as goals for when you take the throne.

Personality:

Appearance: Not only what you look like, but how you appear to your followers.

History:

Organization: This section is about your organization

Capital City: Even a guild has a Headquarters, where does your organization call home? Pick a name for the city.

Regions: How far your organization spreads. Name provinces.

Standing Military Force: Guilds have to protect themselves as well, it is a hard world out there, how many people do you keep readily armed?

Spies: This should be vague, say "some" or "Few" perhaps None if you are Church that stands for honesty. When I start the game send me a PM about where you want spies to be and I'll let you know.

Followers: Pretty straight forward, for government, this would be how many peoel fall under your region of tax payers. For Churches this is how many people attend your church.

Influence: This is going to be reworked and I'll be showing how you fair in each region and then in the world as opposed to just how well you do compared to those of the same profession. By this I mean as the Duke of Vereldar you may have a strong hold on your subjects so you will have a high influence rating in that area, but not so in Hildran. As a merchant guild that mainly works out of Hildran you will have a moderately high influence there, but not so in say Actuss.

Income:How you gain money, Most governments will tax their people, most churches have a tithing, guilds tend to have membership dues, Commissions or a combination of both. (Like for a mages guild they may have the mages pay to join and the like, but then the mages will be allowed to keep whatever money they are paid for their work. Otherwise with commissions the guild is paid, then the individual mages are paid themselves with that money of course the guild will take a hefty chunk of that.)

My character:

Name
: Alexei Huxley

Title: Steward of Selavice

Motivations: To please his Emperor.

Personality: Bold in some ways, but timid in others he jumps to please his Emperor and to uphold the law. He is intrigued by the small squabbles between the nobles,. He can sometimes be quite cold, but other times he will be very open to the same person.

Appearance: A benevolent, yet mysterious man. No one really knows much about him except the Emperor's closest allies and therefore will not support a bid by him for the throne unless the Emperor Explicitly says so. (Will only happen if the PCs have royally fucked everything.)

History: Born into a small Barony in the north of the country, Alexei was from a rich family, but when his house fell to the invading Skrin, he was taken in by a much more powerful family. The Ostarigs, proud controllers of the Duchy of Calidaz, were gracious enough to invite the orphaned Noble into their household. At the Time the Ostarigs were greatly favoured by the Emperor Aaron VI, Michael II father, and although Michael was a few years older than Alexei, they got along well. As such when Michael ascended to the throne he appointed Alexei as his Steward for times when he was absent from the throne or when he was ill. The unthinkable has happened, Michael II at the age of 56 has fallen ill and recently his only son had been assassinated by an unknown force. As such, Alexei has taken gained control of the throne, but due to his middle class background he will not be accepted as an heir to the country.

Organization: Royal Service

Capital City: Selavice

Standing Military Force: 30,000 Men Strong (Your Military capabilities, Merchants have mercenaries, Churches have Paladins and Inquisitors, Mages are weapons themselves usually.

Spies: Unknown (Covert forces. Spies and the like.)

Followers: Approximately 3,000,000 (How many people live in your duchy/barony/the like. How many people are part of your congregation. How many people are members of your guild?)

Influence: N/A

Income: Taxation.

DM Characters:
Alexei Huxley
Lilian Smits - Post Below this one.
Nihila Killian
Aron Akeme
Ezekiel Hastur
Derrick Knowles
Jessica Godwin
Lily Dresk

Accepted Characters:
Gabriel Faus - Ro Wong
Jeevoul "Jeeves" Trine - Musicmac
Xerona Alderwin - Triplemoon
Vouvrei Feyor-Vereldar - Redsnow
Nayan Katz - Sam4books
Szadek - IamAlphaGeek

Latest influence
Last edited by counterfeitself on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Re: An Open Throne: OOC

Postby counterfeitself » Wed May 26, 2010 1:08 am

Name: Lilian Smits

Title: Grandmaster of Calidazi Trading guild

Motivation: Expand Trading Guild to control country via economic means. (Isn't striving to become Emperor)

Personality: Ruthless, the best way to describe her is as a bitch. She is very ambitious and sometimes sticks her nose where it doesn't belong. She has a distinct disdain for Elves and Dwarves agreeing with their second class citizen status and freely abuses them to make a larger profit. She isn't above bribery, blackmailing or other forms of sabotage to get what she wants.

Appearance: She is tall and dark haired. She doesn't much care for failure, but greatly rewards success.

History: Born in Calidaz, her father owned a small Shop. Being better off than the rest she was sent off to school where she learned a great many things. At the age of 18, having completed school and part of university she started working at her father's shop. The next year he fell quite ill, and at his Death the shop was given to her. Working hard, and sometimes underhandedly she began purchasing nearby shops. Some say she did this via Blackmail, but as there is no proof behind these claims they are usually ignored. Building up her guild was quite easy after acquiring many shops. Due to owning many shops she was able to undercut prices forcing other shops to join the guild or go out of business. Expansion out of Calidaz and into the rest of Cerena, however proved tougher. After 10 full years she now has a foothold inside the rest of the province and has made a name for herself.

2 years ago some men in her pocket found a small island out in the ocean. When they returned she was immediately informed about it and has been trading with the inhabitants of the island for the precious Adamantium found on the island. As Adamantium mining is quite dangerous due to it coming from active Volcanoes, she expects this venture to end abruptly, but as those on the island aren't aware f the going price of Adamantium, she is making quite the profit off of them. To make sure all is well, she sent her own son Georg to the island to oversee the operations.

Organization: Calidazi Trading guild

Capital City: Calidaz

Regions: Cerena, Vereldar and Marestin

Standing Military Force: 2,000

Spies: Lots.

Followers: 50,000 Guild members.

Influence: Reworked.

Income: Commissions. All income goes to the guild first, then is afterwards paid to separate shop owners based upon how much they brought in. Shop owners tend to keep 20% of what they are paid for any goods, however all goods they sell are provided by the guild and shops are kept protected and fixed by the guild.

Postby counterfeitself » Wed May 26, 2010 2:52 am

Influence Ratings: This will be updated every so often with new Influence scores from time to time. Influence will be given when you have done something beneficial to the nation, such as a noble aiding another when there is no need for him to, his influence will rise in the other province. Influence can be taken away through propaganda as well as exposure of your less delicate designs. a Declaration of war upon another province will reduce your influence in that province to 0 as this is political suicide, but it may increase influence in other provinces depending upon how they feel about each other.

Ranking will be given depending upon your influence. Although this doesn't show the emperor\s favour, it is closely related.

Alexei Huxley:
Ranking: 0
Liliana Smits
Rankingl: 10
Gabriel Faus
Ranking: 3
Jeeves
Ranking: 5
Xerona Alderwin
Ranking: 11
Vouvrel/Ammon
Ranking: 7
Nayan Katz
Ranking: 3
Szadek
Ranking: 2
Aron Akem
Ranking: 1
Ezekiel Hastur
Ranking: 12
Derrick Knowles
Ranking: 8
Jessica Godwin
Ranking: 6
Lily Dresk
Ranking: 9
Last edited by counterfeitself on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Gigafist » Wed May 26, 2010 5:39 am

Can there be Dwarf characters? Read Lilian and says she doesn't like dwarves so thats why I'm asking.
Last edited by Gigafist on Wed May 26, 2010 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Livix » Wed May 26, 2010 6:03 am

I'll might have a CS up later today
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Ro Wong » Wed May 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Hmm...

I think I'll use the humanized version of an older character for this. Last RP that had political use died too quick to use all the resources I'd started building up.

Prepare for a noble. Though, to prepare for the great Faus is folly by all measure.

Oh, and since magic and such is obviously used, gotta ask if it's only permitted to those within a mage guild or other such organization? Or would a noble be able to learn it?
Demon of Elru

Postby counterfeitself » Wed May 26, 2010 1:46 pm

@Giga: No sorry, if you read that, they are second class citizens and would never be allowed to take a position in the upper class.
Edit: Actually you know what, Sure. You can be a dwarf if you want. It just means you will have no claim to the throne, and will probably have the motivation of freeing your people.

@Ro: Yes, you can have magic if you please, but as the head of a large organization, your actual use of it will probably be limited, but that doesn't mean you can't have it.

Re: An Open Throne: OOC Sign Ups Open

Postby Ro Wong » Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 am

Don't worry. Just planning on him being in the training stage and just recently learning magic.

He likes to be ready and able to defend himself from any would-be assailants. And had more to ask... Just can't recall what it was right now. So, I'll likely PM you later sometime. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby counterfeitself » Thu May 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Okay sounds good to me. Hopefully we can get some more people in here...

Postby Uishidoru » Thu May 27, 2010 4:28 pm

queston can we still sign up and is there a basic rping sheet or guideline i could use to create a character.
ImageImageImageImageImage
i need you,
your the only one i love,
the only one i need,
your my only desire,
the only solution to my sensations,
the only reason of living is you

Postby counterfeitself » Thu May 27, 2010 4:33 pm

um there is the CS I put up which I'll put in this post and of course you can sign up, in fact you very well could be the first xD. Basic rules beyond that is I'm in charge so if anything about your character is off I'll tell you. Beyond that you govern your actions, not the reactions of others. And... feel free to name the cities. I'm very open about that. Only two cities have been named thus far, both by me, they are Calidaz and Selavice.

CS
Name:

Title:

Motivation: This could be as simple as lead the country, but tends to be a little more in depth than that like Would like to protect the country from the Skrin to the north or what have you. Think of it as goals for when you take the throne.

Personality:

Appearance: Not only what you look like, but how you appear to your followers.

History:

Organization: This section is about your organization

Capital City: Even a guild has a Headquarters, where does your organization call home? Pick a name for the city.

Standing Military Force: Guilds have to protect themselves as well, it is a hard world out there, how many people do you keep readily armed?

Spies: This should be vague, say "some" or "Few" perhaps None if you are Church that stands for honesty. When I start the game send me a PM about where you want spies to be and I'll let you know.

Followers: Pretty straight forward, for government, this would be how many peoel fall under your region of tax payers. For Churches this is how many people attend your church.

Influence: This is going to be reworked and I'll be showing how you fair in each region and then in the world as opposed to just how well you do compared to those of the same profession. By this I mean as the Duke of Vereldar you may have a strong hold on your subjects so you will have a high influence rating in that area, but not so in Hildran. As a merchant guild that mainly works out of Hildran you will have a moderately high influence there, but not so in say Actuss.

Income:How you gain money, Most governments will tax their people, most churches have a tithing, guilds tend to have membership dues, Commissions or a combination of both. (Like for a mages guild they may have the mages pay to join and the like, but then the mages will be allowed to keep whatever money they are paid for their work. Otherwise with commissions the guild is paid, then the individual mages are paid themselves with that money of course the guild will take a hefty chunk of that.)

Postby Uishidoru » Thu May 27, 2010 4:46 pm

ok huge question... what if i don't want to be in a organization... do i have to be... and to stop more questions does the organization have o be something realistic or can i put like dragon tamers or something.
i need you,
the only one i need,
your my only desire,

Postby Uishidoru » Thu May 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Name: uishidoru almedea

Title:Dragon master, head captain, guild leader.

Motivation: To bring the country to justice and make the far out reaches of it protcted instead of only the rich.

Personality: a loner, usually straight-forward, and cares more about others then himself, he has a evil side to him and hes no push over.

Appearance: wheres a white robe, white shoes white gloves with a clear crystal on each one, chains connected his gloves to the back of the robe. he had white hair that went down to his shoulders, pure white eyes.

History: Born as a servant cleaning dragon pins. a dragon called taergan attacked the city and for a peace treatie the city gave uishidoru as feed for the dragon. uishidoru tamed the dragon and now is the captain and founder of the sky brigade.

Organization: Sky brigade

Capital City:iclonia

Standing Military Force: 15 sky brigade memebers patrol the borders, 10 on the outskirts of the main city and five patroling the city.

Spies: none

Followers: 134,748

Income: scavenging(money from dead opponets), taxation, and quests
Last edited by Uishidoru on Fri May 28, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i need you,
the only one i need,
your my only desire,

Postby counterfeitself » Thu May 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Um.. the whole point of the RP is that you are the head of an organization trying to gain the throne, or some other overarching goal of that type. Your goal is fine. And Dragon Tamers is totally fine. It is a fantasy setting so dragons do exist in it, as do elves and the like.

By Title I mean, if you are a Duke, then you Title would be Duke. The head of a guild, would probably be Guild Master, Grandmaster or something along those lines.

Postby Ro Wong » Fri May 28, 2010 11:21 am

Name: Gabriel Faus

Title: Duke

Motivation: Gabriel plays a wonderful role upon the stage of nobility. The nobles see him as a man of traditions, wishing to keep the classes and the authority they bring therein. To the commoners and peasant folk, he is their gracious lord who visits their humble slums and plays patron to their meager shops to help them in times of hardship. He speaks on aiding all citizenry, and fighting side-by-side with his soldiers in times of strife. He claims to want the throne to help better the lands. To help all who would support his run for Emperor.

But only one soul knows of what he truly desires. Only his precious and beautiful daughter knows that he seeks the throne for his own selfish ends. And she shall never tell… (As this could have plot potential, and I don’t want all players knowing things just yet, the details of the selfish nature are reserved until later on.)

Personality: Gabriel is, and always will be a powerfully intelligent man of manipulation. Where he himself cannot accomplish a task, he plays others to do it for him, and be happy they served his cause. He fears nothing, caring only for his daughter and his goals. He has studied numerous arts, be they meant for a paint brush and canvas, or a sword and shield. His thirst for strength and power is unrivalled. His masked fury and hidden cruelty a dangerous shade of his soul that only his most loyal accomplices have any inkling toward. Gabriel carries himself proudly upon his act as the honorable and mighty ruler bent on governing his people and raising them to prosperity. A man of many faces, a fighter of numerous philosophies, and a tactical leader. Never a man to underestimate, nor one to be trifled with. His desire to never be unable to defend himself has long motivated him to push his body and mind, strengthening himself to all limits he can.

Appearance: Gabriel stands at six feet and five inches. His hair is dark blonde, similar to dimly lit gold, parted down the middle and hanging down to his waist in thin streams. His eyes are thin and dominating, the iris’ colored apple red. His body is strong and muscular, being built to contend with far more than the noble courts. Gabriel typically dresses in stylish robes while in his home or consorting with other nobility. For mingling among the common citizens, he dons a brown, hooded cloak over a tunic and some casual pants with tall boots. But his most interesting piece of clothing is his custom armor he has long cared for and used during times of combat.

Gabriel’s armor consists of a black cuirass with golden trims around the chest. The left breast is emblazoned by a golden lion’s head swooping upward in an arc. His shoulders are covered by black pauldrons with crimson trims, made into three plates. The waist and hips are covered by black faulds with thick tassets that hang onto his thighs. His lower legs are covered by black greaves with golden trimmings that go up the center of the shins. They then carry crimson poleyns that spike out and upward, bolted to the tops of the greaves. This is similar with the sabatons that cover his feet, though they are a bit short and smaller than classic sabatons. A long plate hangs from the front of the faulds, lined with gold bands to create a design in the center of the plate and lines the edges. Gabriel’s forearms are lastly covered by thick vambraces with crimson lining on the bottom and top, and a design on the center with small, gold bands merged upon the metal. Underneath all the armor Gabriel wears a thin, skin-tight, hunter green bodysuit that conforms over Gabriel’s body to detail his large muscles. Finally, Gabriel wears a long cape that’s bolted onto the inside of his cuirass, colored yellow on the inside and red on the outside.

Armor and bodysuit.

History:

Organization: Duchy of Actuss

Capital City: Krimlo

Regions: Actuss, with blood relation to some nobles in southeast Hildran, and ownership of some few odd farming villages in southwest Cerena.

Standing Military Force: 15,000 at any given time, with nearly double that amount kept in reserve.

Spies: Some. (Just to be vague on the true amount.)

Followers: Upon last examination, Actuss was home to 836,792 citizens of various classes.

Influence:

Income: Taxation

====

History will be done soon. And I think you rate the Influence.
Last edited by Ro Wong on Sat May 29, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demon of Elru

Postby Musicmac » Fri May 28, 2010 12:30 pm

CS

Name: Jeevoul 'Jeeves' Trine

Title: Grandmaster of Trine's Trading Guild, also known as The Gentleman

Motivation: Jeeves' motivation is quite simple, take over country and rule it in equality towards all of it's people.

Personality: Jeeves is a person who remains calm in any situation, even in a war. Resourceful, tactful and extremely intelligent, Jeeves seems to have made himself quite well-known in the world of trading and marketing. Jeeves is also the perfect gentleman, he takes etiquette to a whole new level and seems to be quite a force to be reckoned with. Other than that, he is also quite humble and kind towards those who he cares about.

Appearance: Black haired, brown eyes and has a good body, standing at 5 foot 9 or so. He normally wears a suit and has good fashion sense. To his followers, he is a man of power, intelligence and sometimes, even scary. His followers are extremely loyal and strive to be on his good side.

History: Jeeves was born into a well-off family and nothing much happened to him throughout his life. Around the time when he was 14, his family was killed by a bunch of robbers when he was in school.

Having gotten help from his uncle, he claimed his inheritance and continued living with his uncle, John Trine, a humble and loyal valet. In his care, John taught Jeeves about the principles of the world, how men behaved, what they wanted and how money worked.

Time passed and Jeeves left his uncle to make his mark in the world. With his knowledge and a good sum of money, he quickly expanded his buisness, from trading along ports to making contracts with ships and so on.

Now, his guild stands as one of the world's most well-known and most influential in many places.

Organization: Trine's Trading Guild

Capital City: Cerena, but is currently restationing in Marestin for better influence over larger provinces.

Regions: Marestin, Hilldran and Actuss have large amounts of Trine follwers. On the other hand, there is less in Verelda and Ertywa. The one region that Trine is most success in would seem to be Cerena.

Standing Military Force: Seeing as it is, Jeeves has around 8,000 people fighting for him and the guild. He also seems to have some contact with magicians and the likes for support.

Spies: An sufficient number in all regions, observing activities and the likes. Fighting dirty isn't something Jeeves likes but he admits that it is a necessity.

Followers: Around 70,000 to 80,000. The Trines are a large economical force and it's numbers seem to further hammer their mark.

Influence:

Income: Trading of all sorts, ranging from port trading to selling candy. The income goes to the central office and Jeeves splits them all into their separate categories and then take out around 10% from each of them. The rates may change depending for certain buisnesses.
Last edited by Musicmac on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Listen.

Postby counterfeitself » Fri May 28, 2010 1:19 pm

@Ro: There is only one problem with yours. I had said the entire country is about 3 Million and your Duchy has almost 2.5 Million. xD This is the only problem I see with yours as you are correct about Influence. Also, I look forward to reading your history.

@Music: Only Problem I foresee is your guild Starting place, if you move it to any other province, it will be okay. I saw this because I already started one guild there, so it would be better if you had a different starting point.

Postby Musicmac » Fri May 28, 2010 7:31 pm

@Counter: Done, edited the location to restationing in Marestin. :D
Listen.

Postby TripleMoon » Fri May 28, 2010 8:33 pm

CS
Name: Xerona Alderwin

Title: Lady Xerona Alderwin of Serendipity

Motivation: To protect the dying out magical creatures still inhabiting the country.

Personality: Determined and courageous, Xerona will stop at nothing to protect the sacred creatures she dearly loves. She can be stubborn at times, and impatient, but many of her organization members look up to her as an ideal role model for their children. Xerona would accomplish her goal if it weren't for the government suspecting her true intentions. Uses her "femininity" to gets what she wants.

Appearance: Xerona is a true beauty, and she uses that to her advantage. She has reddish brown hair, green eyes, and fair skin. Her male followers not only see her as a potential wife (she's single), but also admire her compassionate actions for the mythical creatures and people as well. The female portion see her just as well, only that they're a little envious of her.

History: Born as a wealthy daughter of a brother of the Emperor and a Duchess, Xerona has had many pleasures. However, that changed when she discovered a dragon hatchling near her manor and decided to raise it. But soon her parents and the authorities found out, killed the poor hatchling, and threatened to arrest her. Ever since then, Xerona has always wondered to herself about the forbidden world of real magic. Only those qualified of magic could handle these creatures, why couldn't she? After all, Xerona was related to the Emperor and wealthy. But when she grew up, she had the funds and power necessary to start an organization that would work to remove those laws, while protecting the creatures as well.

Organization: P.O.M.O (Protectors of Magical Organisms)

Capital City: Serendipity in Marestin.

Regions: From Marestin to Cerena

Standing Military Force: Protection consists of two rows of archers and a row of men-at-arms. Two battle mages are also in.

Spies: Few spies.

Followers: About 9000 are members.

Influence:...........

Income: P.O.M.A gets money from donations, membership fees of $15 a year, and the P.O.M.A gift shops' profits scattered across Marestin.
Last edited by TripleMoon on Sat May 29, 2010 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meh. If I had a good avatar, this would be worth it.

Postby TripleMoon » Fri May 28, 2010 8:36 pm

To be honest, I was about to name it Organization 3000 (pretty original, huh? -rolls eyes-), and then I thought of acronyms.
Meh. If I had a good avatar, this would be worth it.

Postby Redsnow » Fri May 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Current Alias: Ammon Lancastor

Physical Age: 34

Real Age: 254

Title: Archmagus of Vereldar, Master of Feyor College

Motivation: Omniscience and, therefore, godhood. This keeps him from trying, himself to become Emperor, but his hand could be seen influencing the political arena to give his favorite a more favorable position.

Personality: Sarcastic, capricious, and ambitious, Vouvrei often distances himself as a player in the world around him, and detests the idea of becoming too deeply or personally vested in mortal ambitions. The antics of the world often come secondary to his pursuit of knowledge, both physical and magical. By the same token, however, he believes that knowledge is blind, and thus, as magic stems from knowledge, anyone with the gift has the right to learn.

Appearance: Vouvrei has long since forgotten what his original form looked like, but the current form of Ammon Lancastor is slender for a human, and is a bit short - he is only 5'5" tall. He has wavy brown hair that comes to his shoulders and his eyes are a piercing gray of dawn. While it seems that he once enjoyed the outdoors, following his succession as Master and Archmagus, he has mostly stayed indoors and is thus pale-skinned. He is usually dressed in ornate bloodred robes of silk adorned with spun-gold runes along the hems of the sleeves and skirt. He wears a thin chain of red-gold with a simple, circular golden pendant, a ring of gold set with a stone of deep red, and shoes of soft velvet.

History of Vouvrei: Before even the current emperor's time, when Selavice was a far more dangerous place than it was during Michael II's reign, Vouvrei was born unto the then-sovereign Vereldar's royal family. He was quickly identified as possessing the Gift, and was quickly sent to the Order of the Vereldar Magi to learn to control his talent. However, the might of the Selavice Empire bore down upon the country, and the royal family of Vereldar eventually agreed to serve the Emperor in return for control of Vereldar. Servitude did not, however, sit well with Vouvrei's brother, and heir to the family name, Rocent Vereldar, who plotted the downfall of the Emperor to regain sovereignty not only over his own land, but over all the lands of Selavice. However, the coup d'etat backfired, and the Vereldar family was sacked - leaving Vouvrei as the last heir.

The magi kept Vouvrei a secret - indeed, Vouvrei was the most talented of their order that they had seen in centures - and Vouvrei, in return, took whatever treasures of the remaining Vereldar vaults and invested them into magical studies in Vereldar - thus founding Feyor College and rapidly expanding the Order of Vereldarian Magi until it had become the premier Order of magic, not only of Selavice, but also of much of the land around it.

However, even Vouvrei began to age, and his lust for knowledge soon became a lust for immortality. He despised the human condition and looked to the more ancient magics of the elves and the dwarves, and, when failed there, looked towards even more ancient texts of the gods.

There, he found it.

It was not immortality in the traditional sense - there was no way to save his dying flesh. But his memories and his knowledge - all that could be transferred to a new body. Thus, Vouvrei chose his most promising student and began a new tradition of naming his successor, in the vein of Selavice's own traditions, on his deathbed, upon which he transferred all of his memories and merged them with his new vessel. It was a secret that no one knew - people assumed that the Archmage passed down his spellbook or some trinket with a key to his successor to explain the successor's newfound power.

In his four lifetimes - Ammon is his fifth - Vouvrei has created not only a better world for the pursuit of magical knowledge, but also has played his hand in political intrigue as a pasttime - some part of why Michael II became successor was due to Vouvrei's capricious meddling.

History of Ammon Lancastor: Ammon Lancastor was an ambitious young noble whose family had long since lost any of the prestige it once wielded, save for their titles. As such, Ammon would have been destined to do labor and work, unlike the other young nobles, save for the fact that he was found to be in very strong possession of the Gift. Seeing a way out of fate, Ammon quickly took up that charge and went to learn and Feyor College. His guile and cunning, after years of resentment towards "real" nobles, served him well, and his Gift quickly caught the eye of the then-Master Jace Torelin, who had been in search of a successor for some time, but seemed could not find one possessing the appropriate level of talent that was required of the Master.

Ammon became the Master's apprentice, and found that his social standing quickly rose by the mere fact that he was apprenticed to the old mage, and was being considered for succession. The Master was brought in ill not long after Ammon had become apprenticed, however, and decisions needed to be made - though the other ranked mages of the Order protested, Ammon was brought into the Master's deathchamber and was given his rite of succession - possibly the youngest Master to date.

Fears of the boy's age and ambition were quickly quelled when Ammon seemed to age considerably after his succession - the guile, the wit, and the cunning were still there, but the ambition and superficial covetousness were gone - replaced by a man who seemed to finally relax in his own power. Such occurrences however, seemed to follow the rite of succession on various occasions before, and soon the College was running as it always had.

Ammon did, however, appear more often at public events and social functions than his predecessors - as his position as Master of Feyor College and Archmagus, and considering his still-noble birth, his was a position of relative high-nobility, though he seemed more preoccupied in personally learning of the nobility of the empire instead of any particular desire to flaunt his new power. However, following the declaration of the ailing Emperor, Ammon's appearances at social functions waned and his figure was less-seen around the public forums. Those who requested his personal favor to help their own favor with the Emperor were quickly rebuffed, and Ammon was rarely seen at the College itself, save for his secretaries and steward.

Organization: Order of Vereldar Magi, Feyor College

Capital City: Feyor

Regions: With Vereldar as a hub, its magic-users have spread into Ertywa, and Cerena, and Hildran (Hildran mainly has needs for mages to help protect its borders), and is beginning to expand into Actuss as well.

Standing Military Force: 300 Mages with knowledge of warfare and destructive magics, 4000 men armed with magical armaments. About 400 more mages are not present in Vereldar, but have sworn fealty to the Order and can be summoned at a moment's notice (such is the way of mages).

Spies: A Few (oftentimes, he and his subjects will the ones hired to spy)

Followers: 2,800 mages, including students.

Influence:

Income: the Order takes a commission out of all jobs that have been placed through it, and all mages must pay a yearly fee to stay in the Order, as well as pay off any debts that they may have incurred as students. However, the Order also acknowledges knowledge as a currency, and will accept substitutes in the form of magic or knowledge.
Last edited by Redsnow on Sun May 30, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby counterfeitself » Sat May 29, 2010 12:22 am

Alright. Vouvrel Feyor-Vereldar, Xerona Alderwin and Jeeves accepted.

Gabriel Faus will be accepted once his population problem is fixed. (Gonna put him in the top post anyway.)

Postby Redsnow » Sat May 29, 2010 12:34 am

Changed followers to 2800 mages - realized that 2100 was too little compared to the 700 that can fight.

Postby counterfeitself » Sat May 29, 2010 12:37 am

It's fine as long as it isn't like 90,000 mages or something. About 1 in every hundred people has the gift so that is in the entire country around 30,000, so having 1/10th of the countries Mages is a big feat, but nothing too spectacular.

Postby Redsnow » Sat May 29, 2010 1:21 am

Ok - I'll just assume that a bunch of them come to Feyor to join the Order anyway.

Next

Return to Role Playing