Just Between You and Me: Reprise ~ IC - Now to Take Sides

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Just Between You and Me: Reprise ~ IC - Now to Take Sides

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:24 am

Melanthe Fallon, sympathy for the devil.

So many questions went throughout the young raven hybrid’s mind as she stood there watching Leander in front of her. She remembered how her parents were killed, and a week later and just after her eleventh birthday, she too was almost killed, until she was saved by the gentle soul Arkamund.

Not all hybrids are treated badly, but most were? Where does Lucien stand in of all this? He did say after all that he didn’t really like the situation of the hybrids, yet after seeing Leander like this. Her thoughts just went for the worst. Guess it’s natural for the world to lie and play with you.

He is right, I shouldn’t be here. But I can’t leave him alone like this, perhaps Ark could help him like he did with me? Melanthe sighed softly trying to let her emotions the best of her, ”I am Melanthe, my dad is here, maybe we could get you out?”

Melanthe surely felt bad for the bat hybrid, but seeing him in this state and almost crying, made her want to help him all the better, though not sure exactly what she could do. Instead, for now she just carefully wrapped her arms around him, trying not to hurt him, in a careful hug. “I’m sorry for you.” she whispered softly.

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:33 pm

{Lunecious, arrival at night club, Vil 'Lainous - 12:47 AM} Keep Partying

Lunecious sat in the back of his dimly-lit limo, the two girls both seated directly across from him in the lush cushioning of the short soaf that lined three of the four sides of the long space. The small light at the center of the area was dark red, illuminating everything with a shadowed haze of deep scarlets and crimsons. The feeling that Lune and the girls were covered in blood never went away as the limo came to a stop. Even through the thick walls of the reinforced vehicle, the bumping rhythm of the club was managing to seep through in a muffled vibration that mildly shook the seats.

Lune put down his glass of Chateau Cantemerle, laced with bits of crushed medication. He had already tossed back two pills when the limo had picked up he and the girls, but still drank down half another on the ride to the club. He smiled wide as he tugged at his clothes a bit, checking to be sure it was in proper order. His cold eyes then turned up to gaze upon Matilda and Kala. His smile was more twisted and crooked as he stared at them, finger slowly tracing the rim of his glass.

"Tonight... You two get a taste of my work..."

The door on the passenger side -- the only side that was lined by the long sofa -- quickly opened to a sea of voices, flashing lights, and the booming rhythm of the nearby club. The colors of the sign out front and the entrance were dark neons that strobbed at intervals of three seconds, mixing the colors across the gathered lines on both sides of the entrance. Straight through the middle was cleared off by red, velvet ropes, lined by several large bouncers in scarlet suits and white dress shirts. The bouncers were stiff and cautious, watching the crowds opposite their sides for anyone trying to cross the ropes or cause problems.

And one man was standing in the center of it all, dressed in a red, leather vest with matching pants. A black, silver-studded pair of belts crossed over his hips to form an X directly over his crotch. His pale, long fingers were squirming and flexing from the bottom of his long, fishnet gloves that went all the way to his slender biceps. His raven hair was dyed by streaks of pink and neon green to match the bright pink of his blush, and then the green of his eye liner. The vest was cut short, though, keeping his midriff bare to everyone around. But for those with careful enough eyes to make the observation, they would see dark hints of crusted blood under the slender man's long nails.

But perhaps the most odd part was how much the man in red leather looked exactly like Lunecious under the hair dye and tight clothes. Which was likely shown up by a vast degree of disturbance when the man ran forward to pounce Lunecious, forcefully kissing his double. People started cheering and wooing, several women -- and some men -- making suggestive remarks for further displays. Lunecious cut the embrace short, however, picking up his double to stand him by his side. They then turned as the girls were brought out of the car -- if they hadn't gotten out already -- by two more of Lune's bouncers.

Lune stepped forward to Kala's side, watching his double follow suit to move over to Matilda, lifting the girl effortlessly into his arms. At such close proximity, the girl could easily notice that his teeth were sharp and jagged, lined with stains of red. And each breath he let out stunk of raw meat and blood. Lunecious took Kala's hand, walking the girl forward while his double followed behind them with Mattie in his arms. Half of the bouncers followed them inside, closing the entrance doors behind them.

The inside of the club was dark and bright all at once. The flashing strobs and lights would flash off and on repeatedly, leaving only the glowing rings and sticks dancers and patrons carried to light where people were. The blue neon inside the dance floor showed paths to the stairs on either side of the club while also forming a large square at the center of the dance floor. Tables and booths lined the walls, littered with people too tired, drunk, or just too high from drugs to keep dancing on the floor. Every now and then the sight of a couple -- or more -- kissing and fondling would be noticable at the far corners of the club or near the thick pillars that supported the walkways of the two floors above the dance floor.

Lune guided the group through the crowds and into the rooms at the back of the club. Past the doors, the loud music behind them was more muffled and gave a humming rhythm to the welcoming of the dim lights. At first glance, the people lounging in the restricted area for VIPS were just chatting and sitting close together. But then another glance would give light to the fact that everyone was too close together to just be sitting together. The grinding and gyrating of female hips, the slow pumping of bodies, the moving hands; the dark lights gave no details aside from the outlines of limbs and body shapes. But a large number of the people there had barely any clothes on, if they wore anything still.

They proceeded further, walking into a private elevator. It brought them immediately into a large room with glass tables and stable lights. Guards stood watch at the long expanse of glass windows that looked out onto the city from the luxury lounge. Clearly, it was meant only for club personnel, since it carried none of the bright lights or sounds that came from the other areas of the club. Lune let go of Kala's hand as he stepped out of the elevator, his double walking forward to lay Mattie down onto the large couch in the center of the room. All the furniture was of a white or sandy brown color. Including the large bed that was off in its own little space at the back, opposite the windows.

Lune stood at the bar counter across from the elevator as his double sat down beside Matilda's frail form. He smiled at the injured girl, staring at her eyes while brushing his fingers through her hair. He seemed to be regarding her as if she were his personal pet. Lune turned to look back, finally speaking after preparing himself a drank with a bottle of red wine. "For starters, I'll be keeping you girls here, at this club. And you will sleep here, when your shifts are over." He nodded to the bed at the back of the room. "Aside from serving any of my guards, bouncers, or other legitimate employees that come to this room when off duty -- which will be your primary jobs -- you will also be working with the customers. Part of that work will be mingling on the dance floor, selling some 'party favors' we distribute here. Another job is that you will provide personal, private joy for the VIPs in the back rooms of each floor."

Lunecious walked to the center of the room, sitting into a cushioned chair, opposite the couch Mattie and his double were on. He placed his glass upon a coaster on the glass table between the furniture. "Comments, questions? Or anything else you'd like to let out before I proceed?"
Demon of Elru

Postby Bolts » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Louise Caldwell - Sweet dreams are made of-WTF!?

Louise had been snoozing rather comfortably. It felt like he'd been sleeping for months though that obviously wasn't the case. Perhaps that was why the feeling of Harrison's palm over his mouth and the cold press of the gun barrel didn't register at first. When it did though, oh boy did it. "Whath the fuff!!!" the good doctor cried out, his words muffled by Harrison's massive palm. "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die," Louise ran over every possible option he had at this point. The first priority was to identify his attacker. Was it one of his hybrids? A quick squint of the eyes negated that thought. "If he's not one of min then.......oooooh crap......" Louise all but passed out from fear as his head sunk deeper into the pillow.

The good doctor felt the hard outline of the revolver under his pillow, eyes widening as he did. Could he reach it in time? No, no way, not at this range. Whoever was on top of him would blow his head of if he so much as lifted a finger. "Whath thoo you wanf?" he muttered from beneath the hybrid's palm, an obvious note of terror in his voice.

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:41 am

Malon arched her eyebrow at the display. They were getting along quicker than she had previously anticipated. Not that it was a problem for her. It would help in the long run. But she'd have to watch them more closely. The little one would never suggest leaving and Icarus was far too docile to want to leave. It would be the influence of the slaves down below that would corrupt them. The newer slaves, that snow leopard and that male...he wasn't very interesting but he had managed to give her a safe house full of prey.

Perhaps she would jump start her discipline treatment of the new slaves? The new month was far away and without care watching, they would become restless down below. She'd had to prioritize her time with the young ones if she planned on continuing her pleasure in teaching the other's to learn their place by her own hand. Yes. That would be a sad pass time to give up. She would think on it much later. She had a business partner to attend to.

There was a loud, obnoxious banging at her door, panicked and weak. Malon looked towards it and yawned in disinterest. Making a whistling sound, the banging stopped.

"Ma...M-M-Mistress! T-h-there's b-been a shooting downstairs...Ma-master Red..He's been killed." Someone panted from the other side of the door.

Correction.

She had prior plans.

"How quaint......That's a very good boy Damien and you too Ica." She cooed, placing the syringe cap back onto the needle point and petting the wolf boy's head gently. "Now I need you to watch over Ica for me Damien. A good little one like yourself can do that all by yourself yes?"

She was standing to her feet, moving about the room busily as she spoke to the youngest. "I have to go downstairs and attend to something quickly. I'll be back....Icarus. Be good and stay in bed with Damien, he'll make you feel all better. Right Damien?"

All her questions were rhetorical. Talking to herself mostly. How could she have let it happen?

Dead.

Dead in her lobby.

Of course they got him when his defenses were down, but in her hotel? Honestly. Couldn't they have picked a better place? Like outside on the curb or in the alleyway or at his own goddamn club. It could have just been a coincidence. But in their world there was no such thing. Someone must have tailed him. Perhaps they had been caught? Maybe there was a fight that ensued? It didn't make sense, but perhaps Red was distracted by the girls. Maybe they were the reason he was killed.

Or maybe.

Someone was sending a message. To brothel owners; the remaining ones. Now that Red was out of the picture, nothing really left Malon with much choice. She'd have to meet Lune again.

And Jeremy.

He'd have to be put under watch. Possibly protection. The man handled finances but most notably Red's. Everything seemed to be coming down to a fight.

Malon couldn't think straight. The goddamn Press was already at her door. Security was doing their best to keep them back, away from the scene. The police as well. They know better then to step on her territory without permission. She'll deal with the body herself. No one's touching anything until she get's downstairs.

Idly she walked past the bed. Malon pocketed the capped syringe, moving for the door, the man huffing behind it stumbling as he stood up straight. She closed it behind her. Pointing at the door silently and he bowed in understanding. She stepped into the elevator and rode it down, slowly running her hands along her sides, smoothing the wrinkles in her dress. She sighed exhaustedly when the doors slid open.

The hotel guests were curious, some looking warily behind the columns but the rest weren't bothered enough to find out. Malon was certain that they would continue their stay nonetheless. Walking towards the lobby, she noticed many guards outside holding the crowd back. Her eyes flicked through everyone, assessing how many civilians and then camera crew were present. A handful. Definitely not enough for something as big as sending a message. Red's death was purely by chance then. Someone saw the shot and took it. She tried not to feel anything beyond irritation.

Typical.

Nothing could be done of it. Not now at least.

Heels clicking against the tiles, she walked towards the body. Glancing down at it, she arched her eyebrow at the gun wound. Right in his forehead. Sniper. At a distance but close enough to get past the overhang of the building. Red might have even caught the shooter's eyes before getting shot. Must have been nothing going through his head when it happened. Well maybe a couple of curses but that was typical for the man. Keyword, was.

She bends down, examines the body with one look over and becomes disinterested quickly. There wasn't much more she could do for him. He died on her floor. She still had a business to take care of. Lune must already have Red's things in order. Quickly rising. Something to look into.

She motioned with her fingers and the guards broke formation for the six policemen that were called and arrived at the scene. She shifted closer to Red's head, reaching for his left eye. She didn't have to open the eyelid, Red died with his eyes wide open. Her finger pushed inside, the officers around her cringing in disgust, some more verbal than others. Her nails managed most of the cutting but one good yank did the trick. The organ dangled from her grasp, in between her forefinger and middle. One of her guards came to her side with a plastic bag. Smiling softly she placed the eye inside and did the same to the other.

"W-wait, one goddamn minute. Y-you can't just take, his--" The office made a choking sound before controlling himself and his expression, "that's tampering with evidence."

Malon stood slowly to her feet, placing the other organ into the bag and made eye contact with the man as she closed the plastic. "You going to stop me?"

"Y-....Yes, Ma'am. I'm sorry but tha--ughn!!" He coughed, hand moving up to his neck, fingering the syringe there. His expression was surprised, full of disbelief before his eyes rolled into the back of his head; he collapsed.

"Freeze!" The other's shouted after regaining their composure's from the shock, their weapons raised at her. Malon waved them off tiredly.

"He isn't dead, just gave him a bit of Thiopental. He'll snap back up in an hour or so. Maybe quicker, the dose was meant for a hybrid child." The men warily eyed their fallen comrade, one of them kneeling down to check his pulse. Malon felt that she honestly didn't have time to play with anyone at the moment. Her head was bothering her. She wanted to go to sleep.

"Boys. You're surrounded by a bunch of ruthless killers and I just took out one of your men with a little needle. Want to see what I can do with a fountain pen?" They exchanged glances with each other before shaking their heads. They took the hint; lowering their weapon the police began to leave. She waved with a smile. "Buh-bye~ Give the Chief my regards. Tell him a girl doesn't like it when he avoids her the way he does me. He should come visit at least once a week."

She watched as they left and with them the doors to the hotel closed and the press was left outside to deal with the men gathering back their pride. Malon snapped her fingers at the guard standing closest to her. "Take the body and feed it to the hybrids. They haven't eaten yet, I'm sure they'll love a little snack."

"Which cage should we give it to?"

"Separate it. There's a collective of five down there, make them beg for the rest." She spoke offhandedly as if she were discussing what to serve her guests in the hotel dining area. The guard bowed and her men got to work. One carried the corpse over his shoulder, the other's followed while someone else came out of the kitchen door with a butcher knife in hand. Another came to her with a wet rag. She smiled softly, wiping her hands of the blood and then picked up the syringe, handing it to the guard.

"Mistress, your prize." Malon turned and took the container of ice, checking that the eyeballs were inside the bag and then closed the lid. The guard's gaze seemed trained past her.

"What is it?"

"They've started to take pictures Mistress..." Malon turned to look back outside, lights flashing off the hotel door windows. She simply smiled and waved.

"Let them. Dull lives like their's could do with something to look at for once."
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Simon - Somewhere, someplace

The night sky was clear, stars twinkling friendly towards the man walking lonely through the street. But was he really all that alone? The man constantly looked over his shoulder, talking to someone who wasn't there.

"-hy there's no way you should use sugar." Simon had been walking for... He couldn't remember. Could be a mere 15 minutes, could also be 3 hours. Where was he anyway? The buildings didn't look familiar. The boy and the girl were also still there, reminders of the work entrusted to him by the Lord himself. Constantly moving from the corners of his eyes, like a twisted game of Marco Polo. "Hey doc, you still there?" Simon turned to the boy next to him, his grotesque grin sending shivers up his spine. "Because you might want to pay some more attention to where you're going." The boy lifted his arm mechanically, as if pulled up by a string, never keeping his eye off Simon.

Simon peered up in the direction the boy was pointing. There was something, or some one in the distance. His eyes kept blurring and sharpening, he had to blink a few times before he could see what it was. He could feel a growing throb in the back of his mind, was that... was that.. "An angel?" he gasped. A little figure sat on the ground, with majestic wings growing out of it's back. It sat under a street light, making her white clothing light up as if on fire.

The boy let out a sickening chuckle, which sounded more like a botched up gurgle. "Look again doc." Simon squinted his eyes, allowing him a better look. Something was off. The wings, they were leathery, not feathery. A painful throb in the back of his skull, a small red filter entered his eyes. This wasn't an angel, this was yet another one of Satan's little whores. But there was more off, a tail. A big fluffy tail. The creature had two traits? Simon had never heard of any hybrid with two traits before, only the old stories of demons having many traits. Was this figure a demon? He started to back off.

"Hey, HEY! Stay with me old man. This ain't no demon, just another piece of filth that needs to be cleaned up." The boy had moved in front of Simon when he had blinked. He was right though, this wasn't a demon. They were all dead. And even if it was a demon, he had the lord's favor.

A red blur covered Simon's vision. This thing, it was trying to trick him. He approached the figure from the side, thanks to the cover of darkness he could easily get close enough without being spotted. And as he closed the distance, he noticed the figure was a young girl, wounded on the foot. "A ruse." the boy whispered. "Don't fall for it's ploy. Don't pity. Don't have mercy." There was a malicious joy in his voice "Kill it, kill it, kill it, kill it." Simon also noticed a third trait! A scaley back, like that of a fish. The pain in his head became almost unbearable. This thing had to be put down, for the good of humanity!

Simon quickly stepped out of the shadows into the light, grabbing the girl by her hair before she could react. He had expected her to scream, even fight. But she remained strangely quiet as he dragged her off the street into a nearby alley. Even though there wouldn't be anyone out at this hour, he'd rather not risk getting interrupted. "Smart move doc, smart move." The boy stood at the end of the alley, where it would happen. Where the judgement would be passed. Simon had a insane grin on his face, a small trickle of saliva dripping from the side of his mouth. He threw the girl into the middle of the alley, she was still so quite. Why was she so quiet? "Make her scream. Make her scream good." the boy whispered once more.

Simon kicked the girl in the stomach, making her curl up in a little ball, coughing violently. Yet she still remained quiet. The pain in his head intensified "WHY WON'T YOU SCREAM?!?" he yelled as he started kicking the young hybrid all over. She curled up further, trying her best to shield her face from the barrage of kicks.

After a while he stepped back, exhausted. There were wounds all over the arms of the girl, but she still wasn't screaming. Not a sound had come from her. Enraged Simon suddenly grabbed her by the shoulders and started shaking her "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?" he yelled so close to her face that spit hit her face. He then threw her against a nearby dumpster, where she once more curled up.

"Finish it Simon. Finish the deed." The boy suddenly stood next to the pathetic pile of a hybrid, his body constantly twitching, like an old TV that had troubles receiving the channel correctly. Simon reached inside his jacket, feeling the familiar heat of the iron cross against his skin. He looked at the cross, it seemed radiant to him. It was his tool, god's sword. His judge, jury and executioner. He raised it high above his head, as if it was a sledgehammer, and brought it down fast and hard.

The girl tried to block the blow by holding up her arm, but it was in vain. The cross hit the small child's arm and a wet crack filled the alley, followed by the heart wrenching scream of the girl. Simon straightened up and looked down at the screaming pile of filth, holding her broken arm close to her chest. "So the whore can scream." he said while stretching his neck. "Lets see if we can also stop it again." He raised his cross again, aiming her her head. Yes, this would be it, the final judgement.

But when he brought the cross down again, it hit only the leathery wing, where it just bounced off again. Screaming he let the cross come down again, beating on the poor girl's wing in a frenzy. If he had any control left, he could've easily pushed the wings away to get to her head, but in his current state the only thing he wanted to do was destroy this whore until there wasn't anything left that even resembled anything human.

All the while he could heat the boy laugh in the background, a sickening, gurgling laughter that sounded an awful lot like his own. But he had no time for that, not now. This... thing had to be exterminated.

====================================================================

Namid - First friend?

Nervo could help her? So this was all orchestrated by the spirit guides after all! They guided her to her sister, to see the dangers of this city. To see what would happen if she were to fail in her task. Then they guided her to Nervo. Yes, this man would help her, she was sure of it!

It was strange to be washed by someone else than family. And all these things she used, strange colorful cloths where bubbles came out! Bubbles smelling like things she had never smelled before. It only reminded her once more at how little she knew of this world. While Namid had been cautious at first when Paige started, she started to relax a little. She was gentle, she didn't mean any harm.

Paige rinsed the bubbly cloth and asked her where she was from. Which was a far more difficult question than one could imagine. It wasn't her tribe's custom to name places, not like these city folk who had a name for every place. She only named landmarks, stones that held importance, or places where they buried their dead. And even those names didn't work in the same way as these city folk used them. "I am from giant sand flats. Long way from here" Namid liked Paige, they had something in common. She knew she could trust her. And while she had no idea what 'braid' was, she did do her own hair. "Yes, I do own hair." after a short pause "You want hair as Namid as well?" she asked with a smile. While the girl didn't have the thickness in hair like Namid had, nor the length, she could still make a few of the tails in Paige's hair. It would make her look more like a hunter, a warrior.
Mephobiac

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Chame Merkantalte – Great...

Chame listened quietly. His blood pumped a little quicker at the mention of being knocked out before they arrived. “Great...” he muttered in dismay. “...So is that a no, you can’t tell me where we’re going, then?” he asked Stein. Most of his questions weren’t asked simply because he wanted them answered, but because he wanted to see what Stein would tell him. Chame didn’t care if it made him sound a little thick – in fact if it did give the impression he was slow on the uptake, all the better. Feigning a bit of stupidity might increase his chances of escaping. However, to hear how his captor was apparently particularly interested in raven hybrids, did not help settle his nerves either. Great, this just gets better and better, he thought sarcastically.

But how Stein had known he was a hybrid, that was some Chame had been genuinely perplexed about. He had not noticed the feather he had dropped...and when he heard about it, he groaned and closed his eyes. Shit...
He glanced down at his arms; he could feel the dark velvety feathers pressing against the inside of his baggy sleeves, pushing against the material as they grew longer and more and more thickly. He should have at least plucked the loose ones out before going to that cafe...or better still, he should have never gone to the cafe in the first place. It had been a bad move. A very bad move...
Chame had to agree with the doctor there, he should have been a lot more careful.

Chame choked at the cloud of cigarette smoke that wafted into his face, unable to do much to wave the smoke away. “And how would you know about that?” he asked Stein on his ‘one mistake can ruin everything’ comment.

The raven hybrid wondered how much longer this car journey would be; he wasn’t looking forward to its end. He only hoped he could gather the strength to move and get out of the car and escape...preferably before his captor so kindly knocked him unconcious.

Matilda Brooks – Into the club

Matilda kept close to Kala in the limo, hugging her arm as if she was frightened it would disappear, and Kala along with it. She was no longer sobbing, but she was evidently still hurting, and her cheeks were wet with tears. During the car journey, the cat hybrid just wanted to curl up and sleep, but the thought of the situation she and Kala were now in kept her awake. After the recent turn of events, she found she couldn’t relax. And the dim red light of the limo’s interior did nothing to comfort her. She’d had a chance to escape; and now because of her failed attempt, she was too weak to do anything.

But as soon as I’m strong enough, I will try again. I don’t care about his threats, I won’t stay here. I’m not going to be treated like a slave, ‘cause I’m not one. Matilda shook slightly as she huddled against Kala, snuffling back her tears and quietly nursing her own injuries. And if ‘Lunecious’ keeps us I’ll make fucking sure he regrets it.

The young girl waited to be brought out of the limo, unable to climb out herself due to her injured leg. The noise and lights overwhelmed her, and she whimpered as she was picked up by Lune’s double. She didn’t have the energy to struggle, although she would have given anything at that moment to be able to. She stared at the man’s appearance, before noticing his jagged teeth.
Is he...is he even human? she wondered, subconsciously feeling her own pointed teeth inside her mouth with her tongue. Matilda regarded the man warily, having to turn her head away from the repulsive stench coming from his breath. She didn’t mind the smell of meat, but she still preferred not to have the contents of an entire butchers shop breathed on her. ...He’s just been eating a lot of animal meat, that’s all it is..., she reassured herself, the stains of red making her feel nervous.

Inside, the sounds and lights seemed all the more intimidating to Matilda. She was not used to all the activity, and it felt daunting to stare into the confusion of darkness and bright lights, her ears assaulted by the sheer volume of noise. She didn’t associate such places with good things...the eleven year-old probably would have buried her face away from the noise and lights, but if she turned her head away, she’d be only greeted with the stink of blood from Lune’s double. She wasn’t sure which way to turn her head, although as they continued through to the back rooms, she was grateful that the bombardment of music was lessened here. But it did not take Matilda long to realise what went on in this rooms...the hybrid quickly looked away, averting her gaze to the floor. She was glad she couldn’t see much with the dim lighting.

Mattie was relieved when they were finally away from all the noise and activity of the rest of the club, and even more relieved when she was finally set down on the couch. However she glared at Lune’s double, not appreciating a complete stranger touching her hair, and tried to move her head away from him. The girl was too weak to move much though; she knew if she tried to get up off the couch, she’d only end up falling onto the floor.

The hybrid kitten listened to what Lune said in dismayed silence.
“I’m not working for you, or anyone,” Matilda said at last, bluntly. It was the first time she had spoken up since her attempt to escape. She may have been exhausted and injured, but even in her weakened state, she wasn’t afraid speak out. “You can forget it. I’m not doing any of it.”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Stein stopped drumming his fingers on the wheel, his cigerette paused it's twitching to the beat of the radio and his expression went blank. His eyes looked up at the rear view mirror, just staring at Chame's reflection. His face wasn't moving at all, there was just some smoke rising up through his empty stare, something stirred, and the eyes looked...tired. Do you really believe I'd ever be allowed to get away with one mistake? Do I seem like a man who can ever be himself around people? Do you think I don't know the price of discovery? You can at least be yourself around your own kind, but me... and disappeared he sighed and turned his eyes back to the road, slowly breathing in the smoke, calming himself as he returned to control. No, I suppose you don't know, and I don't want you to learn either, the less you know about me the better. The only people, or should I say beings in some of their cases, that I could be around would be just as bad as me, or completely innocent, and I won't let myself be around either of them, not for very long anyway. He gave a dark grimace, half smirk, half frown as the cigerette burned another few millimetres. Great, you've killed my mood now, fantastic. He glared up ahead of him, shoving the horn angrily as someone cut in front of him and glanced up at the darkening sky, realising Could be a full moon this night. His grimace turned more feral, more hungry, a sort of nasty glee tinted around the edges of it as the corners of it twitched upwards. I think I'm going to have fun with you tonight Chame.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Marquis de Soth » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Clink. Clink. Clink. Clink. The wooden rings on the top of the wooden staff sang out with each movement. The owner of the staff, a thin young man, shuffled slowly down the lane, clutching it in his left hand. From underneath a large conical hat, a messy crop of white curls sat on the man's head, obscuring the upper portion of his face from view. Even if the hair was pushed away, one would find that the man's eyes were covered by a bandage that wrapped all the way around his head. This man was known as Monk, though that was not his real name. His true name was Gabriel, though he rarely used it and almost no one knew it. Sometimes Monk would reflect on his lack of a surname but he always came to the same conclusion. He was a hybrid, though he hid it well from the populace, and in the eye of society, hybrids were less than dirt. There were no people out today, Monk thought to himself, listening in vain for familiar sounds of chatter and footsteps. This is an odd omen. Clink. Clink. Clink. The sounds continued for a few more minutes as he continued walking at his own pace. Usually the sound of his staff would bring crowds of people out. "Oh well," came his soothing voice, "It's not like this is an uncommon occurrence." The rings stopped sounding out as Monk stood still, straining his sensitive hearing for any noise, any hint of a companion to speak to. The whole time, one might find it strange that this young man who was clutching his staff was not moving his head around to look until they took a closer look. The more astute onlooker would realize that Monk was completely blind.

"It is going to be a lonely day today..." The young man resumed walking, his staff ringing out in unison to his steps. Sometimes Monk had plenty of people to talk to, other days he had none. Each had benefits and faults. On the days that there was no one around, he could spend his time meditating and focusing his inner self. All he had to do was to find a place for him to sit down and begin meditating. As Monk continued traveling he came across a nice spot to sit and meditate. He tapped the ground a few times with his staff. Each time, the rings on top sang out and each time, Monk was able to "see" the area around him. It was not sight in conventional terms, rather it was just Monk's finely tuned sense of hearing. He had learned to measure the distance between him and objects by picking up on very faint echos that noises made. It wasn't too precise but Monk was practiced enough to utilize it almost as well as a normal man uses sight.

Monk's instincts proved to serve him well. The spot he picked seemed to be adequate for his purposes. Using a sandal swathed foot, he swept the ground in front of him, clearing some dust and general debris out of the way. He sat down with the deliberate focus that every action he took. Taking a deep breath, Monk cleared his mind as the morning sun began to fade away from his focus.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Garethcool » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:20 pm

The beautiful Moira

Moira's face turned red at Jeff's question."Uh... L-lucky I guess... I mean if you count me almost knocking you over lucky." She thought for a moment, releasing his hand. "If it's not completely absurd... Would you mind me taking you out for dinner as an apology? I mean... You look kinda hungry, and it was my fault that I ran into you... If you're not alright with it feel free to say no." She continued to mutter, looking at her feet. "I've heard good things about a few of the places around here, and I'm sure I can explain why I wasn't looking where I was going in a nice restaurant better than out here on the street. So what do you say? A free meal and some company as an apology?"

The Mongrel "Jackson"

Jackson nodded slowly, listening to the instructions carefully. "Got it. Help with the shipment, make sure the ladies sign the 'safety clause' and introduce Paige to everyone. I'm sure I can handle that, and I'm more sure I can handle it even sooner if this whole bathing business wasn't such a hassle with wild hybrids. I mean, I used to hate it once, but I think it was more hating the feeling of water in general." Jackson yawned and cracked his knuckles. "Being back in your workforce should be interesting. It definitely was the last time." Jackson chuckled awkwardly and glanced at his phone, checking the time.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:16 am

Kala Porter - Lune's Club - Down to the familiar business

Kala held Mattie, her dear friend, her only friend. Shhh, she soothed, It’s alright. Master will take care of us. I’ll patch up your leg soon. She stroked the younger girl’s hair with her frail hand. She leaned the girl against her, It'll all be okay. Her heart thumped with the bass while the car slowed to a stop.
Kala watched the party scene calmly, the ruckus and noise being something she was used to. She watched the kiss with a calm face, half expecting them to start humping each other. She followed the bouncer easily; stepping quickly to Lune. She held his hand and followed closely, her slim hips swaying to the beat. It is easier to dance across the floor than merely walk. Her eyes tracked the busy scene, people making out, people dancing or eating. She watched the bartender, a lot of flair but... One, two She thought, then frowned He's shorting the drinks, she murmured probably taking the cash from the extra drinks. Lining his pockets.
When they entered the elevator Kala leaned towards Mattie and patted her new but very dear friend. It's okay. She said again, following Lune out and sitting on the floor next to the couch, her frail form leaning against Mattie's knee. She was so concerned for her companion that she didn't notice Lune motion towards the bed nor the fact that there even was a bed. Sir? Kala asked tearing her skirt to create a makeshift bandage for her friend Are we to sleep on the floor or are we allowed to stay on a couch? Can I still take care of Miss Matilda? Her slender hands pulled Mattie's tattered skirt to reveal her injured leg.
She turned to Mattie's outburst We need to listen to our Master Miss Matilda. She turned her black rimmed eyes to Lune, I'm terribly sorry for her sir. She bowed her head She has not been long in the industry. What "Party favours" will we be selling?
Last edited by Tragedy_and_Comedy on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:32 am

{Night Club, Vil 'Lainous, Executive Suite}

Lunecious just stared down into his drink while listening to both girls respond. His cold eyes were calm and unnerving attentive to the every motion of the liquid he beheld. He made no actual change in appearance when Mattie had made her response, but the guards in the room seemed to try moving as much further from their master as they possibly could. Even Lune's double flinched for a second as if he had nearly been attacked in some way. Lune just sat at his chair across from the couch, never responding.

Three minutes passed before he finally looked up from his drink. He reached his free hand into a pocket, pulling out his touch-screen cell to set onto the table between the couch and chair. He then let it rest there, not touching it again. "Kala, you two will have the bed. I try to ensure my property is comfortable and properly treated." His eyes remained fixed upon the wine as he continued. "The favors will be a variety of popular items. You are not to partake, not matter which product may be on the menu. As for when you sell which one, that is left up to one of the supervising staff members who will be working here."

Lune's double slowly got up from the couch, leaving the injured Matilda to lay upon its cushions as he moved to stand somewhere behind Lunecious and near the large bed. Evidently, he knew what was coming, even though the guards still looked unsure about how Lune would respond to Matilda's brash words. Lune slowly began lifting his wine glass from the table, a calm and otherworldly smile present upon his lips. "Kala... Take Matilda over to lie on the bed..." His tone, while calm, held a floating note of amusement as he distinctly heard a slight sound from behind him as his double pulled out a box from under the bed. "Then place the items in the box upon her wrists." Lune's double walked back to his master, kneeling beside the chair like a loyal pet. The man's eyes were wide and his body was beginning to shake. Lune placed his free hand upon the raven scalp of his lookalike, stroking through an all-too familiar mass of hair.
Demon of Elru

Postby Cheesemore » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:19 pm

~Jeff - Screaming? What the hell's going on around here?~

Jeff was amused by how flustered Moria had gotten. Was she really that embarassed by running into him? Or was she just mad that she didn't find anything in his pockets? He decided to play along a little longer, it was probably better that he got going soon anyway. But how did she know he was hungry? 'I've said one sentence to her, how the hell did she know I was...' his thought was interupted by a rather loud groan of his stomach. 'Well, that might have tipped her off.' he thought before finally responding. "Absurd? No. A little odd, yes. Unfortunately..." "No!, I can't think like that!" his sentence was stopped by a scream comming down a nearby alley.

"Did you hear that too? Or am I going crazy?" he asked and without giving her a chance to respond he walked towards the alley he heard the scream from.He peered down it, half expecting to see a mugging, or a rape, instead he just saw another guy. Sobbing on the wall. He turned back to Moria. "A friend of yours?" he asked her pointing at Rune with his other hand. Whatever had happened her, it must have been quite the experience for both of them. Since both of them were sobbing when Jeff found them.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:04 pm

Kala Porter - Lune's private room - The strength of a gorilla

Yes Master Kala picked her friend up easily, the strength in her slender body seemed disproportionate, especially when you considered the fact that Mattie; while shorter, was at a proper weight for a girl her age and Kala was quite underweight. Kala's torn blue dress swished and trailed on the floor as she crossed the room, her feet making nary a sound.
May I bandage her wounds? Kala's long black hair was still half tied and the half not in a pigtail shielded Mattie's face from the onlooking guards. It was almost as if Mattie was veiled in a sheet of black silk, cloaked by the night itself. Kala wondered what the younger girl thought of her, surely less, for she did not react how Mattie would have. Mattie was a strong girl, a bright girl and Kala was just a stupid barmaid.
Kala gently put the cat-girl down positioning the girl in the way that would most reduce the pain from her wounds as she took a closer look at Lune's double. Nearly the same, physically identical, but... Is he drugged too? she murmured, her alto voice a near whisper Mama used to shake like that when they wouldn't give her the drugs. She looked into the box the double had given her and spoke clearly, hoping Lune would ease her troubled thoughts I have never seen anything like these before. I don't know how to use them. Kala had a vague idea what they were for but didn't know how to use them without injuring Mattie further. She already had to apologize for allowing her to get hurt, Kala didn't know what she'd do if she hurt her only friend.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Fummoffu » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Paige looked at Namid with a slightly puzzled expression. She didn’t quite know what Namid meant when she told her about her homeland, but it didn’t really matter at the moment (there would be more time to learn about Namid’s intriguing past). She continued to chat and carefully wash the docile hybrid. She suddenly paused at the thought of having braids.

Paige smiled gleefully, “I would love to have a hairstyle similar to yours”, she said as she finished rinsing the water into the basin for the last time.

She got up from the edge of the bath and helped Namid cover herself with the cloth. She shook her head upon realising that the poor girl didn’t have anything better to wear.
“We’ll have to get you some clothes. Maybe you can wear this till then,” said Paige as she pulled a black shirt from out of her backpack.
“It’s not much, but it should do for now.” She said with a friendly nod as she handed over the shirt.

“We should find out if Nervo is ready to go...”
Paige sighed deeply and grudgingly at the fact that her life was about to be signed away. She turned to face the door and stepped forward to open it.

“Umm...we’re done, Nervo” she said as she peeked through the door and into the passage.
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Iris » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Nervo, Morning, At home.

Nervo holstered his revolvers after finally finishing cleaning them, his eyes remained without emotion for some as he listened to Jackson, his face twitched in annoyance at the fact the hybrid choose to dredge up the wrong memory, most likely it was unintentional but the teen had brought up the memory of the original Exotus-Paradigm.

"This time things will be different." Nervo whispered darkly as he heard the bathroom door opening, "Thank you for doing me that favour Ms. Ravensdale." Checking his watch the man noted that soon another guest would be arriving to his apartment, "Ms. Ravensdale, I'd like to inform you that the original plans have changed, not to worry you'll still be working under my employment but the living arrangements have had to be altered due to, Ms. Namid's state of health. One of my other new employees is to arrive here with the hour now; a Ms. Pendry. She is a human in a difficult position and has asked to be employed at the club."

The man began to straighten his clothing and pulled out his cellphone to call his driver, "The original plans were that I house only you and Ms. Pendry but due to an additional guest and future employee, one of you will be sharing a room. I hope you won't be adverse to this. Now if you'll excuse me I need to call our driver so that we can head to the club and sign the appropriate contracts."
After dialling in a series of digits Nervo could hear the phone going off until his man picked up, "Scotty, I require a pick up within ten minutes at my place, keep it low profile and eyes open." Nervo waited for a reply from the man before hanging up.

Postby Fummoffu » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Scotty “Eagle Eye” Chaplin - The Eagle has landed

Eager smartly dressed hybrids and humans alike waded through the crowds of jovial customers, taking orders for an array of drinks and delectable dishes while the house band played classic retro music. The club was alive with laughter, gossip, the clanging of cutlery and the smooth rhythm and beat of the band. Exodus-Paradigm mimicked a way of life that seemed to have been lost. High society could once again dine and be entertained in a luxurious and posh setting.

A figure stood upon the first floor landing that surveyed the club in all its splendour. He watched over the tables which were littered with the smug and snooty patrons. His radiant green eyes flickered slightly under the dim chandeliers, yet showed no emotion what so ever. He leaned against the oak banister as the smell of cigars and expensive perfume wafted up towards the ceiling from below. His gaze changed from area to area of the club, scanning it vigilantly for any signs of trouble.

He waved the smoke off and away from his black coat, adjusted the devious looking mask that covered half his face and straightened his red tie that was covered in yellow smiley faces.
Suddenly, his cellphone rang and vibrated in his right coat pocket. He instantly snapped out of his daydream. The vision of a lively and popular Exodus-Paradigm evaporated before him and was replaced by an empty club. A few workers were still bringing in tables and setting up the stage for the opening night. He pulled it out, flicked it open and then heard the instructions that Nervo proceeded to give him.
“Yes Sir. I’ll be on my way” he said in his gruff monotone voice.

He placed the phone back in his pocket and started to descend the staircase. He made his way to the back of the club. As he entered the back room (which leads to Nervo’s private garage) he looked over at one of his underlings.

“Tony, you’re in charge of my shift till I get back. Don’t let anything happen while I’m gone” said Scotty, yet the last sentence seemed to be more of a piercing threat than an instruction.

The man nodded with a slightly worried look in his eyes as Scotty marched towards the garage. He arrived just as a young fox hybrid, with a long bushy tail, had finished polishing the headlights of Nervo’s prized, magnificent black Rolls Royce. He strolled up to it and looked at his dark visage in the reflection of the window. He put his hand out towards it and scraped off a bit of grime that the careless boy had obviously missed. He turned slowly to look at the boy, who was clutching his tail nervously.

“Bang” said Scotty with a dry callous voice as he flicked the grime with great speed and deadly accuracy right between the boy’s eyes. He smirked as he unlocked the driver’s door and got into the car.
“The creatures Nervo hires these days...” he said coldly as he started the engine and gestured for someone to open the garage door.
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Keiran » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Harrison looked down at Louise, his face hard and stone like. <<WHAT DO I WANT?>> his vocalize hissed, a seductive whisper by Louise’s ear as Harrison’s own ears twitched and heard steps, <<I WANT TO GET REVENGE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, I WANT TO KILL YOU. BUT I WILL NOT. PROVIDED YOU DO SOMETHING FOR ME, AND QUICKLY, HUMAN. >> He twitched the gun in his palm, making sure Louise knew who was in charge and he grinned, showing dangerous looking teeth. <<YOU WILL SURVIVE THIS ENCOUNTER, BUT ONLY IF YOU TELL ME HOW TO GET OUT. THERE ARE HUMANS, FROM RED, HERE TO KILL YOU. YOU ARE A LIABILITY TO HIM. COME WITH ME AND YOU LIVE; LIE TO ME ON GETTING OUT, AND YOU DIE. SOUND GOOD TO YOU? >>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Damien nodded at Malon as he stroke the sobbing Ica’s head, watching as Malon left.
“Wii be good. She no huwt us. I potect you, Ica. I stwong!”
Ica nodded miserably and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy, still sobbing. I don’t want to be here, Ica thought, But what else can we do? Damien fell asleep against the older boy and Ica simply stared against the wall, stoking the boy’s furry arms.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lucien smiled easily at Arkamund as he spoke, his voice very calm and his usually sharp eyes were half closed, “Of course you can keep your phone, comrade, I keep mine with me. And what I do outside of work… not much, truthfully, I play a few video games and check up on my father,” his smile turned viscious at the thought of his pathetic отец, “And I would watch for the other brothel owners… but I don’t really have too many enemies, most just think I am a bit mad…” He hummed as he entered his office, “That wouldn’t be far off though, I have recently started taking mood modifiers, because of old anxiety issues and my anger…”

Then he heard it, “It’s alright, Melanthe, it’s better now you’re here,” and he froze for a split-second before he rushed in to the side room, forcefully pulling Leander off the girl. “Get ‘Er Out Arkamund!” he hissed as Leander laughed darkly.

“Can’t get everyone can I, you dirty Russian?” Leander drawled while cackling, “I get another, you know I will. And I’ll break them too, just like your precious little kitty!” The slightly smaller Hybrid tore at Lucien’s face, “You watched me fuck him, you watched me break him AND TOBIAS LET ME! I’LL BREAK YOU TOO, HUMAN SCUM! I’LL BREAK YOU LIKE I BROKE TOBIAS!” Lucien slammed the butt of his gun into the frail bat’s head, knocking him out more easily than one would think.

The Russian panted and put his face in his hands, Это было слишком близко. Я не могу позволить ему больно кому-либо еще. (That was too close. I can't let him hurt anyone else.). {Click link and press listen}” He turned to Melanthe, “Vy did you come in here, little vone?”

Postby Marquis de Soth » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 am

Monk

Monk felt himself being roused from his state of meditation. It had been some time since he sat down to meditate, perhaps even close to a day. Before he would get up to move on, Monk would have his daily meal. Monk reached for his personal effects nearby his position. As a man living a simple life, he owned very little. Other than his staff, Monk traveled with a small knapsack where he kept some food supplies. He also owned a small canteen for carrying water as well as a pot and cup to make and drink tea. Today Monk would make no tea, as he felt the tug of wandering pulling on him. Instead, he made do with some water and breakfast. Having traits of a bear had always left Monk with certain eating habits. He always had adored fish, even as a small boy, and he held a certain weakness for berries. As such, his usual daily meal consisted of berries. Monk grabbed his knapsack and brought it to his lap. It was hardly a knapsack, little more than a handmade leather pouch, but it served its purpose dutifully, as Monk himself always strives to do. With practiced ease, the blind man reached into his bag and retrieved his intended prize, a small bunch of dried berries. Many often marveled at how little Monk ate, at times it seemed that he consumed less than even the poorest pauper did, and often it was the case. Through years of self control and mental training, Monk had taught himself how to conserve resources and waste as little energy as possible. As a result, such a tiny meal seemed like a feast to him. Monk finished his breakfast and took a small sip from his canteen. I shall have to remember to refill this at my next opportunity Monk thought to himself. Monk was never one to leave himself unprepared. He took each action deliberately and with much forethought.

He gripped his staff in his left hand and used it to prop himself up. Standing up straight, Monk stretched his limbs out, getting them prepared for another days worth of travel. He reached down and retrieved his bag, shouldering it and using his right hand to dust himself off. Monk raised his left arm and brought his staff down vertically in a strong motion. THUD. CLINK went the staff. Though the motion would confuse most people, Monk used this to establish his bearings, his sensitive hearing picking up on the sounds bouncing off nearby objects. Satisfied with what he heard, Monk began to walk, in no particular direction. Sometimes Monk walked in one direction for days, even months never changing his direction, sometimes Monk wandered off into nature to restock his supplies. Today was not one of those days. Today Monk was just going to walk. As he walked, he noticed that there were going to be people around today. He heard them long before they realized that Monk was approaching. As he walked, little children would swarm around Monk's legs, drawn to the young man in the funny looking hat. Monk smiled warmly and placed his hand on their heads, giving them a blessing. They would run off squealing with glee to their parents to relate the tale. Sometimes Monk would also converse with the parents of the children, often they had a shy child clutching to their legs or hiding around corners. Though Monk could not see them, he knew they were there, his other sense would pick them up. After a while, these kids would drum up enough courage to move closer to the strange man talking to their mommy or daddy. When this would happen, Monk would always make sure to address them when the proper break in conversation would arise. His soft and calming voice would often dispel any fears about him and he would offer to give them a blessing. Sometimes they would refuse out of some residual distrust but more often than not, they would accept, and come out of the experience a little braver. When Monk would speak to the parents, he would hear their woes, reassure them that all will be better, give them his blessing, and most importantly, listen to the latest gossip on the street. Most of the time it was not very useful information but sometimes a little nugget would pop up.

Monk would receive small offerings and gifts for his visit, which he always accepted gracefully and gratefully. The small offerings, often food or a small sum of money, would help keep Monk traveling with little issue and, as would often happen, he would pass on the same kindness to any household that needed assistance. Monk was always giving, even when he had nothing himself. Monk would always reason to himself What was the point of engaging in simple physical pleasures so selfishly? His purpose in life was to help others and a small act of kindness on his part could go a long way to help others. Of course his ultimate goal was to help other hybrids. Monk was a hybrid himself, but he kept that fact hidden away. If anyone found out about his true identity, he would surely be taken away into slavery or worse. No. His purpose was to rescue other hybrids from that terrible fate. He knew what horrors went on every day, how innocent hybrids were subjected to the worst society had to offer. Shaking himself from his dark thoughts, Monk continued wandering onwards, leaving the latest group of parents and children behind. Monk had shared some of his meager money with the families there, hoping that it would be enough to get them by another few days. The children were always saddened to see the man in the funny hat leave but that was his lot, he could never stay in one place. Monk's day had been quite eventful so far, though he tried to keep himself from such thoughts, he looked forward to getting his rest later in the day. Until then, he would keep wandering, spreading hope where he could.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Chame Merkantalte – In Stein’s car – ...oh shit.

Chame felt his fear and alarm rise a little higher. Okay...maybe I went too far and that question was a little too personal for comfort. Shit. And now he's closed up on me. I'll be lucky to get anything more out of him now. He had found Stein's answer rather interesting, however. And more than a touch ironic.

The price of discovery... the words stung him like a bitter taste in the throat. The story of his life, that really was.
Chame couldn't possibly relate to what Stein was referring to personally or imagine what it was like, but his words carried their own meaning for the hybrid spy. To hide behind a mask and not be yourself around others was something Chame understood only too well. All those times he'd had to pretend to be someone's friend, someone to confide in, someone to share secrets with, someone harmless and honest...but all he had really been was a slave and a traitor. All those times he wished he could have just told the hybrids he was there, not for their friendship or help like they thought, but simply because his masters wanted to expose them and hunt them all down...And those times he'd had to smile and pretend everything was fine to his fellow hybrid and human members on the project, not letting them know that he planned to kill all of them soon... It was hard keeping secrets and trying to be a different person. That much Chame could relate to.

But Chame was annoyed at himself for pressing too far. He shouldn't have asked that question. He only hoped that Stein would open up and talk about himself again in due time, but for now, the raven hybrid decided it was best to back off and ask no more questions. Any further personal questions would only make Stein suspicious.

At the doctor's other comment, Chame felt his blood run cold. He stared back at Stein through the car mirror. "Fun?" he repeated, turning slightly paler. "I...I don't think so, I'm really not that fun...in fact, I'd probably bore you very quickly..." Now his instincts were screaming at him to get out. Just find a way out of this, somehow, anyhow. But he was forced to wait. The paralysis was still having an effect on him. If he made a move now his body wouldn't be able to respond quickly enough. But he was getting there. Chame dared not move around much in case Stein decided the paralysis was wearing off too fast, and decided to do something about it before Chame could make a move. But the raven was sure he could begin to feel a certain amount of strength returning to him.

The timing was everything. Move too soon, and his body wouldn't be able to respond quickly or accurately enough. Move too late, and the opportunity to do anything at all would have gone, since Stein planned to knock him out. He just needed a little more time...meanwhile, he just had to stay still and work out his options.

"I think you'd be better off finding someone else - I'm not that entertaining," Chame suggested, trying to keep the panic out of his voice. "Sorry to disappoint you, sir..."

Matilda Brooks – Lune's club, Executive Suite - What's going on?

"Master? What Master?" she replied coldly to Kala. "There's no such thing. Not to me anyway. And there shouldn't be for you, either. Did what I said at Red’s place mean nothing to you? There’s always a choice...we’re people, not property..." The girl shook her head weakly in dismay as Kala picked her up and carried her over to the bed. Matilda had thought she had been getting somewhere when she’d managed to convince Kala to run away with her the other day...but now if seemed as if she was back at square one. Why was Kala just accepting it?

The cat hybrid frowned deeply, puzzled and concerned. She was expecting to be punished for speaking out of line, but beyond what was said she didn’t know what was going on; and that worried her. What was in the box? What was going to happen now?

Ginette Pendry – At an unnamed hostel – Today will be better, I swear!

“Look Miss Pendry, I’m sorry but you’ve outstayed your welcome. You can argue it out all you like, but if you don’t pay up for the extra night that’s your own problem,” the room attendant informed, sweeping a disgruntled young woman down the corridor towards the exits. The bag on her back was half open, with a few items of clothing and the odd piece of underwear hanging from it, as if it had been packed in a hurry.

“Oh come on, you barely gave me time to get my stuff out of the room! I’ve already apologised about the payment issue and I’m leaving, okay? But you don’t have to practically shove me out the door! Ever heard of ‘good customer service’? No, I don’t suppose you have; your accommodation is horrible anyway. I’d expect a hybrid to have better sleeping arrangements than your shit hole.” The girl tried to tuck in the loose clothing and shifted her bag over a shoulder, walking quicker out of the hostel.

Once outside, Ginette Pendry sat down against the wall, running a half-gloved hand through her hair with a sigh. “Well I won’t be going back there again,” she muttered to herself. She wouldn’t have stayed there at all, apart from the fact it was the only thing she could currently afford. And even the money for that had dried up now. Ginette wasn’t sure what she would have done if she hadn’t found out about Exotus Paradigm - lived on the streets?

“And just look at me...hardly a good impression to meet my future employer looking like this...” She scrutinised herself, standing up and looking at her mismatched charity-sale clothing, faded makeup and slightly tangled blonde hair in the reflection of a window. “I look like a teenage runaway.” She fiddled with the butterfly necklace around her neck; one of the few items she’d had on her, the night her home was destroyed. She’d thought about trying to sell it if the worst came to the worst, but she’d hoped it wouldn’t come to that. She only hoped Mr Bell-whateverhisnameis wouldn’t suddenly change his mind and leave her stranded with no job and nowhere to go. Her nightmares were bad enough, without having to live through the nightmare of being a hybrid sympathiser, homeless and alone on the streets every night. That was a scenario that didn’t bare thinking about.

Ginette turned around to face the street, hugging her arms and biting her lip nervously. “Well, I guess it could be worse,” she murmured quietly, trying to untangle her hair and make herself look more presentable.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:31 pm

-Carlos, Corona Blanca, Late-
The dinner with Lucien and Jeremy had gone wonderfully, although Lucien had been a bit odder than he expected. Jeremy and his lover also seemed to have some low opinion of him, Carlos had to admit, although he could simply not fathom why. Still, relations with Lucien seemed good, and he'd gotten in with one of the big investment bankers of the town. To celebrate, Carlos went back to his club and, well, partied. A lot, as usual. He'd taken to doing that on good days, mixing with the crowds and having a good time. Made sure people knew who he was, too. Leaving a good impression with customers seemed liked good business, from his point of view. You couldn't beat street opinion. As with most of his forays, the night ended with one too many drinks and beautiful women.

As he woke early that morning, with a ranging headache and little desire to be up so early (although he'd made a habit of it, to keep on top of life), he got out of bed and caught some breakfast. He hadn't checked his email and phone last night, and so hurried to check his information. First thing on there was the most shocking. The infamous Red Max, drug mover and brothel owner, dead. Personally, Carlos was lightly joyed. Not just that an opponent was out of business, though he'd had that joy before, but primarily because while he barely knew him, everyone knew Red was a right bastard. Finally getting his dues. Shifting though his what he had, however, it wasn't all good news. Far as his guys could dig up, most of Red's property was now owned by a new fellow. Lunecious. Didn't seem like a terribly nice fellow himself. Some folks couldn't just have good natured fun, he supposed.

Still, he needed to look into this. He'd heard some rumors, and decided now was as good a time as any to check them out. There was a rather odd fellow on the streets who might know more. The kind who moves everywhere and hears everything. He decided to go alone, no need to bring too much heat and prying eyes to this. Compared to his usual flashy attire, Carlos was dressed in fairly standard clothing, with a preference for white and hiding his features. Driving in what seemed a rather average car that could be owned by anyone, the kind people see often and never noticed, he drove through town. He went into town sometimes like this. He'd been raised on the streets, and learned a thing or two on how to lay low and how important it could be to hear what they say. Searching through town off what he knew, he tried to track down the stranger, blind Monk. When he finally did spot him, it wasn't too hard to tell. The whole blind monk and ringed staff thing was a telling sign. Parking and walking around for a bit to get a view of the area, and if this guy was as good as he hoped, he may well have noticed. He finally walked over, moving right past him before speaking up. "Well, you certainly look like quite the wise man. Wouldn't happen to know anything about, say, this here fine town and events within it?" He spoke nonchalantly, surpressing his accent and speaking softly.
For the Greater Good

Postby Marquis de Soth » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Monk

It had been a long day. Monk had been traveling for most of the day, speaking to various families. Sometimes he wished that he could see the faces of the people he helped. Monk quickly perished the futile yearnings and continued moving. As he traveled, a figure approached Monk. Before the man came near, he reached up and adjusted his hat so that it sat better on his head. The last thing that Monk needed was his hat to slip off and someone managing to see the pair of fuzzy ears peeking out from his mass of white curls. Truthfully, Monk had heard the man long before he had decided to approach him. From the sound that his footwear made on the ground, Monk guessed that this was the kind of man who dressed well. So Monk thought to himself as he continued walking This one is not one of the usual beggars. I wonder what this one would want from someone like me As the man came near, Monk kept walking, acting as if he hadn't noticed him. Most people liked to assume that because he was blind he was also completely unaware of his surroundings. The man overtook Monk and passed him slightly before he spoke.

The other man spoke softly and spoke well, something that Monk also took note of. The man had also jumped straight to the point, indicating either that he was willing to get what he wanted immediately or that he just made a momentary slip. Whichever was the case, Monk ignored the man and continued walking, his staff jingling with each step. He kept walking until he felt that he had taken an adequate amount of time. Monk stopped and his staff fell silent, keeping his back to the man. It seemed as if the entire surroundings were quiet at that moment. Monk turned around and shifted his weight to his left side, leaning on his staff. His voice finally came forth, soft and warm, "I am but a simple monk my dear son." His usage of the word "son" was not meant as an insult but rather as a term of endearment, one that Monk favored using on all who spoke to him. Monk decided that it would be best to allow the man a subtle hint at how much he knew. "What could I possibly know that someone as affluent as yourself would not already?" Monk's first test had been issued to the man, depending on how he answered would shape what Monk would give to him.

Monk took the opportunity in waiting for the man's answer by sitting down and drawing a small cup from within his robes. He reached into his knapsack and withdrew his canteen and poured some of the water into the cup, taking a small sip from it afterward.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:42 am

{Vil 'Lainous, Suite}

The box contained a pair of large, bulky, oddly designed shackles. Heavy enough that Kala herself would find it difficult to carry or pick up both at once, meaning she'd need to place them onto Mattie one at a time. At first glance, they would only seem to be larger to make them harder to move in. But closer inspection would show a set of small, paper-thin openings that went all along the inside of the shackles, forming a pair of smooth circles for each item. There also seemed to be small lines on the insides where some pieces might detach or come out, but Kala wouldn't be able to work a nail under any. Both shackles were opened and ready for fitting. The bulk of their masses were slide back while linked by thin wires to keep the halves from falling away. Each shackle also had a simple button on the top that could be pressed to retract the restraints automatically. The outer side had a pair of thick hooks that could be slid into chains or other methods of confinement. But the box held no such things aside from these odd shackles, so they likely wouldn't be a part of what Lunecious had in store.

Lune, meanwhile, was finishing sending a text on his phone. "No, do not bother tending her wounds... And you should place those over her wrists." He then began pressing and sliding a finger over the touch screen, searching for something.

Some minute or two later, another man would come up through the same elevator they had just rode in moments ago. He was dressed in a blue business suit with white pinstripes. The jacket was left unbuttoned, likely to keep from squeezing onto the rotund stomach the balding man had. Lune waved him over to stand with the guards, the man's eyes busily scanning over every inch of the room.
Demon of Elru

Postby Fummoffu » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Scotty "Eagle Eye" Chaplin - Scotty you can Drive my car~

Scotty drove towards his destination. The vehicle was very spacious and luxurious, with enough room for Nervo and anyone else he wished to bring along. Scotty turned on the radio, that was set to the Jazz station, and increased the volume in an attempt to drown out the noises of the busy city. As he drove he kept an eye out for anything suspicious. He did this because Nervo wasn't a generic club owner, he was a man with a mirky past that was clouded with rumors. Scotty may have worked for him (for what he considered to be a long time), but the man he knew as Nervo was just the first layer to a complete mystery.

It wasn't a long drive to Lanely Avenue (where Nervo's temporary apartment was). He lazily held onto the wheel as he drove in zig zags throught the maze-like city. He tapped his fingers on the dashboard to the rhythm of the music as he drove.
He soon found the road he was looking for, smoothly turned the car and drove down the long road till he came to the corner where Nervo's dull, red brick apartment building stood. He pulled up against the pavement and parked right outside the security gate. Scotty reached into his pocket and dialed Nervo's cell number.

"I'm parked right outside, Sir" he said gruffly before ending the call.

He took out his silver pistol and checked that it was properly loaded before holstering it again. He opened his jacket pocket, took his rubix cube out and started to sort all the colors. He still kept an out out even though the body of the car was reinforced as well as the windows. To anyone else it looked like a normal car, but it would take a lot more than a barrage of bullets to pierce it.
Ha Ha
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bolts » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Dr. Louise Caldwell ~ Domestic Violence

"Red's men? Here!?" Louise thought to himself, his mind racing wildly. What was he supposed to do? Was he to believe the possibly insane hybrid holding a gun to his head? Right now that certainly seemed like the safest plan. On the other hand, Red was the closest thing he had to a friend. Why on earth would he send men to kill him? The good doctor's brow furrowed as he glared at Harrison. "Why the fuff shu I berief you?" he questioned from beneath Harrison's massive paw. Of course the cold gun barrel placed against his forehead was more than enough of a reason to listen to the bear hybrid.

After shifting his mouth out from beneath Harrison's paw, Louise continued to glare at the hybrid. ".....There's a revolver underneath my pillow, grab it," he stated flatly, shifting out from beneath the gun and making his way to his coat rack. After dawning his lab coat, Louise mad his way over to his closet. "This way," the good doctor grunted, opening the door to reveal nothing more than a row of business suits. After shuffling the suits out of the way, Louise pressed against the back wall, causing it to concave in briefly before sliding out of the way entirely, revealing a fairly narrow escape tunnel.

"I used to use these tunnels for bringing drugs in before I started doing business with Red. Stick close or you'll get lost along with the rest of the trash that tried escaping through here." The two men made their way down the tunnel, twisting and turning every which way as they made their way through the maze. "I hope you have a fucking ride waiting for us otherwise we're not going to get very far," Louise growled as the approached the end of the tunnels at last. By now the sound of water could be heard beneath them as the two dropped down into one of the sewer walkways. "We're underneath 12th street now," the good doctor stated as he turned to face his abductor. "This is as far as I should have to lead you. What the fuck do we do now?"

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 pm

-Carlos-
Carlos took in the cool morning air as he waited for a response. It was a long wait, and Carlos stood there, not looking back. Finally a response came, and it was half what he expected. This was definitely the right guy, though. Turning around, he looked over the strange fellow in front of him for a second before responding. "A great deal, I figure. Word travels quick on the streets, and the folks that don't get a second glance hear most all of it. A kindly blind monk could hear a lot of things, on these streets." Again, he spoke calmly and softly, partially to hide his voice and mostly to avoid anyone overhearing him. Leaning up against a nearby wall, Carlos spoke again, trying to figure out what to tell and what to ask. He wasn't quite sure the best way to deal with a monk. He'd met a lot of strange fellows, but blind monk is the type he hadn't. "I know a powerful man, Red Max, is dead. I know an even crueler fellow has taken over his property. Lunecious is the one I'm most worried about, but frankly I could just use the street word on what's going down in this town."
For the Greater Good

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing